Is Death Stranding the epitome of why open world games suck? Just look at how empty the world is. People trash Ubisht...

Is Death Stranding the epitome of why open world games suck? Just look at how empty the world is. People trash Ubisht, Bethesda and others over shit like this and yet they give Death Stranding a pass?

This game is 100% why open world has become a shit genre.

Attached: file.png (1653x817, 1.07M)

Can someone post the brit delivery men fighting each other? That is basically what this game is.

>Game set in the future about delivering shit
>Enemies are Amazon prime delivery men
Kojima is a fucking hack

game aint even out yet. why are you trying to so hard to hate a game most of us have very little understanding of?

there are like 100,000 games. find one you like then.

See that mountain?

I can't wait for the final boss to show up.

Attached: the blimp.webm (960x540, 706K)

Open world is never going away because it makes padding a game with ass content so fucking easy.

Fetch quest, kill quest ad infinitum.

but this isnt the same type of open world game you see in an ubisoft, rockstar or bethesda game?
its an open world because they want the player to feel like youre in a big world.

maybe you should go outside once in a while.

Attached: mountains-2258646_960_720[1].jpg (960x639, 182K)

>remember I can't simply fulton a C4-rigged jeep

Attached: 1388426185631.png (421x500, 177K)

I dont know man. I think this game's world is like the one of Shadow of The Colossus. There's nothing and its jist a medium to tell a story

Ubishit and Bethesda cant come up with an interesting world like DS. Huge focus on traversal plays into the open world + there is a futuristic motorcycle so im down with it

literally looks like a screenshot of RDR2

At least it doesn't hide that you're a delivery boy, unlike most other open world.

Umm, Kojima is a genius..

Ubisoft, Bethesda, and rockstar games all have content despite their sizes. This game has nothing by the looks of it.

>Carrier has arrived

Attached: iu[2].jpg (474x474, 19K)

MGSV has no content either. No surprise here.

Yes, lets all judge a game that isn't out yet and say it sucks because we somehow played it and know everything about it.

Great job user. Want a job at shitaku?

angry little kojimadrone here

Open world games aren't meant to have a tonne of shit on the map. If you think having something to do every 5 minutes constitutes good open world design, then holy shit do you have attention span issues

>This game is 100% why open world has become a shit genre.
Are you implying open world games were good before 2019?

LMAO
holy shit kojimadrones are something else

>games aren't supposed to have content! just spend $60 to walk around and look at the pretty graphics!
open world drones are pathetic.

Game is set in unsettled space
Of course its fucking empty
Thats the point

I don't like open world games either but if it is pulled off like SotC like another user pointed out, it could be cool.

>what is fantasy

>all your favorite devs will translate to open world because they sell better

Feels good, fuck you losers lol

literally broke my heart, it was just an open world peace walker.... might as well have been a better peace walker with multiple levels than this bull shit tho.

>game has bad graphics
>BUT ITS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE SHIT!!!1!
come on dog, I want to play DS too but you're only blinding yourself from the truth

Most open world games have always been empty. Even games like GTA San Andreas rarely have anything worth exploring in the world.

I think it's looking like a step in the right direction for open world games. Instead of designing a huge open world and having to add content to it you make the world itself the content by making it a challenge to actually traverse. Or at least this is what I hope is happening

Fallout new Vegas you play as courier 6 I'm pretty sure

Because the game is not out yet and Kojima may make it interesting to just roam around like Rockstar did with RDR 2?

Attached: 1.jpg (1133x1700, 253K)

GTA has no content besides specific places with minigames in them. You can't go into 95% of buildings and the wilderness is usually empty. And no random easter eggs are not content.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Jesus fucking christ

only piranha bytes knows how to make open world

I wish TPP was a bunch of areas like GZ.