Greatest Warriors Orochi 3 and other musou games thread in the world has a nice ring to it!

Greatest Warriors Orochi 3 and other musou games thread in the world has a nice ring to it!

Attached: Hanbei_Takenaka_render.jpg (1675x2259, 1.25M)

Dead franchise who consistantly shat out worse and worse entries in favor of muh waifu shit and pointless dlcs.

Bladestorm was the best.

I like Warriors Orochi 3, it's the only Koei musou i still appreciate.
Aside from that i just play Basara 4 Sumeragi these days.

I haven't kept up with Koei stuff much these past years but i've heard DW9 is trash, and DW8 + DW8E are still the best recent ones, right?

Attached: 7848568959859.jpg (768x1024, 95K)

Why is the most fun katana user in DW and not SW?
How is it dead if it keeps getting new games every year?
The only good Musou, Sengoku Basara is dead, though.

I finished SB3 yesterday and started Utage. Does Sumeragi not have story mode for the base game characters like Utage or should I just go straight into it?

I really enjoyed dub in SB3. The translation was weird as fuck, though. Did they just literally translate everything? Some conversations sounded like gibberish.

Attached: 1554164519573.png (480x269, 61K)

This ain't a Fire Emblem thread

That seems to be the consensus yeah. I'm only starting with Warriors Orochi 3 after some licensed stuff (Hyrule Warriors, FE, Dragon Quest and One Piece)

I'm loving it, but I'm told it's easily the best one or up there, so I'm not all that excited when it comes to trying out the rest

>Does Sumeragi not have story mode for the base game characters like Utage or should I just go straight into it?
If you can actually read japanese and follow the plot (lucky you) then yes you should absolutely also get base Basara 4.
But, as usual, in terms of characters and gameplay wise Basara 4 Sumeragi is the superior experience (the only downside is that it doesn't have that fun as fuck japan conquest more from 3 Utage, hurts it's replay value a bit).
And yes Capcom put a lot of effort into the dub of Basara 3 (more in regard of voice actors, less so in the localization itself).
As we all know this didn't help the series die in the west so it was wasted money, oh well.
Play DW8 and DW8E after Orochi.
While Orochi is obviously cooler in terms of premise, if you want to play a "normal" DW, DW8 will do an excellent job of showing you the story in a digestible form.
And then with DW8E you can just make your own character and fuck around for replay value.
In both games most characters can use whatever weapons they want and aren't tied to the character only using 1, unlike other DW (and WO itself), so that's nice and allows you to customize your experience a little more.

I suppose I'll grab them whenever I spot them on sale (which is often on the PSN I think?)

Ye, just watch out for the DLCs, Koei goes fucking ballistic with them, like there's an extra half goddamn game in terms of extra DLC content that is always ovepriced.

SHU NIGGERS CAN PLAY FOOTBALL FOR ALL I CARE, LIU BEI IS A FUCKING PEASANT

DON'T MAKE ME GO FULL BENEVOLENCE ON YOUR ASS

Attached: 714702.jpg (1928x3130, 3.87M)

Yeah, I played WO3U for 50 hours only to find out that all the DLC was still paid and hidden in the PS Store. Forgot I was dealing with Koei for a second, haha

The DLC does go on sale too right?

Pillows.

Attached: 35031218_p0.jpg (2039x1447, 1.38M)

Ranmaru is the cutest Musou/
Why does he look better than real girls?

Attached: 1545840750257.png (640x640, 426K)

Attached: you're a faggot.png (269x215, 88K)

Tell that to Zhang Fei

Same company, but why is Nobunagas Sphere of Ambition-Influence, I think it was called, why would it be $4?
Is it DLC?

Because he legit was beautiful IRL.
Well, not in a girly way, he was stilly manly
Also he stood by Nobunaga's side tot he very end so he's also the most loyal waifu.
Probably the only thing SW got over Basara character wise, in the Basara what if scenario he never gets to grow up, so he can never become the waifu he's meant to be.

Attached: BASARA_2_Ranmaru.png (791x850, 682K)

>Probably the only thing SW got over Basara character wise
Also Hanbei

>All my friends are mad
>I should apologize

Attached: quan.jpg (720x720, 82K)

such a shame DW9 killed the series and after 29 patches the game still isn't fixed or good.

I'd fuck both versions.
But i guess one is a pure bottom and the other is a switch.

Attached: Takenaka.Hanbei.(Sengoku.Basara).full.1005079.jpg (1119x1600, 592K)

How was WO4 received?

also poorly, SW5 is in development now, if I hear the words "open world" again it's all over.

chad pirate with gunswordcane > wimpy incel grandpa

Attached: 1530728240753.png (900x900, 609K)

That game feels so restrictive after they parked the cameos in the Musou All Stars game (which is shit). Plus, the pacing is pretty shit, and just going from menus to menus feels so austere.

Well they got the engine. I suspect they'll stick with it. I just hope they get a clue and fill it out better.

I heart Inahime

Attached: 7a21b7f4d6f5bbdaca5455a6cc0491a5.jpg (850x696, 348K)

I'd say the lack of content was the biggest problem. There's absolutely nothing to do afer you finish the story mode, there's no reason to grind and Pandemonium is fucking retarded.

Wait... w-which one is the switch?
wouldn't mind playing bottom for SW Hanbei desu

WO4 was open world?

No Gauntlet mode? Oh well.

It's good to be emperor.

Attached: dem pillows.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

>SW5

This pleases me. I like that series more than DW.

Does anyone have a working torrent for DW8 empires?