Any games where the main character actually ages? Besides fable

Any games where the main character actually ages? Besides fable

Attached: main-qimg-2644769075997ba24943309596108e35-c.jpg (460x593, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOsN2FP3-l4
youtube.com/watch?v=eyI635o2pmk
youtu.be/oNleXeVxi64
youtube.com/watch?v=wMtqLprlqno
youtu.be/xPh6DzcKYbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jhhXlBFpa5w
youtube.com/watch?v=mDMheos3ue0
youtube.com/watch?v=9KH-kpFKFU0
youtube.com/watch?v=C04brWWdMgw
youtube.com/watch?v=qXIGM5AYhcs
youtube.com/watch?v=jHEswgIZFKc
youtube.com/watch?v=SkNjCfMjRXA
youtube.com/watch?v=5_fQoK_A-6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=dgznAV6M6tA
youtu.be/O_ekqsAs1uo?t=73
fma.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_5:_The_Man_with_the_Mechanical_Arm_(2003_series)
fma.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_3
youtu.be/DnS327n3NMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Oe-PaD1Yud8
youtu.be/YGn6qT1sfpw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is the Ocarina of Time of anime

Man I should really finish FMA brotherhood.

How much time passed?

3 weeks

I watched it a while ago, overrated as fuck.

Cringe.

What would you recommend then?

do it pussy

Do it, fuck that other guy,

Mother 3

That 9gag logo is deeply upsetting

>someone who uses the word cringe unironically thinks his opinion matters

wow

Yeah me too, i wish i was as autistic about anime as i was back when i was 15, i would have finished brotherhood in a weekend.
nowadays i struggle to finish a 13 episode anime

>via 9gag.com
based

Attached: 1372115198295.jpg (700x465, 68K)

Dragon Quest V
Suikoden I-III

Attached: 1317106155554.jpg (600x840, 78K)

It really is the ocarina of time of anime. Pretty much universally considered the best (obviously not everyone agrees) and loved by old guard as well as normies.

2003 is better

Based

>Pretty much universally considered the best
This isn't Cowboy Bebop, user.

Agarest: Generations of War

>dude nazis lmao

About a year and a half, but there are quite a few unclear time jumps, including one that was at least 3 months between two given episodes.

Detroit Metal City.

What old guard? Can I ask how old you are? I say it was overrated but I've never had the impression it was a favorite among a large body of people.

There's hardly a difference.

Seriously, the animation wasn't even that good. Even if we're just talking about Shounen it can't be considered that good.

Its considered the best shonen but not the best anime.

>There's hardly a difference.
I don't think either is 10/10 by any means but it's obvious you're just being a contrain when you say shit like that

Brotherhood got too silly/shonen for me in comparison to the other

Lots of normies think Bebop is boring nowadays

I'm not being a contrarian though. It's still a vanilla average shounen.

6 years give or take
Top part was a flashback shortly after they tried ro bring their mom back at 11
Bottom was toward the middle/end of series when he was 16-17~

Better music, better tone, definitely the better series. Brotherhood would’ve been the better one if not for the super tone deaf anime tropes like manga faces and shit in the middle of serious scenes

based and redpilled
they're both good but 2003 was better

>Cowboy Bebop
That's the Yea Forums of anime
The contrarian faggot's anime
That or FLCL

Attached: 1558641655726.jpg (590x550, 53K)

Im genuinely curious as to what you consider a 10/10 anime.

Attached: open_world_games.jpg (900x426, 71K)

Only by the last decade of Adult Swim/Toonami babies. Before that, it was Cowboy Bebop and Eva. Before that, it was Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon.

>and loved by old guard as well as normies.
You can say this about a lot of shows. FMA is fine, but it's hardly universal. It's like those people who say Citizen Kane is the best movie ever.

the fuck do you watch

>in comparison to the other
Brotherhood is overrated, but at least it's better than the original piece of trash.

What were they fucking thinking?

i just finish it yesterday, jesus christ it was so fucking good.

when ed propose to winry and her respose was cute as fuck

>liking popular anime makes you a contrarian
The state of moe shitters

That's not the point of what I'm saying. There's huge plot and character differences between the two; that's a fact, not an opinion. There are entire characters present in 2003 that aren't in Brotherhood, and vice versa.

>not liking bebop and FLCL
Ok user whatever fucking moe garbage you like is the best and were all uncultured plebians got it

Not him, but the obvious go-to answer would be LoGH.

No that would be jojo

Attached: z7ksmqjeh3s21.png (767x1261, 865K)

Final Fantasy Tactics. He even wears edgy clothes for a bit.

Attached: eb2ef0a2212b07258ba6a568749bb2c7.png (826x379, 65K)

I have never used this word on this site before, but I think they are coping with the fact that new idolshit will never compare with artistic classics like FLCL or Cowboy Bebop... or even the shitter classics are better like inuyasha and yuyu hakusho

For me it's Trigun

Today, I’ll remind you 03fags.

Attached: archer.jpg (480x350, 51K)

Lmoa moe tranny getting uppity

Attached: 1559561471548.png (705x494, 296K)

>dude lmao edgy reverse isekai shit for retards

I love Bebop but Samurai Champloo is better.

Attached: 1551918138790.webm (852x480, 2.68M)

No the equivalent of JoJo is earthbound/mother series

Ed's way of asking was cute and corny

>contrarian
It's "plebeian", absolutely, but not at all "contrarian". The fuck do you think that word mean?

Don't forget how they ruined Kimbley. Also no based Ling

Why the fuck are you guys talking about Anime?

the chad mob vs the virgin saitama

this was such a dumb fucking character, '03 really shit the bed in the second half

Outlaw Star may not have been the best but Aisha is a 10/10

Attached: Aisha2.jpg (960x720, 114K)

I love champloo has the better action scenes but bebop has better writing and world building

>like manga faces and shit in the middle of serious scenes
I liked that. It was charming.

I agree with this. Champloo was a better show

I need to know before I bother watching this garbage: do they fuck?

what if they're both nothing special

Assassin's Creed 2.

nah

it's good, also has a good ost and it's sadder, but a lot plotpoints doesn't make fucking sense at all, but who can blame them? writers basically improvised since the manga wasn't over yet

Brotherhood is just the complete package.

>manga faces and shit in the middle of serious scenes
yeah that was somewhat bad

Because Yea Forums is just an extension of Yea Forums at this point.
Why aren’t you?
Also Yea Forums only has moeshit and waifufags nowad

video games

It beats the endless shit landslide of "OH NO NO NO" and "SOI" posting

Then congrats you have an opinion.

Attached: kbokurano63_0008_0009.jpg (1456x1081, 204K)

How come they never made a full metal Alchemist game Yea Forums

this

Attached: 1512241055154.jpg (719x720, 92K)

The final shot of the show is a family photo of them and their kids, so yes.

Yes.

Attached: happy ending.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

>liking something good is plebeian now
I feel bad for you people, honestly.

Attached: 1559390263896.jpg (1284x949, 101K)

They're actually both good in different ways

>People actually liked 03

It was awful. I appreciate the fact that they wanted a bittersweet ending but I think we're all in agreement that Edward and Alphonse had hard lives and deserved a good ending even if it was unoriginal.

Attached: 61W9Aj+3jaL._SX425_.jpg (425x372, 25K)

implied to yes

Visually and characterwise maybe but there’s literally no denying bebop had better lore and worldbuilding

Yes

Attached: Brotherhood64.jpg (1280x720, 247K)

I wanted to fuck that chinese girl

Because Yea Forums is a secondary or tertiary etc interest board of anons who have a common interest in anime and manga. As with all boards. Where do you think you are?

>liking something popular is contrarian
Just fucking get out

Absolute shit taste

Why are you trying to be a janny?

>Re-watching Full Metal Alchemist again after watching Brotherhood
It's so much worse now, Brotherhood was so much better.

>LOL UR MUMS ALIVE AND A BAD GUY, THIS GUY IS HER SON AND HE HAS UR MISSING LIMBS

Truly the worst example in existence of "Oh shit we're ahead of the source material wtf do we do?" anyone who thinks it's good is literally delusional nostalgiatards, Brotherhood is a straight improvement in every way.

Wait, didn't this end with the blonde guy dying or some shit?

Tales of Graces and Tales of the Abyss. In fact there's a lot of JRPGs where that happens.

Attached: file.png (318x500, 200K)

Over rated as fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=iOsN2FP3-l4

best OP

>Winry goes from a super cute loli you want to cum inside and all over to mark as your own to a sexy woman you wanna fuck and plant your seed into

The fact that the homunculi wanted to be human was the stupidest shit ever. I legit dropped it right then and there on that reveal.

Attached: 1559370249147.webm (480x360, 1.68M)

That’s 03 and he comes back anyway, though he eventually sacrifices himself again and finds himself in our world.

Good 'ol Armgun.
Or was it Gunarm?
Anyway, based.

Their father who was effectively immortal died at the end on his wifes/MC's mothers grave after expending all the souls trapped within him to fuck over big bad

I preferred the homunculi from 2003 than from Brotherhood.

Two different shows with different takes on the manga.

The only good anime there ever was.
youtube.com/watch?v=eyI635o2pmk

No shit, but quality wise it's not much different.

Don't worry she was BLEACHED by Alphonse.

Another blonde guy dies, so you're technically right.

The ending is the least of 03's problems.

Attached: 1559370314532.gif (500x288, 3.18M)

>Different takes on the manga
Brotherhood follows the manga though.

Isn’t Brotherhood based directly on the manga and 2003 went off on its own bullshit directions??
I watched 2003 as a kid and it bored me, tried brotherhood as an adult and it was fucking awesome.

Problem with Outlaw Star was that it just felt like collection of random episodes, there was nothing to really tie the episodes together.

It’s implied but not explicitly stated that Ed’s younger brother is dating her

There is an entire world of difference between thinking something is "good" and thinking something is "the greatest of all time".
The former is correct, they are good shows. Thinking they are the best is equivalent to vehemently insisting Super Mario Bros on NES is the best game ever made on account of growing up with it and not having no real knowledge of the medium beyond that.

Should I watch both?

Did I say that you fucking retard?

Attached: 1558867045553.jpg (500x707, 53K)

Tales of Abyss's party pisses me off because they constantly gave Luke shit for not trusting them when they were telling him Van wasn't to be trusted. While they were right, it was reasonable for Luke to trust Van since Van helped raise him and treated him nicely for all his short lifespan while he had no idea who these random strangers that he's meeting up with were. Luke had no idea he was being set up to nuke a fucking town.
Meanwhile, Anise betrays the party and turns out to be a spy and gets back in with no big issues. Like come on.

I was going to watch it, until I discovered the main character had the classic le goofy anime protagonist personality....DROPPED

Good for you, I however find a fucking water homonculus to not fit the series at all and be batshit retarded.

Yes
The manga wasnt finished yet in 03 so they went off in their own direction to give it an ending

For the most part. Though what is rushed and cut is negligible.

Absolutely watch both, they both have their ups and downs, Brotherhood is canon. I personally prefer Brotherhood A LOT more, but they're both enjoyable in their own respects.

That manga really left a number on my emotions. Not even the suffering aspects, it was just the general "human" things, like the guy who just wanted to see someone who was like his daughter do a piano recital, or the kid who wanted to direct the battle away from the city so less people would get hurt.

Attached: Genocide.jpg (1456x1039, 304K)

It was good when it followed the manga.

Yeah, not till the end when they finally got off their asses. But I still liked it.

They did.

>so great that the anime played it over the ending
youtu.be/oNleXeVxi64

Attached: hell yeah motherfucker.jpg (507x720, 75K)

This guy was op
>can sense anything
>can teleport everywhere
>armor is extremely high

This shit sounds fucking absurd. I already watched brotherhood is 03 worth a watch?

>virgin 03 has trouble taking off his cloak, rips it anyway
>2/3rds of the whole thing is dumb reaction shots

>CHAD brotherhood whips off cloak, short and to the point
>animation budget is saved for things that actually matter

It's funny, some people think that the things that are rushed are such incredibly important aspects to the story when they're really nothing important at all.

nah dude, i've done the calculations and there's nothing else here, it's time to end it

This anime is so overrated. It is cliche shounen shit.

I still keep up with the current anime’s, they are all romance and isekai and haremshit. Currently watching Love is War and some other isekai...
The only recent things to come close to the golden Gods (FLCL, CB, SC, TTGL) is Mob Psycho 100 and Steins;Gate (vn)

2003 is undoubtedly better, right up until it catches up to the manga and goes completely off the rails.

I had a crush on Rose for some reasons.

>racter had the classic le goofy anime protagonist personality
He doesnt

Dororo is not isekai, romance, or haremshit.

I liked brotherhood as well. Though I enjoyed what 03 tried to do without the material from the manga to finish. Until the retarded movie. It was a pretty decent attempt to wrap things up.

Is FMA considered a "normie" anime? I debated with my friend and I claimed that FMA like Pokemon, One Piece, Nartuo, are basic entry level anime while he said it wasn't.
I'm like 95% sure that FMA is usually one of the first anime that people go out of their way watch. I'm not saying it's BAD, I'm saying it's what a lot of people are exposed to early on when getting into anime.

fuck no, the movies are maybe watchable as they're not too related to the 03 series. But all in all I wouldn't waste my time

People always go back to '03 automail reveal or the second visit to the door of truth in FMA:B as kino but for me its Ed almost dying against Kimbley and his chimera lads then him getting impaled with pipes

Would you count FF4 because of Rydia?

sauce?

I’d say so, yes. Keep in mind that it does things pretty differently from Brotherhood, which may or may not break your experience with it.

What's the Shingeki no Kinojin of vidya?

Attached: 1538458995172.png (1067x800, 1.5M)

>is 03 worth a watch
I don't think so. Maybe as a comedy?

I would say no. The first series is kind of dull and they butcher some characters, but the ending is somewhat interesting.

But if you really want to do it, just make sure to watch the 2003 one first.

someone sum up 03 I will probably never watch it honestly

did he spit in his hand?

I'd say anything that airs on Adult Swim is pretty entry-level.

FMA is way more niche than that lol. Most people still think 2003 is somehow the better version. Mostly because of nostalgia faggotry and being anime only plebs. Point is, it's not even close to that level.

This shit got me in to anime so hard
youtube.com/watch?v=wMtqLprlqno

Attached: FFVIII_Laguna_Proposes.png (1052x1114, 1.15M)

>anime’s
Opine rejected.

Well it was assumed that most people had watched/read the early parts of the manga and 03 so going over it again would be superfluous.

I will have to check that out, the name sounds familiar but I probably just scrolled past it in crunchy roll or whatever

FMA is entry level and normie as FUCK. More-so than One Piece and Naruto even.

Infinite Space.

It's like half and half. Some people will and some others treat it like it's boring and not exciting enough like Naruto. I've heard that shit before. I only really see criticism on Yea Forums where the more hardcore anime nerds hangout.

nah, that's Evangelion

uhhh

Attached: uuu.jpg (1200x630, 250K)

What an absolutely horrid opinion. Please stop discussing anime.

It only gets worse the more you analyze it. There were just so many stupid decisions made like making Mustang the one who killed Winry’s parents or making their mother a homunculus which kind of ruins the whole message of the series. That’s why I dislike the tone shift 03 takes. There’s no real meaning behind it other than to make more dumb plot twists.

Attached: 1540714566843.png (1066x1600, 3.45M)

>The name sounds familiar
It's a retelling? reboot? of the 60s manga/anime. They've done an amazing job, they've done the original series absolute justice in remaking it.

The bluray version actually looks really crisp.
They must have used the original cels.

>Yea Forums where the more hardcore anime nerds hangout
lmao

Sorry that I’m not autistic :/

They also killed Izumi and left Winry with no one, fuck this anime, at least the music was good.

Id say FMA is just a tier above One Piece, Natuto, Bleach in terms of normie shit. Like it was popular but I feel like people only got into it after being exposed to those 3 entry level shonens. Same with Bebop

It is top surface level stuff but not quite pokemon tier since tons of fucking people watched pokemon and maybe DBZ but no other anime
Unless you count anything thats ever played on adult swim/toonami as normie anime then yes it is

It's like watching the retarded original Hellsing series when Ultimate exists, why would you ever do it?

Attached: Incognito7.jpg (640x480, 48K)

First half = Follows source material with fillers here and there
Second half = shitshow and plothole the Nazis ending lmao

youtu.be/xPh6DzcKYbQ
Daily reminder that Bradley took on a goddamn tank and won.

NieR Replicant.
Technically the American/Xbox/Gestalt version does too, but he basically just wears a black speedo across his face to indicate the time jump.
The protag Nier goes from this...

Attached: NierYoung.png (1000x1590, 920K)

2003 did the beginning parts better. Brotherhood feels like it assumes you watched 2003 first

I just anime to be real already.

Attached: 8623983366_88770f3165_b.jpg (683x1024, 152K)

The other anons are definitely right about 2003 having a superior overall tone to it, at least for the first half. People who claim it's better overall to Brotherhood are braindead. The entire show just shits itself the 2nd half and makes completely retarded original story points. I love a lot of original scenes they did in the first half. I don't know what happened.

I love this alien catwoman.

>Ed's son has Al's hair
Cute!

I've got it and you're right, it does look really good.

You don't even have enough brain matter for you to even be able to be considered autistic, don't worry.

best ED

youtube.com/watch?v=jhhXlBFpa5w

Mob Psycho 100. It's a fantastic series. Mostly a comedy with great writing, same dude who made One Punch Man. I prefer it over OPM

I don't understand whats happening?

Bebop was my first exposure to anime and it really turned me on to the medium as a whole. I then enjoyed inuyasha, yuyu hakusho, and rouroni kenshin!

Brotherhood has the best ending. I want a sequel with Al and that Asian chick exploring asia while fucking.

>Got into Jojo
>Lost interest in all other stuff
>Every time I get the itch and sit down to read or watch something I trail off a couple episodes or chapters in
Help. I love Jojo but it's spoiled me.

Attached: 1502646675850.jpg (133x160, 13K)

FMA is shonen shit,shigurui was unironcally better

You're thinking of TTGL

>best anime/manga of all time is created by a woman
What did the japs mean by this?

I don’t get it I stopped watching AoT after it got revealed who the two big bad titans were. Explain

That's why I always try to recommend Bokurano whenever I can. It's genuinely the best manga I have ever read and probably the only one I have bought physically.

Attached: bokurano_32_19.jpg (1200x859, 106K)

>2003 having a superior overall tone to it
Eh, it took way too long. I can only imagine it being better if they were children and needed it to be slower for whatever reason.

to this

Attached: NtqpK.png (676x800, 499K)

SOME ONE CALLED HARUHI?!

Attached: screenshot-296.png (1108x737, 630K)

That would be a cool insult if you didn’t phrase it like a generic shonen villain. Don’t you have a Naruto spin-off to be watching?

Yes and no.

Black Lagoon is all over the place but I think it's good for mindless fun. After all I have it in my BD collection

Attached: Лучшая девушка из черной лагуны.jpg (426x240, 17K)

That bad huh?

Guy and lady are lovers and sacrifice people to create philosopher stones
They use the stones to switch bodies and keep on living forever
Homunculus are created by human transmutation and have the body of the transmuted human
Guy realizes that he can't live forever because the soul is aging and he is dying even if he switches bodies
Guy gets married to random woman and has 2 kids (the main characters)
Lady keeps on trying to live and controls the homunculus to try and make more stones

it's shit

Mob season 2 was so fucking good

Attached: 1551729287701.webm (854x480, 2.27M)

how is it

Well what do you like about it?

Are you asking us whether you understand what is happening? How would we know, retard. Though I would say, probably yeah, you have no clue what is happening at any stage of your life.

Attached: haruhism.jpg (600x524, 44K)

Reminder, nothing will ever beat fist fighting a fallen God and beating him with pure anger.

Attached: Brotherhood final fight.jpg (500x281, 26K)

>forgot to save the image of canon adult haruhi
I’m such a fucking stupid fuck.

Threatening to transform into a titan and kill everyone in the building

>if not for the super tone deaf anime tropes
Which also existed in 03 until Al became the stone which changed the tone of the series entirely.

>insult
It was a diagnosis. Make of it what you will.

>when it plays when Ed bursts back through The Gate and promises he'll get Al's body back

fucking kino

Attached: 1545503698766.jpg (240x280, 40K)

I'd assume most people in their 20s had their first exposure to anime from whatever Adult Swim was showing at the time. Bebop was a part of it for me, but also Big O, Ghost in the Shell, and Lupin III helped. Then shit like Zoids & Gundam that were on Toonami.

Attached: haru.jpg (210x240, 9K)

boy you are a retard, lol why even respond

Don't worry, the Stone Ocean will fix that pretty damn fast.

>doesn't have half a dick and one testicle

That was the biggest asspull I have ever seen. More muh friendship power, bullshit.

The art style and atmosphere of 2003 is so fucking kino

Human titans can transform if they have a cut that is bleeding
He is threatening to transform and kill people

Okay Dr. retard

you having it in your collection isnt a good enough reason to watch it
just cut that out next time because your opinion is worthless
black lagoon's production values can speak for itself and it speaks volumes in favor of itself

>Better music
Yes
>Better tone
No, absolutely not. Brotherhood is superior entirely in this regard. It is bleaker than 03 ever was, which I presume is what you're thinking is better. However Brotherhood rises up from that bleakness.

Damn Eren gets based as fuck. He’s such an annoying little faggot in the anime that I stopped watching

is it this one

Attached: d7xt4xh9oz031.jpg (960x720, 63K)

Wish they kept Hohenheim shouting “FUCK HIM UP” from the bloopers.

ᶠᵒʳ ᵐᵉ ᶦᵗˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵐᵃˡˡ ᵇᵒᶜᶜ

Attached: 1556849542611.png (10x10, 471)

I felt bad for the animation studio.

>Hey, now that the manga is actually finished, let's reanimate it all from fucking scratch again, including the shit that was already near note-for-note with the manga

What video game characters allow me to burn enemies alive?

Attached: giphy (2).gif (500x240, 958K)

>Biggest asspull
Explain why you think it was an asspull

Lupin III was fucking awesome and they are doing a great job with the new ones

>Most people still think 2003 is somehow the better version. Mostly because of nostalgia faggotry and being anime only plebs
Could have something to do with the music. Michiru Oshima, unlike Senju Akira, doesn't sample her own work to the point that every soundtrack she composes consists of 50% of the same work she did for every other soundtrack.

Take the stick out of your ass faggot

Halo 3

not him but you need to grow a brain

I like that it's set in the real world, the characters, the style, and how fights come down to creative use of powers (even if it does sometimes verge on asspulling) over power levels and stuff.

Its just really fun, I kind of have a hard time putting it into words. Maybe I'll have more dedication for other stuff once I'm finally caught up. I have a ways to go with the manga still.

Manga is worth the read, after a sudden timeskip he actually becomes a well written character instead of muh rage

Thanks lad.

What's pic related of vidya

Attached: 155437957.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

Which anime is special to you?

Yet the instant he senses Mobs (a little boy with a bowl cut) power he gives up and shits his pants

Attached: 1552932692341.webm (854x480, 2.37M)

No arguments huh?

Attached: smug 2.png (770x648, 418K)

>After all
Oh, anonymous has it in their BD collection.

>I think it's good
How verifiable.

I truthfully haven't seen anything from it since I was 11.

she done grew up? kawaii!

She almost looks like a Tawawa character, with a smaller chest. Something about the bedroom eyes and that smile.

>Mfw the girl made everybody uniforms and none of them wanted to put them on

Gears of War 2
Blood
Anything with a flamethrower, really

I liked all the political intrigue a lot more and was kinda disappointed that the ending came down to pretty typical shonen fighting

It wasn't a deal breaker mind you, but I liked the normal humans political struggle more.

Attached: 1519782757693.gif (408x303, 708K)

Yup, after the movie, I just couldn't go back to 2003.

For the actual good Yasushi Ishii music? the generic ost on Ultimate is the only reason i haven't watched it

youtube.com/watch?v=mDMheos3ue0

youtube.com/watch?v=9KH-kpFKFU0

youtube.com/watch?v=C04brWWdMgw

youtube.com/watch?v=qXIGM5AYhcs

Syphon Filter.

What manga is Yea Forums currently rereading. For me it's Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer.

she looks better as adult

>It's genuinely the best manga I have ever read
Have you tried reading any others?

>twogorillasfighting.webm

Shamballa immediately invalidates 03 from ever being considered superior to Brotherhood, literally the Mass Effect 3 of Anime conclusions.

Yes because thats how the plot is made to be but dont pretend you didn't find him cool as fuck. Also the little bowl cut guy is the strongest in their universe, thats like not finding anyone cool at all in OPM because MC is bald

Pic related is always a fun ride. Then I'll reread Bokurano to get depressed again

Attached: 0004-012.jpg (1066x1600, 342K)

>More muh friendship power
But it wasnt that Ed was using his fucking soul as a battery to transmute and shit

>FMA: brotherhood LITERALLY ends with a "I guess the real brotherhood was the friends we made along the way" with ed reading a list of characters he befriended not once but twice in the final two episodes
if this is "the best" anime. anime literally was a mistake. this is one of the only animes I've actually seen

good answer

So overrated as fuck and aged like milk?

KEK!

Any recs? You seem like you know a lot about it

An asshole getting killed because his ability is gay? Can't think of many

Imagine not watching an undoubtly superior show because of the soundtrack. Yeesh.

this, but unironically
most of Yea Forums is too young to have watched bebop anyways, so they all just try and act like they did and like it's cool

Author ran away with the money and Haruhi is more or less dead in the water still right?

Who the fuck said it was the best? And the it ends with Edward living a normal life with Winry while his brother goes off to bang the asian chick and learn more bending in asia.

>if not for the super tone deaf anime tropes like manga faces and shit in the middle of serious scenes
Did you watch 2003? It also did that.

I wish they made a final fantasy that was just about Laguna and his gang.
His story was much more interesting than Squall's.

There is quite a bit of back story for his character.

I liked that the song played near the end, "eyes on me" was supposed to be sang by a club musician who Laguna loved but didn't have the guts to admit it until it was too late.
If you listen to the lyrics with that in mind you can see how much the female musician did like him and her regret for not acting on her feelings.

Most Final Fantasy side characters don't get as much focus as Laguna did so it's sad that he didn't get his own game while a FF7 side character like Vincent did.

Attached: Laguna,_Kiros_and_Ward.jpg (800x600, 52K)

Like animals

I agree, the music fits every scene almost perfectly. They should have hired the same composer for Ultimate

youtube.com/watch?v=jHEswgIZFKc

Originally I created this thread for actual video game discussion but I see you lads turned it into an anime/manga discussion. Yea Forums anime threads are bretty comfy but I don't think the mods are going to like this.

Attached: 1552934968320.gif (540x304, 47K)

shoo be do be do shoo be do be do do doooo

FMA 2003 is objectively better

What is the pic related of video games?

Attached: 1500167510130.webm (720x402, 2.76M)

>who the fuck said it was the best
read the thread reddit.

People like him literally ignore that 2003 had the exact same shit they hate in Brotherhood. It's a phenomenon that cannot be explained.

NO U

Not just a river in Egypt, eh?

The people inside the walls were not the last humans alive, they were actually exiled jews, and the only race capable of turning into Titans
The nazis were using enslaved jews turned titans to try and kill the exiled jews
Eren learned all of this and decided to go full Allahu Akbar on the Nazis

Attached: 1532559311826.png (1067x800, 1.76M)

Conqueror of Shamballa alone proves you wrong.

>watching 360p, maybe 480p streams if you were lucky of Nartuo, FMA, Bleach on Youtube that's been cut up into 3 parts per episode or finding some Filipino anime streaming site to watch it off of

I don't know how I lived like that. Thank god for torrents.

Attached: 1504657418436.jpg (306x331, 69K)

>R-reddit!
First day here huh newfag?

Attached: coach.gif (320x240, 1.61M)

daily reminder that anyone who watches dubs needs to jump off a bridge

Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life trilogy. You die at the very end of the game.

Attached: Aged_Mark.png (177x438, 146K)

Oh I'm not bitching dude I fucking loved it. At that point he is the strongest esper we've seen yet him just sensing Mobs power was enough for him to give up, and then when Mob gets upset at the fact he enjoyed hurting people he books it. Pure fucking kino

Attached: 1552929105469.png (400x226, 72K)

Haruhis been dead since 2008 nigga

I thought the announcement was that he's releasing a new novel?

There is nothing wrong with having a crush on the cute girl with pink hair.

whatever you say, 'space cowboy'

Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Because despite not seeing anything like it before it still gives off the most generic vibes possible.

>muh Reddit
If you like it so much, why don’t you go back there?

Thanks for reminding me how much I miss Blood +

imagine the smell

While I agree with the sentiment, I get the impression that any more focus on the character would have ruined him.

Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls.
you won't regret it.

Attached: Basilisk - Kouga Ninja Scroll.jpg (560x420, 41K)

>I don't know how I lived that
19 inch 4:3 screen in 720p or a CRT made watching awful quality rips of anime on youtube tolerable.

>who said it was the best
Literally number 1 of all time on myanimelist

>a club musician who Laguna loved
who became rinoas mom after marrying a general

Nope, does it look like we're on Yea Forums? How about try asking over there?

>d-drag translations have finally caught back up to release
What a fucking time to be alive.

Attached: ..webm (854x480, 185K)

It's been around 10 years since I last watched half of 2003 and all of brotherhood, but whichever had
youtube.com/watch?v=SkNjCfMjRXA
was better

I've seen a couple webms of this show. It looks like its CUHRAAAAZY but I assume everything outside of the action is a slog to sit through. Am I right about that?

Epic!

this show sucked

current season is the first actually good season
it's absurd how big a jump in quality it is, seriously kino

Really funny how some user almost a decade ago told me when I got older, I'd like moeshit more. Well I'm 28 now and I still can't bear to watch moeshit. It just makes me think "I'm watching little girls in school. What thr fuck am I doing?" I've read thousands of manga and only a few hundred anime since I prefer manga much more, but I don't think I'll ever like moeshit.

Attached: 1559542476334.jpg (1920x1080, 134K)

BioShock

and then electrocute them in the water that they jump in to extinguish themselves

Attached: 1406871787528.jpg (320x320, 85K)

The correct reply is always

Only neanderthals and retards who can't into basic research have trouble with this.

Yes it's very popular user.

Give it a try, it's better.

You’re gonna carry that weight

he was assuming you weren't a normalfaggot shitstain who uses this place as a museum

>MAL
>meaning anything
It's like asking the retard at family reunions their opinion on anything.

>Had a strange sense of enjoyment shocking them as they tried to put themselves out
I guess i'm a psychopath.

nah, i will

i know right?
youtube.com/watch?v=5_fQoK_A-6Y

I hate anime
I hate Asians, including Asian women
I hate weeaboos who woship Japan on a pedestal
I hate Asian """""""""cusine""""""" and """""""""snacks"""""""""""""
I hate basically anything that comes from the Eastern Hemisphere
I hate Yea Forums
I hate spics who constantly make off topic threads and flood this website
I, however, love manga. And I do love video games that come from the Eastern Hemisphere

that anime turned to shit real fast
which sucked because it actually started good
the movie was even worse because the entire story got fucked with in order to stuff it into movie length
not only that i heard the sequel anime was just as bad if not worse

feel free to try and prove me wrong

congrats, user, you have a functioning brain

Duck Game

Attached: giogiogiogigo.jpg (225x320, 29K)

I bet he was also assuming that he'd turn into a degenerate dumbfuck brainlet fuckhead.

>biggest asspull
Pretty sure there was an episode where Hohenheim was setting up his circle across amestris so no, it's not an asspull. Everything has been in motion for an incredibly long time.

>Read that scene with this playing in the background
youtube.com/watch?v=dgznAV6M6tA
So fucking good.

I don't know about Vidya, but the best anime that invoked a sense of character age and progression with time is Hikaru No Go

Ive never seen another media do it better

Attached: hikacomp1.jpg (498x195, 88K)

>FMA: brotherhood LITERALLY ends with a "I guess the real brotherhood was the friends we made along the way"
You what?
It ends with a "fuck you god i don't need your power"

I said the original 51 episodes, not the movie although is not bad, it’s just a mess.

Attached: 62DCCEF4-C78C-4913-8076-CFC6CA2320A6.jpg (340x476, 44K)

Yah Laguna never got together with her but their kids fucked.

Objectivley true opinion (fact)
2003 had a better art style

Fuck man I need some more kino panels

Between the side characters being just as good as the main cast and the sumerian ancient aliens/illuminati stuff hinted at through the various seasons, even the non-fight scenes are entertaining

Attached: 1443494756151.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

that part when envy start crying at how his jelous at humans.

never imagine that i would feel pity of envy after all the shit he had done

Sorry kiddo but you can't separate them when Shamballa is the ending.

Should I watch the animes or read the manga first?

You're probably an edge lord then with pretty shit taste. Both Bokurano and Shadow star are pretty garbage edge series.
The only thing that stands out is the character art and art style.
The authors a pretty apparent nihilistic hack and if you like it you probably share his views.

Attached: 1558536619757.png (1000x432, 165K)

I only watch moeshit when I’m watching with my buddy, cuz that’s what he likes and it’s actually pretty comfy if you just
>release your inhibitions FEEL THE RAIN ON YOUR SKIN

>we get to get drunk and argue over best girls and shit
> then we watch actual good anime like Megalobox and Desert Punk

Laguna btfo

Duck game is the most fun Ive had in years

Real sad part right here. Also best part for that emotional character growth
LET IT ALL OUUUUUUUT LET IT ALL OUUUUUT
youtu.be/O_ekqsAs1uo?t=73

Attached: 5c71b467b7e7541c2e2894bca87e0d5d--fullmetal-alchemist-episodes-fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-sad.j (644x4000, 360K)

Some aspects of the 2003 anime are better. The beginning of the series is more fleshed out, while Brotherhood glosses over it way too quickly — and yes, I realize that this was done intentionally because they didn't want to repeat a bunch of shit, but it still makes Brotherhood the worse way to watch the content taking place before the two versions of the story diverged. Brotherhood is basically meant to be watched after the original anime, so for the sake of informing someone who hasn't seen either anime and wants to watch only one of them, Brotherhood needs to lose points for that. As far as the actual story differences go, the 2003 anime gets pretty random at the end, but at least it's more interesting than Brotherhood's "let's just try punching the bad guy really hard for the 100th time, oh yay it worked, the end". The homunculi in the 2003 anime also seem a bit more threatening because there's always some obscure trick to killing them and you never see Mustang just win with zero effort by spamming hadoken.

Don't @ me.

I always felt like once the origin of "father" was revealed, the story started falling apart.

Hey sack of shit normalfags are ones watching
moe garbage

Brotherhood is practically a 1:1 with the manga if you watch the first 25 episodes of FMA 2003 first. Just do that

>The only thing that stands out is the character art and art style.
Pffff, as if. More like the only good thing about it is the opening of the Bokurano anime.

>Portray this guy like he's just going to be "LMAO GIANT BARA FAGGOT" early on
>Winds up being one of the most based characters in the entire story

This single page convinced me that the entire series was worth devoting a few days to a marathon read. I have yet to be disappointed unless Houken shows up

Attached: file.png (1202x887, 1.25M)

Attached: 1555970486203.jpg (1024x736, 42K)

I finally picked it up when it was on sale on the Switch and it's easily a new staple multiplayer game for me and my friends.

Manga.
2003 ends with filler and shifts tone hard towards the end.
Brotherhood follows the manga but the first 20 or so episodes cut a lot out like one of Pride's earliest appearances.

So
Manga > BH > 2003 in that order

RED: Living on the Edge and Moyashimon

Ok

2003's episode 5 "Mother" is unironically one of the greatest episodes of anime ever created. I consider it a masterpiece. The tone, music, animation, and story telling is perfection, and brotherhood's retread of it is a kick in the balls

>The beginning of the series is more fleshed out
More like spread out. Just take brotherhood and play it at half speed, there you go.

>thread not about video games most faster then threads about video games

Attached: hqdefault(2).jpg (480x360, 14K)

@464637325
>being this much of a snarky cunt
Not even worth a (You)

Attached: 1559503224450.png (1019x1529, 1.22M)

(You)

Oh shit, it's on Switch?
I got it on steam years ago

>most faster t

videogames don't age faggot

>Desert Punk
Absolutely based god

Attached: x7.png (960x1361, 1.5M)

>The homunculi in the 2003 anime also seem a bit more threatening
>abloo bloo bloo we want be humans
I dropped it right then and there.

???
fma.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_5:_The_Man_with_the_Mechanical_Arm_(2003_series)

Yea Forums is a hellhole

Bullying refusteves is the only vidya related enjoyment I've derived from the board in months.

The 2003 ending was trash and the movie just made it worse.

>There are people who actually don't like SNK isn't about killing titans anymore and hate the timeskip arcs.
Is there a bigger plebfilter?

Attached: 1543415247502.jpg (459x630, 69K)

He was based, he immediately understood it was time to stop, no pride, just pure logic, he bailed out. Kino indeed

To be fair there's good discussions going on in here and it's people are being far more respectful and detailed with their thoughts then what we'd ever get on Yea Forums. If the mods are actually letting this stay up that's awfully nice of them. But itll probably get 404d soon

>that random filler villain at the start actually knew everything and nearly stopped the real villain

Was it kino?

Attached: 1517474380759.gif (480x270, 463K)

based

Even so, this type of transformation is doable in like half a year if you eat right and workout/bulk up
lmao, no

Learn English.

>watch 03
>pretty bad
>best boy gets fed apples by best girl and goes shopping with her

>watch brotherhood
>not bad
>best boy and best girl don’t fuck

Reeeee

Yeah with online and stage builder and everything, I was surprised how fully featured it was

>The homunculi in the 2003 anime also seem a bit more threatening because there's always some obscure trick to killing them and you never see Mustang just win with zero effort by spamming hadoken.
Don't kid yourself. They could be immoblized completely by remains that shouldn't even exist even if it's a single strand of hair, hell by its own logic Sloth shouldn't have been able to touch Ed at all.

Listen man, I try. But when a game you are excited for has been spammed by a gay BR obsessed with gay sex for literally a month now and mods refuse to do shit, what am I supposed to do?

lol, dumbass thinks anybody is going to see his post

Did you fill out a captcha for that faggot lmao

Nice attentionspan, speedwatcher

Episode 4. My mistake nigga

What is this? Is there a new FMA anime? Fucking tell me. I haven't watched anime in years.

The author literally ripped off the EXACT plot of Claymore, which an all around better manga that gets 0 attention.

Episode 3* my mistake nigga

PURE FUCKING KINO

Attached: M10fWb1.jpg (713x1024, 340K)

Ed you fucking idiot, your dad was gonna fade to dust anyway when he could have died with greater purpose. Use that fucking stone and keep your cool powers while you're at it.

>New
Watch Brotherhood you fool.
The episode with the guy whose love lost her memory and she came back as an old hag but he refused to believe it was her?

Fuck You!

It’s 10 years old, dude.

Don't worry they will after he becomes king.

Brotherhood came out years ago.

>it's people are being far more respectful and detailed with their thoughts then what we'd ever get on Yea Forums
The same can be said about reddit. Except the quality of the people being respectful and dignified is absolute guttertrash, so why the fuck would anybody want that?

yeah they made a remake many years back

I just wish more JRRGs had mature stories with and all around older cast.

Too many jump on the teen trope because it's easier to develop for a young character who is more of a blank slate.

Most of us who grew up playing JRPGs are in our 30s and 40s so I feel like there should be some common interest with making a JRPG for an older audience.

I already see a rise in manga that use middle aged main characters. Although I find it weird when they use that term for someone in their 30s.

Attached: I'm a Middle-Aged Man Who Got My Adventurer License Revoked.jpg (2048x1456, 369K)

I'm comparing this current season with the first one and holy shit it makes it look bad by the sheer amount of kino we're currently getting.

Return of the Obra Dinn is actually a pretty good approximation of what it would be like to be a detective with time powers

>Desert Punk
my man
youtu.be/DnS327n3NMQ

Japs can't write characters in their 30s.

Ah okay that one.

No I keep fucking up. It's the episode where their mother dies. Episode 3. I guess I should of just googled it

Let the guy keep his convictions. He said he wouldn't use a stone so he didn't.

I like anime, I've seen many hundreds of shows and some several times, but I'll never understand how people talk about it for hours on end like on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1558505408505.png (729x638, 154K)

Why did they never fuck?

What is it about single father of adopted daughter stories?

Attached: x2.png (2208x1600, 1.75M)

>I dropped it right then and there.
You mean you stopped watching the anime at that point?

Honestly, I don't even remember anyone except Lust wanting to be human. Sloth wanted to prove she wasn't the human whose form she took. Envy was butthurt about not being Hohenheim's favorite, but he didn't get all mopey about it. I think Wrath wanted to steal the rest of Ed's body, but I don't remember if it was for the sake of actually being human; I think he was just a cuntface. Meanwhile, Greed just wanted to fuck everyone over for his own gain, Pride showed no sympathy for humanity at all, and Gluttony was too retarded to have such complex thoughts. But it has been a while since I watched it.

>which an all around better manga
Meh.

Because instead of seeing many shows hundreds of times, people see hundreds of shows many times.

Jojo is overrated garbage and it's fans are as cancerous as GoT and ponyfags

The scream is pretty damn funny in English dub
youtube.com/watch?v=Oe-PaD1Yud8

>by its own logic Sloth shouldn't have been able to touch Ed at all
But Ed wasn't part of her fucking corpse. You're assuming the magical shit going on there was all about DNA or something; that was never actually stated.

user, they did in the ending.

>j-just become smarter bro so that you agree with me

Attached: 1557441175240.png (550x543, 50K)

The Homunculi sucked in 2003, there were too many ways to kill them.
>freeze them with their remains that shouldn't exist and make them throw up red crystals
>kill them until they ran out of crystals
>tranmute their asses

In Brotherhood the only way to kill Homunculi is to kill them until they stayed dead which is easier said than done.

I am confused as fuck. I remember watching a Full Metal Alchemist but I dont remember this mecha shit. Isnt this the guy who gets stabbed and has a sad funeral with his baby daughter?

new berserker?

Zoomer
>you can gain height in half a year lmao

Attached: 1554096429284.png (446x435, 39K)

What are you currently watching/reading Yea Forums
I am readin
Yugami-kun, chainsawman, SNK and kengan omega.
I am reading a bunch of more stuff, but these are series I am actually invested in.

Attached: 1559287233682.jpg (744x1080, 402K)

I never really gave anime a chance until I started coming here a few years back, I never realized how great of a medium it can be. There is so much originality and the beauty of good animation goes a long way into helping you get drawn into the worlds. Wish I could convince my normie friends of the power of anime

>Megalobox and Desert Punk
could someone ever be more based?

>Watching WMM Subs of Yu-Gi-Oh GX and 5DS on Youtube because I was too much of a brainlet to torrent shows despite knowing how to use Lime Wire and using it to watch episodes of South Park.

Attached: 1529853474755.png (410x255, 128K)

This scene hit me hard, even more than in the manga
youtu.be/YGn6qT1sfpw

Attached: Screenshot_20190604-020054.jpg (1920x1080, 487K)

the fuck are you talking about