Is portability overrated?

Is portability overrated?

Attached: Nintendo fans prefer Switch docked 4 to 1.png (585x492, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dnSTV5DEiEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's not when you're actually not home...

I play undocked plenty of times while home.

The appeal of portability for me is just for playing the consoles on my bed. It doesnt really go beyond that

>play switch on the bed
>wife tells me dinner is ready
>it actually isn't and she just wants me to buy some shit from the store
>return and keep playing on a chair where I can see her

That poll is a bit misleading since a lot of people love to play portable mode in their home. Playing while lounging on the couch &/or bed is maximum comfy.

Damn Ninja looks like THAT

It depends on your lifestyle.

If you're on trains or planes for 10+ hours a week, having a portable game system is very nice.

Also playing in bed or while on vacation is great.

Attached: card_jockey-1.0.0.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 184K)

Polls are the complete opposite in Japan. Over there most people like to play games while they're sitting on the subway. Switch was Nintendo's answer to how fucked the global market is

what is this.
i hate that this post is probably Real.

It is real, why wouldn't it, my mother did the same.

Portability is great at home. I can lie in bed and play vidya at the same time. Sure it's also useful when you're at the airport or waiting for something but I use it far more often just lying around at home.

>oh no they're not using the feature right!
fuck off

i play portable at home

switch screen is shit in daylight

diversity
such pride

Laying on bed playing with a handheld is very comfortable. Thats the portability I like.

I am not burdening myself with some extra brick so I can bing bing wahoo on the go. Phone is enough, if it's a plane/train I am taking a laptop anyway.
Handhelds are straight up japanese thing because they live on public transport.

Nippon sarariman sit on burret train for 2 hour every day.
However, if you live in the US, whenever you need to go somewhere you are probably driving yourself and cannot be playing vidya.

>STOP LIKING WOMEN REEEE

Attached: 1553595117429.jpg (398x376, 37K)

this. and its not a bad thing

>woman fetishist

disgusting

Using it at home doesn't mean that's it's docked all the time.

A lot of people still play portable at home.

I can't be bothered to unplug my PS4 in favor of playing my Switch docked all the time, so I primarily play the Switch in portable mode.

Besides the whole "S.O.Y" shit, why the FUCK would I bring a 300 dollar console, with a 60 dollar game in public where it will 100% get stolen the SECOND i take my eye off it? It'd rather play it at home, at least the gameboy and D.S were small and only cost like 100 dollars, this shit is huge and costs 300 dollars, plus 60 for the games. Fuck that

What do they mean by "At home" at home can mean on the couch plugged into the Tv, in the bathroom while taking a shit, on the bed trying to get comfortable, during a blackout , and a whole slew of other shit.

No. The problem with the switch is.

It's not a true portable.

Doesn't fit in the average persons pocket. Not as small as a ds phat or any other handheld before the XL meme came true.

So what ends up happening? People end up docking it and just playing it like a console. This is why we need a Switch Mini

Attached: Q2.png (949x580, 400K)

Correct, home town is full of shit heads so if it can't fit in my pocket with my hand covering it, it's not leaving the house.

I want to play on bed so no.
i also don't wanna hog the TV nor bring one to my room, i already am running of space as it is.

only if you're going to be going out to places to play the game. For playing where ever you want in your house its pretty great and can help more boring games like pokemon. Physical discomfort can tip the scale of tediousness to the point that you'll want to quit.

>that's a poorly constructed question based on how the switch works
Portability outside the home is overrated.

Yes. Especially when stupid consumers try to justify their stupid purchases. They'll start selling you dumb gimmicks like they're paid marketers.

You could have had a good portable system and a strong home console. But instead you got a hideous chimera that's a failure at both, and you'll keep telling yourself that it's a good thing.

>both
Switch is not a home console, stop falling for marketer lies.

Yes; but, portability was worth the drop in graphics in order to get the Japanese (3DS/Vita) market which would have the opposite result in the poll.

But that could technically be done with the WiiU controller as well. All right it wasn't as seamless, but that's basically what it was. You'd still call it "home play" from a tech perspective. You wouldn't need hardware to be in your hands if all you wanted was to play on your coach, home.

>portability was worth the drop in graphics
opinion discarded

Because America has dick public transportation

>he thinks portability is fitting on pocket

when I was a kid I carried my gameboy in my bag

>im playing a $300 console, please rob me!
Even in a country as safe as mine, doing this is asking to be robbed

At home but undocked, sometimes while also shitposting on Yea Forums. I physically alt+tab.

Of course I prefer playing games at home, but that doesn't mean I don't also like playing games when I am not.

Except you couldn't, one brick wall was enough to disrupt the signal, I really liked the WiiU but that was a glaring flaw.

Who here /PortableInHome/? Switch is the thing I play in bed before falling asleep.

Attached: 1559580366245.gif (300x300, 3.02M)

My bed was in the same room as my console and my living room not too far so never had issue on my hand. Then again as I said it was just a tech issue that could easily be fixed with today's hardware. You can have 200Mbps+ signal strong enough across a 3 stories home nowadays, you could even stream properly in your backyard.

I don't do that anymore since I broke my 3DS, forgot I moved all the shit around my room and I dropped it on hard concrete.

:(

it's quite nice when you have to frequently travel for your shit wageslave job

>Being that much of a victim
If you look like some retarded manlet, sure. I play my switch in public transports both in London or Paris, which people in here would consider "unsafe", never had any issue. People stealing shit are after iPhoneX, not a fucking toy that will sell at MOST 100 euros on the black market when any phone will sell for 3 times that.

The real poll should be

>Docked
>Un-docked at home

I think the majority would say un-docked. Portability doesn't necessarily mean outside, on the bus etc. I play 90% of the time on my couch, in my bed. Rarely docked

I mean it's never not gonna be convenient to just be able to use it anywhere

Even just as small as in your bed.

No games to play

And 5 years ago I was carrying my 3DS or Vita in my back pocket.

so what you're saying is that zoomers fell for the pocket meme

Portability is just a marketing gimmick. No one takes their PS4 to social gatherings because they can't play it, but they will take their Switch to play 3 minutes of some shitty game and show how cool the portability is.

VNs and RPGs are comfy on handhelds. Too bad the switch has a garbage selection for these genres.

Yes. If you're over the age of 18, you don't need to be playing video games outside your house.

>putting handhelds in your pocket
disgusting

Attached: pocket.jpg (3264x2448, 2.26M)

Yes.
>b-but I need something to do on the bus/train
Read a book.

Attached: 1446932086161.jpg (395x531, 28K)

>27k votes
User base is bigger than this. Their own statistics recorded show it's about 50/50

>nintendoamerica
portability is huge in japland

Most people I know use bags.

Out first, get a job.

Why not both? Why should I compromise if I have the choice?

>how cool the portability is.
You don't have friends, right? No one does that.

I never play docked, and I only play at home.
Portable is great in bed, at my desk and on the shitter. I barely ever play PS4 because I hate having to commit to sitting down behind the TV.

The vast majority of people who play their Switch in public are fat, balding adult males. I've seen maybe two kids play their Switch in public.

Yes. I can only normally play when I'm at home anyway, so why not do it on a big screen? And Switch is not a portable console anyway.

>having to commit to sitting down behind the TV.
Nintendies, everyone!

Cute ninja

>and on the shitter
Eat
More
Fiber
Jesus this is such a fucking stupid meme

The concept is good, the environment of the market just doesn't need it though.

I think it's more that the Switch is too big to be properly portable for most people.

the only people who play nintendo or use their consoles are faggots and children

I'd use it as a handheld if the build quality wasn't so shit and it wasn't so fucking big.
They better make a switch mini or something.

I don't take my switch out because I don't want to get germs on it

Sorry, I like not sitting in one spot for hours.
>healthy people don't go to the bathroom
ok

where do i find a cute blue haired cutiepie nintendróne?

high school or college if you are a pussy

Does anyone just straight up write off people with dyed hair like that?

Yup

I carry it in my bag with my fight stick.

Why?

I usually do that to everyone

Healthy people don't take more than a minute to shit
What are you doing sitting on the toilet long enough to make whipping out a handheld at all meaningful?

Since 2005. It's one of my personal litmus test for people

Im never at home anymore...
Work and uni.

>Is portability overrated?

CONVENIENCE is the single biggest driving factor of all entertainment technology. Its the reason Televisions have remote controls (originally they didn't ).

Yes, that's why you should never listen to switchfags who use it as an excuse. They just buy games that aren't exclusive because they're mentally ill fanboys.

Learn to read.

>people spend more time at home than on commute
no shit sherlock

I only play switch when I go on a trip somewhere. I pretty much never play it at home unless something I really want to play comes out. Just can't be bothered to play on inferior hardware that I have to setup when I have plenty to play on my PC.

2005 it was all about the green hair girls posting nudes

I had it undocked maybe twice since I got it 2 years ago. I dont see the point. My chair is plenty comfortable, when I am at home I can just play on a big screen with a controller and when I am not home I will 100% not play video games in any form

Pity (You).

this

and switch is too fucking big
that picture on the left is also a completely unrealistic portrayal of public commute. only way to play switch like that is if it's your mom driving you around

I can smell you through this post. Take a shower

the switch's """portability""" is overrated as fuck, that's for sure.
>oversized
>terrible ergonomics unless you buy a grip case, just like the vita
>two-hour battery life
>joycons are cheap trash, prone to stick drift and don't even have a proper d-pad
>nearly every game looks and runs like shit in handheld mode
>no second screen and no stylus means no more etrian odyssey, trauma center, scribblenauts, etc.
my switch never leaves the dock anymore.

Attached: consider.png (600x451, 205K)

have you never lived with someone else wtf

>The US doesn't have a strong public transport infrastructure and most people don't live in a major city. Thus need to drive themselves everywhere. This makes playing on the go/during a commute impossible

This metric is dumb.

>joycons are trash
Only true statement in this post. What the fuck was Nintendo thinking.

>that picture on the left is also a completely unrealistic portrayal of public commute
How so
Personally I couldn't enjoy anything in a hectic environment like a bus or train so I don't bother, but she does appear to be on a bus

the switch is too big to be carried without a backpack
>muh cargos

Attached: c1q8jtnp6hl01.jpg (750x1334, 98K)

>All handheld gaming is dying but Switch portability is great!

with more than half meter cubic of empty airspace around her

>>play switch on the bed
>>wife tells me dinner is ready
>>it actually isn't and she just wants me to watch her fuck tyrone
>>keep playing on a chair where I can see her

Who says I'm whipping out a handheld for just on the toilet? It's just nice to be able to continue playing on the toilet.

I mostly use portability for playing in bed and being generally comfy. Sometimes I use it for long journeys or if I know I'm going to be out waiting somewhere for a while, but i'd never use it for daily commute. Plus having the switch be both things for when the situation arises is very nice, although I tend to work through my backlog of 3DS games for the most part if I'm out somewhere.

No one over the age of 17 should be usign backpacks unless you are some lowlife construction worker that has to take lunch from home like the useless poorfag you are.

It's still a retarded scenario unless you have gastrointestinal problems, to which I direct you to my first comment: eat more fiber. If you don't sit down and immediately dump out a log, you're doing it wrong. There should be no free time on a toilet that isn't occupied with relaxing your anus or wiping it

I use backpack and cargo shorts everyday to work. My coworkers are all 45y-60y. Not only I don't feel embarrassed but I love to display my power.

Pic related, this thing thinks it's in any position to insult a guy with a backpack

Attached: 1559315952430.jpg (2577x2577, 474K)

shut up landwhale

>manchildrens playing vidya in public
wow

>work at a Nuclear plant
>all engineers and reactor operators carry backpacks
Hmmmm, looks like you've never worked a single day in your life.

Really depends on city/route/time of day etc
I haven't ridden on a bus in 10+ years but there were times when it was just me and like 3 other people

>Switch Mini
Fuck off autist

There most hideous people are typically the most judgemental. They are usually the most jealous.

Every single person who has whipped out their phone for bejeweled or Pokemon Go or whatever else is a manchild in Yea Forums's eyes.

>/fa/ggot pretending that being a socially insecure cuckold who spends 100% of his time preening himself for the perfect aesthetic is the norm, and that function (usually in the form of a heavy-duty backpack capable of carrying everything that doesn't fit into pockets) is secondary to looking slightly more "neat"

>Doesn't fit in the average persons pocket
Neither do most smartphones given how tight pants are these days. Sometimes I wonder if some of these men even have balls.

>playing botw undocked
>enter village on horseback with shekiah tribe for first time
>have massive frame drop making game laggy for 30 seconds
was Yea Forums right?

Doesn't the Nintendo Switch have a terribly low mobile battery life? Sounds like a completely shit-useless feature if the batteries are dead within an hour of going mobile.

portability ruined the internet, it is currently ruining games.

Attached: rtpVEG1.gif (500x364, 726K)

It's completely dependent on the game you're playing. The memes are centered around BotW's fuck-huge world

Even then you can get a solid 3 hours out of the thing.

Yeah. Nobody really plays video games outside. But it's cool to have a video game console that you can bring everywhere. That's why people play games on their phone these days.

Portability is great, but honestly my phone suits my needs. I can emulate an RPG or something just fine without having to worry about the controls, and I don't realy have enough time on my breaks or on my commute to really get in the mood to play a big game. If I DID though, the switch is far too big for me to carry around. I travel light since I already have to walk 3 miles to and from work every day, no way i'm adding a backpack and a switch with it, which I'd then have to keep safe.

It's actually less on max settings. 2.5-3.5 depending on screen brightness etc

the ds, psp, 3ds and vita all had plenty of good games. portability didn't ruin games, the switch ruined portability.

It really is to any functional human being.
You just don't go out looking like shit, let alone wearing a children's accessory.

Portability is underrated, but the Switch isn't truly portable. It's too big and the battery life sucks. No good for daily commutes/toilet play, only good for planes and hotels.

Portable gamers still use a hacked 3DS or Vita.

I'm the CEO of Apple and never saw a single person over 6 years old wearing a backpack in my life, fag.

Not her but what if I ate really spicy shit before? It'll sure take more than the usual 1-2 minutes.

>let alone wearing a children's accessory.
Which is why every adult carries some form of bag to suit their needs.

The only time Ive seen a switch in public was waiting for my car at the wash. Overweight, dirty shirt, and not put together at all. Everyone looked at him with disgust and I dont blame them

>I'm the CEO of Apple
Duh, that's because faggots wear purses.

Well only children who go to school care about portability.
if you're an adult and you're not driving to work you fucked up your life and even if you absolutely have to use public transport you are beyond cringe for playing it in public.
>uhh bro you see i don't care that im a manchild because im having FUN being a manchild

That explains why Apple has been getting shittier with every passing day recently.

Reminder that this is how normal, rational people view you when you play with literal toys in public. Imagine being so addicted to video games that you can't even leave your basement without gluing yourself to them.

>inb4 being an adult means not caring what others think!!11

"No!"
That just makes you a disgusting manchild. Kill yourselves you fucking degenerates.

Attached: 198a14c518e5484438f3cffd0404ea4535b815c37f88503c97a72f2fb60a9248.jpg (1000x1000, 479K)

Fuck off nazi. I work. I pay my taxes. You don't get to tell me what to do.

You know, you don't have to samefag all the time. I mean we all know that only one idiot thinks portability has anything to do with being outside.

the backpack can be justified but that outfit is just lame

I don't even have a TV

I prefer home but it's a nice option

Nah. I use it as a portable all the time but usually don't take it outside

Not him, but I'm the same way. I can really only sit down in front of a TV after the kids go to bed. Meanwhile with the Switch I can carry it around to where they're playing.

Wasn't he arrested?

Or dont live in a shit country

I play Pokemon or similar lite RPGs while listening to non-fiction audiobooks on my subway commute. The repetitive gameplay helps me focus on the content of the audiobook. I've done this for my entire 20s. You may have seen me in NYC, I am thin with glasses and a jewfro.

How small does the switch have to be to be more portable? Would 3DS XL size even be possible with the hardware inside the current switch with the sticks intact?

>switch ruined portability
>source: my ass

Fuck off, literal Nazi by the definition. She pays her taxes and works too. Now fuck off.

Concept is cool, manufacturing is shit

>>inb4 being an adult means not caring what others think!!11

This. People that say this are the first ones to bitch about being looked down on for being an adult playing on game console when out and about. Unless, your a literal child, you dont need to be playing a game 24/7

It's annoying that I can't really play the switch sideways because the switch is too long. Even on public vehicles it's too long to hold in front of me if the bus/van is crowded.

It is for japanese wagies who basically have no free time to play games anymore.

Retard alert. I'm a light-and-sound engineer at famous live performance venues. Every gig I go to, I take a small drawstring backpack with all the common cables and adapters that solve 90% of problems. It has saved countless shows from hour+ delays. Best part, I can throw a DS right in the bag and entertain myself on the commute.

If you play on a low brightness, airplane mode, you can usually get about four hours. Some games (like Sonic Mania) you can get close to six. Others that are more taxing or not optimized for the Switch (like BotW) you get closer to two and a half. Given an average game though, you'll get a full plane ride between almost any two cities outside of maybe LA to NYC, and even then when the battery hit 2% we had like 20 minutes left in the flight anyways so I just waited the rest of the time.

>play switch on airplane
>literally nobody looks at me or cares
>RATIONAL PEOPLE ARE AS JUDGMENTAL AS Yea Forums INCELS I SWEAR!!!

Okay dudes.

It's still more portable than the Game Gear. Better battery life, too.

I ain't even saying this because I hate the Switch, but even all my handhelds, right from the Game boy Classic to my Vita, I always played at home.

It's just more comfortable to do, and you don't get bothered by people asking "what game ya playin?".

You're a nazi for misgendering xim.

The only people who get up in arms about this are people who are irrationally insecure. Probably from bullying in elementary school because they were little faggots.

>tik tok thots

Attached: image2.png (606x718, 953K)

Hey retard, did you know people can simply silently judge you without getting verbal/physical by using their fucking brain to think? And on top of that, people can simply shit talk you behind your back, in which case it's highly unlikely that you'd notice them.

But no, of course when your ape brain thinks of "judgement" you enter a fight or flight state and either physically attack someone or start verbally screaming in their face.

Get killed you stupid manchild piece of shit.

Attached: 945.jpg (1500x884, 200K)

Yeah, but I couldn't ALSO take my wii u everywhere. You can have it both ways with the Switch.

Last time I was on a plane the bro next to me said he had a Switch at home and asked me if Octopath was any good. He was flying with his gf/wife and they read books for the flight.

Other recent times I flew were with my wife. She likes Zelda and Pokemon and shit so there's no judgment there either.

>cant play it sideways
Besides the fact that the new maro party made use of that gimmick literally who cares besides you? This isnt a legitimate complaint about it not being portable. You never played games sideways with a ds family system either. Only thing I can think of is that you're a piiutard when the pii u couldnt be used outside your house.

If it's a complaint about the switch being too large in disguise, I feel that the size is kind of a tradeoff for the games it can handle but at the same time it needs to be more powerful. When pro and mini come out we'll have an actual difference between "real portable" and "can be portable but heavy due to better hardware".

If your well put together and play on your switch while waiting for a plane, train, etc..yeah your right, no one will give two shits. But if you're an overweight autist, people will look down on you.

Imagine giving the slightest bit of a shit what someone says about you behind your back. Imagine literally defining your internal self by the perceptions of your barely-functional peers. I bet you voted for Trump.

I have a tv wall mounted by my bed.
I just swing it off the wall and the tv is literally hanging over my knees.
If it breaks and falls, bye bye knees XD

I've always kinda valued portability ever since I was a kid. I liked playing on my Gameboy more than my consoles. I won't lie, it's the "play whenever I want" aspect that I used to value a little more before the advent of cellphones.

With that said, I still regularly play my 3DS/Vita/Switch while just leaning back in my office chair. Plus I can just play them while I cycle, helps the time fly.

>

What emotion is she trying to convey. No memery intended. I literally am trying to figure out what she's doing.

This. Portability to me means playing anywhere else other than sat in front of a TV.

99% of the time, it also means being inside the house. People who think the only definition of portability is "playing on public transport" are brainlets.

Attached: IMG_20190601_223206.jpg (1300x1300, 68K)

The absolute state of switch users

hunting her brother's cock

>Imagine giving the slightest bit of a shit what someone says about you behind your back. Imagine literally defining your internal self by the perceptions of your barely-functional peers. I bet you voted for Trump.

t.

Attached: fedora-lord-57b8eb8e4d395.jpg (720x960, 99K)

>being this insecure that yoh bring out your cuck fantasies
LMAO@your life

Everyone gives a shit about how they are perceived by other people. Its human nature. The people that have your mindset are also they same people that tend to bitch on why they can't get gfs and dont get invited out

Many vertical shoot em ups on switch include "TATE" mode which is much better than squeezing it in horizontal mode and losing all that screen space

Nice selfie

>I know you are but what am I

The absolute state of your defective brain.

I have a beautiful wife and rent-free membership at a social club. People with my mindset can swing hard in either direction, buddy.

I'm rubber you're glue

I meant playing on my side in a bed not just sideways. You can by pass this by putting the switch in a stand and placing it close to your face but it's annoying to take out a stand every time I wanna play a game in a bed. This also mean that you have to move the stand on the other side as well if you wanna switch sides.

>Is portability overrated?
Yes, and it always has been. Even with your fuckin gameboy, you played it mostly at home anyway. Losing anything or reducing any quality to make any game or console portable is a fucking big mistake.

I accept your concession.

>It's not a true portable.
Yes it is you fucking retard

And im sure you have those things because you are well put together and have a life outside of fucking video games. My main point is that fucking slobs have that mindset refuse to accept that caring how others perceive you isnt a bad thing, its a good way to acknowledge whats wrong in your and fix them. Your whole life and success is largely dependent on your interactions with other people

t. fatass glued to his gaming chair

Is not that is overrated is that a lot of games looks or runs like shit in handheld mode. Sometimes both

or when taking a shit

Still rubber. Still glue. I win bich

Nah I love it. While it's true most people use it at home... I think this doesn't go into enough detail as people could use it as a portable more often at home.

It's much nicer to sit at home and be playing something while you watch something on TV. Or curled up in bed playing. Shitting on the toilet. If you are brave you play it in the tub.

So it should be asked how often to people play it docked?

Otherwise my phone is fine for a quick game while waiting in line for something. Unless I go on a huge trip or staying at someone's house then the portability is a nice thing. So it's entirely circumstantial.

I'm an adult, so yes, I don't have friends who own a Switch.

Sure, totally. But having a 3DS in your jacket's inside pocket doesn't make you a slob.

the only game i've played that really struggles undocked is xenoblade, everything else (mario kart, smash, zelda, crash, warframe, etc) looks great. don't tell me you bought some lazy dogshit ea or ubisoft port...

Don't do this

No, but having a 3ds out while being a fat fuck who doesnt bath only makes you look worse.

>Read a book
And look like a pretentious try hard? Um.....sweetie, no.

you make me sick man, don't (You) me.

Anytime I have a family/friend get together, they always ask me to bring my switch with me for some games. Sorry if you don't have any cool toys people enjoy playing with.

Read comics.

>>oversized
No it isn't
>>terrible ergonomics unless you buy a grip case, just like the vita
Has nothing to do with portability
>>two-hour battery life
I get 3-5 on mine
>>joycons are cheap trash, prone to stick drift and don't even have a proper d-pad
>>nearly every game looks and runs like shit in handheld mode
>>no second screen and no stylus means no more etrian odyssey, trauma center, scribblenauts, etc.

Even within my home jumping it from dock to dock is super convenient. Or taking it to a friends house. Or to have the battery for when theres a quick power outtage. Or being able to instantly suspend it and put it away for later.

>lowlife construction worker
Does not compute

>warframe
>great
Can't even do 600p in handheld. Dragons Dogma also can't even do 600p and has some frame pacing issues, Yoshi cant do 400p and docked cant even do 720p, doom still runs like dogshit and again, not even 600p, FF12, not even 600p.
I can go on

I agree with everything except for the running like shit in handheld mode. That has everything to do with portability as it throttles everything down to conserve battery EXPLICITLY so you can play it in handheld mode longer.

>Doesn't the Nintendo Switch have a terribly low mobile battery life?
It's better than my phone and laptop, and same as my 3DS and Vita

Fixed

Attached: Le dogz lmaooo.jpg (1024x603, 83K)

At least around here all the construction workers are either illegals or are addicted to meth or opiates.

I didn't say that retard, no one boasts about its portability.

Moving from room to room is still portability despite not going very far.

Moving from living room to bedroom to porch is still portability despite not leaving the house

>>>inb4 being an adult means not pooping your pants!!11
That's how retarded you sound. If you are being harrassed at work, on the bus, in public, you really need to fix your mental issues because its either schizophrenia and entirely in your head or childlike public shyness you never grew out of

>No it isn't
yes it is. just look at all the dorks in this thread who unironically wear a backpack for their switch because it's not pocket-sized.
>Has nothing to do with portability
it absolutely has to do with portability. if i'm going to be holding something for a long gaming session, it needs to be comfortable. i don't understand how the industry can get this right with controllers but then fail to apply the same logic to handheld consoles.
>I get 3-5 on mine
good for you.
please explain how the controls that you're using to play the games in portable mode have nothing to do with portability. this should be good.
it absolutely has to do with portability. the switch is built around being able to choose between playing a game portable or docked, but the gimmick is undermined by how many games are borderline unplayable in handheld mode.
i'm comparing the switch to nintendo's previous handhelds in terms of features, and predicting what it means for series that were built around those features.

Basically
And in concept it makes complete since
Hell it’s just the Gameboy Player for GameCube made into 1 device
Tv and on the go play

> not taking your switch to the toilette when you're taking a shit

Everytime i see someone mention it the only thing that comes to mind is they must not go out in the real world but wish thats how the real world should be. most if not everyone doesn't give a fuck what you do as long as you leave them alone

Yes and I really can't comprehend how people don't prioritize preformace over portability, especially for major AAA games that would be better off played on a PC.

I've rarely travelled and don't really use public transport so can't tell that much

Better idea
Don’t live around niggers

>Switch mini
Just carry a backpack retard.
They’re 20$ and can carry infinitely more than just a game console

It’s amazing that I read that as mom first and it never click I misread it until I read the replies to the post.

It’s not a home console it’s a Hybrid

most people think you're a cringe manchild, they're just too polite to say anything.

>Everyone gives a shit about how they are perceived by other people. Its human nature.
No, it really isn't. Nobody remembers or cares about the random 1 of 10,000 people they will see that day. Being in public is not a massive character defining special event, its what us adults do every fucking day of our lives because we are getting shit done. Leave your house once in a while.

>Graphix are more important than gameplay nigger
Go back to your movies

>I don't have friends
Only true part of your post

The only time I take my switch out in portable is when I'm traveling somewhere, work commute, or going over to a friend's house.

This
Octopath traveler was a god damn god send of relaxing music to lull me to sleep.
I even brought the soundtrack because I need to listen to Ophelia’s town theme before bed youtu.be/dnSTV5DEiEI

The key part of your own fucking post is
>fucking slobs
That's the whole point. If a normal built guy is playing on a game on his phone you don't care, but if he plays on his game system you still likely don't care because he takes care of himself. The disgusting slobs playing anything look disgusting because they are >fucking slobs and not because they are playing games. Them playing games just let's you know that it's probably not going to fix itself anytime soon

you might be Autistic

I can read books on my Switch They unironically have an app for that

this isn't zero sum. I can prefer playing at home and still find portability a significant value proposition.

I’ll just be in the bathroom sitting on the sink counter top
It’s just a small quiet room where I’m not being rushed by anyone
I’m just in the bathroom not using the bathroom

This
Switch is literally the most powerful and convenient thing on the market right now
It takes mere seconds to start up and get to playing

Attached: quentin truthbomb comic.jpg (1500x884, 388K)

Attached: 77358592-5D5A-4939-8A5E-45254EDAFE35.png (622x622, 48K)

Autism

Fuck off fattie

Depends on the game
Botw has 2 hours
Smash has like fucking 6 hours

Fuck off you out of touch nigger

no thanks

Sure, but the real problem is being fat and unwashed.

>>>nearly every game looks and runs like shit in handheld mode
user, how a game looks and performs on a portable console has everything to do with its portability. Are you fucking retard?

I’m sure people look down on fatties regardless

I win bich

Why the fuck does every girl have colored hair now? And why do they get angry when you call them hipsters?

Attached: adolf.jpg (615x409, 40K)

I unironically hate people like you. I hope you get AIDS or your wife gets murdered.

It's pretty normal to never have lived with someone else, hell I'd say it's more normal than the opposite.

why would anyone do this? taking a shit takes literally seconds unless you have constipation

Are you posting from experience?

i'm pretty sure "has nothing to do with portability" is just code for "shit, i have no answer for this fact."

>girls like colorful things like clothes
>girls like doing things with their hair like braiding and curling and all sorts of styles even like the old Beehive
>coloring dye finally gets to the point its easier and cheaper than ever

Combine all 3 user. Girls like to do stuff with their hair and now its cheap and easy enough that you can DIY it without as much a risk of colossaly fucking up and chemically burning your scalp

nintendo should make a PS Vita TV-like device.

this post is like the Quentin comic
>being a grown-up means I don't care what others think!

I dont really know why but even though i play Switch on my home most of the time, i mostly play on Handheld mode.

Heck i think the only game i play docked is Ultimate because i want to use the Pro Controller.

But if i wanted to play something like Binding of Isaac or Yu Gi Oh i would actually take it out from the dock and play on handheld mode.

Yes you are correct, the technology has gotten better for them to do it. I think I'd like to rephrase my question.
Why the fuck does it piss me off so much when I see blue hair? I get irrationally angry when I see blue hair, especially neon blue like OP pic, but other colors don't bother me really.

Attached: Amy_Schumer.jpg (2336x3504, 2.93M)

My post implied nothing of what others think. It was about enabling yourself to do the same things you do at home on the move, with minimal compromise. I ignored the social factor just as I'd ignore it on a commute, as while there is a time and place for everything, there's also a time and place for playing video games away from home.

It's not. I love that I can play the Switch on my bed or the TV. Sometimes I want to game with my covers drawn.

I actually love that I can take it around anywhere. I just don't becacuse I don't want it to get stolen.

>No, it really isn't. Nobody remembers or cares about the random 1 of 10,000 people they will see that day
Yes you do, you may not remember the average person going about their day, but youll remember the autists playing switches in public places. Theres threads on this board every day on that topic. The "not caring how people look at you" is such an edgelord meme. You care how your friends and family look at you, you care how the opposite sex looks at you. You care how your boss looks at you. If your really didnt, you wouldnt bother putting yourself together in the morning, or care about how you look when you walk out the door

See now thats the root of the question. The answer is that its just a sign of your gens culture that you reject. If you lived in the 80s you'd probably hate mullets and the big ozone-layer-murdering hairdos and leather+spikes too. Yea Forums is a small snapshot of the current counter culture, and the counter culture always regards its generation as degenerate (because if they LIKED their gens culture there'd be nothing to counter).

I'd wager most people wouldnt care about tyedye hair in the 90s for some pro skateboarder. But now being straight laced is the counter culture.

Dark Souls in bed makes me the comfiest I've been in years.

Cool. So now when the shitty analogues start drifting I have to replace the whole system.

Neat!

Didn't read, lol

>nearly every game looks and runs like shit in handheld mode
False, lol

>You care how your friends and family look at you, you care how the opposite sex looks at you
>being this much of an incel
>citing Yea Forums as evidence
Have

If you need a back or XL pants to carry the switch, it's not a true portable.

Attached: nintendo-dark_20190603144041827.jpg (913x685, 175K)

If you need a bag or XL pants to carry the switch, it's not a true portable.

Attached: nintendo-dark_20190603144041827.jpg (913x685, 175K)

3DS XL always fit in my inside jacket pocket just fine. Switch is too big.

>implying that the manchildren who own switches ever leave their mom's basement, let alone their house
no fucking wonder. they should have just made a proper console instead of this half-assed underpowered meme shit for muh portability that nobody actually uses

Frankly you shouldn't carry anything that isn't a shellcase design in your pocket as it'll fuck up the screen. My Switch, as such, is as portable as my PSP or Vita.

On the go is a meme designed for popular instagram thots and especially games 'journalists'. If you ever listen to those journalists talk about video games, they seem to always bring up the fact that they take 3 flights a year to go to trade shows and shit - they think people buying entertainment products do so for their plane rides rather than reality (that a good 80% of people don't get to fucking fly anywhere any year). For regular people portability is almost a joke - I just busted my ass to get a small apt and now you're telling me I should want to go play video games out in the park with other millenial friends that all have thick rimmed glasses and listen to David Bowie?

Switches are way too big for "portability" and all the games look like hot ass undocked because of the scaling resolution.
The most "portable" I get with mine is playing on the shitter or in bed.

Ds to 3ds was better than Switch - fight me.

I do technically use it but not outside my house, just in bed

I only seen a switch in public twice. Once when it first launched, some asian kid killing time at the business school and one other guy on the bus. I took it on a plane once to kill a couple hours and the only person who gave me shit was the gf because I wasn't paying attention to her kek they really are the enternal child

>games look like hot ass undocked because of the scaling resolution
Switch games look much better when handheld due to the smaller screen involved.

You are a single manchild living with his parents.

>playing video games in public

Just listen to music and browse the internet like normal people.

>not playing games on your mobile in public
What are you, insecure?

>playing games on your phone
Might as well listen to the radio from an open window half a mile away.

I love playing docked! As in homosexual butt sex! in the butt!!!

Attached: 1558975984009.jpg (600x900, 148K)

>Game&Watch
>Game Boy Advance
>Game Boy Micro
Now this is some portable shit.

Women aren't the only people who need to carry shit, you know.

"At home" doesn't necessarily mean docked only. You can play handheld mode around the house.

A little bit, unless you're playing an indie game or something.
>dude i can play on my bed!
So what? I've been playing every single console I have owned from by bed. Do you faggots not have your consoles in your room?

Xenoblade 2
And have fun seeing other games UIs in handheld mode without holding he thing to your nose

Office worker so*yim detected

Looks better handheld than TV, even when playing on a ridiculously small one like 22".

I take my work tshirt, deodorant, my protein shake and a snack with me. Do you want me to stuff a shaker and food in my pockets? You incels are insecure about the weirdest shit. Backpacks of all things.

Attached: 1549130666629.jpg (708x964, 94K)

I'd like to take one on a plane trip one day, but I probably need a battery pack add-on, right?

I don't necessarily play out in about, but I do pulley on my toilet and since I don't have a TV in there yeah

>not a true portable.
Yes it is

Sorry the vita died

Portability is only useful around your home. Playing a switch on a bus or in public will only get you laughed at.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, champ

I'd never take it out, but 23% of people using it that way is actually pretty significant.

>sony strawman

>amalgalm fillings
america is third world

>Have to compete with cell phones, something literally any functional human being needs to have in the digital age.
>Switch portability isn't even that good and you need to lug it around everywhere.
Anyone arguing the switch's portability wasn't fucking retarded is just defending the 2nd rate garbage Nintendo has been pumping out since the Wii

I don't know, I mean people still use phones.

>Xenoblade 2 looks better on handheld
You are absolutely delusional.

What an actual chad, holy shit. Legend.

It literally does fucktard. It looks like a blurry piece of shit at best on a big TV and like a blurry piece of shit at worst on a small portable screen. You've literally never played the thing or you need your brain checked.

seeeeetthhhiiiinnnggguh

IIRC that was taken at a therapists office, which strictly prohibits photography for privacy reasons, and the person who took the picture was banned from the building.

>force yourself to not do what you actually want to do because you're incredibly insecure about yourself
ok retard

>it actually isn't and she just wants me to buy some shit from the store
Can't believe she did that to you just to let Tyrone rawdog her in between the time between you going to the store.

no one goes outside with blue hair

why did she attack anthony like that?

Attached: file.png (768x431, 384K)

Some people in my family are thieving niggers, reading is one of the signs you might be worth holding up

i love handhelds but always play them at home
not having to stare at the tv and lay in any position i like is king

What is this creature and why is it wearing glasses upside down

Attached: 1555114927166.jpg (480x480, 17K)

Portability? No, the picture you're using is
>On-the-go
>At Home
Not
>Docked
>Portable
I could still use it as a handheld while at home, like taking a shit, or laying in bed.

Do you guys think if NOA had power over the Nintendo games that were made that they would shove political shit in it?

different user, you're a fag

The Switch fails at being a portable and a console desu.
Too big, cumbersome, shit controllers, poor performance, shit battery.

I can't really think of the Switch being anything other than "oh neat, a game I played X years ago on a tiny screen!" and then just playing the better version of it on my PS4/Xbox/PC.

Its amazing how useless the console is, it probably is my least used console of all time.

Imagine being so lazy that you can't even move your fat carcass in front of a video game device.

They already do. Link dressing as a girl is a political statement to cross dressing being acceptable, and hes literally a faggot elf.

>too big
>tiny screen
Make up your mind, nigger.

Maybe you should learn to read, they are describing two different situations you fucking retard.

Don't be such a stupid, nigger. Either it's too big or it isn't, you retarded motherfucker.

I could never focus enough on a handheld outside my home. It is way too hard. I thought I would be interested in playing the switch portable at home, but I would much rather play it on the big screen with a better controller. It's neat but nothing more.

75% of the people at my job use a backpack, pretty much any job that gives you a laptop people are gonna use backpacks

R-E-T-A-R-D

N-I-G-G-E-R

No the problem is that the switch is to god damn big. It cant even fit in my pocket.

I don't want to play console games when I'm out and about. I want quick nothings that take up time or low intensity games that can be paused and not played for an hour without forgetting where you were.

that's not how portable works you nigger

I ALWAYS have my backpack when I leave the house. It has everything I need to survive if some disaster happens.

Do you NOT see the gray in that guy's hair? He's obviously from a time where dentists readily used that type of filling.

>Play 3DS in front of my boss
>She gets mad as fuck
>Cant do shit to me because I made it part of my contract that I get to do play games or surf the net all I want when my work is done

NO NO NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING, DRONE? YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUN! DO MORE WORK! DO EVEN MORE WORK! I WILL FIND WORK FOR YOU TO DO NOOOOOOO

If they are not willing to state their opinion to my face their opinion is not worth considering.

I literally have only played my Switch undocked once and that was because of a power outage, so it never even left the house.

Smashers don't use fight sticks, you weeb.