You guys did hack your handhelds right?

You guys did hack your handhelds right?

Attached: 20190603_142008.jpg (4032x3024, 3.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Games/b?ie=UTF8&node=4924899011
youtube.com/watch?v=TCOgncG_kl0
gbatemp.net/threads/molecules-boot-logo-disabler-for-enso-3-60.501117/
3ds.hacks.guide/
youtube.com/watch?v=qW6DDLM56ps
dsi.cfw.guide/
vita.hacks.guide/
3ds.eiphax.tech/fredminer.html
ziperto.com/
3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
youtube.com/watch?v=LbDIfOSay-c
reddit.com/r/3DS_IPS_TN/comments/4td7zb/has_anyone_found_a_monster_hunter_generations_new/
reddit.com/r/3DS_IPS_TN/comments/50wen1/new_galaxy_style_new_3dsxl_post_tn_or_ips/
youtu.be/qW6DDLM56ps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My ex has my hacked 3ds somewhere baka

no, i'm a good consumer and don't steal from multibillion dollar corporations

No, I don't really have a reason to since my backlog is big enough on both of them already. Maybe I'll get around to it.

yeah
flashcart broke though which is annoying

yeah
now they sit in the drawer of forgotten

Hacked 3DS and r4i Gold, waiting for my SD2Vita to come in the mail, sold my hacked PSP since I prefer the way the Vita's buttons and analog sticks feel compared to it.

Attached: 1492532336931.jpg (432x432, 82K)

I know hacked Vita is pretty good, but is a hacked 3DS worth it? I don't know about 3DS hacks, so I'd like to see your opinions before I decide if I should even bother.

yes but I don't even use them anymore, just messed a bit with

I've only really used them before I hacked them, and that's mostly because I already played everything there was to play and I don't need another emulation machine

Yep I have both unlocked, I mostly just play dragon quest on my 2ds and trails on my vita.

3DS hacking was better when freeshop was a thing
vita is piss easy, and that freeshop equivalent for the ps store is neat

I'd say it's worth doing, but the library is just awful, since I'm not a weeb

I'm a retard should I just buy a flashcart or go through the whole frogminer process

how easy is hacking a ps3. the 3ds guide was piss easy

How capable are you at following instructions? If you're bad at that just get a flashcart.

I'm to fuckin scared an the guide is too fucking complicated.

I hacked my ps3 a year ago and it was pretty easy, not sure if it's been patched or anything but if it's the same method it's very easy and just involves using the web browser.

My Switch is hacked, suck it

Havent touched my 3ds in a year, where do you even begin looking for what should be updated and what the community did in that time

>tfw both the vita and ps3 got fucked by the web browser

yep got a hacked PSP, used it to play NES and GBA games. now I play them on my phone with a wireless controller, shit's pretty baller

>h-encore

Downgrade to 3.65 and install enso you fucking nigger

well can I hack my vita with the latest update?

Literally just google how to hack your 3ds, ton of guides on youtube

All three.

3.60, there is no reason to go 3.65

there's no reason to go to 3.60 either

same thing

no how do I do it for the 3ds

no, the entry point on 3.60 is more future-proof since it's through the browser.
Also you get support for some shitty old plugins

I never bothered. All the games I didn't already own didn't interest me that much to begin with.

Attached: 1550106232205.gif (244x255, 605K)

>hacked 3ds
>hacked vita
>hacked switch
loving life
the only consoles that matter

Haven't used it but 3.70 hack is supposed to be around now.

Now idea if sony already released a 3.71 though.

do you want to play all the 3ds, ds and gba games?
if yes, then yes, it's worth it

just ordered a refurbished 2dsXL from nintendo, does anyone know what firmware they come in? ordered a flash cart just in case but that will take a while

Only retards dont.

Attached: 20190426_005018.jpg (3264x1836, 3.32M)

Bought a R4 for my DS lite. Put 216 games on the SD.

Only play Bejeweled 3.

no i dont have handhelds and ill wait for emulation because im not a man child

I don't believe you.

I want to delete this ugly af imageboot :(

Attached: Sony-PlayStation-PS-Vita-32GB-Low-Firmware.jpg (400x214, 15K)

if you're thinking vita emulation, you're gonna wait a long time

there's some very early work but not a single game is playable

you can't "remove" it but you can replace it by whatever you want, there's a plugin for it

one mistake and poof

Attached: bricks-100003009-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 58K)

It actuallly amazes me that doing snes emulation wasn't one of nintendo's top priority with the switch, it seems so fucking natural and logical

uh, no?

if you fuck with your vita, you just open safe mode and reset to factory defaults (you'll lose some content if no backups but the vita is fine)

So I dragged and drop the PS Vita game in the system. What now?

No, that's more of a Nintendo thing.

Will flashcarts work on a non-hacked new 3ds xl?

Attached: 9F7957D4-1B11-441F-BBAC-AD1CC7B9CCDD.png (245x280, 269K)

I meant if you fuck up

not that it's likely thing really, but if you mess with the boot initialization stuff you could mess it up.. but as I said, you can reset it

The Switch is seriously lacking in features in general. There's no themes beyond the basic black and white, there's no way to chat with your friends on the system, there's no internet browser, and it took two years for the system to get a fucking Youtube app.
You can hack all of that in, but it's incredible Nintendo still hasn't done this themselves. Oh, SNES emulation is coming, but it will be a gimmicky Netflix-like service where it sloooooowly adds the games one by one just like the NES emulator.

You can restore the original using enso_ex. BUT, DON'T SAY OKAY TO INSTALL SD2VITA PLUGIN OPTION.

>if you fuck with your vita, you just open safe mode and reset to factory defaults (you'll lose some content if no backups but the vita is fine)
I will use Molecule’s Boot Logo Disabler, I can unfuck the Vita then?

Attached: tumblr_prnt981vTQ1xoyw8po1_1280.jpg (1080x563, 75K)

Hacked my 3DS.
Too afraid to hack my Switch unless a newer entry point was found other than jamming a jig into the pins.

Never bought a Vita, feels like there are no games I'd play on it even if I did hack one

Seriously i don't understand nintendo, are they that incompetent and clueless when it comes to feaures and multimedia in general?

Yes, hacking my 3DS was a fun and rewarding experience. I originally did it to play the fan translated Ace Attorney game, but I later realized I should just download all the 3DS games for free. I supported Nintendo through the hellish Wii and Wii U years, so I earned this right.

The thing should have emulation on their whole library up to Gamecube available, but for some reason Nintendo is retarded.

Yes, but my 3ds Battery only lasts for an hour.
I can only play it permanently plugged, like if it was a laptop

Similar with me, I only hacked to play Fire Emblem Fates when it was launched in Japan, and that opened the door for me.

Nope that's illegal.

It's not

>I supported Nintendo through the hellish Wii and Wii U years, so I earned this right.

Attached: 1558106264073.jpg (600x600, 174K)

I wish everything still used AA(A) batteries. Pretty much 100% of everything I have that use batteries and getting old just barely take a charge anymore.

I could replace the battery yes.. but goddamn is that a pain with custom batteries and other shit, I wish I could just open a sliding backpanel and toss 4 new batteries there in 5 seconds. I could even keep 4 other charging meanwhile and swap. Why is that not a thing anymore.

3ds has less weeb games than the vita lmfao

>not that it's likely thing really, but if you mess with the boot initialization stuff you could mess it up.. but as I said, you can reset it
Nice, will try later!

(I get that AAA batteries are often too big for smaller devices, but some new standard and an easy mean to swap them could've replaced them)

looool, what?

How do i install vita games

Cut your dick off

I hacked my original 3DS XL, my New 3DS is unhacked. Also my Vita is unhacked, but I have a PSTV I bought years ago that I intend to do stuff with.
Lesbians

Attached: 59679330_p1.jpg (1000x651, 239K)

amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Games/b?ie=UTF8&node=4924899011

found a youtube video, nevermind

you faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=TCOgncG_kl0

>tfw pirate games from Sony's own servers
>go play the pirated game online
>even get seen playing things like "mGBA" on your friendlist
>sony does absolute nothing about it

Attached: 1529429413872.png (777x777, 662K)

Are vitas getting expensive? I remember everyone saying you could find them cheap, but all the new ones I'm finding are like 200-300 bucks.

it's getting discontinued this year, so if anything the prices are going to go up as it gets rarer much like it did for the PSTV

it has already been discontinued everywhere. used vitas can still be found for $120 though.

3DS as soon as I got it last week. got 90+GB games

Attached: 3DS current library.jpg (1559x505, 207K)

here you go. Heed the brick warnings though.

gbatemp.net/threads/molecules-boot-logo-disabler-for-enso-3-60.501117/

any games even worth playing on the vita

Wii U and PS4 as well iirc. Shame there isn't an easy way to hack Xbox 360 without proprietary hardware mods.

I wanna hack a Vita but I can't decide whether to buy a Vita 1000 or 2000. The 1000 has a "better" screen, but it has a shitty proprietary charger. Die time.

Attached: 1457072707298.jpg (200x212, 6K)

2000 and enable full color range in the registry.

I prefer the proprietary cable if anything, connector is big and held solidly in place. Cable is pretty durable too, but I'd buy a spare for later just in case.

Bigger probably with 1000 is the buttons are a bit worse than the slim. But I like the screen so much that I'm fine with it.

the screen on the 2000 will last longer.

*bigger problem with

Vita 2k's screen can be improved with a software mod, and it has a better battery life.

I have roughly 20k hours clocked on my oled vita and I still don't notice any degradation or burn ins

You see, I thought the same thing - then I compared it to this 3G Vita I imported that was very, very obviously only lightly used. The difference in the screens was night and day.

I've got to compare it at times too but I haven't noticed any difference

not sure how old the other vitas were though

Literally what said. It takes a couple of hours to hack, but the games are really lackluster. The 3ds has like 20 games that worth playing. If you have a psp or a vita then you shouldn't bother. you would just get disappointed like i have

>The 3ds has like 20 games that worth playing
if you count native ds/gba games then there are probably like 200 games worth playing.

Micro USB might as well be a proprietary charger nowadays so I don't really see much difference there.

>tfw high octane weeb
>tfw know Japanese
Vita got a couple nice dating sims and that shit is totally my jam. 3DS is weaker in that regard but more than makes up for it with its first party choices. They're just two different kinds of concepts as far as libraries go. It heavily depends on whether you like that kinda stuff or not. For me the Vita's library is pretty good. And so is the 3DS one but for different reasons.

Says you. My old HTC phone charger has the same voltage/amperage so I can just use that thing for my Vita instead of lugging around the brick it comes with.

Is it worth buying a vita to hack?
I had an original vita but I scratched the fucking screen leaving a deep mark like an idiot...

No. I'm straight edge. But I don't judge people who do.

Did my 3DS and have been tempted to get a Vita for the Kinovania collection. Is it hard to get working?

And you could do the same with the 1000, you'd just have to bring its cable too. I don't really see what the big deal is, you can find replacements for it easily too.
I mean, yes, having a proprietary USB cable is fucking retarded but it's no deal breaker imo.

Vita hacking is even easier than 3DS. Literally takes a minute if you've got it on 3.60, maybe 5-10 if you need to downgrade.

You can't exactly find that proprietary cable these days, however, which is a problem. You *can* get adapters for microUSB these days (which is what I did when my 2nd replacement cable broke)

>You can't exactly find that proprietary cable these days
Ebay, Amazon, aliexpress. Sure you can.

>buy a vita
>it collects dust
>hack it only to put it back in the dresser to collect more dust

Attached: 1529586072706.png (540x438, 289K)

Does 3DS have a good, easy, reliable hack like DS's R4 yet?

I hack my vita but buy physical vita games that I know I want. Some games I'm wishy washy or digital only on i'll just pirate.

I hate microUSB so much that I'd rather have a proprietary cable to be honest. I'm glad usb-c is replacing ot en mass.

I do have a spare cable for my vita in case though.

3ds.hacks.guide/

3DS hacking is ezmode these days

Of course.

Attached: my3ds-min.jpg (3024x3732, 1.1M)

how do I hack my New 2ds?

>thinking those are the actual cables on aliexpress and not knockoffs

lmao

Hacked my Vita this morning. Looking through the NPS Broswer....

Literally no good games

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 10.36.44 AM.png (828x762, 562K)

I said replacements, not "actual" Sony branded cables. Though I do know of a place that sells those too that I'm not gonna share because I don't want it to sell out to retards.

No need to.

Attached: 417wD9yxaJL._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 18K)

Literally no taste.

What do I do if I have one of the later Switches that might not be hackable?

does it even matter if it's knockoff? Ultimately it's just a usb cable with a different connector. Not a special proprietary protocol like lightning or some shit.

That's like refusing to use the memory card adapter and only buy sony branded memcard

cringe

I've been thinking about getting a PSP off eBay to hack it and use it for emulators. I've enjoyed my hacked 3ds a lot. Do I need to worry about OS versions, or is it pretty much wide open?

Fuck yeah, thanks user. Time to save up and get a 3DS. Getting a used DS and an R4 was the best ~50 bucks I've ever spent

..well the sony branded one is pretty smooth though, nice to leave plugged when using if your battery has turned to shit

Get a Vita instead. No reason not to.

The second they discontinue is the second i start that. For now... I'll buy. Pirating SNES and gba though, thats fair game

See

Are you talking about DS flashcarts? If so, yes. On 3ds flashcarts I don't really know, since I never used them.

Where's that character from?

No. I know I'll manage to fuck something up and brick my 3ds.

Attached: mario.png (506x679, 525K)

Rune factory 3

Attached: DyyNIctV4AATXvW.jpg orig.jpg (1378x2039, 255K)

wait for a new exploit

>the user that fucked up installing a psvsd the other day

Attached: heavybreathing.jpg (479x436, 51K)

Just hacked my DSi and haven't played anything on yet. I moreso like having the ability to play anything I like then actually playing anything these days. Well, aside from Doom I guess.

What did he do?

Attached: 1544022992035.png (512x512, 80K)

>psvsd
oh didn't know about that thing, sounds kind of nice and I have a old 3G

I'd probably fuck it up too though

My PSP is still my portable SNES emulator (among other systems).

Follow this It's very straight forward, no second guessing. Just read the guide twice if you are unsure.
I believe in you user.

Story?

it's the perfect emulator for NES, SNES, GB,GBC,GBA and DS games

C-cute! If I wanna play RF, which game is the best one to start of?

I only have a Vita. I've hacked it, and yet I still never play it.

>tfw you prevented an user from bricking his psp by preventing him from running cipl flasher on a 300x
I'm a good boy. I hope that user is still enjoying his PSP.

Attached: 30942387946.jpg (1080x1350, 89K)

>tfw played it for thousands of hours before pirating it
>then stopped using it because played everything you wanted
>it was kinda rotting there
>hacked it
>ran 1 snes game on it for the hell of it for 5 minutes
>haven't used it since save for charging it now and then since battery seem to lose power over a few months of non-use

Attached: 1536084531098.jpg (409x427, 36K)

Literally me except I did it with the 3ds.

Each game improves on the mechanics of the last, so ideally you should go in order if you plan to play them all. 3 and 4 are the ones most worth playing, while oceans is totally different and frontier is only good with the runey cheat. 1 and 2 aren't as good compared to the rest.

Why do you have multiple Pokémon games, user? Version exclusives? Replay again without deleting your save file?

decided to replay TWEWY and i forgot the horrors of mingle mode EXP without a second copy
used to be able to do it until my fucking flashcart broke

Attached: 3ds.jpg (4032x3024, 2.17M)

Is all I need to hack my 3DS a 3DS and a computer?

yes assuming microsd management works, which has been an issue for me on windows 10 for supposedly random reason

I hope so too.

Attached: 1170.jpg (627x310, 81K)

Excellent, I'm buying a 3DS as soon as I get paid.

the O3DS mightn't have the microsd management option, in which case you'd need an SD card reader now that i think about it

I dont why some people have a blindspot for using their phone as an emulation beast. The romsets for nes to gba is less than 10 gigs. You can even get controllers that make it feel like a vita/switch.

I would use mine but I'm a dangerous psychopath who doesn't even have a smartphone and gaming handhelds are my only portable devices

>here you go. Heed the brick warnings though.
>gbatemp.net/threads/molecules-boot-logo-disabler-for-enso-3-60.501117/
Thanks user, I only hope to avoid bricking my poor Vita :(

Attached: fotonoticia_20170116085935_640.jpg (640x427, 67K)

how long does it take to hack the vita now? thinking about picking up my friends today to hack it so he can play P4G

>power goes out
>don't have a phone
>take out your 3G vita
>try to use the free trial on the 3G to have internet
>it actually worked

Attached: 1464996156903.jpg (774x650, 355K)

you'd have to be retarded to mess this up

that aside, it's not really a brick, you can reset to factory settings (but you'll need to hack it again and your memcard adapters won't work until you do)

Hey can anyone help me out? I tried to patch Trails in the Sky FC evo to english but not the only thing that loads is videos and music. everything else is a black screen

someone pls

depending on the version 10-30 mins

>$300
WHY

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1200x1600, 333K)

Hacked 3da, hacked vita, hacked switch : )

for that? no the ones i have always wanted were these

Attached: sda.jpg (1200x798, 395K)

>how long does it take to hack the vita now? thinking about picking up my friends today to hack it so he can play P4G
To me, 6hrs. But I take my time with this shit.

>you'd have to be retarded to mess this up
I will be careful, thanks! :)

6 HOURS??

The boos go for 100-150. They're cool too but fuck the hanafuda plates are gorgeous

Attached: Y2qu2GC.jpg (3264x1836, 1.61M)

I took like 1 hour to hack mine, but I also upgrade to 3.68 from 3.67 then downgraded to 3.60 and finally used the website for the final hack

I also did that from linux so I had to look up a few extras

>6 HOURS??
I backed up all the files on my PS3, and take all the steps really, reeeally slow. Then setup the sd2vita and copy all the files of my memorycard on the microsd.

>I took like 1 hour to hack mine, but I also upgrade to 3.68 from 3.67 then downgraded to 3.60 and finally used the website for the final hack
Yeah, I downgraded mine to 3.60 too (that's why I have the Molecule's imageboot)

But yeah, I take my time, thats all.

If my pc didnt crash on the site needed to download the software i would be able to do it but no I cant hack

is it worth it to sell my galaxy n3ds xl for a japanese white n3ds? i like the color and buttons on the n3ds and i heard that the normal n3ds has a better screen. can i disable the region lock if i import? should i just buy a vita?

>his PC crashes visiting sites

those sites I need to go to to download stuff to hack the vita, and anyway id prefer it if I had someone with me who has done it to make sure im doing it right

the normal 3ds doesn't have a better screen. it's just smaller which means the resolution might look a little better on it. if you're talking about the whole tn/ips thing then it is a complete lottery. you can disable the region lock by simply hacking your 3ds.

>I know hacked Vita is pretty good
In what world? The Vita has literally only 3 good exclusives and don't fucking mention multiplats and emulation, both are better elsewhere. The 3DS has a really good library and is easy to hack. Freeshop doesn't work anymore tho, which sucks, but I think CIAngel probably still works.

A tip for you poorfag friends who buy a used 3DS but find out it's smelly as all fuck from a smoker or some dirty faggot who never washed his hands: you can get the smell out of every part of it really easy with baking soda, rubbing alcohol, etc. EXCEPT the circle pad. I literally made a little makeshift rig to coat that shit in baking powder for an entire week because nothing else was working, and even that didn't work. If you can't spend the money to reshell it or get a new stick/buttons, buy one of those stick covers for the circle pad and slap it on.

Attached: 1554603559505.gif (700x500, 15K)

You dumb motherfucker

Can you emulate GBA & SNES games on an old 3ds xl

Yeah I have a hacked New 3DSXL, a hacked Vita, and a hacked Switch.
All of which I don't play despite the endless amount of games I never touched before.

yes but you might run into some performance issues with snes games.

The lack of switch internet browser is becuase of how Wii, Wii u and 3ds could be hacked using the browser i think

This tranny has giant biceps.

is there a handy guide for this. I am a bona fide retard when it comes to this stuff

RF4 is the best to start with but going back to play the others after that will be awful and not playing them is a shame since they are all good games. I'd recommend starting with RF1 tho it's understandable if you skip that one.

vita, and ps3 too

you'd think they could sandbox it or something, PC has all this paranoia going on around browsers and then they don't bother with anything on console

poorfag here, send one to me faggot

Should I bother hacking my Vita? I don't even know where it is desu. Can you go online with it?

You can mod it without a browser though

Not my vita since I don't have one yet.
Still trying to decide what a good price to pay for one is.
220 for a new one seems like a bit much, but used ones are like 150 at the least so idk. And idk if waiting longer will be for the best or worst

there's still no reports of anyone being banned using a hacked vita online (they will certainly know that it's hacked though, it's clear as day, they just don't care), unless you were cheating in online games using it or something and you got reported by players being mad

there are some buy it nows for $120 on ebay...

>complaining about an image you'll see literally once per cold boot
are you fuckin dumb or what

Attached: file.png (254x198, 115K)

for new?
Care to link? I've been searching all day and haven't seen any that price.

I did like 4 days ago, feels good
I literally just waiting to see if they port persona 4 golden to the switch this e3 before buying a Vita

Attached: 15596020665461925229190.jpg (2448x3264, 1.66M)

Want to hack my 3ds, how easy is seedminer? I don't have a flashcart.

Attached: 1493232671219.png (658x901, 64K)

It's supposed to be super easy, but I can't get my damn fucking card reader to work on my computer and I have no idea why

Attached: Cat_panic.png (500x459, 297K)

>3ds at 100%
>put it into sleep mode in morning
>come back in evening and it's blinking red

>vita at 100%
>put it into sleep mode in morning
>come back in evening and it's at 99%
Why is there such a difference?

>look at friendlist
>that guy who's playing "mGBA"

Attached: .jpg (960x544, 120K)

OP, where's your hacked switch?

did last week actuly, feels gooooood. Anyone know where I can get more .cia files that isnt tpb ? They're scarce af

Attached: tumblr_odxq0wG0oW1t8w6xvo1_100.gif (96x92, 20K)

Looking forward to DSi hacking, since this is now achievable on any stock or updated DSi without the need for any pre-installed DSiWare.

youtube.com/watch?v=qW6DDLM56ps
dsi.cfw.guide/

It uses a simple SD card exploit in the DSi Camera app.

Damn right I did brother

Attached: DSC_0579.jpg (2560x1440, 1.06M)

no, not new. you said it is at least $150 for a used one which is not true

Yeah I hacked mine. I have a PSP/DS/N3DS strewn about somewhere but there are my main two.

Attached: P1060913.jpg (1500x1841, 699K)

My 3ds has been hacked for ages, but my Vita has not. Is it a proper hack like the 3ds or just temporary jailbreak crap?

>bought one for $80
>oh uhh we don't actually have that in stock any more, order cancelled :)
>see it back up for $280 the next day
why the fuck haven't the chinese gotten into knocking off 3ds plates

Attached: 1503315139432.png (477x729, 1.33M)

the wii u was bursting with features and was consumer-friendly but no one bought it
now the swich has barely anything and nintendo is doing anti-consumer shit now and everyone is buying it just because it was marketed well
nintendo just learned that effort and quality doesnt mean shit.
switch is a flimsy piece of shit made of throwaway chinkshit outside of hd rumble but it sells because it has a shit throwback pokemon game and a bing bing wahoo that looks more like original 3d bing bing wahoo rather than a new take on bing bing wahoo

Depends on your firmware version, but I think there's a downgrade tool right now that lets you get the full hack

Oh wait, you're american, I didn't notice that sorry

>reimu and green reimu
my man

>port persona 4 golden to the switch this e3
lol you dumb motherfucker
Is this nigger serious? We've been hearing retards say this shit since 2015.

not since psp too lazy.

>are you fuckin dumb or what
It's called autism, but thanks user

lol the n2dsxl screen looks so shit compared to the vita one.

i just hacked my new 2ds xl an hour ago and this is what i got so far.

Attached: kino.jpg (3920x4032, 2.14M)

the only vitas that cannot get a permanent hack are the absolute latest japanese ones that have a stock firmware of 3.68 or above
oh sorry about that. hope you get a vita for a good price then.

.. and it's also all software, you don't need to buy anything at all, and will be permanent once you're done

>hack 3ds
>put 128GB SD card full of games on it
>never play any because they are all shovelware shit and the games I wanted to play I actually own
based

Yes, I'm playing the new Thracia translation on 3DS right now and it's fucking incredible.

Why wouldn't it? 240p vs qHD.

worst case would be to have a vita with a base firmware version that's above 3.65 (downgrading is impossible then)

my own is on like firmware 1.7 lol

hacks hard modes different regions fun

Half of that is just the screen not doing well under flash.

But yeah, its not good.

Having my nes, snes, gb, gbc, gba, ds, and 3ds games all on a single handheld has been pretty sweet so yes. Custom themes are also pretty nice.

Is it easy to pirate on vita?

everything you need is there
vita.hacks.guide/

and it's software only, all you need is a PC running windows or linux

Yes, easier than the 3DS especially since Freeshop died. The Vita has a Freeshop equivalent that works on the Vita and on PC so you can mass download games from Sony servers with super high speeds.

as for pirating games (if that's what you meant), you can download them straight from sony's servers with NoPayStation

are there any good n3ds XL cover plates at all?
all the cool shit is for the regular new 3ds models instead

I'm not man enough to hack them. I only hacked my Wii because I was so fucking pissed at the time that we weren't getting any games here in North America. I've never been that desperate to hack anything else.

>are there any good n3ds XL cover plates at all?
No. n3ds only.

if you're scared to brick, Vita is super safe and lets you undo what you did by resetting to factory settings

change to firmware only use sony's official update files and not any weird shit

>base firmware above 3.65
That is literally impossible you retard.

>downgrading is impossible then
Downgrading is possible on every firmware.

is it? I seen the warning on a few sites

what's the highest firmware that vitas have been shipped with anyway?

Attached: ohgodmyeyes.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

yes, but you can't downgrade further than the initial firmware shipped with the vita

some of the last japanese models have base firmware of 3.67 or above

>you can't downgrade further than the initial firmware shipped with the vita
No.

I honestly don't have the patience to go through the process. I find it easier to buy the few games I like anyways.

Q: My factory firmware is higher than 3.65 and modoru doesn't allow me to downgrade to 3.60/3.65.
A: Unfortunately, there are some devices with factory firmware above 3.65. These cannot be downgraded (yet). This means no bootloader hack for you.

Yes my O3DS XL. Waiting for my flash cart to arrive to hack my new N3DS XL tho.

And this class, is pure condensed autism

>yes, but you can't downgrade further than the initial firmware shipped with the vita
Those Vitas that are too high are practically nonexistent though. They outright don't exist in the US. If you import from Japan then yeah, there's a small chance, only a small one though. There's no reason to import from Japan though unless they really have a color you like that's not here. Even then, its most likely going to be compatible with 3.65 at least.

Don't buy a slim then if you're really that concerned. All the phat Vitas have low factory firmware.

I'm currently hacking my vita.
Are the vita versions of the atelier dusk games better than the ps3 versions? I know they have additional content but I'm sure they run a little worse. Is it significant?

That is exactly what made me hack my 3ds as well.

That's fine then, I really didn't keep up with what firmware vitas shipped with lately but saw that warning with modoru.

Atelier games run notoriously shitty but you can overclock your Vita to get a stable FPS.

>handheld hacking discussion
>nearly no discussion on how the super slim can finally be hacked
baka desu senpai

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (225x306, 60K)

>tfw cant hack my 3ds because I don't have a microsd reader and microsd management over network doesnt work on win10

Ayesha is the only dusk atelier worth playing and also one of the best Atelier overall, and it has dual audio on vita (dub only on PS3, other games didn't do that)

Attached: 1374468325158.jpg (1316x938, 332K)

super slim what?

He fucked up when unplugging the battery. Pulled too hard and tore it off the PCB.

can't say I can tell you how well it runs on vita though, I was cucked and played that PS3 version before the vita one existed

Today I'd definitely play it on vita though.

Is it worth buying an N3DS/XL for stuff like SNES/GBA games if I already have an original 3DS? Is there a big difference in performance?

>I don't have a microsd reader and microsd management over network doesnt work on win10
I have win10 and microsd management works over network, I use it everyday.

Same, I don't give a fuck about playing online

Yup. 3DS and Vita back in 2016, Slim Vita few weeks ago when Trinity hack got released. As a bonus have a white PSP. All in potato quality picture.

Attached: P_20190604_023303_1.jpg (3952x2304, 1.19M)

the original 3ds can run gba games natively. if you reeeeally want to play snes games with better performance you can upgrade, but i'd upgrade regardless because of the ergonomics/screen size.

You might need an SD card adaptor/slot for the adaptor or stick it in to some device it can read (phone or something)
N3DS has wireless file functionality but most games are pretty big so be cautious.

It's nice just because of having the extra options.
Like said, gba games work fine.
If you really want snes games though, go for a "new" model 3ds.
Also the difference in screen size is actually nice in the xl models. You can also change gba, snes and ds games to their original resolution.

Attached: 1497146180103.jpg (640x480, 36K)

Extremely easy, like just follow 3ds.eiphax.tech/fredminer.html
and it's straightforard as heck. No way you can screw it up.

ziperto.com/ for most important cias

>downloading shovelware
The fuck is wrong with you?

ziperto
3dsiso
3dscia (use adfly blocker)

nah, SMB V1.0 is disabled if you're updated, I renabled it and it still doesn't let me access

Attached: 2019-06-03_19-44-31.png (846x213, 17K)

Any chance you know anything about getting card readers to not fucking suck? It's the only thing stopping me right now.

So what are some good metroidvanias (or exploration platformers, whatever) for the Vita? I picked up Rabi Ribi a while ago and I just started playing it recently, it's a whole lot of fun actually. I've also got Timespinner which I still need to finish at some point, though I heard it's not very long to begin with.

no slot on your pc? No idea, man. I know that you can se another device that reads the SD card and plug it to the PC like an android phone or something.

just use an usb adapter?

I would try that, but my Android only has a slot for a microSD, and that IS actually how I usually transfer stuff from my Switch to my computer.

Attached: why_live.png (469x286, 228K)

I'm playing pq2 right now and fuck the third maze boss, it's a full on gimmicky cancer fight I am so pissed

I have the reader plugged into my computer by USB, and the SD in the reader, the drivers look like they installed properly, but there's like no drive that shows up for me to look into the SD Card

Welp, you seem to be extremely unlucky. Give up right now and kill yourself. We glorious hackers don't need your...broken SD card reader...thingy.

Attached: IMG_20180217_190724_178.jpg (1280x1152, 27K)

seems to be a problem with your adapter

I would imagine this is probably what it is. I literally just dug the reader out of some old junk in this house, it seems kinda old and crusty so it might just be a shitty reader

brutal

i've never had to install drivers for sd card readers

Is it a Windows 7 thing to need to wait for drivers to install every single time you plug something in?

Anyone have any experience with refurbished New 3DS XLs from the Nintendo store?

Attached: 1558402786357.gif (345x237, 1.86M)

loaded with shota cum, so they're a pretty good deal.

is a 16gb sd card enough for a 3ds?

they are brand new consoles without the original boxes. order them from ebay so you get free shipping.

That's probably decent enough, yeah

How big are 3DS isos? I may finally hack it but should I get a microSD to SD converter or is a 16 GB SD good enough?

Anything is "enough", it just means you'll have to swap games on/off more often. I'd recommend at least a 32gb so you can get a good 10 games or so, but if you already have a 16 then it will work just fine.

i have 30 3ds games on my sd card and it takes up 18 gigabytes.

why do people prefer normal new 3dss over new 3ds xls

some people prefer they handheld to be small and easy to transport. nothing for me I think the XL is just right

higher build quality, better aesthetics (matte finish is always nicer).

how is the non xl a higher build quality

I think I might have to pay shipping anyway, considering I'm a fucking leaf.

>16
Fuck no. 128 to 256 is best. Game can get pretty big. Like the big JRPGS are usually more than a gigabyte, along with monster hunter games, yo-kai watch games. Some first parties can be less than a GB like the zelda and mario games (not hyrule warriors tho)

Nintendo like to avoid emulation so they can get you to buy remasters later down the line

I have an XL but kind of want a small one. It's heavy and uncomfortable to hold, and while the large screen is nice DS and GBA games look like ass.

I have all the games worth playing on the 3ds and they all fit on my 64gb

Oh. Okay. whichever suits you. It's just that 16 seems a bit low.

Oh I use the non-asshole version of w10 so I don't have those issues.

What is the best Gba emulator for psp 1001?
i have one but it drains the battery like crazy
also other good hombrew/emulators for psp aside from gba/snes/nes/gb emulators?

>whn you have the 3D on for so long it doesn't make a difference anymore
Talk about gimmicky.

you mean it stops working, or that you get so used to it it looks normal?
t. never had a 3ds

But that's easily reparable, user.

there's nothing worth pirating anymore, most likely

>you get so used to it it looks normal?
Yeah, feels that way sometimes. But you can definitely tell where the 3D layers are located like the HUD and the game world.

>dual IPS new 3DS XL latest Luma
>OLED Vita 3.60
Screenlets will never know this feel.

why? Do you want the 3DS library to be forgotten now?

explain

Probably the best way to get a N3DSXL. They're cheaper than a new N2DSXL, and are basically brand-new. I bought two, one of which was pristine and the other has a super tiny scratch on the back-plate but is otherwise fine.

Please hang yourself with a

Attached: NOOSE.jpg (1600x800, 307K)

3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
>The following is an optional section that will allow you to restore your flashcart to its original state (to allow it to be used for its standard functions).

Attached: 1555643915854.jpg (1242x1120, 129K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LbDIfOSay-c

I make my own Gameboy Color flashcarts.

Attached: 1513877702942.png (650x665, 448K)

psst I fixed it

Attached: fixed vita.jpg (2955x1957, 1.5M)

How do I know if I have an IPS screen? The colors don't get all negative if I look at it from below

>the obsessions with IPS vs tn screens

reddit.com/r/3DS_IPS_TN/comments/4td7zb/has_anyone_found_a_monster_hunter_generations_new/

reddit.com/r/3DS_IPS_TN/comments/50wen1/new_galaxy_style_new_3dsxl_post_tn_or_ips/

Attached: lel.jpg (720x540, 60K)

Now that both are easy to hack do I save up and get a 3DS or do I get a Vita? Which one has the superior library for what tastes?

Attached: 1559402325522.png (240x240, 49K)

3DS for zelda, pokemon, marios, exclusive JRPGS like Bravely Default, Persona Q, etc, fun all around
you might like some simulation games like animal crossing, tomodachi life, nintendogs + cats

Vita has dem graphiqs and some decnt titles like wipeout 2048, LBP, PSP library, etc. Too bad the vita memory cards are very expensive and 3DS uses microSD.

to each their own tho

Thanks, sounds like 3DS will be my thing.

I'm not that desperate. I think I have top as IPS and bottom as TN which is fine

>save up
How poor are you that you can’t drop $90 on a used handheld without saving?

>full time jobs in my country usually pay 300 to 500 yuros which means you barely have enough to survive
>i'm jobless anyway

giving it a go, will report back if it works

Recommend me some game for the 3DS that doesn't use the circle pad, I fucking hate that thing

Attached: Untitled.jpg (616x394, 56K)

I like it desu

I've gotten so much mileage out of my hacked OLED vita. It emulates GBA perfectly, can't go back to that tiny GBA screen after seeing it on a Vita

Can I emulate Genesis things on my 3DS? I wanna have portable S3&K

I also want games that don't need the circle pad because mine broke.

>buying handheld toys

Attached: 6D1B8731-557A-4290-9A49-5D87AEF87536.png (500x460, 26K)

I hacked my vita but I really don’t know what to do with it, it somehow runs snes9x worse than my hacked 3DS which was the main reason I hacked it, and most actual vita games suck ass. It’s good for ps1/psp games I guess.

The vita is trash. Got bored if it quickly. PS3 was sonys last good console in terms of library.

Exactly what I did to mine, hell I even bought a vita cart to sd card adapter but what games am I gonna play on it?

vita is pretty much a portable rpg/ vn machine

I did

Attached: idort.jpg (1000x492, 475K)

>emulator
>GBA and DS
user it plays them natively

nope, pretty sure it's dead

I've hacked every console/handheld I've ever had and I have almost all of them (never cared much for Xbox or Sega but I still had a hacked DC)

It takes a little bit of effort, but you can give the vita an adaptor for mSD cards.

So can you not use save states or fast forward for gba games on the 3ds?

Not if you play with VC injects, since it just uses the onboard gba chip.
There is a GBA emulator proper but its kinda ass.

What themes do you anons run on your vitas? I got Planet With on mine.

Attached: 1489120807748.png (653x646, 229K)

the gba isn't like the snes/nes, most games are pretty generous when it comes to saving.

So huh there was a new update recently for 3ds, am I the only one that haven't updated still? Are we sure it's safe?

Attached: daiyn4r-359b238f-529a-4dc5-8789-a10caa042b02.jpg (800x775, 195K)

It's safe. Hacked a refurbished n3dsxl on it a week ago. Nothing changed at all.

You can.
Played some comix zone, castlevania bloodlines and ristar earlier.
All the picross games, kirby triple deluxe and planet robobot, any gba or snes game, gunstar heroes 3d, Persona Q and Persona Q2, SMT: Devil Survivor, cave story, binding of isaac, pokemon super mystery dungeon, megaman legacy collection

Attached: 1493863109008.png (853x921, 817K)

Yeah but dropped it and it died

I want to hack my 3DS to play the Great Ace Attorney fantranslated but I don't know how

I've got a first gen psp that has lasted me a long time, jailbroken since the first build. It's dying though and I feel like upgrading to the vita, is it basically just the same experience but with more power?

Weeb love is the most disgusting thing in the world. I bet she was a 3/10 at best

look at guides in /vg/ homebrew and hacking general

when i did it a few years ago it just involved dragging and dropping files and running them. most of the time was spent waiting for ds to load, its probably easier/quicker now

Can I play online with a .cia from doing this? I lost my copy of Tri Force Heroes and wanna try it again.

Attached: TFH_Legendary_Dress_Artwork.png (316x592, 237K)

Literally every Puzzle & Dragons Z cia I've downloaded is fucking broken. The game must be cursed.

They could also just make easier to put in rechargeable batteries like those 360 controllers. They did kind of suck though. I needed to always get new ones every two years. Might be because I game too much for too long or just that those batteries weren't well made.

AA batteries would get expensive to game man. Game Gear needed six of those things and only got like an hour to three hours of battery life? That is some serious bullshit man. You needed the adapter for that handheld.

Oh well. You can still play ds games off the 3ds sd card, though the flashcard probably works better on many games.

I'm not autistic enough to own a hand held

Should I buy a DS or 3DS? Been wanting to replay all the gems from GBA and onwards, but I'm debating between the two since the 3DS library doesn't seem that strong and it's at least $100+ more (plus there's always citra)

For hacking, definitely 3DS

I really hated the 3DS library before hacking it but god theres so much fucking games on this thing
I feel bad not giving a chance to stuff like Picross 3D and Fantasy Life, they're absolutely fantastic.

you hack them for portable emulators that have buttons, not because either of them have a good library

my sister in law has those on hers. we got them super cheap when they came out

Thanks, it seems to be the same for most.

yeah but at that point you should just emulate on better hardware without the effort

3DS and a DS flashcart

You already got a new mobo that quickly? Impressive.

Just the thread I need! Could anyone tell me, what type and capacity if micro SDs are okay to use with SD2Vita?

It's not an obsession m8
>buy hyrule gold new 3ds xl
>learn about the ips panel drama
>think to myself I never get lucky so I should just forget it
>buy the snes new 3ds xl because I liked that skin
>it arrives and I'm excited
>notice something different when I power it on
>ignore and proceed to hack it
>eventually compare the two handhelds
>realize I was lucky all along with the hyrule 3ds
>gift the 3ds to my niece who won't care about this autism
Seriously fuck Nintendo.

3.0 supports up to 256gb

Yeah two day Express shipping with dhl. Got my SD and memory card all set up now that I fixed it.

Vitas a completely dead system. Why would they care?

fuck Nintendo because you are an idiot? I don`t get it.

did you not read the part about him using sony's bandwidth?
If you don't sell any games and consoles but people can use your servers for free to pirate then you are at net loss.

user is saying Nintendo sell shit screens at random it's not rocket science

shovel more corporate cock down your throat faggot

is trinity just for downgrade access?

Technically no, but practically yes.

Reminder you can play DS & DSi roms off an SD card now if you have a DSi. You have to anti-piracy patch the DS roms, other than that DS games work perfectly. You don't even need a flash card anymore.
youtu.be/qW6DDLM56ps

Attached: they be hatin & shit.gif (270x220, 24K)

ok, guess i'll skip for now then. i was too much of a buyfag that i skipped when everything was easy peasy on 3.60

Trinity and downgrading ain't hard, m8. I had to downgrade my 3G Vita I imported and it took me maybe 15 minutes, and most of that was just sitting around waiting for programs to run.

i just cant be bothered, is all. maybe one weekend when i have nothing to do

No desire/reason too. When I was broke and in grade school hacking and pirating was a godsend. Now I have a disposable income, can afford whatever game I want and O have no desire to emulate all the old shit I grew up with.

Undubs, fan-translations and decensorships ate always appreciated though.

Or you could continue to pirate while taking all of the money you've saved on each title and investing in a Roth IRA or putting more of your paycheck in a 401k so you can retire sooner

I make decent pay and I scrimp and save and pirate absolutely all of my entertainment and am on track to retire at 40

I can't even be mad, it took me over a year to go from base henkaku to enso on my slim.