Did they ever explain WHY Zelda’s power didn’t work 100 years ago?

Did they ever explain WHY Zelda’s power didn’t work 100 years ago?

Attached: 5BF1ED08-D269-4C61-9E9F-92E36965E4CD.gif (410x230, 1.95M)

gods are dicks and itll happen when its gonna happen

Attached: 1558597564608.jpg (2106x2969, 1.78M)

Because she wasn't a virgin. When she came back her body was reformed with the hymen intact so she was pure enough of to harness her inherited powers.

The Golden Goddesses hate Hylia and this was their way of getting back at her for letting Demise shit on the carpet.

her mom died before she could teach her how to use it. so zelda had to find her spiritual awakening on her own. she wasn't able to up to the point where Link was about to die and her love for him awakened the power in a desperate need to protect him. something that happened clearly too late. she used it to hold off ganon while link healed in the shrine of resurrection.

This... makes sense

Its a shame they didnt stick with SS's design

Attached: giphy.gif (320x180, 381K)

She was ugly as fuck in that game.

Wrong

Attached: source (1).gif (500x204, 498K)

Yes, if you found the memories and payed attention. Mipha literally almost tell her to masturbate to help.

Because then there wouldn't be a game.

Right.

>marriage.gif

Literally the best thing about BotW is that they doubled down on the cute waifu fanservice. Made them a gorillion dollars so we'll be seeing more of it too.
Japan saving gaming as usual, everything's going to be allright bros...

It's implied her powers are triggered by her wanting to protect her loved ones rather than praying they'll just magically show up.

>iterally the best thing about BotW is that they doubled down on the cute waifu fanservice.

They could have sent some of that money to NoA to spend on voice acting, so that we didn't have to put up with English Zelda, who was presumably the first person they could drag in off the street, and English Mipha, who was forced into the recording booth midway through brain surgery.

Wait is the English VA still relevant? I thought everyone switch over to original JP as soon as the option was patched in

>Because she wasn't a virgin.

Attached: ohboi.jpg (378x303, 25K)

What's her power?

Attached: 1553000053806.jpg (1046x374, 154K)

This makes me sad as fuck because it's true. Expect more trash like Paya and Mipha in the future.

Option wasn't there when I played it. I kind of want to give it another playthrough, just so I can do it in literally any other language.

Starring in shitty doujins.

They did. Zelda's mom died when she was young, so she had no one to teach her how to control her power. She wasn't able to use it until Link nearly died because she loved him. Did you even pay attention during the cutscenes?

>having shit taste

>there might be a tsun Zelda someday

Preordering 20 copies

Can someone help me understand the purpose of the shrines? If they wanted to aid the hero, why would they make him go through these trials, sometimes deadly ones?

The cutscene where Link fends off guardians implies that the only moment Zelda obtained her powers is when her loved ones were in danger. They were just connected to her emotions, which she hid until the tipping point.

>liking Goblina Zelda

not OP but I would have if they didn’t make me collect cutscenes

fuck that shit

Thankfully, I don't like SS Zelda.

To quote DBZ, "The power comes from a need, not a desire."
Her father's wishes simply didn't click with her because she didn't believe she needed it. She wanted it to get her father off of her back about it. When the world was falling apart around her and there truly was no way to survive, she found the desperation and need for the power. Since she was already eligible by birthright, it came as soon as this happened.

The closest was Tetra and be glad they never fully pulled that tsundere trash on her.

hmm nice butt

Attached: 1534965954813.jpg (757x1066, 148K)

I like the Twilight Princess design best.

Attached: C2641B1A-9BD9-420F-A509-20E32B1DC8CE.jpg (800x1400, 113K)

They are literally Aperture science test chambers, any attempt to reconcile there existence with the rest of the game is futile.
But, it's unclear within the context of the lore, where bonus health doesn't exist unlike the gameplay, what at all the orbs would be used for. I took it as the monks putting trials for a hero to test his abilities, improve, and gain confidence for whatever fight he needed to do.

Based, the only time she looked like a legit ruler.

As long as it means less trash like Midna, I'm all aboard.

Best Zelda.

She doesn't look very imperial, in fact, she looks kind of standard. By what metric do you think she looks like a ruler?

That's your problem for not playing with quality original seiyuu work.

she was alright but my favorite is OOT

isn't TP the only time where she is the legit ruler? Like there's no mention of a king, just her

Attached: SS Zelda fixedface.png (874x852, 402K)

Her mom died which gave her an emotional block and her dad was being a dick to her about being useless and focusing on robots instead.

>that journal entry of the king saying he'll give her a hug when she comes back from the last spring

Attached: 1_fnfDyUBOsqZH_BJGVUI07A.png (320x269, 63K)

Midna was the only time this series had a good character.

that expression means she just farted

Use the actual design instead of the animeshit version.

>trash like Midna

Attached: wack.png (984x750, 667K)

>legoshit

Yeah in TP It would be more appropriate to call her Queen Zelda

Spirit Tracks makes it clear very early that Zelda is in charge of New Hyrule. Everybody in the castle answers to her.

Attached: whacker.png (462x426, 261K)

Because she was trying to use her power out of duty and "wanting to please her father" instead of actually spiritually connecting with herself via fingers to her clit.

Hyrule Warriors had the best design for everyone

Attached: Hyrule_Warriors_-_Zelda_Artwork.png (279x500, 172K)

based and zeldapilled

Attached: maxresdefaultjpg-0d6c40_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 64K)