L4D Campaign Tier List

Thoughts on the Left 4 Dead campaigns?
Revisiting the game, Hard Rain is a fucking terrible campaign. If you look past the cool hurricane effects, the first half of the campaign is boring and the second half always, always plays out exactly the same. Burger Tank might be the worst finale because it's so formulaic.
Also Cold Stream is probably the hardest campaign, the stage two gauntlet is the pub destroyer

Attached: 48700f47e50b8f7d187ac2e0e0c12282.png (457x409, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UUNGEU2vCu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>dark carnival
snorefest, easiest campaign by far
>blood harvest C tier
id say low b tier desu
>the sacrifice
great story campaign and accompanying comic but the first half is insufferably vertical and unintuitive.
>the passing
based campaign, idk why people dislike it
>parish
top 10 final maps of any game maybe ever

Why do people love Cold Stream?

I'd move Death Toll to A and Blood Harvest to B, everything else is pretty much the same.
I like first game's campaigns more for the most part.

What are some good custom campaigns?
I've been looking for some but I dont know which ones are the best ones.

>blood harvest, hard rain, swamp fever that low
are you fucking inbred those are the BEST alongside the parish

questionable ethics is the only one I know

Does anyone?

Attached: 1479336408428.jpg (480x480, 14K)

Move hard rain to at least an A and you are golden.
Go play death craft and the crash bandicoot crash course map. Both campaigns have custom textures.

Imagine still playing L4D....

hard rain is kino

Swap dead air with no mercy

Objective truth incoming

Attached: l4d.png (783x825, 839K)

I can imagine that, but only the second one. Barely anyone plays first game when second one has all the campaigns and more.

Attached: l4d2.png (772x219, 109K)

Attached: truth.png (693x660, 496K)

It's fun, but at the cost of having to endure that finale. Seriously, all you do is slowly wait for zombies to come out of nowhere on the roof, or die

>Rochelle in usable
fuck off voice line spammer

>using voice lines at all
Utter pleb

>Son of a beesting!
Definitely the least likeable character.

>swamp peever
the first and last level are the only ones worth a damn and even the last level is just camping on shrubs. shanty town had a crescendo you could straight up skip iirc.
blood harvest was really hard and had too much vision obstruction.
hard rain is pretty based but the return trip was just the same level in reverse with more vision obstruction, constant horde events caused by the thunder storm, and slowed down movement. the finale was bad desu and if i remember correctly you could just activate it and then camp in saferoom the whole time.

Shit tier

Hard Rain is hot garbage because of the water mechanic which means on higher difficulties going anywhere except for the one dry path is suicide, or at the very least an awful idea. You're always going to cross the catwalks, you're always going to go across the rooftops, you're always going to go through the stilt houses. Finale is the same exact way: rooftop or bust. Entire second half of the campaign is a wash.

>rochelle
actual tier list
>A
nick, bill, ellis
>B
francis, coach
>C
everyone else

haven't played since I still had a crew back in 2011 but memory serves that Dark Carnival, The Passing and No Mercy were god tier, Hard Rain was pretty damn weak, Cold Stream or whatever that official community one was called sucked ass, and everything else ranged from "really good" to "yeah sure we'll play it"

No Mercy and Parish are both excellent, good placement
Never really got into Dead Air.
Dark Carnival is fun but I'd call it a B
Blood Harvest should be at least a B for that finale.
Cold Stream is meh all around
Possibly bump Dead Center up to A, it's my go-to if I want to hop in for a quick game

Now that's a list.

Hard Rain is kino literally get good

GOTTA REACH FOR THE TOP
STAY ON THE MOUNTAIN
DUH NUH NAH NUH NAH-NUH NAH NUUUUUUUUUH

>I don't like it because it's harder
casual

Attached: Untitled.png (388x424, 145K)

I wish I still had friends to play L4D with. I remember beating Blood Harvest on Expert being really challenging and fun when I was young.

>I can't read

Attached: 1508177453254.png (380x380, 235K)

ONE MAN CHEESEBURGER APOCALYPSE

first one was a lot more comfy and had more soul

they nerfed the shit out of shotguns in 2

Melee weapons ruined the pace of the game by making hordes jokes

Attached: AWAKEN.png (468x345, 226K)

They should have had durability as originally planned.

Anyone have a video at the end of No Mercy, playing in reverse, while a coldplay song plays?

Dark Carnival gets points just for concert modding.

Francis/Coach are literally the only considerations for S tier. Bill and Nick are A. Ell-iss is B. Rest don't matter

You know whats absolute F Tier?

Mapping for this fucking game, Jesus fucking christ, if having to use fucking hammer wasnt bad enough, making the map, the director, and fucking zombies even work right was some of the most assbackward shit ive ever had to do.

There is absolutely no fucking way Valve used the tools we have to make this fucking game, or any of there games, but especially L4D. Its such a shame because it had the most potential for customs. The VPK system is absolute cancer.

I'd probably bump both Hard Rain and Cold Stream down to D tier.

I just realized when was the last time Steam was at E3?

Attached: KYCcxco.png (760x839, 760K)

they never are except for big boys in a private room.

Wait I meant Valve.. not like anyone gets that right anymore since they don't make fucking games lmao.

Attached: hahaha.png (1000x1000, 1.76M)

>Swamp fever that fucking high
that's some shit taste

portal 2 announcement I think?

BLARG!

>
>>>>
maybe on normal mode but not on expert

youtube.com/watch?v=UUNGEU2vCu8

reminder that if you dont sprint to the end of the bridge then you're a pussy

Unironically muh immersive zombie experience

I always like that you start in the woods and it's a pretty nature-y map. Sewer level is tense and cool and doesn't drag too long to become tedious for me, and I like that the whole time you're just trying to escape a raging forest fire more than the zombie hordes.

>mfw I binded Nicks longest voice lines to my WASD keys
>source allows for infinite amount of commands on single keys with ; usage

Absolute funtimes.

Attached: 1554151923147.png (500x492, 39K)

>duhuhuh, first campaign is best because it's first!
how do fags act nostalgic for l4d1 when it was only released a year A YEAR prior to l4d2?
also, don't let crash course be the standard for D tier, put hard rain down there too.

>playing classic maps and francis has "dumbass island shithole" on keybind
i miss those days

death toll is one of the most memorable from the first next to no mercy.

>i'm insecure about playing decade old game
i know you love Left 4 dead. I know you love everything about it's ameri-asthetic. i know you love the characters and i know you love th egameplay. And i know you miss when it was popular and most of all. I know you miss when you thought it was fun. And i know l4d represents an era in your life when things were more hopeful and i know you are embarrassed seeing yourself cling to the past.

OMG!!!

NO MERCY AND PARISH ARE MY TOP FAVORITES TOO

OMG!!! HIGH FIVE

Zoomers don't understand L4D because the characters are packed with too much personality. Zoomers don't have personalities