Just started UNIST

-For the sake of the Internet, are there any characters I should AVOID maining? (be it design, playstyle/gimmicks, or over-saturation?)

Attached: maxresdefault1-1.jpg (1280x720, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1pMuiRdTNt76n18CUg_DgYEhJcYdJP0eSpcIuTRtZ4UM/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=QDz8YU1gwq4
boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/255222616/vg/255222616
youtu.be/Kc79aHnRu7I
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha92kr_A6zQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Avoid Mika.

Play who you like no matter what, in any game. People will complain about anything anyway.

Play whoever you like. Just put in the time to learn your main.

Attached: 1555533480310.gif (100x100, 24K)

Yuzu is far too technical for most people, that's about it.

probably one of the best examples of a "play who you like" game.

Attached: Phonon happy.jpg (1578x1985, 350K)

also prolonged Yuzu play has shown a correlation to decreased brain function in other parts of your life.

Makes enough sense.
I just don't want to put in the effort to learn how someone works, then find out they're the worst to go against online.

>the worst to go against online.
so do you mean you don't want people whining when you beat them as in "that character's so cheap they're the worst to fight against"?

Oh, I'm aware that'll happen regardless.

But some characters are objectively more tedious to fight against. Like Smash 4. Thought it would be fun to main Puff. But every battle I entered with someone else as Puff was so long and drawn out, and usually ended with an unsatisfying rest or something.
-After that, I just felt bad playing as him, and kinda stopped.

well you might not want to learn Phonon then. I don't think she's actually like that, but some people really hate fighting against her. The other zoners would probably be like that too, but most of them are so rare people actually don't complain too much about fighting them.

Is there a guide somewhere for her?
I've messed around with her a little bit but I feel like I'm missing something that will make me do a lot better.

PLAY VATS

SHE FUN AND BEST

Attached: vat idle.gif (247x352, 69K)

If your goal is to avoid being campy then avoid Phonon, Vatista, or Hilda.
Just remember that normal fighting games are much more standardized than something like smash. It's always frustrating going against a strong zoner if you lack the tools, but the game gives everyone a way of getting in eventually. Something like smash where everyone has different movement abilities mean characters like puff can be lame without much contest depending on the character.

Alright, yeah, good to know.
UNIST does seem like a more open fighter than most (or at least slightly less toxic).
I'll play around with the roster, see where I wind up.
Thanks!

docs.google.com/document/d/1pMuiRdTNt76n18CUg_DgYEhJcYdJP0eSpcIuTRtZ4UM/edit

This has a breakdown of every character

Is UNIST another anime combo game? I prefer fighting games with more focus on the neutral rather than corner pressure and combos.

Kind of
I would say that it has more of a grounded neutral focus than other anime games but it still has longer combos and pressure than something like Street Fighter.

How is it compared to Persona 4 Arena or FighterZ?
I just hate getting caught in combos and waiting till the opponent finishes their shit. I also hate remembering long ass combos.

The combos and pressure are kind of long and very dangerous, but you have to play neutral to get that situation. It doesn't have a traditional airdash so the neutral isn't like typical anime fighters.

Depends on what you consider long. Decent combos range from 5-10 seconds long, with varying input complexity.

Attached: 1559020674013.png (1024x667, 550K)

then you probably won't like it. Here's some random gameplay just judge it for yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=QDz8YU1gwq4

Attached: Vatista Bomb.jpg (2880x1920, 230K)

You won't like it, combos range from long to really long and the game is based around taking turns with pressure. People will tell you it's anime street fighter but they don't know shit.

even "anime street fighter" would still ultimately be an anime game. just because it isn't a 1 to 1 SF2 clone doesn't mean it isn't the anime game that most resembles Street fighter.

The only similarity is no air block, nothing else resembles it in any meaningful way. It's just a phrase that people parrot.

Play Akatsuki and pretend you're good at the game because you can do a qcb.
like I do

gbfv is what youre looking for

Why

never fall for the "choose the easiest beginner character" meme
if you want to play the game, pick who like the best and invest time in gettin good. playing favorites is the ultimate motivator

Attached: 12.jpg (760x926, 122K)

Play whomever you want. There are no bad characters and people who think tier lists matter in UNIST are retarded.

Attached: 1554356264816.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>tfw I thought Yuzu was really cool and wanted to play when I first picked this game up.

Now I am a Linne shitter

Attached: 1362825272841.gif (512x288, 1.3M)

CHESTO

there is a general for this if anyoen cares
boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/255222616/vg/255222616

I do not like this picture. It's smug aura mocks me.

Is it still worth getting into?
I really want to go to a tournament sometime, but it seems unist just peaked
I started with Chaos and best theme wind girl; game is really fun

>but it seems unist just peaked
It isn't even close to peaking yet.

I tried getting into this game twice, but ended up quitting both times.
Can't find a character I like, maybe next game.

Attached: 1553129779608.png (418x362, 338K)

It'll peak with evo. The new version will probably suck.

Mika is fun as shit though. Don't listen to this guy OP.

Attached: __mika_under_night_in_birth_drawn_by_es_shinda_hitomi__1aeaf18ddca1e442964e6338839de043.png (1652x1500, 614K)

If it follows the footsteps of Melty, it'll peak after Evo. That's assuming the community fails to learn the lessons from Melty's success with Evo.

>doesn't know how to directly link to a post
Anyways, I've sworn off /vg/.

This but with Carmine

Attached: 1543627375493.jpg (519x470, 29K)

>are there any characters I should AVOID maining?

Avoid characters that don't appeal to you

there are some sprite concepts from french that could be in the pipeline for the new uni game

Attached: Adelheid.png (272x242, 76K)

Exclusively play one character that you think looks cool and then abandon them when you find one that actually fits your playstyle. That's what I do for every game

She looks cool and all, but so does Hilda. However I refuse to play a zoner because I loathe that sort of playstyle.
Besides her, I liked yuzuriha, and she's also a far range character. And she requires a bunch of execution requirements.
Phonon is the only other appealing character, but guess what! She's also a zoner.

I tried playing Wagner and Hyde, but they're too bland and I do not care for them so I lost motivation and stopped.

Attached: 1529747603761.png (230x440, 7K)

That's what I am afraid of. I lost my local fighting buddy and was just drifting between games.
I am ready to commit again and want to decide between Unist and Guilty Gear, since those work nicely with SteamPlay

Attached: oldur__the_time_mender_by_clunse-daipap1.png (2541x2322, 539K)

but wagner is best girl you fucking idiot

Attached: 1533758243234.jpg (900x900, 136K)

Why is this turbofag talking about smash bros

some special snowflakes think smash is a fighting game

this dude is so likely to show up hes got character select art
but i bet he'll be another zoner!

Attached: P-londrekia.png (1450x1760, 852K)

I don't play sissy boys, sorry user.

No she is not.

Yes she is, you underestimate how bad the average fg player is at execution

She is but I'd argue only if you're starting the game with minimal fighting game experience in general.

You know what, you are right. But with enough determination and regular practice(you don't need to go extra crazy) anyone can play whoever they like.

There's no general guide like Redblade's Wagner guide if that's what you're asking

youtu.be/Kc79aHnRu7I
There's this if you're unfamiliar with how her stance works. The channel makes a lot of good Yuzu videos in general

>I feel like I'm missing something that will make me do a lot better.
Is there anything in particular you're looking for? There's not really a secret that'll make the character magically click besides lots of playtime and practice

>There's no general guide like Redblade's Wagner guide if that's what you're asking
>Redblade does an entire two hour Wagner video
>most other US players make five second one hundred word guides and call it a day

Whoops, didn't mean to reply

Arge did a 2 hour livestream tutorial on Wald. Some things were so tight I'd have never believed them to be possible to do were it not for him doing them.

Thanks, this helps a lot.
I wasn't really using the stance very effectively but it looks like these videos will help me out.

Is there some kind of usage rate list?
I really dislike playing one of the 3 most used

Top 3 was like Phonon, Hyde, and I forget.

I'm pretty sure Tatsuman was third

thanks, anons
I guess I just play wind girl for the jamming tunes
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha92kr_A6zQ

Attached: XD fagit.png (1018x936, 605K)