Can play Wii games

>Can play Wii games
>Has the soul version of games that are soullesly ported to the Switch with worse controls like Captain Toad
>Free online

Wii U fucking rocks, i genuinely feel bad for those who don’t own it, like the 3DS with the DS family of systems, the Wii U is the ultimate Wii console.

Attached: 5377DF29-F7AC-4D86-ACDC-D37EDC4AAF30.jpg (1200x800, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiiu.hacks.guide/
amazon.com/Samsung-BAR-Plus-64GB-MUF-128BE3/dp/B07BPHN7LV/
youtube.com/watch?v=8TuK4-ZzeSw
gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/
youtube.com/watch?v=uGRsIBRFNjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah glad I with with a wii U

The ps4 still has only 3 games that interest me.

Its pretty nifty for playing the entire gamecube library natively on a modern TV without input lag or searching for ridiculously expensive cables

worst console ive ever bought, W101 and Bayo2 didn’t salvage it

How hard is it to hack compared to the original?

Takes like 10 minutes

Making my wii u into a freeshop archive was one of the best decisions i've ever made

Wii U is a lot like the Vita in that even if it's exclusive library isn't too much it has enough else going for it to make it worthwhile.
Whereas the Vita gets bonus points for the build quality and screen, Wii U gets them from pretty much flawlessly emulation of NES, SNES, N64, GBA and NDS. Add native Wii and GC support into the mix and you got a killer system. With CFW and Nintendont it became my go-to Ninty console.
Bringing it to my bros E3 party this year so we can play some Mario Retardy and Warioware.

Also XBX and W101 were fucking fantastic, and the multiplayer in SM3DW was a blast as well.
Pic related was fun as well even if Game and Wario is largely shit.

Piss easy even on latest firmware.
wiiu.hacks.guide/
There's also a program called Wii U USB Helper that's a super convenient frontend for downloading Wii U/Wii/VC games akin to NoPayStation for Vita. Even sets up the directories for you.

Attached: sketch.jpg (1014x942, 116K)

Was there anything good on the Wii U like Zangeki no Reginleiv that was never translated?

Will I lose anything after hacking it?

No

your virginity after stacey sees your pimped out mario machine

Are there any websites that still work for image uploading on WiiU?

Is there any screenshot CFW?

No. You can use the same USB storage you're already using for legit games for CFW shit. You just need an SD card to transfer the games and then you install them to USB/Sys memory using WUP installer.
Also, you can't have the GC games for nintendont on the same USB as the Wii U shit, but you CAN have them on the same SD card. I play them off the 128GB SD I use to install shit and it works perfectly with nintendont. I guess the GC games are small enough not to take a hit from SD speed limits.

>le soul
>>>/reddit/

Attached: get_fucked_retard.jpg (1024x733, 99K)

You forgot you have to pay someone to mod your gamecube since NTSC Gamecube systems do not natively support RGB like the PS1 & PS2.

>controllers are well made and don't break after 10 hours of gaming

crazy what you take for granted

Oh, so games don't work too well off SD cards?

How do you mod in support for Gamecube games again?
I wanna make sure I'm not using some retarded 3rd worlder's guide.

>Gamepad is made of pure Nintendium
>Pro controller has a great d-pad and 80 hour battery life.

Meanwhile the Joycons break extremely easy and the Switch pro controller is horrible, the d-pad is a sad joke and the face buttons feel awful.

Did Nintendo finaly run of out Nintendium? Looks like they used their last batch on the New 3DS and Wii U.

I haven't tried anything but GC off SD since the Loadiine days before full CFW was a thing, but loadtimes were notably longer and some games didn't work.
Now that we can use USBs there's no reason not to. The setup I noted with SD for GC and one big USB for everything else is the best way to go.

>flawlessly emulation of NES, SNES, N64

Is what with cfw emulators or did nintendo ever fix anything? Because WiiU VC was goddamn awful.

Hold on, is there a way to play gamecube discs on the Wii U? Or is it digital only? I’m asking if i can hack my Wii U to read original Gamecube games.

The USB I used died, so I just the spare SD cards these days.

My Gamepad got all gunked up and doesn't work right anymore. RIP. Besides, I have a homwbrewed Wii with a bunch of GC + Wii titles on it. Can't the Wii U not even play GC games?

>Has the soul version of games that are soullesly ported to the Switch with worse controls like Captain Toad
You’re an idiot

>soul version of games that are soullesly ported to the Switch
kek

There was never any Nintendium, Yamauchi and Iwata just held the company to a higher standard than Kimishima and Furukawam, who both focused on cost cutting

bought one for 100 bucks very happy with it
anyone got a essential games or hidden gems list? i dont wanny miss anything

t. seething switch drone

>anyone got a essential games
Its essential games are the ones that were ported to the Switch already, the only exception being Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Why are they so expensive.

Aside from dim colors it's fine.
Admittedly I never played SNES or NES on Wii U but N64 is good.

Not discs, unfortunately.

Just get this: amazon.com/Samsung-BAR-Plus-64GB-MUF-128BE3/dp/B07BPHN7LV/
It's what I use, less than $20 to play any game you want is a fair deal.

All I can think of is
>Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
>Bayonetta 2
>Xenoblade X
>Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
>Wonderful 101
>Mario Kart 8
>Super Mario 3D World
>Smash Bros
>Rayman Legends
>Pokken
>Splatoon
>the Zelda games
But about a third of those are better on Switch if you own one.

Most of the guides I'm finding right not are just to install it to the vWii interface, which isn't ideal. If you use a forwarder to install it to the Wii U menu you can use the gamepad as a screen/controller, which is the way to go.
It looks like someone compiled an installation of the forwarder and put it on Wii U USB Helper though, fwiw.

Attached: Capture.png (661x572, 69K)

Cope harder.

>anons on this board actually bought a PS4 or Xbone instead of a Wii U
>the played the same AAA season pass, microtransaction, rarely 60fps, barely 1080p, usually needing a 20GB disc install and 20GB day 1 patch, shovelware ever year while Wii U got 1 to 3 great exclusives every year

Not that user, but nigga I'm using Wii Component cable, not GayLGBT.

Forgot Mario 3D world, one of the top 3 mario ever (with 64 and mario world)

You can add paper mario and yoshi wooly world to the user lists

RGB is objectively the best way to play everything before the 7th gen.
>Component cable
Nigga, Vagrant Story on a Sony PVM with RGB cables looks like alian technology, it’s literally too good to be true.

Attached: 8A54478E-B39A-4C2F-BB1A-C45676FA48A3.jpg (300x268, 12K)

Paper Mario Color Splash

Attached: 0A58D79D-E6A6-4F1B-9FC5-07DD4D1D0D78.jpg (534x332, 31K)

i only get nintendont to work on the vWii but then it doesnt recognize any controllers
the forwarder just gives me a blackscreen

Sorry I honestly can't remember how I did it its been a year or two.

I used found a wii u vc injector that had options for wii and gc injections, but I can't remember what it was called. If it helps, I found it on gbatemp so try searching around there I suppose. I will say that, despite generally being able to play games in any region, I had issues with injecting wii games from other regions (but any GCN title I tried worked fine for me regardless of region)

Sorry bruhbruh, too busy playing Wii U, Wii, and cube games at a crisp and colorful 1080i on a 55" LCD.

I think this was the guide I used
youtube.com/watch?v=8TuK4-ZzeSw

Yikes! Might as well go full subhuman and emulate everything on PC.

gbatemp are faggots as usual some stuff got deleted by the authors because the fear the ninjas

Wii U is the Vita of consoles.

Not an insult btw

Anyone? Honestly not that interested in piracy or emulators, I just want screenshots again.

What's the best way to inject NDS roms on this thing?

I've been using tinypic ever since imgur stopped working with wii u; just upload the images straight through the browser.

>Can't do 240p
It was SO close to being the perfect emulation box.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Still waiting for some mad man to make it possible for me to use the WiiU gamepad on switch. I mean just the controller.

Isn't it weird nobody has backwards designed how to display shit on the screen? It's just WAN display. We should be able to project out phones or switches onto the thing or something

>Have pc
>Better than wee u in every way
>For the price of wii u have vita and dsi so I can play actually good games on the go
Yeah great investment buddy

gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

Make sure you let it download nintendont and write a config file on your SD (might need some checkboxes ticked in order to work properly, I don't remember but it was easy to figure out on your own) . Then install the game with wupinstaller and it should work.

>Being poor and having to settle
Kek

Best home console of current generation.

Attached: U games.png (3000x816, 2.13M)

I have a PC and a Wii U, on PC it unfortunately still isn't possible to play every Wii/GCN game flawlessly so my Wii U is still my go-to for most gamecube and wii games.

What was that game that was suppose to come out during Iwata's final direct with like, 4 people co-op online raiding Mayan tombs & Egyptian crypts....did I imagine this game? Someone help me out here.

Attached: 1.jpg (918x712, 191K)

>anyone got a essential games or hidden gems list?
Devil's Third
Wonderful 101
#TMS
Color Splash
Xenoblade X
Fatal Frame V
Original Splatoon

Attached: 20160222000256.png (1920x1080, 2.92M)

>Also, you can't have the GC games for nintendont on the same USB as the Wii U shit
You can if you use

Lost Raiders... Or Loose Riders... maybe Last Reavers... Something like that.

Attached: LR1.png (500x684, 503K)

lost reavers. It came out and it was crap

I know what you mean and it was FTP and absolute shit apparently. Just shut down as well. Might've been called Lost Raiders or something.

Is Devil's Third actually any good? Looked pretty shit to be honest.
Still disappointed Yakuza 1 & 2 never got a translation and that Rainbow Curse had shit gameplay despite having the best graphics and music in the series.

Devil's Third is trash.
The people that claim it was good are those that own it because they're Wii U collectors (hoarders) and want the value of their game to skyrocket since they didn't produce that many of the physical copies.
Don't be fooled. They're the same kind of people that call trash "hidden gems"

>Is Devil's Third actually any good?
Yes. This is the most unique exclusive of 8th generation:
youtube.com/watch?v=uGRsIBRFNjM

Attached: DT5.png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

A shame about a fuckton of Nintendo Treehouse censored games and region lock on the console.

>censored games
Wii U generation is the lewdest one.
Even with couple of altered swimsuits.

Attached: Oh Nintendo.jpg (2400x3500, 3.27M)

Attached: Mira planet.jpg (4000x3930, 3.51M)

Yes, out of the three it was the best one.

Sadly Nintendo killed it when they should've rebranded it.

Attached: PMCS.jpg (2370x4000, 3.42M)

Only your virginity.

>has to post pics from japanese versions
Why do you even argue with me?

It's a fucking beautiful game.

But has horrible gameplay.

Reading comprehension?
>altered couple of swimsuits

Attached: nd-2.png (1500x1691, 3.75M)

One game with Fatlus dub and cherrypicked pics, nice.
Go on and post pics from Treehouse version of XCX like this one has

Only Lyn swimsuits were altered. Wonder why?

Attached: 20170130204903.png (1920x1080, 3.6M)

he's pretty much right, XCX censorship amounted to some swimsuit changes for lyn, 1 other outfit being censored, and boob slider being removed. To this day I find it bizarre that Yea Forums went apeshit over it especially since it was easy as piss to patch it back in as barely anything was censored and other games got away with far worse censorship.

I played toad on both, the motion controls on the gamepad were bullshit. Yeah having a cursor on the screen with switch is annoying, but in handheld mode the game is better on switch

does wiiu version of toad get kino co-op gf mode? no? then fuck off

Attached: Captain-Toad-Treasure-Tracker_02-13-19.jpg (600x338, 184K)

What about the translation censoring away all references to Christianity and subsequently the references to the older games?

>Wonder why?
I don't know. Why do you have to alter swimsuits on a fucking robot with uploaded consciousness of a fucking grandma?

Only thing I cared about is how they changed the BLADE acronym to something other than Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipators and Dolls became Skells. But honestly those aren't big deals imo. Just like the name changes in XB2, some sound better in English but others lost meaning as a result.

>censoring away all references to Christianity
the game still references christianity, there's even a chapel in NLA with several quests relating to it, and Hope is clearly a very religious character. What was censored there?
yeah, that's a change for cultural reasons not a censorship thing - like how Princess Toadstool being Peach, that sort of thing.

Lyn swimsuits were obvious pedoscum bait, which is only allowed in Japan.

Attached: 20160202211717.png (1920x1080, 872K)

Why don't you post the wedding dress?

Were there any entertaining weeb games that weren't localized?

Taiko no Tatsujin if you count that I guess. Don't know of any others myself.

It was recolored. It also was the most boring and basic suit and song of Tsubasa.

Attached: kiria_wall.png (1920x1080, 2.12M)

Anything mecha? I know there were a couple gundam games on the Wii that were enjoyable. Even those mediocre Kamen Rider fighters were great fanservice games.

For the anons itt who have nintendont installed, what controllers are compatible?
I have the forwarder so I've been using the gamepad for single player games but I've been wondering if any other controllers work so I can play some F-Zero GX with a friend.

Attached: download (1).jpg (1024x768, 604K)

bumpan