PlayStation 5 Backwards Compatibility with previous gens will run older games faster

Bloodborne at 60 fps at last

Attached: playstation 5.jpg (1273x480, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=takEnWeb6IE
youtube.com/watch?v=tfm5hIz4VMo&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/KaFXQLJfelM
siliconera.com/2011/01/27/heres-how-much-dragon-quest-ix-sold-overseas/
pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/dragon_quest_xi_breaks_4_million_copies_worldwide_but_japan_still_counts_for_at_least_75_percent_of_sales
digitaltrends.com/gaming/sony-playstation-4-pro-console-for-pc-gamers/
theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/08/playstation-boss-andrew-house-ps4-pro-our-approach-isnt-reactive-this-time-around
gamingheads.com/sly-cooper-statue.html
hottopic.scene7.com/is/image/HotTopic/11414345_hi?$pdp_hero_standard$
limitedrungames.com/collections/jak-and-daxter
playstation-gear.com/en/brands/stubbins/merchandise
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you can play online games with people still playing on a PS4 I would not be surprised if they locked the framerate as to not offer an advantage.

>no ape escape 4

>backward compatibility patent
what? i dont get this

rdr 2 at 60 fps pls

Once it hits PC, on The Epic Games Store

Can't wait until it just speeds up loading speeds and nothing else

>Sony will go 2 console generations with only one game
>Bloodborne

Attached: a0eaf15a39b37a1781e1ee34208cf7aa.jpg (1120x1066, 172K)

>sony goes 2 gens with one game, it runs better on the newer console
>nintendo goes 2 gens with one game, but it runs worse on the newer console

really makes you think

Like?

don't play stupid, nincel

meaning you have to pay for that license to play your old fav PS4 games.

Attached: Sony on backwards compat.png (627x991, 284K)

>Sony has one game for 8 years
>Nintendo has 8 games in 1 year
>PC gets most of the games eventually anyway and for free

Attached: mmmm.jpg (350x350, 15K)

I can't think of a single Switch game that came out this year

name 8 nintendo games released in 1 year that aren't ports

>run faster
Either it reads the data faster (because ssd and sata III) or post enhancements like Xbone does.
Patent sounds fucking stupid though if it's just shit that emulators have done for decades.

You go first
Name 8 ps4 games
No time limit.

Attached: 1556104852768.gif (216x178, 39K)

>this is what nincels think

Meanwhile Sony's been getting game after game. Including Death Stranding this year.

>NINTENDO GOT 8 GAMES IN 1 YEAR
>okay list them
>NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU FIRST EVEN THOUGH YOU NEVER CLAIMED ANYTHING AND I DID

the absolute

S T A T E

of nincels

Example of what you said happening?

Not exclusive

>Sony explains how PS4 Pro 2 will play PS4 games better

woah........................

>You think you do, but you don't

This gen was the worst thing that could have possibly happened to video games.

Attached: 1558962337478.png (1280x720, 1.82M)

RDR2

I'm sorry user. You need to clarify for me what you think are video games. I could list 8 games, but I need to know how to choose which 8 before you arbitrarily throw away my list as invalid if it has a game that doesn't meet your criteria.

So please. List any 8 ps4 games for me.

Attached: 1539386764848.jpg (680x907, 46K)

Blood and Truth
Days Gone
Death Stranding
MLB The Show 19
Dreams
Astrobot Rescue Mission
Tetris Effect
Concrete Genie

You gonna paste what the article says or is this just fake shit?

Another thread about people getting triggered by Sony lol

These ones makes my day

Attached: sony ps4.jpg (712x577, 44K)

>snoyboys excited to play old games
You are the same as the tendies

>Sony thread
>Nincels fill thread to shitpost
>Every time

Sony winning this generation has really ruined Yea ForumstendoGaf.

>console exclusive
>also on PC
>Epic Store exclusive

>what?
>shitty zombie movie
>not out yet
>what?
>not a game but ok
>VR shit
>Fucking Tetris? Really?
>when was it released?

This
Based Sony triggering the FUCK out of Nincelgaf by simply existing. The mere mention of Sony's name sends tendies into a blind boiling rage, KEK!

Obsessed.

Attached: sony won.jpg (165x203, 9K)

At least we dont have to buy the same game for 50 dollarydoos

>"Fucking Tetris? Really?" says the nincel as he renews his online subscription to play tetris battle royale

>t-those don't count

Every time.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Sony has done a fairly good job at cutting dead weight from the company, it makes sense that their net profits are going up.

Gran Turismo/sports games are the few examples where there's genuinely no benefit to going back to prior gens. Funny that he pulled that example.

I think Xbox will do the same. They're both basically just x86 PCs so it's just better hardware that can run games made on the same architecture better. Makes perfect sense.

>implying anything the PS4 has except for maybe Bloodborne and Spider-Man can even reach the heels of the jewels of the PS2
This guy actually makes me fucking angry, lord.

Attached: 1554314943315.jpg (2030x2000, 556K)

XBOX already did this on 2015.

bloodborne alone shits on anything you can play on a ps2 you boomer fuck

>backwards compatibility is a bad thing now

Leave it up to Yea ForumstendoGaf to spin that as a bad thing.

Death Stranding is PS4 exclusive

>Funded by Sony
>Published by Sonhy
>Using Sony's engine

>B-but muh journalist said it was coming to PC

He is basing this on an old interview that got deleted

>B-but it doesn't say Only on PS in the boxart

Doesn't mean anything, boxart design isn't final

>B-but Decima Engine can be used elsewhere according to muh Wikipedia article

Plain false, that's Sony's propietary engine, it can't be used by other people

Attached: deltoro.png (1280x794, 605K)

Too bad the only Shitbox game worth playing isn't even backwards compatible (JSRF)

Basically how I unironically enjoy censorship topics, it'll get even better once the PS5 inevitably becomes a smash hit.

PS5 will have FEWER GAMES. Deal with it, snoyggers

Attached: 1559472828376.jpg (248x1024, 66K)

Fuck off. PS2 still allowed big dev guys to indulge on interesting ideas. Almost everything the PS4 has is so safe and by the numbers it's baffling.

Not true BC. And not with all games.

Holy shit

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

thats cool
can I play Silent Hill 2 on it without needing that garbage PS3 port

except GT3 is the best GT

Obsessed.

Attached: blood and truth.jpg (263x294, 13K)

there are already games that MP is better on Ps4Pro, so I don't think they gonna do that

Doesn't happen because retards at From have never heard of a revolutionizing idea called delta time and everything is tied to frame updates.

Doesn't explain why Detroit is on PC and why they dodged the question of Death Stranding coming to PC or not

>MORE IDIOTS BOUGHT THE SAME CONSOLE I BOUGHT SO I’M WINNING, RIGHT?
>also comparing a 2yo console to a 6yo console

I'm still convinced it'll go to PC. I get the evidence against it but Sony published games have gone to PC in the past and Kojima likes working on PC.

I don't really have any investment in the game, it's just a strong hunch I have.

PS4 doesn't have "True BC" either then. It's all emulation or ports, so I don't get your point.

At least on Xbox you can pop in the disc to a ported game and play without having to re-purchase a license.

SEETHING.

If ps5 actually does have backwards compatibility at all I will be beyond shocked. I still think sony is going to lock this shit behind a paywall somehow to re sell games.

Detroit was a deal with Quantic Dream and probably Sony's decision to bring it to PC to expand the audience of those games

At the end of the day, it is Sony's decision to bring those games to PC.

ray tracing on red dead 2 would look amazing

It's probably just going to be like Boned Up 360 games.

Mercenaries Playground of Destruction to my knowledge was never rereleased

I thought PC players didn't like Sony games. Why do they beg so hard to get Sony games on their platforms? It's pathetic.

>Bloodborne at 60 fps
oh sweet child

Can't deny that

>6 games that are multiplats
>2 games that aren't even Sony exclusives
>1 sounds like a joke game
>2 games that are shit

Attached: 1FwYOj_5_400x400.png (400x400, 156K)

Right, and if Sony has worked out a deal with Kojima to allow Death Stranding to also go to PC in a year, as some evidence suggests, then that's their call too.

Sony has said PC isn't a competitor for them.

Will it be 4k though?
Or will it still be 720p, but now in shiny 60 FPS?

>took the time with all of that
>SEETHING

Sony is not wrong. Most of you don't play old games. Christ you don't even play the games of today.

Attached: ar_no_surge___casty_riernoid_by_xxxsickheartkunxxx-d7cqaqh.jpg (693x1154, 124K)

holy shit, i know bloodborne is your only talking point but are you really going to put it above ps2 kino?

>discounting any reasonable metric that playstation dominated the game industry for the past five years

PC isn't a competitor when you delay the port by a year long after anyone who wanted to play the game already played it on PlayStation.

So, can we agree Sony is being based and pro consumer by allowing some of their games coming to PC instead of holding it hostage to platforms?

Attached: 87fdfe0d597a5bfbf8c14df36f6387ee-dc7z3i9.jpg (684x1024, 365K)

Probably something to do with FPGA implementations.

30fps locks are still a thing

>Yea Forums is one person

There are plenty of PS4 games I'd play if they were on PC, just none I'd buy the console for. I don't care for the normal "flagship cinematic experience" games that get touted but stuff like BB, HZD, GOW and Spider-Man all seem really fun, just not $400+ for a PS4 Pro" fun.

Just like Xbox One X right?
Just like console GTA 5 locked at 30fps, right?

It will not go anywhere unless they PATCH those fucking games. This is nothing like PC.

Last PS2 game i played was last week. Today i finished playing PS1 game.

A lot of people would play older games if it was a simple process that is readily available, even dumb zoomers.

Attached: I'VE HAD IT.jpg (1152x720, 95K)

>a patent explains how better hardware runs games better than worse hardware
????

that only works on the Xbox One X because they actually work on those titles. There's no fucking way Sony is going to work on every single PS4 game just to make them run at 60fps.

Bloodborne is probably a given though

Why the fuck should I care about how much money a company earned? I’m a customer, I care about the products, not the profits.
I also own a PS4 and I only played Bloodborne an R&C on it because the rest in garbage

I'm not buying a PS4 or PS5 because I know most of the games I would want to play will come to PC anyways

But you're in the minority. Most people don't think twice about a $300 or even $400 console if it means they get to play their game on day one.

What fucking world do you live in

It's very probable that framerate drops can be improved without patches but yes, anything with a locked framerate won't run faster without work by the dev.

First party games are likely to get the necessary TLC, while other games that have dips will likely be able to stably remain at their highest framerate where they dipped on older consoles.

The fuck are you on about? Not the same user but I am a fucking Zoomer newfag and there's no fucking way you can say that the PS4's Library is better than the PS2's. Fuck dude.

The first world where $500 of disposable income is easily attainable.

Not that guy but your argument is literally just ps2 is better becuz, bloodborne from a technical and story standpoint is more or less as polished as it could be, ps2 games are already gimped by the limitations of the era (graphics, memory, and weaker online infrastructure), other than nostalgia, what makes the "jewels" of the ps2 era so good?

Attached: 1541898247883.png (500x500, 38K)

I'm the end, my PS3 became a nostalgiabox, letting me play older games at better fidelity with only like 3-4 modern titles in my library. It was all HD Collections and PS1 titles purchased from the store.

>from couldn't be bothered to make a pro patch for bloodborne
>people think they're going to make a patch for ps5

The world where his parents bought him a PS4 and he is overly defensive of it because it's all he has

>buying a brand new next-gen console to play old games at a buttery smooth 30fps

It’s also a shame that some of the more important games will probably not be patched, giving no benefit for better hardware. We actually have a nasty precedent for this in form of Bloodborne: it never received a Pro patch, and while PS4 Pro has this boost mode that should help games run better even if they officially don’t support Pro, it does nothing with Bloodborne because the shitty feeling performance comes mostly from bad frame pacing, not the framerate itself.

>Sony throws money at them to put in the dev time to make the game run better on PS5 in order to help move consoles
>Suddenly FROM gives it the work it needs

Not rocket surgery.

Soul

I only game on PC, but unlike I'm fully aware that normalfags will spring for the latest console for a single game and often nothing else.

I literally just played a PS2 game a few fucking minutes ago.

Attached: DBZ kino.jpg (318x445, 55K)

Are the God of War remasters decent? I cant find any info.

Yeah that's cool. Will our PSN purchases transfer over?

WipEOut VR is amazing. When are we going to get 4?
youtube.com/watch?v=takEnWeb6IE

This pic keeps getting better and better.

Attached: image.jpg (480x360, 31K)

I doubt anyone cares that much, and if the game was really that competitive it would already be 60fps

>Drakengard 1 and 3 at 60fps

Attached: oh-yes-oh-fuck-yes.jpg (400x400, 101K)

Normalfags don't handle their money well though. Even poor fucks will waste their money on some shitty console instead of fixing some part of their life

I played them on PS3 and they were good but not amazing. The updated HUD is nice but they didn't do any extra work on the textures or anything. They're uprezzed, have a stable framerate and are a great way to experience them on modern hardware but you're not getting bells and whistles like the MGS/ZOE/FFX HD Remasters where they actually worked on the game to make textures sharper and the like.

What dream franchise do you want Sony to bring back from the dead? For me, its Jak and Daxter.

Sly Cooper. Please. An HD, 60FPS remaster, and a true 4th game, forget that Thieves In Time ever happened.

Why is this post blank?

thats not what it means its refering to being able to run faster because the ssd will be able to load the scenery faster

Bloodborne didn't sell as much as every other exclusive. It's not a priority for sony.

I could be wrong but when they showed the Spider-Man tech demo for PS5, the game ran noticeably faster

The Souls series isn't all that huge, sales are about 3-4 million.

>he thinks PS5 will have ray tracing

cute

No they wouldn't. You know what backwards compatibility on Xbox One was used for? Call of Duty. Not Panzer Dragoon.

Fuck gamers.

Attached: panzer-dragoon-orta-poster-photo(3).jpg (2245x3156, 1.54M)

Bloodborne is capped to 30fps, it can't run at 60fps unless From go in & change it

PS5 isn't going to have PS3 BC

The patent says they can make games run faster without touching the source code

Never played any of the Panzer Dragoon games but I've just ordered an Xbone S for NGB, SSX3 and some other stuff. Is it any good?

They can't bypass fps caps. They can make the game run faster, but only if the framerate wasn't capped.

faster loading, they simply can't make a hardcoded 30fps game 60fps

The article isn't talking about faster loading times but improving the performance of the games

>Sony Interactive Entertainment updated their backward compatibility patent on May 28 to explain how they plan to tackle this issue. The patent goes by the title “Real-time adjustment of application-specific operating parameters for backward compatibility” and explains how developers can ensure backward compatibility while also squeezing out faster performance where it is possible to do so without messing with the game’s code.

I'm glad I didn't buy a PS4.

I did tho

Attached: uncharted 3.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

user that's not how that works. They can't go past a framerate cap that the developer sets. It's not how video games work.

Dude, that's why this is the new patent, i dunno if it works or not but sounds interesting

>“The performance of an application on a new device may be closely matched to the performance of that same application on the legacy device by tuning the operating parameters of the new device, ” reads the patent. It then goes on to explain some of the parameters that can be adjusted this way including clock frequencies, instruction launch rates, and so on. This allows the developers to test and optimize the game that they are releasing for backward compatibility with the new hardware without having to mess with the game’s code.

>“This process may be repeated until the operating parameters are set optimally for the application on the new system. To further optimize, one can adjust the execution of the new hardware to see if the application can be run faster on the new hardware without causing it to fail.”

>. They can't go past a framerate cap that the developer sets

Also this is false, some games like the original Tomb Raider reboot run at faster framerate on PS4 Pro with boost mode. It can break the game tho

That doesn't say anything about removing hardcoded caps on framerate. It'd also be a fucking awful idea because some games will break if they go past their intended framerate.

Maybe this time aronud the game devs won't have to do anything extra.

Overwatch says hi

Speak for yourself. I play more PS2 than anything else.

Wouldn't be the first time, some old games can run at faster framerate using boost mode on PS4, you can go and check your Pro and it says it is recommended to not to use boost mode if the game has problems running it at faster framerate

You don't even know if all those games' physics are tied to the framerate. It's very, very hard to believe that they would just turn the dial to 60fps

>the ps5 will have hardware that automagically hacks the game to remove framerate caps
How the fuck do consolefags fall for this shit every single time? There is no super secret technology that sony has invented for their video game console. Every single fucking time people believe this, and every single time it's not true. How have you people not learned yet?

I've been playing games via emulation for the past year since its been very dry outside of a handful of good releases

If they can run faster then they never had a cap in the first place.

more like 35 fps

>ps4 only has bloodborne

>what is
>dragon quest builders 1 and 2
>persona 5 royal
>the kingdom hearts enhanced series (best versions)
>Taiko
>Project Diva Future Tone
>Gravity Rush/2
>the last of us/2
>Persona Dancing games
>Uncharted
+ the physical and best versions of all video games on PC that work flawlessly with no PC related errors and a perfectly working PS controller

lol

Attached: 1506364812621.jpg (400x240, 31K)

Post yfw they drop a bomb and make it BC all the way back to PS1

Attached: 1551482584260.png (989x940, 123K)

This is a drawing of the pantent, dunno if anyone not named Cerny or maybe Carmack is supposed to understand what the fuck is this about

Attached: WZxhPxftAP8S7F4SxijMYj-1024-80.jpg (1024x576, 83K)

wrong pic

Attached: HJOkXnU.png (501x622, 38K)

a bunch of garbage desu

reminder

Attached: sony pride.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Attached: 1548316192457.png (1280x640, 29K)

did you get any meds for your shit taste flu?

They don't have CD hardware on the PS4. I don't think so.
Unless they made you pay for an emulated digital version... again.

imagine actually believing this.

>fromsoft are incompetent and tie game logic to fps
bloodborne zoom zoom edition

>60 fps
Sorry sweatie but they're going for 8k and silky smooth 30 fps. Normies don't care about fps.

That corporations sponsor gay pride events?
Why are you obsessed with gay people, tranny?

>best versions of all video games on PC

Hows Cuphead?

you listed a bunch of multiplats & PS2 remasters, jesus PS4 sucks

Best version on pc

GO TO BED

well, it's on the shitch, which i have. better than the pc version

the only multiplat i listed was DQB which is on the switch but who cares. ps4 best version.

Well no shit, its x86, all they have to do is put new hardware in and reuse the OS.

>But Nintendo!

Every time, no one brought them up before you did.

Attached: don.gif (165x135, 24K)

At least it's not the nogames Shitch

>KH3
>barely any loading times
>Constant 60fps with no drops
Muh dick

Attached: 1548222077116.jpg (522x522, 110K)

>sony fag trying to hide behind the switch

lol

>n-no don't make fun of Nintendo nooooooooo

The more I hear about the PS5, the more I'm convinced it's not a real PS5 but rather a PS4 Pro *PRO*.

You know, PC has had backwards compatibility forever

>KH3
>Good game

i wish

Not really, some stuff has to be emulated, and Windows 10 has been trying to kill backwards compatibility every update.

Cuphead runs on a $100 PC too. Everybody who wanted to try it has played it already.

Deltatime is a finicky piece of shit that will cause all sorts of timing and physics issues if your framerate isn't perfectly stable. At least that's my experience when I used with Unity ages ago.

Speak for yourself. I've been playing ps2 games for the last two months because ps4 got shit.

kh3 is a fantastic game. dlc is only going to make it even more better

Totally doable, PS5 should be more than powerful enough to emulate PS1 and 2.

Unfortunately thanks to copyright you couldn't actually buy most of the games digitally.

Attached: ruleofrose(3).jpg (1024x768, 197K)

FUCK YOU MOM I CAN STAY UP IN MIDNIGHT WHATEVER I WANT!

>Say, "I don't like Sony"
>Every Snoy in the board: "FUCKING NITNENDO FAGS!!!"
Why is it only Nintendo fans they think about, when I play Nintendo game, I don't think about Sony, so why this obsession for them?

lmao look at this retard, for the past couple of years I've been playing exclusively on emulating ps1, ps2 and n64 games

RE5 was anti nig as hell holy shit, based jap

Differentiating like this would be retarded. Anyone who takes any kind of competitive anything even remotely seriously wouldn't be playing on a fucking console to start. You'd have a bunch of nobodies crying at reddit for half a day and that was it. Then the shills would just keep saying how their life improved 500% by buying the next console and the rest of the pack would follow the marketing.

This HAS to be a joke made by some salty Nintendo fan, right?

Attached: E615E59E-7F32-4BC1-A86E-D4BD95D495F1.jpg (1810x1242, 904K)

Played through it 6 times already, three of which were on crit. It's pretty rad. Can't wait for the DLC.

Attached: PatheticXaldin.png (919x580, 456K)

>Sony can't understand why people would want to play PsOne and PS2 games when there's PS4 games to play.
Maybe because there are just no games aside from Bloodborne? PS4 is just trash.

I don't give a shit about PS4 BC since I don't have a lot of PS4 games. PS3 and PS2 BC better be there otherwise Sony can go fuck themselves.

>Windows 10 has been trying to kill backwards compatibility every update
(you)

Attached: Capture.jpg (768x478, 61K)

You're doing that because you can't name 8 nintendo games that came out this year and are not ports.

Because 9 times out of 10 when they are called out that reply gets mass quoted with "b-but Sony"
Gee I wonder who was found out.

Try to run a 16bit program in Windows 10, which you can in 8.1 and 7.
x16_x64 compatibility was killed in 1607.

>i love disney because im a manchild

the gameplay is worse than FFXV

One of the first trailers even prominently featured the letters NIG in bright red just before the killng starts.

Can't wait for it to only be the PS4.

Lets be real, r/patientgamers has 300k subs.
Backwards compatibility is a meme. I really wish more people played the classics but its E3 this and eceleb that.

Attached: top-100-rpgs-planetscape-torment(2).jpg (628x360, 64K)

What program do you need to run that is 16-bit? Why don't just emulate Win2k and use it there?

Since you wanna be clown.

Attached: 1674360642.jpg (1013x1200, 99K)

How did it got a pass in the western world?
Even the watered down version is based as hell

i like good video games. i don't give a shit about disney beyond KH, and it blends so good with the Final Fantasy-like characters that it might as well be it's own thing. you're a fucking shit taste retard if you would say the same thing about any nintendo games.

plus, no, not in any way. KH3's battle system fucking slaps. we need more games like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=tfm5hIz4VMo&feature=youtu.be

The Nintendo tranny discord invades ps threads and this board is basically reddit nintendo

You fucking faggots need to go back to your hole you call home

Attached: annoyed.png (600x465, 462K)

16-bit compatibility on 64-bit Windows was never a thing since the beginning, even back with WinXP 64-bit. 32-bit Windows can still run 16-bit apps fine tho.

Recently? Math and CAD programs.
related to videogames?
A few 98-2000 era games.
You can easy add backwards compatibility to the OS for it, Microsoft just said fuck it and refused to do it.

youtu.be/KaFXQLJfelM

Snoyfags are obsessed with anything Nintendo and Microsoft Xbox.

Imagine how fucked the market for previous generation playstation games will be if this gets confirmed.

But I don't think this is happening considering Sony has already put a lot of resources in PS Now. Personally I hate video game streaming and hope the concept never takes off.

Attached: 56980888_115847762943756_8190847495867935988_n.jpg (750x750, 58K)

Turns out that black guys don't actually care about that. The game originally did get A LOT of blowback for its inescapably obvious racism but a lot of blacks didn't want the game to be changed at all. Some even wanted Capcom to put their actual likenesses into the game as zombies.

nice call to raid linking your own thread

>posting the same kino battle where roxas fucks shit up for 1 battle
>not doing anything in a video game and thinking anyone would actually do this beyond posting a video for kicks and a first playthrough nonetheless

barry go away

Anyone that keeps up with gaming would know hes talking about BotW which ran 2x better on the Wii U version

Don't care about Bloodborne or any Yea Forums shit but if I can play Tales of the Abyss or Xenosaga on the PS5 undubbed...

Attached: 143493-tales-of-the-abyss-fixing-the-glasses.jpg (280x210, 11K)

Attached: pl.png (417x543, 161K)

Nothing surprising. They finally didn't go full retard by not making clusterfuck hardware for devs and backward compatibility with PS4 like did with PS2 and especially PS3.

You can easily install a cracked version of VMware and run a virtual ecosystem for your programs, but instead you are sitting there whining about why a global corporation does not give a shit about your opinion on backwards compatibility on the video games board.

>having gay images in his folder
What a queer.

I just boot into a older version of windows.

>So how can PS5 run PS4 games faster?
>Well, you see the PS5 has a faster CPU
>yeah?
>and a faster GPU
>yeah?
>And because of that it can run games faster. That's patented btw
>what?
>what?

What kind of FPS will 8k ray tracing have?

>dragon quest builders 1 and 2
Everybody plays DragonQuest on Nintendo. Nobody plays it on Sony. DQIX on the DS sold better than DQXI on the PS4 in the West. Even Square-Enix realizes this which is why DQXIS is such a massive upgrade.
siliconera.com/2011/01/27/heres-how-much-dragon-quest-ix-sold-overseas/
pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/dragon_quest_xi_breaks_4_million_copies_worldwide_but_japan_still_counts_for_at_least_75_percent_of_sales
>persona 5 royal
Imagine buying the same game twice.
>the kingdom hearts enhanced series (best versions)
Imagine buying the same games THREE TIMES!
>Taiko
Also on Switch
>Project Diva Future Tone
Eh, it's okay, but the Project Diva games aren't that great. Just watch a vocaloid playlist on Youtube, and there are a million rythm games everywhere to fill that niche.
>Gravity Rush
Not so much the first one, but the second game is great. I'll give you that one.
>last of us
No
>Persona spin-offs
No, these games are cancer.
>Uncharted
No

seconded. i really dont want to pay 100 bucks just to be able to play the god damn game through ps now

Well, there you go. The problem got solved before it was a thing.

Attached: 1556200011400.png (600x600, 347K)

So they're the most cucked race after all

KH3's story sucked, but the gameplay is great. It and 2FM are easily the best games.

30 on the PS6

I wonder if it has backwards compatible censorship.

Attached: 1552247292870.png (240x240, 94K)

I don't care, I'm never supporting Snoyny for as long as they maintain their cucked policies.

This will never compute with me. Oh no, one company is doing better than the other? Darn, the one doing worse' games are suddenly not fun anymore, argh.

>imagine buying the same game multiple times
But isn't that what Nintenfags been doing all their lives?

Exactly, bro.

>Everybody plays DragonQuest on Nintendo
nobody cares. DQB is 60fps on ps4 and plays better and looks better on ps4.

>Imagine buying the same game twice.
persona 5 is the best game of this generation. the new revision is going to refresh the experience and make it the best game the next generation as well. PS4 only.

>Imagine buying the same games THREE TIMES!
best versions of good games and the best version of the absolute best action RPG KH2FM? Ps4 only. Only real vidya enthusiasts would crave it.

>Also on Switch
Different, shittier version.

>Eh, it's okay, but the Project Diva games aren't that great
it's the most incredible rhythm game to date content wise. your shitty PC mod trash version could never compare. Also PS4 only

>Not so much the first one, but the second game is great. I'll give you that one.
You'll give me both.

>last of us
No
Actually yes. No matter how hard you try to fit in with your fake vidya enthusiast club, the last of us is a great, refreshing video game with addicting gameplay and fantastic cutscenes you don't want to skip. Same with Uncharted. These games go great with the type of people who love Japanese games and shows they have taste other than their weeb shit.

>Persona spin-offs
No, these games are cancer.
They are anything but. They are for the real persona and rhythm fans and you can only get them on Ps4. Great music and cute waifu dress up. Haru is the best.

Its funny because a lot of people give Windows shit because it supports so much older software and hardware.

Even MS had to start cutting things at some point. Still most games from 1995 and onwards you can get running.

>when there's PS4 games to play
If only this were true.

So like is Revengeance just no longer my favorite action game ever because Konami put a gun in their own mouth?

If you seriously think that buying Mario Odyssey is the same as buying Mario 3D World, then that means buying Bloodborne is the same as buying Demon's Souls. Therefore, PS4 has no games.

I just started playing mega man 0 games yesterday user

>muh bloodborne

is that really the only argument poorfag console users have?

Exactly, bro.

>Death Stranding is PS4 exclusive
Until it isn't.

>bing
>bing
>wahooo
Yep, they're pretty much the same. And not only that but you've been eating Super Mario rehashes to this day, also, Mario Kart, Tennis, etc. So it's pretty hypocrite from your part to call out someone for buying a game twice.

>persona 5 is the best game of this generation.
lol

Attached: 1449364798789.jpg (400x309, 86K)

>32-bit Windows can still run 16-bit apps fine tho.

Good news,
>In a post on the Xbox blog, Microsoft VP Phil Spencer says the folks at Microsoft “recognize that Win32 is the app format that game developers love to use and gamers love to play, so we are excited to share that we will be enabling full support for native Win32 games to Windows 10”

Bro...

Not interested if cant run ps1 and ps2 games

lol pclosers are the poorfags. consolechads like myself own every great console to date with beautiful physical versions unless it's like the 3ds which calls for a nice hacking.

yup, it is.

>Game is locked to 30fps
>Doesn't have a PS4 Pro patch
>"Guys it'll magically run at 60fps now"

Attached: 12315618541.png (197x387, 131K)

>hit
>roll
>hit
>roll
Yep, they're pretty much the same. And not only that but you've been eating Souls rehashes to this day, also, Dark Souls 3, Nioh, Code Vein, etc. So it's pretty hypocrite from your part to call out someone for buying a game twice.

Microsoft will end up overtaking Sony next gen because Sony is getting cocky again. PS3 was a disaster for the first half of its life.

Attached: unknown.jpg (922x1237, 75K)

DUDE

Hey you, that rat is LTG's fuck buddy! Unlike LTG, Ted Cruz isn't part of the DSP Cinematic Universe, so he's not allowed to fuck that rat.

Attached: 1559386508899.png (332x440, 170K)

Lmao, don't go in damage control mode now, user. You're were the one dismissing the point of a game being on PS4-only by saying stupid shit like "imagine buying a game twice", when Nintendo been releasing the same 1st party games every generation. Imagine being you and getting this frustrated over an internet discussion, lol.

Attached: 59fa1b044d05ac20008b513e-750-498.jpg (750x498, 68K)

You just know that the games will be remastered and done "The way they should have been made". To make them suitable for current year audiences.

Look all I want to know is does this mean I can play the all the Ratchet and Clank games that are on PS3 on a PS5? Or are they being retarded and only doing PS4 BC?

Yea Forumsintendogaf was outraged when the wii u had backwards compatibility and the ps4 didn't.
now that the ps5 has backwards compatibility and the switch doesn't, it suddenly doesn't matter anymore.

>hes talking about BotW which ran 2x better on the Wii U version
That wasn't even true pre patch.

i'm gonna fucking pass out

>Well, you have to pay for playing the PS4 games on PS5.
>why?
>There is no such thing as a free lunch.
>... ok
>Check out that the last of us remastered for PS5. Excited?!
>..... Why rehash?
>It is best PS5 exclusive game!
>OK!

Attached: 1403045598694.gif (640x361, 1.86M)

>A lot of people would play older games if it was a simple process that is readily available
it is. it's called roms and emulation.

>VR game
Lol

who are you quoting retardo?

>Sony has said PC isn't a competitor for them.
Which explains why when the PS4 Pro was coming out they said it was a competitor for them and they made the Pro to prevent people from hopping ship for better horsepower on PC.

So basically Sony is becoming Nintendo, is that what you're saying?

you, retardo

>>dragon quest builders 1 and 2
Multiplat
>>persona 5 royal
Re-release of a port
>>the kingdom hearts enhanced series (best versions)
Ports, except 2.8 and the small changes to 3d they're all regular FM versions.
>>Taiko
Multiplat
>>Project Diva Future Tone
Kusoge
>>Gravity Rush/2
Rehash of the original
>>the last of us/2
Densetsu no kusoge
>>Persona Dancing games
Worse than DAN
>>Uncharted
Kusoge

Not a very good line up. Even if you have no standards that's 8 including Bloodborne.

>buying same game twice/three times
What kind of dumb argument is that? It's like GTAV don't exist on PC because I bought it for Xbox 360
>No
Yes

It's either faster loading or
>It can break the game tho

I never said anything like that though. You must be mentally handicapped.

If they were they'd be doing less rehashing.

The Pro was an answer to the Xbox One X, Microsoft is the only direct competition Sony has.

>So basically Sony is becoming an uber jew, is that what you're saying?

Yes.

>sequels are rehashes now
>kusoge
Imagine being so desperate

Didn't the pro come first?

>Microsoft
Zzz...

>The Pro was an answer to the Xbox One X
digitaltrends.com/gaming/sony-playstation-4-pro-console-for-pc-gamers/

What?

Attached: 1559479753742.jpg (2754x1278, 958K)

>>dragon quest builders 1 and 2
>Multiplat
>15fps switch or ps4
great multiplat...

How embarrassing for you. Maybe you just don't like video games? Maybe take up belly dancing, I hear you've already got the equipment.

Attached: 1512877964121.png (802x523, 783K)

If I can't play my favorite PS3 games at above 20FPS then not interested

then you are not this poster ?

>no true game like EDF5

Why are Snoynigger so cucked?

>digital trends
These are not Sony's words retard.

How about you literally read the first paragraph you nonce.
>In a recent interview with The Guardian, the head of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Andrew House, admitted that the company didn’t even consider the Xbox as a competitor when it was developing the upcoming PlayStation 4 Pro console. Instead, the company set its sights on the PC gaming market after discovering what happens midway through a console’s lifecycle.
It links to theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/08/playstation-boss-andrew-house-ps4-pro-our-approach-isnt-reactive-this-time-around

Switch and WiiU are in the same generation.

I'll let you know how much I enjoyed Death Stranding, maybe you can just watch a Twitch stream. That's almost just as good, right? hehehe

Snoy doesn't give a shit about Bloodborne

No, he didn't say anything like that either.

>>sequels are rehashes now
They are when the only new mechanics are essentially flashy speed up and slow down buttons. Outside of the moments when you're locked into them you never have to use Jupiter or Lunar and can get by entirely fine playing it like it was the first game.

As for the kusoge games, how many third person games with a companion, basic gunplay and adventuring can you have in a single generation before you get tired of it?
Uncharted in particular has barely changed over time outside of the story.

Based ApeScapeAnon

I just wanna play my PS2-3 games again Sony. I don't wanna buy them again or use your whacky ass PSNow.

Attached: 1495234398041.png (272x207, 77K)

So you bought the same game twice on the same generation? Kek, nintendies are stupid after all.

Cope nincel

And new story, music, characters, gameplay features, missions, yeah, totally rehash.
>how many third person games with a companion, basic gunplay and adventuring can you have in a single generation before you get tired of it?
I can ask the same about sports games, weeb games, fps games etc.

>except Zelda they all have something the older version doesn't
>three are sequels with a metric fuck ton of content compared to their predecessors
Tell me, what's new in TLoU remastered?
How about that SoTC port?
Wipeout?
Uncharted collection?
Persona 5?

That’s blantantly false but thanks for trying

>So you bought the same game twice on the same generation
No

At least they have better graphics and framerate than Switch ports.

I’ll buy them again if they give me the fucking option. Criminal that the Jak games are on PS4 but Ratchet & Clank and Sly aren’t. I just want to play R&C3 again

Nice try but builders is 60 and drops in the same places on both.

Only need 3 words to trigger half Yea Forums
>PS5
>BACKWARDS
>COMPATIBILITY

Fuck you all, I'm gonna PLAY videogames like a fucking neet pig in this NEW entertainment system.

Attached: 1509129737289.jpg (792x792, 396K)

Just make Ape Escape 4

Yeah, 30/1080* is way better than 60/720

Why not just buy PS4 again?

Tlou Remastered is 1080p and 60fps, Zelda is 30fps with dips. You really suck at baiting Nincel.

?

The only good statements in the whole thread.

>Tlou Remastered is 1080p and 60fps
Yeah with massive drops at times that go below 30 because of that hyper realistic meme.

>Yeah with massive drops at times that go below 30
Wrong again, although true for Zelda on Switch. You are really funny though.

Where the fuck are you're franchises at Snoy?
>WipEOut
>Ape Escape
>Legend of the Dragoon
>Wild ARMs
>Twisted Metal
>Ratchet & Clank
>Jak and Daxter
>Fat Princess
>LittleBigPlanet
>Buzz
>Singstar
>Sly Cooper
>Killzone
>SOCOM
Being a PlayStation owner is suffering

This

Sony defeated MS in every generation, this one will be the same.

None of those could be converted into over the shoulder action games with 8 hours of movie sequences.

>with 8 hours of movie sequences.
None of these games have 8 hours of movie sequences. Seems like lies and manipulation is only thing Nincels can do, this is another proof of Sony winning.

>fat princess
>buzz
>singstar
Do you actually care or did you copypaste so online list of series that haven't got games in a while.

Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog are too busy with muh realism for anything cartoony anymore. Ape Escape may hopefully see a rise again given the new shit we've seen. Praying real hard for something to come out of that

Attached: 1513286377711.jpg (166x166, 10K)

Maybe they don't want to go easy way to forever making rehashes like Nintendo.

Something Xbox One X already does and for free

Reading comprehension

>Legend of the Dragoon
They were working on a sequel but the jews at Squaresoft decided to cancell it for financial issues.
>WipEOut
Conform to the shit remaster with shit music.
>Twisted Metal
Last gen was a little trashy. They were working on a failed movie and a lot of money and time went into that shit.
>Ratchet and Clank
Last gent had good games but not as good as original trilogy so it faded into oblivion.
Conform to remasters I guess.
>Jak and Daxter
Naughty Dog merciless killed the franchise in last PS2 days.
Conform with remasters (as with Ratchet and Clacnk and other platformers in other consoles like Conker and Banjo).
>Fat Princess
Most of the market of that game is in Japan and even there has lost a lot of popularity.
>LittleBigPlanet
They will still releasing one LBP per generation to keep the general public like little kids.
>Buzz
Dead.
>Singstar
Dead.
>Sly Cooper
Like Naughtydog did to Jak and Daxter, Suckerpunch did to Sly Cooper, but in a less painful way.
>Killzone
Still alive.
>SOCOM
Dead.

So yeah, we're fine.

>direct answer to direct citation
>complain about reading comprehension
Are you retarded?

actually good and fun gameplay? Bloodborne is good but it's just one game out of about 50 amazing ps2 titles.

>Ratchet and Clank
>Last gent had good games but not as good as original trilogy so it faded into oblivion.
>Conform to remasters I guess.
Ratchet PS4 is the highest selling Ratchet game yet

*GT4 teleports behind you*

Could be nothing
gamingheads.com/sly-cooper-statue.html

hottopic.scene7.com/is/image/HotTopic/11414345_hi?$pdp_hero_standard$

limitedrungames.com/collections/jak-and-daxter

playstation-gear.com/en/brands/stubbins/merchandise

>where are these games?
>"None of those could be converted into over the shoulder action games with 8 hours of movie sequences"(so sony stopped caring about them)
>HURRRR THOSE AREN'T MOVIES
I'm not sure how you fail to understand the snarky point being made