SHENMUE 3 DELAYED AGAIN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Screenshot_20190603-134921_Twitter.jpg (1080x1362, 631K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises
youtu.be/8fAqEjGwjX8
youtube.com/watch?v=uOFZHFFEMJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares? Suzuki betrayed Sega

Just fuck my shit up man

Attached: 1467674708925.gif (320x287, 982K)

hopefully it isnt another fundraiser disaster

FUCK

Suzuki made sega AND 3D games, you little cocksnot. Don't make me take out my belt.

>Shenmue
Only grandpas care about this series.

November is a poor release time for it

Did it say when it would be delayed to?

>pushed to Nov 19th
>Same day Pokemon will probably release

Just send it out to die

>FF7 Remake
>Shenmue 3
>Bloodstained
Which is going to be the bigger disaster?

Shenmue 3 will never live up to the hype 100 people around the world might have for it, all the novelty the series had has been used by other games after it, it's almost certain the game will be released without much fanfare around it.

Shenmue 3 because zoomers will buy it due to name recognition and hearing how influential the first two games were, only to discover that it's an adventure game with action elements and not the other way around.

I'm surprised they will allow it to release in November. That doesn't seem to be very smart considering how long this series has been dead and for other games that usually come out that month like CoD along with other games that will be coming out and will most likely be coming out in November like Death Stranding and the new Pokemon.

>Shenmue 3
>zoomers buying it due to name recognition
Zoomers have fucking never heard of Shenmue.

Most people just want some closure

I have yet to see anything that justifies the reported 100GB the PC version will take of your storage.

Bloodstained. At least Shenmue 3 delays have been reasonable especially for the scope of the project that it is. The fact that Bloodstained didn't release at least a year and a half ago and is much much more smaller compared to those two in comparison is inexcusable.

They'll probably just delay it again, desu.

We have to wait some more? Man, it's like I'm playing the real game already.

Yeah they have, it's always mentioned as being influential and having a legacy of ending on a cliffhanger with no resolution. The posts on this board when the 1 and 2 remasters came out showed that the games were too slow for modern audiences.

>closure
Yeah about that, Suzuki never said he would compress his 6 fucking intended parts into Shenmue III, you better hope he just releases a book before he dies.

>Live in an area where I can only use mobile internet
>3$ a gig

Ill have to sleep overnight at McDonalds for wifi to download this badboy

Too bad, since this isn't the final part of the story. We're probably never going to see the end of this series.

Yeah bro, all those Fortnite kids always talking about how great Shenmue was.

Why is Suzuki refusing to end it, he has to know that 4 will never ever happen right.

November, to be murdered by Pokemon, Death Strandling and Call of Duty.

I'm not saying a ton of zoomers will pick it up, but those that do will absolutely shit on it because it's not a game that supplies instant gratification.

The guy is one of those types of creators that refuse to compromise, for better or for worse.

>kickstarter game
POST YFW YOU NEVER BACKED ONE OF THESE SCAMS

Attached: 1521745377074.jpg (600x600, 55K)

It's not like those that play those games even care or know what Shenmue is.

crinfe

It doesn't work like that, sure the target audience doesn't overlap but those could be potential new blood wanting to know what Shenmue is about, but now it is guaranteed they won't even look the other way while buying any of those big releases in November.

Why do you think several games flat out refused to be released in the same month as Red Dead Redemption 2 even though the audiences didn't overlap? They didn't want to lose potential sales.

Been waiting half my life for this shit. A few months is an acceptable delay.

Remember when Sony ‘won’ E3 for showing FF7 and Shenmue?

Attached: 0168ECFC-A267-4AB0-A25B-F2E64CA98387.jpg (800x450, 61K)

> SEGA BAD
> NINTENDO GOOD
Kill yourselves retard

Fair enough.

Who said that faggot? Also Sega has nothing on this project.

I got a serious question for you. And I mean it too.

Are you retarded?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Attached: 1559470717690.gif (198x195, 2.22M)

Why does a game like this take forever to make? Could have just given it to the Yakuza devs to do it in a year.

JUST

Attached: 1549927742874.png (500x405, 99K)

w-whoa does that mean that sony didnt win that years E3 nao?? ?

Attached: 1557949976989.png (612x491, 106K)

because they're making everything from scratch and not resuing the same map over and over again. they're also a small team

Stop saying Pokeshit will BTFO Shenmue, Yu Suzuki put his heart and effort into this game, while Pokeshit is just souless corperation cap made by GameFreak because they are afraid to make games like Drill Dozer again

Pokemon will only sell to zoomers, while people with actual taste and boomers will get Shenmue and suppot Sega and Suzuki.

Many have waited over 18 years for this ending, Pokemon is the same shit everytime, stop comparing these two and have sex.

Yeah that's weird. Why the fuck couldnt they ask those people for some help? The design of their seem kinda similar with Shenmue in some aspects.

See

What is shemnue even about

Attached: 1551883981604.png (400x400, 308K)

Games like this usually have budgets of 10s of millions of dollars, not 7 mil

Fucking up Lan Di

Pretty sure he meant that Pokemon will eclipse anything that comes out that day since its fucking Pokemon

Imagine a cheesy but amazing kung fu movie from the 80s but in a video game format.

And then give it Virtua Fighter controls

You guys aren't actually expecting it to be good right?

As much as I love Shenmue, I think that this is a good thing. It is a delicate game series and needs to be treated as such. And to be honest I think the graphics still need some work

Ryo's father in Japan gets murdered because a Chinese man wanted something. Ryo manages to follow the killer to China and then many twists and turns happen and Shenmue 2 ended on a Halo 2 level cliffhanger and people have been waiting 18 years to see what happens next.

>you killed my father, prepare to die
spread out over 3 games

Magic chink bitch. Dead dad. Karate son vengeance. Chinese apocalypse. Super kung fu evil chinaman mafioso. Opening and closing drawers. Lucky hit. Sailors.

>3 games
Its gonna be longer you know

If they think it is a buggy mess then they should delay it. At least they aren't being Bethesda.

>2015
>Sony wins E3 by announcing FF7 remake and a kickstarter for Shenmue III
>neither game is out in the year of our lord 2019
>FF7 remake in particular won't be out for years
Loving every laugh

Persona 5, you don't have it

Dem tears are going to be delicious when SMTV comes out

pls sega next year

Attached: 1542117343735.png (1085x1217, 1.66M)

I just do not understand this game. Its so many years removed from the second game plus the main guy behind it still wants to make at least a few more sequels on top of that.

I loved Shenmue 1 and 2 but even I will admit it is a product of its time. That whole aged like milk meme gets thrown around way too much but in this case the games definitely have aged and unless you grew up with them like I did I find a hard time believing much people would be able to get into them in 2019. So much of Shenmue was basically like its a tech demo wank off by the devs and it shows constantly when you play the games.

No because I disregard the opinions of people who count trailers that don't show anything.

I don't think you get just how fucking big Pokemon is. That movie that came out probably helps to maintain relevancy in people's minds, too.

They should take as much as time as possible to polish it. Not expecting AAA production values, but the animation still needs a lot of work.

As for the story itself, I also wish it'd just end with 3 and not make fans wait/hope even longer again. Ideally, Ryo would return to Japan and you get to see Nozomi and all the other familiar faces one last time; some nice fan service, reflect on the nostalgia.

Attached: Shenmue II_20190519063138.png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

Japan good. China bad.

It's not like making an adventure game like Shenmue is a difficult thing. I'm just worried about the combat.

So it's realistic and based on the real world?

Makes sense. The first game was good and the second game was bad.

Yea.

Attached: Shenmue2KWC.jpg (468x381, 55K)

The second game was much better than the first, what are you smoking?

I got bored of the second game after a few hours and never finished it but I loved the first game.

The second one is a lot more interesting with the additions of the new characters. It gets pretty great near the end of hong kong.

Attached: tumblr_nrch9srxhl1tam7nbo2_400.gif (273x150, 1.98M)

Watch it become an Epic Game Store exclusive

Maybe I give it another try

Not to mention Death Stranding releasing a few days earlier

the game need to be more inclusive

youtu.be/8fAqEjGwjX8

But Nozomi went to Canada, user.

In Shenmue 3, you'll actually have phone cards you can use to make international calls to friends like Tom, Goro and Nozomi.

If you're interesting in the sinde content you should use a guide. Unlocking most of the side stuff blind is almost impossible. As an example there's this one NPC that spawns near the begining of the game after certain events have passed but the game doesn't give a single hint.

Attached: 6wOgtoR.gif (350x193, 1.98M)

I CAN SEE HER PANTIES

Her character is such a fucking cocktease. You even sleep in her room. Her panties are constantly visible by just adjusting the camera a bit. It's so good.

That's legitimately fucking terrifying.

Who's your favourite Shenmue character? For me its Guizhang

Attached: Chen.png (604x768, 397K)

I didn't mean you can see her panties while sleeping. That part isn't interactive it's just a cutscene.

youtube.com/watch?v=uOFZHFFEMJk

Damn its almost like youre supposed to explore

Nah, that's just a drop in the bucket. The game's side content is completely obtuse. Just try unlocking the duck racing by yourself.

Based Ren

Attached: RenModel.png (635x1997, 976K)

Easter Eggs arent supposed to be easy to find you fucking faggot zoomer. They are for rewarding the worthy.

People today are too used to """"secrets"""" being handed too them

Well the problem with shenmue is that the secrets are permanently miscible quite easily

I never said they were supposed to be easy. In fact I said if that user wanted to unlock side content he should use a guide.

Did it even have a release date?

Was supposed to be Aug 27th

I literally forgot this game was even announced.

Good. Complete the game. Get it to where you like it Devs. Don't listen to publishers or outsiders. Finish your fucking game first.