Love multiplayer video games, I live for that shit

love multiplayer video games, I live for that shit.
but I hate eSports, it's all just too boring to watch.
Is there something wrong with me?

Attached: 1500867131957.png (842x763, 651K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-lbS7-odJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=SNvDUO42Hys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, you have perfectly good taste even in men.

>I hate eSports. Is there something wrong with me?

Yes - you're ordinary.
You're a standard, 100 IQ, 250ms reaction time person. You probably work retail. You have never been good at a game and you instinctively feel that you never can be.

There is nothing outstanding about you, so you find it infuriating that there is an entire industry built up around worship of people who better at something than you have any chance of ever being.

Attached: 1493951423614.jpg (1508x1493, 437K)

No, you just think it's fun to actually play the game rather than watch someone else do it. I'm betting that a lot of people who watch e-sports don't even play videogames at all.

Attached: 1548566876047.jpg (720x720, 46K)

Esports are fucking gay
the fact that virgins unironically think they are athletes or think their press q to win game is a sport is sad

only the newfags born into this esport faggotry era would disagree

nice try, faggot. video games are still lame as fuck and women will never touch your peepee

The constant, un-ending crying by mediocre people gets really tiresome.

Don't you feel ashamed that you have already decided that you will never get good?

What happened to the masculine spirit of imitation? Why don't you feel an urge to defeat the greats? Why do you do the feminine thing and try to redefine what "great" is to include your mediocre existence?

youtube.com/watch?v=a-lbS7-odJ4

Attached: wrong.jpg (315x400, 65K)

It's mostly console kids who hate esports. They're all about the super-casual couch experience. "DUUUDE I JUST WANT TO KICK BACK AND TAKE IT EASY BROOO"

I don't think you read the OP correctly

I despise e-sports, it takes away from the fun and features of the game. Just so some faggots can larp that they're good at a """""""""sport"""""""""""""""""

At the end of the day, anti-esports people are folks who have already decided that they are losers.

Unironically have sex. What a fucking pathetic thing to cling on to as your only compensation for a lack of any real admirable talents and skills.

E-Sports are a perfectly valid way to get into videogames. With that said, so is just playing games because you like to play them. If you think you're somehow superior to other people because you play competitively, then you're a retard.

E-"sports" only exists to advertise "gamer" periphery and to launder money.

Esports is only good if the result was a natural progression from people who love the game, not forced shit like Overwatch Esports.

Do you care about the meta or theorycrafting about the games you play? If you're there to bro it up and have a good time it makes sense that watching pros doesn't do anything for you.

nobody but Yea Forums and 56 year old investment bankers call them "esports"

I'm superior to you because I could beat you not only at the games I play, but also at the games I play.

That's what "superior" means. I mean, it's the actual definition. Sorry if this upsets you?

Attached: 1516271313350.png (706x412, 278K)

It's weird. Fighting Games I can be like alright I dig it. Everything else seems kinda off. I hate the overwatch league and I think competitive RTS is kinda dumb.

The participation medal generation hates esports for the same reason they hate IQ: they base their whole self-worth on delusions and they DESPISE any numerical proof of their inferiority.

esports are incredibly reddit you doodoohead

And I don't give a shit whether you can beat me or not. That's my point. I'm referring to you having a superiority complex over being good at videogames. I play games because I wanna play a videogame and have fun doing so, you play them to win, apparently. they're different ways of enjoying the same thing, and you're getting up in arms over the fact that some people don't give a shit about the competitive side of things.

You can enjoy a game competitively without liking esports.

>And I don't give a shit whether you can beat me or not.
That doesn't change anything...?

youtube.com/watch?v=SNvDUO42Hys

Everyone in this thread would've been the person begging the admin to protect them from Phoon.

You are implying way too much into one personality

The only reason you replied is because I'm right.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say at this point. I'm just saying that you're not superior to other people who play videogames for fun, just because you play competitively. In the realm of e-sports you're superior to whoever you win against, If you play against me and win, you would be superior to me in the context of that match. but you aren't a better person for playing competitively. The idea that someone is a mediocre, feminine person for not caring about e-sports is silly to me.

Attached: 1559227185620.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

>I'm just saying that you're not superior to other people who play videogames for fun, just because you play competitively
It makes sense you would think so, because you don't play competitively. The reason you don't play competitively is because you would get your shit kicked in by other men. And, finally, the reason you would get your shit kicked in by other men is because you are inferior.

You can only play against AI who are programmed to lose to you, or other players in a context that is noncompetitive. Your whole gaming experience has been crafted around hiding the fact that you are worse than others. Doesn't that bother you?

no you love playing video games instead of watching them like a sperg zoomer

E-sports is killing games so its perfectly ok to not like it.

You know people who play competitively put in far more hours than you, right? You probably play a couple hours per day. Gregor plays 8-12 hours per day.

How many times do I have to say that I play videogames to have fun. It seems like you can't swallow the premise that there are people who just don't care about this shit, and would rather just play videogames for the sake of playing videogames. I honestly find it baffling that someone cares so much about something like this to begin with. You're not a better man because you play competitive videogames. I respect e-sports, I'm not against it as a way to explore the medium, but getting an inflated ego over it is silly to me.

I would find esports more impressive if cheats weren't so prevalent

You play videogames to win.
That's why every video game has a win condition.

For you, "winning" means killing an AI program that was designed specifically to lose against average people. You are deceiving yourself into believing that you accomplished something. For me, "winning" means destroying the best of the human elites. It takes thousands of hours and plenty of innate skill to get to this level. I don't feel any satisfaction from toppling challenges made for ordinary people.

I guess the fundamental difference is that you've accepted that you're inferior and you can't compete on any real scale.

The whole fun in videogame is the competition though, it's what separates the medium from movies or music where you are just a passive observer. Games are basically tapping into the caveman part of us that used to club each other over the head to steal each other's food and women.

Are you retarded? I said I play games to HAVE FUN BECAUSE VIDEOGAMES ARE FUN. I don't care about winning some competition, that sounds boring to me. It does not appeal to me on any level at all. You enjoy the competitive aspect, I don't. Do. You. Understand? You're not a better person for being good at videogames, you're just an asshole with a superiority complex.

Videogames aren't so rigid of a medium. They can be whatever you want them to be. Is a game series like Kirby invalid to you because there's no challenge? First and foremost they're meant to be fun and entertaining. Even games made for competition are still meant to be fun to play.

Or you know, some people like to play the game to its fullest using different weapons and tactics because its fun and different. All E-sports does is take the top 5 weapons or characters out of a hundred choices and forces people to play with those and the game becomes stale. And accomplishments means different things. For us it's fun and exploring different things, for you its trying to stomp on people in a video game cause you failed to accomplish anything else in life.

Attached: 1547939967266.jpg (800x450, 47K)

The level of cope is off the charts

>I said I play games to HAVE FUN BECAUSE VIDEOGAMES ARE FUN.
Yes, and winning is fun for you. Every game has a way to "win", to topple some challenge through force of skill. It just so happens that you hate the games where you have to defeat other players to win, because you have an inferiority complex, yet you're also in denial of your inferiority and don't want a competition to prove it to you. It's classic doublethink.

Nonsense. Esports rewards inventiveness above all else. Most SC2 grand finals were won with completely new strategies that no one had thought before. Street Fighter grand finals get stolen by people with off-the-wall "low tier" characters all the time.

this
anyone who solely plays single player games is a beta male who is too scared to go against a real player. if you dont play games to crush your opponent and make them cry IRL while you teabag them you're probably a faggot or tranny or something

Attached: 1559004652308.gif (272x330, 2.98M)

Untrue i highly disagree with you, because im better than 99% of all player in every video game but I still dislike esports because its so fucking boring. Only retards watch gameplay with annoying commentators that know nothing of the game and suck themselves

bb

Those are just some of the exceptions. A mass majority of E-sports garbage is having to use the same tactics over and over again and having famous players flip shit when their favorite gun gets nerfed so it gets reverted a day later. Tier lists exist for a reason, E-sports get stale for a reason and people hate it cause it leaks into the main game fucking it up.

Oh and the rare case that a nerf doesn't get reverted E-sports players work around it and keeps getting nerfed into being useless cause its used all the time by them.

You think imbalance doesn't exist outside of esports? Everyone in CoD just used the grenade launcher. That wasn't esports.

You're the equivalent of someone with a tiny dick who buys a massive truck, and then makes fun of people for having smaller vehicles, when they just don't care about trucks, and would rather have a charger or something, because that's what appeals to them. Neither of these people are better because of their choice of vehicle, it's firmly rooted in taste.

For a more personal example: I like to read. And I can parse shit like Gravity's Rainbow, when many other people can't. This doesn't make me a better person in any way, it just means I can read a book that other people can't. I'm not gonna go around acting like I'm superior to other people like an asshole. You know why? Because anyone can do it if they care enough. If I really wanted to I could train for thousands of hours in a videogame and get really good at it, but I, and many others have no interest in that aspect of gaming.

You're attempting to say that refusing to participate in competition means you aren't inferior... this is just wrong, lol. You are objectively inferior. Most players would use you as a fuck toy.

>t. beta male whos scared of any kind of competition because he'd get his fat ass stomped
go write another thesis on why you're totally not a beta bitch lmao

No, just the opposite. Esports are for people who like Ecelebs

I'm not inferior for not caring about your dick measuring contest. You're not better people for being good at videogames. Go be insecure somewhere else.

You are the one who sounds insecure here, imo.

vro bidya isn;t even fun anymor

I'm a salty fuck and video games harm my relationships with my peers, so I don't play them as much. I gave up LoL like six months go and even before then I only played for a total time of like a day within a year of having it on my computer. Video games aren't rewarding for most people.

>If I really wanted to I could train for thousands of hours in a videogame and get really good at it

I think we both know that's not true.

Attached: reaction.webm (806x494, 564K)

H-HAYAI

Attached: Replay 2018-05-08 09-33-34.webm (964x558, 740K)

How so? I said I have zero interest in your e-sports and then you freak out and call me inferior for not liking what you like. You're the type of person who always has to feel like they're better than everyone else and hates it when people don't care. I'm perfectly confidant with who I am. How about you?

>You're the type of person who always has to feel like they're better than everyone else and hates it when people don't care.

You went from "mildly insecure" to "neurotically insecure" in one post, holy shit.

Just stop the cope and get good.

The fact that you absolutely REFUSE to accept that I don't care, is what makes you insecure. You think it must be because I suck and have an inferiority complex that I don't play e-sports. If you weren't insecure we wouldn't be having this argument. From the start I said I have nothing against e-sports, but no, that's not enough for you. You need everyone to think that you're some god among men because you play games competitively, and that everyone else is inferior for not engaging with games the way you do.

My dude, you just spend an hour writing paragraphs about how you definitely don't care that you're inferior and you could totally be good if you cared to.

I can fling the same thing back at you. If you're not insecure, why respond? We both know why we're here; it's fun to argue and we have nothing better to. That's why anyone comes here. If you wanna think I'm somehow inferior to you, go ahead. But personally I think people like you are huge assholes.