Let's have a darkest dungeon thread

Just beat the first part of the darkest dungeon, so goddamn hard. My last occultist barely survived long enough to stab the shuffling horror to death, but then he died but I still passed the quest somehow. Is this a glitch or does the game only count a victory as long as you pass the objective? Either way I'm not complaining, but I'd like to know the answer.
Post your:
>favorite class
>favorite area
>least favorite enemy/boss
>favorite mod or trinket if you haven't downloaded any
>how hyped you are for darkest dungeon 2

Attached: darkest dungeon.jpg (616x353, 38K)

never played this game. Worth it?

It's pretty damn hard even with mods, it's a typical WRPG with normal RPG combat for the most part but focuses heavily on positioning and stress management (your heroes can die from stress as well as normal attacks). The game is retroactively against every decision you make, so you may get angry at first but it's cathartic once you get all the mechanics down.
It's very very grindy so not everybody might like it but if you like gothic horror and lovecraftian vibes than its your game.

I'm just glad the devs allowed for the removal of certain mechanics. I started playing it early on and when they added corpses I immediately turned them off.

Never really had problems with corpses but the crimson court tore me open a new asshole. Uninstalled the entire DLC and only attempted it recently with a better crimson curse mod and it's made all the difference. Fuck going through all that noise, why they'd allow you to start the hardest DLC in the game so early is beyond me.

Good luck, it's almost impossible to have a decent DD thread in Yea Forums.

Don't think I've had this happen but I'm assuming that's a special rule for the Darkest Dungeon. The shuffling horror is dead so why would you be denied your victory? Heroes that make it through the darkest dungeon stop taking up roster spots, after all.
This game would probably make my top 5 of all time list. Bloodmoon was a blast, might be time to continue my old no torch run I never finished or start a new one
>favorite hero
Hard to decide since it's more about party set-ups than particular heroes, and I always end up using different ones more based on trait rng. But I do find myself favoring a few - occultist, plague doctor, grave robber, musketeer, jester are all so fun. Shieldbreaker too though fuck snakes especially in late game
>favorite area
The darkest dungeon
>least favorite enemy/boss
Those fucking enemies that appear in the Weald on hard mode dungeons that you have to kill asap
>favorite mod
Didn't look into mods too much, tried out a few modded classes, they were cool and all but I feel like they overcrowded the game even when I just used one and went back to vanilla
>favorite trinket
That also depends on the situation, but I think quick draw charm opens up some really fun options
>how hyped you are for darkest dungeon 2
Maximum hype

Attached: apps.17176.67453422733619470.a87d0d49-5fed-42f5-84cc-40ed20914e95.5a4ee46e-363b-4b4f-9336-fde45719bb (1920x1080, 213K)

It's good for a few hours, but then it becomes tedious and repetitive.
Don't listen to OP calling it hard, he's just retarded. The game has no fail state, so you can't really lose.

Any tips for beginners?

>no fail state
play the real mode babby
>not hard
see above

>The game has no fail state,
t. hasn't played Stygian/Bloodmoon AKA the real game

god damn I love this game, the voice acting really got me hooked initially

Experiment with different party set-ups as this is important. Always check the stage coach and pick up the heroes with the best traits rather than just classes you would like to have. They make a huge difference. You can lock the best ones as the game progresses. Figure out how many/what supplies you need for each area and don't overstock. Trinkets are OP. Have fun. Git gud

Upgrade the Blacksmith and the Guild first. Always bring into your party at least one hero who can keep watch at night if it's a medium or long mission.

>play the NG+ difficulty

>Don't get too connected to your troops. They're all essentially cannon fodder and will die eventually from carelessness, bullshit RNG or a mix of both.
>Be careful when reading books, they'll either give semi-decent books or completely fuck you over also NEVER BURN BOOKS
>herbs, holy water and keys can be used on various curios to give more items or cure stress/diseases
>ALWAYS put your cursor over the debuff/blight/bleed symbol when one of your troops is affected. The same symbol is still used whether it's 1 dmg bleed for 1 round or 8 dmg bleed for 5 rounds, never assume its the former
>Debuffs, blights and bleeds can stack
>warrens is weak to bleed, cove/ruins is weak to blight, weald is a mix between bleed and blight so bring both

Attached: 1551100760648.jpg (1000x1700, 291K)

you can exchange the artifacts you get, like the busts and paintings, for other ones in the main screen of town. at the bottom left of the screen

Thanks bros

Any mod recommendation?

Attached: 827-1557952295-1536735525.png (854x720, 844K)

Is there a mod that makes the Musketeer her own class?

I would love a roguelite game based on Goblin Slayer.

>Quality mods
Simply better tavern
Crimson curse buff
>Character mods
Thrall
Duchess
Slayer (if you like doom, try this one out)

Bring a vestal with single and full heal each time early game until your comfortable. When you're ready, switch her for plague doctor. Death door is a joke and you'll survive 99% of the time with a plague doc if you have battlefield medicine. Only time I've ever lost someone to death is if I had +2 dying characters who both of bleed/blight.

I know I might get shit for saying this but you could just look up the map online for c.c. I used it and helped me avoid a good 70% wandering around. Yeah it spoils what's coming up but I'd rather not spend two hours fighting in circles.

>Fav class
Leper for damage front row, Occultist for heals and pulls third, Jester for stress fourth, Flag. for BoT and panic heals 2nd row.
>Favorite area
Swine area, easiest bosses and loot
>Least fav boss/enemy
Every boss is pretty easy to handle if you know their routine. Only enemy I hate is fungus giant because they can do 50+ damage in one hit.
>Fav Mods
Only play vanilla
>D2 Hype
Only game I plan on getting anytime soon.

how do i git gud

Practice and farming trinkets. Good trinkets > heros because they can turn mediocre heros into badasses

Isn't it mostly le hard rng for the sake of being hard

Have you tried gearing the party for killing shit as quickly as possible? I actually started doing better after switching out the healer for a 4th damage dealer since you're able to prevent the damage/stress in the first place

Early game it is but once you get the hamlet upgrades (especially blacksmith and guild) and trinkets that mater, it's a walk in the park. You gotta sacrifice the starting heros in order to build up a late game army.

how do I know when to dismiss a hero because it's not worth it to keep him anymore ?

If they have a terrible locked in negative trait (like, costs 10,000 gold to remove -10 damage locked trait). Also if they're maxed stressed out and have two negative traits that interact (might have someone who is an atheist but can only pray to recover stress). Either scenarios are timed to kick them off.

When you have trouble managing your money to spend on relieving their stress, curing diseases and upgrades. If you don't want to dismiss a high resolve level hero, you hire a new recruit, run them through dungeons for gold, then dismiss them without spending any money on them when they're broken.

Remember to REMIND YOURSELF