Death Stranding

Can't wait

Attached: 1559159314886.png (1919x840, 832K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=InTCgOf6LkY
dsogaming.com/news/hideo-kojima-does-not-deny-nor-confirm-a-future-pc-release-for-death-stranding/
youtube.com/watch?v=_yHssX9lc4E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decima_(game_engine)
gamespot.com/articles/kojima-wants-a-pc-version-of-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/1100-6418118/
pcgamesn.com/hideo-kojima-valve-gabe-newell
youtube.com/watch?v=U_oaPY0Brrw
twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1133883495711797248
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=121&v=LczD_rvWtSY
youtube.com/watch?v=G1t4M2XnIhI
youtu.be/KlVY--7G-V8
streamable.com/6ckid
youtu.be/0otXs1LGcp4?t=290
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang_re-education_camps
youtu.be/rP3UngLFou4?t=320
youtube.com/watch?v=K8uLT_EIJjs
youtu.be/piIgkJWDuQg?t=210
youtube.com/watch?v=ooZy5tRactw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bases are going to be shallow again like MGSV aren't they?

Attached: uvozvkkx7i311.png (1280x800, 1.01M)

Well, this time he has an excuse

Imagine if Kojima does this again, the credit sequence before and after every mission in the game, god I will fucking quit playing right away.

why would a mailman be infiltrating bases?

>3 tents
This is looking way worse than MGSV. I'm really hoping for some big points of interests on the map, as well as indoor areas.

Attached: 1559574691047.jpg (1920x1080, 884K)

to deliver without annoying the customers?

An excuse to make shit game design

>Postman is late as always
>"Kept you waiting, huh?"
Bravo Kojima

it one of my fears.
but not metal gear so i hope the base will look more diverse or unique

The whole game is being made this way because Kojima doesn't have enough resources and he spent most of the money on the cast.

I would be more bothered if it has MGSV mission structure. It's 2019, consoles should handle the seamless transitions between indoors and open areas.

calling it now, this will LITERALLY be a walking simulator

>deliveries are loaded on your back, adding weight and taking up space
>each equipment you bring (e.g. ladder case) adds additional weight and space
>the heavier your load, the slower you can change your velocity/direction without losing balance
>your center of mass may also change based on the space taken up, giving each movement direction different safe max values
>exceeding these maximum values causes you to fall over
>this includes maintaining balance while swimming
>when your backpack collides with the ground, equipment is knocked off
>enemy attacks also knock equipment pieces off your back
>if you don't risk your other equipment trying to go back and pick it up during combat, it's gone forever
>porter drones take a load off, but have limited mobility and are easily captured/destroyed
>porter drones are also at the mercy of the physical environment (seen slipping off a cliff in one trailer)
>if you lost some equipment you need to get around, good fucking luck, better find another way around without losing even more equipment in the process

Attached: 1429125057928.jpg (220x220, 17K)

I wonder if Reedus Feetus and Mad Mikkelsen are merely tolerating Kojimbo because he's paying them..

yeah like mgs5.
Spend all the budget in shitty empty open world, actor, and license music.
Dude konami are the bad guys.

Will we be able to customize our armor/uniform/outfit?

any site to download the last trailer without youtube compression?

microtransactions

MGSV had a terrible mission structure, agreed. It's a very poorly designed open world game in that sense. I hope they learned a lot from it and are able to deliver a more seamless experience.

Seriously, the helicopter after and before every mission, the credits before and after every mission, the god awful menu design for picking your load outs. Everything was the same, from the first mission to the very last, it felt so formulaic. I desperately hope that he's come up with something better this time around. If it's going to be a "cinematic" game with a lot of story to it, then deliver that story in a way that doesn't feel fucking hacked up into a billion little pieces and barely strung together.

Kojima tweeted this song 4 months ago aparently

That part that takes place in the other world whatever its called reminded a lot of MGS4 when you have to sneak while armies are fighting each other

I just hope the Timefall and BT spawns aren't thrown in your way whenever you want to just take in the atmosphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=InTCgOf6LkY

Why the president of the united states have cancer?

the same reason one got shot

Reminder that PW was a mistake and it ruined MGSV

Attached: MV5BY2E4OTNlMGEtYmE5ZC00OTk2LWI0MjAtMjRlNzU4MjQ5YWU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjcxNzI5MTc@._V1_.jpg (1445x548, 292K)

This. PW killed the franchise.

She doesn’t. She got hit by timefall

The jews?

the bad ones yes

>jews
>the bad ones
pick one

That sounds interesting.

very based

Pic related looks like some real cool shit if we can actually go inside the silo-esque building.

This ain’t dress up your doll, this is death stranding.

>bases

Don't know why you autists think every ten feet there should be a massive Shadow Moses complex. That doesn't make any sense. It makes more sense to set up small outposts/checkpoints

>go inside
I don't expect much of this desu

Seemingly yes.
The pre-order bonuses implies that equipment has levels (as does the gun shown in the japanese trailer I believe) and that you have multiple types of exoskeleton and some armor you can equip.

the different outfits seem to carry different purpose. I kind of hope they left this up to Shinkawa, I don't want dumb cosmetic shit.

Attached: dssuits.jpg (1301x759, 242K)

That makes lot of senses. I remembered that I saw the scene where you have the hovering drones for carrying extra loads and following you.

This scene was the best in the entire trailer in my opinion;

What if unborn baby Sam is carrying is Sam?

The game is still a fucking riddle, and will be until 8 november, and that's a good thing, i'll check some infos and gameplays that day and eventually buy it one day later.
Im really intrigued by this universe, i guess ill buy it even if the gameplay is medicore

I bought the Ludens Figma a few months ago and pre-ordered the CE just now. Saw Best Buy had an opening in them. Get 20% off. Cant wait.

Attached: Hideo-Kojima-и-его-сын-Чайный-гриб-5230633.jpg (1080x1350, 159K)

Why Japs are good at making games? Is it because Japan is depression the country ?

It seems like to me they are given more freedom by publishers to pursue their vision. Leads are a big thing there. Think of how many Japanese leads you know and then ask yourself how many Western leads do you know?

They create out of of the pursuit of passion, instead of money. Western devs probably try to do with some passion, but then the bigwigs tell them to fuck off and make something to appeal to the retarded masses. Usually kids.

Do you think that Japan will succumb to Western influence?

I dont really know enough. Kojima certainly loves the west and still makes very unique passion projects

Can't wait to play it on PC.

Ok

Attached: 1559409601233.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

I hope it does release for you. I believe it will. The more people that play it the better. Kinda worried about the social aspects on PC tho. MGSV kinda went to shit with the whole nuke thing on PC

Attached: 1559266857823.jpg (1149x1053, 186K)

Previous interview with Kojima didn't deny nor confirm a PC release.
dsogaming.com/news/hideo-kojima-does-not-deny-nor-confirm-a-future-pc-release-for-death-stranding/

Alot of the marketing so far doesn't have the Only on PS logo. even the latest trailers and box arts
youtube.com/watch?v=_yHssX9lc4E

Many people use the engine card
Guerrilla Games owns the engine and they gave it to Kojima with "no contractual obligation".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decima_(game_engine)

Kojima was also a PCdev so he has a fondness for PC and i'm not surprised if he asked Sony for a PC version
gamespot.com/articles/kojima-wants-a-pc-version-of-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/1100-6418118/

Kojima also visited Valve lierally a year ago.
pcgamesn.com/hideo-kojima-valve-gabe-newell

>Q3. Does this mean Kojima Productions now belongs under SCE WWS?

No, it is an independent studio.

>Q6. What other platforms will Kojima’s first independent title be available on, besides PS4?

The title is planned to become available on PC (after PS4).

>Q7. How long is the exclusivity?

We are not disclosing details.

I wont say its outright confirmed but too many clues indicate that it is coming. Say what you want but you cant deny the possibility of a pc release now

I N T E R I O RS

PLEASE

Attached: MGSV Death Stranding.png (1268x1298, 1.46M)

HELGAN BELONG TO HELGHAS...oh wait

I hope he keeps all the cities underwraps desu

doubt.png just because the preorder bonuses are literally joke items to laugh on people who does preorder

>middle pic
I know who's that corpse muahahahahahah

There will be caves

They showed interiors in the trailer before this one. When it's raining and he's talking about being stuck in the rain.

Attached: DEATH_STRANDING_E318_USE_FULL_4K_002_RS_1080_1528813391.mp4_snapshot_05.56_[2019.06.03_16.52.20].png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

i like how Sam looks like average guy.

Can't wait until this game bombs and people realise the problem was Kojimbo not Konami.

so how about that gameplay

Whats the excuse?

This game looks great.

Why do they need to dispose of corpses exactly?

The humanity being even more fucked than your average post-apoc

Norman is very much a normal guy. He did a semester of college and worked in a Harley Davidson shop and met a guy who asked if he wanted to try being in a play

what then fuck are you going to do with a baby in a jar? this is right up there with the dismembered corpse statue from dead island as shit thats hideous, pointless, and look shit in any collection

They explode.

you will be ashamed of your words and deeds

yup, Reedus became an actor by sheer luck
he also is blowing loads inside goddamn Diane Kruger, what a bastard

youtube.com/watch?v=U_oaPY0Brrw

>He was discovered at a party in Los Angeles, where someone asked him if he wanted to act in a play
Based

It's just interesting to me. I like figures and stuff and it's so unique that I want it. Like I never buy these Collectors editions.

Even if the game isn't good which I doubt, it's still a macabre interesting piece and I can say I have a kid and introduce it to people

what you just described sounds so fuckin annoying that it's kinda beautiful in a way, it made me chuckle anyways

Based game unironically

Attached: DEATH_STRANDING.webm (720x404, 2.89M)

Kojima's plan for Death Stranding was to make a blue collar worker a hero for once.
Far from your average muscular American hero.

Attached: 1559560412391.jpg (352x360, 25K)

This game is gonna make so many people so buttblasted.

You really can see so much ideas of MGSV being retooled. Yet in his comments Kojima seems satisfied with how MGSV turned out.

Waiting on Kojima to reveal he shadowed a delivery driver like when they did night psych warfare training for mgs2

And it'll be amazing to watch

woah! Exactly like MGSV!
fuck Kojima, stupid dumb gook can't even write a good story with V

>MGSV kinda went to shit with the whole nuke thing on PC
No, it went to shit immediately and stayed there forever because Konami literally didn't (and doesn't) know what it was even actually supposed to be, how it was actually supposed to work. It's basically cut content accidentally left in the game.

The fuck are you talkin about? It to shit cause Mustards hack

I just hope outfitting Sam for your treks isn't as fucking annoying and expensive as the helicopter in V. I would also prefer safe routes that take an ungodly amount of time over difficult terrain but aren't full of rape monsters.

I mean that is some of it, but also there were hacks.

>coldman
>heartman
>deadman
>die hard-man

do the japs think this sound cool or something? Let me assure them, it does not.

Attached: 1446421266994.jpg (900x958, 152K)

Not just corpses they need to dispose of Mamas too.

Attached: mama delivery.jpg (1270x674, 181K)

There's a chance it's a lamp which makes it slightly more useful than just a baby in a jar but I'm not holding my breath.

Nice catch, user. Might be the different levels of protection we see on the hood like on Baker. Level 5 is presumably the highest.

Im not betting on it actually having the little light up blue part Kojima has. The Gears of war 3 marcus statue while high quality also showed it had lights and ever since that I dont trust lights on CE stuff

>safe routes
why?

Because I'm a pussy, user

the dead attract BTs

actors are whores, never forget this

Can we talk about the crappy AI in the fight scene with the guys in yellow suits? It's 2019 why don't we have good AI yet

they all look pretty advanced why don't they just fly things or use drones to deliver stuff ?

fuck that dumb artificial womb and that dumb fake baby.
just gimme those retarded glasses which are totally not based and i'll buy it

Attached: death_stranding_norman_reedus_glasses_1235216.jpg (640x360, 21K)

Because you dont want Good AI. You want AI that appears to be smart but isn't, Because it isn't hard to make AI that is really good and beats your ass.

for FUCKS sake its just their codenames, like AMELIEs real name is Bridget did you even watch the trailers before talking dumb shit like that

They look like riding goggles. Kojima loves to release cosplay guides. I guarantee you will be able to buy them from somewhere

Wow it's almost like dumb mooks in yellow suits are less organized and deadly that oil tentacle rape demons. It's almost like there are different tiers of enemies.

twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1133883495711797248

the five ludens will probably fuck your shit up if you try something like that

Holy shit yesssss. Is that Ludens lifesize to a human?

Looks like it. I have the Ludens Figma and it's such a cool design.

Attached: figma02.jpg (1200x1800, 290K)

i think people are saying theyd prefer three or four Ground Zeroes or Shadow Moseses in a game over dozens of outposts with a truck, three one-room buildings and a tower

It's half-scale.

Did we know Shinkawa was involved before the latest trailer? That was news to me

I think they're supposed to annoy the player early on. They don't even have guns, just spears.

What the fuck doesn't qualify as a walking simulator by your standards?

>play as Amazon mailman saving the world from the internet

BRAVO KOJIMA BRAVO

>gonna
nigger there's been seven death stranding threads on page one at all times since the trailer

I like this armor less and less each time I see it. Helmet is cool though.

>J.F.Rey
most likely

The figma lets you have the outer see through helmet off so its just the face. Kinda iffy tho so I left it on. Seems loose fitting

even the fucking main character is named
> norman

no it's actually Sam, the CHAD postman, delivering stuff while the Amazon wagie's are trying to catch him

Really? We've known he's involved since 2015 and he's credited in all the trailers.

Underrated

under-fucking-rated

Attached: 1559111067398.jpg (593x767, 55K)

Legitimately had no idea lol

>Bases
Why do you think there will be bases in the game?

They just stood there attacking 1 by 1 waiting to be killed. It's like the old assassin creed games all over again
Stop defending this shit

Reminder that based Kojimbo is banging this and basically you're all fucking retarded.

Attached: D7yKzCsUEAEsVVe.jpg (1024x674, 81K)

Big Boss was a mistake prove me wrong

I orders ludens nendoroid and pre-ordered collectors. The designs are just too good

It’s going to be a third person immersive sim and Sam is going to at least have a lot of technology to help him carry more and maneuver better, just look at the preorder bonuses.

Portable Ops was great, but in my mind PW and MGSV never happened

it took me awhile but i finally got it

Attached: 1488245368883.png (222x293, 148K)

>Cap and sunglasses can be worn at anytime you want as an equipment in the game. Like my other games, all the cutscenes are played in real-time rendering so if you’re wearing sunglasses in the game play, it will carry on to the cutscene except otherwise it’s too inappropriate

So does the game take place in Virginia?

Now with additional text and clarification for brainlets and underagefags.

Attached: all aboard.jpg (2920x2970, 1.98M)

Is Kojima the greatest man that ever lived? Yes

>They just stood there attacking 1 by 1

they clearly show one throwing a spear, one swinging their spear, and one chasing him simultaneously.

>clearny
Hah, just noticed that. Guess I'll fix that later.

West Virginia

way to miss the point
>"walking simulator"
>press W for 20 minutes and click a few times to win
>walking simulator
>manage your balance while carrying stacks of equipment across harrowing terrain and through tense chase sequences, and adapt to the loss of various traversal equipment you were carrying when you fuck up

Attached: 1559513100320.jpg (648x602, 45K)

This is retarded. The Patriot AI system was completely shut down, with certain branches of it completely removed and repurposed so aspects of the global economy didn't collapse.

i dont get it

Mountain Mama!

Attached: 8iujh76yg56t4f6bh6ni7buvhg.jpg (1322x2048, 495K)

Wonder if there'll be a chicken hat equivalent for the casuals.

>direct sequel to MGS4
kojima will be crucified when he used the word NANOMASCHINES even once

>The Patriot AI system was completely shut down
Except for the ones that were stranded in Arsenal Gear.

Attached: AI pod.jpg (512x512, 76K)

it's really simple: kojima game=metal gear game
that's literally it

>all the AI pods with symbols on them similar to the names of The Patriot system that flew away during PW
Why didn't Kojima ever bring that up in MGSV? Its obvious that he intended for them to have been recovered and used for The Patriots, but its like he just forgot.

>game comes out the date Trump won the election

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

Im of the conspiracy mindset that it IS a metal gear game, but I still dont get the picture.
I think it's connected to Survive, like that dude on the bottom left looks like the crystal zombies in survive. I think the portal tech in V and Survive went heywire. And some of the monsters, especially the big ones, look like the nano machine boss in survive.

>won

GW was the only one inside of Arsenal Gear, and that was wiped along with the rest of them. Plus GW was just the censor/filter AI or the system.

>why did this rushed game with no third act have loose ends

This is something MGSV was severely lacking so I really hope they utilize it in Death Stranding. The idea of having to sneak around a city filled with BT's through open buildings and back alleys sounds like it could be really exciting.

>I'm really hoping for some big points of interests on the map, as well as indoor areas.

This pic has some huge weather station in the background.

Attached: Death-Stranding-Screenshot-4.jpg (1919x1080, 1.01M)

Considering the fact that BT's leave behind massive dynamic craters if you get caught in one, I wouldn't count on it.

>Why didn't Kojima ever bring that up in MGSV?
Thanks to my obsession with the connections between Death Stranding and MGS I have started to believe that Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain also take place in an entirely digital environment and that's why these gold bars show up when important things happen.
>GW was the only one inside of Arsenal Gear
Then why did the AIs posing as Campbell and Rose spaz out when GW got buttfucked by the worm cluster?

Attached: GoldBars.jpg (781x433, 63K)

>Drop cargo
Oh shit, I didn't notice that function before. Any more interesting screenshots like this?

I mean they've already shown ruins and talk about cities

>leave behind massive dynamic craters if you get caught in one
Not gonna happen, hasn't even been confirmed. If a crater does happen it's either going to be tied to the story, or it's going to be in a set area. You people are going to over-hype yourselves into disappointment again, like with MGSV.

Attached: kEwABlQ.jpg (705x940, 85K)

Eh Battlefield V has dynamic player made craters from shells and stuff. It's not that out there to make bigger holes in a large map

>Then why did the AIs posing as Campbell and Rose spaz out when GW got buttfucked by the worm cluster?
Because GW was the one controlling the fake Rose and Colonel? Dont you remember the S3 program? The Patriots fabricated the whole Big Shell incident in order for GW to gain statistical information.

And drone/nanomachine swarms look like goop, if they are small/plentiful enough.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=121&v=LczD_rvWtSY
youtube.com/watch?v=G1t4M2XnIhI

>Not gonna happen, hasn't even been confirmed.

“At that point, you’re not dead or alive. It’s the equivalent of that screen that says ‘Continue?’ and a counter ticking down towards zero,” said Kojima. “So as you saw in the trailer, you saw the crater, and when you come back, it’s still there. Most games would’ve taken you back to before the crater was made. So depending on the player, you might have a lot of craters all over the place - it depends on each player.”

Attached: 1419268351004.png (436x446, 162K)

That sounds fucking awesome

>The cord way off in the distance signifies a BT
>It's right between you and the destination for your delivery
>You'll have to weight the pros and cons of either taking a direct path and sneaking past/killing a dangerous creature and risk losing your cargo, or circumventing it and losing time/expending more energy

She breathes through her skin

>Inb4 crater amounts fuck you over via a MGS3 style boss

>Because GW was the one controlling the fake Rose and Colonel?
Yet they refer to GW as a seperate AI altogether in codec calls. If I recall correctly the AI in the Outer Haven modified Arsenal Gear was also labeled GW which raises some interesting questions.
>The Patriots fabricated the whole Big Shell incident in order for GW to gain statistical information.
As I recall the Big Shell incident was a test run to see if they could manage information on a tremendous scale. The statistical analysis was part of the process of doing that. The truly strange thing about the plot of MGS2 is that Emma's worm cluster didn't prevent GW from carrying out its purpose while it was being destroyed.

God, I hope it runs okay on the base PS4

>bomb shell craters are equivalent to the massive WDM-sized craters shown in Death Stranding
Imagine being this retarded. You said dynamic craters. Dynamic craters that big would get rid of story locations, meaning places where cutscenes are supposed to happen. If the ground for a cutscene suddenly doesn't exist, what the fuck is going to happen to the cutscene?

Dynamic craters aren't confirmed, not designated areas where a crater can happen so the destruction won't fuck with the scripting of cutscenes and such. This really is just like MGSV again where you guys just start imagining things based on small tid-bits provided by Kojima.

Attached: 938e558f93c94f8becd4780a16854af8.jpg (700x875, 71K)

he ran out of dev time man, he scrapped an entire chapter.

Well I wasn't picturing wmd tier. More just big craters ya know

>still seething

Attached: trump_laugh.gif (480x270, 2.64M)

>If the ground for a cutscene suddenly doesn't exist, what the fuck is going to happen to the cutscene?
You could easily have exceptions for areas where cutscenes happen? Or maybe there aren't any BT's by these locations?

HZD was locked 1080p. Same engine. The engine is made for PS4

Hilldawg got more votes though.

Craters are definitely predefined and the new trailer even shows how it's going to work. If you get caught by BTs, you'll get dragged to where the center would be. Areas that can't be voided out for plot reasons won't have BTs near them. Simple as that.

The convoy trailer shows the actual size of the craters that happen when someone dies. Go watch it again and stop spouting nonsense.

>You could easily have exceptions
Then it's not fucking dynamic, is it, you cunt?

Someone trying to have sex with Jodi Foster?

Assuming it's like HZD, it'll be locked 1080p on the base and then some weird Frankenstein chequerboarding thing (iirc HZD was like, 1800p upscaled) on the Pro.

They refer to GW as a separate AI because there are 4 AI's in total that each control aspects of society and 1 master AI that oversees the others. After the worm cluster fucked GW, one of the other AI's contacts Raiden at the end of MGS2 and tells him the truth about the S3 program. Also Arsenal Gear in MGS2 and Outer Heaven in MGS4 are the same thing. LiquidOcelot repaired the broken GW inside Arsenal and used it to gain access to JD and take over the SOP system.
Also when Emma's worm cluster took down GW, the other AI's picked up the slack. Remember, in MGS2 they thought GW was the entire system, they didnt know it was only 1 part.

Don't be so rude user. Nobody is being rude to you

its basically going to be metal gear survive 2. metal gear survive was the test run since kojima was making it before he got cut from konami. anyone who beat the game can see the almost 1x1 parallels in gameplay mechanics

Ludens Figma balls

Game looks really piss poor so far

>Then it's not fucking dynamic, is it, you cunt?
How is it not? If the craters are still being made dynamically, then the few times they aren't made doesn't negate it

Attached: 1554242924647.gif (434x434, 60K)

There was also some implications that JD, the main AI system, was going to be a digital recreation of Big Boss just like the Mamal Pod was a digital recreation of The Boss.

>Also Arsenal Gear in MGS2 and Outer Heaven in MGS4 are the same thing
But it's not. They look almost nothing like eachother and have very different capabilities.
>LiquidOcelot repaired the broken GW inside Arsenal and used it to gain access to JD and take over the SOP system.
That is partially true, but Ocelot stole Outer Haven after it was manufactured. The original Arsenal was never spoken of again.
>Also when Emma's worm cluster took down GW, the other AI's picked up the slack. Remember, in MGS2 they thought GW was the entire system, they didnt know it was only 1 part.
Which implies that some of the AIs could have survived FOXALIVE by not being on Outer Haven at the time.

Attached: Outer Haven.jpg (800x450, 37K)

GOTY

Attached: cross eye.jpg (632x833, 184K)

Honestly, shitposting-aside, what are you actually expecting from Death Stranding in terms of gameplay? I'm wholly prepared for it just to be sci-fi MGSV reskin with some fairly prominent spooky elements and tbqh, I'm okay with that.

I told you to delete that wall of text in the middle shitbrain

also you have nothing on Caramel's schizoposting, back to redbit tryhard

>implications that JD, the main AI system, was going to be a digital recreation of Big Boss
>Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain also take place in an entirely digital environment
that goes along with what this user was saying, are you the same guy? I really like that theory.

I wish I could hear what Mads thinks of this game

Implants?

>escort mission
fucking hell here we go again...

BREAKING THE GENDER CONSTRUCT

I want interviews with all of the cast. I never expected any of them to ever be in a video game and I really want to know their thoughts on it.

Attached: a1ad75799d2eb0fa76cd911e4727678f.jpg (800x1248, 240K)

>also you have nothing on Caramel's schizoposting
Why would I want to?
>are you the same guy?
Nah, but I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this stuff. Makes me feel like I'm doing something other than jumping at ruses that aren't there.

>fetus jar is a lamp
Imagine being in a dark room at night then turn a corner and in the darkness see a glowing fetus jar.

BOTW but for PS4. An open world game where traversing it is fun and is part of the challenge not just fights. The world is a character

MGS4 Arsenal was modified by LiquidOcelot after it was stolen from The Patriots after they recovered it from Manhattan.
FOXALIVE spread through GW by its link to JD and then the other AI systems, and Sunny dug through their digital corpses to remove certain aspects of their systems.
A lot of stuff about The Patriots system demise is also talked about in Rising, that is if you want to take that as canon.

it probably means something like an unnatural birth, aka being a luden.

I wont say that DS cant be some crazy AI dream from JD's remains floating through space, but the probability is very unlikely. I would gladly be wrong though.

He's talked about it a little. Basically he said he went out to lunch with Kojima, who had to explain the story to him a few times before it clicked, but after he got it he thought it was very clever.

He said he'd never heard of Kojima before when the job offer was sent to his agent, but accepted the gig after asking his teenage son about Kojima's work and whether or not it was a gig worth doing.

that scar means you're unable to interface with the baby. part-way through the game you permanently lose access to the bridge baby, but gain the ability to see BT's.

Based son.

Attached: 1501741358263s.jpg (125x85, 2K)

I think we all owe Mads' son a lot.

Doesn't the one trailer show Sam having a baby inside of him?

It's going to feature these creatures and other suit dudes hunting you down. I'm expecting that they sneak attack, and surprise you in lots of different ways. Looks to be an intense game of hide and seek with these guys, sort of like alien isolation, but with MGSV style. I'm fucking excited. Knowing kojima he has some great ideas.

>after they recovered it from Manhattan.
Got a source for that? I have never found one statement, codec call, or piece of lore that says this. As far as I can tell the original Arsenal Gear was never mentioned again. They're not even structurally similar.

Attached: Haven vs Arsenal.jpg (894x978, 190K)

Yeah, I remember that interview. I want to see Lea's Seydoux's one.

Attached: 1528770873793.png (660x1024, 697K)

God bless Mads' son

youtu.be/KlVY--7G-V8

skip to 830

That's how I convinced myself not to buy it.

So like did Kojima speak english to him? Does Kojima carry around a translator at all times? How does his teenager son know Kojima's work? He's a zoomer.

I'm guessing that interview will go something like this
streamable.com/6ckid

Norman sounds a lot different than I thought he would.

Otacon says so in MGS4.
>Otacon: "Yeah, GW was one of the Patriots' cell AIs. It was installed on Arsenal Gear. Emma's worm should have put it permanently out of commission. But he somehow recovered and repaired it. I'm guessing JD must be unable to recognize GW even though it's inside the Patriots' System. It's a blind spot. GW was written off as lost while it was still tied in. Using it let him interfere with the AI from the inside. He made contact under the guise of Big Boss's genetic code. Even the AI threat detection system was fooled."
>Old Snake: "A haven on the network... Free from oversight by the Patriots' AIs."
>Otacon: "It all makes sense now. That's why they made Arsenal go berserk five years ago. GW was on board."
However, he could have just ended up somehow getting GW from the wrecked Arsenal and put it in his own ship.

This is my first time hearing Joosten speak
I'm sold!

i would play this until my eyeballs fell out. looks dope.

err user thats not mads

Am I the only one who actively avoids watching any of these videos or interviews where people clearly outside of Kojima's shenannigans and even gaming give their thoughts? It's too fucking cringy for me.

Attached: 341324345.jpg (800x450, 73K)

sneed

>people clearly outside of Kojima's shenannigans
>people literally involved in the making of the game
user...

I don't blame you for doubting it. It's a pretty big stretch. That tweet from Kojima about Social Strand System set me on a spiral.
>Otacon says so in MGS4.
Is this a codec call or a cutscene?

>that ending
>why am I talking about feet

I love it. I love the crazy contradiction of them having their entire body and movements captured and their voice captured yet they have no idea what the story or game really even is.

she's so cute omg

Attached: IMG_1721.jpg (1080x1069, 68K)

>game apparently set in america
>terrain looks like the scottish highlands or iceland or something

Why is Kojima so retarded with geography? It's like MGS3 and its russian jungles and deserts.

Anyone have the Tommy Leet videos on hand?

let's just say Kojima games happen in Earth but at the same time there are little differences here and there.
Just like Ace Combat where strangearth is just earth but with another geography and nations

The games already have a reputation for being convoluted as fuck even among decades-old fans who grew up and are accustomed to all the bullshit.
What do you imagine someone is thinking when they hear this whacky asian dude trying to explain the plot details and themes through a translator or terrible engrish?

creative freedom from a self-proclaimed artist
don't be a autist, Iceland is just way more beautiful than 'Murrica

That's because you're a dumbfuck and completely deaf to context.

>How does his teenager son know Kojima's work? He's a zoomer.
MGSV was very popular and rode a ton of hype, so even zoomers know about it.
Kojima isn't that obscure in videogame circles too.

death stranding takes place on the entirety of earth user, there's multiple continents even the moon mars too

Attached: n6q2o7mprqb11[1].jpg (3840x2160, 491K)

>>game apparently set in america
News to me

Did you watch the trailer, user?

>>Why is Kojima so retarded with geography? It's like MGS3 and its russian jungles and deserts.
maybe the timefall fucked up the geography or something

how have you not watched the newest trailer yet

>implying this won't be the Great British Badlands

Russia has temperate rainforests and some semi-desert regions, although I'm not familiar enough with MGS3 to tell you whether or not they're accurate.

Attached: Sochi temperate rainforest.jpg (700x467, 144K)

I did. It's the United Cities of America as a faction but there's no reason to believe it's the same place. There's so much evidence that they're in another dimmension, at least partially

Then set it fucking Iceland then.

>"creative freedom"
>yet another murrican setting

Yes, it is.

It might include Iceland for all we know.

sam has an AI and he controls himself, the player is the baby and the characters in the game know that the player is the baby. you can press the touch pad on the controller to activate the baby and take control of sam, but when you don't need to or you're making a multiple-hour long delivery, you can go into rest mode and sam will play the game for you. the game world is over 10,000km2, but it's split into multiple locations.

Attached: Death-Stranding-Gameplay-Details[1].jpg (1400x787, 82K)

youtu.be/0otXs1LGcp4?t=290
I've got you guys.

Attached: mads.png (1276x675, 1.25M)

It's not even close to accurate.

Nobody fucking cares about Iceland though. He wants to tell a story about America while still having interesting looking and varied environments. Making some weird post apocalyptic sci-fi bullshit just gives him an excuse to do that.

I can almost believe this. Where are you getting this from?

>It's like MGS3 and its russian jungles and deserts.
MGS3 took place in Tajikistan senpai.

Attached: Central-Asia-Tajikistan.jpg (773x435, 65K)

the mads introduction at 2:00 is great

Zoomers are like 30 years old now

To be fair both Mads and Norman seem to be very down to earth guys that enjoy doing something more weird and experimental from time to time in their work.

China is right next to all these countries I don't even know. How do they deal with each other?

>play as an actor
why is kojima such a fucking starfucker
why the fuck do i need to play as the most overrated actor in hollywood

Unit One is a legit great crime drama and it's ridiculous it's barely known in the English-speaking world. It had some minor success in Australia but that's about it.

>How do they deal with each other?
Not well.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang_re-education_camps

wait a sec... this sounds too logical.
sauce now!!!!!

>most overrated actor in hollywood
I can't imagine what makes you feel this way besides disliking TWD

This would be kino. Literally cinematic simulator.

What's the last Hollywood movie Norman Reedus was in?

Mikkelsen is a pretty normal guy owing to the fact that was already well into his 30s when he made it, so he kept his head screwed on.

mfw

Attached: artworks0002679317546w0eevt500x500.jpg (500x500, 26K)

you're missing the point, Yea Forums!!!

>you can actually go to that mountain and all the mountains
I didn't realize Kojima was a fan of Todd Howard.

>he's telling the player to run

Attached: DBgsb[1].png (1274x676, 596K)

Norman has barely been in any movies.

little thing i noticed in the Man With The Golden Mask trailer that probably has absolutely zero fucking bearing on anything whatsoever

when higgs sees sam and says
>Weeeeellll, shit! I had a special surprise prepped and everything!
only the word "well" has an echo

Attached: 1559498159445.jpg (770x462, 52K)

>you will never share a beer with Mads

Attached: Mads beer.jpg (500x700, 171K)

i'm glad he made it

Attached: tenor (1).gif (325x498, 909K)

I already love Higgs. It's like having a villain Ocelot back.

Do you think before he made it he got a lot of serial killer comments

>or a vodka

Attached: tumblr_oufuq1sP1s1vclyl5o1_400.gif (367x396, 2.91M)

>or a cig

Attached: tumblr_ps9yi2G6Hy1r0g0c4o2_500.gif (500x279, 2.38M)

For some reason I never noticed that he had a bridge baby glowing red when he summoned the BT.

Attached: Red Bab.jpg (505x573, 36K)

dude looks like a god damn pharaoh

If this user knows what he's talking about do you think that our equivalent of red phantoms could have red BBs?

bet his baby is some withered fetus

she looks really happy here with the dick she's getting

This would be pretty cool for certain parts but for the whole game not really. Kojima did say we would become Norman as we played.

why tf is "S3 Plan" underlined? What does that mean in this Death Stranding conspiracy?

>Bridgette... You're the president of jack shit
>Techno violin intensifies
Was this anyone else's favorite part of the trailer? Also, does anyone else think Sam might have some sort of falling out with Bridges midway through the game? The higher ups seem more focused on restablishing America rather than truly ending the BT threat. Or that's what he implied at the end of the trailer.

Attached: 20190603030537_1.jpg (2560x1440, 961K)

Pretty much any time Path starts playing was top tier. My favourite part was when it signified that Sam was gonna stop running and started beating the shit out of that bandit.

Reminds me of MGS2's ending

The S3 Plan stands for "Selection for Societal Sanity." It's an information manipulation system designed to control human thought and behavior via both information and misinformation. It is the Patriot AI's system of control and is so powerful that a gigantic fucking nuclear submarine fortress ploughed into New York City and everyone went about their business the next morning as if nothing had happened.

It's relevant to the tweet because Kojima denies that Death Stranding is a stealth game and then immediately segues into a fictitious game genre he made up called the "Social Strand System." The guy's trolling the fuck out of us.

Attached: ArsenalGearInNewYork.jpg (682x695, 104K)

Norman is important to!

You know none of that it's going to be on the game so stop giving me false hope. It's MGSV all over again.

Attached: 1442622082645.jpg (228x229, 21K)

or a fuck :(

I love how everyone assumes it's "die" like dye, and not "die" like dee, the German word for "the"

>The guy's trolling the fuck out of us.
no matter what DS turn out to be, that the only thing we can take for certain

Attached: 1431197401749.png (600x450, 488K)

get out of here jerry

wouldn't that be gay haha

And what does the word "well" echoing supposed to mean here?

not with him

Death Stranding will be the Twin Peaks The Return of vidya.

those who dislike it will bitch endlessly about what it lacks.

those who enjoy it will not be able to articulate what it is about it that is so good, but they enjoy what it made them feel.

the ride is more important than the destination, frens.

Attached: mpv_2017-06-29_15-30-12.png (641x703, 974K)

exactly, it probably means Jack Shit
i just thought it was interesting that a game with such top tier sound design has this bit of weirdness

>these artsy movies are for brainy people
>that entire end where he fanboys over Mads every single movie
Kojima is actually a fun guy.

I want to know what those spinny things on their shoulders are. It shows it detecting those mud monster things in one trailer, and in the newest trailer shows it deflect bullets from Troy Baker's character.

That's you, the player. The baby. It's a piece of metal, so obviously it can deflect weak bullets too.

The baby controls it telepathically

Wish we got Kyle Maclachlan instead of troy baker

I know in MGSV you could take the horse, D Walker, vehicles, etc. to missions. Sometimes I would just run to the next mission point, not always practical but fast enough.
DS seems to be really leaning towards going most places on foot. I hope it doesn't feel like a long boring chore delivering whatever it is we're carrying

>I told you to delete that wall of text in the middle shitbrain
Here senpai I gave it a shave just for you.

Attached: schizocollage.jpg (2920x2970, 1.95M)

youtu.be/rP3UngLFou4?t=320
>Sam Porter Bridges
Does this mean anything? His last name is Bridges. Hes got the bridges logo and is a porter. And the president is named Bridget? Wat?

You do get a motorcycle.
There'll probably be places that can only be traversed by foot though.

That was also a part I really liked. This was also Kino.

Attached: Kojima more like kokino.png (2560x1440, 2.56M)

It's his company. Named after him.

shoulda been Joosten desu

Attached: 1559442612714.jpg (720x717, 61K)

>tfw PA is wiped off the map in the what I assume is a giant crater

Why are fan theories always better than the product? I want this to be true but there's no way with the licensing.

I saw that too. But from what we've seen of the trailers, vehicles seem to be rare and on foot may be 80% of the game. Hopefully that's not the case

>When you late game unlock giant spike tires and can ride up walls

>That slimy japanese eel grin
YOU JUST KNOW

it's pure kino, and here's why

back in The Day™, your last/family name was your profession, this is where names like Baker and Smith come from, because you (or your father) were literally a baker or a blacksmith
now that america has fallen apart, the importance of names becomes the larger apparatuses you're attached to with your life, the things you do and the reasons why
hence, Sam Porter Bridges, Sam the porter who works for the company Bridges

Attached: 1418887511561.jpg (381x434, 42K)

The enemy patrols also ride around in offroader vehicles, maybe you can steal them if you take the mooks out.
>tfw you unlock jump jets and boost ride all over everything

>Skateboard mode unlocks

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

I still can't believe this is a PS exclusive, like eat a dick Kojima there is no way Sony paid you more than you've made by selling on PC and Xbox.

Attached: 11421843602871.jpg (637x358, 100K)

i cant believe something as serious as FIGMA continues to run rampant in this would

Hey you know how one of the Patriot AIs in charge was named James Madison right? Want to know what James Madison's Vice President was named?

Elbridge Gerry

>That face
We're hitting near photorealism now (considering it will actually look like this in the final game).
PS5 is gonna be the uncanny valley generation...

Attached: 1391905434274.jpg (104x178, 5K)

You really shouldn't believe a game is PlayStation exclusive when even Sony doesn't refer to it as such.

Those vehicles remind me of these
youtube.com/watch?v=K8uLT_EIJjs

>Why are fan theories always better than the product?
Kojima's not a particularly great writer. He's creative and comes up with great ideas but he's not so great at stringing them together into something coherent.

PS4 exclusives and Console exclusives in general look very good. RDR2 and HZD are the best looking open world games ever made. Sure if the devs focused on ONE PC set up they could look even better, but they still already look amazing. Everyone knows PC is stronger, obviously; but that misses the point of what can be achieved with one set of hardware as a target and an OS made for gaming.

Even John Carmack says this

>tfw Kojima's next game will be for PS5

It's probably coming to PC.

need qt tourettes gf PLEASE

There is no assuming. The Japanese version had his name spelled phonetically. You are not clever.

Wouldn't be surprised if Death Stranding is also released on the PS5 with slight enhancements over current gen release of the game, like MGSV.

Do BTs only show up when it rains?

In the forest it wasn't raining I believe.

The song Cliff sings at the start of the trailer also plays at the end when he's talking to the baby.

Attached: 1408128778457.jpg (630x637, 63K)

Homo sapiens, the thinking man
Homo demens, the mad man
Homo ludens, the playful man

Attached: 1559342842610.png (1918x827, 1.55M)

The game I played the most, and I finished MGS3 48 times.
>red
>bad
>yellow
>fellow

What's the song he sings?

Fuck you Kojima, you can't make me learn latin

It sorta sounds like its raining, and you can see water droplets on the screen as he moves, but it doesnt really look like its raining.
But it's right after the part where they say good thing it's raining.
youtu.be/piIgkJWDuQg?t=210

You can play Great Rune for that instead

it's not about latin, it's about stages of human evolution
we're already in the ludens era, the demens era came when religion and philosophy were being developed

yet huey has neither of those colo(u)rs. Makes you think

the cough drop era

So what's up with the WWI/WWII segments? Does it mean time travel/distortion? Or does it mean that's actually another dimension, like a world where dead soldiers are perpetually fighting and reliving their last moments on Earth?

Attached: 1392627145271.jpg (599x561, 26K)

>Or does it mean that's actually another dimension, like a world where dead soldiers are perpetually fighting and reliving their last moments on Earth?
I have a hunch its that.

Pick your poison:
1) It's Purgatory
2) It's Virtual Reality
3) It's the Real World

It seems to me like it's heavily implied to be the land of the dead. World War 1 and 2 created a lot of corpses that died for no reason more or less with their entire lives ahead of them. Dying with unfinished business is a fairly common theme. It seems like Cliff can freely travel between Earth and this other realm while everyone else needs to be dragged there by a BT and then escape somehow. I think it also implies that the dead swear some sort of fealty to Cliff due to this ability he has.

It is.

Actually knew that ever since I saw the second trailer...if you look at Mads' uniform you can tell it's from Delta Force, which is 70s-80s spec ops...so it's going to be some sort of war purgatory stuff.

>.if you look at Mads' uniform you can tell it's from Delta Force, which is 70s-80s spec ops
More like mid 2000's Delta gear.
>modern AR style rifle
>ACH helmet
>NVGs
>plate carrier

Attached: deltaforce.jpg (750x937, 116K)

I wonder if there's going to be a cooking mechanic. I'd be so comfy cooking out in woods and shit.

Attached: 1552802630729.jpg (1200x676, 128K)

>if you look at Mads' uniform you can tell it's from Delta Force, which is 70s-80s spec ops
The real question is this: Why does he appear naked with cables in his arms on the Other Side but in full battledress uniform with soldiers that appear from behind him at the end of the trailer?

Nah, pretty sure those dual optical NVGs are fairly old, he has a fucking compass on his chest for crying out loud.

Trying to find photos of 1980s delta force uniforms but it is difficult...but I am fairly certain it is that

dude, jin-roh

Maybe his uniform magically appears depending on what era hes in

Mars needs Mamas

Its pretty obviously based off of mid 2000's Delta gear. Compass would still be useful to a soldier. Not like they had smartphones with a compass app back in 2004, and dual tube NVGs were still in use back then too.
The AR with modern rails and optics, the MCH/ACH style helmet, desert camo are not 80's things.

Attached: delta force iraq.jpg (960x720, 126K)

None of that kit is particularly modern, neither is the scope.

Either way, it's too old to be considered modern, it's two uniforms from two past time periods.

Attached: mads.png (1949x1011, 1.51M)

>None of that kit is particularly modern, neither is the scope.
I never claimed that the kit was contemporary.

Well, my point being it's from a different era really.

That whole battledress has stuff available before 2000, but it's really just a detail...main point being is we're gonna see soldiers from different time periods which is neat.

>yfw war really is Hell

Attached: fear.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

and she still lost lmao

B R A V O
K O J A M B O

Attached: 1412984066085.png (521x521, 612K)

mads is a luden. ludens have scars on their stomachs instead of belly button scars, to signify an artificial birth.

>tfw hell is really other people

Die Hard Man is a ludens.

it's where humanity is. the world is barren and empty because it's boring, humanity would rather just kill each other endlessly in shit like cod or halo.

blade 2 tbhhhhhh as far as i can tell

based

>hell is other people
>with guns

Attached: 1418092144412.jpg (250x250, 17K)

Sounds about right.

Attached: NO STEP.gif (500x375, 249K)

Yeah, seriously. I was startled in the end of the trailer because I thought they were breaking the 4th wall and showing a real video of Mads.

Attached: mads.jpg (2048x1152, 140K)

wtf is wrong with her lower lip

>I'll show you the real thing soon...

Attached: 1402375781936.png (250x418, 135K)

>End game is on the moon with low gravity

Attached: a_ov_Pepe_160928.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

If you notice cliffy boy has wires connected to the dead in the WW1 and 2 segments (Maybe the wires are under water/oil/goop in the modern version. But if you also the notice in the latest trailer all the BTs have wires coming out of them. Like they are all just puppets.

Is cliff a villain?
Does he work with troy bakers character or is it a 3 way opposition thing?

Coincidentally, Kojima mentions cooking but with Mads. Except Mads shows that he does it with a gun, it's confusing.

Cliff is the Terminator who comes after anyone that would dare enter the other side. He wants to gain revenge for his baby bros being exploited.

Kojima said he isnt a bad guy

Attached: kojambo.jpg (935x582, 117K)

Hah

Attached: we bridges now.jpg (935x637, 185K)

Stop spewing your autism interpretation please

Quiet is Chico

No, he comes to kill guirmo del fatto, and he comes after Reedus every time he gets BLACKED. And he loves babies.

Looks real in a cg way.

Not even close to real life

The realization that it was gameplay was really cool, jokes aside. When he turns you're like WAIT A MINUTE

Attached: 1558399460508.jpg (705x696, 27K)

>Artificial birth
>Mankind can't reproduce naturally so they have to keep cloning themselves.
>Bridge babies are clones. When you see the bridge baby in the throats it's actually a metaphor for the person being the source of the genetic information for the baby.

That's just a pricing gun for his packages

The red and white stripe? What does that NPC do story wise? Or is it a random hostage?

Attached: 6846519841548.png (340x292, 40K)

They're from Rescue Hostage side ops.

Kazakstan is a former soviet satellite that is currently a russian proxy but is being heavily neglected, The Chinese have been weasling their way into the country for a while, they want to build a pipeline and part of the new silkroad though there after all.

Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan are both pretty cold when it comes to chinese relations and the economic trade belt china intends to build is set to just swerve right around those countries.

I imagine there's some dialog there that isn't in the trailer

Hmmm some NPCs say stuff when you get near them and pick them up, i assume this one doesnt have lines?

my theory is that the walking segments will all have codec calls throughout them, and you can communicate to the dead people you're carrying like the girl in the troy baker trailer

Attached: 1559120111498.jpg (1024x949, 318K)

I feel like it'll be that and Stalker style blow outs

Could Sam be a medium of some sort? Or at least become one, over the course of the game?

>the maximum length of ropes attached to anchors is 30m
Fuck, I can see people doing horrible calculations around this.

>modern
Yes.
>current gen
Certainly not. Not refuting your point though.

Like fucking up or making memes about depth? Climbers irl plant multiple anchors

I'd be surprised if you couldn't plant more than one rope line.

Sony have come off as so schizophrenic about whether or not Death Stranding actually is an exclusive I wouldn't be surprised at all if it gets a PC port in the next 12-18 months, but this mentality is a bit silly to have. Sony are the ones funding the game's creation (on top of chipping in their own technical guys like Cerny and that Guerilla programmer), setting him up with the actors and giving him creative freedom, so it's really only fair they get dibs on it.

Why didn't Phil Spencer fund Kojima instead of buying a bunch of C-tier studios like Ninja Theory and nu-Obsidian? Why didn't Valve take some of their obscene amount of money and actually invest it in a game?

No shit.

>all that rain
This is ultimate comfy for me, been waiting for atmosphere like this in vidya for ages.

Attached: all smiles.jpg (331x322, 77K)

Exactly, No PC.

youtube.com/watch?v=ooZy5tRactw
Digitalfoundry analysis of the trailer is out.