Why did Mordhau died?

Why did Mordhau died?

Attached: mordhau.jpg (696x393, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/108
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mordead lol

Did it really? Should I still buy it or is it just a flavor of the month?

4 (four) maps, and all of them suck

its just chivalry but somehow even less fun

It's not though?
It might in a couple more months if we dont get some new maps and fixes.

flavor of the month that attracts the "git gud" crowd

Frontlines is the only remotely interesting mode
Best way to play Frontlines is rolling your mwheel with a spear, rapier, or zwei
All the Frontlines maps are imbalanced as fuck and clearly favour one team over the other
Horde mode is just Frontlines maps and they keep punishing you with balance patches for playing the only feasible way - turtling.

>For Honor Killer they said

LOL

you have to have ever lived to be killed user

For Honor killed itself years ago

>Doing a Link spinslash is a 100% viable strategy
>Horses are goddamn tanks
>Attempting to repair anything teleports you

Gee I wonder

Because it's a shitty one trick pony

bugs can't even play it properly NICE GAME

chiv was garbage. chiv was shitty in every way. chiv was jank. chiv made no sense. chiv was imbalanced. chiv was completely wacky.

but at the end of the day chiv was fucking fun. I really can't say the same for mordhau.

I can't even tell you what's wrong with it.

sure the lack of maps, the op weapons etc. but there's something about the gameplay itself that just isn't fun the way chiv was.

frontline sucks ass,
only 4 maps
every "deathmatch" server is filled with 1k hours spasmic niggers

It's not

I enjoyed the first 3-5 days of playing with game with my buddies alot. Then everyone stopped playing at the same time. Its probably because of lack of maps.

it didnt die
it will if they dont fucking add anything though
im sick of mountain pass

i hate how i not only have to look out for enemy horses but team horses that trample us and ruin my positioning

Ok then, give me a better alternative
> F-FOR HON-
Please
> C-CHIV-
Without exploits and with and more than a 500 player pic per day.
> W-WARBA-
I said an alternative, not just going back to the thing I just quitted
> WAIT FOR BANNER-
Never gonna happen.

Face it, This is ultimately a niche genre and this is the only thing we have for now, and reposting the same thread Everyday wont change it.

>no significant updates or balance fixes or even new skins since relise
it's dead, Jim

novelty. it's gone

>4 maps

Come on now, there's at least six. Play something other then yes there's 4 for frontline, taiga, camp, grad, mountain peak, but then contraband and tourney in other game modes. 6 isn't much better but at least make it sound like you've played the game.

>imagine being this mad about an indie game that you repost the same thread every day since it came out and still being wrong
Keep at it user, maybe someday you'll be right and it'll be dead

Twitch streamers and their orbiters stopped playing it and so will the people that lack game sense.
And thank god. It's now possible to win Taiga as blue because everyone that's left has something resembling competency.

Can't wait for actual content and balancing to go through, though.

Attached: 1434579778303.png (300x185, 61K)

>mordhau released
>/fhg/ dies
Coincidence?

>not playing Warband despite being the superior product
Yikes, cringe and downvoted.

4 maps. lol

Attached: mord.png (256x112, 45K)

Why is Yea Forums so retarded?

Attached: steamcharts.jpg (750x534, 47K)

it still has over 20k players which people said it would be dead by now fuck off with this shit thread

but the devs have been lacking, seriously
they made a million dollars and they cant even pump out an update whats up with that?

>Never gonna happen.
It's literally going to be playable at gamescom this year.

>I said an alternative, not just going back to the thing I just quitted
Why did you *quit Warband?

more to do with how absolutely lackluster this season is.

>Why did Mordhau died?
4 maps. simple as

FOUR
MAPS
(4)

It's not dead, it's just the massive hype wave that is through. There are also too many incredibly annoying loadouts to play against that the devs haven't done anything to mitigate.

Every fighting game worth playing has one level and a dozen different backdrops for it.
Which is to say, you don't play it for the maps.

Attached: wake me up.png (257x136, 25K)

>other gamemodes
Nobody fucking cares

>Comparing a 64 player 3D brawl with a 2 player 2D fighter
Do you hear yourself?

>"Its a small team, please be patient! :)"
>Goes 4 years without a release date before having to release in a broken state because they went broke
>No updates from them in over 3 weeks
3+ years of making the game and they cant even balance this shit. 100% proof that you should listen to the outside instead of their gated reddit community

Attached: 1556011747379.gif (500x375, 368K)

Playing the same game for almost a decade can become kinda tiresome

Also I wasnt aware for the gamescom, did they finally finished it or its jut a demo?

Mordhau will be a really great game once it gets some balance adjustments and extra content / maps. Hopefully now that the game is out beyond purely pre-order beta testers, and the stream watchers are playing it. It will get the balance it needs, I hope they also add new mechanics / perks for more options.

"No !"

Lmao at all the complaints itt despite the 4 maps thing. Git gud.

>muh OP weapons
>muh annoying loadouts

Name 1 OP weapon.
Any weapon and loadout can be countered if you're good.

this isnt a fighting game.
i like frontline and only play frontline, thats what I did in chiv.
if the game severely lacks something that should be included at launch then im not playing it and calling it shit until its fixed. simple.

Balance shouldnt be done willy-nilly, look at For Honor and the shit show their constant "balance" patches caused in the community. You people want the same fate for Mordhau? It does take time too collect data for proper balance changes, otherwise devs usually heavy hand them into huge nerfs.

The point is the replay value comes from somewhere besides there being four maps. There's a very satisfying skill curve and anyone who enjoys it will be there if there was only one map or one hundred.

It's going to be a multiplayer demo and there are going to have the multiplayer beta sometime after. They will be showing off the Campaign too but it won't be playable by the public. Though I have seen videos of the singleplayer in action so I assume most of their work at this point is polishing the systems and making them work good.

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/108

Thank God I refunded it after playing for 10 minutes. I knew in seconds it wasn't going to last.

Post yfw you didn't fall for this garbage game.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 8K)

I was tempted to try it but decided I would save my dosh for something else.

Attached: 150824Y.png (528x440, 354K)

This might be true for Duel servers, but the devs didn't intend for those to come about.

>pay streamers to play their game for a month
>end of the month they stop playing
>numbers go off a cliff

It's a mystery for sure.

fotm game like sekiro

it has just 12 devs who were clearly not ready to have their game sold half a milion times on release so they have an audience that expects regular content updates that 12 people can't/don't want to deliver

It's pretty fun at first but you quickly realize in Frontlines that if you don't just pick a weapon with good spam damage and spam stab attacks, you're gimping yourself. For one on one combat, you're gimping yourself if you don't spam feint until you get lucky when your opponent gets fucked up or bored waiting for an attack to actually come out.

How the fuck do you have 213 hours already? I've been playing BFV quite a lot since launch and I'm at 200.

because chivalry is the same thing but better

Its 25th most played game on steam at this very moment when majority of world either sleeps or work. ITS NOT DEAD LOL

Every multiplayer game has a meta. In other words you complain about water being wet. Swords for duels, spears for gangbangs, shields for cowards. Anything else is clunky.

Attached: zeaf.jpg (600x600, 58K)

Because it's fun.
I'm a neet and nobody is responding to my applications, video games and alcohol make me not think about that too hard.

Attached: 1511546798883.jpg (818x658, 382K)

I have been playing since day one of the Alpha

Attached: 20180202033835_1.jpg (587x738, 171K)

>played for 2 hours and got rekt and now has an opinion

>game is pooly balanced
>"its just the meta dude"
Imagine shilling poor game design just because you're in denial.

Sounds about right, someone should make a documentary on what indie devs do when their games sell big. I bet they go on spending sprees after living the last however many years nearly broke on a small wage or in some cased even going unpaid too finish the project (in 1 man development usually).

>Why did *** ***'d?
ESL, hello

>poorly balanced
There is a reason why every army ever used long spears / spikes: cheap, even braindead peasant can learn how to stab under 5 minutes and the only actual counter is peasant with even longer pike or archers.
>maybe they will implement some counter mechanic which will allow you to knock / grab long weapon out from enemies hands when they run out of stamina but i doubt that

I am sorry that your short sword, axe or poleaxe has short reach or piss poor speed. But hey, duel servers are a thing.

What is USL?

Hackers

>the only actual counter is peasant with even longer pike
>short spear consistently outplays every other much longer polearm

big oof

>its realistic so poor gameplay is excused
Wow, that sure is fun. For extra fun there should be a 1 in 3 chance your character contracts dysentery which stops you playing.

You really remind me people who complains about ryu spamming fireballs in street fighter, awp one-shotting scrubs peeking corners in counter strike or newbies complaining about getting rushed under 5 minutes by zergs in starcraft.

Thats because currently that one """short""" spear has that sweet stamia+reach per stab ratio. You can keep being on that annoying range where short weapons arent close enough to hit you while you are nonstop ready to make one step forward and poke them in the eye. Longer versions take too much stamina per poke so they run out of fuel too soon to compete.

Trust me, they will nerf spears and you will just cry about rapiers or even zweihanders. Adapt or go back playing singleplayer games. Or stick to duels: gentlemen sport.

>runs out of shilling potential in only two posts
Funny you mention those three games, as they're infinitely more balanced than Mordhau.
>ryu's fireballs do little damage and can be dodged. Long animation means that a ryu character spamming can be caught off guard if they're not careful
>getting killed by an awp player peaking around a corner means you should probably not leave cover
>zerg rushes if countered usually results in the zerging team getting quickly beat
>mordhau = half the weapons are useless because muh realism lmao

chivalry was dead pretty fast, these games never live long because they suck and are only played because people hope this time it will be better.

ITT: sour grapes faggots who haven't played the game.

There's a lull in player numbers just like any fucking release. If they can put out content itll be back.

for honor is a horrible game, only looks good in webms.

Chiv died because Dev are fucking dicks and banned people giving constructive criticism on improving the game and fixing the game and tell them that they are not devs so fuck off

git gud

>There's a lull in player numbers just like any fucking release
and how many have actually come back to top

As long as there are enough players to find a game fast enough and it being worth it for the devs, I don't see the problem with 'low' player count.

Do you really expect a game with shitton of weapons and "weapons" like flute or rock to make every single one of them viable? Do you realize what you are implying? It would make the game sterile and all weapons would be the same.

Humor me, how do you want to nerf poke based weapons? To make them do even less damage? To make a poke take as much stamia as one swing with zweihander which has potential to decapitate in one swing? To make them have piss poor range so the ingame models will be visibly connecting with the enemies body but the hit wont register? Or outright remove them?

Had fun for about 20 hours so got my moneys worth but its gotten repetitive as fuck

>Do you really expect a game with shitton of weapons and "weapons" like flute or rock to make every single one of them viable? Do you realize what you are implying? It would make the game sterile and all weapons would be the same.
what the fuck is this retarded argument

got 100 hours, had fun but im disappointed with the modes and lack of maps and am worn out already
frontline could be a better TO but its not because getting pushed back to your base isn't fun when you cant even defend it properly as theres about 20 different prebuilt ladders and no chokepoints, no cool set pieces or immersive objectives, custom maps will probably be great but that's implying the sdk ever comes out

Devs have already been paid. It's already on route to go full DayZ.

>having balance ruins the game
>nerfing the op weapons would ruin the game
All weapons should be viable, otherwise there is no point having them in the game. Weapons shouldn't be the same, but all be a valid option in a number of scenarios. Being fucked with barely any chance of winning because I have a sword and someone has a polearm isn't fun and the realism argument is lazy game design and nothing short of an excuse for said lazy design. Even Mount and Blade has meme weapons like knives have some use with them being fast and unblockable, but in return they do little damage.
>humour me by fixing a game on the dev's behalfs
Not my job. They're the ones who got paid.

The real question is why anyone votes for Taiga

>100 hours and worn out already
>already

Attached: 1558229395132.png (1280x720, 181K)

>all weapons being viable is more sterile than some weapons dominating the meta

Attached: 1551177839308.png (497x493, 468K)

You have literally no idea of what you are talking about

>all these drones mad about balance
>yet everything works in frontline even the most stupid builds
>they're just scrubs who get rekt by bigger scrubs who use shield/stab crutches

Attached: 87456789.png (500x616, 108K)

>flavour of the month game sucks balls
>"lmao just git gud lmao"
Cringe.

that's insane player retention for a 1-month old game

Of course this game is gonna suck if you play it for half an hour and get rekt by every scrubcrutcher you come across. Shields and stabs are not that hard to counter.
I will admit that drags on stabs should be fixed somehow, still you should git gud instead of crying for more balance.

game is allright.
needs update that fix stuffs and add/rework a few features, as well as some content.

i wouldn't mind if they started adding paid cosmetics to support it longterm.

It's fucking hard to get into a server in my region because they are all full all the damn time. I'm forced to play on really shitty community servers with admins who ban people for swearing in chat.

Tbh m1 spam is the most annoying thing but it's fine as soon as you get the party timing down because they never block after getting married.

Still nothing is more satisfying then kicking a shieldfucker to death ever since the patch

retard

The game genre is a niche that doesn't have many fans in the first place. The concept is interesting, due to the fact it's not very much seen on games, but by design it gets old very quickly. Novelty is not enough to carry a game for long.

>The game genre is a niche that doesn't have many fans in the first place.
Maybe where you live but the game is FULL of normalfags who use their real life face as their Steam profile here.

considering i played chiv for 700 hours yes
sorry youre a casual shitter who flips from one flavour of the month battle royale to the next

Waiting for updates

Mordhau is far better than that bullshit

what a pathetic tryhard shill, Mordhau is one of the current better games

WRONG

FOTM
No substance
Combat is actually shit

will morhaubro kill himself if the game dies? that would be nice

Attached: 1537472514794.gif (511x512, 105K)

>shield+rapier/ss is OP
>if found in duels you can kick his ass to death since they will only try to stab always
>if you find them in frontline just start wacking his shield with the help of a bro and watch his lanklet shield arm fall off

lmaoing at retards who die at these fags. They are still fags tho

How did it die? Around midday the average player count is 20 000 players.

But its one of the most played games on steam currently according to player tracker.

It's unrealistic garbage like other games, instead of doing something different and going for realism and made another arcade meme shlock like every other game

>buy mordhau
>play it
>love the shit out of it
>come to Yea Forums
>"LMAO DEAD GAME FOTM NOONE PLAYING IT"
thats a yikes from me

Attached: 1558251803034.png (604x630, 353K)

>have shitcast
>lowest ping possible in-game is 50
>regularly double that on servers >=48 players
>once it starts pushing 70 or more parries, kicks, and chambers will regularly fail due to latency disconnecting animations from their effects
I'll start playing again if they ever fix the fucked netcode and rent some better servers.

>Trusting that Yea Forums has good taste when 99% of the threads are weeb gacha shit, AAA bullshit, console wars or e-celeb garbage.
Yeah no

I don't get what's bad about fotm.
What game do you play longer than a month?
mmos?
Getting around a hundred or more hours out of a game seems pretty good to me.
Even though i wasted more than 2000 on TF2 for some reason.

>install it
>tard swing all day, killing friend and foe alike
>refund

I already played Chivalry.

I play with 80+ ping regularly and I have no issues
what the fuck is your reaction time grandpa?

Attached: 1558300153426.jpg (557x604, 51K)

It's not even close to dead. Fuck you.

Attached: 1559430044675.gif (189x200, 1.57M)

>still has tens of thousands of people playing per day
cope and seethe OP

Post your mercs!

Attached: I cast fireball!.jpg (1920x1080, 532K)

Yea Forums hates literally everything now, just come here for news on videogames. Yea Forums is absolute fucking shite in its current state since everything is political and everyone wants another tortanic, even if it does well if it didnt beat Fortnite it was a failure. This place has become desperate in its pursuit of things to point and laugh at failing.

its okay but didnt match chivalry in its prime
shit maps with boring objectives and bad balance
they tried to make a more technical game but forgot the fun part

50 hours in, still surprised by new stupid builds that end up crushing.
Watched someone use a War Axe and get 98 kills in a match.
As the general meta shifts and people favor one weapon, people find others that completely break it.

Attached: rightly.jpg (1173x104, 10K)

Good enough that there is a remarkable difference in my performance between high and low-ping matches. It has nothing to do with reaction timing when someone stabs right through a parry only to notice that the damage doesn't register until the opponent's weapon is already being pulled back. There's a good 20~30ms deficiency there.

>now

Attached: squeeze.jpg (380x391, 31K)

I've seen a couple of dudes running around with the war axe feinting the shit out of everyone and getting 50+ kills in the servers I play in. Crazy that they can get a weapon with a near useless poke and such short range to be effective. Guess that's why its damage and speed are so high

holy fuck this post is bad. Please refrain from posting again, thankyou.

what's the point of setting up the fancy merc while most of the time you only look blue or red?

the weapon reach distance surely is weird in this game.

You can turn team colors off, also deathmatch/duel servers

Demo mode is fun
Only plebs play with team colors enabled, You're not a pleb, are you?

Attached: 629760_20190603080527_1.png (1920x1080, 3.29M)

Anybody know why they completely ignore swing speed/physics in this game unlike mountain blade? It's weird as hell that point blank stabs with full length spears do as much damage as they do at full reach.

Ima be honest, I still play the game almost every day, but I cant handle more than 1 hour.
The fucking map balance is killing me, if you want to actually win, play a different game or know exactly which side to pick on every map.

Attached: 20190510172232_1.jpg (1040x839, 189K)

>playing on a duel server
>a fag joins with my name and starts throwing firebombs

Its the second top selling game on steam right now

Does this piece of shit still not reserve your server slot when you're loading in?

Spot on. This killed it for me too.
The balance is non existent on any map. Even the ones you think are balanced (Grad and Camp) are broken. If the maps aren't working against you and an interesting match, then it is a fucking stomp fest. It's retarded. What this game needs is balanced maps and auto balance through level or a new ranking system, which they supposedly are working on.

I literally joined on Grad and it's again a stomp where two minutes in you know the outcome.

Attached: Oi lad, you want to come up here.jpg (748x750, 190K)

thank you for setting the record straight, shill
you definitely know what you're talking about

>balance is nonexistent
Mountain Peak is 2fort tier balanced
Which is to say, it can be over in two minutes or 2 hours
And I love it

Attached: a good fucking game.jpg (427x73, 25K)

>know exactly which side to pick on every map.
I didn't know how to describe this feeling but there it is. Its like making a bet every map

Nice, I wish I had more of these matches. 90% of my matches are 0-500 for either side, and I'm for most games on the side which is getting stomped. Fucking horrible game design.

>Flavor of the month games are really popular for a while

I had a mountain peak match end in a draw.
A FUCKING DRAW. I didn't even know that was possible

More wine m'lord?

Funny and I thought that Mountain Peak was one of the shittiest maps

Stab drags.

it's just another flavor-of-the-month streamer bait game that people get bored of after a few days. pc gaming is a reddit meme.

because its programmed like garbage and if you dont have an ssd enjoy waiting 5 minutes for the game to start, getting dced the first time you join a server because the map takes too long to load, and the first 3 minutes of the match being an unplayable laggy mess
every time i think i want to play mordhau i remember the fucking effort to even start it and just do something else

I agree the loading times are shit but who doesn't have an SSD nowadays?

me

desu I rarely put games on my SSD but yeh for Mordhau i've been forced to because the loading is so bad.

>game is so poorly developed it takes years to load
>"just get a an ssd"
It's as bad as the people who defend the supercomputer requirements for Arma.

My load times aren't bad, unless you consider being the ~10th person on a team to load in bad

Is it Mord-hau or Mor-dhau?