What on earth were they thinking with this character?

What on earth were they thinking with this character?
>+50 Attack/Defense
>one shots most units early game, have to stop everything and invest nearly all your resources to take her out in just about any unit she's placed in
>if she builds enough meter its gg
For a game that's relatively well balanced compared to the shitshow that was the earlier Advance Wars games they had to go full retard with at least one non-boss CO.

Attached: 53-17-56.png (512x768, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CaHEWdv2Gw0
youtube.com/watch?v=vH5-H3_5ISY
youtube.com/watch?v=lV-ULQEsdcg
youtube.com/watch?v=ItlMzEvf7Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=oY9IDhJ5c0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_HJbtbqjCu4
youtube.com/watch?v=v-L_DWrfgD8
youtube.com/watch?v=KdsPxC5g5Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=x_DnoAVp7YM
youtube.com/watch?v=9FQckZCSa2c
youtube.com/watch?v=5a1bFQLvXq0&t=125s
youtube.com/watch?v=svu2Vaf7NiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

IIRC tabitha isn't even that good because she has no CO zone until she starts charging her meter which she can only do in her CO unit, so you can cripple her with weaker units

outclassed by her sister lmbo

>CO Zone: 0
All you need to know as to why you're a retard.

Tabitha is bad but nowhere near as bad as the og shitter.

Attached: 1af87a21d8d3a6cb7b61ac8772e75f85.jpg (600x1050, 62K)

WHEN THE FUCK ARE WE GETTING A NEW AW

Attached: aw1.jpg (800x478, 111K)

>put her in a tank, becomes a discount war tank but with high mobility
>builds at least one bar, now everything around her is a rape machine
>two bars, enough to charge in with a fleet and steamroll everything
If you're actually stupid enough to use Firestorm she's literally unstoppable.

4 months ago
it was good but there wasn't enough in it.

She was my favorite to play. She's hard to get rolling but once she starts it's hard to deal with her. I would slap her in an anti-tank, since they tended to be a little harder to kill without dumping units in.

I'm really sad that Wargroove didn't go for something like this considering they have COs as a default unit walking around the playing field. Although to be fair, i'm sad about a lot of things in Wargroove. It's unfortunate that Nintendo doesn't care much about this IP now that Fire Emblem has proven to be much easier to design. Chucklefish really dropped the ball.

Attached: ID46eVU.gif (295x221, 2.97M)

She is basically a Female sturm.

I haven't played Wargroove, what went wrong?

Attached: wargroove.0.jpg (1200x800, 164K)

>Enemy focuses units at the Tabitha tank
>You don't get to build any bar from counterattacking because of her 0 CO zone but still have to take damage
>Forced to retreat it and heal while the opponent gets to smack your otherwise completely average army with their improved units and continue charging their bar because they have an actual CO zone

Where are the friggin mod tools

I remember "competitive" AW on this game, it was determined that Tabitha was balanced if you had airports

everyone is sleeping on the TRUE top tier of the game seriously though, his co power takes games for free

Attached: 525525-waylon.jpg (320x320, 12K)

>implying a single OP unit is strong in mechflood the game the meta
you're just begging her to get baited and murdered by a swarm of indirects
you might have a point if you said an air unit but those have their own problems as well and then you might just play Waylon instead

It's not groovy at all.

I like all four Advance Wars game equally :-)

Attached: 1313193678184.png (438x469, 18K)

>AW1 + Black Hole Rising
Soul
>AWDS and DOR
Soulless

I think Gage might be cooler than Grit.

Attached: Gage.png (300x549, 136K)

in one word: chucklefish
in more words: the devs are probably just lazy and inexperienced. it took them more than a month to release a QoL patch and by that time everyone was bored of the game and constant pikespam with support from Nuru dropping well-calculated trebuchets right on the frontline.

>smelly fujo bait
>A real man's man

I wouldn't say 'wrong', it just wasn't good enough to fill the void left by Nintendo's indifference. COs don't really add anything to the game, the multiplayer is kinda dead because of how unbalanced the weather and map designs were, war room is replaced by a puzzle mode you complete in an hour and then never look at again, story mode is a whole lot of nothing, character designs are a little boring with theme songs to reflect that. It's just bland.

The only interesting idea on offer was a crit system where each unit had a way to amp their damage if certain criteria were met(standing on high-defense terrain, attacking without moving, etc). Ultimately I think it was poorly implemented, the 'mech infantry' unit was especially galling. With some more thought put into it, I think it could have been an interesting way to add some mechanical depth to a unit. Maybe instead of just increased damage, they could have altered how far a unit can move, or improve their retaliation strength, make terrain harder to move through, etc.

>tfw we will never get the OST in not shit DS quality
It hurts so fucking much, I love this game's music so much

youtube.com/watch?v=CaHEWdv2Gw0
youtube.com/watch?v=vH5-H3_5ISY
youtube.com/watch?v=lV-ULQEsdcg
youtube.com/watch?v=ItlMzEvf7Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=oY9IDhJ5c0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_HJbtbqjCu4
youtube.com/watch?v=v-L_DWrfgD8

>That CO Power Theme

Goddamn that is hype

Attached: yeahboi.png (256x256, 168K)

But DOR has the superior waifus

Attached: lin.jpg (376x566, 52K)

Git gud Scrub.

"No!"

Attached: jess.jpg (650x1100, 71K)

>With theme songs that reflect that

This was the secret sauce of AW for me. I was totally new to the genre but the music kept me hanging through the longest battles. Are there any other tactics games with catchy osts?

I've been playing Tasha more lately since copter rushes are fun as fuck. Her theme is severely underrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=KdsPxC5g5Uw

I actually hate it. It's so blaring and noisy.

What would have his stats/CO power have been Yea Forums?

Attached: the beast.jpg (236x318, 15K)

>Waylon Flies Again
That mission took me like an hour and a half to beat the first time around.

Attached: spbbd.gif (356x400, 2M)

Any defeated unit in his zone is raped and produces a unit of his own color on the same square

Yggdra Union

That chapter wasn't hard at all, just build anti-airs early on and protect Tasha's units, Waylon will shit himself and idle until his airforce starts running out of fuel and starts getting reckless. The real problem chapter was pic related.
>introduce CO zone/powers when actually utilizing that mechanic here will get you fucked
>you have to protect an ally with all the intelligence of a headless chicken
>just overall poor, hyper gimmicky level with none of the fun

Attached: aw.jpg (1024x384, 72K)

CO power is garbage
Resetting your death zone to zero is full retard and should never be done ever

All IDS COs are shit

Thats not even the good CO theme...

youtube.com/watch?v=x_DnoAVp7YM

In the spirit of having somewhat underwhelming CO powers like with everyone in DoR
>Loot and Plunder: Reduces the ammo/fuel of all enemy units by half

Worse day-to-day, no CO unit variety, crit conditions lead to more samey skirmishes

nice pencil

when they find a way to add FE support talks

Attached: man of reason advance wars.png (337x320, 44K)

>COs can date and have children
>children inherit both parent's d2d abilities
I can already feel the cancer

Attached: 1359100268872.gif (177x150, 1.74M)

How are the co powers underwhelming? Not being instant win buttons is a huge improvement in game play.

Cos like Grayson are super fucking strong. Same with Penny and Gage

I still think units of IDS COs should of had different sprites.

never forget

>Nintendo's Hitoshi Yamagami - who worked as producer on three Advance Wars titles, including the last entry, 2008's Days of Ruin - said he'd be keen to return to the series. The problem, though, is how it could assimilate one of Fire Emblem's most popular features - the relationship-building that takes place on the battlefield.

>"Personally, I'd love to do Advance Wars, but since it's harder to create relationships between its characters compared to Fire Emblem, I don't have a clear idea of what kind of setting it could have," Yamagami told Eurogamer.

Really, though, who doesn't want to see two MD tanks get it on in order to make a little baby MD tank?

>Intelligent Systems, at least, seems just as keen to return to the series. "The Advance Wars series is one that I personally have a lot of interest in," said Masahiro Higuchi, a producer on Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and a contributor to 2001's Advance Wars. "I hear some of the staff here saying that they want to make one too, so if we have a chance it's something I'd like to do!"

Attached: 1545776278012 advance wars.gif (395x543, 56K)

Just as long as one of those COs I can date is Tabitha.

Muh nigga.
youtube.com/watch?v=9FQckZCSa2c

Greyfield requires an enormous amount of uncontested momentum for Supply Chain to be useful, and it's really only good for a massive seaplane rush. Penny is kind of the same, except you're never sure what you're gonna get and rain can fuck you over if you were planning a push. I'll give you Gage though, but Will and Tasha's +2 movement are hilariously useless.
I'm not arguing for broken CO powers, but they really could use some tuning

What if AW goes the custom MC route and lets you create a CO? You can choose what gimmick your CO has, like those add-ons in Dual Strike.

Oh shit nigger, IS called you and asked you what you want for the next AW. Do you pick

>A sequel to Dual Strike
>A sequel to Dark Conflict/Days of Ruin
>A new series entirerly

Attached: sami_AW_01.jpg (728x973, 321K)

Isabella is is practically a better Will. Too bad you barely get to use her.

She is main character CO, yet you Never ever use during the campaign.

Used him and kambi online

Days of Ruin please, the darker tone was actually a breath of fresh air.

Attached: comic92.jpg (650x994, 121K)

>Sturm’s CO power is dropping a meteor that kills off 99% of a units health
>In days of ruin starts with a mentor storm killing 99% of the worlds population
What did IS mean by this?

pls explain to a shitter how you’re supposed to beat DoR’s final map without following a guide. Not even Meteor Man threw this much bullshit.

I actually want to see a prequel to days of ruin that takes place before the word ended.

Rush the objectives as fast as you can. The longer the fight takes, the more likely you are to lose.

Attached: AW_Tasha_01.jpg (592x905, 95K)

Focus capturing the com towers and invest all your resources into bombing the shit out of the cannons. Some of it is luck too, if Caulder himself gets in a unit and manages to reach you just restart.

>build a shitload of higher-tier units early to build a defensive position the enemy can't challenge and win the early game rush for resources
>stockpile for the fucking reckoning
All it took to beat me was a smart tactical strike or a blitzkrieg but people see the one Md tank and forget that without power of money Colin's units are pretty shitty and bitch out

No wonder his alt outfit looks like this.

Attached: eaglent.png (256x192, 10K)

>game is ELEVEN years old
>has been pretty much solved for at least seven
>people are still hyping up the shitty scrubslayer

Attached: AW4 mayor 5.png (512x384, 50K)

A sequel to Dual Strike. Sturm's brother comes from space to get revenge. Bring back the primary colours that trivialise war.

>A sequel to Dual Strike
>A sequel to Dark Conflict/Days of Ruin
A sequel to both, at the same time.

>11 years later
>i'm still trying to run Forsythe

Attached: forsythe.jpg (758x568, 85K)

>All IDS COs
You take that back.

Attached: Penny cop.jpg (212x64, 10K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5a1bFQLvXq0&t=125s

the best

Attached: Vietnam_war_early_years (1).jpg (1600x1047, 160K)

As long as they realize this is not Fire Emblem, and they ramp up the combat banter to 11, I'm fine.

Penny would be so much better with one simple change, let her choose which weather effect to use with her power.

>put this bad boy in a duster/AT gun
>win
turns out the strongest power was not have any power at all

but it's current IS
don't expect it

You'd also have to buff rain and snow so people would actually choose them.
>snow doubles movement costs like it did on GBA
>penny completely ignores fog when it's caused by rain

I agree that her and Gage's themes are underrated. But the same could be said about DoR as a whole.

Fuck I remember having to redo this one so damn often because either the AI let itself die on purpose or RNG screwed me out of destroying the meteors by like 1 point and it gave Waylon a chance to fuck me over. 0/10, worst map next to the one where you fight endless reinforments on the airship.

That was actually a hilarious power with Drake, completely shut down aircraft on long range missions. Not great on small maps though.

Was this game rushed? Why were there only two yellow COs? This motherfucker, Cyrus and the raider guy could have all easily been playable.

Attached: f572a46216245e2eb4d327cf6bd0b169.jpg (600x950, 64K)

she'd fit right in with that kind of theme

Attached: 0505c41db33bfd5233eda31c010063a9.jpg (1024x800, 83K)

I fucking loved Dual Strike. It was crazy broken but in a fun way, tons of skills and combinations. And if you try to coast through the campaign it whips out something crazy like Crystal Calamity and you get fucked.

DoR was still good but dumping a bucket of grim and gritty post-apocalyptic mud over Advance Wars' colorful festival of destruction was the dumbest decision. The bright, cheerful style is easily one of the series' strongest points. It was less broken than DS, but I didn't feel it was balanced enough to make up for the loss of content. And don't get me started on the fucking Chaikas.

Honestly, I'm thinking option 3. Or maybe a timeskip so we can get a new generation of COs. From AW to BHR and DS they just kept adding more and more COs/powers/units/mechanics, and while that's awesome it's basically unsustainable from a balance and design perspective. I'd dial that down to a manageable level for both devs and players. I just want it to be as vibrant as the original series.

I wish there was a modding scene that would re-tool and balance the older games kind of like the smashfags had with Project M.

Tabitha is my favorite CO and after playing her extensively, she's balanced.
Unironically git gud

youtube.com/watch?v=svu2Vaf7NiY
Still mad he was a temp unit.

yeah. that was weird. same with Isabella not playable in story

would not surprise me

Attached: 1545747174876 advance wars.jpg (600x600, 146K)

Are there any good military/tactical AW-esque games that isn't fantasy based? Fire Emblem is the scourge of the genre.

Attached: tiny metal.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

War of the Human Tanks
Don't expect AW though.

I would say mostly because the artstyle
nobody wants to play as a young girl that looks like a granny
seriously, the designs for most of the COs are such a turn off

My only gripe with DoR is the fact that you only have two designs for each unit instead of the usual 5.