FFXIV: Shadowbringers

Your favorite job is ruined.

Attached: shadowbringers-copy-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lalachievements.com/en/ranking/achievement/global/
youtu.be/fedVLT4XnbA
youtu.be/ku7r2x6d1sI
youtu.be/F_rjSQjj5bQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One of my friends is one of the SCHs throwing an autism fit and it makes me sad.

Who cares about jobshit?
You're going to play it anyway.

Attached: heterohrothbro.png (1445x2079, 3.01M)

can you fuck trust

but blm is fine
better than fine

Attached: khloe blm.png (973x782, 883K)

I'm one of the SCHs throwing an autism fit and I'm sad.

But SMN seems a lot better now?

whats the most big brain job, unironically

black mage

Am I ever gonna quest with other people in this shitty modern mmo?

I've just been running around reading text for 15 hours.

Attached: 39210_screenshots_20190602154351_1.jpg (1920x1080, 80K)

NIN. at least for me it is.

The one you enjoy the most

Attached: 1538938701783.jpg (886x1032, 648K)

Questing is mostly a solo thing in this game.

>mfw there are people who actually going to play gayfur

"mmo"

post you're oldest achievements

newfriends and old welcome

Attached: file.png (620x198, 16K)

answer me can you fuck trust

I wish

Attached: 1548903625204.jpg (792x1080, 259K)

Nah, DRG was good in SB and it'll still be good in ShB.

It's pretty much an rpg with multiplayer boss fights.

ShB PLD looks fucking amazing.

Stormblood NIN and SCH, dunno about Shadowbringers, probably still NIN.

>Leveling for the first time
>Hey we're looking for an airship, can you tell us where?
>"No I don't trust you, prove you are worth my time first."
>Several quests later
>"Actually I don't know, you can visit the next town maybe he does"
>Hey we're looking for an airship, can you tell us where?
>"No I don't trust you, prove you are worth my time first."
>repeat several times

AAAAHHHHH

when do they start charging for preorders

Hrothgar aren't gay, friend. Take your ERPshit and go back to buttminge.

Yes, faggot, when a quest forces you to play through a dungeon it will put you in a group.

>red mage main
i dont see anything ruind

elezen pusy

NINJAH

Attached: 36730177_1018133445015390_476195612656664576_n.png (338x423, 281K)

Attached: 889789879.png (484x81, 10K)

>doing bardam's mettle trying to level AST since I'm leveling all classes
>warrior does the teeniest tiny baby pulls and gets hit by every aoe
>ninja has crafting mentor icon and gets hit by every aoe AND dies to the first boss and last boss because they weren't doing mechanics right at all(didn't move away from first boss for distance-based aoe, stood next to tank and got cleaved by last boss)
>black mage has sprout icon and stands as far away as possible, also getting hit by aoes but not standing close enough to be within my aoe heal range

my patience with crystal is thinning. i'm starting to really fucking hate this data center. this game is so fucking braindead and yet these retards treat it like it's fucking rocket science.

Attached: 1521595257123.gif (480x270, 675K)

>try heaven on high for the first time
>people wiping floors constantly
THIS IS JUST -SLIGHTLY- BEEFIER POTD PEOPLE WHAT THE FUG

WE FALL

How did dragoon go from the most popular job in Arr to the least popular?

Literally every job I play got better

Nope, WAR is looking fantastic. It’s irksome that they always lowball their potencies with each rework, but that’ll get fixed early on like it always does.

I literally last night entered a dungeon for the first time. I saw someone else there, so I invited them. I tried activating the quest npc. It told me I could only do this solo. I invited someone to my group. In a dungeon. And I had to immediately disband the group to do my quest. It was then that I knew the gamerdads had killed this game as well.

Attached: 434351.png (326x65, 8K)

ARR PLD

Attached: VtYQpR0[1].png (450x58, 8K)

Guess I started playing in 2.3 then.

Attached: AL3Xn5L.png (453x64, 8K)

>SCH
maybe HW SCH but not SB

That's every data center

why didnt you transfer?

sup graylets

Unironically Black Mage

That was a solo duty. First dungeon is at level 15.

Because since then they added jobs that even simples than DRG and, in some cases, can deal more damage as a bonus. Most players are always retards and retards will always be on the simplest jobs.

See SAM and RDM.

lalachievements.com/en/ranking/achievement/global/
You're in your world's top 100, right anons?

Attached: Screenshot_20190603-080343.png (1080x1920, 262K)

i'm a ranged ninja of course i'm parsing grey, fflogs is biased against my kind
exclusively use ninjitsu and dagger throw

People realized that Lancer is a boring class and they are no longer mandatory for every group starting in 5.0

That wasn't a dungeon fucktard.

But we got Phoenix, how can that be bad?

Will Shadowniggers be BFA?

Will they stop casualizing/lobotomizing the game after they start losing subs?

doesn't happen on primal

That's every data center and it has always has been that way
Don't insult their playstyles

>SAM
On the contrary, friend.

Attached: All Smiles.jpg (280x330, 19K)

Storyteller 2 for whatever reason.
24/04/2014

funny cause the npc literally called it a fucking dungeon. Idc what technicality it was. It was shit design in a game full of shit design. I tried grouping in an MMO and was told not to.

I'm a brainlet. I just tank.

How are they casualizing user?

But PLD has done nothing but get better every expansion?

I don't see why helms/hats won't work on Hrothgar. They don't have big ears like Viera.

these new player stories are so cute. thinking a solo quest is a dungeon. lol

I always have the hardest time with SMN, but I'd put NIN at a close second in terms of complexity. That said the low recast time fucks me up because of latency.

The fact that the entire game is catered around gamer dads who only have an hour a day to play.

>coming back to XIV and want to raid as DRG again because I love DRG
>friends keep telling me nobody wants a DRG and that everyone plays it
>they keep telling me it's the worst dps
>come here and see this

is it popular and shit or is it unpopular and mandatory

come on people i'm getting mixed signals

You say?

youtu.be/fedVLT4XnbA

youtu.be/ku7r2x6d1sI

Attached: download.jpeg-5.jpg (165x305, 9K)

Didn't know you were in literally every group on primal

Ruining SCH won't stop me playing it. Didn't happen for Stormblood, won't for shadowbringers, and I'll be vindicated when they buff it again in the 5.1 patch

Then fuck off. If you can't figure out simple shit on your own when you're not even level 15 yet, please, for my sake and yours, uninstall.

I have almost 5000 hours in game and I've never even done an extreme primal. also I'm a virgin irl

in what way?

Of course not. The thing about WoW is that they feel like they need the revolutionize the game every expansion which results in thew systems that the entire game must run around. See Azerite armor system. It turned out to be ASS and most people quit. On the other hand Yoshi already has his little safe formula that he just repeats every expansion. At the same time we know ShB won't have any revolutionary systems like how Azerite Armor completely changed gearing, we also know we'll enjoy it because it's the same formula as ever. Anyone who doesn't enjoy the formula has already left the game.

I didn't want press more than 1-2-3 anyways...

They keep adding things to DRG that brainlets can't handle

Heavensward... home...

Attached: 75489348912.png (460x64, 8K)

Attached: oldest.png (459x389, 41K)

It's a final fantasy game first, MMO second. Think of it as a JRPG with co-op time to time instead of a full blown MMO where you're expected to spam LFG every 10 minutes to do anything.

will anyone miss these buttons

Attached: mch bye.jpg (1100x1700, 914K)

based
i do hunts with the same playstyle
looking forward to 60s cd kassatsu and ninki-free tcj

well do i ever get to mmo in this mmo? or do I have to wait until endgame like every other shitty modern mmo? Spend 50-100 hours clicking a button before I can start playing?

>buff it
user, ShB SCH isn't a numbers problem. Our DPS is as braindead as WHM's now. That's it. Our shields are still OP, if not even stronger.

>tfw finally able to play PLD in dungeons without wanting to kill myself

Attached: 1480257841029.gif (268x335, 1.55M)

The first dungeon in the game is Sastasha Deepgrot. Not the story instance where you meet the ascian or scion.

It always has been, retard. It's a game made by japanese salarymen for japanese salarymen.
If you want retard grinding, fuck off back to BFA. Your AP is lagging behind.

why not user? they are pretty fun if you do them when they first come out same with savage stuff

Doesn't happen on Elemental either.

Excuse my frogspeak.

Attached: 1.png (456x159, 11K)

So it's the same as it always was?

even less dps, even more clipping and clunkiness
not ruined, but certainly not improved

I liked the ammo sfx.

newfag here
so are they just casualizing the game?

i have too many hours actually playing this shit game

>tfw finally able to play tanks in dungeons without wanting to kill myself
ftfy. thank fuck for aoe combos.

Yes, even worse than heavensward to stormblood was.

>cliping why I no dps gud

t monk

Nice opinion man way to show me who's boss.

Your friends are fucking retarded. Stormblood DRG had the highest raid DPS contribution if there was a BRD or MCH in the group. Sure it has "lower" personal DPS but your skill matters way fucking more in that regard than class balance.

DRG was arguably less popular because their rotation is fucky and Dragon Sight feels like trash to use.

DRG is still going to be mandatory in Shadowbringers.

Attached: FnkZ2E8[1].png (668x132, 17K)

of course. Cater to the wowfugees. Mythic Dungeons will be next. Yuck.

ahonhonhon

If you want an involved DPS rotation, you should try playing a DPS job

Have sex

As long as the Lalafell still are cute, I'm totally fine

Attached: lalala.jpg (1000x1112, 170K)

>purplelet

>removing clunky shit nobody ever liked
No, they're just doing what expansions are supposed to do, improve the game.

My job is perfectly fine, thank you.
I've studied the blade all this time despite the memes and it paid off.

Attached: Ow the edge C4-Q2RCUYAAZz7I.jpg (823x465, 75K)

Your first dungeon is Sastasha at level 15. It requires 4 players to complete. Your first 8 man and 24 man instances won't be until level 50. Maybe if you're lucky you can find a S rank monster spawn in your area and over 100 people go to you to kill it.

Attached: 1534261686855.gif (100x100, 19K)

You have to do the story first. It's a fucking final fantasy game.

is this moogle event the worst they have ever done?

At level 15
You unlock your first dungeon
Holy fuck you goddamn ape

ast

That's not even the worst offender, look at tanks.

Fixing a clunky piece of shit job is not casualization

I have this uncomfortable feeling that lolorito is going to fuck Nanamo

Your thoughts on this?

Attached: 420seconds.png (1196x309, 605K)

it's an mmo. imagine if vanill wow was 100 hours of sp rts before becoming an mmorpg and me saying "it's a warcraft game!"

cliping why I 20 gcds behind and have no ninki

when will we see tataru or khloe's feet in game

no we have had worse content and events

420 blaze it

I am for Solo PotD on my job.

Attached: 20190603_141522.png (1079x138, 31K)

t stormbaby

this
If these changes scare off dishonest healers who care more about pushing 3 extra buttons than keeping the party up and buffed, I say SCH isn’t only the best job improvement, it’s saving the game. Just play SMN you kooks.

>implying removing retarded punishments for mechanics you don't have to do anyway is "casualizing"

The Yokai Watch event happened, so no

like what?

i just hit 15 last night. i could probably fuck you up.

wrong. XIV is a final fantasy game that happens to be an MMO.

they should reduce the recast to 180s(same with LD), it's good otherwise

Depend of the classes. Some classes got harder. But overall it got easier, a bit (see healers and tanks)

great dps, great job, hard to handle for most scrubs, hence the loldrg jokes since 2.0. don't let others fool you just because they are afraid you might time your jumps wrong.

Not for the faint of heart

Play whatever you want. Meta doesn't matter unless you're speedrunning or trying to be a leaderboard fag on FFLogs.

Attached: 1554190917273.jpg (707x707, 100K)

Why Final Verse potency so fucking bad?

WAR ain't so bad.

Stop comparing CDs in a vacuum. Jobs are designed and balanced with their entire kit in mind.

>lots of unique weapon glams and minions and a new mount
vs
>all shit you can already get

lmao no. We just keep getting better and better!

Attached: 1495722610855.gif (128x128, 4K)

Tanks went from smooth-brain to no brain. It's casualized to hell and back.

friend told me that DRG is "literally on life support" and that next patch it's probably going to be outdone by every other melee class. yet back when i played during sigmascape i pretty much carried every group in dps as DRG.

yet all my friends still proceed to tell me DRG is shit, also telling me stuff like "it's really easy to get a good parse on DRG compared to things like SAM, MNK, and NIN"

this was an old parse from O7S when it was still relevant, it was a party finder group because i've never had luck with statics once

Attached: drg.png (1193x239, 54K)

lol who cares about wow fuck off wowfugee

I don't know user its lots of little cumulative things that lead down the dark road.
For example how tanks don't have a dps and a tank stance anymore just a toggle, it seems like a perfectly fine QoL change and it is in isolation.

But that's how it was for WoW as well, why do we need a defence stat? every tank is always defence capped, why do we need hit you're going to be yellow capped etc.
In isolation they're all legitimate changes but then you look back and realise all you've done is take stuff out and not replaced it.

>tfw this game is no longer made for us
>tanking removed
>stances removed
>pets removed
>class identity removed

Attached: sadpepethefrogwearingwarriorhelmet.png (796x1082, 94K)

You're level 12 you fuckwit
Have you spoken to anyone? Tried to do anything? Do you expect the game to tell you "hey go join a party and mindlessly kill antelopes for three hours?"

Limsa Lominsa.....home.....

Attached: cheevos.jpg (409x184, 35K)

Kinda stupid but I like it. Drawbacks on the invulns are fun.

while usually you’d be right, you can hardly call the invincible moves a CD except for WARs.

Right, because one aggro combo before switching off shield oath took fucking calculus

Yokai event actually added new shit though on top of making the overworld of the game actually feel alive. That's probably the last time in recent memory that XIV felt like an actual mmo and not just instanced shit with 3-7 friends. This event is literally a bunch of shit you can get from other content AND forces you to literally do the worst content in the game synched if you even want to get it through this way.

Your friend is a retard

Yes
Machinist was considered the biggest brain job in Stormblood, so they decided to make it easier to play optimally, but they fucked up and made it even harder.

>do my job as well as contribute damage to make things faster
>dishonest

It's a JRPG with co-op and some MMO elements. You'll see battles with hundreds of people and deal with server communities just like any other MMO, but the main focus is a JRPG like a main series brand Final Fantasy title. People that don't like Final Fantasy are playing the wrong game if you are playing this.

Attached: iwVtLc7_d.jpg (640x358, 32K)

You're right, but in this case you're also retarded.

bros..why NIN is so based? no melee is close to his fun potential ruined all other melees for me

You don't get access to your first dungeon in WoW until 15, aka the exact same level you do in XIV.

BASED greychad

Dragon sight ruined the job for me
>waste 1 gcd using it manually or 2gcds because macro isn't working
amazing

At least they tried with Holmgang and LD, this is just strictly worse.

>Do you expect the game to tell you "hey go join a party and mindlessly kill antelopes for three hours?"
No, I expect the game's systems to incentivize social interaction through difficulty. I've tried socializing numerous times. The soulless modern mmo bug people just run off and ignore you 75% of the time. The other 25% is you just exchanging an emote or two and then realizing you have absolutely no reason to continue interacting and then you understand why everyone is soulless bug men and go back to looking for icons on a map.

I'll miss reloading. That shit felt nice.

So why are tanks being made into blue dps when they are trying to stop healers from being green dps. -20% damage should be a passive trait for tanks they can never remove

As it stands now, ShB PLD has the highest damage output, highest utility and the best invincibility skill.

How many jobs will there be in this game before it dies?

Actually nothing’s different you dumb orangutan. Tanks can now actually play the game without having to curb their own output when window lickers can’t find the diversion button. Yoshida cited this exact thing as the reason for the change.

Your friend is a grey sam

yes, but from 1-15 you would be grouping and interacting. (obvi not in modern wow)
socializing isn't all about dungeons.

WoW has been going on with multiple little fuck ups for ages now. The guy asked if this was going to be the BfA expansion specifically, and BfA is known for mass quits caused by Azerite Armor being a piece of shit. So one big revolutionary system that ended up backfiring. Blizzard takes big risks, Yoshi doesn't. This sounds like a positive for Blizzard but in reality it isn't because their big risks all backfire.

Wait
user
Do you need the game to give others an incentive to be friends with you

I think next expansion they will experiment with not introducing any more jobs just to see if people will still buy it

if they do (and they will) they will shift to adding jobs every second expansion most likely

Because tanks interact with the enemy while healsluts only interact with healthbars

I played through the entire MSQ with my brother from 2.0 through 4.0. It's not the game's fault you have no friends.

>drops your hp to 1 and gives invuln
>but the attack that hit you a second ago still registers
I can't wait for shitters who pick up tanks for the first time to experience this.

There's no fucking way 1000 potency on Goring Blade is getting into the game, though.

Because fuck you, now get back to fellating my health bar, slut.

if you want a game that forces people to be freinds with one another play ff11 insted

Dumb as fuck for no reason but to gauge how people would feel about a nerfed HG, but at least you're almost constantly loading up regens on yourself.

20 probably, to have an equal number of jobs in all roles.
Meaning we've still got a healer, a caster DPS and a ranged physical DPS coming.

Psst, just have fun playing.

It would be fine if it was only the tank stance thing. Rotations got brain-dead and AoE threat is faceroll too.

I'll screencap your post.

Yoshia doesn't want your subscription. You take that 1000 potency Goring Blade or piss off!

Holmgang is the best one

You casters already have Blue Mage.

This isn't classic WoW retard. Go back to the asmongold server or chink private server if you want to grind boars and wolves for 5 hours.

Except you aren't there to do damage you are there to tank it. Tanks should have a combo That does damage and reduces their threat to 0 and an aggro combo that does 0 damage.

>tfw no more aero 3
why yoshi? just remove aero 2 instead

Guess I'll just take chain strat off my hotbar lol

nice buzzword

Please do, if Yoshi-P puts that shit into the final version I will an hero and stream it

Don't tell me what to fucking do!

Are you fucking retarded?

dont worry sch cuck yoshi will do it for you soon enough

What is the point of giving players flashier upgrades to their skills?

Dilate

Yoshi-P explicitely said there were currently three casters in game.

>Rotations got braindead
You only had five buttons before you goddamn chimp

I love that it drops you to 1 hp, but 420s is dumb as fuck, its just a worse holmgang
I also love that holmgang lost the movement penalty in shb
Fuck se and fuck war

>Rotations got brain-dead
Literally what are you talking about? They’re mostly the same but slightly more complex from the new skill actions. Again, like the other user said, one fucking aggro combo is gone. Why does that distress you so?

delete this right now

makes the player feel like they are getting something new even though its just the same skill with a new animation and higher potency

I'll take that as a yes.

all these zoomer faggots who have no fucking idea what a virtual world is actually like.

i weep for you newfags.

They aren't stopping healers from being green DPS, they are just simplifying scholar's dps skills. That's it. The two things are not the same thing.
Tanks already have that, they have less stats than DPS jobs.

How would he have fun if his favorite job is ruined?

Attached: 1458468170189.png (824x2000, 588K)

I only started playing the game because my friends convinced me it would be fun to do it together. I had absolutely no interest in a game genre (MMOs) I thought was just endless grinding before that point. And here I am getting legitimately mad about my boy Arcanist/Scholar getting gutted.

Attached: cheevos.png (507x395, 48K)

The potencies on paladin are high across the board because sword oath is losing its 70 additional potency for every auto attack. For any retards here that are incapable of understanding what that first sentence actually means. It means their damage would be gutted entirely if their potencies weren't increased across the board to compensate for losing all that auto attack damage. Nearly every physical job's primary source of damage is from auto attacks.

Attached: 1489379032909.png (1200x1450, 1.02M)

From the way you type no wonder you have trouble making friends. You sound like a cynical asshole. Your attitude is not only a pussy repellant to a woman like me but it's also a sign for others around you to avoid you or make their conversations short with you so they don't have to hear your downer text.

Attached: 1528036373911.png (1277x1079, 1.87M)

>renders you impervious to most attacks
You know I can’t actually think of any attacks that can bypass HG outside of enrage mechanics, are there any attacks that do fuck through it?

Exposed cope

So why dumb it down further? Who is this catering to?

What will Gunbreaker Tank mount be?
What will the Primal mounts be?

Wow you sure got me user, you should probably fuck off back to wow if you want to party up and kill Hogger again, because that's totally unique and interesting and not a pain in the ass at all.

alright queers, i play SMN right now and every expansion has been making me hate it more and more and more
should i play MNK or NIN

A healslut
Giant carp

Okay bro, go back to WoW or Everquest already. We get it. You hate the 30+ years old Final Fantasy series. Why are you even here you zoomer?

>We have 4 tanks and 4 melee dps, 3 casters and 3 healers, and yet there were only 2 ranged dps.
From the third FanFest interview.

NIN if you actually want to have fun, MNK if you hate yourself

>a woman like me

E L E M E N T A L

Whoever is the PoV for this seriously needs glasses. Urgently.

That’s all good and well, but I get the feeling that they forgot to account for WAR losing their slashing debuff. It’s never consistent.

i do hate myself a whole lot

hippogryph

What armor is that

Nin players hate themselves a lot more than monk players
t nin

Well, are you having fun for now?

is that modded hair?

>900 potency fellcleave

Well, failed intermissions kill you through invulns. No normal attacks go through it though IIRC.

my favourite job got a better aoe rotation, better gauge control and scorch. they made it more perfect than it already was

But i play NIN?

Although im sad the shadow clones cost ninki

Attached: ffxiv_dx11_2019-05-29_21-21-59.png (1600x900, 1.78M)

Lmao this is hilarious shit right here

all the clipping

Attached: duWTBia.png (1434x1382, 1.44M)

new player leveling monk, gonna play samurai and ninja, are they very click intensive? I don't mind advanced rotations, but if I have to click global cds on 0.5 sec cd + non globals between I'd rather just play starcraft 2 with that APM

dumb middie slut

>DRG is still going to be mandatory in Shadowbringers.
Probably not, but still doesn't mean that it will suck.

>But i play NIN?
Why do people type like this? Just sounds stupid. Or should I say, just sounds stupid???

You know people can type differently outside of Yea Forums, right?

Attached: 1540621003420.jpg (500x378, 31K)

It’s not, and it accounts for less damage overall than actual fell cleave. It’s a nice bit of burst to tack on, but that’s it. Their gap closer is now the worst too. Why is it the weakest while still costing 20 gauge?

They added abilities, how did they dumb it down

what is this chestpiece?

Globals go down to like 1.9 I wanna say. It's not that crazy.

t. ranny

>NIN
>MNK
>Hates fast actions
God, I hope you're trolling otherwise you just memed yourself into oblivion.

Attached: 1544175567313.gif (349x254, 1.38M)

I'm levelling monk right now and goddamn. Am I suupposed to output so little fucking damage compared to everyone else early on? I'm at level 30 and it's such a fucking slog.

Its brain damage. I spent a good chunk of SB playing RDM

Hey user.
How many of The Twelve can you name?

thanks guys, i've had pretty much four different people tell me that drg is shit and that i should switch to another class, i was honestly starting to level sam and thinking about switching to that job for shb. i was convinced.

i really love drg a lot and having everyone i knew call it bad was really demotivating and ruining my passion for the game, but now i feel very reassured. you guys cheered me up on this issue so i appreciate it. i really didn't want to play another class. i guess i'm just easy to convince.

Attached: 1552725351888.jpg (577x575, 66K)

You don't hit as hard, but you hit faster.

I still had my misgivings during the ARR leveling experience ("I barely have any buttons to press, does it get more fun later?"; "This story is kinda uneventful and seems to assume I know shit about 1.0, will it make more sense/will it make me care about the world and characters later?") but things started clicking into place in the 2.X stuff and Heavensward proper. Stormblood is alright, even if it's a 'more of the exact same thing' expansion. I had plenty of fun with Scholar and have been leveling several other jobs on the side. I'm just scared that my most played job is going to be super unfun in Shadowbringers, even if I'm excited for the story and battle content.

Are you hitting your positionals?

fuck off, the yokai event was concentrated autism grinding of lv 15 fates, it sucked ass

All I can imagine is:
>Sprout chooses dead server for new players instead the one that's preferred and active with new players
>Sprout randomly invites player next to him
>Sprout initiates solo quest and it tells him to go in solo
>He immediately leaves group without saying a word or asking the person for help, not even a NN channel invite to hook up with other players later
>He does the solo quest and finishes it
>Then he complains that the game is antisocial and non group friendly because of his own sprout incompetence

Attached: 1547820811951.gif (156x216, 1.07M)

Halone
Rhalgr
Nald'Thal
uh

Made me dig through my archives and I found this along with my 1.0 beta key, maybe someone will read it out of boredom.
>Hello there, everyone. FFXIV: ARR Producer and Director Yoshi-P here to wish all of you a Happy New Year! Just over four months ago we released FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, and even now we're overwhelmed by the incredible reception it has received. On behalf of myself and the entire team, I'd like to thank you all for your continued support. December 17 saw the release of the game's first major update. Patch 2.1-A Realm Awoken, introduces various new ways to adventure in Eorzea, including new main scenario quests, the Wolves' Den, free company housing, beast tribe quests, the Crystal Tower, treasure hunts, and much more.
>Now that holiday season has arrived, I've had time to enjoy a bit of raiding in the Crystal Tower, dungeons via Dungeon Roulette, and putting players to sleep in the Wolves' Den (lol). While I haven't had time to play hard core, I've finally managed to make it to Turn 5 in the Binding Coil of Bahamut. With my first of many overseas business trip coming up next week, you can be sure I'm going to enjoy Eorzea to the fullest while I still have time.
>But enough about the past-let's talk about what's in store for 2014. And what a fitting year for the fourteenth installment of FINAL FANTASY! The PlayStation 4 will be releasing here in Japan on February 22, a date which will also mark the beginning of beta testing for the PlayStation 4 version of FFXIV: ARR. Preparations are well underway, and we want to make sure that PlayStation 4 users around the world can get right into the action with no need to apply beforehand. Boasting the new Share feature and Remote Play with the PlayStation Vita, the planned April release of the PlayStation 4 version should be a momentous occasion indeed!
Cont..

Tataru should be a trust

Attached: FFXIV_ARR_Tataru.png (1280x696, 1.15M)

Not every tank (or job for that matter) has to be good at every single thing

Halone The Fury
Byregot the guy who gives me crafting skills
Rhalgr the FUCK MHIGGERS
Nophica the titty goddess

thats about it

It's more consistent but optimizing it is still going to be hell.
They gave me new toys right as I lost all interest for gunbreaker.

Attached: 370.jpg (795x770, 58K)

t. rittle rattled limsa afk erper

>Work on the PlayStation 4 is full steam ahead, but needless to say, we're already waist deep in work for patch 2.2 as well. Leviathan is preparing to unleash his fury on Eorzea, new quests, items, and recipes are being added, and the Binding Coil of Bahamut will see additional twists and turns. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the keyword for 2.2 is looking to be "Maelstrom."
>From fan events to world tours, we have big plans that are going to blow you away as we work to put the XIV in 2014. We hope you all will enjoy the many new adventures waiting around the corner this year.
>But...what's this? As we ring in the new year with the realm's awakening, it would seem another passage from the journal of a certain legendary Eorzean hero has been uncovered...
>What dark forces will Eorzea’s Warriors of Light face this time? You'll find out as the story unfolds throughout the year. May 2014 be a year of grand adventure for you all!

Attached: ei.jpg (566x305, 112K)

Oschon
Nald'thal
Halone

well I'm level 15 and no one mentions it in guides other than it's "faster" than other dps classes, whatever that means. no need to be rude

t. fart sniffing sweatlord riding around in his glowing cum cart

What's she gona do? Use Payday like a Meowth?

Who gives a fuck about optimizing? If you're clearing, you're fine.

>They gave me new toys right as I lost all interest for gunbreaker.
why?

what hair is that? is it modded in?

Halone
Rhalgr
Nophica
Althyk
Nald'Thal
Byregot
Nymeia

Thaliak
Azeyma
Llymlaen
Nophica
Nald'Thal
Byregot
Halone
Rhalgr

Attached: 1537404300865.jpg (752x1063, 112K)

Menphina, Halone, Rhalgr, Nald'Thal, Alhyk.
They're all shit and should be destroyed like the parasites that they are.

She'd just distract the enemies and run around in circles going "awawawawawa"

Rhalgar because of SB
Byregot because that's my character's birthsign.

Yes. Properly geared too.

Maybe i;m just too used to the retardcrazy damage SAM and RDM output so seeing the small increment damage Monk does triggers my autism.

>hating the based sperm mount
looks like i was right

t. Varis

Tataru should be my wife

Varis is a retard too, thinking that he can turn pawns of one god against pawns of another god. There has to be a zero tolerance policy for eikon fuckery.

Attached: image.jpg (1125x633, 196K)

Halone
Athylk
Naldthal
Bryegot
Rhalgar?
Nymia?
The weaver
The butcher
the baker
the candlestick maker

>ammo is rip
I hope new mch still find's a use for the break-action animation. It's like 40% of the reason I glam wanderer's revolver.

Attached: o no.jpg (1073x1200, 100K)

Well, now that we have an actual clown job in the lore, its perfect for her.

so are they making only 1 city this time around? there wont be a city like ishgard and the actual place where people hang around like idyllshire it will be just the 1 zone?

Do we know if Bunnies can wear the pointy BLM hats?

Of course not, but the gap closer is one of the moves that became standardized (or just became, in the case of PLD) across the other 3 tanks. I feel the same way about DRK having a magic-only version of one of GUN’s utilities.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (546x37, 6K)

I just like doing shit a little better than I did before, chill out.

Just looks funner after about 4 years of machinist. Goofy gunblades and shit are some of the first things to come to mind when I think of final fantasy and they didn't do too bad on it so I'm interested.

>that sick ass gun from the HW relic weapon step that actually had a unique reload animation
i will miss it...

>tfw just botted everything
>bot is dead now
I hope they never do that again

There's a second hub where the rich cat people live with a destroyed underbelly town beneath it. I imagine that's where the endgame hub will be this time around.

We don't know, but I'd rather have the endgame lobby in the giant city. Kugane and Ishgard were fucking deserts until Diadem/Eureka came out and you had to queue from there.

Attached: 1488127908673.jpg (550x309, 22K)

>doing a big boy choo choo train pull with Sprint on and everything
>retard dps starts single target rotationing some mob that's 6000 miles away from me by now
>finally reach my destination and start setting up shop
>dps is crying "HEY, CAN YOU DO YOUR JOB AND PULL THIS ADD OFF OF ME?"
>ignore the brainlet and let them deal with it
I've made peace with a lot of tank mains' annoyances. I don't even care if my party members run ahead and pull for me anymore. Doesn't bother me. Pulling aggro off my train though instead of just waiting is still the only thing that gets me buttblasted to no end though

What the fuck, what are MCH even gonna do now?

The First version of Limsa is the new city. The crystal looking place is the new endgame hub.

>yfw Varis ultimately ruse-cruises the alliance on purpose to prolong the war so he can keep them and the Ascians occupied while he finishes altering the Black Rose gas to specifically kill Ascians

>mfw armageddon spinning
I'm glad I got that thing.

Attached: 1554466209786.png (869x983, 881K)

Alisaie, Fordola, Yda, Minfilia
Y'shtola, Arya, Geva, Hilda
J'olhmyn, Zhloe, Lucia, M'naago

Attached: 1551898265513.png (256x224, 9K)

Actually be fun to play, for one

Only Rhalgr is worth remembering
Fuck Nymeia and fuck Theodoric

wud u a blue, green, purple, red, grey au ra

Attached: 75044498_p0.png (2400x3000, 3M)

This is the only proper way to deal with retards. Just completely ignore them or hit them with a "lol" and they'll eventually just drop group.

My au'ra only, all the others are tranny level

Have a shitload of extra weaponskills and gauss round charges

Brown

llymlaen
nophica
byregot
nald'thal
halone
rhalgr
nymeia

that's all I got chief

Blue and grey, yes.

t. mhigger

Based. Nothing wrong with punishing retards.

Bros I just want to kill all potatoes so bad

yes, next question

BLM among ranged, NIN among melee, SCH among healers, DRK among tanks

Attached: 1495260875975.png (574x437, 169K)

that one green lizard who gets drawn in all the porns gave me a green lizard fetish

>would you a tranny
"No!"

Aren't tech demo Limsa and the media tour hub the same place?

no but I would one with tons of T&A

Attached: 1547063234315.png (650x914, 705K)

Why?

Attached: sadtataru.png (800x800, 698K)

Post tataru's leaked lewds

Blueberries only.

Potatos are for rough fucking, not killing

Its actually an easier potd

They get the tools from VI as new GCDs.

link to some of these or gimme a name

Look what we have here, another scrub tank on Yea Forums, you're supposed to use your ranged attack to keep aggro so the adds are already half dead before you even reach your aoe spot

PGL/MNK build up stacks of Greased Lightning as they complete combos, which acts as both a damage and speed buff. At 15, you're limited to one stack, so it doesn't really feel all that powerful or fast. Once you are able to stack twice at 20, then a third time at 40, you'll start to notice a bigger difference as you build stacks.

Finally got back to the game after not playing since HW, I'm tdying to finish up my 2.0 relic since I'm stuck at Lv60 until the end of the month anyways, how expensive is the crafts for the Brave step these days anyways? Guess I'll have to spend a ton of money either way since I need to either level desynth or buy the mats on the MB.
Or maybe just find someone who can desynth for me

This. And what can they do, kick you? lol

The only change that tank stances needed was making them all off-GCD like WAR.
Prove me wrong.

based

They disgust me

All aura are trainnies.

Lizards out.
Bunnies in.

It'll cost you

Attached: 1553731094922.png (1665x1080, 2.41M)

Brown futa aura mommies are the only good lizards

>Being gay
time to come out of the closet anons

Not the exact same but it was clearly inspired from it with the interior designs.

>I want more buttons to press
Have sex

16 oGCDs per minute user
They're trying to "invert" MCH, rather than firing everything off in one 10-second window Wildfire is now just brainless spam for a big hit, and the rest of the time you get to push more than four buttons

I posses 50 million gil in assets

Nice original post, friend.

Attached: Faggot 3.gif (500x333, 133K)

Yes, especially tanks and healers.

E X O D U S
R
I
M
A
L

Who's going to be the mhiggers of the first? Dwarves?

Bunnies look even more like trannies though

>calls me gay
>bunnies are female only
Enjoy your shitty trans womanlets.

Attached: 1537055360958.png (1200x1717, 1.97M)

WE

ARE

ONE

MONTH

AWAY

Attached: 1558552446174.jpg (1052x966, 206K)

WE FALL

>he doesn't zoom so fucking fast that he's always out of range to use his ranged abilities
Just hand in your tank soulstone and go healer, grandpa.
No one's got time to deal with your mindnumbing pace.

>Been SAM main since SB
>Even after the "NO UTILITY MEMES"
>These buffs

Not sure if I can trust the dev team after their idea of a buff was 20 pot to Gekko and Kasha. Feels like a lot of these are way too good to be true.

Shields are weaker than ASTs still and crit deployment was nerfed by a lot.
Sch does have an emphasis on providing a bigger shield than AST on a cooldown tho, which makes them more specialized at mitigating big damage while AST is better at mitigating everythingg overall

There are no good lizards.

Attached: lizards were a mistake.jpg (3500x2292, 2.4M)

humans

Us

>one month
TOO MUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH
How are you guys handling the wait?
>tfw have done everything in game already

Attached: 1558733687904.png (933x866, 396K)

You're not but this is the future we're in.

New theory:
The syrcus/omega theme remix is for a dungeon involving our favorite garlond bros plus nero running around with us activating the crystal tower's defenses against an infiltration of sin eaters
ALSO WHERE THE FUCK CAN I GET A CLEAR VERSION OF THE SONG FUCK

I'd stick my dick in Mide, if that's what you're asking

Attached: mide.png (250x250, 154K)

tfw no trophy lizard

Attached: 1558903549093.jpg (1280x1397, 461K)

modded

Tfw don't have all jobs maxed and geared
Tfw don't have all doh/dol maxed and geared
Tfw haven't even started eureka
I'M NOT READY

Attached: 1559402486652.gif (400x225, 379K)

No, because their previous design was flawed. Damage and enmity were not big enough issues to be worth losing more than 20% of your DPS over.

MNK with TK rotation

The brown in there is hot though???

>How are you guys handling the wait?
Taking a break.

shino senkatsu I think. I don’t know if this guy is some well known degenerate faggot in the community or what, I just know I jerk off to their toon a whole bunch. anyone who knows, feel free to enlighten me.

Playing other games

Will the 5 line reward for wondrous tails be nude paintings

Llymlaen
Nophica
Althyk
Rhalgr
Byregot
Nymeia
Thaliak
Oschon
Nald'thal
Halone
Menphina
Azeyma

t. Roleplayer

Reminder that Yoshida literally removed the pet component of SCH and SMN and braindead idiots will defend it because it was “clunky”. Reminder that these people thought being able to use pet abilities while casting something was “clunky”. These are the people you play with and they will never stop existing.

Playing other games? I can't understand people that are obsessed with MMOs

youtu.be/F_rjSQjj5bQ

Attached: WE FALL.png (3222x598, 706K)

casting coat from drowned city of skalla I think

Not sure what the appeal of sticking your dick in a glass of broken shards is.

>this theme
At least 55% of the main characters will die and you know it

Azeyma, the warden
I thought it would be funny to make the sun god my mooncat's patron deity
Also Thaliak, Byregot, Rhalgr, Nymeia, Nophica, Nald'Thal, Halone, Llymlaen, Nymeia
There's two whose names I'm forgetting but one of them is obviously the moon goddess to Azeyma's sun and the other is some forgettable faggot

Attached: 1512236095038.jpg (400x400, 30K)

All of them, really. The less 'normal' the skintone the better.

>they're tall with mostly serious, stiff emotes
>all the wannabe "smol cute" trannies will get bored and fanta off them in a week
>only viera players left will be ones brought together in their mutual love of tall rabbit women

Who else /MONK CHAD/ here?

I always thought they removed pet control because it was stupidly exploitable. SCH is the only job that can solo A3S and T9S by using a pet glitch to bug out the boss to prevent them from executing their scripted mechanics.

>since SB
Whoa... Impressive.

>I WANT A REAL SMN JOB NOT A DOT MAGE

And I can't get up!

Attached: fallen.jpg (600x450, 30K)

You’re right but retards think having less mechanics is good because it makes it less clunky, which is just a cute way of saying they want it to be more casual.

It was only clunky because of the silly delay pet actions had. Not that the ShB pet will be much different from now. Bit sad about not being able to target embrace though.

Eh, YOLO

>main character
>dying

>How are you guys handling the wait?
I'm in no rush, I'm hoping to get Stormblood on sale so I can play early access on PC.

I can't wait for the TK meme to end, brother

Attached: 1527059512822.jpg (1080x843, 113K)

Do I transfer to leviathan or pick an aether server?

god I hope so

Nice try sheddweller.

Shit, that second Nymeia was supposed to be Althyk. It was Oschon who I couldn't remember, along with Menphina.

cringe
you can easily spot which mob is being single attacked the moment you reach a pack, bet you let monk stacks run out too
stay seething like every other passive aggressive cynic in this game

You’re saying pet mechanics should be removed from the pet classes because of a bug? Holy shit you people are mentally derranged.

WE FALL

Dark Arts is retarded and so are you.

>Sam main since SB

Attached: 1559330798779.jpg (895x1024, 66K)

Their life is so boring and non existent that they have to live it through a MMO. I mean all those people that beg for Sandbox MMOs do so because they want to live inside the game for thousands of hours. They need gameplay loops that reinforce players to stay logged in 24/7 or they miss out on in-game events or get punished through permadeath or loss of resources.

Reporting but I only just resubbed and last time I played was 3.0

WE FALL

The WoL is going to die and the actual WoD will possess our body, we will be effectively playing as WoD but in our own body.

What weapon is he holding there?

I was just visiting to keep it warm for you, bud.

aether if you care about the server shitflinging. levi if you genuinely don't give a fuck since primal's a pretty mixed bag.

Every single boss in this game is exploitable with pets. I just mention A3S and T9S because those are most notable. All it takes is one fairy to teleport underground and the boss just stands there. It must be easier to just delete pets than to rework every fight in the game.

Attached: safe.gif (300x281, 643K)

Fuck mhiggers

Attached: Dob5Q2xUwAADaL9.jpg large.jpg (1000x1736, 271K)

Alexander.

>mfw seeing all those SAM/NIN fags scurrying back to their weeb jobs now that they can't be pretentious hipsters anymore

Attached: tumblr_pdk0nar2eE1u9juewo1_540.png (272x299, 7K)

That delay was literally removed to make pet micromanagement easier to handle. Anyone who didn’t macro pet abilities was able to get used to the delay and use it to their advantage but since people kicked and screamed so much they made all pet actions instant. They even made it so Rouse literally only affects embrace just so you mental retards wouldn’t complain about “clunkyness” anymore. Now they are literally ogcds, they are no longer pet actions. They removed the pet micromanagement entirely, the pets abilities are YOUR ABILITIES. You DON’T use them while doing something yourself no, you weave them in now because they are YOUR abilities. This change was made so casual retards like you wouldn’t complain, and yes this change essentially ruins scholar by removing the pet component entirely

They're going to turn Zenos into a good guy, aren't they?

Attached: SMuDiZX.jpg (1709x1018, 120K)

No it's not

The quest design in XIV is beyond awful

Nigga the amount of people that jumped off of SAM mid expansion when DRG finally got buff'd was ASTRONOMICAL.
You could barely find any video guides let alone videos of clears.
Someone who hopped off because SAM wasn't "meta" after 5.2 shouldn't be considered a SAM main.

Zenos was always a good guy

>too good to be true.
Sam will never get to shine as long as you guys are too afraid to answer the BLM question.

What games have better quest design?

Danke herr doktor!

He's always been the good guy he just likes to hunt

Sandbox mmos are not like that at all and they promote letting the player play at their own pace because timers are also intiated at the players pace rather than being daily shit that forces you to log on at specific times of the day

I just finished Seiryu Ex, made an anima weapon for glamour, and got Botanist up to 70.
Aside from grinding out Seiryu tokens for weapons I'm pretty much good.

>the fucking Titan questline
And this is why you skip the story until you defeat Titan

Attached: 1480487734648.jpg (640x360, 59K)

Not like SCH has much else to do with oGCDs with Energy Drain and Quick Aetherflow getting taken behind the shed

Sup bro, you look like a reliable tank, want to join me in liberating Ala Mhigo?

Attached: schberd.png (700x700, 1M)

literally the best guy in a meta sense

Based and bun pilled

Attached: 1545159107197.jpg (1200x848, 136K)

RDM, MNK, and DNC chads are in an Alliance. We're all bros

Attached: AF10B4AF68AC4BF9AD79C968C58DFC1A.gif (250x250, 229K)

You're fucked

None, he's an idiot complaining about reality.

There's a hard limit on what kind of quests you can have in an MMO
>Kill
>Talk to
>Fetch
>Deliver
>Use this McGuffin at a certain location

That's it

Any quest that doesn’t tell you exactly where to go and makes things drop automatically once you have the quest objective.

Witcher 3

I haven't played in ages and Stormblood won't unlock until ShB is out anyways so I'm getting all my crafting to 60 and working on my 2.0 Relic, almost done the Nexus step.

Sure, let me equip my gear we're good to go.

Attached: tumblr_oke93yav311u9juewo1_1280.png (558x1000, 939K)

I GET TO FOLLOW RED FOOTPRINTS IN THE GROUND

GOLLY GEE

The leveling dungeons better have slutgear, hw didn't

Attached: 67076412_p8.jpg (1300x1600, 1.03M)

When do I get my khloe's lover title

Hmm... Aether in the air. Primal... Gotta be.
C'mon Boko!

>*whistles for magic horse*
>*autoruns on road to quest marker*
>*toucan sam vision activates*
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a Drowner™, gotta be"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*follows nose*
>*guys in Drowner™ costumes appear*
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS! GET 'EM"
>"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guys in half*
>"Mhmm....Bandits™ pretending to be Drowners™......better tell the village head about this"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*autoruns on road back to village*
>"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as Drowners™, here's proof" *shows flipper*
>"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA WHOLE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
>"Drowning in Danger" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received

Shedbros...

Dear God I'd play an FF5 remake in an open Witcher 3 style world/graphics.

this
It’s nice being able to identify and ignore tasteless e-thots at a glance.

Every time.

Attached: Exdee.jpg (631x658, 39K)

Can't wait until DNC friends join in on the fun. We'll finally have someone's back to scratch.

Attached: kTUZs2V.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

>kill
Usually in old mmos asks for proof of kill by getting a droppable item from said monster, the item doesn't always drop. In ffxiv the quests are designed so you either always get the drops or keep track of the stuff you’ve killed. Sometimes the quest also involves killing a specific rare enemy, in old mmos you have to find it or use a specific item to spawn it, in ffxiv its just spawned for you once you reach the location.

>fetch and deliver
Same as above

>talk or use mcguffin
In old mmos they dont tell you were to go just a general location or the name of the npc you need to talk to. In ffxiv you always have a marker telling you were to go.

I really hope Varis dies, and Zenos has to take his place, but he and the Imperial who was with Alphinaud go with WoL on a trip around Eorzea just having fun and trying local cuisine or fishing

I sure hope yoshi gives us a few new slutsets so all dancers don't end up wearing the same gear

here's your ff14 influencer for tonight bro

Attached: s.png (429x241, 210K)

If you ever played EVE before, you pretty much have to be online or bot 24/7 to stay relevant in the game or else your ship gets destroyed or you lose out on lots of money to be made.

I need crafter/gather job to make some money. Independent job. I heard alchemist, fisher and culinarian are good. Is it true?
I learned Seiryu Ex yesterday. Looks like it's easiest EX in game. I hope I will get clear.

Who needs slutgear when you can just mod your game?
My cat looks like a fucking bimbo and I love it.

Level everything.

this is good pasta

have it in kojimbles flavor:
>*whistles for magic motorcycle*
>autowalks on road to quest marker
>*Pinwheel vision activates*
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a BT™, gotta be"
>"Come on, fetus"
>*follows pinwheel*
>guys in BT™ costumes appear
>"OY BLOODY GHOST SOUNDS"
>"President of jack shit" ALALALALA but on cello *sets guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic walk and cuts guys in half"
>"Mhmm.... Hazmats™ pretending to be BTs™......better tell the post office head about this"
>"Come on, fetus"
>*autowalks on road back to village*
>"HEY FUCKIN FUCK CUNT DELIVERY BOY, WHAT ABOUT THE SHIPPING LABEL WE PAID YA FOR YA FUCKIN FUCKING CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as BTs™, here's proof *shows ladder*"
>"HEY BRIDGER, HERE'S YA REWARD THE WHOLE POST OFFICE CHIPPED IN"
>"Busting up BTs" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 packages received

>literally a whole HOUR LATER, queue for bardam's mettle
>GET THE SAME FUCKING NINJA
>tank does big pulls of 7 mobs or 5 mobs
>the ninja doesn't do aoes even after i ask them to nicely because it kills big groups faster
>pld gets really triggered by me asking them to do aoes and to "get on with the dungeon, they can do what they want"
>tell pld that if the ninja does aoes, big pulls die faster and it's less stressful on my mana pool
>pld says i'm being toxic
>tell them criticism is not being toxic
>we do first boss
>ninja doesn't do distance-based aoe again, gets one-shotted by boss again and still hasn't learned
>ask ninja why he's not doing the mechanic, still no response, not a word from the ninja
>mch tells me to fuck off and that the ninja is doing his job fine, tells me to stop bitching and continue
>tell mch that if he doesn't like me criticizing the ninja, he shouldn't do ex trials or raids because there's a lot of criticism there
>mch tells me he's done every bit of content in the game
>look at the mch's fflogs, not a single thing so he obviously hasn't, but whatever
>pld refuses to pull the next group and tells me to leave the dungeon
>tell him no and say they should kick me and that they'd be doing me a favor because i'm not putting up with this ninja again
>after 5 minutes of telling me to leave they finally kick me

why is criticism a bad thing? why is giving someone advice on what they could do better a bad thing? either way i'm glad i got kicked because i really did not want to raid with that ninja, but holy fuck i am really sick of shitters

why am i the bad person for not wanting a person to do dogshit dps and wanting them to actually pay attention to the mechanics in a fight. here's me asking the ninja to do aoes by the way, this is what the pld got triggered by me saying. was i not polite or something?

Attached: ffxiv_dx11_bhqgG70RyH.png (418x36, 30K)

True dancerchads will wear Amon set

Will we be able to use the world transfer system to go to a less populated server to skip queues when shb launches?

Attached: 1556974797948.gif (511x310, 1.51M)

Attached: E261C043-A3FE-45CB-884A-E34DBA1451EE.jpg (750x120, 25K)

>In ffxiv you always have a marker telling you were to go.
Not always, shitter. Get your Eureka relic.

>Usually in old mmos asks for proof of kill by getting a droppable item from said monster
That's what "fetch" means

>Ninja
>Mana

Nigga, what? Did I miss something?

ay hol up, inv me to the party i big dps

Attached: Respectable Citizen.png (1024x576, 672K)

>mommies
They should be fit, but huge tits can stay.

Haven't played since finishing the Savage mode of the first raid in Stormblood in 4.05 or some shit. Can I make it to the end of SB in time for Shadowbringers? WHM main. Also, how many story trials are there?

Did anyone else get uncomfortable during the live letter when the lady kept repeating that the influencers love the game?
As if that's any kind of seal of quality.

i'm healing and the ninja isn't doing aoes, big pulls are stressful on healers if they last a long time

i was trying to heal and running out of mana doing so because the ninja wouldn't aoe

Attached: 1474175121696.jpg (405x270, 47K)

>US hates Eureka
>but praise "old MMO" design and XI

Attached: 1559515762389.png (500x530, 181K)

>regular shitty fetch quest design
>talk to quest NPC
>collect 10 boar asses
>return to quest NPC

>FFXIV fetch quest design
>talk to quest NPC
>talk to another NPC and sit through cutscene
>collect 10 boar asses
>return to the waking sands and talk to Minfillia
>go back to quest NPC and sit through cutscene

Time to spam Skalla then.

Attached: 1465424677697.png (349x461, 37K)

I think I'll be able to cap out some classes once I get the aetheryte earrings from the SHB pre-order

Yeah Seiryu Ex is stupid easy. Even then it still took the whole weekend to get the clear. Imagine wiping to enrage at 25% with only 3 deaths.

>don't know what the fuck I'm doing as SAM
>still do 45% of the groups' DPS
I feel like a shitter, but the way Midare Setsugekka just fucking deletes enemies embiggens my penis.

Attached: 1439777973465.jpg (640x563, 229K)

Not all mmos are about world pvp like that. There are many old sandbox mmo comparisons that can be made which definetely let you play at your own pace. In FFXI for example, everything can be done at your own pace, theres no “race” outside of camping notorious monsters. If you can’t camp said notorious monster you also have alternatives such as buying its gear if its trade able or getting alternative pieces of gear. Furthermore ffxi was less about the endgame and more about the journey to it. Its a much more chill and less stress inducing atmosphere.

You don't pay his sub

Who here going home?

Attached: 1558574422130.jpg (1920x1080, 698K)

Most of the people that complain about Eureka never got to Pyros or Hydratos which is where Eureka gets good. Anemos and Pagos are the filters. It's like in FFXI how people get filtered out at the Dunes or FFXIV where people get filtered by the ARR story. It all gets better once you're out of the dunes or make it to Heavensward.

When shitters don’t want to listen you could just take the hint and drop it. If it’s really unbearable just ask to be kicked sooner, there’s no point in arguing that much.

>an entire country is this one anonymous poster on the internet

Fuck off.

Its almost like its two different opinions coming from different groups of people

JP doesn't like Eureka either, they're just bugmen that feel the need to do everything

user, always keep in mind that the only one important thing is that you like your main job and that you have fun with it. Don't let other people tell you "your job is shit".
I main Samurai and we kept getting shat on during the whole previous expac, so two years. But I didn't give a shit, because I had a lot of fun stacking skill speed and doing muh iai jutsu because I'm a massive weeaboo.
And if someone gives you shit for it in content, just reply with this simple sentence that is guaranteed to piss these people off: You don't pay my sub.

Attached: Sprite_DPS_SAM_5x.png (110x125, 2K)

>thats what fetch means
There isn’t a single quest in FFXIV that is like that. Whatever fetch quest you are pretending it has is just kill x amount of x monster while the quest objective is up so you get your guaranteed drop. Btw i’ll mark the exact spot on your map where the monsters are and even track them for you as icons in your minimap so you have no problem finding them

>one specific instance that 99% of the playerbase hates
There's a reason everything else has markers and hardly anybody does quests where you only have your journal to go off of.

>lets take a boring old school MMO grind but then remove worthwhile rewards so you're just grinding for the sake of grinding

>anyone who plays XIV in 2019 being the FFXI 2004 core

different audience bruh

Hopefully I get everything out of ShB in a month.

I got to Hydatos before giving up.
Combination of being sick of it and also satisfied with the Pyros weapon.
My biggest complain is the constant resets, it feels great when you're at the end of a zone and able to participate in any FATE and fight all the bosses and ride your mount. Then you move on to the next zone, walking again, killed by everything again, can't contribute in FATES again, can't fight the zone bosses again.
It's fucking terrible.

any type of criticism is regarded as crying or whining, even happens here on Yea Forums
as long as they're fine and someone else says the opposite they're in the right and you're in the wrong, great community btw

I think i will play WAR since i just don't know who to play nut i have a question: is dressup cute?

Post me some good MCH glams I wanna change up the set that I use.

I hope my Intel Pentium with integrated graphics can run this game.

>do doma on crystal
>warrior is single pulling
>healer doesn't dps and can't keep the tank alive even though he's barely taking damage
>other dps is really good

Should I level Monk or Samurai? Which is faster and more fun?

>tfw can't tell off shitters anymore because they can report and ban be for criticism
Just leave and take your 30 minutes. Go work on an anima weapon or gathering or whatever.

Probably will, the content doesn't last that long and then you're just grinding the new tomestones.
I plan on cleaning up ShB and then going home.
I'll stay subbed to both though and enjoy both together.

>worthwhile rewards
Mounts, Relic, Elemental gear, Glamour, gil

i honestly just needed to get it out of my system

How the fuck, after 2 years, did they manage to come up with ShB DRK?

Hey guys fixing this job is too hard lets just remove fucking everything but a single combo and an oGCD. Oh also they are still the "magic tank" despite the other classes having better cooldowns anyway.

Actually seething tbqh.

Attached: 1558652871449.jpg (780x481, 180K)

If it was bad it wouldn't be a second most popular job in raids. Your friends are an actual retards.
Now in ShB if potencies doesn't change it's possible that DRG might be doing almost SAM tier dps while also having buffs.

Attached: Capture.png (847x260, 25K)

Completely different audiences. Very few FFXI players play FFXIV. Most are either playing ffxi in private servers or going back to retail which actually seems to have a growing community once again. A lot of the players also seem to be waiting for XI mobile in hopes that it will be a similar experience to original XI

>Not going for ye olde englishe like "Thee contributest naught to mine recurring fees."

Samurai.
Monk has TK rotation and job future doesn't looks very bright

Monk is faster but monk isn't looking too hot in ShB. Sam can be pretty fast and is looking to be improved in ShB.

Just leave. xiv coddles people too much.

>Hydratos is fun

Bashing on enemies to spawn fates where you need 350 crystals for one fucking weapon and you only get up to 10 crystals with each fate except one fate which rarely spawns.

Picked up every Saturday for the month. Nothing makes the time go by quicker like racing against the clock every day.

I unsubbed a few months ago and my server got moved to Crystal. Is it really as bad as they say?

If you're a tank or healer, just log out of the game. You'll get kicked within a couple of minutes and can requeue for instapop.

it's worse

>mounts
Aesthetic
>relic
Outdated and invalidated grind after every expansion
>elemental gear
Same as above
>glamour
Aesthetic
>gil
Essentially the most useless currency in the game, literally only useful for aesthetics

Eureka is pretty good change of pace.

Every server sucks if you're playing with randoms

Attached: winter-gunner.png (340x570, 350K)

>worthwhile

Evacuate immediately.

What datacenter was this on

Every tank rotation gained buttons you fucking defiance grey parsing fuck.

>Complaning they're dumbing down the game and more casual
>Still hasn't beaten Ultimate and totems for all the jobs

Honey...

Oh noooo not 50 more fates, that's way too much

So what's "worthwhile" according to you? Press X to win button?

Relics are aesthetic too though
I hope Mnk gets one that doesn't look like ass this time, Sphairai and Kaiser Knuckles are still the only good looking relic fists. If the Mnk ones are lame again I'll just do it with Warrior this time.

I'm too ESL for that, user.

uh...gil can buy anything in this game. clears, gear, pentamelds, even people's accounts. people often trade in their gil for PayPal money and that can be used for anything.

No, it's the same shit as ever
Even PF

Yeah, I thought it was just memes but these people barely seem to try most of the time.

Dumbing down jobs =/= dumbing down content.
But I can see them making savage even more easier just while keeping ultimates the same.

>This sucks, fix it!
>remove skills
>This still sucks, fix it!
>remove more skills
Stop complaining or they'll be down to 2 buttons next expansion.

yea what is a worthwhile reward? savages give already irrelevant rewards, since you dont need that to clear the content as the new tier is released crafers can already craft better gearset for you

I’m complaining that the game us getting dumbed down when its already so easy. I wouldn’t be proud about only having a handful of relevant bosses every expansion either, especially since they will be outdated by the next expansion.

crystal of course

which is why i'm thinking of transferring

Follow up question, which is more complicated? I don’t really want an easy rotation.

Elemental gear is literally best gear for NIN.

I actually don't mind Ethys. He looks like a filthy hippie and probably is, but he keeps his non-vidya political shit off-camera.

You're playing an MMO. It can't get any dumber user.

It was about DRG.

I'll miss ammo, but not SB ammo.

Based weebposter.

He's talking about DRG you fucking retard

They''re both easy. Monk has the TK rotation which would be more up your alley but they're going to remove it come Shadowbringers.

Worthwhile gear that will last you for the entirety of the games duration. i wouldn’t expect you to know that since this is your first mmo.

SB was my first experience and and I had a lot to do during downtime. This time I'll probably stick to savage, EXs and 25 man to gear other jobs. Let the sub run out during the downtime between ultimate and the next raid tier. Ultimate really burned me out.

play sks SAM

Healers and Tanks on Chaos please queue up for Kugane Castle.

Attached: file.png (455x67, 9K)

Is there any reason to bother playing now if I just plan on using the level up thing when the new expansion hits? Not interested in the story at all.

oh no wonder. Crystal is a awful datacenter. I feel bad for any new player that unknowingly starts their character on it. They are in for surprise once they meet the Hello Kitty Emporium or /vg/ community.

I fucking hate it, stop giving us bard trash

Gil sells for peanuts nowdays, can't beat the chinks. Might as well get a minimum wage job.

Thanks lads.

>Worthwhile gear that will last you for the entirety of the games duration
Post examples of worthwhile gear
>i wouldn’t expect you to know that since this is your first mmo.
I played Lineage 2, Ragnarok and WoW.

Welcome to vertical progression, enjoy your stay

>ywn cum on her scar

I can't play a race that has limited headgear.

>55%
more like 40%

Attached: 1542564236906.png (446x435, 79K)

>suggesting sam for complexity when hagakure is about to get nuked from the game

Attached: Patchbypatch.jpg (1440x412, 269K)

Honestly I think anyone who plays Shadowbringers and Classic simultaneously is in for a good time.
I don't know why people stick to one MMO so hard.

It's the same shit everywhere, rarely you'll get offensively bad players that also aggressively refuse to try
You can't do anything about it but leave the instance

25 at the very most, which is unlikely.

>game came out NINE YEARS AGO
>still can't mute players in instances
I shouldn't have to mute the whole fucking game to get away from ping spammers.
What the actual fuck

Attached: 1365403085814.jpg (248x223, 18K)

Sucks for people that didn't cash out months ago when 10 million gil on Balmung was worth $40+

Based armchair raider that anonymously pretends to world first prog

?????? haga made it easier

It's the remnants of console wars shit.

Buttons that only serve to simplify shit
>managing resources while AoE spamming in dungeons is too hard, I need a combo!

It happens far less on Primal but you're right no datacenter is immune to bad players.

STOP MAKING ALL THESE THREADS FAGGOTS

WE'RE BURNING THROUGH THEM IN 2-3 HOURS A THREAD

SEVEN HELLS

BASED

>arguing about parses
>again
Every thread.
Now post Japanese clears and start mental gymnastics about
>different mindset

Stuff on that level isn't common on Crystal either

>removed Hagakure
I'm a brainlet and this excites me.

So you’re a zoomer, which is exactly why I wouldn’t expect you to know.
To answer your question, xiv uses vertical gear progression, so with every patch comes a new piece of gear that is a straight upgrade to the one you grinded for just a few months back. Basically “it just gets bigger”.
In order to make gear rewarding you need horizontal gear progression, which means you get side grades most of the time with the occasional upgrade.

>TP is a fun mechanic
Yep, I sure do love having an arbitrary limit placed on what I get to do because the retarded SAM doesn't even have Goad on his bar.

>caring about parsetrannies

You can block them if you dont want to see what they are saying

Best way to level DPS pre hoh is still potd right?

>removing mechanics is good
>casualization is actually making the game less clunky
Hmm

>entirety of the game's duration
>in a vertical progression game
Are you the same retard I was arguing with the other day? Fuck off back to GW2 you fag.

Even with horizontal progression there's always going to be a Best In Slot set to work towards, especially when the stats on gear are just raw numbers and there's no additional effects or set bonuses at all.

Squadron

I'm going to play DNC and I'm not going to glamour anything because I don't care about glamour

What’s wrong with that?

If you have something to watch on your other screen so you don't die of boredom, sure.

Huh, really? Unexpected.

Tanking was already casual as fuck user, don't act like it wasn't. You had five buttons and one unga bunga cooldown unless you were DRK, we got nothing

TP was literally a useless feature, it had no impact apart from fucking you if you were absolutely destroying a boss. Stay retarded mate.

>Add horizontal progression
>Now old content is ran more than new content because the old content drops the meta best in slot and not the new content
>New players have to contest with loot with veteran players
>Game becomes an unbalanced mess because items have more weight over the skill of the player