Let's settle this once and for all

Single pov or multiple povs?

Attached: characters.jpg (2880x1800, 317K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RrwOIjq2tRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends
Next.

Single

Attached: image.jpg (1172x1165, 109K)

But Franklin was bretty cool

Attached: Franklin_Clinton_portrait_Enchanced_version.PNG.png (800x800, 1.21M)

Single pov Arthur is way better than all 3 of them

Without franklin it could be miles better.there was no need to a bridge pov between two of them.

Lmfao thinking he was the worst character there. Anyone who likes trevor is underaged

Single POV with Michael, 2 standalone DLC titles with Franklin and Trevor similar to EFLC would have made GTA V god tier.
The game ended way too fucking abruptly with every knot being tied at once, the finale just felt really rushed.

i really can't understand the appreciation he gets.he was really boring and slavy things got boring really fast

It would be even better idea if GTA was less linear in missions approach. They didn't really utilize that feature in terms of gameplay.

>tfw the way they talked about pulling Heists in the promo material sounded like we could tackle jobs all across the city in dozens of places ranging from small stores to high security areas at our own will
>tfw the real heists were all linear as fuck with the only real choice being if you wanted a non-shit team member to take a lesser cut/the opposite or going one of two ways on a job (of which there were only like 6 actual heists with half of them netting you no money at all)
They should have just made it into a full heisting game and dropped all the lame GTA missions inbetween.

Attached: image.jpg (676x551, 32K)

GTA Online heists are fun but plagued by everything else about GTA Online.

Single so long as there's fast travel options in the game like subways, taxis, airports, etc. Multi if it's a map like GTAV where half of it is just a long highway loop with a giant mountain in the middle and it's tedious as fuck to get anywhere

They would be more fun without all those garbage setup missions, even the setups in the single player were way better since it was just simple quick shit like stealing a van from a low security warehouse, whereas Online's have ridiculous ones like attacking convoys or taking out all the guards in a facility to get the access code to the building just for a $25K take at most.
Doesn't help that they have those retarded limited life counters for Hard which means the whole thing fails if one idiot dies.

As long as they don't change the fucking clothes i put them

Why no singleplayer story Expansion

Such a waste of a larger cast

I think the important thing is to make characters and a game world that are actually interesting

>generic rich cuck who "has it all" but also his family hates him
>generic black guy trying to get out of the hood
>PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>all running around a soulless empty city with nothing to do but kill people and drive around while these boring characters have the most banal conversations

It just the classic case of 'new x gets released so we have to shit on it while praising old x'.
When GTA 6 comes out, anons here will whine about it while reminiscing about the good old days of GTA 5 characters.

This

>Micheal is shitty Tommy try hard, cant replicate the good stuff from Tommy
>Trevor is for children and XDSOWEIRD
>Franklin is the first based nigger character

Really, I was instantly ready to hate Franklin just because he was black, but in the game they somehow didn't make him was I expected.
Not that he's unique etc but at least he isn't a 100% wack job stereotype.

He was a nigger that only half nigged

The only advantage of multiple characters I can think of was if you got stuck in the middle of nowhere you could just switch instead of walking.

Both with more than 100 missions and different cities.

this

none of V's protags were even half as interesting as niko

He had the same motivation as CJ but with none of the charisma.

I like Trevor and I am not underaged.

>michael
>tryhard
did you even played the game? all he wanted is to make movies, not own the city
And franklin is even more boring than CJ

Yes, Michael was shit, just because they tried way to hard to make him good. It was such an obvious attempt it felt completely shallow.

Franklin might be more boring to you but if think CJ is better you just like niggerdom.

There's nothing inherently better or worse about either approach. What most people in this thread are voting is if they liked GTA V or not, but that doesn't mean shit. It's just one game.

Oh yes, I just love listening some depressing slav whine about home country and war for 50 hours

maybe try taking videogames less seriously especially when the game itself isn't serious

They realized they could make free money with online microtransactions so they put all their effort into that instead.

His sense of humor gradually develops as the game goes on and he becomes more familiar with the city. It’s really good character building.

Honestly, I liked this. It was a neat touch of immersion and sometimes they wore cool outfits. I can understand why people don’t like it, and maybe there should be an option whether you want this on or off. But I thought it was a cool touch that gave some life to the game

I liked having multiple POVs.
That said, I don't think they should necessarily do it for every future installment.

Also, did anyone else feel like the "Kill Michael" ending felt like it had the most work on it? Especially compared to the "Kill Trevor" ending. That ending was just "Chase trevor in a car, then shoot him when he's down"

The Kill Michael ending had a car chase, a on foot cat and mouse chase in the oil rig, then the cutscene fight between Franklin and Michael that even had a pseudo choice at the end. And it bookended the story well. The story starts with Michael selling out his friend to save his own skin and ends with Franklin selling out his mentor to save his skin, with him repeating a line Michael said to him earlier in the game.

It certainly felt more climactic than the everyone lives ending which was a big shootout then 3 solo assassinations followed by a long drive, and then that's the end of the story.

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=RrwOIjq2tRQ

Attached: 357373373.jpg (1024x1317, 465K)

Hey

Attached: RomanBellic-GTAIV.png (317x412, 225K)

Multiple IF they made them more interesting, cause V's protags are so fucking boring

I liked it. Always fun to switch and see them in a different situation. Would be better if they had very different abilities instead of just the mundane special abilities they have. I also would have liked to see significant differences in side missions depending on which character does them.

But overall I think it worked. It was kind of cool in missions how you could sometimes select to be the driver or the one shooting

man i need to replay this, GTA IV with a realistic gun sounds mod is so fun

I wonder if It was supposed to be the true ending of the game. There’s a lot of dramatic irony in how Michael betrayed Trevor and was willing to let him die so he could “get out”, just to have the same thing happen to him when Franklin wants a way out. It’s sort of a really dramatic way to end his arc, but maybe they found it too sad so they added multiple endings.

Yeah, that's kinda what I suspected.

Also considering you have free roam after, they didn't want to lock players out of character specific side missions.

t. Brainlet

Multiple stories with different protagonists that tie together for a grand finale.

That was a big issue with me for GTA5's group ending. The raid on the house should have been a big group effort, swapping between characters, taking out guards, busting into the house.

But instead Franklin and Michael are off elsewhere doing their things, and Trevor takes out the final enemy all by himself.

And then you just drive for like 10 minutes, nobody chasing you, nothing actually happening, just driving. Who thought that was the way to wrap up your big story?

It was a real letdown. The Michael ending felt much more satisfying narratively.

GTA 4 had multiple protagonists

multiple

even michael was better, and michael was an unlikable, maudlin faggot

Now here's what I'm thinking.
>3 protagonists
>Instead of being buddies like Michael/Trevor/Franklin, they're all three separate guys with their own issues/affiliations and they NEVER meet or acquaint themselves with each other
>Instead, they'll be like the Liberty City DLC trio and happen to cross paths but never formally meet
>Each protagonist's missions, actions, and decisions affect and can fuck over the other protagonists
>The story basically progresses depending on which protag you favor or make certain choices with
>If you play favorites and your choices favor ONE protag, he gets a happy ending while the others may get killed or supremely fucked over in an ending
>If you play somewhat equally with the three, then the three get bittersweet, maybe less-than-ideal endings

I don’t even know why the gangsters and Chinese were part of the story.

I just realized that GTA does fast travel in pretty clever ways. You can do this, or take the taxi, but the games don’t have straight up fast travel on a map.

DLC