So...

So, what does an indie studio need to do in order to have permission to make games using nintendo (or any other similar properties) characters, settings, etc? Is it still profitable for them? Are we going to start seeing more of this?

Attached: cadence of hyrule.jpg (300x168, 24K)

The Nintendo president said he wanted to make the Nintendo IPs more visible and in the hands of more developers

very interesting. I wonder when other studios like Sega, Sony, etc, will start doing a similar thing.

They just need to make a unique and noteworthy (and fun) game with a world and style where the characters wouldn't feel out of place.
>Are we going to start seeing more of this?
I fucking hope so. I'm so goddamn excited for Cadence it hurts.

they've been listening to all the 'hire this man' request

>I fucking hope so

I think, for example, I'd be very interested in seeing what good indie studios could do with stagnant or dead IP's like Sonic, Chrono Trigger/Cross, etc

Have a successful offering that makes big players consider you for aquisition. Just like any other software development.

>Are we going to start seeing more of this?
i fucking hope not
this tumblr tier artstyle is fucking hideous and a perfect example why nintendo needs complete control over their own ip

>what does an indie studio need to do in order to have permission to make games using nintendo
Be competent and ask?

>this tumblr tier artstyle
You know, this would have more effect if you idiots didn't call everything you didn't like Tumblr.

I wonder how many right now are trying to get their hands on Metroid.

it's just western and cartoonish. Nothing is tumblr tier unless you think noses are tumblr
If i'd critique the designs, i'd rather call them a bit boring

That's exactly my point. Recently people have have throwing it around haphazardly.
Gone are the days of it meaning blocky and ugly art with red noses.

>I'd be very interested in seeing what good indie studios could do with stagnant or dead IP's like Sonic

Attached: sonicmania00_0.png (848x480, 535K)

i dont care about the effect of what i said
Zelda's face is irrefutably fucked up
Link is just a shittily drawn ALBW or ALTTP

it suckin fucks, it fuckin sucks, it fuckin blows, its a piece of shit
and i dont like it

I'm just glad this isn't happening for a franchise I like.

>Chrono Trigger/Cross

please no.

Chrono didn't need a second game.

>Not enjoying top down Zeldas
>Not enjoying necrodancer and hating indies in general
Absolutely horrendous taste user, I'm sorry, there's no saving you.

I think they explained it when Ubisoft made that MarioXRabbids game. It has to be fun and it has to be unique/never been done before.

eat shit tranny

Absolutely not. Nintendo has no idea what they're doing, hiring a soulless business suit for their president is one of the worst decisions they've ever made and exactly why we have to suffer through cheap mobile garbage and indie cash-ins now.

>I fucking hope so. I'm so goddamn excited for Cadence it hurts.

And you're a fucking child who gets excited for anything with his favorite brand attached to it.

>Chrono Trigger/Cross

We actually got a mobile game recently with the people who worked on the Chrono series, not sure what it's called but unfortunately it doesn't look as interesting.

Your forgot weird blotchy skin conditions and body hair.

Attached: 1422885718043.png (1000x1000, 450K)

wasn't it that I Am Sestuna or something like that?

Make a successful game

>this tumblr tier artstyle
It's really more mid 00s weeaboo deviantart than tumblr, but keep saying words without understanding what they mean all you like.

>excited for anything with his favorite brand attached to it
Fucking christ lmao cope with the fact that people enjoy things that you don't. I enjoyed necrodancer and loved every top down zelda as they released.
The hell did I do to you user?

Attached: i-deliberatley-entered-a-thread-full-of-things-that-i-5787722.png (500x459, 23K)

seething tumblrtranny

Does Miyamoto like your game?
>Yes
Here’s the IP bro!
>No
Fuck off

>Tumblr
This is 90’s Capcom Zelda

Underaged memespouter.

If only Game Freak could be "convinced" to hand over Pokemon development to someone who cares

dilating phoneposting tranny

>what does an indie studio need to do

If it's like other industries, it's typically a "don't ask us, we'll ask you" kind of situation.

Typically you can't just knock on Nintendo's door and say "hey I'm thinking about making a Metroid game. Can I?" Nintendo has to be actively looking to farm out development to a 3rd party and that's when they'll start calling up people or maybe if you know a guy who knows a guy, you can get on the list to have someone hear your pitch.

The only way you ever get someone to listen to a cold submission (as in, you out of the blue pitch an idea) is if you're a big-ass name. The entertainment industry works with a series of gatekeepers and unfortunately part of being in these industries is working past those gatekeepers.

>not realizing it was meant for "mobile games" with a cash revenue that leads back to Nintendo
>(You)