Why don't we have proper ASOIAF RPG yet boys
>Start as farm hand or flea bottom bastard or some shit
>night's watch quests to explore north
>explore essos and sothoryos
>find drawgons
>politik you way to king
>sick loot

where is it lads

Attached: SEI_62327730.jpg (644x468, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IbrCsYqhL9g
youtu.be/_TdQkDnOUWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Night's Watch could probably do with its own game, so your character is a proper member who can't leave.

Who makes it? Who can make a game of that scope? Nobody out of Japan would, not even Fromsoft and they're making a game with germ.
Well, how about the west? CDPR has sapowski, Todd made his own GoT, and rockstar makes 1 game a decade.
Better off making a good version of m&b with combat that doesn't suck dingdongs or some total conversion mod... And I assume there's shit like that out there.

Why would I want a game in a shitty series written by the hack of the century?

Because it's shit with the depth of a puddle that only got famous because it had edgy rape scenes and omg they killed a major character guys!!!!! You faggots are the capeshit of books now

the mods ACoK for Warband and AGOT for CK2 are the best at representing the series. Bannerlord (inb4 not coming out) seems like it well reflect it even better as it will have more political and dynastic options in addition to improving sieges and all of that
if you mean an RPG along the lines of an Elder Scrolls game I can't imagine that working really well as the game world would be way too large even if it was substantially scaled down and most RPGs like that couldn't handle large battles

>Yea Forums told me its bad so let's parrot that opinion again

go back to your pantyquest anime faggotry

lmao butthurt manchild

There are actually a RPG and teatle game
Bound by flame is literally nigh tking show

If anything, there's too much depth. There are so much ancillary details and historic chaff that the series is Tolkien-tier garbage.

there is an rpg on steam, heard it sucks but havent played it myself
grrm is working with fromsoft on something currently

7/10 bait. got me to reply

?
What is bait about this? After reading both series the Silmarillion, both are just trite world-buikding garbage. Have you read all the books?

>trite world-buikding garbage.
lmao what a retard
ASOIAF has barely any worldbuilding.

>ASOIAF has barely any worldbuilding.
that's really not true and regardless of how you feel about the series I'm not sure why you would say that

You only read fantasy genre trash, huh? Yes, asiof was bogged down with shallow details.

I read it years before the show was made and anyone heard about it. It sucked then and it sucks now.

All his "world building" is extremely basic and he focuses mostly on characters.
>making random assumptions
lol asoiaf is trash and comparing it to Tolkien is pathetic.

This. It's just like manga, anime and capeshit.

because the license for it is super expensive and you have to deal with all the whims of a fat wizard, so it's easier and cheaper to just do your own fantasy setting.

Only if it has survival elements built-in, with drinking bad water potentially giving you diarrhea.

What the fuck is asoiaf

Tolkien is trash my man because he left the world-building in the LOTR text itself. Even the Hobbit slows to a fucking crawl when Elrond shows up to talk about a bunch of retarded shit nobody cares about. You might like it, but he was a moderate writer at best and his books were bogged the fuck down. Tolkien gets a pass by everyone because he showed how autistic you can get with world-building, but nowadays a good author uses that as an internal logic without giving it to the reader unless necessary. Tolkien is a good world-builder but a shitty novelist.

Best boy in best GoT game.

Attached: Rodrik Forrester.png (741x949, 541K)

"anything soi as fuck", an exciting new Yea Forums acronym

>dying to diarrhea locks you into a minute+ long text screen describing how the more you drank the more you shat

I didn't read the books. Why was this passage included?

there's the VR thing, I guess

>Tolkien is trash my man
Nah, "my man". Tolkien will always be the de facto fantasy novelist. Go fuck yourself if you think there is a better one.

Licensing issues probably play the biggest role in stuff like this. There's no huge LOTR games either except for maybe that one MMO but only the most extreme autists play those. Most of these games are cash grabs from Jew publishers that let the janitors code them and ship them out as fast as possible to bank on the name. And if you wanna have the main cast in there you'd have to attempt to get the actors to do voice-over if you want it to be good and that's even more money and time.
It's easier to just makes something from a blank slate and not have to deal with those issues.
I think whatever From is working on is going to be something to look out for. Not because of GRRM but because this is everything is pointing towards all of From's good ideas being rolled into one good game. We'll see at E3.

?
Is this the gotcha? Fantasy is trash breh. Read real books

You're all fucking retards

Have sex incels.

>but nowadays a good author uses that as an internal logic without giving it to the reader unless necessary
No, this is still just a lazy writer and always will be. Failure to flesh out the details under the guise of brevity is the work of amateurs, Tolkien is a god tier writer who inspired countless others to try and follow in his footsteps.

Attached: 1558366195287.gif (600x338, 1.88M)

which house's motto is that

>No, this is still just a lazy writer and always will be. Failure to flesh out the details under the guise of brevity is the work of amateurs, Tolkien is a god tier writer who inspired countless others to try and follow in his footsteps.
Wrong. Tolkien's world-building is indeed a lesson on world-building... and it's also a lesson on what not to do when implementing it into your novel. Proper world-building should be documented by the author, but it should be omitted from the text as much as possible unless it serves the plot or the characters. Tolkien is not a god tier writer and never was. He's like Lovecraft in this regard.

house of chad

crusaders kings 2 mod is rpgish enough

>I'm not a newfag, you're a newfag!
>I read it years before it was popular, I swear!

Actually this. Most of the game takes place at the Wall or north of it. It should take place a few years before the ASOIAF books so that the Others are there, but they haven't killed everything yet. Maybe you play as Benjen?

You're just repeating yourself and not saying anything to prove your point. You claim it's a "lesson on what not to do when implementing it into your novel" but the reality of this statement is to the contrary. It's your own personal preference swaying this statement, you prefer to have casual consumption rather than being able to sink your teeth into the details.

And if the game wants to throw in some teasers of the rest of the world, there could be an event at hogtown, or maybe going some place else South to pick up recent convicts who were sent to the Wall.

>GoT MMO
>every player is a Snow

Attached: 1506713178592.png (500x300, 17K)

>hogtown
Mole's Town* no idea why I thought of that name.

>not being the far superior Storm bastard

Why dont people talk about this game anymore? You play as a veteran of the nights watch / runaway lordling turned red priest returning home to reclaim his birthright. youtu.be/IbrCsYqhL9g

Mors is best boy

>ASOIAF

Sadly, we'll never see something based off of ASoIaF due to the popularity and mainstream appeal of GoT series, especailly since fat fuck has once again delayed Winds of Winter. Remember, the people making a game off of Westeros want the masses, and the masses only know of GoT for the most part. Many aren't even aware that it's based off a book series, I kid you not. It's sort of like how all Marvel videogames use the movies as their base for artistically representing much of their shit nowadays. Here's whom they want to buy their game, fat 30 year old hippos and men who make even more flamboyantly feminine facial expressions than women in some urban city.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

>nobody read it before it came out
Sure man. I read a lot of fantasy novels, read those, forgot them and moved on.

>choose to play as mother of dragons
>SHIIIIIIITT

Game of Thrones sucks even in book form. Fuck off Twilight novelists

if you don't at least like jaime chapters you are a faggot

>fantasy
>open world
>with GRRM
>both myazaky and ol georgie like to put lovecraft in their work
>implying it's not gonna be GOT
unless the celtic mythology leaks are true, it's definetely going to be got

I want ASOIAF RPG without any actor shit.

The Celtic mythology leak is true.

based
DUNK THE LUNK WHEN?

I dunno, that relatively recent tabletop game went full book designs. & GoT is losing its social signal appeal for the shitty ending. That could turn around though once the spinoffs start, so you're probably right.

Pretty much Dragon Age's Grey Wardens without drinking blood.

Yeah but tabletop games aren't videogames. They're much cheaper to make and hit a very particular niche. And much like books, you need to rely on imagination and an attention span truly enjoy yourselves. Modern day videogames on the other hand need to appeal to almost everyone due to their huge budgets.

>Todd made his own GoT

Todd's such a fucking unimaginative hack it's not even funny. During the pre-production of Skyrim, he wanted it to be based off a civil war much like in ASoIaF. So of course he retconned Skyrim to be like The North in Westeros. The irony here is that Skyrim is suppose to be more like the land Beyond the Wall. But you can't expect much from a man who went from being a low key programmer and power gamed a restructuring vacuum inside the company through the late 90's and early 2000's to become head honcho.

Is this a lowkey Yea Forums fantasy bookfag thread? Those are always max comfy and people here have great taste in books.

>Off on adventure
>get summoned to tournament in king's landing
>win tons of coin in victory
>buy whores and valyrian steel sword
comfy

Fuck you for reminding me that thing existed, but also Forresters were alright. Though I would have preferred to play as the young lord.

There are great mount & blade mods for it

Skyrim was an integral part of the empire for a long time and was civilized to all hell.

youtu.be/_TdQkDnOUWw

>tfw not marching in Stannis' army through the Wolfswood exchanging banter with the southrons freezing their arses off

Because it was good, and there's only shit posting here

Not until you turn it into one, user. Have you read Wheel of Time?

THE MORE SHE DRANK THE MORE SHE SHAT

Because licenses take money. Why would you give 30% of your profit to GR Martin when you can write your own fantasy shit?

Attached: scrooge-mcduck-998x749.jpg (998x749, 128K)

because everybody wants more asoif and nobody wants your OC

because you can make a bit of money or a bit less than RIDICULOUS money

I tried too but I couldn't even get through the first book, it was just kinda boring.

I'm just going back and reading Lord of the Rings again.
It's been over a decade since I did, and now I actually get a little bit excited when I see the references to things like Numenor and the fall of the North Kingdom because now I know what those things mean kind of since I got lost in the wiki a couple times. Fucking Tom.

But there is? One rpg one as well that was relatively ok since you didn't meet the main cast so choices actually had impact. Played as a night fag and a red priest

Actually I did read it in the late 90s and lots of people did. How did you think HBO picked it up? A song of ice and fire was well known among the fantasy book readers. It made a big splash.

>not being a chad Sand and Making the Eight once a year

Meant for

Read the back lore on Skyrim from pre-TESV lore. It wasn't what what was portrayed in TESV. I'm not saying it was lawless, but everything about it was not was it shown. But then again, Cyrodil became generic English countryside fantasy rather than the jungle it was portrayed as in lore.

>every other MMO calls their players "Hero", "Adventurer", or something similar
>this one would just call them BASTARD
kek

>in we have a Warp in the Center that undoes the forestification of Cyrodiil next game so they can make TESVII in an actual jungle setting

How did a generic fantasy pulp Warhammer ripoff written by hacks video game have a more satisfying conclusion than the most acclaimed modern fantasy series?

Attached: asofaf.jpg (1072x618, 281K)

Now that's some stellar plot ideas my friend, we got an opening here at Bethesda, are you willing to work for peanuts?

Attached: HappyTodd.jpg (530x298, 32K)

I'm tired of kids wanting videogames for any and every other medium they like, the only thing good about the ASOIAF setting is the writing and the themes it brings with it, which are hard to convey in a video game which needs gameplay. The rest is nothing special and actually quite restrictive in terms of varied gameplay, as 99% of your enemies would have to be humans, and its role could easily be fulfilled by any generic fantasy setting. The only reason anyone should ever want an ASOIAF game is if Martin is writing, in which case the game only becomes a vehicle for his story, which could've just been a book in itself.

>not wanting Game of Thrones Kart

>which could've just been a book in itself.

GRR Martin isn't writing anything anymore least of all anything ASoIaF.

He's written a ton of things in the last 10 years, both non-ASOIAF and ASOIAF-related, the only thing he's not writing is the main series i.e. TWOW

If Todd buys me some drugs I can be their retarded Kirkbride

>thousands of years before the books
>play as benjen

Attached: 1510889252412.png (650x740, 47K)

>thousands of years before the books
>reading comprehension

>game set thousands of years before the events of asoiaf
>benjen didn't exist then
>play as benjen?

Attached: 1553385746956.png (205x246, 4K)

>Actually this. Most of the game takes place at the Wall or north of it. It should take place a few years before the ASOIAF books so that the Others are there, but they haven't killed everything yet. Maybe you play as Benjen?

are you purposefully being retarded?

What was the mmo where a player could become King/Lord of the Realm and do some neat shit?
Archelord or something?