Pathologic 2

I just got to day 4.

Everyone around me is dying and everything is trying to kill me. Send help.

Attached: Pathologic-2-Free-Download.jpg (670x384, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JQDRjbxXUmc
youtube.com/watch?v=VPFOrxXF9YM
youtube.com/watch?v=v6VuA5wnNt0
youtube.com/watch?v=Oiw9GYDyemM&list=PLB5F153C9DAAC596D&index=19
youtube.com/watch?v=3c_RU2NcJ9c
youtube.com/watch?v=_JUDG8F6AyY
steamcommunity.com/app/505230/discussions/0/1644290549121469811/
youtu.be/k8SOGOD1CtQ?t=4m30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want Grace to sit on my face

I want Murky to make me lick her dirty feet clean.

I want pedos to fuck off
By the way, isnt khan suosed to be much older than he looks?

SAND PEST IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

Attached: Rat boi.png (554x400, 87K)

*ahem*

FUCK ACTORS

How do I upgrade my inventory

Workbench in your lab

Any tips for relieving thirst?

Attached: 20190601223321_1.jpg (1920x1080, 276K)

Don't you need cloth too, or something?

How many endings are there? I just got the Diurnal ending. I know that the Nocurnal one is the one where you choose to hide the papers. How do I get the other ending(s)?

Attached: 20190602233528_1.jpg (2560x1440, 227K)

I love these guys. FUCK orderlies though.

Attached: 20190525131626_1.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

Attached: 20190524001237_1.jpg (2560x1440, 59K)

Accept the deal or fail to retrieve papers.

Wait, is there seriously no "good" ending in this game for keeping all of your bound alive? Why even keep them alive then? Why even have bound at all?Most of my bound died and I still get what seems to be the best ending.

Which design do you prefer Yea Forums, classic executors or 2 executors?

>Why even keep them alive then?
Because you care about them, you heartless butcher?

>Why even have bound at all?
I'd assume something bad happens if they all die... probably. But yeah, gameplay-wise, it feels like the bound are mostly there because the original had them.

These threads spoiled too much for me, i shouldn't have come here before finishing my first story.

2's are perfection, I just wish you'd see them more often. I feel like you see the plague cosplaying as an executor more times than actual executors.

This is the kind of game that isn't ruined by knowing a few story spoilers desu, even if it's best to discover all of it on your own.

That fucking sucks man. Wasn't it in the original that you got the shitty ending if ANY of them died? Surprising they made it so much easier to get a decent ending since they seemed keen on making 2 so much more difficult than the original. I really don't like this change tbqh.

We'll see them a lot more during Bachelors campaign

This game tracks how many times you die, even if you load a save. WHAT.

this game is hard and meta af, i love it so much

>0% of players have the "imago" achievement
What even is it?

So are hunger and fatigue actually threatening? I filled both meters for shits and giggles and that does fuck all, the health is depleting at extremely slow pace. Can you just ignore those completely and have 1 hour nap and 1 potato eaten before fight segments?

I think saving everyone (what isn't hard, maybe except Aglaya) will lead only to another variation of Diurnal ending, where you wouldn't meet any Tragedians and probably get additional dialogue in Theatre.
It's probably something related to tumor in front of Theatre or it's for getting all achievements but it was added only few days ago so nobody has it.

I love Daniil!

it's disabled. it's basically playing the game as you should, when they add the casual sliders

"yep, it's an achievement for the canonical level of difficulty. it has not yet been enabled, because the difficulty settings have not been enabled yet either."

Attached: 1313.png (678x130, 28K)

>sleep for a few hours since i've been staying awake on coffee and tinctures for 2 days
>plague waiting for me when I wake up
>"umm listen sweaty I'm infecting everyone you care about ok? go fuck yourself"
>had 5 panacea and 2 shmowders, just enough to cure all the bound
heh, nothing personnel plague

Attached: Pathologic 2019-06-03 21-01-47-78.png (1920x1080, 1.21M)

Its not like it would have mattered it they all died anyway since this is Shitologic 2. Who fucking cares about the bound just let tham all die and you still get a decent ending lmao. Fucking trash game made for casuals.

>finish day 1
>run out of inventory space during the night even though I filled the cabinet in Vlad's house
Fucking lockpicks take too much space, I've restarted just to manage my inventory space better during the first day

what are wrappers for?
i wasn't able to buy any on the day the dead item shop had them because i had to cut my night short since i was dying

Is there a reason why steppe settlement is empty or it's just unfinished?

Spoiler shops start accepting wrappers instead of money after a certain day

Theres a reason, but its also unfinished. One of the stretch goals was to have the steppe be heavily expanded upon with new locations and that didn't really happen.

Attached: Pathologic 2019-06-03 22-44-36-91.png (1920x1080, 772K)

Seething difficultyfags.

the fuck is that annoying noise in the bridge square
always have to lower the volume

are there any caches that have a cloak in them?
i'm on day 7 and i still haven't gotten my first inventory upgrade

Just buy it, you'll finish the game first if you depend on random loot for your upgrades

>Murphy is Blood
>Aspity is blood even if I have no clue when that happened and haven't talked to her since day 3
>Sticky isn't for some reason even if he practically lives in the factory

how do you prevent murky from dying? don't let her go see her "friend" on that one night?

just talk to her friend

Go see her friend with her, then make the deal with the plague

>day 6
>one person infected
>nobody died yet
>everything is going sable
>died 2 times (1st one on 3 worms mission, other time to some random faggot with a knife, and now I can't hug anyone)

I haven't got past day 2, but aren't those just factions from the previous game? Blood would be Changeling's followers

how do you make this deal?

You literally can't miss it, you'll see when you get there. Just take the burden on yourself

no, I think bones is "leaders"(Lara and Rubin too for some reason), blood is "family" and nerves is "everyone else"
Blood also may or may not make people protected from the infection

Is Act 4 really this empty or did I fuck up?
I know I still probably have 1 day left of it but the previous acts had multiple questlines all over the screen with many of them merging at some point
Also I have only spoken to Aglaya once, wasn't she a more important character in the first game?
I tried to talk again and she just said that she didn't consider the Haruspex important enough

Attached: act4.png (1920x1080, 662K)

Where do you have this conversation?

Act 4 felt really rushed yeah. The beggining of the game made it seem like Aglya and the general were going to be really important charecters and they are barely in the game.

>Where do you have this conversation?
During the Nocturnal ending you can get up the Polyhedron and the children there have some dev related stuff to tell you. Reminded me of the theater exchange in the original.

Attached: 505230_screenshots_20190602134526_1.jpg (1920x1080, 87K)

polyhedron is very loud in this one
makes sense desu

Do you actually have a son/daughter in this game?
A friend recommended to me this game on the basis that I like to play "dad" simulators but after reading the summary nothing gives me that indication

No but there's a lot of shitty kids

Eh I guess that's good enough

You take care of few children, some of them even live with you

Notkin is so fucking hot

Which section of the steppe spawn more herbs?
Running like a mad man around here but I don't see much spawns.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (2560x1440, 424K)

rock formations, around cemetary and the old village ofc.

Here are those I know of. The settlement on the far right has the most, but it's also the longest run.

Attached: 1.png (2560x1600, 3.82M)

The river on the west too, but I never felt the need to go there since you get a ton of herbs in circled locations anyway. Water becomes a problem at around day 6 anyway, so you'll have more herbs than you have water flasks to make tinctures

Attached: 1559572495997.jpg (2560x1440, 647K)

>tfw pathologic threads are finally slowing down
it was fun while it lasted lads. Looking foward to these threads being really active again when Bachelor drops.

Who else finished the game without ever using a gun? I honestly don't see any reason to use a gun in this game.

Revolver could 1 shot thugs in the head and I think it always finished fast looters in 1 shot but I heard it's fucking trash in this game

sell them at the bar

For me I barely used them because the pistol is garbage and I never had nearly enough money to buy the shotgun. Also I still have no idea how you even get the rifle even after finishing the game.

They took 5 years and the game is still a rushed mess. Embarrassing.

>revolver
>takes 2 shots to kill a random thug
>sometimes the second shot doesnt register because of stutter and it takes 3 bullets each worth 120 steppe bux kill 1 thug.
>Thugs magically spawn on top of you in houses ready to shank you.

no thanks

Yeah, you master the knife like a proper menhu. Grief gave me a shotgun and I shot some fags just to try it out thought, kills everyone in one hit from close range

I spent the whole game without a gun until Grief gave me the shotgun for a quest on like Day 9, and I didn't even shoot it once because I was afraid I'd need the ammo later (never did, btw).

I loaded up a save and got a revolver. Bandits literally take two bullets to the head and don't even get staggered. The knife or fists are better to be honest

Yeah I was talking about the first game.

I used shotgun once
to kill infected person for his brain

How is 2's OST?

youtube.com/watch?v=JQDRjbxXUmc
Original one was top notch. It really supported the atmosphere.

i prefere the original soundtrack form the first game

What happens if I kill the shanked guy on the first day during the surgery? I assume nothing special but still.

Its good but its not nearly as interesting as 1's OST.

First one is superior, but the music in 2 is really good especially all the steppe chanting

OST is guttural steppe noises.

His friend attacks you, Grief doesn't give a fuck

It's fine, I really liked the Steppe music and some vocal tracks by Theodor Bastard, but it was much more ambient-y this time, which made it stand out less.
I also just really love the original music.

youtube.com/watch?v=VPFOrxXF9YM

Attached: 11.jpg (5682x2362, 1.43M)

where does Vlad Jr. go after the termitary situation? I convinced Fat Vlad to go, but now his son's missing from his usual spot

Big V goes in Capellas room, check there maybe it's the same for Young V

Where's Bachelor? He was supposed to be here getting drunk REEEE. Should I just wait till the next day?

Attached: whereisbachelor.png (1280x720, 1.27M)

the original had better music when you wander around the town
2 has some songs that play in specific moments that are 10/10

Any good loot on them though?

He should be inside the pub sitting down in a chair across from the bar

You get a lockpick and some organs from the dying guy, the other one also has a lockpick and some other random shit. Just murder them and rob that place too

Well it's two bodies you can dissect without consequences, but you're also filling up your inventory with organs so you can't loot the rest of the house.

Ok artemy

Attached: 6FBE866E-BA47-427C-9455-AB61426F5217.png (520x76, 49K)

For those who finished it, what are your overrall thoughts on the game? Did it meet your expectations? What are some things you weren't pleased with? Will you be replaying it?

Does the game run good yet.

11/10 replaying it atm and will probably do so even more in the future.

He's totally missing. Now I have a bad feeling about it.

Reminds me about vtmb a lot.
I'd replay it with a different character with a different gimmick.
I don't see a point in replaying Haruspex since I would do the survival gameplay part the same way. Maybe if they added difficulty options that alter it.

Where is clara after I talk to flat vlad about SACRIFICING HIMSELF

It's a masterpiece. I just don't quite understand the purpose of the bound since there's no recognition if you save everyone despite plague's shenanigans.

she should talk to you as soon as you go outside and direct you to young vlad

Is day 8 glitched for anyone else too? Notkin is infected and I can't find him anywhere. There's a couple of dogheads infront of the polyhedron t-posing as well.

Attached: 15889234895.png (936x1404, 1.74M)

I like it
youtube.com/watch?v=v6VuA5wnNt0

>be much older than he looks
I think you can only be a certain age before you aren't allowed in the polyhedron. Also I believe there's time fuckery in there, but I don't remember too well.

Steppe. Home.

"Children are burying the doll" is top notch

Give me a couple hours and I will finish it but so far my thoughts are
>Abattoir section is poorly thought out
>permadeath debuffs weren't a big deal and i get why they were added but they still felt like a bad idea
>everything except of the music is way better
>all characters are better too, you care about saving them
>Except Aglaya who got shafted hard and suddenly falls in love after 1 conversation unlike the original where it was more gradual, plus the sidequest she offers is retarded and out of character for the Chadruspex to abandon his kids like that after hauling ass all day to save them
>the someone dies so you miss out on all their sidequests thing was a mistake and makes some days empty for you if you get unlucky, not that it matters much since you don't really have time once enough people have died to notice the missing quests
>second half feels rushed, it's 75% doing hospital tasks
>Murky a cute
>Cringeling is a bitch-ass motherfucked who pissed on my kids, but not hard enough for me to stop her
>Bachelor route WHEN

Attached: 1449420158392.jpg (493x380, 165K)

yes, it's a common bug
sticky and notkin oftenly disappear after day 8-9

Attached: D2xa_4rWkAcIk7N.png (900x544, 453K)

>it's 75% doing hospital tasks
??? No it isn't?

Tried playing the original now, couldn't get into it immediately after finishing the remake. I guess that's a given.
I was still surprised though, I think I finished bachelor's route 2 or 3 times, the haruspex story once and always dropped cringeling at like day 7, so I expected to just go back to the game like I always did, but the remake made it seem so "less" in every way, if that makes sense. I dunno, I'll try again after some time has passed.

Attached: ss_077238cce46bd43160b4d73953e2428df0ae9d64.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 610K)

The inquisitor arrives on day 7 and until the evening of day 9 all you have to do is sidequests until you get told to go to the Abbatoir
Meanwhile Act 3 had
>the bull ritual
>bringing the bull to the bachelor
>researching what an Udurgh was
>researching if the disease has a will of it's own or not
>stealing a toolbox to ugrade your brewery
>brewing and testing medicines
>the dream
>going to the abandoned village
>coming back to base and brewing the panacea
>talking with the plague
>looking for murky
>talking with the plague
And the previous acts all were full of interconnected sidequests like that
Sure, Act 4 has some sidequests like the Termitary/burning graves/Lara ones but the "main quest" related to fighting the plague is just a linear Abattoir visit and the sidequests are all mostly unrelated
Just take a look at the Act thought menu and compare to the previous ones, it looks way more simple

He goes to fat vlad's room

>only 2k copies sold

Attached: 1543715322328.png (449x1197, 67K)

cloak, yes. there's at least 2 upgrades, the first one takes a regular cloak and some standard sewing repair items, and the second one takes a repellent cloak and a sewing kit and some standard sewing repair items. first upgrade gives 2 2x2 squares and i am not sure about the second since i haven't found a repellent cloak yet

drink water you damn dweeb... rifle through trash to get a bunch of bottles and fill them up somewhere that has available water (check to make sure the first bottle isn't muddy before getting more and never drink out of the tap before you see if it's muddy first). keep some spares in your hideout for making tinctures and emergency water and the rest you can drink and trade. i've never run into a situation where thirst was a problem. if you went and got all the water barrels destroyed or something i assume you can repair one of the pumps like the one outside of lara's for instance.

the original varies enough in plot points even within the haruspex's line that it's worth it to play for the story if you can tolerate the gameplay

i honestly bet more people would have bought it if it wasn't $35... i'm pinched for money and a damn torrent addict and i would have strongly considered supporting the devs for around half that

Attached: pathologic2scalpel.png (590x790, 365K)

where proofs

>running around houses in the bridge square district trying to find where some shitter is hiding dead bodies in houses
>piano music coming from one house, let's check it out
>house is empty except for Capella of all people
>her mother would always play that piece for her, and she's been chasing the sound all across town like she thinks Victoria's ghost is playing for her
>the next day, wandering by the Town Hall
>piano music coming from the shop across the street
>huh, maybe that's her
>it's fucking Fat Vlad standing in front of the piano, he tells me a story about how he and Victoria first met in that shop
How the actual fuck did they manage to make pretty much everyone so much more likeable in 2? Talking to the Reflections makes even the Saburovs less awful.

did anyone find out who was piano in the other houses? it looks like there's an achievement for it.

Attached: 1548890114945.gif (500x500, 607K)

Attached: pressx.jpg (207x253, 8K)

>replaying
>want to find Vlad and talk to him again for that backstory
>dont want the comfy piano playing to end
fuck

Just started paused to eat, aint even met ferrymen.
absolute SOUL. Impressed with the artwork and all.

You find a confused worker playing that tune. He says he doesn't even know how to piano, and yet there he was.
Capella assumes it was Victoria's ghost fucking around, though it doesn't really grant her any comfort.

I fucking love how the game just throws you into deep shit immediately. Haruspex was a good choice.

Neat. Probably is for all we know. I don't know if I missed all the relevant stuff in Classic or not but I never felt like I understood what was going on with the previous generation, so all the bits 2 is elaborating on about Nina and Victoria are basically new to me. It fills in some much-needed holes, though.

I guess that would be Clara's sphere of influence? They're grooming her to be a Mistress, if I remember correctly.

>did anyone find out who was piano in the other houses?
There's a guy who has no idea why he was playing it and Changeling, who says she wanted to poke around by playing that song and see if that would attract the spirit IIRC. Capella thinks it was a ghost either way. A comfy quest, the music's nice too.

Attached: 1495605245473.jpg (500x375, 30K)

>a comfy quest
Sadly didn't have time for comf those days, feels like 3-5 were the tightest in terms of schedule. And I swear half the time it was coming out of an infected house.

Bachelor would be boring and slow as moleasses, i hope they rework him with some special mechanics, that would be sic.

oh SHIT

Attached: bull.png (1920x1080, 1.08M)

>tfw 4 shmowders on the morning of day 3

Attached: the smugness-that-be.jpg (900x900, 89K)

I almost missed this on that day, had to reload to check him. He was a good friend, I liked when you sang a song to him that one time.

Attached: aaaa-59d5dd1097701__700.jpg (700x696, 113K)

My biggest problem with this game is I feel like none of the charecters got enough screen time for me to truly care about any of them. The worst offender is Aglya who has like 2 or 3 short scenes and then shes apparently in love with you.

what was nice was it made it feel like you weren't questing. It was so natural.

Yeah they handled her kinda weird in this game.

Yeah, that's fair, just going by what we have in P2. We'll get to see everyone from a different perspective when Bachelor's and Clara's routes come out.

>tfw missed the entire romance subplot because I never had the time to visit that cunt

>I never had the time to visit that cunt
I savescummed to check if she had anything to say per day and all she said something like "Surprised I don't have a quest for you?You aren't important and I'm busy, go away"
Nothing else, journal didn't update either
They legit have her fall in love for no real reason

All the twyre must've went straight to her head.

It gets used later in the game.

Is it worth buying those sewing box and green cloth for the inventory upgrade,
or will I get those materials for free latter?
Those materials are expensive.

>Bachelor rips and tears through 10+ armed soldiers to burn the letter
Sounds like Bachelor kino will return during day 11 this time around too

She loves you in the original too, but it feels a lot more earned as you're the only person in the town she deems competent after you complete a bunch of quests for her. You also talk to her a lot more. She's kind of your advocate in the same way the general is Clara's advocate. As for the other characters I think they were a lot more likable and fleshed out in this one. Also keep in mind there's quite a few that you're not going to have too many conversations with until the other two characters.

>Everyone dying
>Trying to kill you
>DAY 4.

Weak.

>normies too dumb for pathologic
jeez stop the presses.

>boot up game
>game crashes twice while playing for no reason
>crashes a third time and brings my entire computer down with it

risky move taking an already niche game and releasing it horribly unoptimized IPL

65 hours in, I still didn't have a single crash. Are you sure there's no reason?

Haven't had any crashes in 50 hours. How long have you played and how many crashes have you had? You should send them crash reports/specs.

why is the changeling such a cunt now. she was SWEET and CUTE in the original

>5 fucking years of dev time
>only 1/3rd complete
>clearly rushed out the ass
>unoptimized as fuck
>characters will just randomly disappear for no reason

Y I K E S
I
K
E
S

You get one "for free" in your father's house on day 4 if you decide to kill the ones that are robbing it

You still see the sweet and cute miracle-worker sometimes. Hell if I know which half of her is nicer, though.

>she was SWEET and CUTE in the original
she never was, she always was a hobo who acted like she knew everything but even in her own route she kept fucking up

t. doesn't believe in miracles

I feel it was a mistake to meet him so early on in the form of the medicine tutorial, I felt like he was bigger thing somehow in the original.

Attached: Albino.png (1200x1600, 239K)

but you don't meet him?
You just play with the Haruxpex's childhood toy who happens to look similar to him

It's just a doll, silly.

I don't know about the other one though.

Did the shabnak do anything in Haruspex's route in the original? I remember him showing up in Bachelors route.

>I felt like he was bigger thing somehow in the original.
Probably because you die of AIDS if you get close to him as Bachelor

Attached: Albino unleashes.png (250x481, 133K)

>Sticky disappeared, he is infected,
Is he going to die now?

Also found Capella talking to Khan, i was teasing her a bit and her response was super cute!

Attached: 3540180-desktop%20screenshot%202019.05.27%20-%2014.29.43.58[1].png (1920x1200, 1.77M)

Where can I get the water barrel for Lara on day 4? I've done every other objective for the day and I'm pretty set on supplies, but thats the only thing bugging me

Yes. I wanted to keep everyone alive so I had to load back a few days before he disappeared.

The One For All achievement that says face the future with your friends, are you supposed to get that from gathering them at the campfire? I've done it twice and neither time has it unlocked.

no, its when all of your childhood friends survive till day 12

Yeah that makes more sense, web page I was looking at is just full of horseshit then

>there's at least 2 upgrades
There's at least 4 and the fourth one requires what looks like something a soldier would wear

35 hours in and on second playthrough, day 5.

realistically are we honestly expecting the bachelor and changeling to be implemented. i might be overly pessimistic but i don't think we're going to see them

Should i accept to cut the bull?

Attached: 1485881511391.gif (800x1000, 918K)

Check around the middle of the town. There are guards standing by the water barrels. Get water bottles from each one, you'll find a special one.

Realistically never. They already have a ton of work to do for properly patching the game and sales aren't that good.

I think Bachelor is guaranteed while Changling is a maybe. Its likely that a lot of work has already gone into Bachelor's campaign so they could probably finish him without it being too much of a strain on their studio. Also its not like Changling is all that popular of a campaign or a character to begin with so they might just say fuck it and move on after Bachelor gets released.

>but you don't meet him?
I see you haven't finished the game yet

>moving the goalposts this hard
Day 9 is not early

>>moving the goalposts this hard
I don't think you know what that means. You said you don't meet the albino in 2 and I corrected you because you do. Maybe try finishing the game before giving people misinformation next time.

I beat the game retard, the original post complained about meeting too early during the medicine tutorial and I told him that you don't meet him(early during the medicine tutorial)

Attached: 12.png (1920x1080, 762K)

Is the knife better for combat than the lancet? I'm really struggling with the odonghe and their 3 hits per swing lads

Does ANYONE know where the fuck Lara is after taking the gun from her in Day 10? All I saw in the Shelter was her reflection.

Should I just use the schmowders right away/

thats weird, for me lara, grief, rubin and oyun were in the same group as the kids

Use them on the kids. Don't use them on adults. Use one on yourself if you really have to, but unless you got infected for plot reasons, make sure you NEVER get infected.

He claims he hasn't grown an inch in 15 years, which is about how long ago the first play was performed.

I died without saving after inviting rubin to the reunion and then forgot to visit him again which made only Lara come
That might have been related, plus Grief died almost instantly without anything I could do and I didn't have enough time to do Rubin's nightly quests
I have no clue about what happened to Oyun though, I only talked with him once in the abandoned village when he told me to fo to the Abbatoir and again after leaving it

Huh. He was at Eva's- map marker, too- when I did that quest.

>shoot polyhedron
>day 12
>reused the same walking simulator gimmick of the first game instead of doing something similar to the intro where the town is mostly fucked up
>talk to everyone
>Grace doesn't spawn, but okay
>go to theatre
>only some dead peopel spawn inside
>talk to mark
>game crashes
t-thanks

Grace should be kneeling in the bushes behind the Cathedral.

Yeah it saves instantly when you die.no alt-f4ing :(

>best daughter is literally invisible
What did IPL mean by this, anyhow?

>>only some dead peopel spawn inside
Did you every corner and upstairs too? I'm not saying you're blind, but it IS pretty goddamn dark in there.

Attached: 20190531195111_1.jpg (1920x1080, 447K)

When the game doesn't run like fucking SHIT.

I wonder what the Russian steam forums say. I can't imagine their toasters running this game well.

Probably glitched out.

Is it still possible to backstab or they removed it?

In the original, why were the worm and normie chilling outside Eva's? Given the worms complaints, could they have already had the sand pest?

Attached: fuck this town.jpg (666x379, 104K)

It's still possible.

send help, I can't get past the day 12 crash
She wasn't anywhere, I spent a good 15 mins looking for nehind the cathedral

yep, she wasn't there
And yes, I walked to the end of the top and bottom gallery and no female character who was dead spawned

you havent mastered the art of sight user

Canonically impossible

ok, just checked, not Oyun, he is bones (even though I could swear he was blood at some point)

I've seen this screen for a long time, but I don't ever remember seeing them move at all in the original.

that is the one time you see one move, a quest where you have to escort him to safety, forgot the details

I'm on day six.
Yesterday, Stakh offerend to put away our grudges. I agreed, and we both went back to work in the hospital.
At midnight, I've been told that he is dead. I have no idea why. I've done everything. Some of you in yesterday's thread may remember me bemoaning and cursing the game while I was desperately trying to fight off the Worms.
I've only realized now that it was his peace offering: it was his way of saying goodbye.
Lara is in danger. But she is not home. I don't know where to look for her. Grif is sick. I've been keeping him barely alive for three days.
So much for my promise to take care of them.

Stamatins died, both of them. Few days ago, actually. Both on the same night: merciful, really: neither had to live with the knowledge of the other's demise.
When I was told that Maria is sick, I found morbid satisfaction in it. She, of all the people in the city, deserves it the most.

I'm also sick. I might die soon. By which I mean: I think I might have just screwed up way too much to continue.
I've been incredibly cautious, and avoided contracting it for such a long time. But... those of you who played that far probably know what I'm talking about.
I've been over-zealous in gathering food and protecting myself from the Plague, and in the process, gravely miscalculated how much antibiotics harm your organism.
I have no healing items. Either the plague, or the antibiotics will probably kill me before I get to help.

I've also started writing my thoughts on the game. A review that I might post on steam, metacritic...

It currently has 7500 words and may be half-way finished. I feel fucking mental for writing it.
Bits of it may be salvageable, I guess?

wtf kind of racist shit is this?

Excellent write-up.

Do you have schmowders? If not, try to check for kid's caches. Then you can try to use one on yourself if you have bandages. Tinctures should help as well, but they won't heal it.

If it doesn't go past the review word limit then post it. This is a game where real in depth reviews are very helpful.

> I feel fucking mental for writing it.
Pathologic is one of those games that makes me fucking mental as well.
>Think about it
>Sleep and dream about it
>Play other games and keep thinking about it.

Fucking hell, how does it do it?

Attached: 1553136028065.png (629x481, 133K)

>Then you can try to use one on yourself
Someone said that if you walk into fire it will cure the infection

If the other two characters aren't released I'm going to travel to the IPL office and turn them into fucking tinctures

Attached: Tragedian.jpg (939x670, 133K)

>Either the plague, or the antibiotics will probably kill me before I get to help.
What a wonderful irony

I have... bigger ambitions, though they may be very, very silly.
I was considering offering this review - once it is done, to several bigger gaming journals out there. A sort of "Second View" or "Alternative Perspective". Starting with RPS. While I'm not a native speaker, I have some experience with academic and literary writing. And I'm finding myself to have a lot to say about this game.

I know the odds of them publishing a review from a rando outsider, on a game that has been released weeks ago, an extremely lenghty one, and one that and one that essentially (and politely) says:
>"you own reviewers are drooling retards that have mouth full of how they want games to "grow up", while in reality, all you want is to watch other people doing "grown up things" while you only participate for the fun, inconsequential stuff".

are next to nothing.
But I still want to try. And if they turn me down, I'll try another one. And another one. And if everything fails:
THEN I'll plaster it all over metacritic, Steam and Gog and spam this board with links to it and shit.

I have had infection randomly disappear before, and it may have been because of fire. That might be a good idea.

>Enter office
>youtube.com/watch?v=Oiw9GYDyemM&list=PLB5F153C9DAAC596D&index=19 starts playing
>Nope it the FUCK out of there.

Attached: Scary.png (703x190, 175K)

There was never any hope. You can't cure it. You can't save the city. You can't protect your children. You can't survive.

I think it's a good idea, for what it's worth. The worse they could say is no, and this game really needs some positive media attention.

>Fucking hell, how does it do it?
By being good.
Actually good. Good in a way that is on a bit of a different level than... almost any other game. Which is not to say there aren't other good, fantastic games even.

But... this is the line that was traditionally called "the difference between art and entertainment" or "genre and classic fiction" or fine and low art or whatever fucking variation of those two labels are.

There is something about it that is very inherently valuable.

>What a wonderful irony
And absolutely intentional on the side of developers. This is precisely what they WANT to experience. They do not force it, but they damn well know you'll get yourself in that situation anyway.

>"well, things aren't going so bad. almost done with day 8 and nobody's died yet-"
>day 9
>half the town gets infected and almost a dozen characters are In Danger
>don't have enough +tinctures for all of them
>and even then they're becoming barely strong enough to bump their chances up to about 60%
please tell me I get to make more panacea soon

Attached: 1559592962273.jpg (585x464, 56K)

How do you get so many people infected so fast mate? I'm almost day 7 and I have only 1 person infected, everyone else is healthy.

That'd depend entirely on you, wouldn't it?

the quest for the special blood seemed to hit a dead end after I finished up that business at the termitary. now it feels like I'm just spinning my wheels trying to keep everyone alive while I wait for something to show up on my map

What was Isidor's fucking problem?

Bros do i drink all the blood in abattoire?

hell no, save it so you can make panacea!

Yes, become one with the steppe, become... THE BVLL.

>watching someone on youtube who keeps dying
>they get mad
>cuts to to Immortel smiling at them

I laugh every time.

Attached: ButterEmUp2.png (293x406, 120K)

Attached: MarkHDportrait.jpg (488x579, 51K)

The town is diseased, rotten to the core.
There's no saving it.
We need to pull it out by the roots, wipe the slate clean.
BURN IT DOWN

And from the ashes a new town will be born, evolved but untamed. The bad links will be purged and the children will thrive, free to live as they see fit. They'll make the town great again!

>What the hell are you talking about Papa

You still don't get it? I'm using the Disease as a disaster to destroy the town, so I can end the plague from the Gorkhon

Go for it dude. It would be nice to have one of these game "journalist" magazines have a review written by someone who isn't a sniveling pleb.

Dad is an idiot.

definitely give it a try man

your writing style is infinitely better than anything i've seen out of your average game journo outlet

You should try fighting for what you believe in sometime, son.

Not for the kin, the town or anyone else.

>now it feels like I'm just spinning my wheels trying to keep everyone alive while I wait for something to show up on my map
You're not that far off.
If you want a hint, you can try talking to someone who might know a thing or two about the land.

>town is peaceful before his death
>kill himself+thousands(or did Oyun kill him? I never got any quests related to him)
>don't leave any instructions
>just hope his son figures it out
>just hope the army arrives and decides to bomb the polyhedron and his son figures out he can make panacea out of blood
>after this magic fucking dies, the Kin people he was a religious leader of fucking die and his son is out of his job since twyrine dies
>alternate option is the entire town dying and mindless steppe niggers being the last remaining "humans", rest of the world probably fucked thanks to sand pest and spooky steppe creatures taking it over
>also uhhh dev messages on the polyhedron or something
Mark was right, this performance was a flop
Bachelor route when, the town and it's people to be shelled

Attached: crashing this plague.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

It's a dice-roll, remember?
I've given both Stamatins the most powerful tinctures you can make at that point of game. Both got unlucky. I did not want to waste even more resources diagnosing or treating them. Same with Grief, except I did try my best to keep him alive.

Both Notkin and Khan got sick too: Notkin I suspect can't be avoided if you even engage them about the Death House. Khan I'm convinced got sick as a punishment for one of my deaths trying to protect Stakh, because he never was in an infected district, and wasn't listed as In Danger on the day he got sick.

Maria may have gotten sick because the dumb bitch was walking around city marking random houses for condemnation. But it's more likely that it was natural, part of Stone Square getting infected. I sure as FUCK wasn't in any rush to check up on any of those pricks.
Though I am starting to appreciate the Youngest of Kains, the man who build the Cathedral and created the Clocks.

Oyun?

Oyeah.

Actually, he had to make the hardest choice.
>Were he to let the town fester more, the next disease would kill an untold amount and be a great disaster, possibly even beyond the town.
>It was pretty much like pulling a bandaid at this point. His only flaw was not being able to tell Haruspex his duty before he died thanks to Oyun fisting a giant hole for betraying their people.

He's died so many times that the theater is empty now. I guess even the game has given up on trying to punish him for deaths.

I saved Notkin with shmowder. After that plague itself appeared in front of me and REEEed mad at me. After that Haruspex himself noted that plague broke its own rules by infecting Notkin.

I found Maria marking random houses, so I let her daddy know about shit the she does. She never got infected.

Also it sounds like you missed the dead bodies in houses sidequest.

You're right about Notkin, but Khan actually does sit in an infected district on day 5, I think. It's possible you ran right by it without noticing or something. I had the same happen to me with Lara, if it's any consolation.

How's my day 12 tumour?

Attached: 523523.jpg (1920x1080, 583K)

Clara...
Get the General.

So he just decided to sacrifice thousands of people + magic steppe shit instead of telling people to NEVER dig a hole ever again?
Also wasn't the plague literally Suok eating Boddho from the inside in the original?
And wasn't Boddho a male bull instead of a female cow?

Attached: 1447445843985.jpg (501x361, 47K)

>The problem isn't digging holes, but the lifestyle of the town itself. The fact that it was so different from the way earth intended made it inevitable that the disease would spring up again.

There's something funny about watching the guards beat up the infected people.

Why didn't he just enter the Abbatoir and fuck the heart up?

He's one of those "burn the world down then rebuild from its ashes" kinda guys.

On Day 1 the Soul-and-a-Halves gave me a leash for the dogboy Lika at the Station, told me he would hide at the gumstones.
Went to the marker on the map but he wasnt there, checked the train where he was before but its also empty.

Is this a bug? Where and when do i find him for that leash quest

He's behind a rock, user.

The marker is just for the general location, I found him at the border of the gumstones.

>finish game
>feel like the game had almost no music
>check youtube
>OST is 3 hours long
how did they fuck up so hard with the music?
I can barely tell most of the songs apart or when they played while after many years I can still tell what music played in which part of the town in the original

I can't seem to get it right, where are you supposed to aim? The head?

True, but at the same time when I was 30 hours into the original I was fucking bored of the tracks, whereas this it's fine

Thanks anons, if this is the first part where i struggle i am fearful for the next days to come.

If I want to save Murky when she wants to introduce me to her friend the plague is it enough to get infected there and use Panchaea on myself instantly or I need to stay infected for some time?

So long as you accept the deal, she's good.
Also
>Panchaea

youtube.com/watch?v=3c_RU2NcJ9c

Attached: 1538974247574.jpg (354x286, 25K)

Did you speak to the rat? If so you'll have the right dialogue option available.

i can't do it lads, i think i need to start over

Attached: pARLcpM.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

Where are your shmowders, emshen? You could easily afford one at the dead shop with all those broken ampules.

>no food
>no inventory
>no tinctures
>no panacea

You fucked up senpai.

Make panacea fuck kin

I did a restart but forgot the quest with the leash to trade for a shmowder later,. fuck fuck fuck how could i be such a brainlet

>reused the same walking simulator gimmick of the first game instead of doing something similar to the intro where the town is mostly fucked up
Why would you expect the town to be fucked up if you just saved the town?

i've had one or two total i think
i also have no wrappers to buy food with, already bought what i could afford from the shady shop

i've seen the rat twice, once in the dream and once after a death in front of the pantomime

>the game should force you to play it over again and 100% it to get the perfect ending
>in a game thats entire purpose is to have you NOT treat it like a videogame

what the fuck is she wearing? some kind of hobo-steampunk outfit? eastern europeans are awful at design

Pop that walnut and than go rob somebody as fast as you can. You might get lucky.

>finally reach abbatoir
>time to get salty
>survive with 4 vials on first attempt

Attached: shrug.jpg (750x560, 37K)

im pretty sure the staircase up to the top of the polyhedron is supposed to be the credits.

I was bracing myself for something much harder too, no idea what everyone was complaining about

I know it makes no sense but it would have been better than the walking simulator part
And they could have done more stuff with it
>army actually falls apart for good
>have to somehow get shit together to set up a place near the polyhedron to develop the cure and distribute it to the townsfolk
>get some people to gather herbs or something

do i need to beat them up to rob or can you instigate a robbery without getting physical?

Go see Katerina that day to discuss her brain problems. That's what you're missing.

>100% it
Only keeping your bound alive is not even close to 100%ing you fucking retard. A good amount of people would do it on their first playthrough. The first game expected you to keep them all alive for the good ending because you know its the point of the fucking game.

I always loved day 12 where you get to go talk to people and get their post story and how the plague/your actions affected them.

>4

Keeping your bound alive in the first game was super fucking easy. If I remember correctly all you needed to do was not completely fuck up missions.

Sounds like you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

it would be too hard to win at all. One of the kid leaders get sick and die after 2nd day, you are fucked if you cant find or afford shmowder not to mention looking out for the rest of kids

I drank the first one I saw on a whim because I'm retarded. Used another to heal. Still had more than enough to save the kids.

If the room has a man in it when you steal stuff, they'll start chasing you. Women cower in the corner if you steal from them. but if you get don't find any food in the cupboards you might need to knock them out and check if they have any food on them.

jokes on them, I load the game when i only am about to die

I'm complaining because the ending felt rushed as fuck, they could have done something better than walking around in a empty town before booting you to the credits
The second ending is even worse since some characters like Rubin don't even speak and most don't even have more than a single dialogue choice per conversation, and they end it with the polyhedron dev messages
I know the first one had endings that were the same and a short cutscene that didn't say much but they could have done better
Also the meta should have stayed outside of the ending, a secret theater scene like the previous game would have been better

>talk to people and get their post story and how the plague/your actions affected them
The best part is when you talk to a character and they're completely unscathed, just enjoying themselves and mocking the life out of everyone you protected so much, without a care in the world.

I only got a shitty broken gun from Lara after she failed to kill the geenral

i use my shotgun once when pulled aggro from like 6 muggers

Where do I buy a revolver if I didnt buy it from that guy next to boatdude

You don't. But Grief sells them.

the revolver isn't worth buying for more than 3k. you spend a majority of your time dying because the stupid thing either jams, or the animation fucks up and fires late.

>not repairing it to full on the same day you buy it

>shoot it twice
>its now at 75%
>jams 3 times in a row

no joke ive had it jam multiple times in a row when its durability was mostly full. not to mention the cost of ammo usually defeats the purpose of killing someone. and if you really need to escape, just go into a building.

Grief died first in my playthrough along with Notkin so i didnt bother with guns

yeah revolver is a meme unless they fix it up, especially useless when robbing house and bandits just keep spawning after each opened cupboard

The music is more atmospheric this time, which makes it stand out less, but it sure as hell did affect the mood.

The original game kinda supported itself on the music as mostly the only thing to affect the mood. This made going into an infected district extremely spooky. But in the end I think it's better if the music blends more into the world.

my favorite is when a cop barges in and you shoot them thinking they're a robber.

Don't worry about it too much; the marker's pretty weird on that quest.

The termitary was way worse for me, since there's no way to sneak your way to them and a lot of the time they would grangrape you.

the music in pathologic was a bit distracting because of how weird it was. the OST on pathologic 2 is much more in-line with the mood of the game. The track that plays when you make panacea is great

Man, am I the only person who prefers 2's music? The only really memorable tracks from 1 for me was the Termitary/Artemy's Warehouse (which never really fit in with the mood being Russian industrial techno), Kabak (which gets remixed in 2), the Steppe theme, and the infected house theme.

i didn't really noticed the soundtrack at all beside the climatic music in the night club and the screamiing in the termitory

You need to fire it like 15 times for it to drop to 75%, user. And I never had it jam after repairing it.
That said, yeah, it is only useful for putting down walking body bags. Maybe for thinning out a group of looters... but you shouldn't be fighting those in the first place anyway.

You're not supposed to notice it, that's the point.

did they fix the optimization?

I really want to play it

can you use a flamethrower in this game?

You can only play as Haruspex

I just talked them down and it was fine.

It's better than it was before, but it's not "fixed".

How do you even talk them down?

You dont go upstair to kill them. You need to finish the quest inside the mountain to be able to talk to them

OH SHIT HE'S COMING BACK

Attached: Chadchelor.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

After seeing the heart, the game said I understood them enough to do it so I went back in and it worked.

Bachelor is a Fedora wielding virgin. Only Haruspex is based in this game. Changeling is an ugly cringe hipster

So the different endings, can you reload to experience all of them?

Im glad you can actually run in this game. Its probably something every player was doing right after stamina bar regenerated. Although it probably drain more water

Yeah, I only bothered to go deal with the termitary after the abattoir, but I never got any dialogues about resolving it peacefully. Even went back to Oyun and he just told me to go kill everyone.

Did you see the big heart in the fleshy tunnel? That was what I thought opened it up.

Am I crazy or was keeping people alive more rewarding in the original?

I'm remembering stuff like the architects explaining more about the polyhedron, and learning more about the mistresses, and visiting their tombs, and just generally more conversations with people who survive. I feel like people are more likely to die in this one so most of them don't have much dialogue or interactions outside of one or two key times... You also get to go inside the polyhedron and of course the Powers That Be/sandbox ending. Also obviously there was a special ending for keeping the bound alive and it literally doesn't matter in this one.

But I played maybe 4 years ago and maybe it's route dependent and there'll be more going on with the other two if they actually come out.

But anyway, I feel like everything is better in Pathologic 2 except... the actual story. It's mostly a mechanical/graphics improvement. The last act is where it dropped the ball a bit for me.

What changes in-game after agreeing to the Fellow Traveller's deal? The postmortem debuffs go away, Mark stops coming to the death theater, the death counter changes to 0?

since its just the haruspex, you don't get to delve too deep into the background of any of the ruling families. you mostly deal with your childhood friends and the youngins

you get a shit ending

you lose your ending privileges

I know about that, thank you. The question isn't about the ending.

It always seemed weird to me how that delta area never had any herbs in P1.

>virgin
He fucked Eva the first night he got there.

How do I save both Vlads?

>Haruspex ending references the Bachelor route coming after
Canonically the second route to play as then, which means it will be more complex and not for new players unless they do something retarded and plan to have Bachelor ending reference the Changeling and Changeling ending reference the Haruspex
Can't wait for the deep Kains/Polyhedron lore
It will be strange
Though it will be strange to go full "magic doesn't exist" after knowing it actually is magic
[/spoiler

I may be wrong but I think every single character had at least some sort of small dialogue per day
I do also remember having the option to go back to the Inquisitor/Bachelor to discuss the steppe lore you discovered and the implications it had even if the quests didn't require it
Overall keeping people alive is more rewarding here because if you don't you miss out on sidequests while in the original some NPCs might as well no exist for some characters
And in my opinion Pathologic never had an amazing story, it was carried 100% by the oppresive and surreal atmosphere, so 2 having proper characters is an amazing improvement
I agree that the last act was pretty bad since the "time flows faster" shit made them have less content, and day 10 was just a mad dash to heal everyone you could with very few time left for sidequests
They also ruined Aglaya's character which is retarded since the haruspex is the one chance she has to become an important and likeable character
The rest of the game was 100% a direct improvement though

Attached: Daniil_promo.jpg (1600x1051, 232K)

Yep, talked to it and everything too. I had an objective that said I must be able to talk them down, but I never actually saw any dialogues about it.

what is exactly the ending after taking the deal? You dont get to say goodbye to characters or you just can't end the game after solving the 3 courier quest?

bro hes gay

just somehow never trigger the termitary questline
Worked for me

you cant save the steppe people without triggering that quest and you will never be told who killed your father if you dont do it

>Rubin dies for whatever reason
>Saburov gets sick, disappears from everywhere and dies
>Notkin gets sick and disappears
What is happening

only the premature ending can not be reloaded for
and then eva proceeded to kill herself a week later, enough said

You wouldn't leave Taya to a certain death, would you, user?

Whatever, she felt like a checkmark kid anyway.

Attached: littlest majesty.jpg (953x952, 105K)

I'll grant like with the other user that it may mostly be route, but I don't think I was basically ever able to talk to the Stamatins after the first time and the mistresses maybe once or twice.

Specifically I'm remembering going to do my tinctures and medicine and usually nobody had dialogue, I could only hit x. I might be exaggerating too.

I had
>Rubin dies for whatever reason but then he appears near the train talking about going to war

>you cant save the steppe
who cares about the steppe people anyway
>you will never be told who killed your father if you dont do it
That is pretty bad and I regret not being able to talk with Oyun more but whatever, I already played the original

She lived for me, in Day 10 when the plague uses THAT she was chilling in the empty termitary room
I never liked anyway, she was unlikeable in 2 and the in original with her 50 immunity pills quest

Attached: vlads.png (1920x1080, 3.21M)

What was Rubins quest anyway? I found out he was making some experiments near Grief but i coudnt handle those worms attacking me after i went outside his lair so i loaded it without ever encountering Rubin at night

Peter gets extra screen time if you get Grace out of the cemetery and it's all quality dialogue, but I'm having trouble remembering interacting with Andrey after day 3 at all, yeah.
And we'll see more than enough of Maria when Bachelor comes out, trust me. You'll wish the town was rubble and she was buried under it by the end of his route.

>she was unlikeable in 2
She's kinda cute, but you never get a personal reason to care about her, unlike with all the other kids.

I think the last few days of this version is way better than Haruspex's original story. Going back and forth with the whole trial shit was really dumb, and the reveal about the town is way more interesting that way (it's not all that interesting for a person who already knew the story however).

I also like how nuanced Oyun was this time around. It didn't feel like he belonged in the pathologi universe.

Mine bugged and he doesn't spawn and I get locked inside. I let her down and it hurts.

I don't think you ever talk to the stamatins as the Haruspex in the original beyond some Aglaya errand for polyhedron blueprints or something like that
The original did some things better but characters/story really aren't one of them
I seriously can't remember a single thing any of the Haruspex bound did in the original beyond Aspity introducing him to the Kin and Capella being his main questgiver
I even remember thinking "wait who the fuck is Murky" at one moment deep into his storyline
Meanwhile in 2 you actually have reasons to care about most of them

>that dialog when Peter dies and Grace stays in his house
wtf bros why this game making me sad???

>not liking Taya

The dialogue options felt like talking to an actual kid, she'd be fun to troll.

This happened to me, reloaded the entire day and the bug didn't hit.

She's worth it user.

I really enjoyed this game but I still don't feel like its as good as it could/should have been. 5 years and only 1 playable character wasn't enough for the game to not feel like it was rushed out the ass. IPL should just stick to 2D games from now on. We would probably get more games from them that way as well.

combat was tedious, did not like the cave with the worms, otherwise very comfy game

I ended up reloading to Day 1 because I wanted another shot. Turns out if you know what to do it's pretty hard not to be fat full of coin and loot, yet I got back to Day 6, talked to Karerina and boom. He ain't there, and the door's locked. It just ain't meant to be for my first playthrough I guess.

Everyone seems pretty convinced it's route based, which is fine. I played all three in a row back then so I kinda convoluted the stories to feel deeper and more fleshed out than I should expect with just one route, and didn't remember any issues with Haruspex.

That said, I hope they do come out with the Bachelor route then.

Also a meta Powers That Be ending. They kinda just sprinkled it in throughout, especially with Grief and Aglaya.

Why couldn't you protect that smile, emshen? Why?

Attached: tfw some rat eats everyone you try to comfort.jpg (980x1080, 121K)

think i'm gonna have to start over, i'm just in the shits near the end of day 7 no matter what i do
give me some tips to make the most of the first 3 or 4 days before shit hits the fan

>Liking this ghast of a character
I bet you didn't even talk to your dad

What exactly did the Rat do anyway?
Actually, what is the rat?

It went far beyond my expectations. All of the characters, most of whom were already quite memorable, became a lot more nuanced, interesting and alive. The gameplay feels like they've spent all these 5 years testing and tuning it, and it paid off. Just about all of the additions are positive.
If there's one thing that I dislike, it's that there's no specific pay-off to keeping everyone alive, aside from personal satisfaction. Not even a bit of mockery from the devs for you metagaming the fuck out of it.

Attached: 20190530151654_1.jpg (1920x1080, 119K)

>chooses drunktard retarded brother over haruspex
Grace is based

Why does everything in this game look like shit except for the lighting? The train scene with Aglaya looked especially great.

game looks really good in my opinion, when it isn't stuttering

F I sold the knife in Lara's place.
Where else can I get one for free?

I agree but I can see why, considering what happens on day 10 they cant exactly fill you up with tons of quests. Plus day 12 isnt really played, and all days past 7 get faster. If you day 11 right it really only takes half the day. Act 4 is really like 1/5 of the game, so it can be as short as it is

Is Notkin around on day 8? He got infected and I can't find him in his base, but it hasn't hit 700 yet so he may spawn then.

Eat them.

>Actually, what is the rat?
I don't think you ever get a definitive answer. Probably for the best, though I'm sure we'll see more of him in other routes.

>not liking the local cemetery neet
She was my favorite kid even in the original, and that was when the game didn't bother trying to acknowledge that a little girl living alone at a cemetery is fucked.

>I bet you didn't even talk to your dad
Isidor did... some things wrong.

He goes missing for a lot of people. Some people use console to fix it.

Most of it comes down to buying useful stuff while it's cheap and knowing where to be, really. Buy the upgrade cloth, buy nuts, store as much as you can in Lara's and Vlad's places. If you didn't buy the revolver the first time around, try it now.

day 10 is a given but ther is no real reason to cut Inquisitor scenes out of day 7-9 since she gets most of her characterization in the Haruspex route
I like the day 10 mad rush and everything but having more quests instead of faster time would have been better
If they wanted to add more pressure they should have just added back plague angels or made some shopkeepers die

Dont waste your panacea, walk into the fire near changeling until you infection is out, then chug a tincture. That should get rid of the infection and save you a cureall

you want to test it anyway for Rubin/story, though I guess if you have someone else infected that's a decent time

I was finally able to use it on notkin cause i never cured him from his scripted infection

I agree about the time thing, although its cool to see the effects the cathedral has on time, there should have been more quests added that gives more character to block and agalya instead

How do I respawn him?

How related to Pathologic 1 is this? I really enjoyed my time with 1, but it's painfully obtuse and there's so much walking through nothing, and I'm pretty autistic and like just walking around most of the time.

Its the exact same game but with better graphics/mechanics/updated story. The walking was definitely less painful, would recommend 2 for sure.

haven't done it myself

How do I do the binding in the Abbatoir? There's no fucking water here

In the Termitary? You don't need water. Just kill the first worm and do the herb bride thing.

Friendly reminder:
Don't take the deal, please, for all that matters, just fucking don't.
I did, and I had to suffer, and I nearly fucking killed myself out of sheer rage.

Don’t trust this nigger. Take the deal, OP.

I can't believe anyone did. It's against the whole spirit of the game and it gives such a huge warning. It's obviously bad news.

I thought i took the deal because your health goes to full when you respawn in the abattoir and i was so fucking scared i misclicked the dialogue and would have to suffer like you did

What actually happens? Do you just lose the choice on day 11?

You can't take either choice or do Day 12.

Yikes, that's cruel.

Serves you right for being a bitch though.

>(You)
I was in a dire situation day 7 and went 'fuck it. what's the worst that can happen? just avoid dying more times and you'll be good user.'
boy, i was naive.
im gonna try to beat the game again but with my meta knowledge now after 'beating' it once i think ill be ok.[spoiler/]

Finished. Did nothing but play the game for the last two days straight so forgive me if I get poetic, the writing's seeped into my thoughts at this point.

Saved the kids. Barely enough schmowders to go around since I was generous with them early on, but almost everyone pulled through. Katerina bugged out and didn't make it, but her dice roll was so low she would never have made it unless I cured her on the spot. Grief didn't make it despite my best efforts, the plague wanted him fucking dead. He got sick, lasted a few days with the help of drugs, I cured him thinking he wasn't going to last much longer, he got re-infected, and then rolled snake eyes the night of the 10th. Damn shame, I liked him a lot this time around. Everyone else made it.

I almost didn't. Ran out of food the last two days, pawned almost everything I had on me, cleaned out the warehouse shop, spent all my money, ate nuts, murdered soldiers, robbed houses, slapped on bandaids. Dragged myself across the last line bleeding, starving, but alive. Died a couple of times in the Abattoir due to stupid mistakes. Not much but enough that when I tried to comfort Lara on day 11 after the fight in her house, I couldn't. FUCK YOU, MARK, YOU SHIT-EATING BASTARD.
Tried to take the train out. Thought it would be a cute "you weren't supposed to do that" ending, and I'd reload. Heart sank like a rock. The walk back was especially dark. Good music though.

Last day was nice. Just a calm, pressure-free stroll through the town to talk to everyone who made it out alive. Hope Grace will be okay with only Saburov as her new dad. Everyone else seems like they'll pull through.

Good fuckin' video games, that was.
I need a drink, I think. Or three.

Attached: 20190603184802_1.jpg (1600x900, 88K)

>finish game
>try to replay it but the magic is gone
>feel really empty on the inside and no other game is enjoyable to play
This game gave me post-game depression hard this fucking sucks lads

Question about day 7: If I don't give Anna a spindle, what happens? Just got an army cloak and don't want to restart, but don't want her to get killed.

This moment made me wish Aglaya was more developed. It would have been fucking heartbreaking.

Feels

Yeah, there were bits and pieces of her that were nice but we just didn't get to see enough of her. She kinda went from zero to "run away and live with me forever" in the space of three conversations, one of which takes place over a literal mountain of corpses.

Try The Void. Maybe it'll fill the void

Does Aspity have any sidequests?
I visited her house whenever the quest marker appeared but she never had anything to say, just some NPCs to talk to that never said anything important

so is haruspex route actually more difficult than bachelors outside of the very beginning? haven't played the original yet.

I suppose it's subject to change for 2 anyways but just curious if it's just the bad reputation thing.

I hear bachelors is much easier in first game

It might be easier towards the end in terms of keeping the Bound alive, since Haruspex has access to a decent amount of panacea and mad tinctures and potions, while Bachelor has to rely on trading with little girls to get enough schmowders. Who knows what they'll have for him in 2, I suspect he might get some big changes.

Aspity got shafted pretty hard in the remake. Shes barely in the game.

It's a lot more straight forward and because in the fiction he's an outsider to the culture, just like we are, he can learn about the culture like it's a new thing

>Bachelor kills like 6 soldiers by himself in a tiny house on day 11
AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN

CHADELOR >>>>>>> VIRGINSPEX

BACHELOR FUCKING WHEN

Wasn't most of her screentime on the Haruspex route?
I'm not sure I like how they shafted some of the most important and iconic characters of the Haruspex route

Reminder that he fought during the student revolts of the war
Reminder than Andrey, the absolute madman that borderline threatens teh Haruspex right after meeting him thought he fought like a beast

use spoiler tags you retards

>Aspity
She's pretty important in 2 for the first bit but once you get your shit together and start working on the inheritance she pretty much disappears altogether. Maybe if you go the Kin route she has things to say? Or maybe if you let her do her thing with the kid from Notkin's gang day 3 she's got more to do. The way some of your dialogue options were with her on day 12 made it seem like she was could have had a far bigger role.

I do like what they did with Oyun though.

It's kind of weird how hard she got shafted in the sequel, she was one of the more interesting characters in the original. Her awareness of the true nature of the play really explained the detached way she acted.
I guess it fits with how empty the last act feels overall.

>coming to a general after the games been out for over a week
You did this to yourself you retard.

The moments where she talks with grief for 2 hours and redpills him so hard he gives up on his past life was pretty good though
Shame they rushed the last act

I liked 1 more overrall desu. 2 is better as a game but 1's story is just better and the characters are more fleshed out. They all have a lot more screentime as well so there is more time for you to grow attached to them as opposed to how little you interact with most characters in 2. Yeah the gameplay is better but I don't fucking play Pathologic for the fucking gameplay. The art direction was also way better as was the OST. The walking was bad but you just use console commands to increase your walking speed whenever you felt like it. The remake was more of a side-step as opposed to the massive step-forward that I expected. Pretty disappointed honestly.

Agreed desu.

Yeah, that was good. I guess they kept it subtle this time around, especially considering you don't get to talk to the god children at the end this time but it was nice seeing her become less of a doomer in the old game. and that dialogue where the player talks to her instead of Artemiy always cracked me up
I just want her to be happy, god damn it. It's not fair.

Attached: 1446553891466.jpg (500x566, 17K)

>interest in this game will die off
>so will the comfy Yea Forums threads about it
why live

i wonder how much longer these threads will go on, a week maybe? these threads are already so slow, its a wonder they dont die off before reaching the bump limit

I really liked the letter system in the first game. Even if you were doing everything correctly, having to stop and check every important character when you were in the neighborhood and them always having some interesting dialogue made it so that you never stopped feeling like you were just aimlessly running around like a headless chicken. In the sequel the "quest" feeling is very noticeable.

Attached: 1529969829053.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

>implying these threads wont last until bachelor releases, and then double over

>tfw the Bachelor will decide if IPL lives or dies
Can he pull it off?

Attached: 1558904152856.jpg (1392x1200, 1.35M)

>bachelor releases

dreaming the big dream

Is it possible to find more schmowder on day 10?

no your pc will explode if you find a shmowder on day 10

Did you check the caches?

I dunno. I agree that I liked wandering the town, getting a feel for it and stopping by to check in on people and see how they were doing in the first one. There was a bit more wonder to it, a bit more free time to take in all the sights, and there were plenty of times when I wished I had more time to take in the atmosphere, especially when the good music kicked in like in Victor's house or Khan's Nutshell.

But I can't help but think that was on purpose. Haruspex is the doer, not the thinker. His dialog constantly references him being a man of action who uses his hands rather than his head. You're specifically the man who makes finds and makes the cure. You've got a definite job, purpose, things that need doing and people that need saving. There's a driving sense of urgency, of shit you NEED to be doing; that you don't have time to be dicking around staring at architecture or drinking in the atmosphere.

I might also just be coming up with wank. But maybe Bachelor's route, if it ever comes out, will be more along the lines of what was good in the first game.

Attached: 20190603213309_1.jpg (1600x900, 206K)

Drink Twyrine or explore areas that are empty in the map and you would have no reason to go to to find caches, they might have some
There is one cache directly in front of your base and to the right and one behind Notkin's base

i wonder if the townspeople in my game have noticed that my haruspex stops what he's doing to look at a herb bride when there's one around

Attached: 9decd92176014e2c194f5ed5e29ecb8f8db70e0b.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

I won't give up untill big city snek manlet arrives

Small point: reading old threads, people seem to feel the infection/death rolls are set either at midnight or the morning, but I've found that they reset when you treat someone new.

Example, 3/4 people protected, sleep: you get whatever rolls.

3/4 protected, protect the 4th, sleep: you get new rolls.

>half-runs, half-walks in a zigzag pattern digging through every trash can in sight
>blood splatters all the way up to his elbows, carries a sack that squishes, drips red, and sounds suspiciously like it's full of human organs
>makes a beeline for little girls the moment he sees them and starts offering them candy
>constantly asking townspeople to sharpen his still warm, still bloody knives
my dude, looking at tiddies is the least suspicious thing you could be caught doing

>looking forward to Daniil's scenario so I can finally snap at these backwards steppe hicks
>see more of the Stamatins and Eva
>probably slaughter some soldiers again
>maybe threaten Ana
>no platform shoes this time so maybe the camera will be a bit lower like when you played as Clara in the first one
>mfw I remember I'll have to deal with that insane BPD thot Maria and her beta orbiter Vlad Jr.

Attached: 1559038102296.jpg (500x653, 86K)

>constantly asking townspeople to sharpen his still warm, still bloody knives
that reminds me, how the fuck does repairing work in this game?
In the first one you offered the other people money which made sense
Here you give them your shit, materials to repair it and instead of trying to survive the hellhole the entire town has become they stop to fix your kinda worn down clothes/non-100%-sharpened scalpels

>tfw free revolver on day 1 because it's canon

Beats me. Do you also crack open and eat the eggs raw? The fresh meat clearly isn't cooked, does Burakh just tear into that shit raw as well? Best not to ask too many questions.

And you are basing this statement on what? The position of the cursors changing? The cursors can land in different positions with the same infection and random roll value. If a characters is fated to die by combination of their infection and random roll value, treating someone else wont help. The cursor position on the "roll" in game is not indicative of anything. Survival is calculated beforehand and the cursor just lands wherever in die or no die.

>does Burakh just tear into that shit raw as well?
I mean, the Kin do and he is 1/2 Kin

lmao what a weird fucking reply. I'm basing it off of people who I treated earlier getting infected being not getting infected after I treat someone new. I consciously and successfully saved treatments for people near my sleep location so I could reroll and make sure as many people survived as possible, and it consistently worked.

I hope they keep that bizarre encounter with the Odongh in Eva's backyard that was in the first game. That was such a punch in the gut, it really set the tone that something's not right in this shitty town.
Daniil as an introduction was really great since all the steppe mumbo jumbo was as new to him as it was to the player, but I hope since this time he's the second route it means it'll be deeper. I really like the confrontational little manlet.

Attached: 1559081979740.jpg (728x667, 442K)

You get a different kind of knife for a Day 5 sidequest.

Hey so I unlocked the non violent path to defeat the rebels in the termitary.... What do I actually do now?

>The fresh meat clearly isn't cooked, does Burakh just tear into that shit raw as well?
If i've been as hungry as Burakh, i'd probably will

When the steppe sends its Kin, they're not sending their best.

We're going to build a big, beautiful hornet stinger, and we're gonna make Bodho pay for it!

>draw the lines on the bull day 6
>[x] take your share
>hunger meter is almost full, not enough room for both steaks
Mmm, still warm.

Attached: 1490300068483.jpg (1280x1851, 667K)

>However, I already know that there is a certain dramatic point in the game that simply begs to be adorned with the beginning of Umbraya Erze…”
>youtube.com/watch?v=_JUDG8F6AyY
>not part of the final soundtrack

Attached: 1446764988349.jpg (142x236, 18K)

Just wanna get some facts, cant test it myself right now cause im not on my setup at home. I looked through the save files after i was done with the game to see if i could give myself a shotgun or something, cause i didnt manage to get one in my playthrough. When looking through the characters and player, i saw you can edit the infection/pain/immunity and a "randomroll" value. I played around with it for a bit and noticed some combination of low infection and high random roll lets characters survive. Dont know the specific values though, didnt play with it enough. Can you look in the simulation.xml if the randomroll values of characters actually change if you a treat a different character?

>Marble Nest
>steppe people asking you for healing their wounded kin
>"yay snake man is here!'
>wounded kin starts struggling and says "stop healing me you don't know lines"
>told him to fuck off and heal him anyway
>tfw they gave me fucking heart

Marble Nest was unbelievably kino, I wish things would go to shit half as hard in this game if you fucked up enough.

Attached: 1508449634272.jpg (500x287, 50K)

Is it worth a playthrough? I started but didn't finish in time and couldn't play.

There was a canon revolver at the bone spur in 1 too, but not in 2.

It's pretty short, so if you ran out of Pathologic to play you should totally go for it. It's really interesting, like I said, I wish things would get half that bad in the actual game.
Daniil doesn't look 40 in it either so that's a plus.

Why does it make a scary sound when I give some people tinctures? Are you not supposed to give people the same tincture twice?

'Cause it fucking hurts dude

Why are you giving them the same tincture?

What the fuck does the cats meows mean?

Attached: 1555576725333.jpg (480x480, 23K)

ah so desu ne

it's the transparent cat user
you gotta catch her

What if you're not using the backer codes?

>I played around with it for a bit and noticed some combination of low infection and high random roll lets characters survive. Dont know the specific values though, didnt play with it enough.

Like I said, I was consistently able to get different results in terms of people getting infected or dying or not. I used this on about three days consciously. I actually have paper notes tallying how many people got infected and who died and comparing outcomes to decide which one I wanted to keep.

If you understood the specifics of the roll system I would look deeper into it, but it doesn't seem like you do anyway.

Cuz I only have a bunch of Medrel (+) right now

It means things are cool and hip.

How do you make capella not take your children by the day 8?

I'm so fucking mad right now

Attached: Slavic Rabbit.jpg (540x960, 132K)

What happens if you try to leave with her? I never actually bothered to try and now the game is uninstalled until the Bachmeister comes out.

Day 8, trying to cure some people, Katerina isnt there. She'll be there during daytime right? She isn't bugged like some other characters, right? :(

The army stops the train, shoots her, and you have to walk all the way back to town.

>nigger has zero reading comprehension.
not a surprise.

Walk into the fire and cleanse yourself odongh

i find it pretty hilarious personally, the dogs barking makes sense because it sounds further away, but the meows make it sound like there's a cat right next to you.

>two different soldiers factions fought and kileld each other
>bacherlor came in late and stabbed some dying guy

Attached: 42317131889.png (479x682, 337K)

Is there a command to cure someone or respawn them? They are missing and I don't want to lose a person on my current run.

i wanna fuck that flower

Attached: Pathologic 2019-06-03 18-56-57-99.png (1920x1080, 2M)

If you're in a house with the diseased, go to updateservice, player, nears, select the diseased, boundstatus, change to normal

so can I go back to the abattoir for more blood, or are 5 bottles of panacea all I'm going to get?

steamcommunity.com/app/505230/discussions/0/1644290549121469811/

So what if they're missing? I'm trying to heal Katerina, but she ain't near. Only Saburov pops up on the "near" section when I'm in her room.

i will not allow this thread to die.

Attached: 1559203502632.jpg (750x472, 240K)

Right? I was on one of the stairways to heaven and I still heard one and almost fell off

Ok I found it, holy hell thank god I dont have to fuck around for another couple hours to save her.

Where is Anna on day 10? I’m trying to go for a no-deaths run and her place is locked so I can’t cure her

>tragedians said that bachelor have no real heart
>ok then
>go to kin, get real heart
>bring it to tragedians and like "here is the heart what now bitch?"
>they're go "waaah are you fucking insane daniil?!"
fucking gold

Attached: 15586817957980.jpg (560x575, 208K)

Day 8: how long do I wait OvO

about to try another playtrhough. Could anyone give me some good tips/advice that won't result in spoilers?

Also how fast does time move exactly? Every time I hear the bell I freak out

it's millenial hipsters that have plagued the nu-icepick lodge team who have ruined perfectly sensible taste in fashion design. Hate it as well.

A bit ironic question, when it's followed by a picrelated of Olgimskaya Jr. that canonically always had a drinking fountain within her premises.

fuck this washed out palette.

So, no one has ideas?

Attached: FROM THE EMPTY FREEWAY.jpg (395x395, 29K)

Would it be possible to use console commands to hear the plague voice lines without actually being infected?

>Suffer real life auditory hallucinations
>Can't hear voices in the steppe
Did they change this from the original or has my crazy canceled out their crazy?

Which day and character? I've forgotten the details.

>shitty tryhardy difficulty
>3 deep 5 u story
>And you don't even get a different ending if you do your job right
G R E A T G A M E

Day 1, Bachelor. Eva mentions them, too, is afraid of them; if you speak to them, no matter what you IIRC, they end up aggroing.

>LARPs about defeating death
>can't even make a cure to the disease, ends up just pumping everyone full with narcotics given to him by children
>some hobo manages to invent a cure before him
>bachelor decides to burn everything to the ground in order to hide the evidence of his failures under the guise of protecting some shitty origami structure
I dunno, you tell me

Wasting your time with cock paper shitgun. They'll truncate it or add snarky commentary on top.

i think they're just hanging around. Maybe worms felt something in the earth/ground getting pierced, but that doesn't really matter to the plot, since they don't interact that much with either abattoir or the town. And they certainly wouldn't contract the infection since they live way back in steppes.

just read it out loud and post on youtube or something. Might as well get a few pennies

Reminder that FUCK YOU IMMORTLE FOR REMOVING MY ARMS

Attached: Screenshot (124).png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

>casual
>brainlet
>no comprehension skills
H U H

sounds pretty based

There's a non-violent method?

Even if you know the destination, the journey still differ greatly

He claims he unlocked it but is asking for help to use it. What do you think?
To be clear, I'm on Day 7, I'm completely talking out of my ass.

no great creation can ever suffer from spoilers. We come back over and over again to masterpieces, even if we know the story line by line.
Spoiler fear-mongering is a forced meme by media companies to encourage consealment of trailer materials, so that people will have harder time to judge whether the product is good or not, before buying a ticket like chumps.

30 years ago you'd hear entire plot line of the movie in a trailer and people would still come to watch it. They wouldn't come if the story was boring, which is why tables have turned around.

>that spoiler
Oh? I'm gonna enjoy the next playthrough then

If Lara is a waifu of Haruspex and Eva is a waifu of a Bachelor then who is the love interest of a Changeling?

alexander blok

The general who appears at the end of the story?

general nonce

Great choice, really

Attached: Clipboard.png (214x317, 67K)

its a great short story, music is nice, it even has some animated scenes (in remake most cutscenes are static as fuck, characters are barely moving). also its somehow better optimised than remake

The man himself.
In case you didn't play the original and don't get the joke, he's the only thing keeping her from getting killed in the latter part of her route, and the ending cinematic for her is a bit odd:
youtu.be/k8SOGOD1CtQ?t=4m30s

Attached: 1494180013606.jpg (543x807, 59K)

I looked up a walkthrough and apparently there's a way to just have a fistfight with one person instead of killing 4 worms. This is suppose to open up after Abattoir but my game is bugged because I still have hostile worms.

You're hallucinating silence. Also what are the hallucinations usually?

How do you get in? Am I a complete retard? Day 8 rn

Day 11 came. The bull finally talked. Nothing noteworthy. Did I get memed?

dying before bump limit is just embarrassing

IM SO FUCKING HUNGRY JESUS CHRIST

Attached: health.png (436x532, 202K)

such is life when twyre is in bloom

Should you take Grace out of the cemetery?

I vaguely remember that they, or just the worm, might have escaped from the Abbatoir and were hiding out