Playing with the jap voices

>playing with the jap voices
Don’t do that

Attached: 23E2EB76-F972-4CAA-BDC9-8BFC849F445A.jpg (960x777, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9OVv-J-LXQU
youtube.com/watch?v=OBU3YB47Jmw&t=53
youtube.com/watch?v=s8OUEsz30fM
youtube.com/watch?v=nHd3xfDzTg8
youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA
youtu.be/k1Pohx7o59Y
youtube.com/watch?v=gaH8KmuAn5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=qOQRTsFw1Eo
youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>English voices
>implying that they're always better

Attached: Puyo Puyo.png (320x224, 19K)

I'll play with whichever track is better because I'm not an autist

Attached: POINTING.png (611x560, 280K)

IT'S OVER JAREK

Games should let you pick and choose for each individual character.

The fuck you gonna do nigga?

Japanese is always better, English is always worse.

馬鹿外人草

I played through the entirety of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with the dub and in handheld mode

Has nu-Yea Forums really fucking forgotten the phrase ISHYGDDT???

Attached: 493.jpg (312x435, 37K)

I play suketoudara and enjoy both

>switch voices mid way through the campaign to get a fullish experience of both
>they're both okay
guess the game / series

Attached: 1395803068174.jpg (1208x806, 364K)

don't tell me what to do.

Attached: japanese arthur.png (1914x629, 2.28M)

>Play FE Echoes in Japanese first
>Pretty much every voice is better, except maybe Berkut and Lukas
>Except for one
>And it's Celica
>And her Japanese voice is so horrible to listen to and whiny
Genuinely forced to play in English whenever I want to play it solely because's so prevalent as well.

I used to think this until English VAs started going narcissistic and "woke".

Well shiggydiggy was 8 years ago at its peak, so no, they didn't forget. They never knew.

Echoes has one of the best dubs in the industry.

shiggy diggy scooby doo

I play Japanese games with Jap Voices.

>2011 was 8 years ago

Attached: 1389417775812.png (770x720, 631K)

Why?

>playing with anything but the original audio

Attached: ColossalBS_prog_thumb.gif (400x240, 2.7M)

>posts Arthur because lol muh nostalgia meem points
jasonalexanderwithbat.mkv

>a language that i cant understand is better because i cant understand it!
I'll never understand these autists.

who are you quoting?

This only applies to works with competent writing and voice acting which is not video games.

>an autist calling others autists
like fucking pottery you dumb fucking mexican. You're just upset that video games don't have a taco language because no one gives a fuck about your burrito burrito taco taco dirtspeak. lol

>can't pick up on verbal cues beyond the literal meaning of words
No user, you are the autists

Attached: mgs where.jpg (700x525, 231K)

if you don't think it's worth taking seriously, why play it at all?

Good, keep sucking dick and fuck off.

Attached: 1502127494262.png (173x91, 3K)

Gameplay. Same reason I've been playing them since the nes. And it's not that it's that bad, just that japanese VAs suck and so do english ones, so the difference is minor so I might as well go with what I understand.

LoK is one of the few examples of truly great voice acting.

English VAs are absolute garbage

>English voice directing is absolute garbage
Fixed

Show one example

if americans werent so incompetent I would but alas

youtube.com/watch?v=9OVv-J-LXQU

>mfw ESL adults here insist their local dub was better than the original for western games and TV
it never is

Attached: 1557120920211.jpg (515x515, 50K)

Now post the japanese one for comparison

Pretty much every game that has English voice acting has some shitty British accent. Fuck off I'd rather play the game in fucking Russian than listen to some 40 year old voicing a teenager.

English dubs are literally soulless

Tacos love to consume media in their original language dumbass

look it up yourself. Comparing it against the original track is moving the goalpost, all you asked for was an example of bad English voice acting

youtube.com/watch?v=OBU3YB47Jmw&t=53

Worse
>an american doing a british accent

Attached: 20180623_230517.gif (384x216, 513K)

not quite true, you can generally get a feel of the persons feelings, with Japanese dubs you can actually tell they are putting some feelings in their dialogues and in other media as well but American dubs sound exactly like someone trying to act in a play either exagerating the lines or sound like someone just reading of a script, there is no balance (for the most part)

>sekiro Japanese dub speaking in oldie jap speak that is correct to the time period
>english dub is just boring modern speak making it nothing special and doesn't stand out
Gee I wonder which one is better.
Also any game where characters that are Japanese, or the one's that look like anime speaking dub is cancer, I don't want to hear kiryu in english.

wow the japanese is much better still a bit cringey when he screem tatakao irunda, but much better than the english counterpart

no u

Do you know where the spanish language comes from?
Hint: It's in the name.

Luckily, Zero's more based English dub actor fixed it.

youtube.com/watch?v=s8OUEsz30fM

The biggest problem in the English VA industry by far is bad or a total lack of voice direction which leads to what you're describing. The same VAs working with a better understanding of their material and its context can be night and day.

I'm still baffled Judgment is getting an English dub.

so?
it doesnt make my statement any less true.

>dub
>ever
Original language ALWAYS

Attached: 1558361697396.png (473x532, 405K)

Dude the japanese overact everything. VAs are all trash. All the best VA comes from classically trained actors.

Link me a single japanese script on part with LoK.

Talk about getting blown the fuck out.

>English dub with Japanese subs
Get on my level

Attached: 1541187338254.jpg (250x250, 22K)

I'd rather listen to a language i dont understand that sounds good than a language i do understand that sounds absolutely fucking awful 90% of the time

>Experiencing media in any language other than the original
You are literally bottom of the barrel cultural pleb why Hollywood remakes let the right one in and oldboy, for literal mother breathers like you
Go play mario and watch avengers

Attached: 1539288983810.jpg (435x326, 237K)

Let's face it. The reason most people hate English dubs is jealousy.

expecting weebs to be reasonable was your mistake

>people turn on a language they cant understand instead of laughing at the bad one they can
fucking weebs

sega of america decided the few normalfags that get huffy about yakuza only having japanese audio are worth pandering to, they're starting with spin-offs to gauge reactions

i really like this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=nHd3xfDzTg8

>you should never be able to take a video game seriously

Attached: idiot.png (499x338, 38K)

>Japanese VA
>Has no experience with acting roles outside toku

Attached: 5228ad9456274c4aa522073c6389b5d1.png (552x623, 302K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA

>playing with sound on ever
They're called video games, not audio games.

i'm here what the fuck are you gonna do

Attached: Slpm87324front.jpg (500x426, 82K)

youtu.be/k1Pohx7o59Y

>Khonjin
>Is a tranny
Die

These are all pretty bad. I guess the japanese is the best of the bunch, but it's just loud.

this dumb nigger american probably watches spanish or french movies dubbed lmao

>All that just to tell some chuuni he's retarded
Wow
VA was going a fuckin mile a minute though, pretty good.

Fuck you

a video game is not comparable to film, you actual manchild

do you realize most americans just don't watch foreign films at all?

>american probably watches spanish or french movies
doubt

>mfw I played Witcher 3 in Japanese

was pretty great but I can tell they opted to use the english VA for Geralt's grunts when he gets hit and stuff

Attached: 1496281251513.png (462x490, 280K)

That was pretty good. Thanks, user.

what the FUCK is it to you nigger

I've seen that. It's a standout performance in a dogshit show. But we're discussing video games here are we not?

why not both I mean they often share the same VA and this very topic often appears on both Yea Forums amd Yea Forums

English VAs are hacks who couldn't make it in acting while Japanese VAs overact to everything like they're in a Kabuki play. There's just no winning.

I too stick with the subs.

Disgaea?

Isn't overacting the point of acting?

Fair enough. I think most japanese VAs are pretty medioce for anime too honesty. But that's why I'm a mangafag.

Yeah but at least the normies will shut up about it, not to mention giving us the option of the the more accurate localization and the "americinized" one.
So all is good but it shouldn't even exist in the first place.

spoilers for chrono crusade end so dont read and watch if you dont want to spoil yourself.

context, the guy basically uses the girls life force to live and five her powers, they fought against the big bad then took a 6 month vacation and now most of her life force is basically gone so this is her final moment.
youtube.com/watch?v=gaH8KmuAn5Y

At least Japanese are acting, better than boring nothing English dubs.

Why the fuck... You don't play with English in a clearly Japanese setting. You don't play persona with dub, you don't play metro or stalker with English. Why ruin your immersion like that?

You should only do this for Shenmue, Yakuza, and any Fist of the North Star games.

Oh, and Sekiro and Onimusha.

I may not understand Japanese too much, but for the time I spent watching subs, you can feel the emotion in the actors during a dramatic scene, especially characters like Luffy who's loud and impulsive. No one else can do Luffy in my eyes like the Japanese seiyuu.
youtube.com/watch?v=qOQRTsFw1Eo

Why should you care?

Imagine consuming any form of media outside of the original language it was created in when subtitles for your language exist.

Attached: X7fQkrX.jpg (1200x1000, 166K)

As a teenager I always prefered Japanese for the emotions.

As an adult, I realized the Japanese overreact and now I stick with English.

But most English dubs have American accents though.

No

Attached: 1555028246647.jpg (255x383, 50K)

I only do this for japanese games because the English voice acting is always awkward.

youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA

Sah Kahmah Toe

I know people that change the VA of games from the original to english but still put on the english subtitles. Truly baffling.

>watching films

tales of berseria / nier automata

ta KAAAAH maki

>try to play Labyrinth of Refrain
>obvious 30 year old trying to do a kid character that is already annoying by herself

Sorry but at least in this regard the japanese are superior

But I hate their squeaky voices. It hurts my ears.

I do understand japanese though, and the JP dub is almost always still better, now what?

suck my dick

I'd rather listen to something I think is decent than something I KNOW is terrible

stupid settingfag, language of creation matters more than setting, stop playing metal gear in english

Sekiro does the same thing, the grunts and voice effects are from the original Japanese.

People wouldn't switch to Japanese if your Burgerland dubs and translations weren't so awful. Despite having such a large country you guy produce probably the worst dubs I've heard so far. Learn how to act and emote, fag.

Attached: image(2).jpg (1220x918, 206K)

Are you tone-deaf?

half the anime dubbers are Newgrounds alumni (Kira Buckland) and the other half are d-list union actors who think that identifying as an actor is enough to earn them top roles (Jonny Yong Bosch).

checks out

Attached: BQtXBreCcAA6q51.jpg (600x450, 40K)

I play with wichever voice i want, be i japanise, english, or russian

Non-murican here, I fucking hate how American women sounds with that fucking valley accent thing

>dub is better than original

Attached: episode3.jpg (498x212, 9K)

I only select the track by the original way it's intended

God the English dub was so bad. Hearing Kawakami say Kobayakawa was cringe inducing.

dude people put the witcher on japanese. People are just dumb weebs

>That one NPC that pronounced Ann's name correctly

They were fired for that.

the medium doesn't matter when discussing a dub you pants on head retard

They literally are though. Even when english dubs are shit, theyre still way better than the shrieking retarded jap voices.

>game takes place in Tokyo
>Japanese students have thick widwestern accents and can't pronounce Japanese names or Japanese words
>Japanese people mixing English and Japanese honorifics despite crappy kung-fu dubs from the 60s getting this right
>that one teenager who's still testing out what swearing is like is too scared to say "fuck" in an M-rated game
>Japanese cultural oddities like only being allowed to smoke inside are curiously left un-edited

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Based autist standing by his principles while seeting weebs have to justify their own shit reasoning

Attached: 1556643325174.jpg (250x300, 17K)

how does someone as retarded as you even exist

If you don't understand enough Japanese to figure out the general meaning of what's being said by now, you're probably a normalfag and not worth talking to.

cringe

Puyo Puyo Tetris's English dub fucking disgusts me in every way possible.