What was the silliest Vidya rumor you ever fell for?

What was the silliest Vidya rumor you ever fell for?

>Pic related.

Attached: aid4877857-v4-728px-Fix-Scratched-PS2-Games-Step-1-Version-2.jpg (728x546, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zX2smM87r14
youtu.be/hX3YS1VEHi0
youtube.com/watch?v=9k93hsNaqhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

KH3 was coming out soon and the new enemies were called "inkies". This was in 2006.

That winning 512 battles in the dinosaur forest in FF6 would bring General Leo back. 512 didn't seem so bad, because it was just twice the number of battles you had to win to uncurse the Paladin Shield.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (612x1000, 125K)

Bill's secret garden.

Attached: 1554780329063.png (900x1200, 1.15M)

That you should only buy one system and stick with the brand for life, defending its honor on forums like a retard.

The one in Shadow of the Colossus? Isn't that one real?

I beg to differ. My copy of kh1 was scratched to hell and back, using this trick saved that disc and made it run like new.

Using the rocket in Mossdeep city.

Talkworld was fake

toothpaste is abrasive, so it's not silly at all.

Shut the fuck up, seriously, you don't know how it feels to be a sonychad. You can't even imagine the feels.

pokemon r/b/y

>toothpaste disc
It actually works though

No, an old as hell Pokemon Red and Blue rumor. The rumor was that you could go behind Bill's house and there was an area where you could catch all evee evolutions and Pikablue.

Attached: 1473688607933.png (799x1060, 679K)

Oh you poor man. Did you look under the truck?

I didn't fall for any of them.
You can't be lied to as a kid if no one talks to you.

Attached: gta-v-chiliad-mural.jpg (1200x823, 148K)

I heard ur mum is a gay

toothpaste actually works because like this user already said it's abrasive.
you just have to polish it evenly for some time. preferably with a micro fiber lens cloth.
unless your dics have scratches as deep as moon crates. if that's the case you are a fucktard anyway and don't deserve functional things.

Attached: 800x800.jpg (800x800, 25K)

Which one?

>that one geocities/angelfire tier website telling you to do stuff like hide your gameboy in the fireplace for 24 hours to unlock Flarechu

Attached: 1559001856373.jpg (540x564, 67K)

wouldn't the abrasiveness of the toothpaste be kinda like those drillpress turned into CD resurfacers?

>It's a white rock.

if you post on Yea Forums you're a loser faggot

OoT is a masterpiece.

this shit works dummy

I only spend 8 hours a day here to laugh at you losers.

>It doesn't work but nintendium ensures the Gameboy survives.

Seriously I saw that thing get compacted into an asphalt road and still work.

Fuck man, Pikablu. Those days before we knew G/S was a thing.
I remember seeing a leaked sprite of it. How could we have known that it was real, albeit with a different name?
Thanks to the internet, we will never experience those days again, though ironically we wouldn't have experienced that without the internet.

>Mewthree

The sad thing is I believe you. There's so many false flagging shitposters here that actual discussion is usually impossible.

If you bring a nicknamed Regice back to its cave, you'll encounter a Regigigas.

There was a local Nintendo game and watch rip-off with a local Tom & Jerry rip-off characters playing "Catch an egg" rip-off.
Someone said, if you get the highest possible score (like, 999 eggs IIRC), you get to see a full cartoon episode on it (and even though my stupid younger self had a basic grasp that the screen only lights up pre-drawn pictures and cartoon would be impossible to play on this thing, I still hoped for the best)

Attached: Nupogodi.jpg (3648x2736, 1.76M)

I didn't cause I'm not a retard

Waluigi in Super Mario 64 DS.
>tfw believing stuff on the internet as a little kid.

Attached: 07B8D32E-D423-4C06-B02F-F651EB23AF62.jpg (1200x357, 121K)

Flipping your ps1 upside down - semi works
unlock glitch city in pokemon r/b/y by beating elite four a 100 times without saving - doens't work all it did was fuck up the hall of fame(geocities was chock full of fake shit tips but this one was a friend)
removing the batteries from your gameboy will extend its life. not sure about this because these fuckers ended getting """"""""""LOST""""""""
some of the gaming magazine did a april fools joke secret for ff7 and i fell for one of them as a kid
one of vita in the 1000 model expansion port was suppose to be a tv output - never happened and was scraped but keep falling for these modding scene promises

I remember "that kid" desperately trying to convince me that Poliwhirl could evolve into a green frog pokémon called Politoad if you made it hold a rock and then traded it. What a retard, everyone knows Poliwhirl evolves into Poliwrath with a water stone. He was seething that I didn't believe him.

youtube.com/watch?v=zX2smM87r14

Attached: nintendo-on-625x352.png (625x352, 122K)

I'm not sure if I "fell for it", kinda just wanted to test it out, but I investigated the truck next to SS Anne to see if you could interact with it at all. Came back to the ship late game with all HMs to try them out.

That bannerlord will be released.

Sonic and Tails in melee

>Pic related.
But that's literally legit you mongoloid.
Better still if you have a headlight polishing kit around you can achieve the same result but even better.

Those were special times. I also remember the pokegods shit

and this fucking thing too, then there was Mewton which the schoolyard would say was the armored Mewtwo from the movie.

Did you ever get to 999?

This actually worked

That works due to the oils which can be found in better thing like headlight buffing solution.
It’s not perfect but it works

Why?

That actually worked for my GTA:VC PS2 disc, wouldn't load the mission where you had to beat that guy in a race so he'd help you in the bank heist

Attached: 1558474380453.png (1280x720, 757K)

of course not - it was both dull and impossible.
Once I got to 100-something and never bothered with the game again (couldn't be arsed to start over)

Here's a related skit for no reason
youtu.be/hX3YS1VEHi0

Attached: 1480268871118.gif (299x299, 596K)

you've got mail

The scratches that caused a game to skip or not run was usually do to the laser eye unable to read past the damage. The oils in that would both fill and clear up the scratch leaving you with a playable disc.
This couldn’t fix deep scratches you could feel with your fingernail, everything has limits

You clearly have no idea how CDs work OR how abrasives work you plebian

>tfw i did fix CDs with toothpaste
What never worked was to fix a clicking HDD by freezing it

But OP that isn't a rumor. Tooth Paste contains very light abrasives that can polish stuff. But chances are if your CD wasn't reading or skipping, it was deep scratches. In which you were fucked.
>pushing the truck
>get traded a pokemon with cut
>able to skip the SS Anne
>later on when you get surf you can surf past the ticket guard
>felt like it was legit after so much build up
>cant move the truck with strength

Wasn't a leaked sprite. It was just from G/S which came out sooner in Japan
>you'll never play a JPN rom of Silver early
>got stuck at the tree you had to water
>no guides, know 0 moon

Attached: Pokemon-Hoax-Mew-Truck.jpg (480x288, 62K)

Looking for Mew under the truck and Celebi around the weird tree thing

Why the fuck would you ever do that. That'd just create a moisture magnet.

The logic behind that was that all the parts would shrink in the cold, and then expand upon returning to room temperature. So that the some moving part might move back or self adjust so that it'd work again.

Like wrapping your 360 in a Towel to try and get it hot enough to reflow the solder.

Attached: 1558990881501.jpg (960x692, 80K)

Then you can't say your friend was wrong for certain, can you?

Attached: little_bill.png (606x517, 320K)

This actually works but brass polish and tissue works way better. In the British isles its sold under the brand name brasso.

Yeah, but I forgot the part of freezing it in a sealed container

>that one kid in middle school that told a detailed story about him and his friend group getting to round 70 on Kino Der Toten and having a giant satan boss spawn, amd he shot him in the dick with the dragon's breath from campaign
What a fucking faggot.

You're just mad because you never made it to round 70, nerd

Attached: marc.jpg (493x382, 14K)

i feel like this gif is a more effective trap than that phone call bait and switch gif

Everybody I knew in middle school was shit at zombies. Getting to round 16 was a breakthrough back then.

>once you get to round 99 so many zombies spawn that it crashes your game and doesn't record your number!

Attached: 1419165048908.gif (154x273, 1.97M)

the first and last time i listen to Yea Forums
the hype for this was unreal

Attached: 220px-BRINK_(game_box_art).jpg (220x277, 21K)

Why did the wolf want to fuck the rabbit so hard?

Was that the site with the orange or green text on the black background?

Attached: 569c25f3c783d_medium.jpg (745x670, 186K)

Younhg female VA had something to do with that, probably

Why did this even get hype in the first place?
>It's like a shooter, but uh, there's parkour bro

Same as Titanfall did

>It's like a shooter, but uh, there's mecha bro

it's not a rumor I did it many times and it works.

Holy fuck I have a story.
>ps2 breaks
>we had a ps3 so my stepdad and i decide whether we want to buy another ps2, or sell our ps2 games for a new ps3 game
>decide to take our like 2 dozen ps2 games to gamestop to trade in
>we're looking at different stuff, he only played casually and i hadnt been into vidya for long so we really didnt know what we wanted to use the credit on
>it was enough to buy a full priced ps3 game
>gamestop employee convinces us to buy Brink because we said we like CoD
>"it has lots of guns and parkour and customizable masks its so cool" we think
>trade our ps2 games in for brink
>get home
>archaeic online system didnt even have lobbies, you had to start a match yourself and have people join on you
>guns are weak, everyones a bullet sponge
>not that much customization
>huge letdown overall
Fuck Gamestop

Wow actual feels on Yea Forums who would have thought. This for real made me feel bad.

This actually is a thing though.

Titanfall was actually good, though

based wagie gettin dat money money

That shit fucking worked for my Metal Arms GameCube game so fuck you

It's still a boy tho.

>be me
>be seven
>cousin tells me I can hop the fence to witchyworld
>spend literally days trying to do this on-and-off because I couldn’t get enough jiggies normally
When I finally got enough jiffies to enter the level, I think that was the most excited I’ve ever been for anything. I spent WEEKS literally daydreaming about the level. Nowadays you could just google it but, man, those were the times.

Attached: A76BEF51-F32A-4DC1-A675-642468A3BB24.jpg (1192x670, 187K)

Dear lord that's one of the stupidest deals I've ever heard.

Not as bad as the parents selling away their son's SNES collection to some collector-vulture for 40 bucks while he was away at college.
Note even fiddy. 40.

>trying infinity voodoo tricks to encounter darkrai without a WiFi connection

I thought if you went to the phantom forest and used the recovery spring 10 times it would bring him back. At the time I thought it was believable because there's such a short window between his death and the world of ruin (which loses the phantom forest) that I thought it would be perfect for a secret.

How the hell do people do those zigzags on an actual phone?

Same but with kh2

Christ, that is bad

Didn't you know that ps3 was backwards compatible with ps2?

Attached: real life.jpg (500x351, 47K)

Various fake ways to get Stop 'N' Swop working in Banjo Kazooie/Tooie. My kid mind couldn't comprehend the idea that the devs would put something like that in the game but have it be non-functional. I probably spent hours trying all kinds of ridiculous shit I looked up online, like one method where you had to transform into the bee in click-clock wood and then land on "the 8th branch" in the hub area between seasons.

zoomer?
phones used to have buttons

Bet you feel stupid right now

Attached: AD83E4E2-35D3-4121-95FC-DCA6B7C82155.png (1640x800, 21K)

Marmalady in Kirby Air Ride. I ran that timer in free run to the max time which I think was 99 hours 99 seconds and fuck all happened.

I fixed a mario sunshine disk this way, kept freezing at the post-final boss cutscene, but some dusting spray fixed it right up.

Excalibur 2 in final fantasy 9

they stopped making backwards compatible PS3s years before brink came out, presumably theirs wasn't

>Flipping your ps1 upside down - semi works
It depended on the model but for the early ones it legit did work.

user that's real, it's just in no way worth it.
Unless you mean a different way to obtain it.

>fixed my Simpsons Wrestling disc with toothpaste and wipe method cuz I was a tech savey internet cool kid.
>everyone's impressed when the scratched to shit disc actually loads
>retarded older brother tries the same with another game
>Just slops half the tube on the disc and sticks it in the ps1
>breaks ps1
>My fault apparently cuz I did it first
>????

Attached: 1545658092698s.jpg (125x121, 2K)

>having mongloid siblings
ur fault for giving a sub human a way to fuck something up

Man, I remember that rumor if you left the R/B games on for 100 hours the SS. Anne would come back.

>MFW I wasted a bunch of batteries by leaving my Gameboy on while I went to school
>MFW the SS. Anne did not come back when I finally reached those 100 hours

Attached: Pokemon_Quillme.png (225x259, 142K)

>not getting rechargable batteries or an AC adapter

I remember my Gameboy battery light being dim going into the Elite 4 and it dying during the fight with Blue.

Attached: gameboy-hdd.jpg (640x266, 55K)

Why did the Nintendium mines dry up?

This reminds me of another story.
>cousin and I really want to play smash bros brawl on wii
>nostalgic cus we used to play the story together
>have old copy thats scratched from me not treating it well
>didnt work
>even tried OP toothpaste trick
>see thing online saying you have to clean the disc reading lens
>there are kits that nintendo sells that do this
>its a plastic disc with a cloth part that you apply cleaning solution to and it cleans disc
>kid and dont have money so i figure i can make one myself that does the same thing
>take old dvd and scotch tape a piece of napkin onto it
>put some rubbing alcohol on napkin piece
>pop it in
>take it out
>tape is partially off and napkin is ripped up
>my wii didnt read discs any more because napkin pieces and rubbing alcohol got stuck in there
>buy used wii and brawl once i get birthday money or whatever
Not my best moment

>he didn't put it in the freezer

Attached: 1528701893557.jpg (750x571, 148K)

it literally actually works

Sometime between the original Gamecube model and the revision that removed the digital video out.

>That one guy in class who is talking his ass off about videogame features.
I fell for it.

Doesn't it actually fucks it up more?

There was a secret code to make your fighter nude in MK3

we had a different one - a secret code to perform sexality.
Both rumors come from an MK rip-off where you can actually make defeated enemy lose their clothes

Nintendo Direct in April 2019

Tattoo Assassins
youtube.com/watch?v=9k93hsNaqhQ

Attached: f8Ke7xy.png (630x470, 404K)

It's hardly a "rumour", every video gaming magazine encouraged massive degrees of consolefaggotry and it was just seen as the done thing. I remember still having this feeling of crazy "loyalty" right up until I was 13-14 in the early 00s, then just suddenly having an epiphany about how daft and unexamined this was.

That's why I understand that it's always the lethal combination of 1) disingenuous baiters and deliberate shitstirrer faggots, AND 2) actual babbies and babby-minded nonbabbies, that leads to the console warring seen here and elsewhere. It's never either one on their own, there MUST be both present for the critical reaction to occur.

Why would a chad feel the need to silence an opinion?

Tried twice, 50/50 chance that it works.

It seems to fluctuate, as I've had several cracking conversations on actual topics just this week and some true greats this month, yet today and yesterday it's been pure garbage.

Some trends obviously bring in tidal waves of shit, like Smash Bros and E3. Hypekiddies and marketers = explosive. Then again, sometimes having buckets of containment threads for all the smashfagging can help the other topics remain pure. Sometimes it's just the time of the year , week and day when twats are mostly likely to aggregate.

It's all sort of the price to be paid for the freedom from bullshit manipulations and feedback loops like in reddit, facebook and twitter, or outright moderator political bias or spying.

So you, too, believe in the battery elves

toothpaste is a weak polishing compound.

But also contains literal abrasives intentionally designed to scrape soft shit - soft shit like plastics.

I once bought a game because a pathological liar friend of mine told me about things it was supposed to have.
It didn't have any of that.

>distressingly poor
Kek. The only thing I've ever seen with the BBC Comedy sting besides Drillbithead by David Firth, all those years ago.

Delet this

I don't know the science but it worked for me

what game

Saga
It was a shitty RTS that doesn't even get mentioned in "games only you played" threads.

If you used the Hover Boots and rolled at the right time, you could meet the King of Hyrule behind Ganondorf's Castle in Ocarina of Time.

Attached: ss-122.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

To clarify: if you went left or right of the main entrance to Ganondorf's Castle, you could effectively use the Hover Boots to get behind the castle.

Yeah I fucked up my gears of war in 2007 hardcore because of this.

He said why, not when ya dinkus

retards try hard to sell me on these fables but i always brush it off, i do me
it is almost like they got ripped off and want to feel better about themselves by making another victim

Is there a greentext or something about this? I want to rage