How i'm supposed to play this game? i'm just killing everything with handgun+kick+knife

How i'm supposed to play this game? i'm just killing everything with handgun+kick+knife.

Isn't this a survival horror game? I'm literally a killing machine.

Attached: 220px-Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (220x311, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bn5vIvXnbRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's an action game with horror elements

>Isn't this a survival horror game?
Not exactly.
RE4 is more of an action game.
But it's fun to play, and still has some tense moments, it doesn't go full balls to the walls like 5 or 6.
4 was just the right balance of taste to be a palatable meal.
5 and 6 are just three bowls of sugar shat directly into your cereal, it's too much.

>gc version
play the ps2 version

Sounds like you've played the game multiple times already.

Playing through again on the Switch version and the game has really thrown alot of pesetas at me this run. I managed to get the full upgrade for the Red 9 right before the island.

Learning to not upgrade the bolt action rifle and skip the riot gun has really helped with money management.

Attached: 1166887139828fl9.jpg (640x512, 159K)

The game throws a lot of curveballs like shielded enemies and of course the parasites, some enemies don't stagger, its all a constant escalation.

>play the ps2 version

Pleb, real fans exclusively play the mobile phone version.

no I mean, the ps2 version had bonus content the gc version didn't have

>he doesn't use the normal rifle

I'm pretty sure every single version past that one has the bonus content if I'm not mistaken.

OP if you can find a copy the Wii version is interesting. By far the most easy version of the game but it's fun how easy you take head shots from a distance with motion controls.

then just play the PC version

Every other weapon in the game I can see the arguments for but the hunting rifle is completely inferior to the other rifle besides having a cooler design.

Woahhhh the one with more visual downgrades, worse performance, out of sync audio in many places, why would you argue in favor of that one? I've genuinely never heard of anyone preferring that version I'm not baiting or anything please tell me why you would like that version over the one that looks and plays better?

>before the island
Pretty sure I always have the red, tmp, semi rifle and striker nearly done by that point and at least started on the butterfly.
5 And 6 are good action games, just not good resident evil games.

Post endgame loadouts

>Red 9 no stock
>Striker
>Combat Rifle
>TMP with Stock
>Broken Butterfly

I always skip the Killer 7.

>Isn't this a survival horror game? I'm literally a killing machine.
What are you talking about, you literally can kill all enemies with knife in resident evil 1-3 games.

>play the ps2 version
Oh honey, don't tell me your taste is this bad

I missed a couple of the treasures I think. I also wasted some money on the pump shotgun. Next run I might not upgrade anything until the TMP and Red 9.

Also I put more money than I should've into the Butterfly.

Massive damage output and less inventory space taken up

I've genuinely never heard of someone liking that version is it just preferring the dual shock over the GC controller?

pretty much this

this game peaks way too early in the village and never even comes close again

not true, it takes up half the inventory space (9 vs 16 iirc) and has double the damage per round (15 vs 30) which lets you kill with body shots+do extra to chaingun bosses.

i do like the semi auto better though because of its usability; it has no follow-through animation after a shot so every trigger pull is much safer. my default strat is to pump the damage upgrades for the bolt action (since those are the only ones that matter if you don't want the ultimate) until i have room for the semi partway through the castle.

Neither is 4 a good Resident Evil game.
And 4 is also not a good action game either. But somehow people love this shit.

Ah, yeah I don't upgrade or buy weapons unless I'm going to hold onto it for the whole game.
Also I pump out the shooting range for the extra cash.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bn5vIvXnbRE
Behold literally killing machine. Cindy!

yeah it just kinda slowly gets worse until the island which is so boring but at least its short

>no stock on the red9

other than that based

>tfw have only played the ps2 version in my life
have I really missed out on much?

you're supposed to pretend that it's a good game with anything resembling choice or consequence. upgrade a few weapons and pretend it's a "build".

I think its agreed that it's at its best in the village.

As a kid some parts of the castle and Island were scarier to me though.

Which stretch would you say is the "best" part f the game to you? I always love the opening stretch up to the first village fight and then waking up in the cabin all the way up to the cabin defense scene. I also enjoy the section after leading up to the fight with the Big Cheese but I think the pacing is too boss fight heavy.

is this any good or does it take the soul out of it?

Attached: 7654.png (700x157, 444K)

The island is almost on the same level as 5 and 6 when it comes to rooms riddled with cluttered enemies and just a big clusterfuck situation.

Just try and remember how that fag Mike blasted his fucking chopper gunner on your ear all time with dozens of ganados throwing dynamites, machinegunnin and shooting flaming arrows, with shielded ones trying to cut corners from every direction.

I just enjoy the design better, also my very slight autism makes it so stocks have the be positioned behind the gun in the case so that leaves a three square above the gun.

No. You got the laser which wasn't in the original gc release

same but desu when I see the other versions I personally think they look worse in some ways, at least in the inventory
the HD versions do look pretty good in game but the inventory items look way worse in my opinion, even if they do have more polygons and higher res textures

but that's wrong? 4 is a good action game and started that style of shooter.
It's also a decent RE game as It tries to keep itself survival horror with an oppressive atmosphere. It fails eventually but does still create some truely tense moments.

>Isn't this a survival horror game?
lol

Not really, first time playing, the kick is op, you can hit multiple enemies with it.

Then shoot/knife them to death.

By the way, any good survival horror games for ps2?

I'm liking RE4, but it was not what i was looking for.

this game was meant to be played on the GC

Right now I'm just past the entry rooms of the castle, and made it to the cage match. Fun times, but I'm tanking on deaths at this point. First time playing on Pro, trying to pull off a four weapon loadout, but I always had more fun with just three or two.