A game created by a group of people from perfect families

>A game created by a group of people from perfect families
>Forcing you to intervene in family matters that are not yours
>They force you to murder the only true hero
>Before he tries to do exactly what the main character did to all his family.

Attached: 541680d483bc631cd93aef669575b460.jpg (564x1002, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/it-sucks-to-be-a-mom-in-god-of-war-1826309777
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>God of War ends with "if you kill him, you're better than him"
>JRPG fanboys brains cannot process it at all

Attached: 1462331196276.jpg (812x806, 477K)

So Baldr is the Christ of Kratos . He died for his sins.

Kratos killing Balder at the end was the most frustrating thing.
Freja explicitly said she was okay with dying to repent for what she did. You're not ending a cycle of violence, you're actively starting one. If he'd just let Balder kill Freja, there'd have been no more beef between the two. Hell, Balder would probably feel somewhat indebted to Kratos and Atreus.

I think it deals with his inner conflict about how he failed to save his family.

If that's what they're going for, how letting Balder die any better? Now it's just Freja failing to save her son.

Baldr died because he's a shitty skinny manlet with mommy issues. What happens after Freja dies? Nothing, Baldr is still a shitty person and is going to keep on being trash. How can you be so brainlet to not understand fucking God of War?

so Baldr Became the infamous martyr for the whims and false righteousness of kratos

baldr comes back anyway if god of war 2 follows norse lore

It's not necessarily a better outcome in my opinion. Hence the conflict.

Pretty much how I see it. Kratos wants to do the right thing so much that he ended doing the wrong(?) thing

I'm pretty sure Balder died because Kratos killed him.
He was a shitty person because he literally could not feel any sensations, which Freja was directly to blame for, and despite her being able to reverse it at literally any point in time, and him very clearly wanting her to do so, she refuses.

I think Kratos' thought process behind the whole cycle thing was that, if Baldur killed his mother and lived, he would have children of his own, and those children would eventually do the same to him, and so on and so forth, as had happened with Kratos' family.

By killing Baldur then and there, he prevents another family from slaughtering itself.

Freya will still cause whatever untold casualties in the meantime but i guess in Kratos' mind it's going to cause less bloodshed in the long run if he cuts it off at Baldur. we'll have to wait until god of war 5 or whatever theyre planning next to see if he was right.

Baldur was more based than Kratos

I suppose I can see that making some sense, but I sincerely disagree with Kratos thought process on this one.

if he was so much more based how come hes a dead nigger lmao

>if I kill them all, they can't kill each other

It's technically sound.

Because Kratos and his fag son couldn't mind their own damn buisness.

The death of Baldr is the first augur of Ragnarok. While I'm pretty sure the people who made this game aren't smart enough to capitalize on that fact and are just going for "muh motherly feelings" melodramatic nonsense, it would be a great plot point if it turned out that Freya completely understood that she had been torturing her son for countless ages but, by doing so, ensured the continued wellbeing of the world.

the most funny is that all is her mom's fault

I'll bet five bucks that this new trilogy is going to be a tragic tale about how no matter how hard you try, revenge is a inescapable cycle no matter who is killing who. Kratos unintentionally doomed Atreus to having to fight the entire family of Asgard alone when the cycle finally gets Kratos and the "sickness" overtakes Atreus.

Reminder that Loki fucked with a horse. How they gonna show it in the next game?

sounds like baldur isnt more based at all then if he died to a kid LOL

>"Bjorn or whatever, go check out this Kratos guy, see what he's about"
>Proceeds to sperg the ultimate autism with the easiest task in the treebarkverse
>starts beating a guy who took out a whole pantheon of gods
>kidnaps his kids
>literally sends hi nephews to die
>all
>for
>nothing
>gets killed in his mommy's hands
He was a total retard.

For that matter, the person who killed Baldur according to the Norse mythology was actually Loki, so what it makes out of Kratos?

Ya' got me there.

That'd be neat, but yeah, I agree that that's probably not the main angle they were going for.

Centaurs my nigga

You can't have Ragnarok without Baldur dying his death was inevitable. He's nothing compared to all the shit you hear about Thor in the game.

They're gonna mount Atreus on a horse and have him go "I think he likes me!" as a funny joke that they will think is harmless but will also lead to ridiculous amount of degenerate fanart that I will beat my dick to until it's raw.

>the people who made this game aren't smart enough to capitalize on that fact

Nah, it gets mentioned almost immediately after you kill him

In the myths it wasn't Loki who killed Baldr, he tricked Hod to shot a mistletoe arrow on Baldur. Baldr in the game lost his invulnerability when he punched Atreus were the Mistletoe shard was before being killed by Kratos, so Kratos took Hod's role on Baldr death.

Kratos saw the vision of Baldur in Hell. We've all seen it.
He was crying, he howled, he cried, all this while muttering that he was a worthless coward.
All this after he tried to strangle his mother, and could not. Apparently he really loved her and began to feel.
We all saw the vision. He could not strangle her, but it did not matter to Kratos.
And that's how the Ragnarok started. On the ignorance of the half-god who seeks salvation, but is busy destroying it

He died to Kratos and a kid. Not just a kid LOL
>seething
yeah, I am seething because I hate you

How many pantheons are we going to get to in the franchise before they pull the "kratos is one of the three kings" ending they've been hinting at?

I don't see why they can't ignore that part of mythology. They ignore the fact that spartans and most of the gods were homosexuals.

So you've never once read actual tragedy tales I take it? Kratos killing Baldur is sharp writing because he already lived his tragic arc so we expect at best for Atreus to do it. Instead Kratos tries to break the cycle that he saw devastate the world through his actions only to put himself right back on the same path. Now Ragnarok is coming because of Kratos, the same way the flood and locusts and such did before.

It's fate and it is fucking brilliant if you aren't too stupid to see past screaming men and crying women. It's everything that Kratos fought against right back in his face and just like before he can't stop it. Learn tragedy you mong. It's a genius story and you refuse to see it because you're trying to be edgy.

That kid fell from the sky before the fight and got up without a scratch

It’s pretty fucking obvious they’re setting up Ragnarok by killing Baldr. That’s like Norse Mythology 101.

The Spartans being homosexuals was mostly Athenian wartime propaganda, and vice versa. The games already touched on the fact that they were a touch rapey.

He was after the mother, not not Kratos. He tries to pull a "mafia is coming to take your son for leverage until I get my money from X", but he meets this nobody old dude with a red tattoo and chalky skin who refuses to tell where X is. He was just your typical God on a typical killing spree who just happened to run into the one guy who could kill him.

>They ignore the fact that spartans and most of the gods were homosexuals.
>fags can't understand pederasty
go figure

shit game that just steals the names of norse mythology and keeps nothing else the same, do yourself a favor kiddo and open up a book for once

If so, perhaps the boy served as Hod.

That's the whole irony of the situation.
Kratos acts out of (what he considers) good intent for once in his life, but ends up kickstarting Ragnarok. There's a reason it starts snowing, it's Fimbulwinter.

>sexual romantic relationships with little boys
>not homosexuality
>not worse than with a consenting adult
kek

He was under the impression Kratos actually knew what the hell he wanted, as far as Kratos knew his wife was just a mortal and not worth a god coming after her

The boy is Loki. Like actually, it's the name his mother gave him.

How do you know they all have perfect families? Some of them might have NEET sons that they're disappointed with because they sit on Yea Forums all day

Just because they practiced pederasty does not mean they are fags, Ancient Greeks have a different understanding of gay and would laugh at what you consider a fag.

I hope that at some point they do some meta shit where Kratos goes full spartan mad again and the gameplay goes back to being hack’n’slash for a while

>relationships with the same sex
>not a fag

Does the distinction matter? Sodomy is sodomy no matter what way you cut it.

read
No wheel was broken. The only tragedy is the torture of Baldur, who became a pawn by his father and mother

Hercules loved male booty hole. He was a slut.

That was the entire point of the second half of the game when you unearth the blades.

Do you think Freya has it in her to actually hurt Atreus? I think in her rage at Kratos she'll understand him, she'll relent and spare Boy. He's not a bad kid and killing him to hurt Kratos isn't equivalent or in what her character seems to be. I think she'll be an antagonist, but not killing Atreus will be a big moment I think.

The blades already exist but it would be neat if the camera turns back into a diorama for one sequence.

>Forcing you to intervene in family matters that are not yours

Nigga Atreus and his Mom are Giants. By default they were marked for death by Odin's family. The story may have highlighted Kratos killing Baldr to save Freya's life but the truth is Baldr would have needed to be killed regardless because Altreus is still half Giant.

Why is this even a thread in the first place? The "cycle ends here" spiel is nothing but colorful prose as Baldr had to die.

>genius story
>deeply unlikable protagonist that for the longest time existed only to do the most monstrous, edgy things and who murdered his own family in cold blood gets to sit down with A SECOND ONE and act like grumpy but well-meaning old pa and you're somehow supposed to feel any level of empahty for him at all
>genius story
I'll praise these people for writing a genius story when Kratos murders his son and then hangs himself.

That's how I looked at it. During her rant she was looking straight at Kratos and never broke eye contact even as she was walking away with her son's body. In fact I'm very certain when Atreus becomes an orphan she will try to take him in and groom him into someone who would think Kratos a fool and have him grow up to destroy Asgard.

If so, I am satisfied. i hope Kratos fate follows Freya's.

Kratos was right in ending the Greek gods, they were fucking deviants. But why he gotta kill the actual based Norse gods?

Baldur shouldve fucked off the moment the mistletoe took away the enchantment. He hates his family, has no real beef with Kratos and Atreus. What a fucking dumbass. Also theres time gods. If Baldur wanted he couldve asked them to transport him to the day he got enchanted so he could relive all those lost years.

i like this post

Nigger read a book.
Sure, but calling them a fag is fucking stupid and you completely miss the point if you do.

The game takes some pain to point out that the Norse gods were up to the same degenerate, manipulative shit, except for Tyr, who tried to be good and got fucking murdered for it.

Because Odin hates Giants and Kratos fucked one.

Loki fucked and got pregnant with too many animals to count, Odin took one of those sons as a riding horse, and thor literally went crossdressing once.

Who's Kratos going to get killed by? Thor? Odin? Tyr? Loki?

Atreus is being set up as the main protagonist for the future it's very possible that Kratos will die in part 2 with Atreus taking over in part 3 as an adult and finishing off the pantheon.

Why wasn't nuGoW criticized for not having black people.

Attached: 1545993030006.jpg (630x630, 80K)

Baldur went mad when he could feel again. It's clear in the fight after that he becomes mortal as he's cackling about feeling fire consume him and how the pain is amazing. Even in his last moments, he's wistfully amazed he can feel the snow on his face when he fell to the ground face first.

From a child who helps to save a wounded animal, to a child who kills a defenseless character. His instability makes Baldur look like the next guy

Lokitricking Atreus to do it

Did you finish the game?

they had 5 different skins of trolls

He'll die naturally.

lmao, no

They've been hinting for years where the game will go. Kratos, Loki, and an Egyptian god will become the three kings.

Kratos has kinda completed his arc, hasn't he? I wonder if part way through 5 he'll die. It'll change the tone of the games from revenge and trying to connect with your son to trying to live up to Dad's legacy. I can see Freya not regretting killing Kratos, but being heartsick over taking him from Atreus.

>When you're so good at trickery you trick yourself

Odin is never going to hurt anybody himself.
They're going to make him a stark contrast to Zeus, Zeus was strong and boisterous and powerful and warrior-like, he was a direct physical threat, Odin is going to be cunning and dangerous and just as big a threat, but he's not going to be a fighter, he'll sit on his throne as a decrepit old man weaving plots and planning bloody murder but he's not going to get up and have a boss fight with you, that way you make Kratos and Atreus waxing lyrical about whether killing a "harmless old man" is justified or not

I never saw that criticism anywhere. The criticism I saw was it's a Snoy movie game.

I liked Mimir. I hope he sticks around.

thats not nice
sounds like the kid is more based than baldur then lmao

There's a mural at the end of the game with Atreus holding a dead Kratos he will die for sure

>trust nobody, not even yourself-self

Wait, fuck, who will be the greek wise man then?

It'd be quite the surprise if Kratos doesn't die in 5 since the paintings of prophecy they saw showed everything that happened in 4 and then immediately followed with a painting of Kratos dying in Atreus' arms, implying nothing of note happens between Baldr's death and Kratos'. It might even be the intro of 5 with Kratos losing the fight with Thor.

Missing hand. Could be Tyr.
Kratos could've been Tyr the entire time due to timetravel fuckery. We already know the World Serpent was sent back in time

Why is Kratos dying supposed to be a big deal considering the number of times he's dragged himself out of the Underworld again?
It bothers me a little bit though, the Norse gods kinda feel like they're way more powerful and have way more reach than the greek ones, and I don't think I like that.

If Kratos dies, where does he go?

I really hope that's how he gets into Valhalla. Get killed in combat by Thor "on purpose", gets carried to Valhalla, fucks shit up without Thor there.

They have Tyr chained up in Asgard you can see chains on him in one of the murals

>it might even be the intro of 5 with Kratos losing the fight with Thor
Honestly think they could do this, would give more time for Atreus to develop his character instead giving him the spotlight towards the end of the game

>chains
If only Kratos also had some sort of imagery with chains...

Also why they have him chained up instead of killing him

I think it'll be he sacrificed himself to save Atreus, while wounding Thor. Gives him a heroic out, let's us do the tutorial area (and potentially NG+ as Kratos) and explains why Atreus doesn't eat it as well.

t. Telvanni

Thor has been built up as a total badass with a weapon of mass destruction so Kratos will definitely get his ass kicked so bad he'll revert to square one again

Absolutely based.

I'm not so sure "badass" is the right phrase. He's a massively powerful perpetually drunk retard

kinda happened when kratos got swarmed by undead when he got his blades

it had dark elves

I imagine Odin tortures him trying to get the key to Jotunheim like he did with Mimir, Odin only kills people who have no more use. Tyr has the same eyes as Mimir.

It's not so much norse gods are more powerful, just Kratos being past his prime.

Nothing scarier than a drunk pissed off lumberjack who earlier showed of in front of you that he can fling entire trees while you have trouble lifting cut lumber.

He's past his prime and the underworld of this new world works differently from the dumping ground that is the Greek underworld.

The kid is a half demi god and half giant.

>>God of War ends with "if you kill him, you're better than him"
More like the game was written in a way where they expect you to think Kratos did nothing wrong
Despite the fact Baldur was cursed by his mother and she gave him an opportunity to do his revenge, before Kratos assumed he was the moral authoraty of the plot and pisses off Freya for killing Baldur

It could be that a God dying outside their own pantheon would put them in limbo where because they were not assigned a spot in any version of hell.

But more than likely Kratos will die and the Valkyrie you saved will pull you out of hell to Valhalla.

Good question. How come it wasn't called misogynist?

It was called that. "wah wah no women and the only women is EVIL" something like that.

Kratos doesn't kill any women in the game. In fact he counts on one to save his boy.

I want at least either a japanese one or egyptian one after this norse. But I highly doubt that they would.

This game is blasphemy and should be banned, imagine if they made bible into such low-brow gay entertainment, there would be an outrage

Daily reminder Atreus is the world serpent's father, which means he literally fucked a snake

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

Kratos have Baldur the opportunity to grow up and walk away. He knows from experience revenge doesn't help. Kratos killed Ares but his family was still dead. Kratos killed Zeus, but nothing changed. Baldur killing Freya would have left him even more unstable, which means killing Baldur anyways. At least Freya lives thanks to Kratos.

No one cares about offending Christians. Now imagine a game about the Quran. Complete with autistic pig fucking scenes

kotaku.com/it-sucks-to-be-a-mom-in-god-of-war-1826309777

That's not how it happened in the myth, but go off king.

I meant by real people, not game journalists.

read

It really surprises me that people think this game had a good story, it was boring melodrama between unlikeable characters with about 10 minutes of likeable interaction between dad and BOY stretched over 20 hours
Way to take the entirety of Norse mythology and make a boring-ass Last of Us clone, the only good part of the game was the first fight with Baldr

Attached: 1518495914631.png (372x334, 134K)

This game shows what happens when single mothers raise sons vs single fathers raising sons. Also seems to imply that being raised by a mother and father is best for the child.

desu i agree
all an all it should been 6 hours game tops.
they recycled almost every boss fight. shit you even fight baldr 3 times
dont mention the trolls, ancient, ogres and valkyries

muslims are pussies, Stram Kurs burns Qurans everyday and they won't don't do shit, at least some Christians have some intelligence and power in the government.