UDG OR V3 ?

alright i just finished danganronpa 2 and i was wondering if i should just skip UDG (as alot of people say its the worst game in the series) or if i should play it

i really like toko but i still dont know, i only have money right now for one game btw

Attached: DANGANRONPA.jpg (460x215, 257K)

Play UDG. The gameplay is meh but the plot and character development is great. V3 should be saved for last. Also don't watch danganronpa 3 anime

UDG could've been awesome, it was a real missed opportunity, but it's still neat

fuck DR3 (not V3) since it takes dedicates an entire episode to UDG then just shits all over possibly the only interesting plot point to come out of that game.

Still waiting for the Fenrir game.

Attached: H00n6bH.jpg (1200x800, 69K)

i thought it was alright.

Attached: 20181117163804_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.08M)

>could've been awesome, it was a real missed opportunity, but it's still neat
As is the fate of all side stories/interquels.

Attached: 1555212262762.png (490x500, 642K)

I have my fingers crossed for a mod that will cut down on ammo and turn it into the tense survival horror it was always meant to be

play UDG.
protip: play it on the hardest difficulty, it's still not very hard and enemies will drop more money

Skip UDG and the anime and just play V3

The atmosphere is incredibly unique and the OST is great, even if the story is a mediocre it's still worth a play through.

The gameplay is so-so. But if you enjoy fucked up themes in Danganronpa, there's nothing quite as fucked up as it.

Attached: 46680677_p0.jpg (632x950, 560K)

did you play it on vita? aiming with vita thumbsticks was hard and i missed shots a lot so it kind of felt that way to me

Currently playing DR2 just came to say I love my wife Peko now I’m leaving before I get spoiled

You can stop now, everything else in the series are meh

Absolutely this. Especially if you're mouse aiming. I died once over the course of the entire game and not even true death, just the sorta death that happens before using a battery to revive.

Attached: 63752622_p3.jpg (1920x1042, 1.21M)

Play it for best girl

Attached: 1513948163329.png (500x800, 421K)

>danganshitter

>Peko
loooooooooooool

I played it on PC with mouse controls. It definitely felt like it was balanced for vita and I wish it were scarier.

boring taste but at least you aren't a mahirufag

Both are still better than Hiyoko or Ibuki.

the man with no taste

>poopookaka haha

Good call, because holy crap did things happen to her.

Good choice because I was about to spoil the fuck outta you

>Lol we're more than friends and we remember despite the memory wipe

yeah sure, whatever, god bless Ibuki even though she literally never did anything wrong

Attached: 1534116528880.jpg (522x451, 59K)

UDG is fine if you don't mind the gameplay. V3 is straight up garbage after the first trial.

3rd trial*

>Miu
Best taste my man.

*5th trial

*4th trial

>V3 is straight up garbage after the first trial.
why

4th trial was trash, mostly because of how stupid it was taking literally half the trial figuring out the stupid looped world and also because we lost this angel.

Attached: Cum Dumpster.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

because adachi is the killer, ray is the lamp, the nonary game is in a desert, the ambidex is on mars, enguarde hired a hitman, godot killed maya's mom to protect her from phoenix's ex, and kyle took that paper clip

you forgot that manfred killed gregory

and that the final boss is the gas station attendant

he WHAT!!!

Attached: DDx4X6CXgAAcM-i[1].jpg (494x366, 19K)

it was all her fault

akechi is the black mask

>kyle took that paper clip
I understood all the references but this one.

The world fell into despair because Juzo couldn't declare his love for Chad Ziodynecock.

chisa is the traitor
but it was also tengan

Like all things in V3 I choose to blame Kokichi.

Attached: 91d.png (1270x1000, 310K)

Don't listen to the retards that say "watch a lets play" jesus fuck those idiots are cringe. Play the game. It's a breath of fresh air.

>UDG
The writing was effectively Ass'n'Titties hope and despair remix

Attached: 1475331773963.png (552x543, 358K)

>dr tries to replicate the Nagito experience with Kokichi
>falls flat on its face
Like Adachi and Akechi

Why didn’t you get them on sale a month ago?

This. I'm pretty sure those who only gone through Danganronpa via watching gameplay footage never really payed attention to the story.

the anime and udg are 100% integral to the enjoyment of V3

Also this. Heck, I even recommend reading DR0 as well.

Because Kokichi and Akechi weren't written to be their own characters, they were written by taking the existing scripts for Nagito and Adachi and playing some Mad Libs. They were designed from the ground up specifically to replicate what succeeded before which is why they feel like garbage, because they aren't actual characters.

>the anime
no

Also the 4koma anthologies.

Attached: DRR...DRR...DRR....png (349x696, 123K)

fuck me user I haven't touched that yet. I'll check it out, though after V3's ending I can't say I give a fuck about anything in this franchise anymore

imagine speedreading this hard. they knew eachother long before they entered the academy, you'd know that if you weren't retarded. you're right about peko though, she's literally trash.

I read it after finishing UDG and before watching DR3 myself. Starts slow, but picks up around volume 2, chapter 7.

look man, I get that the anime had a stupid ending but you're not understanding. everything that happened in the anime is irrelevant. the only important thing to know is the dr franchise transcended vidya by becoming an anime, before it became a reality show.

>they knew eachother long before they entered the academy,

yeah, that's exactly what the post says, good job though, try again

what are you even trying to say, dumbass? the memory wipe was a specific period of time, its not like they forgot their childhoods.

Good job trying to be smart but you failed, too bad, good night, not my fault you can't read, go somewhere else

Attached: wdwdwd.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

Exactly.

You literally can't articulate yourself, not my fault you're too autistic to get your point across. Enjoy another lonely night, user.

Kaede was boring

We know, Izuru.

I don't really see much in common between Nagito and Kokichi other than "crazy person in a killing game"

and also your point fails for me in one other way: Nagito is intentionally derivative of Naegi. But this is a good thing.

I want UDG 2 with Himiko and Maki

Both are shitty people that go against teamwork and go for a masterplan, and are tied to an ideal.
And Makoto and Nagito doesn't fit because they were clearly made for different roles, even if Nagito is a derivative.

I bet Kotoko would post on Yea Forums.

Why was Kodaka so thirsty for all of UDG?

>keeps talking about how hot high school girls are
>"Dude, sexually assaulting children is bad.", but Kotoko's chapter is the lewdest one in the game
>that boss fight where Syo strips Komaru down while trying to dominate her
>"I LIKE MY GIRLS AS YOUNG AS POSSIBLE"

>Both are shitty people that go against teamwork
wouldn't say that describes Nagito. He teams up with Hajime in 2-3.
>and go for a masterplan,
it's not really a "master plan" in Nagito's case considering it's one chapter while Kokichi's planning his shit for most of the game
>and are tied to an ideal.
I don't think Kokichi's is tied to an ideal. He just has a extremely stupid, much dumber than Kaede's even if he doesn't get half the shit she gets plan to end the killing game

>When Aoi's brother dies.

Did we ever even see her reaction to the news?

Attached: 1327804114287.gif (385x275, 493K)

That's actually a pretty good idea. The outside world could be pretty fucked up.

Attached: 63752622_p1.jpg (1920x1084, 1.54M)

No. Because Aoi's brother and Chihiro's dad were barely characters and exist just to fulfill an arbitrary death quota.

No, we don't. And they're both such good kids. Makes me sad.

Attached: 1557681928997.jpg (242x206, 23K)

I mean, if you're gonna be cynical about it, they all are. The difference is UDG doesn't have free time events to flesh out these expendables.

If you like Toko you will love despiar girls, also it has some killer fucking tracks, the title theme is almost my favorite dangan track.

Attached: 1555797377318.gif (256x192, 26K)

Nagito really only teams up with the group in 2-3 because of the circumstances under which the murder happens.
In 2-1 he breaks the cohesion by plotting a murder in front of Teruteru to goad him into killing him, 2-4 he becomes very antagonistic towards the group, and 2-5...well, you know.
I do think the better word to use is theme, like Nagito being tied to the theme of hope, Kokichi is tied to the theme of lies.
That said, Nagito's plan in 2-5 was way better than whatever fucking shit Kokichi thought up.

the whole series is boring

>people say its the worst game in the series
It's mediocre but people say it's the worst because most of the fanbase is women who can't play video games.
They want a story, a vn, not a game.
They even call the rest of danganronpa hard when it's piss easy.

1) Play UDG. Not as bad as people say, it's just bland. The character development is pretty neat though.

2) Watch DR3. DR3 isn't as horrible as people say it is.
Is it AMAZING? No, far from it.
But I still found enjoyment from watching it.

3) Play V3.
V3 is pretty good. Dunno why people were/are mad about it. Good wrap up for the series.

DR3 future is interesting trying to figure out the murder mystery, everything else is infuriating.

DR3 despair is fanservice in the worst way

UDG, the gameplay is a bit shitty but the story is great

i found it to be the other way around. I "hated" Future, but Despair I quite enjoyed just to see the class together and how they were before.
Although I am upset that they made Nagito seem like a lucky retarded child as opposed to a sociopath that uses his talen to his own advantage, but eh. I can somewhat deal with it, the character isn't ruined because of it.

>DR3 aired 3 years ago
I really miss those times

Attached: 1549430082666.jpg (570x570, 196K)

UDG was alright, just keep multiple saves.

Future was boring, too afraid to kill old characters and didn't manage to make me care for most of the new characters.

Past was okay up until it explained how Junko pulled everything off in the most boring way imaginable

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 175867345633.png (1469x944, 983K)

to be fair he was indoctrinated yet, he was just a normal kid...as "normal" as nagito could be

Munakata didn't deserve it, he had to suffer all through the tragedy up until the end of DR3

meanwhile Naegi gets to sit comfortably in the school with endless food talking people to death while his waifu makes it to the end and he takes over the company munakata started through blood sweat and tears with his schizoid waifu he had to watch die in front of him

DR3 was the ultimate NTR

Play UDG, though many say V3 is best standalone and don't need to play any other games, playing 1 and 2 and UDG and watching the DR3 anime enahances the experience of V3 tenfold, much more than most mediums with previous entries. Personally, I enjoyed UDG much more than I thought, but thought it was about a few hours too long towards the ending sections, felt like a lot of padding. There are collectibles in the game that add a ton to the worldbuilding but didnt get them all so ended up looking at what they said on the wiki. Also I skipped the DR3 anime and watched like 20 youtube videos so I knew basically everything that happened, then played V3 and loved it I wanted more Danganronpa so watched Dr3 and was worse than what I heard in the vids.

>Also I skipped the DR3 anime and watched like 20 youtube videos

You skipped an anime to watch 20 videos...about an anime?

Yes, most were pretty short like less than 10 minutes, then there was CraftDwarfs video on DR3 which really took the cake which was like 45 minutes. I didn't feel like I missed anything by watching the videos by the time I watched the anime after V3 since I read all the novels that I could find translated, but Dr3 was just awful in everyway.

post memes

Attached: 1534080966030.jpg (3100x1800, 875K)

Attached: 1552811558155.jpg (2500x2057, 1.57M)

Attached: 1538222920109.jpg (1000x1200, 151K)

if she's boring, my condolences with how the rest of the game must've felt

Attached: 1534962643758.png (1024x618, 451K)

>not leglocking miu's head in place till she passes out
weak

Attached: 1545391421739.png (1470x841, 992K)

Attached: 1544854694894.jpg (680x763, 148K)

Attached: 1533965205535.png (500x330, 290K)

why is the DR community so full of good quality memes? Please post more seesaw memes

Attached: 1532955546860.jpg (1775x1756, 1.7M)

Attached: chapter 4 of ndrv3.png (600x773, 567K)

Attached: 1535876691393.jpg (401x1024, 58K)

Just realized the joke of the first meme

Attached: 1546647720407.png (415x383, 110K)

Attached: 1528405178831.png (893x903, 750K)

Attached: 1508835712893.png (846x534, 197K)

Attached: 1558548788154.png (1224x2051, 3.17M)

Attached: 1546121907244.png (1024x1024, 428K)

>the state of this thread

Not gonna lie, the seesaw bullshit stumped me and I had to look it up

Attached: 1534603317581.png (808x739, 362K)

Attached: 1531070293024.jpg (1000x885, 158K)

Honestly, the best part of the last chapter's investigation segment was finding out Oma was literally a professional troll

Attached: Chapter 6 of NDRV3 ending.jpg (846x534, 141K)

Killing game wasnt even real and it was all a simulation

Attached: 1554857649015.png (850x530, 357K)

I think there's a moment in DR3 where Komaru is talking to Makoto through a video call, and Aoi alludes to it and Makoto apologizes. It's easy to miss.

Attached: 1538796915269.jpg (1280x720, 416K)

>V3
you weren't the first to think that
you will not be the last

Attached: 1538693884812.png (700x686, 725K)

I am hoping we find out one day or a new Danganronpa comes out or something.

They won't do that because they already did that twist and it cheapens the real deaths of V3

Even if it isn't I can think of many more ways most likely already stated a thousand times how this could be a "fake" death game. But I do wish the series continued since I have no idea wtf those guys are doing at Too Kyo Games.

>I can think of many more ways most likely already stated a thousand times how this could be a "fake" death game
please state them

>character dies so early that the rest of the characters and the fanbase forget they exist

Attached: 1542139114764.jpg (1890x1417, 161K)

>character survives a game so now Kodaka is too afraid to kill them off in sequels

Cosplay bitch orchestrated it and it was real, but many aspects were faked even to the end. Kiibo was given the soul of Makoto Naegi to lead these students to the best possible outcome for whatever reason to learn from his mistakes and the mistakes of others. It really was a spacecraft and Kaito was there to lead them and send them somewhere away from Earth only for a limited time, but someone really did intercept and send the plan into chaos. The death game was done to seek out true talent and things somehow got out of hand as time went on with the tests. And variations of these.

DanganRonpa jumped the shark after the first game.

you know, that isn't even the craziest shit

What have been crazier theories?

Who jumped Soda?

Oma surviving due to something, escaping with Miu, who also survived because of her cyborg implants, his twin brother who raped him is the true mastermind, him, Miu and Gonta planning chapter 4 together and that Shuichi, Himiko and Maki were wrong and never gave him a chance. Oh and Oma can see the future.

How did people come to these conclusions?

fujoshit and fudanshit delusions

So which series got more batshit?
DR or ZE?

It's complex.

DR

POST LAUGHING BOY

Attached: 1557044459706.png (1280x738, 1.51M)

Attached: 1554184468816.png (895x1040, 1.08M)

Attached: hajimeorangejuice.jpg (480x280, 18K)

I love v3 memes

Attached: 1556744401838.gif (600x544, 320K)

Of course you want to play UDG, you fucking retard
>I really like Toko
Then you're gonna love UDG

Attached: Komaru_Naegi_Halfbody_Sprite_(55).png (1025x1031, 781K)

>Kaito's mouth
nyeh

reminder that (big v3 spoilers):
>makoto and sayaka didn't go to school together and she isn't actually an idol
>fuyuhiko and peko didn't actually know each other/have the bodyguard/childhood friend relationship thing at all
>the whole despair phenomenon/junko shit is a big hoax (which I kind of thought was lame in the first place but it being fake is retarded)
ALL RETCONNED BY V3 SO FUCK YOU
While it was cool at the time the more I think about the more retarded it seems

I didn't think it implied the first two games were fake I thought they meant those two were real

also now that I think about it.... in DR2 for the 5th case since nagito's whole thing of being the lucky student is now bullshit weren't the odds that it was actually chiaki that threw the poison really small? so the whole believing in his talent thing ended up being nothing as well? goddamn

what? do you actually think that v3 was saying that the other two games were also "ultimate real fiction"? monokuma said those were video games. danganronpa didn't become reality tv until dr4 i believe.

you took the completely wrong idea

>localizing otaku as anime nerd
nuke california

How the fuck do some people still not understand that V3 and the other Danganronpas have no connection to each other narrative wise? How can people still not get that? I don't understand, i seriously don't get it.

Attached: 1544567688351.png (512x512, 103K)

I loved UDG, I thought it was really fun. I´d say you are missing out if you decided to skip it. It´s also the darkest and most fucked game in the series for some reason.

I just assume people were speedreading that part

They literally spell out that 1,2 and 3 were videogames and an anime, how hard could that be to figure out.
Everything that happened in those games is still valid, we just know that they were fictional characters.
It doesn't cheapen their deaths, there's just another layer of fiction between us and them.