New island

youtu.be/jG9HOgBol9Q

>new island
>story missions
>two fan-favorite dinosaurs and a nice third addition
>paleobotany to make special food for the dinosaurs
>a new park attraction
>all this on top of the terrain tools, spinosaurid love, Gyrosphere upgarde, and other content in the free update 1.8

Not too bad. Could have had two more dinosaurs and make the guests more than just visual props, though.

Attached: tyjtu.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

Attached: D7pjKSqXoAAwEXB.jpg (1200x675, 147K)

is this game good yet?

Guests are still props and there's no trash cans or bathrooms.

it's a solid 7.5/10 now
if JWE2 has better guest management, more decorative options, and better dino fights, the IP is in peak form

I remember when this was shilled constantly but dropped from the face of the earth 2 days after launch

Attached: 1502843908084.jpg (601x601, 121K)

As much as I love having a sequel that fixes everything, I'm also upset that they're going to abandon JWE1 instead of actually fixing it. Is the coding and engine really so bad that they can't do such simple things?
>no interactions between the dinosaurs and the new rocks and trees
Would it really be that hard to put in things like the small theropods jumping and climbing around on the rocks, or the sauropods browsing from the trees?

I remember when talking about upcoming games wasn't met with autists and babies screaming "SHILL!!!!" nonstop.

to be fair, they have salvaged JWE1 quite a bit since release and by the end it will have 1.5 years of support, which is more than anyone guessed initially. it's just a shame it launched in the state it did, and that the game is still pretty shallow in terms of management and AI. I'm pretty sure many complaints people have (map sizes, dino fights being precanned animations) can't be solved because of the engine/code, so a sequel is the only answer. it's all money grubbing bullshit brought on by incompetence, intentional or otherwise, but what can you do.

it wasn't shilled. people who played JPOG were excited about the game.

I agree but it still rankles me. Part of it is definitely Universal being assholes about what they want to be shown, they've forbidden anything non-dinosaur from the first three movies because they rebranded the franchise as World so we can't get the Land Cruisers or the 1993 buildings and aesthetics (only reason the Jeep made it in was because it was their "Here have it now shut up" to the players). If the coding and engine are straight from one of their other games then that would explain the canned fights and other lack of animations, though laziness likely fits the bill as well.

>Albertosaurus
>Looks like WWD Gorgosaurus
Yo, what the fuck?

Attached: 1558144608681.jpg (206x213, 13K)

Real animal has ridges on its head.

Attached: Albertosaurus.gif (570x428, 71K)

I wish they would allow mods so that we could get all the cool dinos from other games.

Attached: ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u1.jpg (1920x1312, 335K)

Yeah, no thanks.

Because people expected it to be good and it turns out, it wasn't good. Shocking.

1993 buildings and jeep tour, and supposedly classic skins, are coming with the december DLC, according to the leak that has been proven right so far.

Still no sign of them releasing modding tools nor implementing updates that allow for stuff like unmoderated dinosaur breeding or redesigning the park to be a reserve, which are all I want.

With Ouranosaurus and Albertosaurus, we're only missing two dinosaurs from Operation Genesis: Dryosaurus and Homalocephale. Hopefully they'll be coming at some point, we need some more small herbivores.

Attached: Homalocephale Dryosaurus.png (1579x390, 484K)

whats the matter?

I assumed only the Gorgosaurus had it, nvm then

They are sister taxons, very closely related, so they did share a lot of physical traits, similar to Carcharadontosaurus and Giganotosaurus being very similar in size, built, and features.