New Vegas thread

New Vegas thread

Attached: 1559544324757m.jpg (758x1024, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=997PAfxFiGE
youtube.com/watch?v=KARSz0AE39Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really really really like this image.

i like it too

am I missing out having not played fo:na?

Imagine if some legionaires crucified the men and then took the girls back as rape slaves

I just want to experience it again in a stable engine. :(

ncr fucking profligates i say kill them all

With the bug fixing and stability mods I haven't had the game crash I think.

They already do, they say this in game

Attached: 1556991225966.jpg (324x288, 21K)

NCR STRONG

>no post nuclear apocalyptic cutie 3.14 to cook you gecko meat marinated in pork n' beans
I would trade it all to live in the game with this squad. They look like they look out for eachother.

ive seen so many, where did you find an image this great?

yeah for sure
if you played 4, going back to new vegas, gameplay wise will be tough though

NV is very stiff

Who do you think is the best companion ?

It almost makes me forget how fucking terrible and inhuman every single NPC in the game looked

Fly far, fly fast!

Attached: 1554169921910.png (600x300, 85K)

They're all tumblr tier speshul faggots except Boone, Cassidy and Raoul

so i know this is a new vegas thread but if I had to pick between fo3 and fo4 which should I play first

i will play both

please dont over complicate this

FO3 is retarded, so retarded it hurts sometimes but it's still a better game than FO4

I dunno about that
I like a lot of 3's little locations like the whole Jury Street area but 4 has the better gameplay and mod base by far

Post post-game autism.
>Take the independent option.
>My title is The Commissioner
>My new nation is the Mojave Free State.
>NCR is told to politely fuck off
>Camp McCarren goes to the Boomers
>Helios One is handed back to the Brotherhood with the stipulation they continue to provide power to the valley (C-Finder is stored underneath the Lucky 38, no need for them to know I have it.)
>Boone leads the Mojave Rangers to take care of threats that the Securitons would be unnecessary or impractical.
>Kings are empowered throughout Freeside and Northside as the de facto peacekeeping force.
>Houses body is removed from the Lucky 38 and buried at Camp Golf.
>Cass is my wife, our son's name is Randall

the proper way to do the MQ + DLC is Ring-a-Ding -> Honest Hearts -> everything up until to the BoS quest -> Dead Money -> BoS quests/starting Et Tumor, Brute? -> OWB -> Arizona Killer/You'll Know It When It Happens -> Lonesome Road -> Endgame

CMV

>marrying an alcoholic slut

The Courier established himself as the biggest alpha in the Wasteland so cuck threat is minimal.

cass is canonically like 36 when the game ends. she's old and busted

Bump

Legion Ending = Real Ending

>37
Well shit, there is like no indication of that in game.

Still a poopie waifu

you can infer it if you played fo2, which takes place 40 years ago. then again old man cass was still pretty virile so who knows, maybe she's good for it

It's user's dream to find a haggard roastie who's just getting off the cock carousel and ready to settle down with a provider

>Boone
>the 25 year old sniper who has already been traumatized for life by being involved in massacring civilians and having to blow his own wife's head off to save her from a lifetime of rape
>not "speshul"

Good thing I befriended the Think Tank, hopefully some Big MT tech can salvage this roastie.

>he has a backstory he must be a snowflake
Back to discord with you tranny

>having to blow his own wife's head off to save her from a lifetime of rape
Considering how easy I slaughter Legion shits that seems more and more egregious as the game goes on.
Maybe this is what they call pseudo narrative dissonance.

You literally cannot get more snowflake than that for a stereotypical cold sniper

At what level should I play through the DLCs?

>36
>Old and busted

Guys... 36 isn't old...

Attached: 1302125713218.jpg (1680x1050, 93K)

I don't see any point in arguing this with someone as retarded and deranged as you
btw ur waifu is shit

>alcoholic
>weak heart
>is meant to look like this

Attached: 3_of_Hearts.jpg (372x521, 101K)

When did it say she had a weak heart?

It's a congenital defect she inherited from Cassidy. She'll tell you about it if you talk to her while under the effects of chems

I still dont understand why so many people want to go Independent.

What makes you qualified to lead? Do you have skills to lead thousands of people, and can manage wisely the needs and cares of everyone in your community? Are you trained in any aspect of management, leadership or any sort of government structure?

Do you have the consent of the governed? Are you democratically elected?Do you have the interests of Las Vegas at heart? Is Las Vegas better off in your hands than in anyone else's?

Or are you just another tin pot superhuman demagogue who will force his will upon the people's of the waste?

Nobody rules alone. In the end, who's the true power behind the throne? You? Or Yes Man? And how long till the usurper that broke and stole the dreams of the House similarly gets broken?

Yeah that's really what's throwing me.
I mean it makes sense with what said but he in game model looks even younger than that.
Also consider that a life on the road in the Wasteland would age the shit out of you

Attached: Rose_of_Sharon_Cassidy.jpg (900x643, 161K)

yeah i honestly think the character would be more interesting if she actually looked visibly aged. wrinkles, sunspots, etc. but gamebryo literally cannot handle that without making an extra special race just for cass. the age slider does not suffice.

You don't know until you've tried.

Does i need mods for new vegas or better to play vanilla?

FaceGen is capable of half decent faces, you just have to spend the time and effort making it. A HD face texture helps a lot as well.

>FaceGen is capable of half decent faces
The funny thing is I can't recall a single vidya commercial use of it where the devs actually spent the time to make half decent faces

No gods, no masters

Attached: images(97).jpg (739x415, 18K)

Attached: e65.gif (500x280, 888K)

Definitely get patch and bug mods first

Claiming the cute blonde

>people think Indememedent has them in charge
Joshua Sawyer disagrees and I'll take his word over headcanon any day

Attached: The A is for Anarchy.jpg (540x581, 111K)

Some people like the idea of turning the mojave into a deserted hellscape full of roaming killbots or have otherwise convinced themselves that it wouldn't end up that way if the courier tried to rule using brute force offered by the securitron army

What would you do if you ended up in the mojave?

Attached: giphy.gif (312x300, 1.08M)

If your Courier has 10 INT or CHA I could see it going well

Fucking die

Try to leech of the Followers of The Apocalypse

I'd try to stay as far from those cursed motherfuckers as possible

So according to lore how prevalent are working cars in Fallout? I'd love to see a Fallout game with a new engine where you can drive vehicles, even own an RV or mobile home like pic related. You could use it to fast travel to certain cities and it parks outside the cities in parking lots with other cars.

Attached: 50a0e57d750f11d1ba6d2fea202bfd5a.jpg (474x335, 45K)

If they fleshed out the Legion storyline more, setting the Courier up as some kind of Augustus to Caesar's, well, Caesar then I could see people picking it.

spend my life looking for old world VR pod tech, then spending the rest of it in virtual utopia.

>T. seething NCR wagie

dump all stats into luck and charisma
gamble and trade to survive.
seduce women and bang prostitutes
do some side paper work for the new republic
never leave the strip
stay safe

>became Legionarie.
>try to ascend.
>convince Caesar that he is a incel.
>tell him to have sex.
>he kills himself because incel things
>I'm the leader now
>start a new Roman Empire without the retarded things Caesar believed.

Prevalent enough that the NCR, the Brotherhood of Steel, and some corporations like the Gun Runners have access to them. Likely they cost a fortune to own and maintain.

Not just a fortune but I'd imagine the amount of people who actually know how to service them are extremely limited

And what retarded things did Caesar believe?

evangelize Catholicism and convert Graham to the church

Based

Imagine if they crucified the women and took the men back as manual labor slaves or used them as cannon fodder against their former nation

There's a functional garage in FO2, when cars would still be a huge novelty. In 40 years and wealth in California increasing, it wouldn't be hard for people to bug the Followers to let them look at car repair manuals as it becomes a viable business

I mean, NCR has engineers that are knowledgeable enough to repair Hoover Dam. Mechanical engineering has made its comeback.

Man that just reminded me that fallout:NV could've never come out in todays political climate

>I mean, NCR has engineers that are knowledgeable enough to repair Hoover Dam
Now they just need to find better theoretical physicists

Caesar and the legionaries look so awkward standing around in the strip

With established lore there is no reason why a player character wouldn't be able to get his hands on a car.
It's all gameplay limitations, horses too.
I'd want stuff like RadHorses but Bethesda would just do the two heads thing again.

yes

A lot of it can be made subjective but one things for certain is a lack of medical science/knowledge.

>kill caesar
>legate kills you

>theoretical physicists
I'd say it's pretty practical at this point

Horses are extinct on the West Coast

beased

just tell Lanius to have sex and he will be btfo instantly

larp about how great the enclave was and that they should come back
even if im considered a dirty mutie by their standards

They look much happier when they realize gambling is actually fun

Attached: 20171005085300_1.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

Oh fuck off if dogs made it so there is at least one extant mustang population somewheres.
Also there are a ton of horses in California irl.

I want Cass to ride my fucking face like a bucking Brahmin.

Historical Roman Legionaries were queer for gambling

Any recommended mods? looking to do a reinstall tomorrow

Enjoy your herpes

A brahmin with the whiskey shits

looks like a cosplay convention

>Speculatores were Roman army military intelligence and spies, who dressed up as the enemy and went into their camps to find out what they could
>Frumentarii were Hadrian's personal civilian spies used to keep an eye on important people and were basically taxmen turned informant
>the Legion's Frumentarii should properly be Speculatores and the fact they got a card in the Collector's Edition and a single mention in dialogue suggests they were originally called that until someone inexplicably decided to use the wrong term

I want to go ask Sawyer what the hell happened but it feels too nitpicky

Attached: 8_of_Clubs.jpg (361x520, 85K)

>too nitpicky
No such thing, ride that queer

Go to Dayglow and try to teach Jesus to the people while seeing if the oceans were clean enough to eat from. Start up a fish restaurant if the fish are safe.

Vased

>My feet hurt
>The sun on the asphalt is too hot
>The profligates won't stop crying
>The air is too dirty from the corpse fires
>The area around Gomorrah is sticky

Start a fish restaurant by Lake Las Vegas or Lake Meade. Cass has never seen a real fish in her life and talks like no one else she's met has so it's doubtful there's any to be found in California

The complete lack of fish or mention of fishing in NV really bugs me

>Go to Dayglow and try to teach Jesus
Im disappointed that a the old Mission and a lot of other San Diego landmarks didn't make it in.
Imagine Radephants from the Wild Animal Park

>I wish Silus was here

A lot of the ending slides look goofy. The one for Veronica doesn't even look like her

Attached: Veronica_Santangelo_end_slide_01.png (1280x720, 1.19M)

Without looking it up, how many companions did you find in this game

Damn, Veronica looks like that...

>We will never have a direct confirmation of what happened in canon in New Vegas
>We will never hear of the story floating around the Wasteland that New Vegas was saved by some bumfuck courier.
>There are different stories when you learn about it through caravan merchants and other people, especially NCR patrols or Legionary scouts.
Just fucking make the damn soft sequel already.

Boone
Veronica
Lily
ED-E
Rex
Raul

There the only ones i can really remember meeting.

Attached: faster.png (640x182, 193K)

>finger reflexively lets go of the W button

Fallout 4 engine stable enough?
youtube.com/watch?v=997PAfxFiGE
youtube.com/watch?v=KARSz0AE39Q

I give Arcade a pass because he can be recruited to look after you if you have brain damage/

Attached: 1542729882325.jpg (1280x1556, 220K)

Is he not good enough?

Attached: M0zFvw5.png (1280x723, 997K)

>RadHorses
Horses with 8 legs so it can run faster

Sleipnir?

Pretty much

Boone, Veronica, Lily, Cass, Arcade, Raul, ED-E, Rex
I did everybodies quest minus Rauls,Lilys and ED-E

>didn't do Raul's quest
>this absolute buffoon missed out on goddamn Vaquero Raul

Attached: VaqueroRaul.png (195x500, 110K)

quest was broken

There's always ways to fix things.

Aint that a kick>Old World Blues> blitz through everything else because Elijah's Advanced LAER trivializes the game

Give me the essential mods boys, I've only played vanilla and I've got over 200 hours.

>Doesn't rub it in your face

THIS
I only discovered he was gay from a discussion with friends, after having him as a companion in every non-Legion playthrough I did

>ties to best faction

For auld lang syne, brother.

Bought these cards a while ago, the art on them is so beautiful. It's a great and useful collector's item. I've actually taught myself how to play a shit ton of card games with the lads just so I can use em.
Love the quotes on each card and suits representing each faction.