What does the consensus on Digital Devil Saga 2? Critics praise it as a masterpiece...

What does the consensus on Digital Devil Saga 2? Critics praise it as a masterpiece, but whenever it's discussed on here, Yea Forums always seems divided on it

Attached: Digital Devil Saga 2.jpg (739x1041, 351K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPsU-ZMC6SA
mega.nz/#!XgJHlShT!wmrHdrsuz5u35xarnmI5cQXffcG9mwStm-LQ94CkopE
wiki.pcsx2.net/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Digital_Devil_Saga
youtube.com/watch?v=CSn7cReLK5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

would have been perfect if the game did not remove most of your party
the mantra grid is by the way my favourite skill tree ever

Its pretty good i second what said
also has one of the best god damn OSTs to ever feature in a video game

Attached: 1550536015640.jpg (867x781, 92K)

Loved it, I actually like the story just a hair more than DDS1, but that final dungeon is a pain in the ass. The dungeon design in DDS1 is perfect, so I give the first game the edge, but really they should both be considered one game anyway.

As someone who has played every acclaimed single player game, i can safely say it's the 11th best game of all time

even worse than DDS1, most overrated shit of the megaten series

It just couldn't live up to everything the first game built, doesn't mean it's bad though, it's a fantastic game and I love it.

Seething contrarian faggots, it's literally superior to DDS1 in every single regard

>Weaker normal battle theme
>More fun uncommon battles

Attached: 1391852216850.png (750x700, 125K)

It's the best game in the series & best PS2 game of all time, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Attached: PS2 Game.jpg (332x828, 71K)

Listen man I love the DDS duology, but it's clear that the second game was rushed and it clearly suffered from it, the atmosphere of the first game, the pace and the soundtrack are all fantastic.
The second game had some really rushed moments and dull set pieces, for example that trio of Avatar Tuners that later their leader eats them, It felt like there was far more to them. But they had to cut it down.

Gay game for trannies period. Someone post the pic where it tells you what fans play this trash

Definitely better as a game, and with better music, but I just wish the world was as interesting as DDS1.

Attached: f85fb340a0b4588882c8a34e1bd22486819f2484.png (500x500, 125K)

Did you play it? Or the first game at least?
Because ugly fat cosplayers are part of pretty much every fandom in existance, it's not a correct scale to judge the game's quality.

No, literally just contrarian Nocturne fags seething that DDS2 is the most acclaimed mainline game

It's nice (but could have done the forced party members part better - though it's a heavily spoilered territory)
Also, ATLUS threads really started to be widespread on Yea Forums; is it fault of Pokemon being particularly shit lately and people having a JRPG itch?

Attached: Serph.png (425x323, 44K)

Nocturne is better

>DDS2 is the most acclaimed mainline game
Since when ? also
>Mainline

Nocturne is better, but DDS is still exceptional. For me, it comes down to pacing and atmosphere, something Nocturne perfected not just in all of SMT, but perhaps of any rpg ever made.

Persona 4 is the most acclaimed Persona
DDS2 is the most acclaimed SMT game

>Persona 4 is the most acclaimed Persona
Kinda right but today it's not
>DDS2 is the most acclaimed SMT game
DDS is not SMT genius

Dumb faggots here can't take thi gs in moderation. Some newfag to the series probably played a game or two and now wants to discuss it 24/7, basically creating a general at this point.

Attached: shin_megami_tensei_matador_by_plegathon-d4cuv4e.png (700x915, 869K)

Acclaimed by who? Critics, some fan polling, or is this a stat you ripped out of your asshole? Most people that consider themselves megaten fans think Nocturne, Devil Survivor, and Strange Journey are the best.

No, Persona threads started when Joker was added to Smash. It’s been getting worse ever since

>DDS is not SMT he says
>Game is literally titled: Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2

Critics, continue coping & crying over your inferior garbage

Attached: 55717970-9177-4E87-A34C-4F1650B1AA7B.jpg (600x230, 49K)

That is on english only

>critic"""s"""
>posts only one critic
Nice. And you're telling me to cope.

DDSfags always use that one single literal who rpg critic site to say they are the best

That was back when Atlus was using the SMT title to market the series in the west because of Nocturne's success. You just outed yourself as a Persona bandwagoner that doesn't know shit about megaten. Now back to your playpen.

> Literal who
Seethe, Metacritic has them listed in the same tier as IGN & Game Informer in terms of mainstream review sites.

but you fight characters from other games in the series, clearly it takes place in the same universe

If you wanna use metacritic then DDS is lower than many Megaten games

what's the first?

All Megaten games take place in the same universe

pretty sure the Persona/Devil Summoner universe is distinct from any of the others

Multiverse i mean

DDS is the pinnacle of Megaten

Shadow Of The Colossus

All megaten games are connected via multiverse bullshit. There are infinite universes where infinite scenarios play out, each game is just one of those universes. In certain cases, like DDS and Raidou, the games of those series are within the same universe.

then why argue that DDS isn't SMT

>Some newfag to the series probably played a game or two and now wants to discuss it 24/7, basically creating a general at this point.

sounds like what happened with Lobotomy Corp

Because the multiverse and shit is called Megaten not SMT, SMT is one of the series in Megaten

Persona 5 has given an influx of new SMT players, and thats a good thing

Attached: cdc.jpg (800x450, 82K)

i think persona is the timeline where the nukes from SMT1 weren't launched or something. i remember that p4 explicitly mentioned the opening lines of SMT1 with the protagonist being woken up by his mother and hearing police sirens or something.
the chronology is pretty interesting

ok, that's based.

What should I play first, Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, or Devil Survivor?
And can I play any of them on my hacked Vita or 3DS?

I think the raidous, desu and personas are in the same timeline, the whole timeline is pretty cool

> MetaCritic
Digital Devil Saga 2 (83)
SMT: Nocturne (83)
> GameRankings
Digital Devil Saga 2 (83)
SMT Nocturne (83)
> RPGFan
Digital Devil Saga 2 (99)
SMT Nocturne (93)

this, you better be using serph gale and cielo for the entire game or you'll get your shit pushed in by Vritra

>Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner,
These are PS2 games so no
>Devil Survivor
Play the 3DS port

>Digital Devil Saga 2 (83)
>SMT: Nocturne (83)
Nocturne got more reviews so it wins in that one

Cope

Vritra was unironically harder than the final boss

I hope one day the Vita can emulate PS2 games

Yeah he was bullshit. Fucking gelid torrent man. But it was a completely kino fight

DDS1 was better. DDS2 was on the verge of being better but the whole revive everyone "we forgot how to love" shit was pretty mediocre. That being said its my favorite SMT related thing. I think DDS1 on its own is SJ/Nocturne tier but DDS2 is more in the ball park of SMT4A. But together if you were to talk like DDS1/2 are one product because its a continuing story its my favorite.

It surprises me to this day Atlus hasn't done some sort of DDS1/2 Nocturne collection.

DDS2 > Persona 2 IS > Persona 3 > Persona 4 > DDS1 > Shit > Persona 2 EP > Nocturne > Persona 5

lel

This, if they simply kept everyone dead & didn't revive everyone with the friendship bullshit it would have been flawless

>Vritra was unironically harder than the final boss

I personally found Meganada harder than Virtra. Then again I lucked out and stuck with Gale and Ciello so I didn't get fucked over at that part

The funniest shit was Cielo dying then 5 mins later he is back

The only bullshit thing about DDS is how Hitoshura has some rng to him and forces grinding in a game where getting past level 70 is pretty pointless since even Metatron/Huang require around 65-low 70s to beat rather cleanly.

Satan is sorta bs but with a piece of paper to keep track of shit not so bad and DDS2 is a much much easier game to grind at the end at. But both are rather over hyped secret bosses where the preparation takes longer then it deserves but DDS1s is more because of the no good grind location thing. Also whose idea was it to make you require beating all the secret bosses then beat the game then do it again to fight him then just allowing access to him post Huang?

I've never even finished a Persona game. I only played a couple hours of Persona 5 until I dropped it.

The issue to me wasn't so much how it was done it was the context. Half the team dies very shortly before shit goes down. The only death that felt really painful was Heats and maybe Gales. If you got 1 party member back at a time through the layers of the Sun and it had more meaning behind it and each boss did some sort of faggy Persona thing to be relevant in some fake deep way atleast to each character it would've been great. Its fundamentally flawed I suppose because doing the last dungeon with no members would suck.

Meganada was kinda of crazy too, i think i used all of my items on him

if you have a hacked 3ds start with iv for gameplay or soul hackers for a cool cast and best girl in all megaten

Attached: 1531570988079.png (500x325, 88K)

i actually think the "one word" in the last cutscene is "brahman", not "love"

>It surprises me to this day Atlus hasn't done some sort of DDS1/2 Nocturne collection.
If they ever did that they could bring the DDS writer so she could finish the 2nd, Tadashi is a hack

Like Bioshock, it went on for far too long. It should have ended with Sera & Seraph dying after failing to convince God to save the universe.

>Cielo gets best death ever
>immediately invalidated minutes later
>he complains about it himself if you talk to him afterward

fucking love this game

Attached: 1457668905464.jpg (625x531, 55K)

Did Nocturne have the most based confirmed for of god and Lucifer besides maybe SJ for Lucy? Kage-sama literally was just a neutral party for the worlds rebirth with a reason he didn't give a fuck how non god/order it was as long as it was a human being who traversed and made it to the top. SJ gods involvement is the same YHVH shilling and 2/4 are basically the same YHVH who in turn made Lucifer shit for 4 atleast.

Law in Nocturne was also oddly chaos based in how it worked it was like strength rule but with structure.

my cielo had void poison and posumudi for vritra fight and I passed just fine
you just need kajas and ndas since he doesn't have dekaja and dekunda

DeSu overclocked is my favorite out of them but for a first timer SMT4 is the best but it has a very hard early game

not desu, desu is apocalypse
its debisama

Nocturne didn't have enough story, the world building & characters were really compelling but they didn't get nearly as much screen time as they needed

Devil survivor takes place it’s own shit

>most based confirmed for of god
wut

SMT II has better atmosphere though

i liked the setting and story more in the first game but twos was sill pretty good. it was cool learning about the parties originals and see how humanity have messed up the world. i can understand if people did not like the gameplay since the game forces you to switch between characters alot and its easy not to have leveled someone up since you probably did not pick up the exp share early in the game.

overall, i still think two is a good game but i thought one was better. atleast it ended in a good note.

SMT is separate from Persona

brahma is kino

Attached: 99-dds098[1].jpg (575x448, 64K)

Can we all agree that DDS1 & DDS2 are masterpieces & objectively the best games Atlus has ever made?

Well DDS2 was essentially the result of the first game's writer leaving and the P1/2 dude having to write a conclusion instead, makes sense it isn't as strong as 1 plot wise

>Kage-sama literally was just a neutral party for the worlds rebirth with a reason he didn't give a fuck how non god/order it was as long as it was a human being who traversed and made it to the top.

Attached: 1545437933021.jpg (492x354, 39K)

No

Cope Nocturne-cuck, it's the truth whether you like it or not

>let demon change dark might to might
>he never crits anymore
I feel betrayed

no

DDS2 is but DDS1 is mediocre

Dark might only works on new moon. Might simply triples the crit rate of normal attacks. This means normal attacks go from a 4% crit rate to a 12% crit rate rather than the 100% on new moon for all attacks with dark might

>only megaten games set in the US of A

I know how it works buddy. it just never procs for me when I need it to (bosses)

>Did Nocturne have the most based confirmed for of god and Lucifer besides maybe SJ for Lucy? Kage-sama literally was just a neutral party for the worlds rebirth with a reason he didn't give a fuck how non god/order it was as long as it was a human being who traversed and made it to the top. SJ gods involvement is the same YHVH shilling and 2/4 are basically the same YHVH who in turn made Lucifer shit for 4 atleast.
>Law in Nocturne was also oddly chaos based in how it worked it was like strength rule but with structure.

Attached: what the hee ho.gif (250x188, 445K)

If you know how it works why are you using it and changed the skill in the first place.

if only you kept the skill that always activated whether you needed it or not

you don't get to know what skills are being changed in Nocturne and it was after a hard ass boss fight that I was NOT going to reset for

you could always just say "no"

he had lots of shit skills though

Yeah, who the fuck changes skills in Nocturne?

Attached: 1511248837853.gif (446x251, 721K)

There are better games than DDS dude

Man of taste

Attached: df21134e10cdbb84839893f6280cc324(2).jpg (433x650, 49K)

REND

This is why you register your demons

Pretty cool game, I liked DDS1 better and the last dungeon was lame for 2.

It would be cool if SMT V had the current incarnation of Raidou running around.
Would he still use tubes though?

>that glitched attack that's just lines of code then it one shots your party

Attached: eoe.jpg (720x480, 47K)

Bought DDS1 on psn but it feels slow somehow. Am I imagining things or have I bought some 50hz PAL version by mistake?

Tried to emulate it instead but this shit makes the game unplayable.
Unless you guys know how to fix it without using a software renderer.

Attached: Looking good.png (1596x849, 1015K)

>i think persona is the timeline where the nukes from SMT1
>timeline
>smt and persona together in this made up timeline

Attached: 1543939063077.png (957x825, 131K)

Where do I start if I want to try and get into SMT?

Attached: livingTheDream.jpg (960x720, 94K)

this reccomends P3, dds, nocturne, smt iv as your first games IIRC. read those and decide for yourself

Attached: 1554957156531.png (1600x5717, 3.84M)

He's not far off.

Have you tried setting the renderer to OpenGL?

Use google breh

he's not emulating on pc

oh he tried that too my bad

Persona 5 is objectively the best starting point

the shadows only happens during cutscenes, happens in nocturne as well

Emulate IV on Citra. Pretty solid introduction to press-turn system and has quality of life stuff like being able to fuse anywhere, being able to pick inherited skills for demons and enemies being visible on the field instead of random encounters.

when did you realize fighting for humanity >>>> being lucy/yhvh's boytoy?

Attached: 1558453470129.png (680x680, 378K)

Now I am really fucking confused. Started it up to prove you wrong, and it works perfectly. Restart to be sure, and the shadows are messed up again.
What the fuck did I do the one time it worked?

I have not found anything yet that works.

Nocturne is fine for some reason. And the shadows are bugged in game as well. Characters feet, for example, are always invisible.

Attached: still bad.png (1912x1146, 931K)

>Restart to be sure, and the shadows are messed up again.
try... doing it again? change renderers and change back to opengl. it's the basic turn it off and on again troubleshooting method but it might work

Or well, might be misremembering that all the feet are invisible, but the bug is still there and it is annoying.

Attached: Feet.png (1872x1117, 1.81M)

nah that's not what happened for me, when I emulated them years ago shadows would layer on top of anything else, i.e. if someone's shadow cast in front of them it would be on top of their legs, shit like that

look around on the pcsx2 forums for answers, maybe use an older/newer build if necessary

Strange Journey Redux was my first game and it's still the best SMT i've played.

Attached: 1545135891602.jpg (1361x1361, 220K)

I like it more than DDS1. Gale and Sera becoming party leaders midway through the game was neat.

Also this playing at major story bosses was the coolest shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPsU-ZMC6SA

I have been troubleshooting this on and off for several months. This is the first time I have gotten the shadows to work outside software rendering.
Restarted it five times already now and switched around with several of the renderers. No luck

Have looked around quite a bit, but to no avail. Not bothered to try other builds yet though.

>I have been troubleshooting this on and off for several months.
sorry about that user, hope you finally get it working properly
if the only issue is playing the game how you want it to, then you could buy the game for relatively cheap, and a used ps2 if you don't have one. people are giving out crts all the time since to the average joe they're just outdated crap

mega.nz/#!XgJHlShT!wmrHdrsuz5u35xarnmI5cQXffcG9mwStm-LQ94CkopE
This worked for me. Only downside is no shadows at all but no big deal during cutscenes

well sorry senpai I managed to fix it but don't remember how since it was 3 years ago
I juet googled and used the first thing there

I had to drop the game because I never used Gale up to that point. Fucking sucks

Thx user, will try it out
I probably should get a ps2 no matter what. Missed out on tons of games since I was a nintenbabby when I was young.
They where backwards compatible and region free, right?

Friendly reminder
You will never talk to God
You will never become God's best friend
You will never learn God's wisdom
You will never use that wisdom to create your own digital world and live as a God inside it
You will never create a perfect and idealized digital copy of your real life crush
You will never populate that world with digital versions of your acquaintances who, unlike in the real world, love you and care for you
You will never have God itself punish all who hurt you and make you cry (all of humanity itself)
You will never make your perfect digital friends REAL
You will never have two people fighting for your love
You will never die in the arms of your (now real) crush
You will never meet again with your (now dead) crush in the afterlife
You will never fuse together, becoming one in mind and body
You will never have the help of your dead friends and some former enemies to make God chill the fuck out
You will never achieve enlightenment and trascend reality with the help of an alternate and enlightened version of yourself
You will never travel the multiverse with your alternate self in a quest to help other versions of yourself to achieve enlightenment too

>Critics praise it as a masterpiece
Oh look it's another Yea Forums makes up bullshit episode

they were bc, but not region free. I cant say anything about region-free-bc tho you might be able to play ps1 shit but I'd investigate it first

>They where backwards compatible and region free, right?
Only modded ones are region free.

Foreign ps1 shit*

You can't play that without a chip or popstarter.

Annoying. Guess I'll have to look into modding in that case unless I can find US copies cheap.
PAL fucking sucks.

Attached: 1406471546157.png (848x1080, 858K)

Now that's spicy bait

I always did

Attached: 436e4ca635fe135d6d9b34918a65b40a.jpg (700x500, 159K)

so spicy that you're the only one who replied to it

Use Google
wiki.pcsx2.net/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Digital_Devil_Saga

And?

Why would anyone ever not have Serph and Gale in their party?

Better party-based RPG SMT than Purse owner.

Could you give us the top 10?

5/10.
No demon summoning
lame story based around my least favorite mythology
meh characters
SHIT DUB

>I just started with a series last year
>I have a say so
Nani?

>nooooo stop having opinions

Attached: 1531956363021.png (256x256, 26K)

From May 2018 to June 2019 he could have easily played 75% of the entire series. Why does that matter?

Attached: 67150865_p0.jpg (920x902, 203K)

>SHIT DUB
Cringe
youtube.com/watch?v=CSn7cReLK5Q

>I just started the series last year
>I'm an expert on the matter
>my opinions matter!

Attached: 1516604212605.png (256x256, 46K)

Let me guess you started with Nocturne?

>I'm an expert on the matter
Quote me where I said that, smtard

Attached: 1557243098229.jpg (324x395, 20K)

Better than people that only played Persona and act like their input on megaten matters.

>no concept of context
>everything has to be literal
>y..you smtard
>posts Kizuna trash
zoomer gonna zoomer

>put words in my mouth
>disagree to that
>NOOOOOOO YOU BAD STOP HAVING OPINIONS
C'mon, why are you getting so heated about nothing.

This isn't about opinions I'm saying you have no say regardless of what you may think since you are a literal newfag. Personally my favorite SMT game is SJ.

Loved it but still wished the final dungeon was used to create the third game instead.

Why can't someone have an opinion of a series when they've played most of them? I grew up playing pokemon like every else but I'd still listen to someone who picked them up in the last year as long as they finished them and know what they're talking about.

1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Metroid Prime
6. Super Metroid
7. Mother 3
8. Resident Evil 4
9. Super Mario Galaxy
10. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
11. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
12. Panzer Dragoon Saga
13. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
14. EarthBound
15. Super Mario Galaxy 2
16. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
17. Super Mario 64
18. Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
19. Valkyrie Profile
20. Resident Evil (2002)
21. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
22. SoulCalibur
23. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
24. Final Fantasy IX
25. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
26. Metal Gear Solid
27. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
28. Resident Evil 2
29. Beyond Good & Evil
30. Ico

Shit, i forgot Vagrant Story. I would remove MGS1 & put Vagrant Story in it`s place

Yep and?

Multiverse was a mistake, but it was a fun mistake

Attached: Timeline-an.jpg (1725x1036, 480K)

Multiverse means no timeline

There's some questionable choices but you're cool in my books.
I've never understood why people love Chrono Trigger so much. It's solidly above average and the premise is unique, but the gameplay really doesn't stand out much from the rest of the genre.

Attached: vagrant_story.png (350x412, 276K)

Yeah well, you're mom

Attached: You can't do nuttin' to me I'm strong to physical.jpg (113x82, 2K)

It was one of those games where you needed to be alive when it released. People these days know it's good and that it holds up, but imagine being there when it was brand new. It was one of those once in a lifetime games that blows you away with how consistent it is in every category of game design.

What a shit list.

How can you even say you've played every single acclaimed single player game, while never played a single PC game?

Not that the list is good even if we consider console only titles.

Seethe more PC Drone, all of the PC games from the 90s & 2000s aged like absolute dogshit. KOTOR was the only exception

>PC garbage
Cringe

Because he's a literal dipshit. For some reason there's a lot more dumber people in SMT threads.

I actually only played OOT, SM64, WW & MM growing up, everything else was something i experienced for the first time on a Emulator

Divided?
I rarely see the games discussed outside of SMT threads; personally, I've always seen it as a "SMT for everyone" spin-off.
Not to imply that's a bad thing, quite the opposite actually. Nocturne had plenty of rough edges that DDS smoothed out (Having only one chance to learn skills was always bullshit, as was getting a gameover if Demi-fiend died) and it added combo and defensive moves to make the press turn system slightly more complex.
That being said, they trimmed out demon negotiations (for understandable reasons), removed overworld navigation, and IMO the difficulty was way too easy when you are coming from another SMT game.

Attached: There is no wrong answer.png (1497x1122, 868K)

You mean the game that is worse than its sequel, and almost every CRPG that came before it, and most after it?

>I've always seen it as a "SMT for everyone" spin-off
That's sort of what it was designed to be. After Nocturne's mediocre sales Atlus decided some experimentation was necessary to find a formula that sells. DDS is basically "Megaten x Final Fantasy" really. It's still megaten in spirit but the structure, progression, and overall mechanics take inspiration from the 3d FF games. It was suppose to be megaten for a more mainstream audience, though it wasn't enough to be truly successful. It was a interesting time until Persona 4 rolled around and essentially Atlus decided spinoffs were the thing of the past so that Persona could become the primary focus.

Attached: 6401211_p0.jpg (671x800, 554K)

>That being said, they trimmed out demon negotiations (for understandable reasons)
Honesty they could still have, negotiations. Like tricking a demon so they can be automatically hunted.

Yes, retro PC games are fucking trash. Just accept that they aged terribly & stop shoving your outdated garbage down our throat. CRPGs are all complete shit which is why the genre died as soon as Morrowind came out. KOTOR 2 is unfinished & extremely mediocre like all Obsidian games so by default KOTOR is far superior

It's a situation where I'm just glad they made the two games and called it done, DDS1 and 2 made an almost perfect package.
Even if I'm not a huge for of SMT4, it showed that Atlus were still willing to hold onto the niche style they carved out with SMT.
It's sad that development costs have forced Atlus to tone down their spin-off developments. For a decade there, SMT had been turned into an Action game, MMO, quasi-VN, Srpg, Retro dungeon crawler (again), and a traditional Jrpg, all while still feeling like it belonged to one series.
Now we have ports, a phone game, and who knows what the hell SMT5 will be.

Attached: Heenduism.jpg (392x600, 63K)

2 is fucking fantastic, just hope you don't get autistic about party members coming and going. 1 is a total slog, but it really made me appreciate 2.

yeah idk
>durr it isnt about opinions, but how old those opinions are
i think hes just autistic or something

Considering their demon forms talk like their halfway between tearing your head off and shitting themselves, it would at least make amusing dialog.

Attached: Naked Bat.png (345x440, 68K)

>not using gale
I benched Cielo every single opportunity both games gave me, still don't remember having much trouble with anything except the boss just before the final boss.

For me it's on par with nocturne. Would place it above nocturne if Atlus merged somehow 2 parts into single game.

Spot the brainlet.

I'm doing the masakado sidequest in nocturne, should I bother on a first playthrough?

Cope more & continue hiding behind your blind nostalgia faggotry

There's no reason not too. You can do everything on a first run

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean getting every magatama or are you actually inside his shrine already? If you are already at his shrine and have every magatama then yes, do it. It's not necessary for completing the game or necessary for getting any ending but the reward is nice.

Attached: hi.jpg (932x544, 52K)

Yeah I'm done with the main game besides lucifer and im in the shrine, but the bosses are all kicking my ass. I guess I should finish fusing my party

Or just get them the passive EXP mantra since you still get AP outside of the party.

Meant to reply to

If you're that far into it absolutely complete it. The bosses shouldn't be that hard, sounds like you need to fuse some new demons user. In the shrine all the demons you encounter are "Light", try to recruit some if you need fusion fodder.

Attached: 21520791_p0.jpg (595x328, 135K)

>some guy points out tit mouths

I have no idea why it's near the top of a decent amount of lists, it's at the top of some best JRPGs list, it's been near the top of some lists of Yea Forums's favorite games, but I don't see how when it's barely even talked about, and when it is talked about it's near universally considered worse than DDS1 even among those who do like it. Personally, I think it and DDS1 are both fine but some of the more forgettable MegaTen games, I can still see plenty of reason for people to hold in high esteem, but not to the degree that I see for it on occasion.

>It's at the top of the list

is this the same list where xenoblade chronicles somehow gets up there? I can't imagine how anyone even attempts to defend that game

Xenoblade is overrated but still good

People always say this with Raidou, but Raidou XL failed to alter the timeline, why do people think that he's the reason for the Gouto being arrested in Devil Summoner when he didn't interfere in that way?

>tfw I enjoy a lot of Shoji Meguro's music, maybe different tracks spanning various SMT games, yet, I just cannot get into them

I really should just sit down and try them instead of playing them at a friend's house. So I can give it a true shot.

Attached: 1433269960178.jpg (306x237, 18K)

>hear all the great stuff about dds2
>Still stuck on the shitty cerberus fight in 1

Fuck

>no Deus Ex
>no og Fallout
>no og Doom
>no Ninja Gaiden: Black (which is a better action game than anything on his shit list)
>no og Thief
>no Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
>no X-COM
>Shadow of the Colossus at number 1

Attached: disgusting.jpg (504x468, 52K)

1 is better anyway so don't worry about it.

A reminder.

Attached: 1508788535089.jpg (1024x731, 136K)

Except DDS has fine dungeons and the best press turn system. Nocturne was crap and IV and Final had major problems like downfusioning.

Persona games take place in the same timeline as ..if which is an SMT game

OoT isn't even the best Zelda game, try again

git gud