Judge Dredd Game Confirmed

GET HYPE

Attached: Screenshot_20190603-075702~2.png (1440x2131, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AKiinu5RHcA
youtube.com/watch?v=TXf-MSXw30U
youtube.com/watch?v=i5EZaO1HPF4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd be down. Give NuWolfenstein style gunplay with the gorgeous lean mechanic and we're off to the races.

Attached: Dredd.jpg (1503x1000, 176K)

I'd be okay with it even if it's a straight up adaptation of the movie. First or Third Person, Yea Forums?

>press X to say I AM THE LAW

First, I want to FEEL like Judge Dredd.

A submission mechanic where you intimidate and arrest grunts pls

There's no way they could get the setting right. Even the Karl Urban movie sucks in that regard.

2012 Dredd was the best thing to happen to the IP

Attached: 1500562026930.jpg (345x378, 45K)

Karl Urban movie setting was a cold brutalist comfest way better than the raygun gothic comic stuff.

No. But thanks for proving my point!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AKiinu5RHcA

X

Except you’re wrong

I said this in the last rebellion thread, makes sense with the new mega city 1 show coming out

The comics were dark as fuck megacity one was a hell hole

>There is one weapon
>but with different modes and ammo
I am cum

I hope there's sniper elite level detailed gore

It's not gonna be an open world FPS where you arrest fatties around the blocks, is it? There's no way they could make that in 2019, nor is Rebellion big enough to pull it off.

I bet 10 fake internet crypto dollars that it's going to be some dumb indie AKA 2D pixel art sidescroller or something.

The Karl Urban film didn't have a big budget. That's why the city looked so plain. The Stallone film got the city right, but honestly, everything else (including the Judge apparel) was a bit too wacky. The Dark Knight Rises approach to Judge Dredd was good. The new TV show (going by what little art we have) looks like it's taking the Stallone approach, but hopefully, it'll be more serious like the Urban one.

Dredd vs Death did a pretty good job imo

the comics are goofy as fuck, boyo. they tried to adapt that to the old movie, and when they realized it wont work the second time, they made it into what the 2012 one became.

>The Karl Urban film didn't have a big budget. That's why the city looked so plain.
That's true and obvious, but the problem I have here, is that the setting the comics had, just can't be done anymore. It isn't "cool" like that. That's why it's really hard to get excited about a "Judge Dredd" game, when I know it will just be more like nuDoom, or whatever.

The fuck you mean it can't be done and it isn't cool? Cyberpunk and mocking capitalism is so fucking in right now that it's not even funny.

>Cyberpunk
Oh yeah, I can see it already...

Attached: cyberpunk fixed 1528760012314.jpg (1600x900, 1.18M)

If you don’t think judge dredd is cyberpunk then you don’t know wtf cyberpunk is

Hi tech lo life, Dredd 2012 is absolutely cyberpunk

You definitely are not reading me, retard, but whatever. The 70s and 80s are gone. It's just a fact. Anything they might make now, would be made to appeal to the kids of today, and their ideas of "cool".

Attached: cyberpunk starterpack 1528758940125.png (800x450, 420K)

Can I play as Anderson?

Wrong.
30 years in the cubes.

This ones going to be fun because all our resident head cases are going to insist Dredd is alt-right and attacking disabled and trans people along with minorities.

There's a genuine guilty appeal to playing the all powerful authority. It comes from the same place you'd assume to "cop tripping on power" trope comes from, "hero complex" I think it's called. I want a Nazi campaign in NuWolf, a Combine campaign in HL2, or a Helghast campaign in Killzone. A Judge Dredd game would scratch that itch a little.

Attached: Er_photo_209854.jpg (800x450, 210K)

LAW!

I wonder if it would be more based on the comics or in the recent movie

The comics are pretty much impossible to adapt because they are so over the top, Dredd 2012 grounded things just the right way

Attached: 1457666752629.jpg (1280x835, 464K)

I agree it's not cyberpunk but we really need a new name for it. The purple/pink, synthwave with depressing anime undertones aesthetic is most certainly a thing but it's not cyberpunk. Vaporpunk? Synthpunk? Synth Noir. I like Synth Noir personally.

>A TRUMPIAN NIGHTMARE!

Attached: 423.jpg (1061x917, 577K)

simply based.

I can't wait to kill degenerate fat trap cucks and onions

>RPG where every option being some form of [Glass him]
>Actually works

>way better than the raygun gothic comic stuff.
faggot

literally based and redpilled, unfortunately today Dredd is quite cucked and has arrested both Nigel Farage and Trump, and also helps illegal refugees in Mega City 01

Are you serious

Trump also got brought up in there at some point

Attached: Cl0CEBTWAAAnnZf.jpg (1200x1053, 396K)

It is got to be an fps.

A few levels based on the movie would be totally cool too.

Predict the headlines, Yea Forums
>'Judge Dredd is an Alt-Right Police Power Fantasy (and that's not okay)
>'Judge Dredd And Its Problematic Portrayal of Police Brutality'

yikes

>a remastered extended dreddVSdeath game with new guns and bigger mp

Would you play it?

imagine being british and being subverted to fascism by a british comic
nice

thing about Dredd is he as originally created as a liberal fever dream about an authoritarian dystopin, but what's funny is that like most things liberals create as parody or fear-mongering he started to become unironically correct about most things, to the point where the original creator admitted he wishes Dredd were real today to pound punks into the pavement

Rebellion? Based. Hope it's as good as their AvP 2010 game, I played that with my friends every day. Shit was cash.

You're an idiote if you consider that abnormal for Dredd comics

youtube.com/watch?v=TXf-MSXw30U
obligatory

based

>imagine being british
I'd rather die.

Attached: 1557184726336.jpg (1217x654, 512K)

The pvp fps avp then?

>yfw Sláine hack and slash game
Or maybe a Strontium Dog game. We have too many Dredd games already, Dredd vs Death is perfect to this day.

Attached: img_1321.jpg (1000x1262, 538K)

We need to gas these people.

we havent had a dredd game in nearly a decade if not more. more dredd is always welcomed.

It was satirical more than anything else

>in nearly a decade
Wot? We had one like, 6 years ago. Countdown Sector 106, I think.
I love Dredd, but it's Johnny's time to shine.

Attached: Alpha.png (528x768, 537K)

>choose your own adventure
i mean, i am technically wrong and i appreciate that being pointed out but come on.

I liked Sylvester Stallone's Judge Dredd movie but didn't like the new one, which one is this going to be and what is comic Dredd like? Spoonfeed me right now.

>I liked Sylvester Stallone's Judge Dredd movie but didn't like the new one
How about you kill yourself and your family too while you're at it?

Hell, Dredd already has 3 or 4 games, even Rogue Trooper have one. Give the other 2000 AD characters a chance.
There's even a Dredd tv show in the works.

Both movies are cool, Stallone for the funny side of the comics and Urban for the violent side. People shit on Stallone but if I'm not wrong he also wanted to wear the helmet during the whole movie but his agent didn't let him.

And if it's a Dredd game, it certainly will be like the comics.
>what is comic Dredd like?
Tough, but fair.

Attached: 2000AD_500.jpg (1024x644, 377K)

Rebellion hasn't put out a good game in years

Batman vs. Judge Dredd is kino

Attached: batmanvsjudgedredd.jpg (1040x1600, 647K)

Dredd v Death was a good game

>Give the other 2000 AD characters a chance.
i havent gone into the comics so i can appreciate wanting to show other bits of the universe besides dredd but lets be honest, it would need to be stressed very heavily that its in the same universe as dredd. dredd is as necessary in the universe as is the atmosphere.

Thanks user, I just really like cheesy one liners you know.

It is a DROKKING great game. I love how they managed to put all the different types of ammunition of the lawgiver into that game.

Oh most 2000 AD comics aren't in the same universe, but Strontium Dog is and I think it would make a great game.
Give the comics a try, 2000 AD doesn't disappoint. Watch this and get to know Johnny Alpha, he's as cool as the old Joe Dredd.
youtube.com/watch?v=i5EZaO1HPF4

Attached: CtcjA5CWAAADV_C.jpg (768x1000, 231K)

im only half through this video and im onboard. would be really cool to see strontium dog represented in their own game.

AvP2010's campaigns may have not been as great as AvP2, but damn if it wasn't still fun in multiplayer.
Is there a better feeling out there than managing sneak up on a Predator and giving them a close-range shotgun blast?

You better be able to arrest everyone on random charges like in Dredd vs. Death.

>Dredd
>90s

Attached: ishygddt.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

Not him but when I was a kid I made my own judge dredd outfit out of cardboard that film will always hold a special place in my heart fuck you user

Drokk yeah it would, brother

Reminder that both the movies are good in their own ways.
I liked the newer one more, though. Urban's 24/7 scowling was perfect.

Attached: meanwhile in America.jpg (968x681, 234K)