Is it time to take off the nostalgia goggles and admit DS3 was the best of the series?

Is it time to take off the nostalgia goggles and admit DS3 was the best of the series?

Attached: ds3.jpg (1200x1575, 294K)

Definitely the best boss fights in souls but it’s also the most linear.
DS2 is still the best overall game.

/thread

They're all good for different reasons
I personally think 2 is better than 1 or 3 if you consider everything but 3 has good covenants, NPCs, and bosses

Pvp has its merits. The game on the other hand is an orange and grey rework of DSptde. All in all every souls title has had its issues so I'm fine with ds3 as it was. But to call it the best would be an overstatement.

this

>most linear
This isn't a bad thing.

Dark Souls 3 is fucking boring.

Kill yourself.

Both 1 and 3 are great for different reasons. 2 is a putrid piece of shit.

Attached: truth.jpg (1366x989, 93K)

There's nothing bad with linearity. DS3 is 3 years old and it still maintains a healthy community with lots of people in similiar SL ranges staying in similiar areas. This wouldn't be possible with world design akin to 1 which honestly gets old pretty fast. Not to mention that sheer size of DS3 locations fully compensates for world design.

>DS2 is still the best overall game.

Attached: 1559352030380.jpg (1004x919, 197K)

DS2 SOTFS = Bloodborne > DS2 = SEKIRO > DS3 = DS1 > shit > Demon's Souls

Attached: that_feeling_after_i_beat_a_boss_in_dark_souls_by_worshipthesatan-d7jicc9.jpg (1920x1080, 1007K)

/thread

Dark Souls 3 is basically a Souls game for people who don't like Souls games. For people who bitched about artificial difficulty, about slow clunky combat, about getting lost, about anything that would scare of casual plebs, Dark Souls 3 "fixed"

If you think SOTFS is equal to BB you must be retarded, 12 yo, mentally handicapped or all 3.

I could forgive Dark Souls 2 if they changed the feel of the combat back to what the rest of the series used. DS2 feels too floaty, dodges work different, the sound effects in battle are atrocious, the animations are bad, everything related to the feel of combat is off, and that's what utterly killed the game. Had it been a carbon copy of Demons/Dark Souls combat, it would've been a fine entry.

Fuck DS1

Never played ds2...why does it get the hate

Don't tell me you liked the backstab abuse and the broken magic in DS1.

it's my favorite