It's just nostalgia. And that's okay

It's just nostalgia. And that's okay.

Attached: world-of-warcraft-classic.png (1316x655, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eD5Y1uyJrA0&start=25
twitter.com/ChristieGolden/status/1134964270335062017
classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warrior/AjDAATAF_xTw00A
classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warrior/AjDBATAF48U8xNA
wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Anger_Management_(old)?oldid=322238
youtube.com/watch?v=eD5Y1uyJrA0&t=1500s
youtube.com/watch?v=eD5Y1uyJrA0&t=1530s
youtu.be/FjB1D1AEJbg
wowhead.com/item=1168/skullflame-shield
youtube.com/watch?v=klm2Q7xu_d4
youtube.com/watch?v=dlClq8vj5vA
classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warrior/A8_MzAUzAzxzQAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mostly it just saddens me. Straight up pains my heart to think of how successful it will be. All those miserable people who's lives are so empty they want nothing more than to pay Blizzard a monthly subscription just to pretend like they're back in high school for awhile.

I don't see what's so wrong with it. They had fun playing a game and now they want to play it again. Not that hard to understand desu

If you're getting negative emotions on other people's behalf, over a video game, you might be retarded

No it isn't. It's actually a good game and the only MMO worth a damn now.

it pains my heart to read this level of projection and delusion

Here bud, have a glass of this.

Attached: peak 5050.jpg (300x300, 36K)

There's nothing wrong with that. I just want to play for a few months, get max level, get some armor and then come back when they re-release the Burning Crusade.

Attached: BDA71929-783E-448F-B4D2-EEE4997DC52A.jpg (1024x768, 247K)

>not enjoying the game now even more because your life is sorted and all the worries about the future are settled
sucks to be you working at Arby's, I guess.

Attached: wow.jpg (2560x1440, 1.14M)

today i will remind them
same image applies to sodapoppin

Attached: aq3jtoua3vz21.png (960x523, 321K)

>implying it matters to me in the slightest what streamers do and don't do
I have never once watched this guy, but I fucking love him for the sheer amount of asspain he causes here and when I went to go look at the Classic forums.

Attached: wolves.jpg (930x960, 69K)

Your future is never secure.

>tfw rolling a 51/0/0 moonkin and not giving a fuck

I'm so fucking retarded....

Attached: 1451077860748.png (343x543, 3K)

home.

At least I'm in a position where I can enjoy Classic instead of posting on a Mongolian basket weaving forum projecting my insecurities and failures onto other people.

Eat a bullet

Mankind's future isn't secure

ASMONGLOID AND HIS ROTTING TEETH. THE THING TREATS HIS LIVING SPACE LIKE A BIG TRASHCAN AND WIPES HIS GUM ROT BLOOD ON HIS OWN WALL. GROSS.

>and he's still rich as fuck with a girlfriend
kek, I think I know why he enrages Yea Forums so much. It's like when you see a lotto winner who is some single black lady with 15 kids who is on meth.

youtube.com/watch?v=eD5Y1uyJrA0&start=25

How do you mark targets like this guy? Or is someone else in the party doing it? What addon is that?

Attached: PepeConan.jpg (700x762, 151K)

Yes, it's ok. Don't pretend it's going to save WoW though.

Exactly, it's just like Halo MCC

I hate streamers. Sodas a closeted fag too. I fucked him the other day and he payed me with his stream shekels. I'm a guy

So what will become of retail once classic launches? There will basically be no point in playing retail anymore.

you keybind them. I don't even know if they're still in the game since I've only played like a week each of the last 4 expansions.

Super important for smooth runs. Usually moon was sheep, diamond was trap, and condom was seduce on my server

Its better game design and nostalgia.

that's why you see the autistic screaming everywhere. Retailfags are in full panic mode. They're literally the only ones who want to see Classic fail. Everyone else is going to play it or doesn't give two shits about WoW.

>condom
kek

Zoom zoom. It's been called that since marking was available... kys

We called it circle, or orange.

I am trying to convince my bros to go Alliance. I really dislike being on the massively overpopulated faction. It was not fun the last two times it happened to me.

I'd much rather be outnumbered and have fast BG queues

Attached: alliance.jpg (2560x1440, 875K)

OMARID?

How can it be nostalgia when Classic WoW even is not Vanilla WoW?

It’s actually just a pretty good game desu. And it’s one that a lot of people haven’t played in over a decade. Why is playing other old games you love okay, but playing vanilla again is delusional?

> circle, or orange.
Christ, had no idea what you were talking about until this. You're talking about nipple?

>OMARII

Attached: 1491160831740.png (473x454, 15K)

Skull = primary target, Cross = secondary target, Moon = Sheep, Star = sap, Square = trap, Circle = seduce, Triangle = banish

A man of taste, this is how we have always did it too.

This is 100% correct

>private servers have seen enormous numbers since 2015
>classic has been topping twitch lately
>24/7 wow threads on Yea Forums since classic was announced and will probably continue for months after release
>arrghhh nooo its just nostalgia stop liking what i dont like
people still fall for this shit? vanilla was a good game in 2005, it was good in 2015 and it will be good in 2019. stay seething ff14 trannies.

Pretty much what I recall us using in raids.
You get all sorts of weird interpretations in 5mans though.

Our guild called it nipple as an in joke. Because our MT, a Dorf Warrior, played by an irish guy showed up to a raid drunk a and ended up having a laughing fit because he suddenly decided that the circle Mark looked like a nipple. We kept calling it nipple until Wotlk.

Skull, Cross, Moon and Square are all set even in 5-mans. Star is generally whatever leftover there is. Shackle/seduce/sap/fucking pet tank/whatever

i got to 60 on nost
i dont know why anyone would pay $15 a month to grind DM,UBRS,strath,scholomance and BRD for literally 100 more hours after lvl 60 while attempting to gather mats to fund your crafting profession related preraid BIS

sorry guys that was fucking cancer and doing it on a sharding server defeats the fucking purpose

I levelled a few characters to 60 on private servers.

It's such a calming experience.

Do you have screenshots of your ancient Vanilla characters Yea Forums ?
My main Huntard

Attached: wow_37.jpg (480x480, 118K)

My alt Lock. People always asked me why i made such an ugly Gnome. I loved her. She looked like an ugly little witch to me.

Attached: wow_10.jpg (480x480, 92K)

No, my mage main is sitting in Borean Tundra naked on a boat, I think

No it isn't, and I won't go into the portal a second time.

I don't think I have any vanilla screenshots sadly. This is the closest I have of my battleground hero from BC.

Attached: widescreen.jpg (1665x699, 755K)

> Troll Hunter
Based

had a guy in SM mark the primary target as moon a few days ago. triggered the fuck out of me as a mage.

what the fuck

Attached: 1543714877703.jpg (343x543, 22K)

dwarf or nelf hunter

>rapes your WoW lore
twitter.com/ChristieGolden/status/1134964270335062017

>Why yes, I am planning to gank streamers and their fans. How could you tell?

Attached: gigachad wow coming home 2.jpg (1242x1394, 314K)

dwarf for minmaxing, nelf for rping as legolas.

but user, you're not talking about GW1

Only virgins care about other people.
The chad rolls on a server without cancer and makes good friends along the way, without even trying.
You’re never gonna make it, bro.

The problem is it's going to end like like oldschool runescape (not classic, the new 2007 version). Everybody already knows exactly what to do, there are guides out there that will tell you what to do step by step to the minute to be the most efficient you can be. The end game for competent players will eventually just be rwting, forcing blizzard to create new updates that will ruin the game.

The best build.

Attached: 1540883839373.png (219x432, 191K)

>and makes good friends along the way, without even trying
You'd be surprised how many friends you will make while griefing streamers...

Attached: he cute frog listening to music and dancing.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

See ya in 3 months bucko, so you can be sad and blog about it more.

Orc. But dwarf if you have to be alliance.

This is terrible, but the fact that you haven't taken out one point of thorns for moonkin is heinous.

>not drizzt
This is probably the closest any two races are in the game, followed by maybe orc/UD rogue or lock, but even then it’s mostly orc.
Night elves get like 9? More agility, which is not insignificant.
Stoneskin is probably better in duels, but there’s also a consumable you can get.
Shadowmeld has a lot of synergy with hunter abilities, and a lot of fun potential.
The only ally character I ever made was an elf Druid, so I can’t speak as an authority, but I’d go elf. Look better with gear, lot of creativity possible, better base stats, vs a self cleanse.

The tree would look ugly if I did that.

Attached: 1559483296042.png (517x550, 432K)

Moonkin form is a bad talent. Noob.

good troll cosplay

This. You go Balance/Resto so you can be the most annoying motherfucker on the battlefield.
> Moonfire
> Insect swarm
> Travel form
> Run away like a bitch
> Repeat until you win
> Insane self healing
Fucking hate Druids.

Since whole class is useless anyway, it actually doesnt matter what will you spec into

Whatever, virgin

>cant decide whether to do this or a ele/resto shaman
I wanna bring the tears in pvp and still get an easy raid spot and gearing, so clothies are out. Played spriest the first time around, so that’s out too.

PvE: nelf. Higher base agi. Gun spec is useless because bis ranged weapon in all phases is a crossbow, except for that small period of time when it's rhok. Stoneform can help in a couple encounters though. That said, you shouldn't mixmax racials for pve.
PvP. toss up. Stoneform's uses are fairly obvious. You can break out of blind, remove crippling and other poisons, bleeds and devouring plague. Poison removal (other than blind) isn't that important since if you're tryharding anyway, you might as well keep several stacks of Elixirs of Poison Resistance with you. They're cheap to craft, cure 4 poisons from you and have a cooldown of 3 seconds. Removing blind isn't as big a deal for hunter as it is for some other classes because of your pet.
Shadowmeld has some uses that may not be immediately obvious. You can obviously use it for ambushing people. The element of surprise can be very strong. You can often escape ganks and hide in general with it as well. It can also be used in pvp for resetting. Trapping someone, then running away and eating/drinking while shadowmelded in duels for example can be very useful. On a dwarf you'd get interrupted the moment the other person gets in range, but as night elf they have to get close enough to see you in stealth. You can use it to make an enemy drop their target, which can have fringe uses. You can find more uses if you're creative.

That's fine, but I'm not giving current Activision/Blizzard anything now. The game I liked was from years ago, from a company that hasn't been the same in over ten. So why should I reward them for doing a "How do you do, fellow Classic fans?"

Skull: First kill target
Cross: Second kill target
Moon: Sheep
Green triangle: Hibernate
Blue square: Off-tank target
Star: Leader, group up on this guy

Nice attempt

square: huntard trap
circle: sap
purple: fear/banish

>2011+8

>namefagging

>being this wrong

What are you doing

Attached: cf94i1bm4yy21.jpg (615x614, 66K)

What are some essential add-ons anons?

Attached: 1559401876836.png (838x1035, 398K)

calm down it's just the definitive list for raid marks, it's not my name or anything. Also you may not like it but it is definitive.

atlas loot is super nice just so you can look through loot tables to see what you want to work towards on your character without needing to tab to a wiki or database 24/7.

>not knowing exactly what each boss drops
Pleb. Im not even a private server babby, but I still remember all 5man loot tables.

>brainlet
using symbols
>chad 200 IQ
"sheep the one on the right"

Name every single rare and epic item that drops from Rend Blackhand in UBRS

Will be ruined by streamers like autismgold and their zoomer fanbase.
Your best bet is still a private server. Besides, Vanilla sucks. WOTLK was the peak of WoW.

Attached: WoWScrnShot_052919_205504.jpg (1024x768, 139K)

How was he? Like a cold fish?

>name this thing you can easily google

Battleborn bracers
Shoulders of Valor
cloth boots healer
cloth boots dmg
polearm
dal rends
leather belt healer
felstriker
eye of rend
caster ring

Why is ranking as a druid so fucking hard? I can't keep aggro on anything with that shitty long cd taunt

Attached: 1559078889582.png (424x349, 138K)

Yeah i know it was stupid and besides UBRS isn't even a 5-man i heard it's a raid (i didn't play it, i'm a wrathbaby)

Security is relative. I have a 401k and house with no mortgage and a decent job. Compared to someone wage slaving at an arby's or walmart, i'm secure.

classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warrior/AjDAATAF_xTw00A

Is this a good talent build for tanking dungeons? I want to level up with sword+board because of aesthetics and RP

Attached: 1559589241505.png (761x507, 664K)

Well there we go, your autism skill has increased to 250

>remember all 5man loot tables
i didn't play original vanilla so i'd need to pull some quantum shenanigans to be able to do that. i do remember a decent amount from scarlet monastery and wailing caverns though.

alliance outnumber horde

Looks like you're too focused on mitigation, not enough tps. And leveling as sword + board will be hell without a Healer + DPS with you.

just dont roll on his server?

To be fair. I couldnt tell you the loot table of any dungeon apart from:
>Scholo
>LBRS
>Strat
>UBRS
>DM

>decide to reactivate my account to se what nuwow is like
>haven't played in 10 years
>log in with my undead rogue
>my awesome epic daggers do like 15 damage now
>no talent trees
>what
>decide to make a new character to have a fresh experience
>choose a high pop server because this is a fucking MMO
>realise it doesn't matter because the game shows people from other servers anyway (?) and everyone just plays like it's single player
>that's ok, I don't like people anyway
>start killing shit
>realise that gaining a level doesn't make it easier to kill things
>mobs are actually levelling with me
>this was dumb back when Final Fantasy VIII did it and is dumb now
>maybe if I get a new weapon it will get better
>get a new dagger from a quest
>it increases my dps by a whopping 0.2 damage per second
>mfw these new developers have never played a rpg in their lives
Well, I guess this will have to do until classic arrives.

Attached: 1486992737012.jpg (1024x800, 37K)

>1h+shield
How could anyone not go for Enrage, i love Enrage it's the best warrior talent. Esp. while levelling when you get crit by little mobs all the time.

Legion was the best WoW has ever been

Debate me

Just do sword and board in dps spec.

My HDD I used to store my backups on died but I had a picture of my priest ordered from a photo store (was printing 99 pictures and they only sold them in sets of 100) that still lives on framed somewhere in my house.

Also, your talents don't matter for tanking below max level. You can just take a leveling build, equip a shield, and be good enough for dungeons.

Too focused on mitigation for 5 mans. 100% pick up anger management. Remove points from anticipation or imp shield wall for imp taunt. Especially in 5 mans people are going to pull aggro all the time, and you will appreciate the shorter taunt CD.

classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warrior/AjDBATAF48U8xNA

>ability pruning
>RNG legendaries
>artifact power grinding
disregarded. what else you got?

I dont debate with retards, its seen as cruel.

lost them over the years
I was a gnome mage in full netherwind though, was the first mage on the server to get 8/8
>inb4 gnome
stay mad while I trinket AP PoM Pyro you to death in one hit, kid

>has blood elves, worgens, and pandaren
>best

Classic is actually a good MMO, people who saw it's just nostalgia are scared their progress on retail WoW will go away when Classic kills it

agreed, legion was excellent, most fun i've had on my class

your not wrong, but like any state/expansion of wow it has it's list of problems.
some of which are just there from older expansions, but the legendary issue was literally blizzard refusing to fix a problem they knew existed because they we're lazy cunts

You're all gonna get dabbed on by Shadowbringers and it's going to be hilarious

Attached: ffxivdab.jpg (1200x675, 138K)

Its only logical that classic is the end of the line for WoW. Why would Blizzard bring out new expansions, if they have the same amount of subribers from a game that will never change.

>FF
LOL

Star can also be Shackle

Because Druid is a shit class

Thanks, anons. What talents would be better for TPS? Is Tactical Mastery a good pick, or do people generally just deal with the rage loss when changing stances?

I want to use a shield outside of dungeons too. Shields are cool. Arms and Fury seem kind of focused for 2h and dual wielding respectively.

>b-but it's just nostalgia
How can people say this when people have been enjoying private servers for years? Vanilla private servers being popular was the reason blizz did it anyway.

oh wow an mmo where you play by yourself i can't wait!!!!

That's not true, when you die your future is completely secure.

Test

The selling point of classic over other mmos at the time was that you could level solo and not have to group for everything. Outed yourself as a zoomer pretty quick there lil fella

classic is a game that struck the perfect balance between old and new though and thats why its the best mmo ever made

Implying its only assmongoloid that ruins the game. We've got people like tipsnigger and esfandpajeet with just the same shitty zoomer fanbases running along them. Streamers are the death of a good game.

Just level as Fury/Arms for anger management and use a shield if you really want to so much. But there is no reason to put yourself trough leveling as prot. I did this in Vanilla. When i reacties lv 32 i wanted to kill myself, and respecced to Fury. It's not worth it user. Don't do it.

What class should I play for the best class quests? I hear good things about warlock.

Attached: Guldantumba_by_hipnosworld.jpg (1920x1080, 969K)

What the fuck are you on about my man, it casualized the entire genre and ruined mmos forever

Agreed. Grouping just made everything more pleasant. It was chill to group up with some druid, and do a bunch of quests together. We might as well help each other.

Yes, you go for TM. It means you preserve your rage if you charge and switch to def stance, it allows you to go to battle stance and thunder clap if necessary, and it means you don't lose all your rage when you switch to zerk stance for berserker rage. It also allows you to get anger management. The tooltip of anger management is extremely misleading. It actually gives you 1 rage every 3 seconds, even in combat.
The build I linked works as the base. The extra 2 points can be put in imp heroic strike if you want more threat (one point from anticipation can also be removed for another point in imp hs), or they can be put in anticipation/imp shield wall. Personal preference really.

That said, there is no point in leveling as prot. You can respec prot at 60 if you want.

>want to play orc warlock for #aesthetic
>but Alliance had the better questing experience in vanilla
What do?

So what? It's WoW's fault other people ripped it off? They didn't make people do that. They took all the things that MMOs did right and cut out all the shit that didn't. It's the only MMO ever made that isn't a piece of shit.

>Doesn't have any of the bugs or exploits that the original 1.0 had which made it fun
It's worthless.
If I can't solo groups of 5 with a mage then it's trash.
If I can't spell steal the bone armour then it's trash.
If turtles can't make it to the water then it's trash.

>spell steal

It's piss easy to level a Warlock either way

It's casual garbage for garbage casuals, literal 8 year olds played it and got to max level. If you played mmos pre wow era you would be upset about how mindless they have become too. Can't blame you for not being born back then but just know that you have no point of reference when it comes to quality

>The tooltip of anger management is extremely misleading. It actually gives you 1 rage every 3 seconds, even in combat.
Is this how it's supposed to work or just a private server thing?

wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Anger_Management_(old)?oldid=322238

WoW cut out all of the shit that didn't work from those kinds of MMOs and kept the stuff that did. You can be as mad as you want that nobody gives a fuck about Everquest anymore but it's for a good reason.

cant wait to roll hunter and fuck up every ally tranny i see

i CANT WAIT to eat yo asses up dawgy

No but I would be able to recreate him because I remember the look.

I'm gonna do it bros

Attached: firefox_2019-06-02_19-40-29.jpg (632x440, 93K)

Those games worked fine for several years until wow came and poisoned the well. You can be as mad as you want that you weren't alive for the golden years of mmo gaming and the only games you have played are casualized as fuck so anyone can play them. Because that's what's important, having a big base of players to increase revenue. Being a good game comes second since you can't challenge people in a skinner box or they stop pressing the button

If those games worked where is Everquest now? Nobody gives a shit. WoW took the absurd levels of autistic shit (6 month levelling, yeah sounds awesome) and took it to something more sensible and manageable (1 month). Casualization isn't inherently a bad thing and what WoW did was necessary and tasteful. WoW struck the perfect balance and 15 years later people still care. Can you say the same for any of your EPIC HARDCORE MMOS DUDE?

power gains are extremely limited all the way up to the last expansion where they balloon out of control and your power doubles every level. god bless exponential power gains

>Casualization isn't inherently a bad thing
This is why we can't have nice things

>If those games worked where is Everquest now?
You should know that this is a mega-brainlet argument, good things are underappreciated and die out all the time and awful shit gets super popular all the time.

Old MMOs suffered from bad design that falls apart when people start playing the game optimally. Either through luck or careful planning WoW managed to fix these issues in a way that makes it still play out well today.

Reboot something like UO now and people won't play it like an MMORPG, they'll play it like a battle royale game. I never played Everquest, but I think it had lots of abusable shit too like actual ninja looting and other griefing potential. That kind of thing doesn't work anymore because EVERYONE will do it, so your game devolves into griefers griefing griefers, and the only people left playing will be the same small minority of le epic hardcore griffmen who are currently contained in games like Rust.

Stop replying to jaded boomers

Friendly warning:
>56 rend runs
>Main hand dropped twice
>lost both rolls
>said fuck it and made myself a heartseeker and went combat dagger

>good things are underappreciated and die out all the time and awful shit gets super popular all the time.

You mean like vanilla wow?

Yeah, it's not. There's a level where it's necessary and a level where its unnecessary. You are completely retarded if you cannot distinguish between them.
Everquest is dogshit = nobody really cares. WoW's design stood the test of time. Everquests' didn't. I bet faggots like you wouldn't even play it now despite praising how epic it is.

>still no beta invite

Attached: home.jpg (983x1295, 258K)

Legion was the worst xpack which ultimately killed game with it "features"

Debate me

>Old MMOs suffered from bad design that falls apart when people start playing the game optimally
If you listen to the private server people you would know that's true for vanilla as well. The class stacking going on there is insane because they know exactly what to pick and what not to pick. Everyone else hangs out and griefs people in STV because they don't get invited to raid

Buy more store mounts

You have mental issues if you stuck with it past wrath. God, that was so fucking bad.

Like the other user wrote, getting 'Rends on a fresh was nightmarish. Never got to it actually and stopped playing altogether as I couldn't get other prebis.

you would think that watching blizzard rape and casualize the fuck out of your favorite game would make you more sympathetic towards your elders but I guess once a blizzdrone, always a blizzdrone
casualization is a slippery slope, there's no "tasteful" or "necessary" casualization because it's always going to lead to more casualization down the line

Same here brother.
>Rank 12 druid
>played closed beta EU back in the day
>no invite

>Yeah, it's not. There's a level where it's necessary and a level where its unnecessary. You are completely retarded if you cannot distinguish between them.
If you want to make the maximum amount of money then yes it is an amazing idea to open up your game to retarded casuals. Or you can say fuck them and make a game for a specific audience like From Software does. Sadly wow has poisoned the well and now people expect mmos to be super casual to the point where you can watch netflix and jack off while doing your rotations so games that try to be a bit more hardcore like Wildstar flop because people find them too hard.

You only see bad class stacking in cutting-edge tryhard raiding in vanilla. That is not an issue, because vanilla raids are perfectly clearable with "suboptimal" raid compositions too, and doing so does not put you at a meaningful handicap compared to other players.

PvP (either direct or indirect) is such a big focus in old MMOs like UO and EQ that you MUST play optimally in order to have a chance at the game. That is not really the case in Classic WoW.

I don't think Wildstar flopped because it was hard.

Game industry is nothing but remakes at this point

Attached: 1559092376642.jpg (1280x749, 161K)

who made this art?

Well yeah the game was kinda shit but you get what I mean

Class stacking for what? Speed clears? Thats literal autism.

Normal raids however can be cleared with 20 man if you dont take joke classes. Mb Naxx requieres 30 with shit healers.

To be fair, in Vanilla you don't have to join these min-maxing guilds because the content is braindead easy. The only one's who are optimizing their raids to the point of class stacking are those who are bored enough to autistically speedrun said brain dead content. Maybe it's like this on private servers nowadays, but that's probably because they're dead to the point that there is only one guild on either faction actually clearing the raids weekly, and they're the only ones who still find enjoyment in doing so simply because they're attempting to push the time down every week. Of course said guilds will be there in Classic too, but you will have a lot more options this time.

>tfw blizzdrones delusional about sharding not being live

Attached: 1553876834810.jpg (407x406, 18K)

Amen

>ftw blizzdrones dellusional about classic not being vanilla

I don't know if I agree. We've had a ridiculous drought, and the like, one example coincidentally being just plain bad does kind of sour the empirical approach.

So since the raids are so easy, do you guys expect that the meta will be to bring only ~25 people to raid so you don't have to share as much loot? There's only so many pieces to go around after all. It reeks of poor design that you can clear a raid with half the people the raid allows you to bring

You play with the cards you get dealt. It's not like you're gonna get pre-raid bis anyway, considering people will be clearing Molten Core during the first weeks. Who knows, maybe you get a weapon from MC or Ony.

Even the people who said they thought it would be shit are loving it. Looks like alot of fun to me, and i never played back then.

You jest, but it's common practice on pservers to run farm content with half-filled raids to ensure quicker gearing.

Eh, maybe for MC, but in BWL and beyond the encounters get sufficiently difficult that you can't really clear them with only 25 players unless you overgear them. And if you overgear them you won't care about the loot.

At this point, Classic cannot deliver on the hype that is being generated. Just see how many people churn out video after video on Youtube about Classic.

This is pretty much only a thing in MC/BWL when AQ40 content and later is released. You won't see that as much before then, and you're very unlikely to see anyone go for half-raid clears of AQ40 and it's literally impossible in Naxx.

FFXIV had some pretty advanced rotations in Heavensward but they got dumbed down in Stormblood and even more now in Shadowbringers. The reason stated was to lower the gap between less skilled players and the 1%. A lot of people loved the old class design but it had to be ripped out because casuals complained. Casualization ruined that game too, probably because people jumped ship from wow, found xiv and then realized they couldn't figure out how to play it. There's probably more examples of other mmos out there but I haven't been following the genre too closely the last few years

Yes and splitraiding to funnel gear into mains. At least amongst hardcore and hardcore-wannabe guilds.

You have to understand that in 1.12 gear have much better stats (pre 1.5 or some shit t1 was legit worse than blue dungeon gear), raids are nerfed and classes buffed throught better talents and damage numbers. Ofc it makes game extremely easy.

>started the game in cata
>friends with tips
>get beta
sucks to be u bro

>You have to understand that in 1.12 gear have much better stats
It's not a big difference. The ludicrously well-statted bis pieces for each tier are all pretty much unchanged. Some even nerfed(choker/linken's being gamebreaking). You just get to use a few more pieces of your tier set, pretty much. Overall power level isn't that different.

Did they really ?
I played Dragoon in HW and sometimes it could really be difficult to keep sending Geirskogul while keeping up with the mechanics,for optimal dps, but it was a blast.

In Shadowbringers Blood of the Dragon starts at 30 seconds with a 30 second cooldown. It is literally impossible to drop it now since Geirskogul doesn't lower the timer any more

So I'm thinking of leveling lock but I'm hearing imp drain soul kinda blows on beta and that voidwalker isn't really a good choice early on since the threat generation is also shit compared to private servers. Can anyone confirm?

Oh, I don't disagree MMOs have a problem with casualization. They all want to be the one. I'm all for the fuck 'em approach. I just think using Wildstar to say there's no market for it is being a bit too hasty.
Obviously there's more retards than anything else, but with everyone else 100% committed to chasing those retards already? That's an in if I ever saw one.

Ahh Vanilla Can't wait to see that again,

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (1310x987, 396K)

VW does enough to keep aggro from dots and no more, as always

It did in 2004 and it will again because it's been long enough that a lot of people didn't play it back then

Alliance massively outnumbered Horde in Vanilla because of no Blood Elves.

Classic will likely have better ratios but I will bet anything that Alliance will still be 60-70% of each realm

Attached: 1558779257378.png (984x403, 182K)

Sounds about right. Sitting down and drinking after every mob is part of the "journey" and is an enjoyable part of the experience. Not at all to artificially lengthen playtime and force people to sub another month to keep playing

and even then it was far less tedious than other MMOs at the time, which is what made WoW so popular

If Classic succeeds, we'll get BC and maybe WotLK servers.
But even more importantly, there are rumors of creating new "Classic+" servers which will have new content added to the vanilla base game.

The difference is that people didn't make sad excuses for it unlike this game

TipsOut got dox'd. He's an iranian.

Based Benji though is undoxxable:

youtube.com/watch?v=eD5Y1uyJrA0&t=1500s

Why is this thread so slow? The ffxiv threads get to 500 replies within an hour and this one can't get 200 even with some retard spamming his videos. Bros are you not excited to go home? If this thread is anything to go by classic will be dead before it even comes out...

Something seems off...

shut up, this post is awful

Attached: IMG_20190514_201216.png (1500x1500, 1.61M)

Did a /who on Northdale SwoleBenji is in Uldaman right now.

Can someone who is hype for this explain the appeal? I played Vanilla, I absolute love it, I have played private servers multiple times since it was kill. I will never pay blizzard for them to just remove their 15 years of fuckups. I played the game, it has a dear place in my heart, but it isn't getting anything new, and even if it did it would be piss poor. Why are so many people eager to pay blizzard to be shit on?

a lot of people haven't played on private servers, and even if they did they would like to play a more polished version

Classic is for people who want vanilla wow without the usual private server shit.

Voting with your wallet on products you want. Blizzard will change their stance.

Even if they did, I have absolutely no faith that they could expand on it without ruining it. The people who made it are all gone, and they have demonstrated since at least WoTLK that they are fucking clueless.

Fellas I'm gonna do you a solid and bump the thread. It's not your fault that your game isn't as popular as FFXIV. But at least try to keep morale up by talking about the game until it comes out. It's all you have before it gets canned due to lack of interest some time around february

I've been trying to get people to play with me for over a month now daily on Northdale. ONE guy played till 22 and then ghosted.

I will never play Final Trantasy XIV

MAGE OR WARLOCK?

It is 2.0. The pacing is so fucking bad, especially with all the class rebalances that make you a 3 button spec until HW. I have had many friends try it, the few that get past 2.5 will love the game, but most hate it and never even get to 2.1 content.

You don't have to, you just have to cope with the fact that classic is not going to thrive like the youtubers and twitch streamers think it will

Are you the legendary ecollector?

Whatever helps you sleep at night

What do you mean no talent trees?

Attached: p9899978_v_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 290K)

Dude, just hit up people you squad up with while questing/dungeoneering until you find someone who puts in similar hours. Or make your own guild, or something. OOG arrangements never last.

It’s not about drinking or retarded "journey" bullshit buzzword braindead boomers repeat without thinking what it is (its fucking nothing).

It’s about actually having rpg mechanic in an rpg game represented by mana. Magical energy spell based classes using to kill shit. Mana is finite. Mana requires management, which separates good players from bad players. Mana limits players and makes them feel better when when they acquire a lot mana from gear. Completely revolutionary concept never tried before.

They got rid of the old talent trees around MoP. Now you get to choose between 3 abilities every 15 levels.

>Use wand or some other form of auto attack instead of casting spells
Woah, so much management

based and gankpilled

Is this no longer a fuckkng RPG?

They are stupid fotm chasers and follow hype trends.

>pull more mobs than your mana allows to kill
>die

>DAE hate blizzerd??
wow that's an original opinion there buddy

Its a "game" about colecting mounts and transmogs

It's Diablo 3: MMO edition

Because that game was so well received

The only purpose of talent trees was to give a steady increase of power every level up. There was never any real choice. If you are melee DPS and have to choose between 5% crit and 5% armor, even hipster contrarian snowflakes won't pick the latter.

Has nothing to do with mana. You'll die anyway.

Dead in 3 months screencap this post

OMARU?

Even if it dies a few months from launch, it already made Blizzard tens of millions. Classic costs very little to develop, just a few programmers stripping features and re-introducing old bugs to the BFA client.

>turn diablo into WoW, ruining it
>turn WoW into diablo, ruining it
how the fuck is that even possible, they were both fucking amazing

It's more of an action game now.

kys retard

*3 weeks

Can anyone answer me this:
>If you use an Arcane bomb on a mage, can he still Ice Block?

can anyone explain how streamers are going to ruin servers?
I don't play retail so I have no idea what are you guys talking about

it's gonna be like a post war country full of women and useless men

100%
Gave up after season 10 started, the game just stopped being fun

>can anyone explain how streamers are going to ruin servers?
Not ruin, but they will attract pretty much 90% of all NA players to one server. Its going to be the server where the best and most famous players play on.

This will fuck up the honor system. It will fuck up the economy and it will fuck up the community. Not even gonna get started on what will happen if you corpse camp a streamer and get banned.

Genuinely feel bad for you NA shitters.

Economy was already fucked since you can trade gold on retail for gold on classic. And since blizzard is selling gold now (wow tokens) some people will have pretty much infinite gold as long as the farmers are willing to sell

>This will fuck up the honor system. It will fuck up the economy and it will fuck up the community
how? sorry, i'm a bwainlet

>have a literal army of zoomers healing you, giving you money and gear at all times
Just stay away from streamer servers

Or just join this guy and FUCK UP streamers.

youtube.com/watch?v=eD5Y1uyJrA0&t=1530s

Why do fucking dumbshits keep coming in Shilling for Activision? Nostalgia may play a part, sure, but at this point Classic and BFA are two COMPLETELY different games. Just about everything in different. It is a different game, and some people prefer classic.

Like, this is a cancerous meme, but seriously; fucking COPE.

Not sure where youre getting that info. Blizzard has said nothing about Tokens and buying gold in Classic.

>honor system
Its pretty simple. You gain PVP ranks every week depending on how much honor you farm in comparison to every other player on that server. That means that if every is farming honor, you need to farm more. The higher the rank, theres an extra algorithm that only allows a percentage based number of players to reach certain ranks each week. So only lets say 0.001 of players can become a Warlord every week. So if you got alot of streamers and their clique determining "who gets to become warlord" every week. They can essentially make it impossible for anyone outside that group to ever become rank 12-14.
And even if you only wanna be rank 10, youll still struggle, since so many people will be farming honor like crazy, due to the population being so big due to streamers.

>economy
Fame attracts business and people will farm and sell gold, which will inflate prices like crazy on good/important items, while simultaneously flooding the marked with basic trade goods, due to the population being so big. So youll have to pay huge amounts of gold for arcane crystals, but at the same time more common items like thorium will be dirt cheap. Lastly, good luck farming anything in the world, if theres a billion streamers and their followers fucking everything up by creating constant pvp warzones.

>community
Im running out of space, but its pretty simple. IMO people who unironically watch streamers (outside of e-sports tournaments) are toxic zoomer snowflakes who will bring their toxic mentality to the server in droves. Also, good luck getting your reputation destroyed by a famous streamer, because you tagged a mob he wanted to kill. This will make all his fanboys not invite you to groups etc. Essentially you will have to walk on eggshells to please your local streamer aristocrat.

How is Asmongold not our based guy
>Has been playing wow hardcore (cleared naxx) since VANILLA
>Voted for DADDY GOD EMPEROR MAGA TRUMP to BTFO SJWS
>Fans are dedicated to the game
>Made streaming wow and retail wow fun for years and encouraged us to collect things
>Humble as fuck, puts an insane amount of effort to stream every single day, harder than most high paying jobs
>Btfos trannies by playing ALLIANCE FOR THE ALLIANCE
>Always humble when donated, cherishes every viewer
>Loves making EPIC community raids and transmog competitions
>Healthy as fuck, as a white man should be
So lets see.. the only people who hate our guy Asmongold are liberal hippie dindu tranny zoomers who dont want to MAGA TRUMP and play horde... sigh.. i thought this thread was above that... THIS MAKES TEH JANNIE TRANNIE SEETHE.. MAGA MONDAY

Cringe zoomer

diablo 3 is just people who really didn't care all that much for d2 getting their hands on the wheel combined with a launch that was premature by at least 6 months. it would probably still have the auction house to this day if their endgame wasn't an unpolished disaster.

wow is like the same mistake hots made. they didn't get that wow was made to be more about action to begin with. so like hots dumbing down something simple like the 20-30 minute moba experience it isn't the best way to go to tilt the core formula and shows the devs might not even get what's fun for people. if they made the characters feel a bit more skillful and gave people something significantly deeper feeling than just talents they'd be just a little better off then the bottom they are in now in hots.

Please get professional help. It's not too late.

I think you're misunderstanding me, imagine a guild like Method who spend hundreds of thousands of gold for the world race. If they were to sell MC/BWL/AQ40/Naxx runs for X amount of gold on retail (which can easily be purchased through wow tokens) they can recoup the costs much easier. Nobody wants to buy clears on retail because you can get better gear from M+ but getting an Ashkandi on classic is worth $50 in wow tokens if you're not in a raiding guild. It'll be easy to get people to pay up since your sub works on both games.

Ok. So basically selling tokens through BFA by offering runs? That makes sense I guess.

Yeah pretty much. You can also just trade gold straight up so you're going to see a lot more epic mounts than you would 14 years ago. Unless they put something in the ToS that prevents people from trading across games people are gonna abuse the fuck out of it

mage
it's the best class in the game tied with warrior
and no i'm not talking about pure numbers, that's stupid

Ok. So how does it work. You get BFA gold in exchange for a token, which you buy from the blizzard shop?

So only the people who have alot of gold in BFA can abuse this?

>it's the best class in the game
yes
>tied with
no

Nah, mage is the gayest class, only played by chink farmers and vurtne wannabes

Warlock is the absolute Chad of classes that is great in pretty much every area of the game

>alot of streamers and their clique determining "who gets to become warlord" every week.
Not feasible. Regardless of the size of the group, you can't simply determine who gets r14. You can always play in your own premade, get standing 1 regardless of what other people think. There were people deciding who should get standing 1 in vanilla, and there were people not following that, causing drama. It's nothing new.
>rank 10, youll still struggle, since so many people will be farming honor like crazy, due to the population being so big due to streamers.
Honor system scales with population, so the amount of people on the server is irrelevant (side note: it's actually relevant but in the other direction. The amount of rank points you earned is based on the percentile you're in. If your server has too few people, you can't get in the top RP bracket because of rounding, and can't get rank 14).
>people will farm and sell gold
Happens on every server. Demand for gold is no bigger on a server with streamers accounting for population.
>while simultaneously flooding the marked with basic trade goods, due to the population being so big
High population doesn't mean that only the supply is higher, the demand is too. Both theoretically go up the same amount (but practically not because nodes, mobs, etc are limited resources, so the supply doesn't go up 1:1 with population increasing, this results in an overall price increase, on everything). There is also nothing new about there being large population servers and low population servers, and assuming that streamer servers will be large is simple speculation.

>IMO people who unironically watch streamers (outside of e-sports tournaments) are toxic zoomer snowflakes who will bring their toxic mentality to the server in droves
Your opinions don't mean shit if they're not backed up by any actual evidence. Look at the beta dueling tournament to see what kind of people those who have an obsession with hating streamers are like.

Anyone can have a lot of BFA gold by selling wow tokens. Back when BFA came out a guy in my guild bought over 4 million gold in wow tokens just so he could have the dinosaur mount with the auction house function. If you find someone who is willing to trade BFA gold for Classic gold or vice versa you can sell whatever you want cross game

Too bad BFA gold will be 100% worthless because the game will be dead.

Except you dont know how it works apparently. You can dodge the opposite faction premades and essentially farm randoms all week. This can easily be done, if streamers get their slaves to do the dirty work for them.

>Honor system scales with population, so the amount of people on the server is irrelevant
It is relevant, if the population is PVP oriented and have better players on both sides, making honor farming harder if youre not in a premade.
>Happens on every server.
Nope. It didnt back in vanilla. Only the big EU servers had gold being sold (no idea how it was for US).

Not gonna comment on your "take" on economics, since you clearly have no experience in either vanilla and private servers. Im finding it difficult to not insult you, so dont (you) me.

Well yeah, classic is gonna be dead as well pretty soon but until then the economy on the servers are going to be fucked

i played on nostalrius and had a way better time than when i was in high school because now im a filthy goddamn neet with zero responsibilities

I'd like to see it get all the way to wotlk and then setting things right by culling the duty finder.

Funny thing is that people enjoy the grind. South Koreans would rage about every mmo if there wasn't some heavy autistic grind between each milestone.

>You can dodge
Crossrealm BGs makes queue dodging much more difficult. This isn't one of your private servers.
>if the population is PVP oriented and have better players on both sides
Now you suddenly made an assumption that people who watch streamers are good at pvp.
>It didnt back in vanilla
Unless your server was literally dead, it did. I played on a med pop server and bots, gold farmers, chinks hacking were a bane.

Have sex in goldshire

gnome or human warlock, which sex

I just gave away 2400g in org on northdale, i'm free...

>started playing wow in highschool
>since then have worked in oil and gas as a pipefitter making 130k a year
>left that for geomatics land engineering (survey)
>have since gone to University and got a degree
>am now a sheriff
>looking forward to classic to blast people with chain lighting

Based

Attached: 20190502_083429.jpg (4160x2080, 2.33M)

I got on goldshire today to see what it was like, and the inn is just shoulder to shoulder with people, do people actually erp there or do they just idle? There was only like 3 people talking.

BFA is better suited for that

Attached: 1543920458576.jpg (750x750, 103K)

PROJECTION

How's that life of yours going there, buddy?

Imagine being the level of loser as this poster, even cucks and friendless losers are above this vile and unloved creature.

I never played WoW until Pandaria and thought it was complete shit, but everyone always said vanilla was better. Tried Nost just before it got shut down and thought it was great. Dumb niggers just saying nostalgia or rose colored glasses are retarded and probably retail cucks who think classic existing means they'll get one less mount to buy from the e-shop.

Vanilla is great, but TBC is honestly the best MMO that was ever created. The best RPG ever created.

The endgame design was literally the most organic theres ever been. There were SIX FUCKING RAIDS available at launch. The game had so much content, how can the same Blizzard that designed and developed TBC was also responsible for creating MoP, WoD and BFA, Holy fucking shit.

How do I AoE kite shit in WoW as a mage? This is kind of difficult. Also is 2000mana at level 20 good for aoe grinding?

Attached: 600full-the-elephant-man-screenshot.jpg (500x665, 92K)

You run and gather mobs.
You press frost nova.
You run away.
You press blizzard.
You press blizzard again.
You press cone of cold.
You AE or run around a little.
You press frost nova.
etc

You don't do it at 20 because you can only have 1/3 imp blizzard at that point.

Even if you didn't raid the dungeons in TBC were a lot of fun. I still remember running Shadow Labyrinth with my buddies at the time very fondly

When can I start doing it?

class isnt useless but you're right it doesn't matter what you spec into cause you're only brought for brez

Hey there user.
It's been a while.
I'm waiting for you, user.
Come and click me.

Attached: 1917.jpg (230x185, 12K)

>apply a dot to something 4 times in a row
>woooow it's not dead yet?

Attached: 146333331521.jpg (640x480, 45K)

literally every streamer who is even kinda big are all going onto the same server

22. 21 works too but it's more annoying.

Cope and seethe.

The dot is secondary. Fireball still does good damage.

Once you have 3/3 Improved Blizzard. But make sure NOT to get Frostbite, as it will make your blizzard randomly freeze mobs, spreading them apart and ruining your AOE

unless you are already geared from a previous xpac then 110-120 is the worst levelling experience. You get weaker as you level

*AHEM*

Attached: 1559355706527.png (734x633, 166K)

The zones, the questing, the dungeons and heroic dungeons, the attunement, the reps, and the big prize the big dick title, i got hand of a'dal pre nerf.

The memories.

The true actual HARDCORE experience was the legendary attunement for MH and then finally BT. That attunement quest is so insanely well design. Every activity contributed to that attunement quest, everything connected to it so you could zone into Mount Hyjal.

it's like they frontloaded the entire expansion on launch and the player skill and speed, exploration, observation and knowledge was what determined it's longevity.

I know Kael and Vhalj were fucking broken, and bugged to the fuckng roof, but remove the bugs, and RNG in drops, lower the raid size to 15 TOPS and you have the ultimate MMORPG experience never created. Literally nothing would ever surpass that.

TBC endgame is the best endgame that was ever conceived. It's a shame that that same developer went so low as to develop Mists of Pandaria, WoD and then fucking BFA.

Right, but the point is that rank 1 frostbolt is better after the dot is up
It does the same base damage on average, costs 5 less mana and comes with a slow to keep what you're fighting off of you preventing interruption

*tanks your dungeon without issue and goes back to questing*
nothing personnel, mage

Attached: 20-31-0.jpg (623x429, 71K)

Retard
>Blue Square
Hunter trap
>Star
Sap

Uh, bros, AsmonGOD doesn't battle shout, is it the worst skill?

> Not a single talent in Prot
You wont be tanking any of my dungeons.

Right, because I wont be inviting you

>alliance rogues

Attached: 1559341820547.jpg (1276x1438, 825K)

is this a tranny or an ugly old woman

serious question

Aren't you supposed to only get 2/3 Improved Blizzard so that the slow from it doesn't overwrite your Cone of Cold?

How much did Arcanite Bars go on the AH again?

Actually, that's a good point. I forgot about it. And I guess 50% slow is good enough for AOE. My point about Frostbite still stands, though.

>t. haven't played a mage since 2005

Can a silenced mage cast Ice Block?

Warlocks are discount mages played by edgelords

No

You 100% sure? My class choice literally depends on it.

>>that's ok, I don't like people anyway

>Plays an mmo
>is planning to play CLASSIC of all things
retard

No

when am i getting my beta key?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing in pvp and parties, which are things that I really miss in nuWoW, I'm just not good at interacting with people in general so I avoid it. I'm more of a solo guy, I guess. I don't even understand how people can make friends in this type of games.

Attached: 1514171480998.jpg (640x640, 62K)

Donate $100 to ass mongoloid

based huntard bro. this is my old guild forum sign banner pic

Attached: wlhunter.png (1134x448, 911K)

youtu.be/FjB1D1AEJbg
I took screenshots of every character I played in vanilla but lost them all. Its weird how nostalgic I get for this game in the early morning.

if I want to AoE level as a paladin do I stack armor and defense?

Attached: Paladin_Uxwz5Mn.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

wowhead.com/item=1168/skullflame-shield

you get this and stack spell damage

You stack druid for thorns and put a spike on your shield

Im thinking more of like level 20, 30, etc

Consec is in the holy tree but there isnt a lot of spell power plate gear

best leveling spec for pallies is Ret with a slow two hander and hope you pop your seal of command

Attached: 928340917712.png (690x588, 246K)

You don't really AOE as a paladin until end game where you have spellpower for holyshock spec

>haha classic sucks you're just nostalgic about it
>it will be dead in a few months
>you're not a kid anymore, you don't have time to play it
>you're just trying to relive your childhood
>the raids are so fucking easy, bosses only have 1 mechanic lolol
>everyone will quit when they remember how bad the game is
>people only liked it because it was new
>there's no mystery to the game anymore, everything is figured out
>you really want to drop all of the improvements retail has made over the years?
>lol why are you paying for a game already released 15 years ago
>blizzard is going to fuck it up, just you watch
>it's not better, just slower
>layering.webm (video actually from the blizzcon demo, not the beta)
>people only played private servers because it's free, nobody will pay $15 for classic
>no content after naxx, you can't keep playing forever lol

Attached: seething retailfag.jpg (601x508, 68K)

>playing BFA
>with friends

Whoa, is that a new feature in the next patch or something?

AoE grinding on a paladin in vanilla just isn't viable, sadly

I mean you CAN do it, but it's really slow and not very efficient, nowhere near as good as mages do it

>nobody will pay $15 for classic
well i mean, im not going to

think he means the faggots that keep saying people only play private servers because it's free

which is laughably wrong

Why do people ask these stupid ass questions? Stats are so simple in vanilla, it's one of the game's strengths. Think for yourself and just try different things until you find what works best

>"stack defense"
>while leveling

user...

Attached: 155865695048809.png (960x523, 348K)

*ahem*

NIGGERS

Attached: 123810987234.png (960x523, 393K)

Convince me to roll shaman or druid instead of priest

Attached: 1559274361068.png (690x588, 242K)

shoo, spammer

It should work fine once you get ret aura, but you'll probably want a druid to heal you with thorns. Question is whether you should go for imp ret aura or consecration first. Once you get both with plate armor you should be pretty beasty to solo.

priest is just boring and plain unfun to play, the paladin of spellcasters

obsessed

but shaman seems ineffectual in pvp and druid seems shitty in pve

Ele shaman is the best 1v1 pvp class pal

>twitter.com/ChristieGolden/status/1134964270335062017
She's just old dude, don't be a dick

Attached: 1558656950488.png (960x523, 348K)

its tempting

i would like to play a special snowflake orc fem

My life was a lot worse back then than it is now though

>Will be ruined by streamers
this is why i thank god i wont be playing on the NA servers, i mean I'm sure EU is gonna get some streamer scum as well, but it wont be nearly as bad

Attached: greggs.jpg (463x658, 52K)

fucking retard

Fuck leveling 1-60. FUCK IT.

Attached: 1559583134180132.png (960x523, 354K)

1-40 is pretty comfy, 40-60 is absolute cancer

Based. Perfect build for the only worthwhile druid skill.

youtube.com/watch?v=klm2Q7xu_d4

>Spend years and years hours upon hours in a soul sucking second life
>tear world apart pre and post cataclysm
>Every nook and cranny gm island designer island programmer island emerald dream etc.
>read a library's worth of shit on the subject
>It becomes your fucking identity
>Finally get away

Let's do it again guys!
FUCCCCCKKKKK YOUOUUUUUUUU

Its more then just nostalgia

WOW has always been the casual MMO, but when they made it all about end game and starting to create arena focused moba gameplay mechanics like procs and combocasting it lost its casual appeal.

Also its highly refreshing on the beta to just be able to cast your fucking abilities when you want, and not have them do shit damage because they're not expending some proc you spend 5 seconds fishing for

kek

I still have PTSD from leveling in STV

This is not a game but a drug addiction and thus needs it's own board on 420chan so you all can fuck right off to there ty

>that guy who pronounces it "SCHOOL-O-MANCE"

This post can apply to any videogame ever.

Anyway I can read or learn an extensive explanation of the dtory of the RTS games without playing them. I know a lot about nu-wow lore and story (TBC onwards) and things that happened before the three wars (War of the Ancients, Shifting Sands, Three Hammers, Quel'thalas and Humans vs Amani, Titans and their creations, Burning Legion, Old Gods,etc) but I'm not very well versed in the actual wars themselves and why certain things happend in Classic. I find RTS games a chore to play but I can cave in if there's no other way.

Is headmaster's charge BIS before raiding?

Going to be hilarious if guilds demand bis

faggot, I enjoyed and eager for it.

You can watch the cutscenes on youtube or something.

mp5 or spirit if I am rolling a Human?

p90

you have no idea how much that is going to suck, warriors are already shit at leveling and you're going to double the discomfort because "RP LOL". Level as arms, maybe fury if you're twinked the fuck out.

Wouldn't mind playing as a sexy female N.Elf but I love horde to much and cant stand the average alliance player. What do.

I don't think it's going to be that bad, but then I haven't played warrior in vanilla before (only in TBC). One-handed weapons only have about 25% less DPS than two-handed weapons. I believe the extra mitigation from having a shield (shields basically double your armor + give you block) will offset that a fair bit. No doubt it's going to be slower, but I don't think it's going to be THAT much slower.

If it does really suck, it's easy to respec.

as a dual faction player i haven't the faintest idea of how someone could possibly think the playerbases are different after 15 years
these thoughts should have been eradicated from your brain when you were still a teenager learning how to think

I work at a popular gym near Asmongold. The dude has a lifetime ban from all of our establishments. We got multiple complaints from our customers that some guy was sniffing used equipment after them. Sure enough we checked the cameras and he was seen rubbing his face on the stationary bike seats after people were done. The guy is a sicko with serious issues

>I don't think it's going to be that bad, but then I haven't played warrior in vanilla before
Go on a private server, Lights Hope is free and easy to install. Level from 1-20 as prot, and then watch what happens.
I have played Vanilla, and i have tried leveling as prot and i have tried dungeon power leveling shit too.
Level as arms, find a healer to roll with and cum inside. Arms. Not fury, not Prot. Do as you like, but don't say you weren't warned. A guy made it to 60 just killing boars, i'm sure you can make it to 60 eventually as well lol

I worked at Wendy's, we have a ban on him and a picture on the wall. He used to do the same thing here, and he'd keep trying to get other customers to buy him food.

>I didn’t play this game until the fourth xpac but my opinion matters
You’re a fucking retard

except blizzard already said private servers were entirely off with the parry chance on the encounters, so raids will be far harder. (something like a 14% vs 5% difference)

more parries means less threat generated (so less dps) and more tank damage as the boss hits faster after a parry.

where did all the druchads go? started playing on a wow private server and need to know what the best build is for 1-60 leveling that lets me do everything from pvp to tanking and healing

Attached: druid-balance-wow.jpg (700x369, 116K)

>druchads
Guys i can tank a few raidbosses when i have full BiS and farm gnomeregan all day haha what now warriordumbs xDDD
Guys i can run away really well, you can't lost if you dont fighted :DDd
GUsy LOOK at me tanking naxx in greens authentic footage youtube.com/watch?v=dlClq8vj5vA
Gus i am special because no one else wants to druid thats why i post here so you'll know i'm special lol well now u kno :(())))
Guys guys did you know i can farm in resto i can kill a few easy to kill mobs that literally every spec can kill my gold per hours is miserable but i can still do it guise i'm basically better than a warrior they don't have teleport moonlgade lol noobS ;DDD
Guise i might not be the best healer but im really good because i have innervate so that makes me a good healer haha warriors can't even heal idiots class :--DD
Guys I'm so fast like sonig the hedgehonk i'm a hybrid a new breed you can't label me what gender am i you dont know even. LOL wariors.
Guy My buff is important it gives you mnore stats and warrior cant even buff u with anyhthing. I don't need a sheild to tank because im not a bitch also who cares about crit lol i just dodge i have 30% doge what now warrios.
Guys i get gear nobody else wants becus nobody wnats my class that's so cool haha it's like finding free food in the dumpster warriors have to compete i just have to innervate and stay awake lmao ez life stupid classes cant do this :--))))
What do you mean i'll reroll?

Attached: druid.png (603x517, 750K)

>frostbolt at level 1

mp5 for paladin spirit for priest

Paladin has no way of regenerating via spirit in combat, priest has talents for that.

>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN

Attached: N.png (434x327, 55K)

shut the fuck up retard, youre not being helpful
i want the 1-60 leveling build i dont give a fuck about raiding past molten core you tryhard cringe zoomlet

Do warrgins do anything but seethe?

Rate my dungeon tanking build :^)

Attached: hKgXq1z.png (620x360, 487K)

dont know what any of this means sorry

Stat crunches are a bitch, but so are ballooning numbers. Starting with TBC it seems that items just increased power exponentially. Your Tier gear in vanilla is outdone by questing greens & blues.

Talents were a mess because Blizzard kept messing with them. Adding more or subtracting talents, changing them around, and etc. I think it started in WOTLK.

They grouped servers up into mega servers pretty much, without any of the community. Which is the issue that they made things super easy to level, which encouraged solo play.

Legion introduced the idea of level anywhere, the mobs will scale to you. Which was really cool, until you realized that there’s no progression. You actually get weaker as you level.

Attached: 12381098723442.png (960x523, 351K)

have sex

epic

cope

dilate

Should I 2H or 1H+shield as Enh shaman while I level up?
Can I actually do (even if its just a little bit) damage while on 5mans as enh shaman?

I just cant stand that I have to have a full subscription for it. I'd be fine with a reduced subscription or a B2P, but $15/month just to play classic is insanity.

based

Attached: 1384288642061.jpg (421x427, 46K)

Have sex.

I'd rather not spoil myself on a private server this close to launch. Already played my fair share of them. So what happens after 20? Statistically an equal ilvl one-hander will have about 76% the damage of an equal ilvl two-hander, so are you sure this isn't just one of those "I FEEL like I'm doing at least twice the damage!" things?

Sure, if I dump my talents in Prot instead of Arms I'll be missing out on some of the extra DPS from those as well, but talents aren't that big of a deal until you hit 40 and get Mortal Strike. And Mortal Strike actually isn't that much better than Shield Slam: if we assume the stats in my picture (literally just the first level ~40 warrior character sheet I could find on Google), Mortal Strike will be dealing about 320 damage (assuming weapon DPS of 35.6, which is what the Whirlwind Axe has) while Shield Slam will deal about 262 (assuming a block value of 22, which is what an ilvl 40 shield has).

Attached: 1559616388010.png (308x407, 271K)

Attached: 3487398409091234.png (960x523, 361K)

I think you will find it is a nipple

2H the second you can. Its so easy to fuck alliance niggers when you get 2H while leveling. I slapped so many retards in Ashenvale

He posted it. The madman

Attached: images (10).jpg (395x650, 48K)

>female char
Damn dude you were tranny'ing it up before it became mainstream, props

Yeah man you'll be able to 2h dps fine on 5 mans, even do a few ES pulls when aggro slips past the tank and heads straight to the healer allowing you to "offtank" briefly.
Between your totems, wf procs, and other general utility you bring there is no problem having a shaman be that middle of the pack dps in a 5man.

I have no clue about the 2h vs 1h shield during leveling up and I played enh from vanilla to wrath. I was just too young and wide eyed during my leveling process to remember even thinking such things through.

After 20 it goes from hard to hell, enemies do more damage, and have considerably more HP. Prot will not scale well, unless you spend a fuckton of gold on AH.
I somehow doubt you've taken weapon speed into the equation, as well as rage generation when leveling as prot. Arms 2H kiting allows you to max dps with minimum downtime. Even when just facetanking, the increased rage generation and burst means shorter fights and less downtime regenerating lost health. Prot has no burst, you have to facetank while you auto-attack, and there is not a single measurable advantage to playing arms. Even in dungeons the AoE tanking is barely better than arms spec tanks. Prot is for lvl 60. Also your DMG calculation is way off, did you normalize it based on DPS? Prot does WAY less damage, with all abilities, and you wont have rage to use them.
Trust me. If you really want to know, level up a Prot warr on private server, it only takes a few hours. It's shit. Even with nice blues from AH. Dungeons are like 5% of your leveling time. Just dont. Trust me, i leveled more than one warrior, and i loved the idea of leveling as prot and farming dungeons on fresh northdale. let me tell you it sucked huge weiner.
Don't let the memes ruin your wow experience, prot is really that bad. You'll be sitting on the bench crying next to the guy wearing a "special"-helmet leveling as a moonkin.

Is there good high level gear for characters that don't get tiered sets (ex: dps warriors) or are they just fucked for pvp?

Anons, my friend is in the beta and has been doing the community streamer events. Now all he talks about how much fun it was and how he isn't having any troubles being on a streamer server. He talks about griefing Sodapoppin and how "haha funny" it would be snf we can pvp with Esfand (who?). I'm going into Classic with 10 friends and he wants to convince them but some of us are reluctant. How do I tell him to stop being an annoying streamer's cock sleeve and that nobody is going to go on a streamer server with him?

Attached: 1559078093579.jpg (204x190, 17K)

i never subscribed to wow, i only played a few free trials here and there, but when i compare it to the free version of the modern game i feel like i missed out. the current version doesn't seem very interesting, it's just a monotonous grind where nothing really matters. the enemies are push overs, the quests don't really matter, the gear doesn't matter, the talent customization doesn't exist. you just follow the arrow on the minimap and stuff happens. so in this way i'm thankful that classic will be coming out because i feel like i will get a second chance to experience the interesting version of the game that i only got to experience a few times with the free trials.

>no invite for tranny nelf
based

Wait for the PvP gear patch, ZG patch has a lot of nice catch up gear too. Or just need on rogues and hunters gear :^)

Make sure you are subbed until then we need the money

I dont care if its bis or not, looks cool as fuck so I'm using it on my Lock

A thing to add: If you want to level with a shield, level a shaman. Might not be fantastic for your RP purpose. But a fast 1h + shield is great for leveling. You'll be healing instead of tanking though, unless you reach the final level of autism and take up the forbidden esoteric assburger art of shaman tanking.

>thousands of people try out a beta that they didn't need to buy into with a sub
>somehow means its going to be this populated on launch

top kek
the delusion is strong.

not this i use this on nostalrius for leveling never reach 60 because shut down of the server
it works?

Attached: descarga.jpg (746x356, 114K)

Honestly, at this point, is there a single reason to think it wont?
The hype is real, and all the stream/youtube fags are going maximum overboomer. Not even a Classic fag, i'll play it with friends, but all i want is for blizz to make rated PvP great again. Classic is going to be huge man, and it means top gay for retail cucks like me that just want to arena and do casual heroics/m+

It will for about 3-4 weeks and then drop off.

>I somehow doubt you've taken weapon speed into the equation, as well as rage generation when leveling as prot.
Weapon speed shouldn't matter that much outside PvP after the patch that normalized it with instant attack abilities. But regardless, there are slow one-handers just as there are slow two-handers. You're right about rage generation, though: I haven't really considered that because I'm not sure how precisely it works.

>Arms 2H kiting allows you to max dps with minimum downtime. Even when just facetanking, the increased rage generation and burst means shorter fights and less downtime regenerating lost health.
I'm not sure if Hamstring kiting is going to work that well in Classic because melee range/hitboxes are bigger than on private servers. Even if it does, I don't know if I could be bothered doing it for every single mob even if I did level up as Arms. I don't think burst is that relevant because you won't be bursting most mobs down all that fast as Arms either unless you get exceptionally lucky with crits.

>Also your DMG calculation is way off, did you normalize it based on DPS?
It shouldn't be that far off, I took the formulas straight out of old Wowwiki pages. Shield Slam is simple, as it's just the listed damage plus your total block value (ie. blockvalue + (strength/20) - 1). Mortal Strike is a bit more complicated, but I believe I did the calculation right. Note that this outputs the average damage, there's variation in the actual damage you'll deal based on (I think) the natural damage range of your weapon.

>The formula for calculating Mortal Strike damage is:
>(Total DPS * Weapon Type Multiplier) + Mortal Strike damage bonus
>*Your total DPS is your Attack Power divided by 14, plus your Main Hand weapon's DPS.
>*Your weapon type multiplier, obviously, depends on your weapon type.
>- All two-handers = 3.3
>- All one-handers that are NOT daggers = 2.4
>- Daggers - 1.7

Both abilities should be able to crit as normal.

>saw two unironic 30 year old boomers at the bus talking about how they're going to take a week off work, wife and kids so they can play Classic
They were getting so hype. It filled me with joy to hear them talk about what race and class to roll

Attached: japanese dog jumping through 5 hoops.jpg (578x389, 82K)

Sure, there will be an initial drop, but that was true for every expansion as well. Remember WoD? Legion? BfA? The thing about Classic is that it will remain alongside retail and people can go back to it when they get bored. I think it will fluctuate for a good while before people get tired of it, at which point we'll get TBC which people(me specifically) are pretty hype about too.
Honestly i kinda want it to fail and just be a secret club for a few boomers, like pservers. I still enjoy retail, seeing as i just avoid the content i don't like it's actually pretty neat, except for the fucktarded rated PvP.

>buying into the classic meme and then expecting expansion re releases

ahaha literally just nostalgia.

Can it really be purely nostalga when I'm going into it as a catababy? I never experienced any of the vanilla zones. I'm actually excited to play in the old zones back during their prime.

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

You don't know what boomer means.

Going shamtank for all the pre-raid dungeons with my buddy rolling a frost mage.
I got most of my talents picked out (being the defensive talents, weapon attack talents, and enhancing totem boost on the enhancement tree) but I don't know what to do with the rest.
Should I go on ele for cheaper/stronger shocks and lighting, ele resists, and clearcasting, should I go back and just grab more enh talents, or should I go to resto for cheaper healing/totems, better totem range, and more hit rate?

OK LISSEN Almo noes about sum durid things sinse the baginning. Maybe B4 durids was week & stuff but now Durids is very storng.

1) OK, Sum durids is bare

2) Tehm whos bare durids, can B 4 tank

ONLY DURID DONT HAF SUM PEEPS IN THE HEAD AND A GUNZ LOL!

3) Man, sum bare druids can maek sum peeps poop in feer bc/ tehms so storng.

BARESCARE
4) Bare druids is not so good at uh moonfare spam but its OK b/c a bare durid haf many armors &

when a thing hits durid, maybe thing gets borken hand LOL!

5) Bare durids is 4 funs when u can charje & stun & haf sum armors lol.

Attached: almobear1.jpg (741x493, 90K)

Attached: nigger are you actually that fucking stupid or are you just pretending.jpg (480x360, 12K)

There is not a single 30 year old that is a boomer. Anyone pushing this is a fucking retard.

OK LISSEN Also durid haf uh seel form.

1) Seel is can fite, but is kind week.
2) Seel for swim, is fast & dont breeth
3) When seel is gone for fish, is nobody will catch.
4) Seel is can teech frends how is swim

ALSO I FORGETS

Durid has can run fast form is TRAVEL FORM

1) looks liek cheetuh
2) dont cheet or u get bann LOL! JK!!
3) Cheetuh can run fast and him is can run away frum trubul.

AND ASLO

SUM DURIDS IS MOON KIN

1) Them 1s is look all funny liek maybe form MOON! LOL!
2) mostly uh moonkin is 4 a spam moonfare
3) them haf sum good armors & fite storng.

DURIDS IS VEERY FAST AND STORNG IN PVP CAN CAST ROOT 4 MAKE PEEPS STOP WHEN MOVE!!

Attached: swimlessons.jpg (500x368, 38K)

Edit: There is not a single person born past '65 that is a boomer. Anyone pushing this is a mongoloid.

ANSWER ME PLEASE

Attached: DCKv29VUMAAztzH.jpg (600x610, 46K)

>weap speed & kiting
Normalized my ass, a slow 2h will do proportionally more damage because of how slow your abilities are used. Trust me, 2h will always outperform 1h by large margin. Even as fury 1h suck dick, and hamstring kiting worked in vanilla, i know because i used it leveling my warrior. It's gay, but it's VERY effective if you learn to time it right. It's essential to unfucking the warrior leveling experience, and you'll find yourself doing it naturally when you get into scary situations. There is also sweeping strikes, etc which makes 2h so much better for bursting enemies down.
>dmg calc
not even going to pretend to look up the numbers, but i can tell you from experience, your damage will be laughable in prot, no matter how good shield slam looks on paper. Trust me, i'm speaking from experience. MS hits like a truck, shield slam does not. Also, prot only has rage when tanking multiple enemies, which wont be smart when soloing. Prot is shit my dude.
Take my advice and level a character to 20-30 on Lights Hope, it's not that long, and you'll be able to feel just how turbo gay it is leveling with NO fury for abilities, and when you finally have enough to cast your awesome shield slam, it does shit DMG and your shield and prot talents didn't stop you from going below 50% hp.
It's 6am now, and i have to get out the door. Trust me my dude, have faith in that random user that took the time to write a reply longer than "have sex". leveling as prot is suffering, at least moonkins have burst and utility/mobility. Prot might be the worst leveling spec in the game.

After playing the beta for a couple days now I'm starting to develop newfound appreciation for retail WoW. Classic is better when it comes to being an MMORPG, but there's a lot of stuff that's just flatout shit like the questing structure. I like how fast retail is too in comparison to classic which relies more heavily on the right-click combat. You can definitely feel the stats affecting your character that way though. So I'm conflicted, will probably play both for completely different experiences.

Attached: 1559333114287.jpg (600x742, 142K)

Attached: i shouldnt even have to explain it.jpg (478x361, 14K)

bc Peeps can always ask if cat druid can B GOOD FOR FITE OR WHAT MAYBE?

eathedU NO CAT DURIDS IS VERY STORNG! SUM PEEPS DUNNO Y SO HEAR IS LIST

1) OK now sum durid is cat

2) Cat durid, tehm dosent heel.

3) Cat uis for fite

4) Cat durid dosent talk about fite

5) when cat durid is FITE do not ask for HEEL and NINIRVATE!

noninervate
and CAT DURIDS is no spam moonfare! Sum cat durids dosent no wut is uh moonfare!

Attached: eathed.jpg (880x650, 78K)

did I draw this image?

DURIDS IS MUST ALWAYZ HALP EECH OTHER:
sumtimes a new durid is need sum halp and advise frum a good durid so u shuld alway halp unother

Even I lernd all this form DURID SCKOLL who has wut uh famus teecher there who is knows all this:

DRUIDTEECHER
DURIDS IS HARD, & BUT STRONG

SUM PEEPLE THINK DURIDS IS CANT BE BARE AND CAN ONLY HEEL AND THEM DOSENT

NO THEY IS ALWAYS CAN SAY:

BUT ONLY DONT LISSEN TO THEM.

Durids is storng for bare or cat or seel or whatver and u dosent haf 2 heel if u dont liek heel

*********DURIDS IS 4 haf FUN TIME WIT FRENS every1 is like a fun time durid!!

Attached: druidteecher.jpg (500x375, 25K)

Maybe

have sex

hownew.ru

This build will make you hate yourself, here's the problems.

You want defense to be uncrittable, and that is possible entirely with gear alone, and even then this is not important in dungeons, as well 99% of bosses in dungeons don't enrage and have a static attack timer, thus you don't need improved shield block.

Also as counter-intuitive as it is, having too much mitigation will make you worse as a tank, because your job as a tank is to keep a mob controlled so your DPS can hit them and that requires threat per second, not mitigation.

Here is a viable build for tanking dungeons and doing world PVE solo, this is just plain better then a main tank build because it generates more threat classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warrior/A8_MzAUzAzxzQAA

And here is an example of a main tank raiding build, which gets all the necessary talents from prot

>Normalized my ass, a slow 2h will do proportionally more damage because of how slow your abilities are used.
For instant attacks like Mortal Strike or Overpower, weapon speed literally should not make any difference. For Heroic Strike a fast weapon is actually better, because the extra damage it gives to your swing is flat and doesn't scale with your weapon in any way. Two-handers will still of course deal more damage than one-handers purely by virtue of having about 30% more DPS.

>have faith in that random user that took the time to write a reply longer than "have sex".
Thanks for replying, user. You made me think about the numbers. But I'm still going to try leveling as Prot. If it doesn't work I can always respec.

when did you save it?

>But I'm still going to try leveling as Prot. If it doesn't work I can always respec.
Yeah you can respec. But will your autism allow it? Good luck, my dude.

It won't have the same community it did back in the day and it's a literal playground for cuck streamers who couldn't accomplish anything when it was relevant but now they have their zoomer armies to carry and hand them everything.
I'm sure there will be plenty of videos surrounding the inevitable drama when AQ hits and gaypoppin or gaymangold opens the gates before the other streamers can finish their quest and they all have infighting live for all the zoomies to clap and cheer to

You're going to play for two days, realize chuck norris jokes aren't funny, and consider suicide.
Leave your memories alone.

today
okay

Barrens will have a few boomers dropping cringe norris jokes but 90% of the population will be using twitch lingo and talking about their favorite streamers.

not that user you were talking with but i think he is biased, i recently leveled a warrior on a classic server and hard hitting 2 handers are just so much easier to come by than good 1 handed weapons, they drop more often, you get a bunch of them from quests etc, in the end you gotta work with what you get because you wont have the gold for the AH.

Please leave your blogs on tumblr or whatever you use

if i spec and gear for restoration shaman can i still come auto in melee range with the boys

Attached: 1528144390153.jpg (1073x1269, 936K)

dodnt kid yourself, chat outside of /2 trade in cities will be dead. the players changed

>Paladin has no way of regenerating via spirit in combat
Dark moon card

>be boomer
>remember great times with wow and the people
>come back for classic
>make jokes in barrens chat, try to talk to other players while questing
>nobody replies, invitations are given without talk, after quest is over everyone leaves group without a word
>nobody runs dungeons, everyone trying to solo
>zoomers running and dying all the time trying to solo harder quest mobs
>realize it was the people and not the game which made it fun
>accept zoomers playerbase are antisocial streamer groupies
>quit game and move on with my life
classic is dead, long live classic

Attached: serveimage.jpg (480x360, 15K)

when I played on Private Servers, Barrens was full of life and people grouping and goofing off. I even managed to make a name for myself as an annoying as hell (but liked for some reason) memelord troll through fucking around in Barrens and helping people with shit that wasnt necessary for me to do just cause it was fun

This is the definition of "shitthatdidnthappen.jpg". I fucking ran straight to the barrens and said "chuck norris" immediately and people didn't shut the fuck up, and the stress test was only til level 5. I also ran into the throne room in Lordaeron and sat on the throne and at least 15 random players just walked up to me and kneeled and it was a funny meme. Shit like that just happened the entire time. You'd be near a mob, you'd get a quest invite. People bantered when you were in a party. You'd come up with plans for approaching certain difficult shit. You recognized people. It was the same shit. Yes, nostalgia is powerful and the times have changed, but what made classic so good is that it encouraged this kind of interaction. It doesn't matter who's playing now, you're still going to interact with people, have good bantz and find people who are awesome and find people who are fucking shitheads. It's great.

D-DELETE THIS!!! I CAN'T FIND JOY IN MY LIFE SO NO ONE ELSE CAN BE HAPPY!!!

thats just how funservers are. you get the fun people, nobody is too serious. once classic goes live the tryhard crowd will kill any fun because the 15 burgers per month gives them reason to act like entitled assholes. im hopeful but i cant ignore how retail people act and classic is not gonna change their behaviour

This is an argument full of gaps, because boomers like us are going to be the majority player base with the most active playtime. Majority of Zoomers will quit not many months out unless they are orbiting some streamer or are actual mmo-players by nature. Don’t think that wow classic is going to majorly eat into something like fortnite or lol. It will get its share of attention and then settle to high-medium interest levels, sustained by us.

Private servers have more tryhards than Classic could ever possibly have.

>jelly.jpg

Attached: 1290844722.jpg (600x600, 39K)

hmmm maybe but theres the fact that for zoomers the classic servers are just a free included blast from the past, so they will ever so often come by while those that purely come for classic might refuse to keep paying 15 bucks for this mess of a game (dont misunderstand me, classic is still great but theres a lot of shit you wont put up anymore with 30 that you didnt mind when you were 18) both of these reasons make me doubt boomers will be the majority playing in the long run

Last three can be mixed based on group but the skull, cross, moon, star are universal

classic private servers have people from all over the world who prefer the social nature of classic to other free online games. its a very specific demographic and the mix of cultures makes for interesting conversations. but on classic retail you will be playing with people from your area who probably all also play BFA. theres nothing to talk about and those people only play classic because theyre bored of BFA, completely different kind of people

>Private servers have more tryhards than Classic could ever possibly have.

Attached: 1557837148461.gif (322x178, 2.56M)

Dude, have you played on private servers? They have some of the most insufferable players you will find in WoW. That's not to say there aren't nice people on there too.

more insufferable than retail players? hard to imagine.

t. never played on a private server past level 5

Why do you guys not play on rp servers?

>not having a team of previous wow-playing friends to dive headfirst into classic with
Last time my buddy counted we have 6 people. We might even have every class covered and I swung the whole team alliance so I could play paladin.

Then you lack imagination and obviously also the first-hand experience that would make up for it. Also, retail players by and large will not be interested in Classic.

>could never make it past the interview into a good guild

Attached: tman.gif (630x385, 3.37M)

i am considering it, i heard rp people are less shitty in general
all my friends i played vanilla with are married with kids, they stopped playing games long ago
>retail players by and large will not be interested in Classic
we will see, so far it seems retail players love it

It doesn't really matter either way because the current generation has no taste in video games to reference that nostalgia against. Their highest achievements are Minecraft and Undertale. Their "World of Warcraft" is Fortnite.

>Their "World of Warcraft" is Fortnite.
FF14 you mean
our generation played counter strike in place of fortnite

Emerald dream has been my shit. People will trash it on forums, but I don't even correct them.
Send all the trash to Moonguard and WA

>he still plays WOW
mega yikes....yikes!

what wen't wrong in your life? What happened to you that won't allow you to move past this game? What sentiment does this game hold for you? Was it just before the incident or do you just have autism?
the biggest yikes about this all is that this game is 15 YEARS OLD, not 2 or even 5, 15.. That means you spent a decade and a half stagnant. this game must be a weird nostalgia cope for you, for when your life was ok. Please just put this game down. please start self improving, please face reality. It's saddening every time i see these threads.

take care, guys... for real.

Attached: 1529371898894.jpg (1024x680, 180K)

>he still plays videogames
fixed that for you.

>we should forget about games because theyre old
ok consumer

Now WoW isn't the best mmo anymore, but damn are all mmos just complete garbage that can't throw away the wow/korean formula if their fucking lives depended on it.

I just want my VR Ultima Online release in 2040 when vr is actually good.

At least you admitted it by trying to change the subject to something completely unrelated.

You win. You can go to sleep with a calm heart now friend.

i hope you can wait that long for your new COPE material to arrive.
Not true. Chad and i play video games too sometimes. New games. But losers like you have made it your life.

>he wants to play Ultima Online in the age of the streamers and zoomers
Unironically you think you do, but you don't.

Haha indeed! The cope will be quite hard to bear!

While I think it's good to want to get that sense of community and exploration back I wish it wasn't Vanilla WoW.
God it sucked to actually play that game. Give me an unfucked Lotro or Warhammer Online with the same zeal behind it and I'd be exuberant.
I played enhancement shaman and walking up to things and autoattacking is not really that riveting.

Nothing really is too sacred for them to ruin...

This. If game devs have forgotten how to make good games then they should just remake the classics.

Attached: 1548228976474.jpg (650x592, 105K)

mmos make so much money that investors who dont even play games see them as a valid way to make money, which as a result turned all mmos into cashcow milking simulators. its the reason people love wow classic, it still lacks most of the nu-mmo design that happened because big investor interests. we wont get any good mmos until people stop throwing money at this garbage, because only then investors will drop them as asset and stop influencing their gameplay design. good mmos will only happen when they stop being hugely profitable and people with love for the genre will take over again to make games for consumers by consumers

>Chad and i
dilate

>nostalgia
it's the better game and there's plenty of evidence to back it up

Maybe a decade ago but that beancounting thought process has moved on from MMORPGS now that just about every game can have the same approach taken to it.
>paid expansions or season passes
>microtransactions
>drawn out grinds that you can pay to skip
MMORPG as a genre has been picked apart and instead of one game that's average at everything it's trying to do you get niche games that appeal to facet of the fanbase and go all in on that whilst still nickel and diming them.
Looty Shooty is going after PvEfags with some PvP overlap.
Battle Royale is definitely PvPfags.
Mobas distill creating a character and building it into something into bite sized chunks.
Stuff like that.

t. retarded boomer who probably never changed realmlists and ended up on a dead server nobody plays on

>Moving to a new server in Vanilla
How fucking awful.

i would go as far and say that mmorpgs dont exist anymore, there is no big sieges with hundreds of players and clans duking it out over strategical points anymore, its just small multiplayer lobbies like fortnite and league. there is barely any rpg elements left, design follows more like tf2 teambase shooters where you have a few abilities and thats it. you hardly interact with players anymore anyway. these games dont deserve to be called mmorpgs

I don't feel nostalgia for anything anymore. At this point gaming as a medium has spent so much time wallowing in the past whatever chemical reaction we would describe as "nostalgia" won't occur any further in my brain

Attached: HonkPills.jpg (546x767, 60K)

bro we're saved

Attached: rendering_distance_of_players.webm (1280x800, 1.76M)

Is that Camelot Unchained? I appreciate them wanting to go all in on big battles but man I don't trust a kickstarter for that kind of heavy load commitment.

i mean the network programming is good and ready; they're now struggling with content
anyways, if it fails i'll just go cry in bannerlord

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2560x1600, 378K)

retailfag here that played classic as a young adult and not as a 4 year old kid "playing" it while dad or uncle played.

i can not wait for classic to release. everyone that hates retail will fuck off to classic and the community of retail will improve dramatically. it's going to be great having all of the streamers and their orbiters fuck off to another game. i hope classic is an amazing success and all of you absolutely love it so much and continue to play it forever and never touch retail again.

you realize retail will get much less funding if classic is a big success

You think you don't, but you do.

This.
It always happens. The only thing what you are wrong about is dungeons, but those are a waste of time anyway.

dont care, just want all the classicqueers to fuck off from retail

Unless they planned on ending retail soon, there's no way that's going to happen. WoW still makes an obscene amount of money and killing it for classic makes no fucking sense.

What game is this?

enjoy playing bfa forever then

How? There's nothing to develop for classic they are just rereleasing content.

Not to mention it's the same subscription for both games so they can now just say "World of Warcraft has X MAU" instead of differentiating between Retail and Classic since technically anyone with an active subscription is a member to both.

wow was already (and probably still is) many times on maintainence mode, profits from wow were put into other blizz games and devs too (the b-team actually made WOTLK) and its only going to get worse from here on now

camelot unchained
it doesn't have any gameplay vids so don't bother searching

thanks! you enjoy playing classic forever. sounds like we both win.

based ele shaman bro

Speaking of kickstarter mmos, anyone here tried Crowfall? The combat animations look terrible but I like the general idea behind the game and I've been following it for a while just never cared enough to buy in.

pretty sure the main guy said they are considering adding shit via community votes like OSRS which inspired them to do classic in the first place, it all depends on how popular classic will be so anything can happen

So basically, Blizzard is dying. Because what the fuck else do they have?

it's like the opposite of camelot
>build engine for years, no gameplay
crowfall
>scrape together gameplay for years, shit engine

If only they could work together.

the cardgame seems to make them the most money actually, also they are putting all their money right now into mobile games

>Community votes
>In todays climate with streamer cults
Surely nothing can go wrong here.

wrong we both lose because blizzard will soon be famous for their chinese mobile games and not their pc games, the investors call spoke in a very clear language about that

Yeah they're fucking dead. King + Blizzard merger incoming.

You do need to have an active sub to get the beta dumbo

Easy solution to this is community voted content like OSRS. They can't fuck it up when we are the ones greenlighting it.

dont worry friend, we can find something else to play

I don't get why anybody would even want to play classic over retail honestly.
It doesn't even have pet battles and it takes too long to get gold.

>Narrator: They didn't

it's the same rate to get gold

Attached: serveimage.jpg (578x459, 69K)

Who do you think voted to make the game easier over time. The feedback is what drove WoWs descent into being even more casual than it was because that's what the players connected with.
Why are people so delusional about this? People spoke up and requested these things like attunements, resist gear, expensive mounts, balancing changes to favor all specs over having certain specs and classes only good at one thing, and tons of other things. If you put it to a vote they'd just vote that same shit back in.
I mean fuck they have to have a developer posting reminding people that X thing isn't a bug it's an actual intended feature.

Warcraft 3 was the best WoW has ever been.

>wowfags are hypocrites
Who would guess?

>Games where you have to talk to people
why

based
thank god we get to remake the lore in bannerlord

>People don't know what they want.
Human history is full of people trying to make their lives easier and then being miserable once they actually do it.

>Doesn't like social scenarios
>Doesn't like grouping up
>Doesn't like other people
>Picks game genre with all of the above
What drives the solofag into MMORPGs Yea Forums? How do we stop this menace?