Fable 4 leaks

First/Third Person

In Depth character creator

Completely Open

No guns

Can ignore main quest and never become a hero

Players can build towns, ties into main quest heavily if you get the bad ending and fail

Multiplayer

Unreal Engine

Albion and Aurora are gone. "Lands reduced to fables." The Spire was rebuilt and used by a mad king to wish that an asteroid would strike the planet. He also wished it would happen again in the far future. Eons later and everything is new (medieval themed, new continents) and you have to stop the destruction of the planet again. Theresa and a Heroes Guild are preserved on another planet via a demon door. Time Travel heavily involved in play. Jack of Blades returns.

Attached: 1-110.jpg (1074x682, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zbHrQfMhK94
youtube.com/watch?v=FG926PG740s
amazon.com/Fable-3-Pc/dp/B00AR03O8I?th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But can I plant an acorn and watch it grow in real time?

>Completely Open
Into the trash it goes. Open world games are cancer.

>Unreal Engine
That only means one thing, Epic exclusivity for 1 year.

>First/Third Person
Another skyrim game

Can I play as Milo?

Yep. Make an experience for me. When will this “choose your own adventure” meme end

>Reddit """""leaks"""""
lol

Seems legit

Attached: 1527286270545.png (227x414, 220K)

>can ignore the main quest and never become a hero
So your saying by choosing not to advance the story you won’t advance the story?

Attached: 856388A2-4719-44F0-944A-E4191C319DCD.gif (487x560, 898K)

You can choose not to do the quest that makes you into a superman, so you'll get to enjoy not being able to access 90% of the game.

>No guns
Boo

Character morphing?

>Completely Open
>No guns
>Players can build towns
>Unreal Engine
Awful lot of negatives you got there.

Who's making it we know Molyneux ain't involved

>No guns
boring

No Molyneux, no game.
No Lionhead, no game.

One of the many Microsoft studios that specialize in making excellent RPGs.

>First/Third Person
>Unreal Engine
>Time Travel heavily involved in play. Jack of Blades returns.

Sounds like more generic shit.

>western """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""games""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Get that shit the FUCK off of Yea Forums

Attached: 1529310660975.jpg (480x465, 19K)

It's not open as in "open world". It's completely open to all genders and races. Enjoy your trans NPCs trying to rape your sword.

Fable is a shit series
It's strengths aren't the strongest but its weaknesses are the weakest

>Completely open
What the fuck ? They scared to use Open World ? Completely Open even sounds atrocious

>open world
>can build towns
I hate both of these

Attached: 8fe727709ec5592337834772765b6653b2e6c518d95519c16939ff129ab64604.jpg (1035x1027, 261K)

what did he mean by this

I always hated how Fable handled the good and evil thing. The abysmal humor didn't help much.

The things it does well are done even better by other games, but the things it does badly are absolutely shit

This board is miserable

>le cheeky brit humor
disgusting fucking bongs

>Albion and Aurora are gone. "Lands reduced to fables." The Spire was rebuilt and used by a mad king to wish that an asteroid would strike the planet. He also wished it would happen again in the far future. Eons later and everything is new (medieval themed, new continents) and you have to stop the destruction of the planet again. Theresa and a Heroes Guild are preserved on another planet via a demon door. Time Travel heavily involved in play. Jack of Blades returns.

I know you are a LARP'ing faggot, but if Microsoft decides to do something like this, they can fuck right off as it will only be a Fable game in name. All I fucking wanted was a continuation of the setting and characters from Fable 1 and Moleneux kept messing with it, and now they want to do away with all of it? Fucking hell man.

Attached: jolly old smugness.gif (500x209, 1.8M)

>No guns

gay

>wanting more generic medieval shit
fable 2 is the best setting

Oh boy, I can't wait to get people to love and marry me by farting next to them for a few minutes.

Oh boy here we go again

Attached: 1559031004236.png (976x658, 272K)

>It's Fallout 4 with sword but instead of being directed by top rated director Todd Howard, it's a shitshow from Peter Molyneux
Yikes!

The shops are now open

The only thing I sorta liked in Fable was the experience and leveling system. And buying buildings to make more money to buy buildings with was fun for a while.

Fable peaked with Lost Chapters. New one is going to be shit and they'll probably end up making it insanely generic in trying not to let it be held down by Fable's traditional weaknesses.

Lmao, Fable 1 was the most generic of them all.

Weeb

Imagine being Xbox only and getting nothing for an entire generation then they give you this shit, holy shit I feel sorry for them.

not really, those are two separate things.

Sounds cool to me

>No guns

the biggest asset of fable was that the fantasy world developed with realistic speed. No 10000 years of sword and shield bullshit. I also liked the steampunk feel of it all and sword+flintlock is the most stylish combo ever...

damn, i'm really not hyped for desaturated TES 1.2

Basically Fable 2 minus the guns
Without Molyneux snake selling it I wonder how it would fare

Better, series went to shit as soon as it turned into industrial garbage.

It was shit since the first game mate, Molyneux sweet talked the journos into believing it was something big

True but he's gone so this will most likely be better without him or Lionhead.

God i hate games that let you ignore the main story entirely
Whats the fucking point the ?

It took you this long to figure that out?

Dont get me wrong, Fable as an idea is good, it has potential. But every game was poorly executed, the first one is the less shitty and its average at best.
They cant run on franchise name alone here

Seeing how they have the biggest shit taste when it comes to Metroid and Halo should have told you this. They let reddit and resetera shit up the place.

To tell you the truth, the series needed a rework from the ground up, at least it finally gives Xbox its Breath of the Wild, I'll buy that and this.

>Unreal Engine
>That only means one thing, Epic exclusivity for 1 year.
Gears 5 also uses UE4 and Microsoft said Gears 5 is coming to Steam, not Epic Store.

>"""""leaks"""""
It leaked alongside a gameplay Video that keeps getting deleted by Microsoft. It's real.

>Can ignore main quest
just how fucking retarded are you, my man? Name one on single game where you can't "ignore" the main quest.

>Who's making it
Playground Games.

super paper mario
you get a game over if you do though

>first/third Person
>HURR GENERIC SHIT
are you retarded?

Can someone post the video before Microsoft brings the ninjas?

Thanks for the info. So lets see.

>First/Third Person
So there will only be second person view. Very interesting..

>In Depth character creator
So you only play one character

>Completely Open
A linear Fable? Why not.. I was hoping for open world though.

>No guns
Only guns huhj. Futuristic Fable?

>Can ignore main quest and never become a hero
So you can't ignore the main quest and you are always the hero.

>Players can build towns, ties into main quest heavily if you get the bad ending and fail
Still no city building.

>Multiplayer
Single player only, allright.

>Unreal Engine
A new engine? Very cool

Where the gameplay leak?

Here you
>*spreads cheeks*
>*BRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPspspprpsprppp*
Hope you will enjoy Fable 4!

>Can ignore main quest and never become a hero
nice

Reply to me again in that tone and I will banned yo asshole

can you actually do this

>time travel
>muh inclusiveness
That's a yikes from me dawg

>*spreads cheeks*
>*BRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPspspprpsprppp*

Yes.

Why in the fuck would I want any of that?

Take out the guns and the silliness and the molyneux gameplay gimmicks and it’s just some other studio’s take on an Elder Scrolls game. That’s the worst thing ever.

No. You can burp next to them (doesn’t alter their standing), you can fart in their face (makes them hate you and lowers standing), and you can whistle and dance next to them for a few minutes to get them to marry you (since those raise standing and make them love you).

You can face-fart your way into terrified townspeople giving you gifts when you arrive sk you’ll leave them alone, But you can’t fart your way into a marriage.

This is a universal fact. The only reason I didn't sell of my Xbox when I got my PC was because of Fable II. I sold all the other games, but kept that. It was the first game I played on my Xbox aswell, and didn't touch any other game between Christmas and New Years.

oh boy another """leak""" thread where OP just posts a fucking list of shit and puts no effort into making it seem legitimate

In Fable 1, yes. Not so in Fable 2, possibly 3. Farting is in the fun category, and does make most people like you more.

Considering a video accompanied this leak yesterday and all the streamable mirrors were getting taken down, its probably true.

There was a Video of the Environments and characters talking to eachother but Microsoft deleted it.

People gave Fable 3, but name ONE game that let's me impregnate my bro on xbox live and let's us have a baby together? (no homo of course, was a fun joke between us)

*gave Fable 3 so much shit

Stardew Valley is the only one I can think of.

>braindead Yea Forums contrarians force themselves to like press X to watch a cutscene games over the open ended non-linear ones because there's like two bad open world games
you niggers really are all in your teens, aren't you

Attached: 1550862573767.png (500x357, 185K)

>braindead anime poster forces himself to like vast swaths of nothingness over a purposeful and focused design because of movie games

So is this the Fable where Molymeme finally fulfills his fucking promises?

Attached: 1527126967608.png (1116x595, 792K)

molyneux not involved

Molyneux hasn't been involved properly after Fable 2.
What is the fucker even doing now?

Curiosity and Godus, and it was a colossal failure. Apparently his next game, released in 2017, was an adventure game that wasn't that bad.

Sounds... good

Source? Videos?

this

>No guns
Hope there are crossbows at least.

>xboners now resort to wishful thinking

>girl on the cover

I will buy it

Attached: 1518039672672.png (294x265, 131K)

>animeposter makes a strawman
Nobody fucking mentioned movie games. Open world tropes have ruined many games, doesn't make me optimistic for this one either.

>A man impregnates a man
>Not gay tho

I hate this century.

>because there's like two bad open world games
Imagine actually believing this.

Attached: 1465439036988.jpg (189x292, 9K)

>braindead Yea Forums contrarians
you mean sonygroes

Literally sounds like an attempt to ripoff Skyrim
>you can ignore the main quest and just side quests and explore
>has first person mode now
>you can build settlements
>character creation

Like this literally sounds like "Skyrim but in Fable universe but also everything is different".

Is Todd behind this? Has he found another way to re-release Skyrim? IS THIS A TRAP TODD HOWARD YOU FUCK?

leaks my ass, this is literally copied from another post I saw the other day that was a wishlist

This is true, I liked the guns and more victorian setting better than generic medieval fantasy D&D Europe the revenge.

All fable games have been more or less "OPEN" tho.

Attached: Capy5.jpg (605x453, 105K)

So in other words, another perfect game?

Attached: Haha.jpg (653x656, 48K)

I just want fable 1 or 2 again, don't turn fable into every other open world RPG ever...

Have you ever played a fucking Fable game before? They were all pretty open
The 1st person thing is what worries me, because that means tailoring the combat to that perspective, and I can't see 1st person melee combat working in a game intended for a controller

>Microsoft announces that they are proud to tell everyone that they have contracted Todd Howard to lead game development for Fable 4
>Game comes out and the cover title is Fable 4: Skyrim
>Oh no
>When you start the game you're a prisoner in a wagon
>"Oh, you're finally awake"
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

The R places coming here didn't help, but the most cancerous aspects of Yea Forums are pretty much exclusive to it

>you can’t fart your way into a marriage
I'm sick of bad vidya limiting what I can do

Huh ... I like town building as a concept, not sure how well they'll do it tho. As for open world from an artsy aspect and I like games with big worlds. But I also like games that focus on designing the level to compliment the gameplay more. Combining the two would be great, but I'm not sure it would be easy.

Attached: 63.jpg (489x629, 139K)

This. Hub worlds or we riot

This is your brain on onions

Fable 1 was an interesting combination of (somewhat) open world and focused level design

But fable 1 felt pretty open, Sure it was a series of levels glued together, but it's still pretty open. Maybe it will be more of the same. Or are games like that called something else? Open linear, maybe?

Attached: Cat (37).jpg (600x600, 45K)

>no guns and steam
Thank god

no it's just linear with optional side-quests
the side-quests are non-essential but go to new areas that make the game kind of non-linear in progression, but the story always ends the same
which is fine in my opinion

B-But it's been so long since I played an RPG with guns instead of one with swords, bows, magic. Still some time to wait for outer rim or what ever that obsidian game is called and cyberpunk, too. I wanna play a fun rpg with guns bros!

Attached: Mad.jpg (268x188, 13K)

You wouldn't be able to sound any more rebbit even if you tried. Embarrassing.

Does it? I thought it had multiple ends. Couldn't you pick an evil end?

>Completely Open
>Multiplayer
>Unreal Engine

It's over...

no you're right, but your choices up to that point don't change the outcome is what I meant

Fable 2 had multiplayer

No, but you can play as Ricardo Milos

Attached: jezz.png (499x509, 56K)

Fable has gotten progressively worse with every game.

2>1>3

True, also I'm playing TLC at the moment after having played original Fable almost 15years ago and it's really not as good as I remember. I'm still having great fun with it, but everything about it feels underwhelming.
Fable 2 was one of my biggest disappoitments in video games (I didn't know any of the promises Molyneux made before 1 came out so I was spared with that one), didn't even have the courage to try 3. Hope this one will hold up since I love the Fable universe (also no guns and more medieval setting which I very much prefer).

Ah ... I prefer the more complex stuff, personally, where you shape the story with some of your choice, but I can deal with more linear stories too.

Except it peaked at 2

Attached: fable_2_conceptart_4BBVw.jpg (782x600, 131K)

marry, fuck, kill, I'd say

I feel that linear-stories have more structure and are written generally better, but that doesn't mean I disregard games with non-linear story-telling
I enjoy New Vegas, which has multiple outcomes that are determined by your actions
I just find that linear story-telling is more structured and well-formed but that's just my opinion

>marrying a prozzy

Attached: 1536527910447.jpg (334x367, 9K)

and I've repeated myself, silly me

>3
>Try to save the kingdom and as many people as possible by making tough decisions.
>Brother throws him in the dungeon and throws parties until the darkness comes.
>Some how, he still wins.
What were they trying to tell us here? Better to risk everyone's life by doing the nice thing, than do some things that might make life a bit harder on citizens in order to ensure survival?

I just want active Hero Guild and be part of it. Being the only one hero is depressing.

Does this mean I can finally romance main characters and/or hot muscular guys like the guards?

holy shit that sounds retarded, so when can i play it?

>loved Fable 1 TLC
>couldn't play Fable 2 cuz mustard
>finally play Fable 3
>it's garbage and didn't even finish it
Fucking sucked returning to the series after so many years and leaving with such a bad taste in my mouth.
Hope Fable 4 is fun.

>Did all "good" choices
>Never put any money in the pot but got enough to pay for good ending by a mile
>Message says121 days left before darkness
>Actually is next part
>Get bad ending
Goddamnit

not only that, but you can become rich as fuck by just buying every building and raising the rent to max
you may be a corrupt bastard for a while but being "good" is super easy especially when you can just throw your own pocket money at every problem

can you play as his arch enemy the tik tok girl?

Attached: 20190119_150449.gif (382x678, 2.55M)

>Molyneux
Why on Earth would you want that pompous habitual liar back?

thought they were a tag team

In Fable 3 Farting as an action is only available as an in-face attack. You can burp really long but it’s in the yellow category, it doesn’t actually alter the hero/villain slider (kids will laugh and clap though)

No. But you can become a tik tok girl in real life.
Now, take your pills, cutie.

Attached: yCG7t1R.gif (225x288, 522K)

you're not fooling anyone peter

In Fable 3, for what I assume were purely political point-proving reasons, you actually got richer reducing the rents to near-zero and dropping all shop prices to their minimum just because the transaction counts would increase.

My Fable 3 story involved me buying every property and shop, reducing the rents and prices to nothing to usher in an age of goodwill, then when I was king, pissing away a fortune on every public works project and prior commitment while lowering taxes at every opportunity, and then using a modest fraction of my income from being a gentle and beloved monopolist to pay off all the kingdom’s debts.

Fable 2 for PC when

>completely open
>everything about the world is gone
>no guns (fuck you, i liked them)

Sounds like shit. Also why would I believe a single thing about this game before release considering Pete's track record?

Post the video, faggot.

Based Lainposter

Attached: 1557647595171.jpg (300x300, 59K)

Can't they just port Fable 2 to hardware that can actually handled it

I still remember the first time coming back from the spire to see my grown up daughteru in that unique scene only for the game to lag like crazy and the audio to freak out and stop playing the wife's voice clip midway

the fuck
taxes don't work that way unless the people are donating themselves right?

Is molyneux involved?

Guys we want to reboot so how about:
>Albion and Aurora are gone. "Lands reduced to fables."
Pretty good
>No wait. The Spire was rebuilt and used by a mad king to wish that an asteroid would strike the planet.
Ok, that's a bit much stick with the previous reboot explanation.
>Eons later and everything is new
Yeah time is a good enough reason.
>Wait, wait, wait, there's another planet preserved by a demon door
Now you've gone off the rails again.
>It's time travel! That's the reason.
Are you just making this up as you go?

Fable 2 still needs a pc port

How the fuck does nobody have a copy of the video?

Eh, there's an argument for it, though I think the Fable 3 political point was more about the economy than about taxes. It's certainly true that encouraging money to change hands is good for generating tax revenues, but at the end of the day most governments don't actually have to make enough tax money to cover their expenses.

If Fable 3 were real life, I wouldn't have to dip into my personal stores of Literal Mountains Of Gold (that I climbed to access a treasure chest) to pay off the kingdom's debts, because there would be no real reason to pay off the kingdom's debts. If Fable 3 were real life, I could operate my kingdom at a 16 trillion dollar national debt with an annual budget deficit in the hundreds of billions and nothing bad would happen to me at all.

Of course, if Fable 3 were real life, I also couldn't just reduce rents and prices on goods to near-zero and bask in the increased revenue because my margins would erode to nothing. Fable 3 doesn't have any operating costs for its businesses. If the business makes no money, it generates $0, it doesn't piss away money on shrink and labor and CAM and utilities. So, you know, it's not a kingdom building simulator.

Do you have any reading comprehension at all? This is embarrassing.

>The spire was rebuilt and used to end the world, because of this Albion and Aurora are 'reduced to fables' as they are now just in stories (I'm guessing like Atlantis in pop culture).
>This new clean slate of a world has lasted for eons by the time of the game.
>Behind one of the Demon Doors exists a fragment of the world before the meteor (Demon Doors have been shown to have different worlds behind them already).
>On a completely unrelated note, time travel will be plot relevant.

If Fable were real life the King's wealth would be based on the treasury they didn't have fractional reserve banking to bullshit the numbers back then.

Of course they fucking did. Fractional Reserve Banking is literally the function of a bank. Back then what they didn't have was the FDIC, meaning if everyone tried to withdraw their money at once it would be gone and the bank would go tits up. But the whole point of a bank is to lend out other people's money. That's what a bank does. It's not a wallet in the shape of a building.

>time travel
How much do you want to bet your character is Archon?

>people are taxed less
>ergo they have more money
>ergo they spend more money
>increasing the amount of taxes going to the state

>Time travel shit
>jack of blades again
>theresea and heroes guild on another planet
>no guns
dropped

Attached: 1559075105526.jpg (225x225, 12K)

I am very bad at economics

Yeah but that presumes that there's a positively curved correlation between having more money and spending more money and that's bullshit. It's not like if you have $10 you spend 1, but if you have $11 you spend $9. In fact it's the opposite, every marginal dollar added to what you have is less likely to be spent than the one before it because its relevant purchasing power is decreased. There's a sweet spot where you shift from "what I have to save for my own security" into having disposable income which does increase spending power, but if you just taxed everyone 0.01% you wouldn't increase your revenues.

On the other hand, tax rates literally don't have shit to do with balancing a budget and are purely political. Nobody in Congress thinks that a specific tax rate is ideal because it maximizes revenues flowing into the IRS.

>back then
Back when, back in history when fable 3 happened?
What the fuck are you on about
And yes, you do see the generation of things like national debt and reserve banks evolved from hundreds and hundreds of years ago

Not like that would work
That's just the in game logic im guessing, that other user summed it up well

>people dropping Fable 4 for not having guns
Zoomers infecting this industry faster than the Measles in colonial America. Can't even have RPGs without guns now, because rooty tooty point and shooty is an absolute must.

Attached: 1559153467723.jpg (960x960, 86K)

Fuck you. Fable 2 and its early firearms was a better aesthetic than TLC.

Is that Linus?

because guns are cool, and people don't like scientific regression
I would be more upset if they didn't remove melee combat to be quite honest with you my familia

My issue is that 16th-19th century settings are GOAT

What made Fable unique was that it was set in a sort of becoming-Victorian world with emerging technology, which is a setting that hasn't been done to death by every single fantasy RPG that ever was or will be made.

Taking that shit away and reducing it to forests and goblins and swords and bows robs it of one of the things that made it stand out from the ocean of other titles in the genre, you fucking dunce. Guns in Fable were just long-range swords anyway, you never point-and-shooty at anything, just mash the gun button.

Because that pompous havitual liar made 2 great games and is the only one who can make Fable right

>Players can build towns, ties into main quest heavily if you get the bad ending and fail
>Multiplayer

Dropped

>theresa

she barely did anything for 3 games but now she's still around 'aeons' later, nice

Without the Fable brand these games as stand alone games are absolute trite. The combat is worse than Ass Cree even, you just smash attack and eat hits while blowing through waves of enemies while taking a sliver of damage, and as far as interaction with the world goes I really really hope they do more than what basically amounted to just having emotes in the singleplayer game this time around.

I actually liked Fable 1 but the games need to improve on everything, to the point where they may aswell be different games altogether.

Without its psudo renaissance shit fable is probably one of the blandest fantasy settings out there in vidya.
Making it generic medieval shit again strips it of anything unique at all.

What does black and white have to do with fable?

She was pretty important in 2. She found every Hero and trained you as a child.

Fable is one of those games that people love for the story, which you're not supposed to like on Yea Forums but occasionally people on Yea Forums get caught liking anyway.

I don't remember a single thing about the core gameplay in Fable 3, for instance, other than that the pause screen was an actual room you walked around. I don't even remember which buttons did what. I remember you had to hunt gnomes, but I couldn't tell you a single location where one is, because none was clever or memorable the way many collectathons are.

But I can quote at length huge stretches of the game because I loved the way it was written.

Fable 2 I played even earlier so I might be forgiven for not remembering the gameplay as well, though I do remember teleporting behind people with a time stop spell and chopping them up with gold cleavers. But again, most of what stuck in my memory are the story beats and the things people said.

Honestly, the bitch needs to go. She was fine in 1 and 2, but that should have been the end of it. Make a new mentor character already, for fuck's sake.

Attached: 1558996795739.jpg (225x225, 9K)

TRY TO GET YOUR COMBAT MULTIPLIER EVEN HIGHER.

I like hte world and story myself, thats why I want good gameplay to match it. Its actually rather sad to me that the aesthetics tone and narrative are in such bad games, I like everything but the actual gameplay. I even played through Fable 1 without levelling up, just to see if I could, its actually way more fun when you have to block and dodge attacks, its odd that those functions are tin the game when you never actually use them if you are playing it as intended.

even CYOA books were linear as fuck back in the day

Was she really in 3? I played it but I don't remember her being in there. I recall that fat guy who said balls all the time being the mentor.

yeah you're right actually, forgot all about it

yeah and she's also in LEGENDS. remember fable LEGENDS, guys?

for the longest time i actually wanted the hero of 2's sister to show back up again but whatever i guess

Attached: fable_scythe_human_concept_by_darkriku90-d592blo.jpg (500x547, 146K)

That's not a Fable problem, that's an Every Action RPG Ever Made problem. You can't combine systems based on actual player skill with systems based on scaling numbers that simulate growing skill. Leveling up, as a mechanic, exists to stand in for a character improving their skill in battle through experience in games where you can't actually get better at the battle mechanics. When attacking an enemy is done from a menu and dodging an attack is a dice roll, stats help stand in for "your warrior is more capable now than when he started".

In games where you, the player, strike and dodge, you don't need a stand-in, because 4 hours into the game you are actually better at doing these things than when you started. All the game needs to do is increase the difficulty. But then you've stopped developing an RPG and started developing an action game and people will bitch because they like to watch numbers go up, and that's what defines an RPG now, not the role you play or the story it tells.

>that pistol you get from the Westcliff shooting range
>spamming rounds into Balverine heads
>Temple of Shadows in Rookridge
>Wraithmarsh
>Blunderbusses
>Bowerstone not a complete industrial shithole yet
Absolutely kino setting

Attached: 1527878708881.jpg (666x666, 82K)

The problem lies more in games that force themselfes to be open world just for the sake of being one.

Best example would be Ghost Recon: Wildlands. The series always was a linear storyline shooter up to that game where they did open world simply because everybody else was doing so.

Reaver The Sadistic Capitalist was a better villain than anything in 2 though, even if Bowerstone being a victorian-sewer-london was less fun.

She appears in that Road to Rule thing and is the reason behind Logan's bullshittery cuz she deliberately left important info out when she told him about The Crawler. She's also in Legends, Heroes (if you have Legends), and I think one of the books. Point is, she overstayed her welcome a long time ago.

This
explaining the difference between character and player skill to utter brainlets on Yea Forums is truly torment

Attached: 32mco2.jpg (524x499, 45K)

17/18th century pre industrialization a best

Attached: pike faggot pls fuck off.jpg (474x338, 40K)

Is Fable 3 worth a pirate?
I remember playing Lost Chapters ages ago and enjoyed it.

Why do RPGs NEED to have bad gameplay. Shit, if it played like Dragons Dogma Id be more than happy, if youre going to do button mash combat at least make it feel good, not just have the character stand rooted to the ground swinging their weapon.

Yes. Mechanically it's inferior to Fable 2 but it has so many great moments, it's worth playing through once.

I would pay money for an entire game that was built out of just this fucking quest:
youtube.com/watch?v=zbHrQfMhK94

Surely there's an equilibrium point for this sort of thing, or a levelling-off point, right?

quantity over quality
don't you have some ubisoft towers to climb?
shoo-shoo

I dont even know if you can pirate it easily anymore, my friend tried a few months back and the PC version has basically been scoured from human memory.

cope.

>I dont even know if you can pirate it easily anymore
Just need to look at the right sites. :)

Attached: f3.png (1323x41, 5K)

Fable 3 combat actually did feel good, the animations were spectacular especially for all the trick-shots and it did a lot with hitstop and slowdown that made things look cool. But "feeling good" only goes so far when the game is mechanically braindead.

Dragon's Dogma is barely an RPG, it's an action game. It hits the other side of the ARPG spectrum, which is "it's an action game, but if you don't do mindless grinding chores halfway through the game your daggers will stop doing damage". It suffers from the same fundamental problem of combining a skill-based game system with simulated-skill-based numbers, it's just that instead of allowing player numbers to steamroll content that would be challenging, it mandates that the player makes numbers go up if they want the game to allow them to stand on even footing with the same goblins they fought earlier (because these are Late Game Goblins).

Neither is particularly ideal, and you can't convince me Dragon's Dogma wouldn't have been vastly improved by the complete and total removal of all of its leveling up mechanics anyway.

holy shit this quest was hilarious
it makes me want to replay Fable 3

Because the numbers in DD are fucking meaningless
Compare playing through BG2 as a base level naked guy with only your fists, and Dark souls as a base level naked guy with only your fists
Character and Player skill are two separate things, most RPGs are reliant on character skill

I'm amazed that no game has ever really done it. I guess the Gundam Breaker games kind of do.

Yeah but it's incredibly shallow. It has a few highlights I guess. It's a shame 2 isn't on PC really

wait really? how so?

I never played them, but my understanding is that they're actually about people playing with Gundam models, so all of the combat arenas are like sidewalks and office buildings, and most of the characters in-game are actual humans with gundam toys interacting.
youtube.com/watch?v=FG926PG740s

Motherfucker I rather-recently bought a Steam Key for it from Amazon, it's still out there. I'm sure you can pirate it.

Why doesn't the Fable series have good mod support? The base game is usually bland as fuck and the story is rarely interesting. Good mod tools would probably make this as appealing as the Elder Scrolls games.

Stop exaggerating about your games, Peter. Fable 1 was ok. But that's it.

what? amazon only has it used.

funfact: you can't even buy it on steam itself anymore.
and it still uses GFWL. jeezus.

Pfffft. I hope it's as good as the first 2 games. Each new game progressively gets worse man :( fable 1 was amazing and the second was good but not as good. 3 was just awful. The real question is, will we still have our dog? The dog was the only character worth saving in the first game desu

Attached: 001.jpg (960x870, 32K)

>dog
>first game

if I can be a tall obese amazon who can give cute little male characters buttjobs in multiplayer on PC I will buy it and everyone who wants it a copy in this thread

The casuals won the war for Yea Forums long ago. There are gatcha game threads that reach bump limit.

You can't buy it on Steam, but you can still get keys for it.
amazon.com/Fable-3-Pc/dp/B00AR03O8I?th=1

Buy the game there and activate it through Steam, it works. You have to do some shenanigans to bypass GFWL but oh well.

Open world games are the definition of casual

>Open world games are the definition of casual
Tell that to Gothic 2.
With the addon of course.

Are you seriously implying that casuals don't currently vastly prefer open world over connected levels/areas like Fable 1?

Not every game needs to be open world. The issue isn't open world games its forcing everything to be open world.

Attached: ATHF_Karl.jpg (2052x1329, 1.11M)

what if i want to coop?

Co-op works but you have to deal with GFWL. GFWL still works, you can't buy games through it anymore but the server-communication code is functional. It's a bitch and three quarters to get it working with Windows 10 if you are unfortunate enough to have that, but the server system does still work.

If you don't want the co-op you can use a fan-made patch to bypass GFWL for Fable 3 though.

Fable is as casual as you can get with an rpg who cares? That's what made the first game so wonderful. Just casual enough to be fun but not so casual it's a walking sim. Fable 3 was a glorified walking sim with magic

Attached: 1535811723177.jpg (534x443, 24K)

Are you still forced to install GFWL? Can you even install that shit anymore?

Where do you start with these?
Pretty sure I played fable 2.

Attached: 2348794356.png (204x348, 7K)

Yes, it still forces an install of GFWL, though you can use a fake xlive dll to bypass it and uninstall GFWL after the fact. Or you can use GFWL, it is still active and it does still work for online shit in Fable 3 (and probably other games as well).

>Fable
Fuck off, I refuse to get hype for anything relating to a Fable game until after its out.
It is the only game series filled with more lies than a Bethesda game.

To be fair most open world games are just bland and boring not out and out bad.

I feel like if you're using the word "boring" to describe an entertainment product, it is by definition "bad". Since it's not successfully performing its intended function of being entertaining.

This user gets it.

Attached: IMG_20181123_194840.jpg (698x942, 95K)

>it's an action game, but if you don't do mindless grinding chores halfway through the game your daggers will stop doing damage"
Except this is literally not true you fucking retard. You've never even played dragons dogma, have you?

Interesting tidbit but the original plan for the Fable franchise was for Fable 4 to be set in a modern day-type setting and Fable 5 to be the final game, set in a dystopian future setting. In the original lore bible that Molyneux and his buddies worked on the final game would involve dystopian future-military corps to "invent" heroes using gene modification. One of these invented heroes was Willam Black, who was friends with a man named Jack. In the story of 5, William meets Scythe, who is himself from the future and the past. This meeting creates a time paradox that hurls William into the past, Jack and two others get caught up in this event and are thrown outside of time and space, driving them mad. The rest of Fable 5 was to be set in the past, letting you play as William to stop the court.

Hence the final game in the original franchise was intended to close the loop, explain where Heroes and Jack of Blades originally came from and let you play as William Black. Won't happen now but that was the crazy-ass finale that was planned for the franchise originally.

Fuck off you retard

Are you gonna look me in the eye and tell me that enemies aren't monstrous damage sponges if you are underleveled? Because I certainly remember it being the case in BBI.

Fable, Fable the Lost Chapters, and Anniversary are the same game, different editions. Anniversary is a remaster of the first, with better graphics.

Fable 2 is X360 only.

Fable 3 is a dumpster fire of a game that shouldn't even be allowed to see the light of day.

Heroes, Pub Games, Fortune, Journey, and Coin Golf are not RPG. They can be ignored.

But can you have sex with hot women?

They also had plans for 5-6 Black and White games, each taking place in a more advanced age.

No age of Archon, no buy

>No Guns
That and the rest of what you're saying sounds shitty enough to be true. Just look at that MK11 leak that happened some time ago.

There weren't many hot women available to marry in the earlier games, either.

>medieval theme
>Fable 3 was industrial revolution themed
How do they keep getting away with this fucking shit?

first post best post

Fable 3 was fun.

I have no interest in this trash unless it goes back to the time period of the first game and it releases a trailer that actually looks good. Fable 2 and 3 were just absolute fucking dogshit. Everyone knows 3 was but a lot of people seem to like 2, I cannot fathom why, it had all of 3's problems on a lesser scale and killed everything good about 1. Also this leak is fake there is no fable 4.

Attached: wtf.jpg (116x125, 2K)

Fable 2 pub games was a better game than fable 2. I had a lot of fun with pub games then when the actual game released I was just disappointed.

As long as the the game has the feel, atmosphere and music from the first game I'm good.

So is there a possibility that it will appear on ps4?

Unlikely. Still a Microsoft first party.

Fuuck I really miss fable

>Playing Fable 3.
>Become King.
>Think, woah, this is cool. Having to make decisions, the treasury vault, etc.
>After 10 minutes, you're done.
>Another 10 minutes and the games over.
Fucking. Peter. Never again.

Fucking this
It makes no sense at all that we haven't seen a port

How do I upvote

But you can make many interesting and game-changing choices while king!

>Fable 2 is X360 only.
It's backwards compatible on the bone

play lost chapters then maybe replay 2 if ya want. everything else is literal garbo. series is the original mass effect in terms of 3rd game utterly shitting the bed

At least Mass Effect 3 is playable.

You must be a masochist to play Fable 3 to the end.

Ugh. Peter. Please. Your most interesting thing was reduced to 10 minutes! I MADE FOOD! I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO LAST! I THOUGHT I'D ALWAYS BE MAKING THESE DECISIONS! PETER! YOU FUCKER!!!!

dont worry 2 and 3 were dogshit and couldnt even slightly capture the soul of 1, if 4 is real it's bound to be even worse because when they made 3 they evidently learned nothing from the mistakes of 2, they doubled down on them and the game probably sold more units so there is no hope.

Not every linear game is a walking simulator, zoomer.

2 was good though

Because they're all the same.

The only Fable game I played was 3. Should I play the former 2? Is it worth getting invested in again?

Are these books worth checking?

Attached: 51vZdZMWfCL._SX260_.jpg (260x338, 20K)

Yeah, Lost Chapters is considered the best one.
Don't ever think about playing the shitty Anniversary version.

This. Only zoomers dislike Molyneux.

Attached: rcBrS527_400x400.jpg (372x372, 17K)

2 is fine. It does some things better than 1.

I can only play open world games because corridor games are so fucking boring.

>book based off a video game
What do you think, you philistine?

i hope this is real, i really do

Fuck, that sounded so based. Molyneux always had these great ideas but was terrible at executing them.

yeah they made so many amazing games like...

Can I be a slut that fucks dudes without having to be their friend or is the game going to be strict about sex again.

Fable 2 and 3 had male prostitutes. Plus Reaver the bisexual businessman and one of the main characters hit on you no matter what your gender was. This game was progressive before it was cool.

Some of this sounds a little weird but overall it sounds like it is going to be great.

Nah open world games are good

Cringe.

>time travel bullshit
time travel is a crutch for bad creators

>Albion... ...gone
Then what's the point?

No.

Whare is the leaked video you worthless faggots

My nigga, more games need to do setting based around the Enlightenment and the age of discovery

Attached: Henry-Every.jpg (600x416, 67K)

Is the main character voiced? This will decide if I buy the game or not.

2 is a superior 1
The only issue is not being able to die

And how much of that will actually make it into the game?

Molyneux needed to shut the fuck up and not talk to the press. Let him be the ideas guys and then see if you can make some of those ideas a reality.

Populous, Dungeon Keeper, Theme Park, Syndicate, Black & White, Fable and Godus.

>Black & White
Don't remind me.
That was mah jam.

>Black & White 2
Don't remind me either, that game felt fucking unfinished

Attached: 1534878601600.jpg (2464x1648, 365K)

You aint wrong
Also the Age of Absolutism

Attached: 1511445996602.jpg (511x650, 120K)

Yeah, the dessert bits were weird.
It like they wanted to give us more biomes but forgot what they wanted to do with them.

Never mind that, there were only five creatures and a campaign mode, in which half of the levels were basically a tutorial
It was like they spent all their time on the pretty graphics and forgot to add in the content

Attached: blackwhite3-lg.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

I had 2 tho, but 3 was one of my worst 60 dollars spent. I eveeeeer

>286 posts for a fake leak

Come the fuck on, Yea Forums

STOP REHASHING THE SAME OLD SHIT FABLE

I DONT CARE ABOUT GOING TO THE WEREWOLF TOWN AFTER 3 GAMES OF IT

THE JACK OF BLADES HAS ALREADY BEEN USED

DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL

Are they trying to be The Elder Scrolls Fable?
Better not be legit, OP

YES

WE NEED MORE FABLE COIN GOLD, FABLE FORTUNE AND FABLE: THE JOURNEY

THE AUDIENCE CLEARLY WANTS MORE OF THESE AND LESS OF THE MAINLINE GAMES

SO WHAT ARE THE FUCKING CHANCES

THAT WE FINALLY GET A PORT OF FABLE FUCKING 2

I WANT IT SO BAD. I'VE WAITED SO LONG. I'D EVEN TAKE IT BEING ON THE FUCKING GAMEPASS GOD FUCKING SHIT MICROSOFT PLEASE

TLC -> 2 -> 3
and if you really want more i guess you could watch the journey like a movie

also add an actually playable co-op

i will have you banned*

you forgot:
>Strong ugly women