Alpha protocol was a buggy piece of shit that never got fixed

>alpha protocol was a buggy piece of shit that never got fixed
>dungeon siege 3 was nowhere near as good as 2
>stick of truth was a terrible wrpg and is only considered good because of the funny dialogue
>pillars of eternity 1 and 2, do i really need to explain why these games are dogshit?
>tyranny has the worst combat i have ever played in a game
the fuck is going on at obisidan? im starting to think new vegas was just a fluke

Attached: obsidian.png (1280x418, 57K)

Looks like gay fish is out of the asylum

>pillars of eternity 1 and 2, do i really need to explain why these games are dogshit?
kys you utter cocksucking faggot asshole

How to spot a bait the post

>POE2 flops on its own merits without Kickstarter hype

Or maybe it was the gay fish, considering Div 2 sold well.

Attached: gay fish poe.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

New Vegas was only a fluke in the sense that Bethesda willingly allowed themselves to be embarrassed by another company at their own game

old talent left or turned into hacks or took less responsibility
hired untalented people
trying to appeal to the wrong group

I didn't think pillars 1 and 2 were straight bad,

they really needed a turn based system from the start

they needed a more xcom, final fantasy tactics type of map design

>ydwin
those fucks will deserve it when outer worlds flops

Not like it's difficult to embarrass Bethesda really. You take somewhat competent team and they're outclassed.

Obsidian is a shitty company. Congrats on figuring it out

>Or maybe it was the gay fish
>considering Div 2 sold well.
>Gay Lizzard
>Gay Dwarf
>Gay Skeleton
Consider...

divinity was a piece of shit far worse than pillars

gay if you don't like Alpha Protocol btw

>464587397
>>tyranny has the worst combat i have ever played in a game

might I introduce you to Arcanum, or perhaps Fallout and Fallout 2?

What else can you expect from the creators of the dullest rpg of all time? Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

Yeah, I for a fact now that OS2 bombarded me with gay shit unlike PoE.

based

>im starting to think new vegas was just a fluke
Can you name even 1 good game Obsidian made, besides maybe KotOR 2?
Hell, can you name ANY good game Obsidian has ever made that wasn't just a glorified mod like NV?

MOTB

Well, all of the obsidian games were buggy as fuck to begin with and had to be fixed by fans, but at least they were good and memorable rpg games with had good writing/stories.

Now all the old peeps with good ideas left and only insufferable faggos like Saywer left.
So now what you get are bugs + shitty rpgs

Attached: 1525772576840.jpg (1665x1053, 359K)

>had to be fixed by fans
Why is the standard for CRPGs so low, that one of the most biggest devs does not know how to make games?

Name 1 (one) CRPG company that doesn't release buggy messes.

>Why is the standard for CRPGs so low, that one of the most biggest devs does not know how to make games?
Because
>Why is the standard for CRPGs so low
They know that both actual 30-year old boomers and younger newcomers to the CRPG genre will eat up anything labelled a spiritual successor to what is perceived as THE BEST EVAR game

Black Isle

>Fallout 2
>not a buggy mess

Their good writers left, and that’s all they had.

Please do.

What else can you expect from the creators of the dullest rpg of all time? Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Tyranny had a pretty based story though. Can't really hate a game with so much interesting stuff going on. POE was just boring and uninspired. New Vegas was really good and everyone who prefers Fallout 3 over it is a legitimate retard.

Nailed it.

What Obsidian need is universal and consistant writers. Leave autists like Sawyer to systems. Never make him a lead because he doesn't understand good RPGs are more than stats and systems. Hire some actual writers to replace guys like Avellone leaving and communicate with them so everyone is on the same page. Give a word and line limit per paragraph of dialogue. Slap anyone suggesting fucking hyperlinks and wiki style info dumps are good exposition. Above all actually make choices matter. Less choices but more fleshed out and detailed is way better than loads of dialogue options that fire off the same response.

I dont get why Alpha Protocol gets so much hate, did people try to play it like it wasnt Deus Ex or something with Assault rifle builds?

user, it played worse than Deus Ex.

I’ve never played it, but what I most hear about it is that’s its a buggy, unbalanced mess.

this. the game is unplayable if you dont pick the stealth class and upgrade the fuck out of the pistol so you can get the chain shot perk

Alpha Protocol was a buggy mess. It was also one of the only games ever made where your choices actually mattered.
Dungeon Siege 3 was a dungeon crawler, which despite being a fucking dungeon crawler still managed to have good characters and gameplay.
Stick of Truth was one of the best licensed games made in the last 10 years.
Pillars of Eternity, yes, you should explain why these games are bad aside from the poor sales, which seems the only thing your pea-for-brains can focus on.
Tyranny doesn't have the worst combat you have ever played in a game. You're being disingenuous.

I mean Deus Ex is terrible too if you dont stealth/melee it

>trying to appeal to the wrong group
Whoop, there it is. This recent trend of shitting on obsidian is done by 8gaggers who are so unfathomably stupid, it took them this long to notice they sometimes feature females and gay characters in their games.

Most of the games you listed in the OP were pretty good, you should play them.

EKERA

Obsidian has already been flushed into the toilet, it time for Inxile to shine

Attached: 58123459482.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

>Inxile to shine
>Numenera
>Bard's Tale 4
>shine
KEK

>it's the worst thing ever because it's bad and terrible!
I don't think you're equipped to assess anyone's writing.

those were both good games, W3 is more ambitious than all of them, they go bigger funding and now MC is sending some shekels their way too.
they are nowhere as cucked as Obsidianal

>those were both good games
Yikes

>KOTOR 2 was edgy fanfic and unfinished mess

It still managed to have better characters and gameplay than the first one, which is arguably a masterpiece. So what are you getting at?

shut the fuck up dumbass faggot, you have no reason to hate them, I bet you haven't even played them.

Attached: 1542604151855.jpg (750x747, 235K)

Played the beta because I was a backer and fucking hated this shit.
Also fuck InXile for using KS funds from Numenera to finish Wasteland 2.

Attached: numshit.png (349x112, 45K)