Why wasn’t Rayman included in smash? He’s

Why wasn’t Rayman included in smash? He’s
>Iconic
>History with Nintendo
>Incredibly easy moveset potential
What fucking gives?

Attached: 22E19F28-AA5D-4289-AA05-86932C547C24.jpg (339x383, 39K)

Sakurai didn't think he deserved it, probably because he's western.

I'm 100% positive he was planned for Smash 4 and reduced to trophy when Rayman Legends got delayed and made multiplat.

Literal who in Japan, they didn't even get Rayman 3 over there and Rayman 2 is only on Dreamcast and PS2 compared to in the West where it gets ported up the ass

>iconic
>gets overshadowed by proto minions

He popularity is nonexistent in Japan. I don't even know if Rayman games were ever released there. Unlike Crash for example who has arguably a bigger Japanese fanbase than a western one.

Attached: IMG_20190603_101041.jpg (789x1000, 213K)

That happened a year after the roster was decided

Because Ubisoft said ZombiU and Rayman would be exclusive to Wii U but Ubishit backed out and Nintendo told them to fuck off.

Ubisoft president being a little bitch then went on to half ass ports like watch dogs.

Ubishit lost millions in sales and their image but are now Nintendos bitch with Mario x Rabbids and Starlink aka French Starfox.

> Crash gets his Japanese design
> Everyone stays the same

baka gaijin go home wwwwwww

Did you guys not see the Mario and Rabbid crossover? Or the Starfox and Ubisoft crossover? Miyamoto likes Rayman, and Rayman + others were already in the Wii U version as a trophy.

He's in.

NEVER EVER

Even Klaymen from the Neverhood is more well known over there

Your right, He’s in

Attached: 161D98DE-EA90-4EBE-9703-5294A78E1440.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

>Iconic
Really not that iconic anymore. He's like a B tier icon, especially when compared to Sonic and Mario

>Mario & Rabbid crossover
Not Rayman
>Starfox & Ubisoft crossover
Not Rayman
Why are you dodging & reverting to Ubisoft instead of talking about Rayman's achievements in Japan? Is it because you & I both know a Rayman game has never exceeded 50K copies in Japan? Of course it is.

Every 3rd.party character is from a series that is
>Japanese
>very old (except Bayonetta)
>shaped gaming culture in a big way
>still alive and kicking

The only HUGE series that are not represented in Smash that way are
>Dragon Quest
>Resident Evil
>Monster Hunter (has a boss so it's basically repped)

The huge but not gigahuge series that also fit that description are
>Ace Attorney
>Tales
>Devil May Cry
>Dark Souls

Expect the remaining DLC characters to be from these games. In my predictions I'd posted this and included Shin Megami Tensei/Persona as one of the big unrepped Japanese titans, so Joker was no surprise.
The only Western character I see getting in is Steve because Minecraft is the best selling video game of all time now and hugely influential. If you think Doomguy, Crash, Spyro or Master Chief are getting in you're delusional.

Bayonetta is also B teir. I love Bayonetta but she's 2 games and is mostly popular with Kamyiafags

Try harder.

Rayman is a million times better than Sonic, 2D or 3D.

Attached: b7b.png (854x1419, 979K)

>Steve
Based

Attached: 031B234B-0B7A-40E5-BD34-547B351B9A93.png (281x400, 44K)

Why wasn’t Croc included in smash? He’s
>Iconic
>History with Nintendo
What fucking gives?

Attached: Croc.png (522x751, 283K)

Even the phantom opera singer in Mario and Rabbids has more of a chance than Rayman, given they had to get approval for that shit from Miyamoto for what essentially is a operatic diss track.

Why wasn’t banjo included in smash? He’s
>Iconic
>History with Nintendo
What fucking gives?

Attached: 87CEA901-0ED5-49BF-87A8-AAA478377022.png (770x803, 560K)

Awful character design. That’s why

Have an autism examination.

French are not allowed to be playable

Banjo isn’t getting in because Minecraft stands in his way

Because Nintendo are niggers. Banjo should've been in the original Smash game.

>Iconic
He's a literal who.

Bayonetta is also a Nintendo exclusive now
I like the Rayman games more than Sonic but what does that have to do with how iconic he is?

> Only lists the newer games
Proof he's a nobody in Japan, they didn't even know he he was before Origins

We already have Yoshi

Banjo isn’t iconic or noteable enough for smash

>History with Nintendo
He really doesn't

Yeah that's dumb and lazy as hell, especially comparing it to their old redesigns

Attached: CosE9oUIAErESK.jpg (223x250, 12K)

> Wanting Cereal mascots
Cringe

Attached: Cereal.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

Rayman kickstarted Ubisoft, one of the biggest vidya companies in the world. He's iconic, deal with it.

Attached: 81AZOMZSP-L._SY450_.jpg (291x450, 37K)

Attached: D6C6D612-5759-4657-9289-4CC7383D3674.jpg (630x630, 170K)

Not as iconic and Sonic and Mario. As I stated, B tier, even within his own company at this point.

just made me realise i want wild woody in user, thanks :)

Yeah, we need Ezio instead.

Kill yourself shill,Rayman has outsold Castlevania, yet Simon gets in, the majority didn't even know who he was before Smash

You can really tell from all the Rabbid statues, Rabbid merch and Rabbid references in their headquarters and games.

but user, they're already here

Attached: bc2.png (743x990, 229K)

>Fortified with googly-eyed inanimate objects
That's pretty good. I'd wear that on a shirt.

Sakurai's ego problem

>History with Nintendo
they abandoned production on the SNES to make his debut a Playstation exclusive
the best version of Rayman 2 was on Playstation and it got an enhanced port on PS2 only
Rayman 3 was multiplat
Ubisoft really pissed Nintendo off over the Rayman Legends Wii U exclusive controversy I seem to remember

there's nothing there

Everyone is gonna ask what the fuck is on your shirt

>iconic
Rayman has great games, but he couldn't even beat Crash and Spyro
>History with Nintendo
>all the inferior ports

B-But he can wear a Mario outfit in legends on WiiU

The only history that barely even counts and had brought some significant numbers for Nintendo were the Rabbid games as much as anyone denies. The original Raving Rabbids still helped sell the Wii, as well as Rabbids Go Home, with other titles slightly collaborating, even if not in big numbers. And this not even mentioning Mario + Rabbids.

Ill answer your question with another question.
Who gives a fuck about Rayman?

Attached: 1489907884465.jpg (311x375, 21K)

>Did you guys not see the Mario and Rabbid crossover?
Did you forget Rayman isn't even in that?

How about neither?
>shill
Who or what am I shilling? Keep seething Raymanfag. Castlevania at least has close ties to Nintendo starting on the NES

>the best version of Rayman 2 was on Playstation
Are you retarded? N64 version was better.

Fuck off, you only hate him because he's Western

Nintendo characters are basically cereal mascots

I'm already a numale-ass looking Games student, it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary for me

>you only hate him because he's Western
Rayman or Ezio?

ubisoft wanted ezio in

I mean, Ezio works very well as a Brawler costume with Kenway as a swordfighter.

Having them to compliment Rayman is a natural choice, along with a Globox and Barbara brawler and swordfighter.

No, we need Joker instead. Persona is clearly better, am I right fellow Japs?

Get hyped Banjobros, Master Chief will be getting announced for Smash in a few days.

Attached: Halo3MC.png (820x1640, 915K)

This but unironically
Already deconfirmed by both Frank O'Connor and the Halo Twitter

You mean like how Frank O' Conner deconfirmed the existance off Halo 2 Anniversary?

>This but unironically
I was only being sarcastic. Shin Megami Tensei is a copy of Wizardry, and Persona is flavor of the month nothing for casuals. On the other hand, Prince of Persia was completely groundbreaking and a far greater achievement in entertainment.

Our time has come.

Attached: 1559569535759.png (600x463, 19K)

>groundbreaking
On a technical level yeah. As a game it was shit.

>Persona is flavor of the month
>people are still constantly talking about Persona
Stop using terms you don't understand

Western and not that popular.
t. Raymanfag

Attached: rayman_sad_by_rousemouse-d4gk3wg.png (500x527, 237K)

That's different. That's a game he was working on. Of course, feel free to get your hopes up but don't be upset when it doesn't happen. I would've liked Chief as well but it ain't happening.

because he wouldn't work as an amiibo

>That's different. That's a game he was working on.
And NDA is an NDA. It doesn't matter whether it's your game or not. And I have my hopes up about as much as everyone else. I know it's not likely, but I also don't think it's likely we would be getting any Microsoft rep.

As a massive fan of Rayman, I don't want him in Smash. They'll use that goofy wacky Origins Rayman and not the grounded Rayman from 2/3.

I feel like people who say that haven't bothered seeing Rayman merchandise that gets creative with the idea of him being limbless

Attached: oxmox_rayman_statue_by_madforhatters_d8sfs63-pre.jpg (687x1163, 109K)

>Comparin Earthworm Jim, Gex, Buck Bumble, Toe Jam & Earl and Bad Mr Frosty to cereal mascots
If I see this zoomer shit post again, I'm going to rape you in the mouth

>Uhhh I don't know, I just thought it looked cool
I say this when some turbo normie asks about my Evangelion shirt

I love Rayman but he was only ever really massive here in Europe and he's long since past his heyday. Still, it's nice he found his way into Ultimate in some form.

>moveset potential
What does he really have other than far punches and helicopter hair? Maybe throwing a plum or an Up B with the grabbable rings?

I imagine they could do something cool with the limbless aspect and take his special moves from the trilogy while his regular attacks and Smash attacks are from the new games

i rather not have rayman at all than to get his heroes design

Rabbids killed his franchise.

>heroes design
I'm guessing you mean Legends.
And I don't see what the issue is, they can always have a Rayman 1/2 inspired skin and the design he has in the new games is basically just the 3 look but with some tweaks here and there

There are the paints from Rayman 3 and if you really want to reach there are the costumes from the Raving Rabids handheld games. Could also use the Rocket Horse from Rayman 3 as a recovery/side B.

Lockjaw could be a grab as well. I love Origins and Legends but I'm sad so many people now think all Rayman can do is punches and variations of punches for a moveset

>from Rayman 3
Shit, I mean Rayman 2.