How would you make a good Godzilla game...

How would you make a good Godzilla game? Would you want the movement to feel slow and tank like or have fast and responsive fighting? Would it be a Vs fighter or a boss rush?

Attached: u2PoSMo.jpg (2059x2060, 565K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IY9b-UomLfk
youtube.com/watch?v=XHOX1Ivyz7k
youtube.com/watch?v=3IyKMdF32EE
youtube.com/watch?v=vm7Eyh5vCXg
youtube.com/watch?v=_8IQFyoxCxs
finance.yahoo.com/news/godzilla-owner-toho-poised-expansion-084125893.html
bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3499850/toho-ditching-shin-godzilla-2-favor-massive-kaiju-filled-cinematic-universe/
youtube.com/watch?v=lOO8Um_jmLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Make the Godzilla missions feel like that new God of War
Make the Mothra sections feel like Ace Combat
Make the Mechagodzilla sections feel like Anthem
Optional missions as humans where you're trying to do shit that humans do in the movies during the fights

Mecha godzilla with spaceships.

I said Anthem but I meant Titanfall

Attached: sample-f92adc18e6d0945e8f6288170e4612ea.jpg (850x992, 152K)

>Shazam bombs, gets sequel and spinoff
>Detective Pikachu bombs, gets sequel and spinoff
I know we're getting Kong Vs Godzilla but give us Biolante dammit

Attached: BF5CF1C9A7264F2293791A1A3FEBE747.jpg (1242x651, 741K)

>PvP brawler with loose inspiration from the Pipeworks trilogy
>third-person perspective
>large maps, mainly cityscapes, all destructible environments
>skybox is spacious in order to accommodate flying kaiju
>characters have distinct playstyles with an amount of asymmetry, but with enough balance considerations to make sure no match-up is a definite wipe
>player count between 2 and 6 or so, with different possible team configurations
>include some Pacific Rim kaiju and Jägers for variation
>ultimate design goal is it just being fun to play

Attached: Gipsy Danger vs Godzilla.jpg (1072x712, 180K)

I don't think a good one with lasting depth could be fun. There is only so much fun you can have smashing things as a giant monster.

Maybe a survival horror where you are just a human trying to escape the monster onslaught. Those little creatures from Shin Godzilla could be involved too.

fuck this shit
just port Destroy all Monsters or Save the Earth to new gen .

It's funny you mention survival horror because the idea of "There's only so much fun you could have running away from zombies" was ever exact concern Capcom had with Resident Evil

Attached: primal rage.png (648x409, 78K)

War of the Monsters but with a much bigger cast!

I can't be the only one who wants cool over the top stylized 2D fightan gaem, right?

Attached: 1559525643766.gif (500x213, 858K)

>giant immobile plant
unless they do a redesign, biollante can't work in an american godzilla movie.

Attached: 1550178064359.png (1917x1065, 3.16M)

This, but HD.

Attached: GZDE70.png (1024x680, 1.28M)

Guy who made KotM says that he'd want to do Biollante if he had the reigns on the next Godzilla film after GvK

This, but HD and with missions and with

I'd make the PS4 godzilla game and just give it a more complex combat system and more of a budget

You fucking faggot morons you realize that game got 2 sequels right? I'm so fucking sick of retarded nostalgiafags who only played the first one who think it's the best

I don't think Godzilla vidya can go back to 2D now that pipeworks set the standard with large, destructible environments

I believe they did release some Disaster Report type game like that in Japan.

Save the Earth was a good sequel to this.

FPS survival-horror adventure game where you try to survive a kaiju attack in a big city. The kaiju would be some next-level destructive force nightmare creature like Shin Godzilla and your options would be to help evacuate the city or ultimately just nullify its movements so it stops attacking the city.

Attached: 1556890965597.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Modern AAA game budget. Chaos reins.

Attached: SuperGodzilla.png (1136x640, 704K)

I just want Destoroyah.

Attached: Destoroyah.jpg (220x220, 15K)

kind've already a thing
youtube.com/watch?v=IY9b-UomLfk

>not released on on the GCN
yeah no fuck off fag

Yeah, but it's not good.

I love Mothra

I wish Mothra was my girlfriend. Thinks would be different.

Attached: 1559436987730.jpg (1024x768, 91K)

more or less a new destroy all monsters game, but it would need tighter, more responsive controls and they would need adjust the camera to make the monsters look as big as they are supposed to be. The camera in the old games made them look small like a bunch of action figures running around on a playset

Mecha Kong vs Mecha Godzilla

Attached: mechani_kong_vs__mechagodzilla_by_fourgreen-d2i3ux0.jpg (800x519, 145K)

God I hate how cute they made Ghidora in the movie. Not in a "I want to fuck him" cute. Just in like a, "Damn, his actions are cute"

Make it a wrassling game. Get Ultraman in the mix.

Attached: 1559365088248.jpg (1280x722, 100K)

>Not in a "I want to fuck him" cute.
It's ok. There's no judgement here

No seriously, it was more stuff like this

They need to build up to him. He can be like the Thanos of the Godzilla movies.

if modern godzilla is the biggest one, how tall is the 3 head monster?

I felt bad for Leftie.

Attached: 1559361987941.png (860x1140, 364K)

I got emotional when I heard her theme.

Attached: godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-king-ghidorah.jpg (2349x1200, 446K)

o god I was hoping this would be a thing

youtube.com/watch?v=XHOX1Ivyz7k
youtube.com/watch?v=3IyKMdF32EE

I've heard inconsistent information

does ghidorah have his wierd-ass giggling/beeping noises at all in the movie

It's not super prominent, but you can hear it in certain places.

Ghidorah edit for this when?

Attached: grayons.png (558x614, 45K)

They all have bits of their old noises. I fucking loved it.

It happens, but it's deeper back in his throat(s) and underneath more regular roaring and hissing, so it's subtle. I was happy I could at least recognize it.

>Mmm electrons

Shazam made over three times its budget and got good critical reception.
Whatever your definition of bombed is, well, it's wrong.

Anarchy Reigns but with Godzilla

The GoW style beat em' up fits a King Kong game more than it would Godzilla

Attached: KONGSKULLISLANDposter.jpg (1880x3000, 672K)

Render the entirety of earth, keep it low res since godzilla as huge and you couldnt see it that close, each continent has a different monster to fight

Why do people care so much about boxoffice shit?
Like I enjoyed endgame but I couldn't care less if it's making more shekels than king of monsters or john wick 3

Because low box office means no sequels.

Above all things else, you gotta make sure to put in best girl and best monster.

I didn't realize we had so many men of fine taste here.

It's there if you know what to listen for. They packed the movie full of little details like that, it was great.

Attached: 1393407055609.jpg (800x573, 425K)

So how will they set up an even fight between Kong and Godzilla? I know Kong wasn’t fully grown in skull island, but all he really has going for him is his size where Godzilla has nuclear lazor beams

She's such a good girl. Gotta say, the big man's theme was kino.
>when the violins kick in
youtube.com/watch?v=vm7Eyh5vCXg
Holy shit.

Not exactly, most anons use it to gauge quality in solely based on a numbers scale.

Kong is much faster and has better technique. Not that it matters, they will only fight for a little bit before they team up for whatever the big bad is.

I was just discussing this with my friend.
It's a fucking giant gorilla, like lmfao. How do you actually make that comparable to Ghidora.

Attached: 1531879814061.jpg (1200x927, 122K)

Rad flick.
Weird how everyone either really loves it or absolutely fucking hates it.

It needs to be close but Kong needs to adapt into fighting Goji rather than blasting harder or hitting harder.
It has to be a close fight with Goji winning every encounter until Kong manages to pull through in the finish line
I know Goji has mountains of fans towering over Kong's but I hope they make Kong win as per tradition.

Attached: KongHiptoss.gif (450x193, 974K)

I want an Ace Combat game but with kaiju bosses. F-35 a shit

opposable thumbs nigga

My mum went to see it with my little brother. He absolutely fucking loved it but my mum said it was the worst movie she'd seen since Transformers 2. I dunno about this one lads.

I mean the thing is, I don't think Kong could survive a fucking nuke the way Godzilla uses it to level up. And on top of that, Godzilla can always pull the Burning Godzilla shit he did in the movie. So even if Kong is faster and can adapt, Godzilla is also shown to be able to adapt, and I feel like it will come into play. But I guess also as said, there's going to be a big-baddie in there anyway. At the very least, Mecha Ghidorah's almost certainly inevitable.

Toho wasn't going to renew the license with Legendary anyway. GvK is going to be last even if this movie did really well

They'll probably have a scuffle but then team up to fight a big bad. Hopefully it's /ourgirl/ and /ourrose/.

When all the fighters spin around to fight Rodan off was cool af.

I would make a strategy game where you play the Kaiju Response Force tasked with protecting the world from kaiju.

Starting out with basic modern military equipment, you'd be sent in in somewhat X-COMish gameplay where your forces are pitted against gigantic kaiju, swarms of little minions and sometimes aliens directing the monsters, with the goal of keeping civilians safe while finding some way to stop the titanic terrors.

The gimmick of the game would be that every kaiju would be procedurally generated, with a unique name, basic powerset, appearance based on hundreds of potential subspecies, and goals (make a nest, find a nest, FUCK SHIT UP, anything a kaiju may want.)

You wouldn't be killing a kaiju in a single sortie, every one would be persistent and have a presence on the world map where they'd emerge and you'd have to keep track of them and find means to hurt them, whittling them down over time. The ways to do this would be extremely varied and up to player choice:
>Develop missiles that can bore through their skin
>Make contracts with peaceful kaiju to gain their assistance
>Find deceased kaiju and construct mechs from their bones
The list goes on and on. You could even just wait for kaiju to meet one another and sit back to watch them duke it out.

Total freedom in kaiju-fighting fun would be my goal. Win or lose, have fun stepping in the shoes of those poor motherfuckers that in every kaiju film get sent to duke it out with beasts a thousand times their size. Ideally, you could get free DLC to import actual kaiju like Godzilla and Toho's monsters, Gamera, Pacific Rim kaiju, the Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, King Kong, and so on.

youtube.com/watch?v=_8IQFyoxCxs

Attached: Godzilla Zilla.jpg (3840x2952, 1.52M)

EDF has attack helicopters vs kaiju.
Not the same as jets but still bretty fun.

>tfw no friends to watch this movie in theatres

Attached: Liquid.jpg (614x614, 116K)

Guys, can I tell you what this movie showed me?How badly I want to have a moth gf. God(no pun intended), I can't stop thinking about it. The fluffiness, the beautiful wing span, the eyes she will give me when we make love. Why does life have to torture me with the knowledge of what I want but can't have? It's...just not fair Bros...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

It would feel like a cop out considering the amount of nostalgia and callbakcs they fueled KotM with.
Just make Kong win, he was literally one of the major inspirations for Goji.

Attached: Kong_Skull_Island_Monkeys_516860_1080x1920.jpg (1080x1920, 769K)

Dating sim.

Attached: 61711346_2323754554329335_4419586901669838848_o.jpg (868x1024, 54K)

After the shitshow that was PR2 and its director fucking up despite saying that he watched Ultraman and stuff, it surprised me how the director of KotM "gets" the point of kaiju movies and giant heroes. Composer is also based despite having a name that seems like he should be eating worms in a survival reality show or something.

A more in depth into the breach would be neat.

I like the idea of a God of War or DMC styled kaiju game. The big issue is the kaiju size, you'd have to be smaller than the buildings if you wanted to make it interesting. Otherwise everything is pretty much a flat plane that you're in.

iktf

Attached: F683F5AB-B7A7-4325-9069-1A212AE2C39A.jpg (680x995, 120K)

I’m genuinely surprised someone hasn’t made a kaiju dating sim yet

Excuse me but you will find the correct best monster here.

Attached: D7aj3FXVsAENmLY.jpg (1457x2048, 738K)

Everyone please see the new movie it's really really good and everyone I know who's seen it wants them to make more, but Warner Bros sucks at promoting movies so no one is seeing it

Attached: 1532577285925.png (1056x1200, 709K)

Source on Toho not wanting to renew?
Also I've heard Warner wants to buy stake in toho

they will have kong and godzilla fight and then have them team up to kill Mecha Ghidorah

Based Toho not letting China dictate the future of Godzilla.

I've been making everyone I know see it

Attached: sketch-1559346575352.png (1738x1440, 331K)

I guess it will be STR vs DEX until Bio Ghidorah shows up.

Attached: 1476247558087.jpg (984x1771, 294K)

Stop!
If they would've made a film like that they would've used the Three-Headed Monster as a backbone since that perfectly displays Mothra as the protector of humanity rather than Goji whose sole purpose is to just fight other monsters like Rodan until she convinces them both to fight Ghidorah.
Goji being a "good" guy never sat well with me.

Godzilla is more END, I don't know if he's stronger than a gorilla of that size with the ability to put his entire weight into a single punch.

Yeah, but in the majority of the movies he's been in, he's a good guy. I feel the same way about Michael Myers and Laurie Strode being brother and sister. It might not be the original intent but it's how people remember it, and so many good stories have been told on that premise that it might as well be the case.

This but with normal controls and add Hedorah

Attached: Unleashed_cover_art.jpg (256x361, 32K)

>Make the Mothra sections feel like Ace Combat
but your objective in ace combat is NOT to die

Attached: Blob.png (698x543, 224K)

It's a personal opinion, which is why I'm lukewarm with Legendary's take on the creature.
On the other hand, I fucking loved Shin.

finance.yahoo.com/news/godzilla-owner-toho-poised-expansion-084125893.html
bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3499850/toho-ditching-shin-godzilla-2-favor-massive-kaiju-filled-cinematic-universe/

If they were to renew license, they wouldn't be able to make as many movies as they hope to do. Currently the deal is that no live action movies can be made between the studios until 2 years have passed. This is something that can be changed if a license is renewd. And with a US expansion Toho is looking to be more directly involved with their own movies. I don't see any source about Warner wanting a stake in TOHO.

>bombs
they are 80m dolar movies that made half a million each
infinity war and endgame were 500m dolar movies so the NEED to break a billion to even break even.

I like them both but Biollante feels like he could work in the Monsterverse. Hedorah would need a movie or two before he could be introduced in a serious end of the world tone.

Doesn't that thing want Godzilla's cock?

so this is the power of friendship...

unleashed is better

Attached: meat.png (640x485, 409K)

Kong has the most OP power:

He has Actual Functioning Hands that can do cool stuff like hold things and pick up other things.

In the original fight, Kong literally pulls a tree out of the ground and stuffs that shit right down Gojira's throat and Gojira just had to sit and take it like a little bitch until his fire breath charged up cause it's not like he can use his little stubs to push Chad Kong off him

I'm surprised with how well they did Ghidorah

>Monster Zero
>From space

Didn't expect that at all. This movie felt like a love letter to the series and did a great job respecting the source material. I'm still amazed America is actually making good Godzilla movies now considering how god awful '98 was.

Attached: 1546959906137.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Legendary is Chinese.

Any cheap merch recommendations for Godzilla, Mothra, and Ghidorah?

I was thinking of small, but quality figures or plush.

Selling a license and getting a percentage revenue is free cash which can be used for expansion

>Western director
>Western artists
>Western scripts
>Western designs
>Western cast
>IDS CHINESE DO XDDD

Who's smarter between Kong and Godzilla?

He's a Xilien
>Long live the King

Attached: Charles-Dance-and-Ghidorah-in-Godzilla-King-of-the-Monsters.jpg (1400x700, 153K)

mothra better not fucking die in this movie

I'm just saying.

How would Normal Godzilla fair against Shin? The same way he dealt with Destoroyah?

Attached: shin-godzilla.jpg (1300x648, 99K)

>that way he kept feeling his skin while inside the elevator

I half expected him to start blinking & showing alien eyes

Attached: sweating cloud.png (1200x1183, 696K)

I was looking too but anything small with Ghidorah is like a chunk of gold plastic

open world with factions

>monarch plays like a world wide grand strategy game where you can zoom in and command armies to support or fight kaiju

>kaiju act in different capacities. I.E. mothra acts as a healer to godzilla while doing some dps

>godzilla has hunt and destroy instincts to hunt down the top kaiju

>ghidora has to take on godzilla and monarch but can convert enemy kaiju one by one.

Any city can be invaded as a kaiju

Both of them have shown feats of learning but I'm going to give my money on Kong since he's the "human" character.

fuck kong. He is tiny as fuck and cannot spit fire.

I hope its a completely one sided fight and kong gets utterly beat the fuck down.

I saw that Wal-Mart had an exclusive toy line. I think they sell two in a box for $14 or so.

It's definitely not the worst, but I feel l could find better

Well first I would turn him into a monster girl

Attached: dd4rbwr-78460792-8eca-41db-b9cb-c4f6f1c4d788.jpg (1242x600, 483K)

Depends on the Godzilla. Post-KotM I'm confident in saying that Legendary Godzilla has a very slight edge on Shin. In the sense that were a crossover between the two a plot, Legendary would be the big hero they throw against Shin and nearly gets killed, but the humans find an opening to give him that wins him the fight. Burning Godzilla would fuck Shin outright, as would most Heisei Zillas, because his biggest weakness is something that can outright obliterate him such as beamspam.

Bandai MonsterArts is the absolute best for Godzilla figs, well worth the price

Attached: 2019-06-03 23.29.11.jpg (2576x1932, 1.25M)

VR Rampage. Smash tanks, climb and destroy buildings, eat people, and beat the shit out of other Titans. Shame there's not really a good foot tracking system but maybe a simple anklet accessory could work with outside-in tracking systems.

Lol

they could always just alter the liscense.

just remake Destroy All Monsters

Are you an aussie?

The new ghidora figure looks better. (unless is that it?)

Fuck I want it so bad, but I dont have the extra 200 bucks for it.

When he regenerated his head, I thought they might bring it up. Surprised they did and went the whole hog but the whole thing was fucking ace.
>original monster noises
>mothra theme
>og godzilla theme
>"goodbye...old friend..."

Get out Aussie

I have no idea why my phone posted that upside down, I rarely use this thing for taking pictures, let alone posting on Yea Forums.

That's the special poster edition of the old Ghidorah, which is why it has 3 colored gravity beams. It's also the OG Mechagodzilla.

some day I will get this one. That mechagodzilla is cool looking though.

Attached: a347cca7-4246-4c0a-b82d-6b092a965cfe.jpg (1000x662, 68K)

If Toho doesn't keep letting Legendary make movies, then I'm not watching Godzilla movies anymore. I wasn't entertained by resurgence at all, and I just don't care about Toho's rubber suits.
I'm not sorry.

Attached: basedvillager.png (370x370, 16K)

gtfo and don't come back.

Yes. I would love to get those, but I don't have the real estate nor the balls to sink that kind of dough into it

Assuming Shin does die and completely. If he doesn't, well shit tend to get real with that whole adapting ability, something Destoroyah wouldn't pull off.

Attached: dc90ubh-1bd588d3-1701-4ec8-a7c1-a34e8b8b4d20.jpg (720x960, 114K)

Buy it now if you can, every single one of the Godzilla line's figures are vastly more expensive after they sell out.

Shin and KotM are absolute kino.

Attached: cropped-shin.png (1920x1080, 3.33M)

You're right, but if there's one thing I trust to kick Evil Godzilla's ass, it's Neutral Godzilla when he wants to just get shit over with so he can go home and nap.

Shin Godzilla was great, practical effects are good and Japan sucks at CG.
Legendary's movies are also great. Anyone that doesn't agree with these things isn't a real Godzilla fan.

>fucked up proportions makes it struggle to get up after falls and prevents it from doing shit up close
>it ignores literally all new threats until after they make a move that either fazes or injures it
>its trump card is a beam of atomic energy
>all this Vs a monster that treats atomic energy as caffeine while always trying to fight up close and personal
Shin would struggle hard in a fight with another Goji

Attached: 43wtrg.png (623x499, 173K)

Zilla 2, this time we do it right because that design is good if you flat out say it's just a different breed of super lizards

why are you people excited for kong vs godzila
we both know kong will win but before kong goes for the kill godzila will say "you got save mothra" and they both become friends and fight mecha godzila

This concept but with a AAA budget

Attached: City_Shrouded_in_Shadow_-_Box_art.png (1101x1218, 2.49M)

Everyone literally wants Godzilla to win this time around to "correct the record".

Good kino twist if you ask me.

The movie made more this weekend in Japan than Shin did. Even the Japanese prefer Hollywood Godzilla.

she could always move she does a fucking terrfying charge in here movie

Why not just go alone?

I want Gojira to smother me between her boobs

>Kong carries an injured but heavy Godzilla like a weapon to direct his blast at Mecha Godzilla
>this sears Kong's whole arms and when the dust settles both of them are lying on the ground.

I like zillas movie enough if you ignore the title
Its not great but is alright, just not what anyone would want out of a godzilla film(except the jackass who directed it)

>he
user biollante is a she

If true, doesn't surprise me. I have to agree with this user the older films are all incredibly goofy and impossible for me to take seriously. Shin is probably the only practical effects Godzilla I've ever enjoyed.

Which of Ghidorah's heads is a girl

Attached: Godzilla_King_of_the_Monsters_Ghidorah_poster_Clear_keyart.jpg (2000x2964, 570K)

That's just your primate bias talking.

I want Godzilla and his petfriends against Cthulhu and the Old Ones so fucking bad.

user, we're both primates.

Middle

Attached: D8EfPYfU8AEwgu1.png (1334x990, 1.42M)

the director flat out said the movie isn't going to be like the OG Kong vs Goji and will have a deliberate winner.
And they can't save mothra when she's already dead. The egg found at the end is Battra's

His nose was also basically sideways in the post credits.

Why isn't the Ghidorah triplets taller than Godzilla?
Do they climb on top of each other?

>mothra
>dying for real
oh you sweet summer child
we all know mothra is imortal

Jesus Christ, humanizations are so fucking gay.

Attached: 1555004636242.jpg (351x351, 22K)

Yes, but that doesn't mean we can't recognize and check our biases whilst discussing possible kaiju beat-em-ups

Attached: maxresdefault.png (1280x720, 1.06M)

To anyone that's never watched the original one, I highly recommend it. It surprisingly still holds up exceptionally well.

Attached: 220px-Gojira_1954_Japanese_poster.jpg (220x309, 45K)

>Baphomet
>Typhoon
>Abaddon
>Leviathan
>Sargon
>Bunyip
>Quetzalcoatl
>Tiamat
>Mokele-mbembe

You can pick 2 (TWO) of the above new monsters to cameo in GvK. The rest will only have a chance at appearing if a Godzilla 3 happens.
What are your choices?

I just love the idea of a smaller yet just as a dangerious version of Godzilla with a velociraptor-like approach to kaiju fights

ikr that pic almost fucking ruined the new movie for me

>the gonorrhea "joke"

Attached: 1558640150317.jpg (500x322, 16K)

Isn't the thing about shin that it's constantly evolving/adapting?
It would probably get wrecked the first couple of fights but would eventually mutate into a form that would give its opponent a lot of trouble

Mecha Shiva! Mecha Shiva!

That would've been fine but the post specified God of War, you and I both know that King Kong is more suited to gore creatures twice his size with their own horns and snap their necks while being outnumbered.
Hell, even the climbing would be a perfect fit.

I need to see what the fuck Baphomet looks like. I need to see a literal demon, child of man.

So why was there Katakana writing of Godzilla's name engraved on an ancient sunken city that was presumably somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean?

Attached: 1380995984974.png (1306x1554, 1.45M)

Baphomet and Quetzalcoatl.

Attached: hakkar.jpg (757x681, 456K)

>yfw Mothra will help spawn a new wave of moth waifus

Attached: tenor.gif (434x248, 557K)

>When someone reposts the thing you made

The best feeling, KoTM just keeps on giving me smiles.

Dont post this ever again, please.

That guy and the Rick wannabe were completely unnecessary and did nothing for the movie. I could even tolerate La Goblina compared to those chuckleschmucks.

>tfw haven't seen the movie and if Mothra dies or not

I was just disappointed we didn't see a Beetle carved into a wall, because Seatopia is the only classic underwater Godzilla civilization.

Because they were lazy and didn't want to come up with an alternate alphabet based off ancient forms of writing.

youtube.com/watch?v=lOO8Um_jmLI

Attached: what a time to be alive.gif (626x462, 1.26M)

You might wanna close the thread now before someone tries to spoil you.

My apologies. I hope this is more to your taste.

Attached: 9wj5cxuqfdw21.jpg (2000x1095, 274K)

you just know

No wonder he got chopped off by Godzilla

Attached: 22678903.099999994_063.jpg (1000x800, 191K)

How much for these two figures?

Please no, that turns me on.

>godzila
>not wearing a hawaian shirt
one job

Yaaaaah, you right user

Assuming they are priced similarly to comparable figs of the line, and both are still available, probably 160-200 for Ghidorah and 70-120 for Godzilla.

When's my nigga Gamera gonna show up?

He fell asleep during viewing the premiere lol

Atlantis is the Tower of Babel, I suppose

They mention that the architecture and writings looked to be inspired by a bunch of different ancient civilizations.

Once it sank, the civilization broke off into different tribes around the world.

Makes no sense historically, but it's a neat idea.

You guys are nintendofags right? I can only imagine how much of manchild you would have to be to consider this movie good by any stretch.The only good part was how cool Ghidorah looked, everything else was mediocre or garbage cinema.

it probably wouldn't get the chance to evolve. its adaptions take time to develop and will knock it out of commission for a few days if the change is drastic.Even then, monsterverse Godzilla chases its opponents across the globe, so it has to somehow mange to get away from that before it even begins to consider evolving

are there any gamera references in the atlantis section? there fucking has to be some

How would they fare against Godzilla?

Attached: rampage.jpg (800x450, 89K)

Human sections like Shadow of the Colossus, maybe.

I think that's just his natural face

Seatopia>Atlantis, where my boy Megalon?

>PVP
>fun to play
choose only one.

>mfw Godzilla put Ghidorah's severed head in his mouth, then filled it with his atomic breath until it exploded

Attached: 1546666673036.png (263x363, 251K)

There were no practical effects in Shin, it was all CG. They just went with a very practical aesthetic.
Shin is also actual kino and far, far better than KotM.

Shin>>>>>Skull Island>>KotM>Godzilla '14

Would probably get shitstomped, even if they worked together. If this image is any kind of indication, they're really not that large. Unless we're going by Rampage movie depiction, which I haven't seen.

Attached: rampage-arcade-720x720.jpg (720x541, 88K)

Sorry sweaty, but the contrast between 1954 and kotm's Serizawas alone made the movie kino

I don't think they wanted to risk pissing off Toho

I'm browsing these right now, will probably have the money in a few days to get them. I'm wondering whether I should get anything other than the $70 Godzilla figure and the $180 Ghidorah figure, are any of the other Godzilla figures worth adding in?

They're quite a bit bigger in the film but still probably dwarfed by 'zilla.

Attached: ralph.jpg (1273x740, 220K)

>MUH ANNO
>UHHH ITS SO DEEP
Retard.

His definition is the same one Yea Forums uses: If it makes less than $1 billion, it’s a flop.

>Baphomet
Some sort of demented ungulate kaiju would be neat-o.
>Leviathan or Tiamat
Primordial sea monsters.

Attached: The Book of the Great Sea Dragons by Thomas Hawkins.jpg (1199x810, 176K)

Don't respond to such obvious bait. It's not worth your time.

I went for the SH godzilla figure myself, but some people are saying the neca gives it a run and its almost half the price. I think the ghidora figure is all we are going to get, but it looks fucking amazing desu.

Some of the older SH monster figures are pretty cool. I like the shin gojira SH monster figure personally, as well as the 62' and 64'

>kino

Like how these days you know if a movie's fans on here keep using this term endlessly, the movie is actually shit. Only the most sad, defensive fanbases do this. Thats why Kingdom Hearts fags threw this term around when 3 dropped too, even though its a game.

If the ORCA worked in the way the movie led us to believe, why didn't they turn it on, draw attention, and then turn it off and run away to a new location and just keep cycling that forever?

So I take it SH and NECA are both quality figure sellers, then? I'm new to the idea of buying figures, but if there's one thing I want to get in on, it's Godzilla stuff.

He's in.

Attached: gekido-jin.jpg (1172x1832, 1.6M)

I am pretty new too. There is a thread up on /toy/ discussing it though.

Ghidora is 180 and Goji is 70.

Attached: g2014.jpg (709x1000, 486K)

Alright queers. Which Godzilla movies are must watch. I watched a ton when I was a retarded kid but don't remember what. I've seen the shitty Matthew Broderick one, 2014, the Evangelion one, and I'm going to see KotM soon.
Post essential Godzilla kino

Attached: 15854776339276.jpg (2660x2072, 633K)

Ah okay, I'll go inquire there, then, thanks.

I don't know what kind of drugs the critics are on
>Big G smokes Ghidora's somehow-roaring-living-head before atomizing him
>Serizawa
>oxygen destroyer successor
>every Mothra scene
>Ghidora bring flat out evil but also the best kaiju with all it's head antics
>Rodan vs the first air detail
>Ghidora's appearance in the storm
>that kino scene of Ghidora and Godzilla staring each other down as the aircraft falls around them in flames
>both party chargeups
>Godzilla turning burning mode into a powerup instead of his end
Absolutely fucking ace action.

>I'll show you who's king of these monsters

Attached: 4859623.jpg (400x303, 14K)

Gojira is a genuinely fantastic film. Everything that comes after might be fun, enjoyable, or hilarious, but the original is straight up good cinema.
Megalon is top tier of so bad it's good, Biollante is the best serious take on the established Kaiju fight formula, Mechagodzilla is my personal favorite non Gojira of the bunch. Destroyah, GMK and King Kong are all worth a watch, Final Wars is the ultimate popcorn Godzilla experience.

I hate to say it but probably a MOBA would do best for how different every monster is in terms of locomotion and abilities and size etc. I'd play it and those are my least favorite genre.

Attached: JPEG_20190603_144138.png (129x167, 44K)

Opposable thumbs

It kind of depends on what you want. The SHM will be more poseable (but not that much more), and likely have a more matte finish. It will also be made of softer, rubbier plastic. The NECA will be less poseable and probably glossier, and use a harder plastic. My recommendation is to try and look at the NECA in person, and pick it up if you think it looks alright. If you aren't satisfied, you can always return it and get the SHM. I preferred the SHM G54 to the NECA one but they're very comparable.

>he doesn't know about the singles policy
have fun in the popcorn mines.

Kind of wish i would've seen it in theaters just because of the sound but there's nothing more comfy than watching multiple movies at the drive in with a cooler of beer

Fuck this is exactly what I needed, thank you

Is NECA stuff typically around in hobby stores?

I want Kong to win so they'll finally call him King Kong.

Yes, it's an American company so they're pretty easy to find.

>So how will they set up an even fight between Kong and Godzilla?
Godzilla swims everywhere. So Godzilla swims to Skull Island for whatever reason and Kong gets pissed and defends his turf.

A game where you have to survive Godzilla showing up and fighting another kaiju, while also managing to get out before the city gets fucking nuked.

Which of the Millennium Series is worth watching?

I want his tiny little monkey as to build up to about 20 minutes into the movie, we get the battle between kong and godzilla. They run at eachother than godzilla just grabs tiny little kangz when he jumps in the air at godzilla, hold him down, and roasts him for a 30 seconds on screen turning him into a stain. The movie then surpise pivots to 60 minutes of godzilla battling a secretly release mecha godzilla.

Holy shit, no other way to end the movie now.

Unless Toho somehow extends the contract and then we get Godzilla and Kong smacking around Mecha King Ghidora

No. They made this game and it was fucking dog shit

it's just a huge series of boss fights where you are the boss and the goal is to inflict as much damage as possible while fighting off the military and other giant monsters. You can choose whatever monster you want to play out of a pool of the classic godzilla monsters. You go from continent to continent and just smash shit up and fight monsters and collecting shit to unlock new abilities so you can do even more crazy destructive shit like fire huge ass energy blasts and summon lightning and shit. Beating the game lets you replay as any of the monsters in the game.
Then you could do PVP where you select whatever monster you want and fight in a bigass city against each other and the military.

Fully destructable environment.

I've always disagreed with Final War's placement here. It's a fucking over the top action film, like Platninum games designed a godzilla movie; just having it off of "even more MORE goofy" or "I love alien invasion stories" is misleading

I also think there should be a line straight from 54 to GMK as "I like godzilla as a political allegory/as a villiain", which should also then tie into shin.

gmk, the kiryu movies and final wars
2000 is a boring slog with the dumbest ending i've ever seen in a movie (but it has good kaiju action)

>kong "tiny gorilla dick"
>goji "this isn't my tail"
When will they learn.

I like 2000, I think it has one of the better human stories in the series

Motra is good girl and not a monster.

So how was the Rampage movie, anyway?

Honestly, given the quality of the monster design in the 2019 film, I would be super fucking hype to see how they design a mecha godzilla or ghidorah

Ah okay, I can probably find some time later this week to go find a store and take a look, then. Thanks for the input.

But make it actually good.
Imagine a part of it where you have to walk through a kaiju's corpse. There's no light besides what you have on you, blood flows through it like rivers, and it's terrifying all around.

like in the Peter Jackson game?

We already have zilla

The movie infuriates me with so many cuts to people reacting in horror to Godzilla. Just let us watch the damn monsters fight without constant interrupting us with humans looking scared. I dont give a shit about dad missing his family plot in a monster movie

Corny shlock, but I thought it was entertaining for what it was.
Really depends on how much you can tolerate the rock.

2000. Everything else in millennium is skippable. GMK is extremely overrated and has some of the most egregious jobbing in the franchise. Kiryu movies are fine if you really like MechaGodzilla. Final Wars doesn't want to be a Godzilla movie but still has some cuhrazy moments

Quetzalkinotl and mokele mbembe

Attached: mokele mbembe african cryptid.jpg (480x360, 47K)

>I guess he really was..... King Kong.
Really, faggots?

First godzilla movie is it?

Abaddon and Sargon.

Attached: abaddon.jpg (250x246, 35K)

Shin Godzilla at least have disaster committees react with further planning instead of endess scared reaction cuts

>How would you make a good Godzilla game?
Here's my take and I think it's pretty good

Godzilla goes around different towns asking people what they need help with and he helps them, like planting crops or in one town, firemen need his help to put out a huge fire and to rescue kids trapped inside a burning building
As he helps out people in a town and gets stuff done, he encounters one of his usual antagonists and they have to battle it out at the town's local Karaoke bar or some other kind of competition
Later in the game, Godzilla eventually gets to pick and choose which of the towns he wants call his "hometown" and he can customize it in various ways, and he can even run small businesses
End of the game happens when Godzilla finishes fixing everything that needs fixing in the whole region

This game will deliver a true Godzilla experience to kids of a new generation!

Attached: Godzilla RPG.png (765x613, 22K)

KOTM takes place over three huge areas miles and miles and miles away from each other. Shin Godzilla only takes place in one place. There is no World Government to stop the disasters. You're following a small team of people.

>At the end godzilla destroys everything built and kills everyone
Kino

Fuck you. I know you're joking, but I'd love a monster raising game featuring godzilla and friends.

Daily reminder you can EMP'd Godzirra hit him with emp harpoons and it will die. Untill a new one shows up. Because Godzilla is Earth immune system.

Its still useless interruption that detracts from main action. I dont need to get reminded how scared they are in every monster fight

To each their own. I think the human interruption for the first Rodan appearance really enhanced the scene. The only time I noticeably disliked it a bit was during the final fight.

it's not a joke, there's been an actual cute godzilla show

Attached: tumblr_pjudk44P561ux5cn4o2_400[1].gif (385x288, 989K)

wat
no

He giveth and he taketh.

Its especially annoying during Ghidorah's awakening where they had to cut to the exact same shot of the same main guy looking scared several times in a row

I will never not be happy when people get introduced to Godzilla's theme. Its so fucking good.

The movie felt rushed to me. I don't mean there was too much action; the fights were very satisfying. It jumped around too quickly and didn't give enough exposition to certain things. I feel like it would've been better off as a pair of movies. One where the bad guys are waking up monsters, with the finale being Godzilla losing to Ghidorah. Then the second film would be Ghidorah causing the other monsters to rampage while the humans figure out how to stop him.

Godzilla arena fighter, just like some of the past ones were. Also name a more kino scene than this in the Godzilla franchise.

Attached: Ghidorah Kino.jpg (1200x801, 110K)

All of them.

Godzilla is a monster

Attached: giphy.gif (404x300, 485K)

none of them bombed you idiot

also KoM opened 1st in Japan and its earnings beat Shin's. Japan, really, really loves KoM.

Attached: 1559615592020.jpg (1076x1075, 649K)

For starters, this would be the playable roster.
Green is DLC

Attached: godzilla fighter roster.png (2400x1100, 3.32M)

Why? You'd think they would find it extremely offensive and distasteful.

>autism-dorah managed to survive

Liked it but it was a bit too tacky, they also overused that shot in later parts of the movie whenever they were inside the ship and had that SAME shot in the computers, broke immersion a bit.

My vote goes to Shin Godzilla´s atomic breath shot, when he´s done and walking towards the camera with flames, or when Godzilla is "shut down" while there is a sunset in the BG.

leakerkun in /m/ posted initial pitch, not sure if it still holds up tho

Im so glad I'm not the only one who is appreciating Ghidora's characterization.

EXCELLENT roster, user. Replace KiryuGoji with Heisei though. Heisei babies control the market.

>distasteful

nigga they all post gojixmothra stuff and kept making ghidorah lefty cuteness

What does Yea Forums think of the animated movies particularly Godzilla 3 Planet Eater?
Im surprised they make the entire movie into a snoozefest with Ghidorah chomping on Godzilla then the two does literally nothing but stand in place for the rest of the movie. Majority of the scenes are humanoids giving speeches on pretentious philosophy

gotta main my boy jaguar

Attached: 1447440418429.jpg (499x283, 16K)

>4 (FOUR) Godzillas

SAKURAI

Yeah but there's literally a scene of an Asian man talking about fortune cookies. He may as well have worn a straw hat and told the audience he ruv us rong time.

Yeah, I know about that. I just felt like Heisei Goji is really overused and I'm sure Japanese fans may be getting tired of the design too.

It's most likely dubbed there and it most likely sounded sarcastic (which was probably the original intention).

This.

Literally saw it in theaters in Japan and it was packed.

Afterwards everyone rushed the merch stand and was buying the art books for like 4000 yen a pop.

My friends were talking about how there were so many shots you could use as a nice wallpaper. This was the first one we said collectively was the most godlike one.

>Jet Jaguar but no Megalon
Cmon user, Megalon is top tier Kaju design.

That PS3 game already is the better adaptation the Godzilla franchise will ever have in vidya, even the low budget look of the japanese movies were perfectly captured in that game.

>tfw knowing Varan replaced Bagan in Unleashed
i'm not really a varan hater but what the absolute fuck

Attached: 1923741234.png (350x350, 315K)

I already love Ghidorah but man KoM really made him shine. I actually love all the kaiju in the film because they have moments.

Attached: 1559608294297.png (849x1920, 1.01M)

God damn it, you're right. Should've done him instead of Gabara.

Attached: 1551116578264.png (163x175, 78K)

Wasted Potential: the trilogy

>no Megalon
>but has Mecha Gigan

for what reason?

It's honestly a Showa-era Godzilla made in modern times. It's made with labor of love.

Godzilla date simmulator.

So this might be a weird question. What exactly was Rodan's motivation? I know this is a stupid question, but he just seemed like kind of an asshole. First he fights with Ghidorah, then he starts soaring around Ghidorah like they're on the same side, then he fights with Mothra, and then he bows to Godzilla. What does this stupid flying asshole even want?

he's a m*xican

He was the mook of the movie, they used him to react to the "alpha call" mechanic and demonstrate what it does.

If you're not strong enough to lead, kiss ass to he who is.

they'll just resume what they're doing, also smarter kaiju like Ghidorah caught on

he's a starscream-type character, he wants to be the alpha but gets put in his place by the actual alphas

he was woken up by cunt mom
then he fights ghidorah and is like shit this nigga is stronk and oww sound frequencies and becomes ghidorah's lackey
he fights mothra because they are fighting for different causes
then he bows to gojira because he became the big dicked alpha king after he shit on ghidorah's stupid ass

Is shin godzilla the best godzilla movie?

They're utter shit. Just about the worst possible outcome, really. I almost fell asleep during the first movie and then never even thought about watching the sequels. I don't know how anyone makes those and goes "ah, yes, this is a good thing that people will enjoy" because I don't think anyone could possibly like them.

He's usually the "anti hero character who joins the mc at the end" in these movies. They explain that after Ghidora became the alpha predator of Earth after usurping Godzilla, that he submitted to Ghidora

it's definitely up there

>Godzilla's friends!
>and Ghidorah

This

>that one review who uses food analogy so well
>Shin Godzilla was made with domestic tastes, like one of the best sushi in the world. KoM was made with international tastes like hamburger, but with the finest ingredients in the world.

Never has a food analogy review made me tear up.

I would create a game with a ton fighting that has a ton of attacks, scenery that's glorious and beautiful and make it a game with an original story.
I would personally use something like the Resident Evil Engine for the realistic and awesome designs in it.
It would be akin to a hack and slash, an RPG and a beat-em-up rolled into one.
You get to play as more than one character in their own story (by character I mean a Kaiju), each play very differently and very uniquely.

Kong is great at improvising. Bring on a Kong fighting game like Savage Quest only against a field of giant enemies.

ass kisser

it says a lot when tow of the 3 writers said that they were told to NOT make a godzilla movie and that the third writer that knew nothing about godzilla

I really really really really like well made hamburgers.

I could see GvK playing out like this
>Kotm says that some monsters are migrating to skull island
>Kong is pissed because of this and wants to see who's in charge of these monsters
>Kong finds out it’s Godzilla and they end up fighting
>then some kaiju boss (mecha Ghidorah or Destroyah) comes in
> they work together with new mothra, Rodan, and the other monsters to defeat the boss
>Godzilla dies for real this time and Kong becomes the next king, “King Kong”

Attached: 2EB9DF4D-8C1D-4AB3-B8EA-7913C69B77AC.jpg (1200x631, 161K)

>biolante
Such a boring fucking movie, fuck that.

It didn't AAA budget it needed a competent dev team

>that time when Kong went Voltes V

CHODENJI GOMAAAAAAAAA

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Humanized lesbian horseshow porn is pretty great

Attached: kvg.gif (500x280, 2.09M)

Attached: 1559579670380.gif (680x630, 3.29M)

And then we'll have MECHAGODZILLA

Badass

It's simple. Just include the Heisei design of godzilla and sweep legendary amerifat design under the rug

Attached: file.png (900x857, 2.03M)

>heiseifag

>Kong is pissed because of this and wants to see who's in charge of these monsters

Attached: WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY SWAMP.png (1220x684, 1.23M)

>no Mecha Ghidorah

Final Wars is one of the best bad movies ever made.

S O U L

Based Kaiju Shrek remake

He was already King Kong in Skull Island though. They didn't actually call him that but John C Reilly calls him the king of the island.

That's not Rodan's personality at all though. He was always a friend of Godzilla. Fuck, he gave his life to make Godzilla stronger when he fought Mechagodzilla! They're best friends!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)