I'd like a legitimate reason for why you shouldn't be allowed to say nigger, or any "offensive word", via in-game chat...

I'd like a legitimate reason for why you shouldn't be allowed to say nigger, or any "offensive word", via in-game chat. Or at the very least community servers for the game.

This thread isn't an excuse to cry about black people or politics, save for maybe free speech.

Attached: 1553270281856.jpg (2327x2980, 984K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VmvX7Ezekps
youtube.com/watch?v=qTlyeEhCPFw&t=3m0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it upsets normalfags who might transition into whales

Attached: 1531408109670.png (320x302, 141K)

>getting mad at video games

Attached: 1555057472872.jpg (480x640, 12K)

I think i'm gonna say it...

There isnt one

Because watching people get mad over not being able to say nigger is way more fun than saying nigger.

Nice clown logic

>lol u mad it's illegal to hurt my feelings?

There are other ways people can express themselves other than language. You might not prefer those other ways.

Attached: 1558250352075.png (824x684, 350K)

yh ok faggot you're like 5'3 come at me dood
stay seething

Attached: 1559454376570.jpg (472x482, 44K)

SJWs and such

not him but i could probably kick your cunt in

Can you post more smug girls?

Human decency.

How come the mongoloids who get mad they can’t be spastics in video game chats never know what free speech actually means. Are Americans just incredibly uneducated?

>why you shouldn't
It's often against the rules
>why it is a rule
It offends people.

>waaah waah I cant say nigger and faggot online waah

not being social trash

when was the last time you saw your own legs without laying down

I'll see what I got.

Attached: 1553724696497.jpg (267x279, 45K)

Rent free

There should at least be a toggle option.

>Press x to give a fuck what people say

Because it alienates returning customers, you dip. How are they going to be buying lootboxes when this autistic fagola in the chat is deepthroating the mic and singing about dangling niggers from their entrails off of the nearest spic-planted tree.

right now, i'm not fat at all

youtu.be/VmvX7Ezekps

Funny example from professional Tekken player Nicholas Fuentes

Imagine being such a sad salty cunt that you spend all day making the same crybaby posts at getting banned over acting like a retard. Perhaps it is you who is the true nigger

video games

It scares off the investors and stock holders if your game is associated with 14 year olds calling people niggers.

Hey, that's not fair. We manlets know we're not going to fight anyone, that user is probably a fatass who thinks that's the same as being strong.

Obese

Free speech means you can not go censored

But you can get punished. Banning people is fine. Censoring swastikas, words or body expression is not.

It seems to me that if people stopped getting upset over the word "nigger" then it would no longer hold any power.

Attached: granny.png (384x252, 199K)

Boomer investors

Attached: 888.jpg (500x534, 42K)

for the same reason that if you come over to my house and start spouting your faggotry I am allowed to kick you out, and it has nothing to do with free speech.

games are boring as fuck when people get banned for everything

/thread

It'd be nice if multiplayer games still allowed for community servers on top of official ones though, so every type of person has their own tailored community they can visit instead of cramming a whole bunch of random people who probably won't get along together in one server, but normalfags are also too retarded to figure out they can just leave and join a better server if there's too many obscenities for them.

Attached: 1483832136_Tumblr_n3bvc6c20e1rrftcdo1_500.gif (500x500, 80K)

The developer of a game can dictate what behavior they consider acceptable on their servers, which is fucking gay but that's the way it be when you rely entirely on fucking matchmaking. Here's the thing though, these studios will NEVER show you the banned word list because it would involve defining the useless term "toxic". Remember when ubisoft added insta-kicks to rainbow six siege for words like fag and nigger but when people said "okay fine, what else is on the kick list so we don't cross the line on accident" it was never made public and eventually they had to change the word filter system from auto kicks to certain flagged words. To my understanding they still haven't shown a concrete list of words they consider unsavory
I'm losing track though, this all goes back to this idea of a "toxic community" which is a term studios like to throw around a lot and incidentally by trying to remove players they consider toxic from their servers they have only created absolute breeding grounds for "muh toxicity" by making the servers and matchmaking all studio controlled and most matches become a temporary experience, you'll never encounter these players again. Sure you can't say "nigger" but you also don't have any reason to be polite to them either. It's also an ideal stomping ground for kids trying to grief and harass players for youtube videos because by the time a report makes it to the studio in charge and gets reviewed, the kid fucking around has already done this to 15 other matches when a community controlled server would have banned him already

Attached: 79bdea224229d57983d518ca66e32f2f.jpg (1000x1000, 348K)

sneed

if a company thinks it will even potentially effect their bottom line

it will be banned

Adding onto this, it's the reason most (if not all) games don't offer community server options anymore. They want you to play on their server with their rules.

Attached: 1551187773850.webm (800x428, 781K)

On the bright side, if you haven't played any games with this type of matchmaking "one server/ruleset for all" shit it doesn't look like you're missing out on much. There haven't been too many recent multiplayer games that seem too interesting unless your a normalfag/e-sportfag.

Do correct me if I'm wrong though, I wouldn't mind some more vidya recommendations.

I'm still playing TF2 because nothing else even comes close sadly

Because you might get banned for saying it

You’ll get ban. It’s their servers. Your question is on par about complaining why a store won’t service you if you come in mostly naked.

I liked his 40-hit combo with Armor King

youtube.com/watch?v=qTlyeEhCPFw&t=3m0s

Big reason you don’t see community shit anymore is they get blamed either way.
>it’s a private server
>well why did you give them that?
>we didn’t give them anyt-
>YOU ENABLED NAZIS!
>36 headlines company X supports hate speech
>all because one kid said nigger in a private server chat

Outcry culture is just digital witch hunts

>stupid fragile sensibilities faggot goes into a server he knows will upset him on purpose instead of his "RULES : 1. NO RACISM 2. HAVE FUN :))" server
>this is the rest of the worlds fault
I can't wait for everyone on this fucking planet to die. I'm so glad we won't leave this planet

sure you can go into a clothing store and start yelling nigger but the store is allowed to get security and force you to leave dumbass

i wonder if tripwire's next game will get rid of community servers, since they added an in-game server kick vote that lets you use reasons like "toxic" and they filter words like "retarded" i'm guessing they'll want to kill all the fun of these games.

kys

>There are other ways people can express themselves other than language
then why do you care so much about not being allowed to say n*igger lmao

When was the last time you heard a white person randomly screaming nigger in a department store?

You're so intellectually dishonest with your arguments it's pretty pathetic.

Attached: 1559538673167.jpg (850x400, 112K)

Look at you censoring yourself. Who are you fooling?

forgot to mention i'm talkign about rising storm 2

Grow up you angsty cunt

>comparing the response to someone screaming "nigger" in a game to the probable response to someone screaming "nigger" in a department store
>he thinks people actually have to scream "nigger" in department stores with regularity for the analogy to work
You need a better understanding of analogies.

You hyper-conformist worm. Go play your shitty gay indie walking simulator.

Attached: 1556237890480.png (640x480, 413K)

f*ucking n*igger

go hang out in your own server, fuckface

I mean you can even get banned in FUCKING Yea Forums for write nigger.

Because you wouldn't say it to my face

Because it's an offensive word.
Sorry if they're not as edgy as you nolifes.

>Why you shouldn't
Because devs don't want people to sperg around with their product

If I want to make a joke at the expense of a primative new Guinea tribe, in a fucking online game, why should I be punished for it?

Attached: 1553458985696m.jpg (824x1024, 99K)

I hope you’re still a teenage you melodramatic pussy

unfortunately that mentality has infected film too

>Why don't companies let me offend the rest of the consumer base!!! waah!
Gee I wonder

Why do whites lose their minds when you tell them they shouldn’t say certain words?

because you're a whiny little baby and whiny little babies get smacked bottoms

>Thinking restaurants of any value besides TGIFridays works that way
Go to a real restaurant amerifat.

why do you get upset at words not even directed to you?

Lmao there already is in most multiplayer videogames. It's called the mute button.

Free speech in the American context is premised on the time, place and manner of the speech. You don't have permission to say whatever you please, wherever you please. Your ability to determine the correct time, place and manner for your speech can also be limited by an agreement you make with someone else. You would likely not be able say nigger at your job, or at your school.

Your free speech rights are not being offended when you're filtered for a ToS violation by being an autistic newfag piece of shit who can't go through life without spouting memes.

My genetics are no good.
I'm very sensitive about my compromised DNA so I'm going to go ahead and make all references to human biology illegal.

Play games with me so I can pretend I am not a monstrosity.

Attached: article-2337807-1A3501BD000005DC-793_634x817.jpg (634x817, 71K)

Ok bitchnigga, you asked for this

Attached: 1448412554231.jpg (316x239, 17K)

most players are too fucking stupid to use that on their own
>ubisoft puts a voice mute and a text mute button in the scoreboard
>still needs a chat filter

a lot of people get tricked into semantics with stuff like "should nigger be removed from common language", because its more viewed from the point of linguistics, censure of discourse, or conspiracy theories on the far spectrums. people forget that its almost completely a moral question.

i dont believe language/common tongue should be censored at all. how would you explain the horrors of history without being able to say the name of the horror?
HOWEVER, if you are an empatethic person with moral values and a feeling of connection for your fellow man, you just dont use words like nigger, spic, kike, whatever. its a matter of character much more than linguistics.

I'm not the one putting "things that I find offensive" into law.

Attached: 1559500837564.jpg (960x960, 181K)

the day we lose our ability to freely say "nigger" in a game... is the day we give up on our freedom

Attached: 2znqwshc2s411.jpg (1600x900, 124K)

So how is banning people different to censorship?

go back

>logic
shut up you lil faggot nerd go read a boom about logic if you are so smart

One can be heard by others at the moment. The other is never heard?

>go read a boom

Attached: 907D9A75-4283-40A6-A8AC-4D8A09E02017-1296-000001C2FC1D3E27.jpg (307x309, 18K)

Saying nigger is just the tip of the iceberg you retarded gangweeder. Shit can get hundreds of times worse than not being able to be a edgy kid yelling slurs if we keep going down.

Ah shit another nerd.

Attached: FB_IMG_1559489998928.jpg (1079x1431, 103K)

The game company usually owns and runs the servers nowadays and they can do whatever they want with them

banning only happenson individual platforms. freedom of expression is not restricted in any way when it happens. on the contrary, the person who bans you expresses THEIR freedom of expression by going "i dont like to see that here".

Leftist mental gymnastics. Next, he'll say freedom of speech only applies to governments and then he'll say "IT DOESN'T MEAN FREEDOM FROM CONSEQUENCES" like the low IQ pinko mongrel he is.

Leftists don't understand that they're creating an environment where all forms of honest communication are being discouraged.

What people find "offensive" is completely subjective. Having your bank account and llivelihood taken away for the vague crime of "offensive language" basically makes you a slave.

Attached: 1554540732101.jpg (1024x512, 71K)

Attached: 1546105128767.jpg (680x536, 139K)

It's really just about being polite. White people saying nigger offends black people for a pretty fucking good reason. Maybe you should be asking yourself what is it about yourself that makes you refuse to have a basic level of consideration and understanding for other people. Of course you're trying to turn it into a freedom of speech issue, and of course you brought it here where other teenagers come to say naughty words where they can't get in trouble. "Golly gee, I wish I could say nigger at people when gaming because I have unresolved anger issues." It's not even a creative insult, you just want to use it because it's a naughty word and you're an extremely boring person.

gets it

>Maybe you should be asking yourself what is it about yourself that makes you refuse to have a basic level of consideration and understanding for other people.

I have no interest in mollycoddling people who treat a single word as if I was invoking the name of fucking Voldemort in the halls of Hogwarts. I have no equivalent. Why do you get the privilege of policing language?

Attached: 1544383713215.jpg (480x480, 69K)

>the person who bans you expresses THEIR freedom of expression by going "i dont like to see that here".
That's just censorship you inbred mongolian.
And if you don't like what you see you can just mute or block them and it's something online games have since last decade or even more.

you are being a whiny baby though

>they can do whatever they want, goy

But they can't express any anti-zog, anti-gay, or pro-white opinions or we'll shut them down. :^)

Attached: D1UOrioU0AAR3WF.png (620x543, 440K)

I can't say nigger online because a nigger stole my tv and consoles.

>playing games with my black friend from Louisiana
>I'm from Texas so we both dial up the accents to eleven when we're playing a game with VOIP
>GAWD DANG YOU FUKKAN SHULDA STAYED ON DA PORCH AMIGO
>OH LAWD WHITE BOY TINK HE GUD? SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIET NIGGA HOL UP
>COME AT ME SPOOK JUS DONT EXPECT ME TO GO EASY ON YA I DONT FEEL THA WHITE MANS BUHRDEN HAW
>CRACKAH ASS CRACKAH SHIIIIET WHY DONT YA GO CUDDLE YUH SISTAH SUM OOOOOOOEEEEE
>WATTDAYA SAY ABOUT MY SISTAH? YOU FUKKEN COON I WILL FIND YOU
>YOU CROSS DAT WATAH YA GUNNA BE FLOATIN IN DAT WATAH WHITEY
Sometimes we just keep pushing it. 100 times out of 100, I am banned first.

Attached: white-men-cant-jump.jpg (1000x563, 527K)

>loses argument
>triples down

Attached: 1553572881182.jpg (130x234, 6K)

>privilege
>even being civil is now a 'privilege'
aaaaaaaaaasteroid when

kys

Little kids crying on their mics offend me deeply to the point that I literally can't even ignore them or mute them
Should I report them and get them banned too?

The left has many Voldemort terms these days.

>Little kids crying on their mics arouse me deeply to the point that I literally can't even play the game because I'm masturbating.
ftfy

if 90% of people mute someone whose message they dont like, is it effectively censorship?

the word censorship itself has a huge boogieman quality at v. it almost invokes a 1984 blanketed control of discourse, when censorship always applies in the context of a single platform.

>Fapping to shrieking kids
Dude that's fucking gay

Attached: tenor.gif (498x199, 478K)

>being civil

>controlling what strangers say

Any pretense of you being an actual human is lost when you fail to see obvious hypocrisies like this. I try to give you subhuman mud monsters the benefit of the doubt and then you go ahead and say shit like this.

You have zero self awareness.

>is a whiny baby
>can't stop whining despite """winning"""

Attached: 1536731658248.jpg (320x454, 74K)

That's fine, you're being extreme in order to have fun. Wanting to say nigger because you're an angry teenager is what's fucking stupid.

Personally muting someone is not censorship. Einstein. Do you think people cease to exist when you no longer see or hear them?

Nobody is complaining about being muted on a personal level you monkey.

Attached: 1554398471327.jpg (676x800, 79K)

It's not about privilege, it's about not being a fucking cunt. You have the right to say it, you're just going to be shamed by people who know better. Nigger isn't even a good insult, only teenagers think it is.

>if 90% of people mute someone whose message they dont like, is it effectively censorship?
No, because muting them is the same as going past a bunch of evangelicals saying God hates fags and instead of dealing with their bullshit you just ignore them or check your phone. Meanwhile censorship would be demand that they get shut down and (if we want to make a full analogy to videogames) denied complete access to that place, just for saying no-no words
Also, how do you know if that is the percentage of people pissed of by somebody unless a votekick happens? Specially considering that, unlike votekicking, reporting for toxic behaviour requieres just one person

>saying nigger isnt extreme in order to have fun

Thats what it was until you faggots started taking it as seriously as possible. And I'm not talking about internet "nazis" when I say you faggots.

Attached: 1548114758544.jpg (372x372, 32K)

its a shame that the political spectrum is
becoming so far-ist on both sides.

on the left, people are abandoning figures of science and rationality for feelgood narratives and using originally unifying movements like metoo like an assault rifle.

on the right, people are getting tricked by shysters like trump, losing their shit about transgenders and gays while becoming increasingly conservative about issues like climate change.

If they're playing a game they aren't old enough to legally play, yes

Holy fucking shit, this nigger ALMOST had an epiphany. ALMOST! So goddamn close, holy shit.

Attached: 9897972-old-technology-and-wasting-electricity-burned-out-light-bulb.jpg (866x1300, 72K)

That isn't always the case and you fucking know it. You even had to ignore the last part of my post in order to make this reply.

All I know is that I played Counterstrike 1.6 as a kid and called people faggots and niggers all the time and nobody seemed to care until Obama-era liberals got on their soap box.

Let people say what they want and have fun you hall monitor goon.

Attached: HarshMetallicAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif (446x251, 437K)

Real talk, how many miles of dick have been up your butt?

people dont stop existing when they're censored either. if i got a ticket for saying bad things, nothing would stop me from saying it again.

of course, we might be talking about different types of censorship here.
im thinking more about the official style banning thing, like an authority deems that you cannot say something. maybe you are thinking more about the kind-of conspiracy theory gangstalking style of excommunication.

>i should be allowed to say nigger when im mad
>this is an somehow an epiphany
How do you fail at understanding context so fucking hard? Joking around is one thing, using the word angrily as an insult is completely different. Learning disabilities are hard, huh.

I'm sure some people cared, they just didn't care about you.

You never had friends growing up, did you? I got bad news, locker room banter is a very real thing.

Attached: locker-room-banter.jpg (600x182, 69K)

Since you're now out of argument I rest my fucking case. Get dunked on, brainlet.

>Nigger is a terrible word that nobody should ever say.

>But if black people say it, it's fine because blacks are niggers

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 35K)

accurate

Do you know who gets offended by the word "cunt"? Cunts.

Why is the word nigger so important to you that you're willing to disregard logic in order to defend its use? Re-evaluate your life.

Attached: article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408.jpg (634x408, 54K)

this

i don't insult people in online games, it's still funner when people can say whatever they want. i'm amazed that there are cunts on fucking Yea Forums who think otherwise.

>That isn't always the case
Its almost always the case, America isnt swamped with unironic white supremacists

I haven't seen any logic from you. Construct your argument better.

Attached: logic-24-728.jpg (728x546, 87K)

this leads to the style of "eventually nigger was said so much it lost all meaning and everyone could say it happily ever after" utopistic thinking. sadly, it literally is utopistic; having no words to offend anyone is a pipe dream.

this also applies in reverse. even in the current sometimes hair-trigger world of discourse, a literal inability to offend someone will never happen.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk this up to hysterical blindness on your part.

Oh, shit, the philosophy major showed up. Everyone bail.

No because you people that cared we're still in diapers

Here's a cheat sheet. Improve your argument.
Nah, I took Logic as an elective and the advanced to replace a math course.

Attached: 92f5a078dfa6df674ba256e84175b949.jpg (448x900, 70K)

Sensitive redditcucks fuck off from Yea Forums you've already pozzed it enough

So typical of the type of pseud that tries to defend saying nigger.

I guess it offends people or something.
But why don't they just have an option to filter all the offensive words and stuff? I know that at least a game or two has something like that.
Or better yet stop giving fuck what random people say in some stupid video game. Works everytime.

virtual social space communication is managed by corporations that make up the rules, you are chatting on their house, so they make the rules and can ban you from their spaces for it
reality is moderated by the people living it, and its illegal for somebody else to ban you from life

i like how kind of nice points have to be peppered with harsh words on v lol. maybe a platform where calling someone a niggerfag kike dog is almost a greeting isnt the best place to talk about the semantics of offensive language

Attached: C223DAFB-C071-4460-ABD8-6D07AD41D251-1479-000002BA1FF342D2.jpg (997x995, 204K)

>getting mad at words other people say

Attached: 1549844252779.gif (400x323, 1004K)

Have dialate

kys

>There are other ways people can express themselves other than language. You might not prefer those other ways.
KEK
E
K

sheep

Have sheer

>Resorts to trolling to desperately hold on to what little control he had over the argument

>pseud

Attached: img10453.jpg (600x341, 20K)

Nobody is stopping you from saying it. The ones running the space you say it in do get to apply consequences though. Because it's their space. Scream nigger all you want in your space. Your home, car, whatever. And even then you can't press into the space of others nor can they to you. So megaphoning "nigger" at 3am in an apartment then getting arrested isn't violating your free speech. None of the freedoms we hold are in a vacuum. They end when infringing on someone else.

If it was violating free speech it would change. It won't. Keep in mind our rights are something we hold to as a society, not individuals. We made them up and we get to alter them but only as a collective. You won't get the collective to say you have more right to be a fucking asshole than the rest of us have the right to enjoy our entertainment.

But the core thing is that the space isn't yours. Go buy a website and have at it.

>nolifes
cope you normalfag

So your argument is that economics should supercede any argument made on the basis of morality or the interests of any citizen?

Attached: 1559569364653m.jpg (1024x793, 75K)

Numales ITT

Attached: 1541735691888m.jpg (428x1024, 66K)

*AHEM*

Attached: 1524191098137.jpg (225x225, 13K)

>So megaphoning "nigger" at 3am in an apartment then getting arrested isn't violating your free speech
Imagine living in such a dystopian country that you get arrested, not fined or denounced by the neighbours but fucking arrested, for megaphoning a single word at 3am.
FFS, worse shit goes under the radar every single day and sometimes involving disturbing the sleep of others.

lame distraction there with the old "worse things happen every day so this is inconsequential!"

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t nigger/negro the way people used to call black slaves? Saying it nowadays when said people aren’t slaves no more serves only to recall an era in which owing slaves was considered normal, and owning people as if they were commodities is wrong, at least to the majority of people.

This could litterally be used for anons that want to talk about government and politics on a vidya board instead of the political board

It upsets normalfags which makes them quit which results in emptier servers or slower matchmaking

Disturbance of the Peace can give you a year in jail user

Please kick me, senpai

So you think it's reasonable to outright arrest a guy for screaming nigger at 3am, while give at most a warning to a bunch of noisy teens making a party?
If it's continuous, and obviously after your neighbours denounce you, but even in that case arresting him before the trial seems excessive without any more context.

bad PR and would turn away a decent sized customer base

Because 'that offends me' is equivalent to 'that should not be allowed'. It's no more complicated than that.

Attached: 1411479699561.jpg (600x449, 201K)

game servers are private property and the owners are free to ban whoever they want
>inb4 low IQ pinko mongrel
take it up with whoever wrote your constitution

I'd like a legitimate reason for why I shouldn't be allowed to say nigger, or any "offensive word, to mom. Just give me a fucking reason. ANSWER ME DAD YOU DOUBLE NIGGER OR I SWEAR I WILL KILL MOM

Attached: watch-out-for-who-you-have-sex-with_o_2129019.jpg (640x732, 242K)

>Nigger isn't even a good insult

If a single word can make an entire ethnicity so butthurt that 53% of its targets get violent upon hearing it, it's probably the most effective insult ever conceived.

Attached: 1551546997277.jpg (307x449, 51K)

niggers get mad, normals and low iq morals get mad

even if you say it ironically and in good fun they get mad

it's not up to me or you lmao

game severs are ran by private companies who don't want you saying those words. So play a different game or make your own game

Attached: unknown.png (120x120, 23K)

I’ve only seen white people get mad at that word .

>Makes blacks and some whites mad
Even better

there isn't any. if one extreme is allowed, any should be.

Because money

fucking wypipo corny as hell stay mad while i fuck yall daughter

Attached: 7545899B-FD02-43DC-9619-AAC38BC2EFF3.jpg (400x400, 98K)

>Implying these incells have daughters (or sex at all)

it's not about people taking offense...

its about how we all know you only want to say these words because you're not face to face with these people... you can't get knocked out over the internet.

it's like how people get emboldened to tailgate and flip people off in the safety of their vehicles, but wouldn't walk directly behind someone and flip them off on foot... because you have to actually answer for that.

you just want to upset people from the safety of your bedroom and there is nothing more childlike than that.

have sexual intercourse

I have. which is why I don't give a shit if I can't say nigger while I play video games. what about you, why does it trouble you so much?

So it actually makes mad not only the 53% but the 56%. Truly, a power word.

>food analogy

Attached: 1459231868234i.jpg (690x800, 301K)