Evening Star, the new studio formed from Sonic Mania devs, is going to be at E3 this year

Evening Star, the new studio formed from Sonic Mania devs, is going to be at E3 this year.
twitter.com/EveningStarStdo/status/1135633002975748098
Do you think it'll be Mania 2, or something else?

Attached: shut up tails.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk
vgmdb.net/album/15718
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aww yiss niggy. Any shot of Mania 2 being announced?

Attached: (SuperStarSagaBatttleTheme).gif (312x312, 922K)

We have no clue what the hell is gonna happen with Sonic post-2017. Mania's existence completely fucked the Sonic cycle and for good reason. I really hope we get another Mania or another Sonic whatever it'll be called from them though.

Sonic 3D Blast 2

Attached: 220px-Sonic3D.jpg (220x311, 26K)

>that feeling when I hope that it's a new property, but all the fans and most likely the devs included just want it to be sonic

Unironically hyped

SHADDUP TAILS

With any luck it will be Sonic Advance Mania.

God I hope this means Mania 2 is getting announced but I guess even if that's not the case I'd still be very interested in seeing what original game they make.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk

Sonic X-Treme Mania.

It's happening and you guys can't stop it. Screencap this.

A sequel to Sonic Mania but it uses levels from underrepresented or disliked classic Sonic games
Imagine a reworked Toxic Caves from Sonic Spinball or any of the levels from Knuckles Chaotix
Probably throw a Sonic Drift & Labyrinth mini-game in there too

How about a game that actually remixes tbe fucking Genesis 3D Blast credits theme?

IT'S HAPPENING

Attached: 1559308364157.jpg (340x191, 58K)

Whatever, I just hope for a fun game.
Lot of casuals didn't even touch mania because "it's just sonic, now excuse me I have to play my AAA garbo", so I would be ok with something original.

Attached: 1556800591484.png (531x518, 38K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>unironically thinking you're getting mania 2
it's probably an OG (original game)

Mean Bean Machine 2: Bean Harder

I don't think it's anything Sonic-related. Sega in the past has typically announced new Sonic games during the months before E3, not at E3 itself (with Forces and Mania being a special case). Then again, they also used to release new mainline Sonic games every other year and never delayed shit, so who knows. Maybe their past approach to Sonic shit has been thrown out the window.

Attached: 1534039089924.png (450x450, 321K)

They are going to announce an “original” game that’s just a world of OCs with the classic Sonic engine

Literally just Freedom Planet but with better devs

I'm hoping it's something original. I love Mania and classic Sonic in general but it'd be really cool seeing something new from these guys.

>They are going to announce an “original” game that’s just a world of OCs with the classic Sonic engine
I think they'd do something more original. The Mania devs never came across as the type of guys who would make OCs if you knew them from the fan community. I guess Stealth has a fursona or whatever but that's it.

>soundtrack for the ova was never released.
tragic

Attached: 1539024373964.gif (160x220, 308K)

If they make a new classic game with completely original levels, there's a good chance it will be the best Sonic game ever.

I don't think Webber has hyping up E3 at all for Sonic, so I doubt it.

I kinda really get the feeling they're gonna make something new and original (not Sonic).

Sega is never going to let them make another Sonic game because muh japanese pride.

We got a clean version of Look Alike in the credits, and that's what matters to me the most.

Sega wouldn't have let them delay the game from it's initial release to add more content and later allowed dlc and a physical release if that was the case.

Sure. And that's why we got a DLC. And a series of animated shorts. And Tee Lopes & Hyper Potions on the TSR soundtrack.

Attached: knuckles mushroom.gif (498x510, 549K)

While I am hyped for the idea of an original game by the Mania team, it would be bittersweet because that would essentially mean Mania 2 isn't happening any time soon, if ever

Also, Mania sprites and paint kits based ok Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon in TSR, plus a shit ton of merchandise based on Mania

>it would be bittersweet because that would essentially mean Mania 2 isn't happening any time soon, if ever
Or worse, it happens but with different devs.

I wouldn't say that. There's nothing stopping SEGA from making a Classic Sonic game themselves or getting another third party team.

Whether it'd be good or not is a different story, though.

*on

Mania Plus didn't have the exact same configuration of devs, and the new content that was there was good.

Does SEGA even announce anything Sonic related at E3? I don't think they've announced any new Sonic games at E3 at least for the past few years.

I don't think so, E3 is usually gameplay or trailers for games we already knew about/were announced prior

The only thing I really enjoyed from Mania Plus was Ray (Mighty a little less so since he was essentially an easy mode character). Everything else I felt was a step down from the main game. Encore mode felt lackluster from what could have been if approached from a more creative standpoint, a lot of the level palette swaps were ugly, and while I liked the concept of the character switching mechanic, its implementation felt like it could have used more time being tweaked.

Can't say I'd be too excited if another Mania game happened with different devs.

If they can still use the Retro Engine, then really at bare minimum they just need to have good level designers and artists.

I don't consider Encore Mode to be new content outside of the things that were actually new in it like the Angel Island opening and the pinball minigame.
I meant stuff like the new Metal Sonic fight.

I think SEGA prefers either their own events or SXSW for announcing Sonic stuff.

Probably an original game. Taxman already works on Sonic and Freedom Planet. I kind of doubt he'd make his studio do another take on Sonic.

>I meant stuff like the new Metal Sonic fight.
The new Metal Sonic fight felt like something that intended to be there the whole time, but the original devs ended up running out of time before it could be implemented properly. Probably why it was included in the free patch when Plus came out along with all of those new transitions.

Yeah, me too. It's why if they announce any other game it won't be until next March

>SXSW
There's not much substance at that panel.
Hell, this year it ended up getting one-upped like two weeks later by Sega FES with its Mario & Sonic 2020 announcement.
SXSW is where you can announce a Mania DLC. Not a Mania GAME.

TSR got announced at that SXSW. It really depends, if they got another 2 game announcement like with Forces and Mania in 2016, then they'll probably do a big event again.

>Sonic Handheld Mania please
I'll be stoke with whatever it is, even if they go the Freedom Planet route.

Attached: 741.jpg (463x462, 46K)

theres also a loseless version in a 2009 compilation CD though its shortened
vgmdb.net/album/15718

>TSR got announced at that SXSW
It wasn't a proper announcement any more than Iizuka saying there was a new mainline game in development was an announcement.
It was a short teaser, and they most likely planned to have the proper announcement at E3, but they had to reveal it early because of a Walmart leak.

speaking of, when is FP2 coming out?

Soon, after Mania 2

Does Whitehead solely own the Retro Engine?

What I want is for them to make some original sprites instead of just remaking the classic sprites. Like actually make some sprites based on Hesse or the CD style.

>Freedom Planet
The wiki has Spring / Summer 2019; pic related is the source.
Steam has Late 2019.

Attached: FP2 Release Date.png (707x207, 61K)

Yes. it's been rebranded as the Star Engine now that Evening Star exists.

They pitched a new Darkwing Duck to Capcom so they're probably not doing Mania 2. That said at some point I want them to do a Comix Zone Mania, Ristar Mania, Panzer Dragoon Mania, Vectorman Mania, something like that.

>They pitched a new Darkwing Duck to Capcom so they're probably not doing Mania 2
Stealth pitched that and Stealth isn't a member of Evening Star.

hype

Attached: sonic walk comparison.gif (540x186, 138K)