So will we ever get DMC 6 or not?

So will we ever get DMC 6 or not?

Attached: 73b854a6c097c499edebf21702498686a2c2c219.jpg (616x353, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In 11 years.

Attached: D8I-4GzV4AE_sEM.jpg orig.jpg (3840x2160, 727K)

See you in 10 years kid.

I'm sure you'll get a credible answer here just a handful of months after the last game's release, OP.

Ill be happier if Kamiya can just remake the first DMC and Itsuno can finally stop shilling his donutsteels.

Attached: 1550858552715.png (428x448, 194K)

If we get DMC6 I hope there's only one playable character and that he's completely new.

>tfw we're not getting Vergil DLC announced this E3
>tfw I'm expecting it anyway

Attached: 1555216915995.jpg (1000x563, 111K)

Why are people only interested in the next thing?

You're in a hurry, 5 just came out. We still need vergil and SE to go through.

Hopefully not if it looks like this shit fuck the realism shit off & make use of your artists & STYLE again.

There was some really worrying casualised, streamlined handholding design in 5 as well as the fact that every new system they added was absolute shit all the shit like movement & devilbreakers that needed to be fixed with mods (& holy fuck V is the worst character ever. what were they thinking?)
and the game looked disgusting.

doesn't exactly instill confidence.

Absolutely plebeian.

Attached: D7rrjUpW4AAAoyg.webm (480x270, 2.93M)

E3 is the only place they can announce it if we ever do get it, that's why I'm hoping we get an announcement this year so we won't have to wait for a special edition.

Kamiya doesn't want to remake DMC1 idiot, he hated the horror atmosphere in the first place, that's why no other game he has made since has it.

V takes some getting used to. Also you have to get good.

Hes already expressed interest in remaking DMC, VJ and an Okami sequel, so you are incorrect. Suck it nerd.

Attached: 1545704639389.png (400x359, 120K)

>SHOULD'VE BEEN ME TO FEEL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIGHT.
No thanks, 1 had the worst writing outside of 2. Just like current Bayonetta does.

Nah, you're the pleb here.
5 had
>awful art
>garbage soundtrack
>absolutely terrible story
>nonexistent level design
>V
I'll never understand people who write this garbage. How does getting better at the game fix the soundtrack, story or graphics? There's nothing about 'getting used to V'. He's more limited than Nero and feels way worse than him, because of the fact that you're controlling minions and not fighting by yourself. All attacks feel delayed and playing him doesn't feel satisfying at all. In many situations you can just mash to get through every encounter. His bossfights are the worst in the game too, because he simply doesn't have the options other characters do.

user, you just have a shit taste. Tho I agree on V.

Never gets old
youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk

Oh i'm really Good at V. I never even get hit & it does't matter what buttons i press because he has the depth of a kiddie pool. launcher into stabbing with swoops and royal fork finish all you want that's about as complex as you'll get with the fucker and you still wont have more fun than just mashing.

& when enemies come attack me If I just keep dodging to the side I become completely invincible with no break in i-frames because the people who designed this character are fucking retards.

I want a remake of 1 just to hear Reuben saying that.

next gen is coming. buy DMC5:SE with playable Vergil, and extra Trish + Lady missions DLC when it comes. maybe then Capcom will think about it.

>muh cringe culture
I'm sorry genuinity and emotions get you all spooked up faggot. How about you go back to your bang bang woohoos with Dante and Nero demonfighting doing 720 kickflip aerial blackflip mctwists into limosines while drinking a martini and getting absolutely cuhrayzee bout it.

Attached: 1551427326421.jpg (421x624, 109K)

Based

Attached: 1552481100536.jpg (495x455, 39K)

I understand opinions and different tastes, but
How can you pretend that the soundtrack was good? There were like 3 good tracks and everything else was unfitting/forgettable.
Dynamic themes didn't even work in like half of the stages.
Tell me what did you like about the story? It had like 2 good moments and everything else was filler.
Levels were mostly just corridors filled with enemies leading to arenas filled with enemies. I don't really mind, because I was never a fan of puzzles in DMC, but they're very boring. Latter half of the game feels like running through 1 stage back and forth, because of how similar everyhting is.
I can understand liking the new art direction. Realism is not inherently bad, but there's something off about the way DMC5 did it. Everyone's faces look very, very weird. Vergil's outfit looks like cosplay.

Itsuno will spend 3 years on DD2 then make DMC6

LMAO, Dante has showed emotions in most of the games, in 3 and in 5 he shows emotions.
>bad hilarious dialogue = genuinity and emotions.
Nah it's just bad dialogue. Hell you're taken more out of the serious emotional moment specifically because it's laughable. Your comment seems more geared towards DMC4, that's the game where Dante and Nero were all wohoo. Infact I missed that in DMC5, we only really got to see DMC4 Dante and Nero in "multiplayer" missions when they would banter with each other, in cutscenes they spent so much time antagonizing each other that every scene with them was a catfight. And we never really got pic related in DMC5. Hopefully a DMC6 goes back to that. Whoever was in charge of them fighting for most of the game can suck a fat dick. My only gripe with 5.

Attached: wp3004820.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

Nah

Attached: 1517057203330.jpg (643x820, 80K)

>genuinity and emotions
That scene? it was just cringe bruh. Power rangers level cringe.

Do not reply to bait, this the same nigga that's been posting the triggered dmc1 threads and gets btfo'd every time.

i would be happy even if it didnt
DMC V is perfect. If it stoped here i would be fine with it

Bait, cringe, that's a yikes from me bro. shit taste. jinkies.

Are you really THAT upset about Nero?

I'd go deeper, Kingdom Hearts cringe. First game was really one of the main reasons Gow's first title hit bigger in the west, people were turned off by the cringy animu dialogue in dmc1, put them off the rest of the series.

Yeah.
5SE between EOY 2019 or 2020 and DMC6 in 2021-2023

Of course, cuz.....

Attached: 83993.gif (268x350, 2.63M)

Itsuno is working on DD2 right now. 5SE will likely come during that game's dev cycle, probably directed by Okabe while Itsuno just supervises from over at his DD2 team. 5SE might be launch window for next-gen, with DD2 dropping the following year. Then, DMC6 starts development, but it may be under Okabe instead of Itsuno, while Itsuno winds down with a smaller-scale title (hopefully a fighting game).

It's my favorite DMC but it's not perfect. You can feel them running out of money in the final stretch of the game, hence shorter, simpler Missions after Dante gets Sin DT (the only full-length real level is 15, with Nero's multiple paths and optional Punchline Pro Skater area). The earlier Missions are better examples of linearity with some secrets for the most part; I honestly found V's Missions to have some of the best level design overall because of the need to use your summons to find secrets and hidden paths (there's a completely alternate route in M4 that I'm almost certain 75% of people don't know exist).

Attached: 1513783925036.png (1000x898, 592K)

That's #NotMyDante

Attached: Dante.jpg (682x1159, 176K)

You don't have to fight idiocy with more idiocy, user. DMC1 sold Millions and the hype behind it lead to DMC2 selling better; it was 2 sucking demon cock that lead to 3 doing worse than both previous games at first, until 3SE sold another Million.

It's superior Dante. He would gank the shit out of your pathetic little weeb Dante.

Attached: a205c89accd7bcd5eb8063adf4985192.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

No, 3 did worse because GoW came out literally a month after it's release, and won the head to head battle between hackers.

Attached: Delet.png (612x486, 137K)

I think you're due the newest season of death battles my dude.

Attached: 1559446680198.jpg (640x708, 31K)

Damn nice. Now we need classy V and Vergil for dmc5 noire replay.

Attached: 237-1559570040-926832088.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

>wanting Kamiya to work on a DMC

What's funny is that both Kamiya and Itsuno had similar ideas about going for a realisitc style for DMC5.

Attached: kamiyadmc_2D00_2.png (800x299, 148K)

>Calling 1 Dante weeb Dante while posting Super Saiyan God Dante
All canon Dantes are good except maybe 2 for being broody, but with the current full timeline you can at least understand why.

Attached: 1480718945022.png (474x200, 115K)

.........That bulge, dear sparda.

That's not weeb it's a decepticon you bitch.

Series needs new lifeblood anyway, ways to inject new ideas while still staying DMC at it's core. They already wasted their reboot attempt on an outside force, might as well go back to the originator before hes a skell.

Attached: HALLOWEEN-SKELETON-07-psd70067.png (229x400, 82K)

Weapons Tier List: Special Edition
>top tier
Sparda, Yamato, Beowulf, Kalina Ann, Summon Swords, Red Queen, Blue Rose, Pandora, Overture, Gerbera, Punchline, Buster Arm, Balrog, Dante, Doctor Faust, King Cerberus, Double Kalina Ann

>high tier
Ebony and Ivory, all shotguns, Grenade launcher, Nightmare Beta, Alastor, Rebellion, Cerberus, Agni and Rudra, Gilgamesh, Arbiter, Aquila, Tomboy, Ragtime, Griffon

>mid tier
Ifrit, Submachine guns, rocket launcher, Agni and Rudra, Artemis, Helter Skelter, Shadow, Rawhide, Cavelier

>low tier
Force Edge, All daggers, all thrown weapons, Nevan, Osiris, Eryx, Kablooie, V's cane

>bottom tier
Vendetta, Merciless, Lucifer, Spiral

This meme died the second the game came out and we could actually play it and see how amazing it looks rather than awkward screenshots. F off.

>Dante
Oh for fuck's sake, call it DSD

Attached: D6ZTfTxUYAEPurr.jpg (537x536, 77K)

Are you retarded? The soundtrack is definitely the best in the series. Subhuman is hype as fuck in the game itself, Devil Trigger is the best song in the series, and Crimson Cloud is nuuuuts when it hits S. All of the old songs are here too.

Nah mate, I'd rather get an evolution of what already works instead of someone following trends to make it more "cinematic", whatever he meant by that.

Attached: kamiyadmc_2D00_1.png (798x456, 80K)

I hope not

He was making assumptions on what Capcom would do dipshit.

>bottom tier
>Spiral
FUCK YOU

Attached: 6u1bsig.jpg (983x983, 636K)

Bayonetta was full of QTE's, i'm sure Kamiya LOVED God of War

>Ifrit, A&R, and Cavaliere only Mid
>Gilgamesh above Ifrit
>any DmC weapon above basically that entire Mid Tier in general
>not putting 1 Shotgun a tier above other shotguns and Revenant (DmC shotgun) a tier below for feeling like a limp dick to shoot
>Not ranking Deluxe Edition Breakers
>NEVAN IN FUCKING LOW TIER AND NOT TOP
>SPIRAL IN BOTTOM TIER AND NOT TOP
Don't ever let me catch you posting this shit again.

Attached: 1549064859995.png (280x261, 140K)

kek, you realize Kamiya loves the new protags right? Why else do you think he literally tried to copy paste Nero for Scalebound.

Attached: literally nero.jpg (920x518, 104K)

Holy mother of kek

Microsoft's focus testing for their manufactured highest profits. He really wanted some cute anime girl to be the protag.

Scalebound is so sad. It probably wouldn't have existed if MS didn't flash cash in front of Kamiya that would let him make his dream game, but MS's requirements were the root of the game's demise (even if Platinum puts some of the blame on themselves). It's just a sad state of affairs, and one of many instances of Xbox shitting the bed with exclusives this generation. Remember when they announced a Phantom Dust reboot at E3 that they had already cancelled before the show just because they had the announcement trailer made already?

Cope, Kamiya has been ripping off all the dmc's he hasen't been apart of for a long time, it's noticeable even in Bayo.

Nothing is original, everything is a remix

RIP phantom dust, that could have been a good IP.

Kamiya himself said he played the shit out of DMC4 while developing Bayonetta.

Fucking foreshadowed seven years before

Attached: Screenshot_20190603-105506_Mimi.jpg (421x311, 73K)

Fuck you but thanks for the shot.

>Everyone's faces look very, very weird.
No. Pic related only, is proving you wrong.

Attached: smugvergil.jpg (810x1440, 892K)

Which is noticeable. Bayonetta has Nero's yoink mechanic and his spectral arm aesthetic. Between giving Bayo nero's abilities and trying to outright recreate the character in Scaleboud. It's clear he's a huge fan of Itsuno

Attached: bayo spectral arms.gif (600x338, 2.61M)

If you're going to stay relevant in a space you want to be seen in you have to understand the competition and finds what ideas resonates with you most within it.

Weapons Tier List: Weapons I recognize Edition
Sparda, Yamato, Summoned Swords, Red Queen, Punchline, Balrog, King Cerberus, Double Kalina Ann, DMC 1 Shotgun, Grenade launcher, Alastor, Nevan, Spiral

High
Beowulf, Kalina Ann, Blue Rose, Pandora, Overture, Gerbera, DSD, Dr. Faust, Ebony and Ivory, Coyote, Rebellion, Cerberus, Agni and Rudra, Ifrit, Rawhide, Cavaliere, Shadow

Mid
Nightmare Beta(can't use it on the boss you fight in the most confined space. That might be the intent but it still leaves me never using it), Tomboy, Artemis, Helter Skelter, Force Edge, Lucifer, Griffon

Low
Gilgamesh, Ragtime

DMC1 is loaded with confined spaces. I can tell you nightmare beta is the most broken gun in the game.

Attached: 1550358763173.jpg (1200x986, 174K)

The realistic style is fine. It's the washed-out colors that are the issue.

I heavily disagree, Nero and Dante are the most handsome men capcom has ever designed. Vergil is up there too.

Really? I just remember the bosses having a lot of space. Phantom has two hall fights but he's severely gimped, Nelo Angelo usually has big arenas, same with Griffon who's in a giant open space, and Mundus' only closed spot is gimped too. Maybe against enemies, but I prefer just using the shotgun shuffle if I need a gun because it's quicker, knocks back, and I just prefer swords.