Ever 17

What was her endgame?

Attached: ever1261.png (800x600, 512K)

Here's your You.

>spend first half of game most interested in Tsugumi
>end up liking You most by the end
Fun fact: She had so many lines scripted - more than any other character - that her voice actress was almost in pain from all the takes during recording. Also Uchikoshi got her last names from a name dictionary. I suggest you read the Wikipedia article for this sometime, it's surprisingly really well done.

Attached: yuangry.jpg (500x469, 77K)

Right? I fucking love (You)

Her route was my favorite normal route because of the mystery parts

Have another.
Were you referring to the computer room segment or the kick the can shenanigans? The thriller/mystery stuff was a lot better than the SoL parts IMO.

Attached: yuinthewater.jpg (850x637, 89K)

Chicken sandwiches or lettuce?

Attached: sara.png (800x600, 831K)

Why is she the most adorable daughter

Attached: Matsunaga.Sara.full.95188.jpg (1280x960, 555K)

mayonnaise

Attached: mayonnaisedrinking.jpg (1447x2039, 1.2M)

it's been too long since I played this game, was this the old hag or her clone

Just a reminder that Remember11 is superior

Attached: Remember_11_cover.jpg (220x288, 13K)

Wasn't it like majorly unfinished?

>tfw you will never be body swapped with a 10/10 qt
It's not fair

Attached: heart_0.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Nah, all mysteries are eventually solved.
It just has no clear "true" ending.
The ending which is most like a "true" ending ends the same way all other endings do, thus making people think the game isn't over and that there's yet another ending to be gotten.

Yep, they weren't able to include the true route, but the explanation to the mysteries is mindblowing and what's there is much better than Ever17.

The young one/clone. I don't think the true You shows up in the station.

a real tekken force man picks chicken.

bump

>(you) will never experience Coco's route for the first time ever again
Life sucks.

here have a virtual wife

Attached: sora 3.jpg (1024x768, 529K)

>escaping the shadow during the Blizzard storm
This game has some very tense parts

Attached: 1558465596041.jpg (234x260, 21K)

I think I finished the first route of this. Is it worth replaying everything again just to get to the true ending?

You haven't actually finished it until you get the true ending, user.

Yes.
The whole point is getting to the true ending.
It's not like the normal routes are bad, but the payoff of the final route blows everything out of the water

Why isn't she in a washing machine?

If it had an ever17 ending this would be called the best visual novel ever
the pacing is fantastic, something that no other VN can replicate

Attached: 1547061906737.jpg (1024x683, 51K)

>something that no other VN can replicate
lol

You know, I really liked E17, but I don't get the hype behind the ending. The only part that was really novel to me was how they managed to rescue Coco and Takeshi through timefuckery by keeping them on the sea floor. It was cool I mean, but the story was more engaging as a sci-fi thriller IMO than a Shyamalan-tier mindfuck. I should get to playing R11 soon because it looks like that's more of what I'm after.

every VN is pointless and pointless conversations for 50+ hours

I mean, it's a surprising and satisfying meta twist that plays with the concept of a VN being played by an external player who can freely hop between timelines by clicking things and loading saves and it manages to use that to create a genuinely mind blowing plot twist that comes at the end of a 40 hour long sci-fi mystery thriller and ties everything you've seen before together pretty much perfectly. Can't really think of a better way to end anything.

The SoL parts are what make the endings good. Look at Utawarerumono and Muv-Luv.

Never7 > the rest

Attached: ljFnwDn.jpg (651x343, 77K)

But Utawarerumono doesn't have shit pacing, I'm not saying SoL is bad
Muv-luv on the other hand is dogshit, I'm not reading 30+ hours of romances for the novel to "get good"

>only flashy action stories can be good
Yikes

why do you excuse shit writing? muv-luv extra is garbage and you know it

It's been some time, but I don't remember exactly how it ties things together perfectly, especially in regard to blick winkel. I know the entire thing is staged in order to present an illusion to the player where, if it is broken, would result in them realizing they hold all the power over the scenario and so somehow the actual events of Coco's route would never be realized (i.e. everyone gets saved), but I don't remember why this is. I also don't remember who Kaburaki is. The older dude you see in 2034 is actually Takeshi, the protagonist in 2017, but I don't think there was an older male in the 2017 incident, so I can't think of who Kaburaki would be.

Yeah, there's lots of holes in my understanding, but not quite enough to warrant a replay. It would still almost be tempting though but that massive amount of filler just stops any thought of that immediately.

Yuka route and Izumi Cure route are the only remotely interesting parts of the VN, and even then they're nothing special. It's like if Ever17's SoL was 5 times more boring, and without worthwhile payoff.

Muv-Luv Extra is a very enjoyable romcom that has a relatively short dip in quality during the lacrosse "arc".

>mfw don't care for SoL or waifus and wasted my time with ML hoping for ever17-tier mindfuckery

Utawarerumono Mask of Deception has a somewhat slow pacing but I still loved it. Muv-Luv Extra was way too slow but Unlimited and Alternative made up for it by being amazing.

>The older dude you see in 2034 is actually Takeshi, the protagonist in 2017, but I don't think there was an older male in the 2017 incident
What? Kaburaki was the Kid from 2017. In 2034 Kaburaki is pretending to be Takeshi, and Takeshi is obviously not there because he's dead.

>tfw 12Riven will NEVER EVER be translated
It's not fair, we were so close but the translation team went official at the last moment.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (210x300, 20K)

I was rereading the plot summary yesterday, so I must have gotten that wrong. Kaburaki was infected with the cure virus, right? I read that this is why he looked young enough to play Takeshi in 2034.

>Kaburaki was infected with the cure virus, right? I read that this is why he looked young enough to play Takeshi in 2034.
Yes.

>LOL PYGMALION
Her route was garbage

Makes sense. It's interesting how it works so well when the entire twist was conceived after both the setting and the idea of two protagonists, not to mention the rushed development. Maybe it would be worth checking out those CDs that take place after the Coco route some time to see what they did.
That was comfy, shh.

Why is she in a washing machine?

Attached: 1378413361165.jpg (1280x960, 445K)

BA NA NA

no u

Dont start that shit nigger

Fuck I already forgot most of the plot

Bunch of people get stuck in an underwater deathtrap and while some of them manage to escape there are others who die. Many years later, the survivors orquestrate a plan to re-enact the accident so that they can trick some outer observer into retroactively saving the people who died in the past in the original accident.

Oh wait, maybe that was 999 instead? Based Uchihacki.

>999
Lol nope, you mean VLR
That useless hack really is a one trick pony

Attached: 1-ch25-2a.jpg (800x600, 278K)

VLR did copy paste the mirror scene from Ever17 but in terms of the overall plot 999 is definitely closer.

I like this game's palette so much.

Name anything else worth reading then
I've gone through all of his VNs

>the chicken sandwiches were actually tuna sandwiches all along
Name a crazier twist

literally can't

Attached: 1558758832494.gif (250x188, 1.68M)

Nothing. He blew his load too early, then used the same trick again and again to try cash in as much as he could. He lacks any kind of talent. Did you even see ZTD?
His most recent release is Zanki Zero with Danganronpa's creator. Dunno much about it

So there's literally no VN out there that can reach the mindblow level of Ever17?

In terms of mindblowing twists I can't think of any.

Try SubaHibi, it's not far off.

The endgame was to set up COMPLEX METHODS in a different series

>mindblow level
Fata morgana works as well. It's a similar 'find youself' kind of story, with a lot of drama and heartache. It's good

My favorite twist in Subahibi was the part where it turns out that the big mystery they'd been setting up for an entire chapter was just random bullshit that some crazy guy made up and it didn't matter at all. Truly mindblowing.

>428
Pretty good but didn't do the same for me
>Fata morgana
Maybe someday

It is in fact you, who is in the washing machine.

I heard 999 has pretty much the same effect on those who never played Ever17, but it was extremely meh to me after coming from Ever17, and it mde me realize how much of a one trick pony hack Uchikoshi really is.