What is your favorite Minecraft biome?

What is your favorite Minecraft biome?

Attached: minecraft-desert-beach.jpg (1038x649, 126K)

Any one that has snow.

hills

Russia.

Attached: Screenshot_20190603-232605.png (1920x1080, 1.63M)

Isn't there a deciduous forest with coarse dirt everywhere
Seems comfy

the other desert with colored clays

snow

it depends on what I feel like building at that moment.

Warm Sea

Forests in beta

Attached: 0c24c796.jpg (1436x898, 707K)

Literally anything with snow. Current seed in the realm I play with my roommates and girlfriend doesn't have snow anywhere near where we're playing, so I'm planning on leaving them all on a grand journey

old land generation was top tier

Snow looks pretty but it's fucking annoying when you have any sort of tree farm or want a clear spot because it piles up

Attached: IMG_984009a3-92ba-446e-9dbf-d7ddf43dfeab.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

Is beach one? I always build with at least one side to the water

Jungle's edge and coral reefs.

Attached: blastoiserain.gif (300x303, 1.49M)

The modded one

Custom

Attached: Desert Horizons.png (1920x1018, 1.85M)

one freak two freak three freak four

Snow, but for some reason I can't find them anymore in modern minecraft

Why is it that I can't find terrain like that anymore? It's all shitty flat lands with some faggot river

Minecraft's default terrain gen has been boring shit for years and they're missing so many types of environments

Does it have to be vanill

Because if not, bloat'o'plenty's Grove biome is breddy nice

Attached: GroveMDC.png (1418x782, 1.26M)

building a giant mother base-type oil rig to live on in deep ocean with no other land in sight

so comfy

Because they made the EXTREMELY retarded decision to only let mountains spawn in this bland biome

Attached: Extreme-Hills-Seed.jpg (960x546, 94K)

>add new light source
>make it more expensive than torches but also emit less light, so despite looking nicer on their own you have to spam them even more than torches to light the same amount of area

Attached: Lantern.gif (198x198, 7K)

You can get pretty similar results with the amplified setting. It can get to be a too much at times though.

But when everything is crazy and tall, it's less special.

Basically you only have the options of everything being flat and boring or everything being tall and wacky. No mix. No variety. No discovery.

Instead of what, placing a torch upside down?

The wiki says they emit more light.

brown bricks

I found bizarre mountain terrain like that in my last run a few months ago. It's much less common now, sure, but it made it all the more special and encouraged me to look harder for it.
Meanwhile, I found amazing things I'd never seen before like an ice berg biome above an underwater crevice, which I was able to explore because I'd already beaten a water temple and gained the ability to breath underwater in localized areas.

People who say there's no exploration now simply haven't played the game recently and are trying to justify it to themselves. Minecraft is still a 10 outta 10 game.

Hm, I guess you're right. But only one level more so if you try to hang them too high it doesn't matter. I'm just annoyed at how they won't just give us good lighting options that you don't have to spam everywhere to stop mobs from spawning as if that's somehow an important mechanic they need to keep balanced.

They emit light 1 level stronger than torches

Consolefag here. Why do the maps default to the 0/4 zoom level with the Village & Pillage update? And when I try to craft zoomed out new maps, they change to other maps other than the one I'm currently standing on?

>just started playing Minecraft recently
>second world I created is some oceany beach shit
>some weird spooky shit happens when I'm digging up some fucking sand and I get a spoon icon and suddenly can't dig for shit
>die at nightfall because I can't even dig a hole in motherfucking sand
>respawn
>avoid getting that mysterious debuff
>now every night these fucking screaming manta rays descend from the sky and cover my house
>weird electrical shit noise periodically, seems to be coming from some giant fat blowfish niggers
>shit is loud and annoying, can't even escape it digging down to the earth's molten core
I hate this fucking biome

Attached: 1559583894579.jpg (720x540, 174K)

maps have predetermined centers based on their coordinates so they will always line up properly if you hang them on frames

I play it frequently. beyond the terrain being more boring/flat in general for almost 8 years now, the changes they DO add are pitiful. There should be THOUSANDS of spawnable dungeons and structures ingame by now, and a good 10-20 more biomes. They don't have to introduce new blocks to make that happen. They don't even have to make it themselves, they could source designs and ideas from the community.

This game has SUCH low production values and it's simply pathetic how stingy Mojang is with features. The modding community runs circles around them, it's been that way for far too long. Minecraft is a MEGA success and it's still treated like a tiny little indie game.

I got a nice warm ocean with all the coral and shit next to a desert village, its really nice

My previous base was above ground so I went dorfmode with this one
my mines connected with a pre-made mine biome that connects to the ocean up to the surface, exploring it was kino

You sound like you want to find something amazing behind every other block. Making stuff plentiful but not constant is what gives you the balance to appreciate the alien among the mundane.

Is there a replacement to MCedit for 1.14/1.13? I want to delete a bunch of my world where I haven't done anything so I can reexplore it and get the new generation stuff.

Attached: 1557254991039.jpg (225x216, 46K)

This one
104.219.5.56:25565

You have to sleep and the curse leaves, WIKI

minemen.ddns.net:25565

mango's server is back, vanilla 1.14.2
newfags still welcome, come join /home/ at -400 -300

Attached: 1557359557231.jpg (1008x600, 100K)

You need a bed for that right?
I've only found cows and chickens, not to mention I couldn't even chop down enough wood for a fucking workbench because of that curse
Still have no idea what caused it

/civ/ fags where you @

Attached: 2015-02-24_13.34.31.png (1920x1080, 855K)

hills > anything

Attached: hillyhills.png (1920x1017, 3.02M)

Not sleeping causes it

Yeah I guess, you sound completely full of shit but I'm not going to bother looking it up anyway since it hasn't happened at all since that one isolated time

the pufferfish guys cause it, if you get too close to their temple they hit you with it so you can't just dig through the walls to get the treasure
also go underground, you can make wool out of string if you kill enough spiders

he is right but whatever.

Plains

whatever the comfy snow covered forests are
cannot be beaten

Attached: 1520793511112.jpg (570x744, 193K)

griefing is allowed

That sounds right, I think the game spawned me on top of their temple or right next to it
Bastard fish

The digging debuff is because of the pufferfish in the underwater temple.
The manta rays are because you stayed awake too long.
Remember, make a wooden pickaxe, then a set of stone tools, then dig and tunnel until you find enough Iron for a full suit and some tools.
Also look for a village to rob blind.

Ice spikes
Building house in them make me feel like disney priness else. Very comfy. Very nice. Very, ICE. Haha :-)
Also very rare so many resets

those manta faggots really punish players that like to travel around all the time

exploring is the best part about the game

If they added in some weakness, like one-hit vulnerability to gold arrows or crossbow bolts, all you'd have to do is keep a stack on you, or in a luggage llama.

literally just bring a bed or kill some sheep while you're out
it's not like they spawn every night, if you sleep once you're set for a few days

I always just carry a bed around and sleep under the stars.

no
i have to be awake at all times
the world is mine

ideally they'd make all crafted/player placed light sources block spawns in an area like 2-3x their light level, including some vertical coverage
mojang doesn't give a shit though, they don't play the game or care about people who do

it is able to be placed on the bottom of a block

>tfw you will never, ever have a comfy survival server with a cool group of people again that doesn't die within a week

My favorite biome is the city biome

Attached: 2019-06-01_10.07.49.png (1920x1017, 3.08M)

If Mojang gave a shit, you could hold a torch and carry light with you.

>You will never have an apartment as aesthetic as this.

Attached: 2019-06-03_23.50.48.png (1920x1017, 2.68M)

technically you can with dynamic lighting/optifine mod. which doesn't affect the map in anyway so its not really a "mod".

Attached: 2019-06-03_23.50.35.png (1920x1017, 2.94M)

This one

Attached: flaot.png (985x911, 319K)

I'm currently making a house in BoPs orchard biome. I've planted dick tons of trees around my house. Its very comfy. Aside from that, Tiga or other snowy biomes with trees. I tried to convince myself that deserts were comfy, but they're just bland after a while.

You're not taking about civcraft, are you?

1.4.2 45.56.82.37 ~ join oldshoes server!

Attached: 2019-06-02_19.46.49.png (1920x1017, 1.92M)

Wait a fucking second, I think I recognize that city. Thats fucking Yoatl isn't it.

hell floating islands never again ;_;

Attached: 19-03-2010 01-39-42_stitch.jpg (1947x1920, 235K)

Na its Yea Forumsersailles

From 2.0? Shit thats a trip down memory lane. I never visted, but I still hang around with some Tazmily people.
I was a citizen of Thule for most of my time on 2.0.

reminder to join our reddit server

What reddit server?

I wish real time ray tracing was more mature

>mango server
>watch spergs and edgelords argue while mango cosplays as his own gf

that's a yikes from me dog

Can anyone recommend a decent texture pack with POB/PBR that works in 1.13

Attached: 1298318560799.jpg (324x357, 16K)

No, landmarks and dungeons should be rare, but there's such low variety that there's no motivation to go and search for them. The only exception being water temples if you want to do underwater stuff and maybe end structures for shulkers

I thought the performance was supposed to be drastically better in 1.14? I just updated and it's worse now than it was with shaders in 1.13. Also there are fucking mobs spawning EVERYWHERE now which wasn't the case before.

You got the one with steve buschemi that looks like that pic?

Alpha 1.1.2 and Beta 1.5 were peak Minecraft, new Minecraft is shit and so is it's devs.

Attached: FZuN00k.png (1920x1018, 1.78M)

Any other snowchads miss how it'd used to snow forever back in Alpha.

Attached: minecraftalphapng1opera10071674_lrg.jpg (852x480, 83K)

I played on 7chan's server on and off between 2009-2011
At one point they had a mod where if you go above the sky limit you get teleported to a floating islands map in the corresponding coordinates but at the bottom of the map, and vice versa

Was super comfy

Attached: Screenshot_20190604-064626_Gallery.jpg (2519x1440, 1.21M)

>there's no motivation to go and search for them
except there is
underwater structures have so much loot in them and also have treasure maps which lead to a chest with even more loot
you could get more ores searching for treasures than with mining

I usually look for a cluster of small islands just offshore in a warm ocean biome, preferably with some shallow water between and around where I can build a tropical getaway, with bridges linking the islands, a gazebo, that sort of thing.

is there anything for permanent water breathing
hate having to lug around fucking potions

I think you can enchant helmets with water breathing spells.

Yeah that's why I named them as an exception, and even then only if you want the unique blocks or loot.
Like I said, there's no variety. They could have added hundreds of things, even if they're just little structures like which l witch huts. Would make the world much more satisfying to explore

yeah, it's not permanent, but a respiration III turtle helmet is good for all your underwater needs bar ocean monuments.
For more permanent/long term undersea activities, conduits give permanent water breathing + night vision in a large area.

do people play on any comfy city builds?

Attached: 2019-06-01_15.10.04.png (1920x1017, 1.96M)

Birch forests and flower forests. They're the ones I most often still find interesting worldgen in. Pic related

Attached: 2019-05-31_04.05.06.png (1920x1080, 3.32M)

Attached: 2019-01-23_19.59.02.png (1920x1017, 3.24M)

Back before and during 1.2.5 there used to be Frozen River and Beach biome's that would extend for hundreds upon hundreds, sometimes at least one thousand blocks in either direction.
They would be reminiscent of ice shelves with sparse land scattered about.
Those were my favorite.

based and redpilled

how much fps would I get with my 1070/8700k?

I have a true toaster PC that can't run Minecraft, so I've been thinking about getting it on Switch. Can you play all of the old versions like you can on Java version? I want to play alpha

the new textures look fucking bad

if you keep the view distance down probably not to bad.
Also you would probably not want to use a 2k shader if your trying to make it playable. That being said I can manage it on a 1080ti

Attached: 2019-06-02_19.19.58.png (1920x1017, 3.06M)

show the outsides

That particular texture pack isn't complete, so I only did the inside, picture related. It's the building across from the pier.

Attached: 2019-05-20_08.35.12.png (1920x1017, 2.47M)

A grassland that has a jungle and snowy mountain range next to it. I'm playing on "Pastaroni" seed and I've like it so far. Got a couple floating islands off mountains too.

I kinda miss when you had to just keep remaking worlds until you got one that was always covered in snow, and when water always flowed to the west

Attached: 1484290780526.jpg (599x416, 23K)

I think it's separate from the Java versions. It's called "bedrock" version or something.

Im so shit at building compared to you guys