I want a Switch game I can really sink my teeth into. Something that will keep me busy for a long-ass time. Suggestions...

I want a Switch game I can really sink my teeth into. Something that will keep me busy for a long-ass time. Suggestions? Not BotW, I already have it on WiiU.

Attached: u44rgd7zbe201.jpg (640x642, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/_/search/boards/v.y/text/ I can really sink my teeth into/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mario Odyssey is probably your best bet then.
Its got a ton of stuff to do in it.

Fatass, video games are not meals!

Odyssey is already on my "maybe" list. Any other decent open world games on Switch? I know Skyrim and Saint's Row 3 both have ports, are they any good?

XBC2

wait for mario maker

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Disgaea 5
Minecraft

I need something to play while I wait.

You can get Shaq fu for like 12 bucks, 5 of them will keep you busy.

The only reason to ever play skyrim is if you are going to mod the shit out of it, never buy it unless its the pc version.

>Minecraft

Nah, I'm getting Dragon Quest Builders in July.

Xenoblade 2
Mario Odyssey
Dead Cells
Tales of Vesperia
Mario + Rabbids

My PC is a piece of shit, and I don't have a PS3/4 or Xbawks. The Switch version is pretty much the only way I CAN play it.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has 200+ hours of gameplay

Xenoblade 2, easily lost so many hours to that game

darius

I played XCX on the WiiU, not a fan of how the combat works in Xenoblade.

This, OP. XBC2 is a time sink

upvoted bro

I mean that's cool and all but Minecraft is still the definitive autistic time waster

>Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Can't beat this in terms of playtime, honestly.

I know but if I'm getting Builders 2 next month getting Minecraft as well would be a bit redundant, wouldn't it?

If the combat is anything like X's, I'm gonna have to pass. It's like playing a MMORPG, and I hate combat in MMORPGs.

Skyrim is perfectly fine without mods. Just don't expect it to be bug-free or well-balanced.

BOTW
>I already have it on WiiU
Doesn't matter, play it again

I'd rather get a game I don't already have.

can you fuck off with your normie memes please?

Hyrule Warriors is a 500+ hours black hole.

I just picked a random Switch-related picture I had saved to make this thread. Get that sand out of your vagina.

I know, I already bought it on WiiU and 3DS. I'm looking for games I can't play on those systems, or at least games that are significantly improved over the previous versions. I don't think the Switch version adds enough stuff to justify buying it a third time, not yet at least.

based redditbro

>playing video games exclusively on one platform
>switch of all things
Don't you feel like you're missing out on so much?

It's worse. Xbc2, fucking sucks in every possible way. I can't believe how downhill everything went.

>Don't you feel like you're missing out on so much?

Not really? There were only two PS4 exclusives I had any interest in, and Dragon Quest Builders ended up on Switch, and Spider-Man is apparently dogshit. As for Xbox, I can't think of a single exclusive I give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about. Plus I'm still salty about what happened to Rare under Microsoft.

Im 700 hours in Rocket League; the game gets more and more fun

For the meantime, RemiLore for Diablo 3-like gameplay or Labyrinth of Refrain

Then wait for:

Dragon Quest Builders 2
Rune Factory 5
Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Neverwinter Nights
Daemon x Machima
Mary Skelter 2
SMT 5 (disregard if you have never played any SMT game)
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon
Gunvolt

I forgot to add FF12 if you haven't played that. It runs really great on Switch.

>RemiLore for Diablo 3-like gameplay or Labyrinth of Refrain

Isn't the actual Diablo 3 on Switch?

>Then wait for:
>Dragon Quest Builders 2
>Rune Factory 5
>Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Neverwinter Nights
>Daemon x Machima
>Mary Skelter 2
>SMT 5 (disregard if you have never played any SMT game)
>Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon
>Gunvolt

Already planning on getting Builders 2. But I want to get another game while I wait for that and Mario Maker 2. Plus it's my birthday next week.

>FF12

No thanks. More of a Dragon Quest guy. But I might check out 7, it's on Switch now too right? Never played 7 before.

Wasteland 2

Yes because minecraft doesn't have a story or actual gameplay concept. Builders is like if Notch finished Minecraft and the blocky character placeholders where actually swapped with fully animated and unique characters. It just keeps the world blocky but there's actual combat and rpg quests.

Slay the Spire when it comes out, or maybe Dead Cells.

What about the masses of worthwhile multiplats?

Splatoon2.

>More of a Dragon Quest guy.
What a tragedy you are user

>DQ Monsters will never be ported
>DQ Warriors will never be ported
>Early DQ games will never be ported
>Will only get 2 obligatory mainline DQ games per gen console

seconding all of those

I like Dragon Quest, I like Minecraft, and I see an opportunity to kill two Slimes with one Bang. Maybe I'll get Minecraft at a later point.

Not that user but
>giving a shit about AAA shovelware from 8th gen

One of the worst generations for video games. Almost every western title released required a season pass to get all of the games content or had microtransactions. And on the eastern side, if it wasn't a boring as fuck weeb visual novel it was another forced out Bandai Namco anime game.

Seconding MHGU, literally hundreds of hours of content

I know, it hurts. I wish I lived in the timeline where Dragon Quest is the worldwide phenomenon and Final Fantasy struggles outside Japan.

>>Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Neverwinter Nights
what the fuck, I love those and checked, didn't know about this
>50 bucks per game

Attached: 1425320379743.jpg (350x350, 37K)

>it hurts
Squeenix ruining Chocobo's Dungeon and Musashi hurts me more than DQ having mediocre sales because SE keeps making more DQ games, and at least DQ Builders sold decently, only DQ Warriors didn't.

I'll add it to my list of maybes. Which so far is just Mario Odyssey, Minecraft and Saint's Row 3.

>because SE keeps making more DQ games

Yeah, but how many of them do we get? Fuck the Japanese for hogging all the good DQ games.

>nobody has said Ys 8 yet
What the fuck. Play Ys. These other recommendations are pretty good though. I've burned through plenty of timesink games like mario odyssey and BOTW, and Ys is a little shorter but good if you plan to 100% the game (It's pretty easy even for a brainlet like me)

Attached: 1557244919564.jpg (1000x1000, 177K)

>nitendies put cartridges in their mouth
whats wrong with these 'people'?

If you're talking about mainline games then we only get them much later, just like DQ Builders. The only game that didn't get localized was 10 and that game was designed to be an online multiplayer game.

The only game I really wanted them to localize outside the main series was DQ Mystery Dungeon, but that would probably sold very poorly since it's a niche genre.

I am surprised they haven't made a Monster Rancher-like DQ game though. If that happens then I would actually buy that game Day 1.

>Ys 8

We don't want OP to lose a beautiful waifu at the end of the game.

>I am surprised they haven't made a Monster Rancher-like DQ game though.

Dragon Quest Monsters, dude.

I only need Hummel in my life.

Doesn't every Ys game end with that Adol dude abandoning a bitch to continue adventuring?

Smash bros has alot of replayability, especially with "100 hours the mode!".

You have to be specific which monster game it is. If you meant Joker then that's not it.

Waaaaaaay ahead of you, Smash was literally the first Switch game I bought.

hollow knight and its dlcs

Attached: 1547167883060.png (500x500, 263K)

I meant the Monsters subseries in general. What did YOU mean?

I preordered smash knowing full well I'm bad at fighting games and can't compute fast inputs at the same time. I know It's an absolute timesink but i seem to have some autism involving fighting games, so i stick to RPGs. Groose isn't even going to be in smash, so what gives?

Attached: LOOSE.png (913x898, 86K)

Diablo 3

if you haven't played D3 on PC it's really good on console.

new season just started.

i played D3 on PC and still play it.
but i found myself playing it more on the switch.

the roll feature works well on consoles.
plus it's D3 on the go!!!

So apparently it's called Dragon WARRIOR Monsters, I was talking about Dragon QUEST monsters: Joker.

Fuck Squeenix

>Groose isn't even going to be in smash, so what gives?

I'd be happy with literally any new Zelda character at this point. Groose, Tingle, Linkle, Gwonam, fucking Dark Link.

The first few DQ games were called Dragon Warrior in the west because there was a board game called DragonQuest. I think.

Okay I researched a bit

What I meant is I want a DQ games where you can take care of a monster, train it to be stronger, have it battle in the arena until it dies, just like Monster Rancher.

I love Olimar to death but i would instantly start playing smash again if by some miracle Groose got in.

Attached: 1559264767022.jpg (670x645, 99K)

Fire Emblem Warriors. It's a musou, so it's not great, but it's a hell of a time sink.

>RemiLore for Diablo 3-like gameplay
Ha, if only that were the case!
Really wanted this to be anime Diablo, but it isn't.

Again, I'll take literally any new Zelda character. We haven't gotten a new Zelda rep since Brawl, and we haven't gotten a NEW-new rep since fucking Melee.

Gameplay wise it is

FIFA 19, I think it's on a 75% off sale still.

If I wanted to play football I would just buy a fucking football.

I picked up Enter the Gungeon, pretty good game to play in bursts.

I recommend waiting until E3 if you want to buy any games OP, history shows that they usually have sales during it and a little after E3.

Attached: 1546146505948.jpg (696x960, 115K)

I'm kinda wondering how it's gonna work with Switch controls, seem like a pain. I like Baldur's Gate a lot but paying full price for shittier controls doesn't seem appealing to me.

>I recommend waiting until E3 if you want to buy any games OP, history shows that they usually have sales during it and a little after E3.

My birthday is next week. I'm not getting shit, so I figured I'd buy myself a new game and a pro controller.

You know the Switch has a touchscreen right?

It does, but I feel it's not that responsive compared to other tablets.

Rainworld is a great time sink, and a great game too!

Attached: 1549219659206.gif (526x190, 3.11M)

Didn't stop people from making all those kickass Smash custom stages.

Damn straight
T. Plus 1000 hours played

boards.fireden.net/_/search/boards/v.y/text/ I can really sink my teeth into/type/op/

They all taste exactly the same iirc. Just buy whatever game's cheapest and enjoy

How is the Horipad? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about it, but I want a controller for my Switch that isn't that severely overpriced Pro Controller (that apparently also has a widespread issue of having a flawed d-pad) and isn't the dumb shitcons.

I know a lot of people say you should get the Wii U Pro Controller, but nobody is selling any real and new copies of these controllers anymore. The ones on sale are either fake 10 dollar Chinese bootleg editions or used.

Attached: HORIPAD_package_20170106__24760.1501803539.jpg (1024x1024, 81K)

Nobody left the cartridge on their tongue for more than half a second, the taste was that awful.

I have never heard anything good about it. I'm pretty sure it doesn't even have regular rumble.

>Should I buy Skyrim?

Get lost Todd.

Who the hell does this? Stupid memes these days.

It's okay.

I've never played Skyrim, always wanted to try it out but I didn't have any way to play it until I got a Switch.

>I know a lot of people say you should get the Wii U Pro Controller

Hold on. Can you use the WiiU Pro controller with the Switch?

>2019
>choice between Skyrim or Saints Row 3

Attached: 20190603052828_1.jpg (2560x1440, 433K)

I haven't played a lot of games made in the last ten years or so because I don't have the money to be an idiort. People say that the Switch is a port machine but I'm happy because it gives me a chance to catch up on games I missed out on. Plus I need a game that'll keep me occupied while I save up for more games, and open world/sandbox games have "timesink" written all over them.

>NWN
What the fuck, I knew about IE games, but not this.
Did they say anything about modules? I’d kill for custom campaign support.

Crash? No one's suggested it yet.

Maybe at some point in the future.

Dragon’s Dogma if you haven’t played it

It's very slow until Chapter 3's end, and fully unlocks the dynamics only at around 2/3rds into the game. There's like 100 hours of post-game though so you'll be able to play the combat all you want later on. Myself I liked it a lot when I realized that I should think of enemy health bars differently than those of other jrpgs, since getting most bosses to 50% spells a death sentence with a chain attack.

Is the career mode still a boring mess? Damn i miss the old games where you could stack up on fun stars and play with your dream team.

>so you'll be able to play the combat all you want later on

But I said I DON'T like the combat in Xenoblade.

How is FFX, i want a game to play through summer, something slower and comfy so that i don't have to pay too much attention and maybe miss something if i'm out in the sun playing.

splatoon 2 unless you're some kind of fag who doesn't play ranked modes and hates PURE GAMEPLAY

Attached: social-image.jpg (1200x1200, 327K)

It’s a divisive game. I personally liked the narration and the general feel of Tidus experiencing the events, but a lot of people didn’t.
Gameplay wise, it’s a chore that you deal with to see the story progress, like every other FF I ever played.

I definitely wouldn’t play it outside, the sound is the best thing about the game.

I didn't know about this, that taste awful

saints row 3

God, I want to fuck every single person in that pic

saints row 3 is good

skyrim should be pc or xbox as you can install mods desu

>play for 2 hours
>you have now experienced everything interesting in the game

switch port is fine pretty comfy portable in all honesty. What it has over Zelda is in the sound - the characters are all voice-acted in Skyrim and the game is full of great orchestral music. Though it lacks the physics engine of Zelda. I still prefer Skyrim to BotW and the port is decent but don't pay full price.

Skyrim is optimized like shit, but it isn't actually very resource intensive. It runs fine even on my toaster.

You’re not even going to play 1/3 of the prologues in 2 hours.

every prologue is the same plot structure, the gameplay boils down to stacking multihits, there is literally nothing interesting if you've played 2 JRPGs before and if you haven't you'll be bored by the 3rd prologue you play

Unless by “plot structure” you mean “something happens and then you start an adventure”, which is literally every single rpg in existence, every single thing you’ve said is wrong.

>betrayal/kidnapping happens
>talk to immediate family/friends
>meet generic npc that is only relevant to the prologue's player character
>go into dungeon
>perform meme multistrike-stacking combat sequence for the 80th time this prologue
>fight 100000HP boss
>go back to town and talk to 2 people
>leave town
>repeat 7 times
>grind into 99999999HP endgame
WOW GREAT GAME

Saint's Row is on my list of maybes. Alongside Mario Odyssey and Minecraft. I know the Switch vetsion of Skyrim isn't as good as the PC version but my PC doesn't work at the moment (I wasn't kidding when I said it was a piece of shit) and until I find someone to fix it (frankly I'm too stupid to fix it myself) the Switch version is my only option. If it's not worth getting, eh, big whoop, I can live without playing Skyrim.

Ranked mode in the first game was an exercise in futility for me. I don't want to go through that again.

this ain't the first time you've whined about this

I'm just glad it didn't end with me chucking my WiiU out the window.