This game is a literal fucking garbage

this game is a literal fucking garbage
why did valve hire these people?

Attached: firewatch.png (1600x973, 729K)

so they'd never make another game

yes

jej

what a terrible opinion, even by /v's standarts. You should be ashamed of yourself, there are plenty of actually terrible walking sims to shit on, why you pick an actually good one?

I still don't understand the purchase. It seems so strange after they had made one hit game, especially since it was just a pretty walking sim

I thought it was an okay walking simulator and the art was nice, but the ending is FUCKING GARBAGE. everything that was built up only to have some faggot show up and explains his stupid story

It was fine though

B-BUT THEY SUBVERTED YOUR EXPECTATIONS

MUH MUNDANE REALISM THAT'S WHAT THEY WERE GOING FAR

Strong start then shat its pants towards the end.
Also
>buy it
>finish in 1h50m
>refund
basedboy devs btfo

Attached: images (6).jpg (341x432, 26K)

>why did valve hire these people?
They probably wanted the writing staff the most I guess? Which I weird because the overall story arc was garbage but apparently the dialogue was probably good enough to merit it?
Or they wanted them to handle one of the three VR games they're releasing as a purely narrative walking sim experience.

Or both.

Shit's weird even by Valve standards.

Shut up you fucking room temperature iq retards. The ending was fine. It was meant to be "disappointing" in a certain way. It fit thematically with the message the game was trying to convey. This is one of the best walking sims out there. Based. There are tons of shitty peretentious walking sims out there. This isn't one of them.

fpbp

Yeah, a bunch of exposition over some boo hoo story of a father and son whom we never interacted. The dialogue was ok but the lack of tension in the game was ultimately a turn-off.

>IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SHIT
Classic Yea Forums, never change.

>one of the best walking sims out there
lmao not even close. Especially not when Stanley Parable, Edith Finch, and the Beginner's Guide exists. Or fuck even Oxenfree which came out almost the same time as Firewatch.

Also Outer Wilds is pretty much the king of walking sims now.

See here See, there was ultimately not enough show-don't-tell and the lack of any real tension makes the entire game rather boring.

kek

Nepotism.

It's been the driving force behind all of Valves hiring practices for the last decade.

You hire your friends to build up your internal clique within Valve because it's the only form of power to be found in a corporation with "flat" management.

>Yeah, a bunch of exposition over some boo hoo story of a father and son whom we never interacted.
Should have made a game about that movie where Dennis Quaid interacts with his son through a ham radio.

Firewatch was legitimately good though

Attached: 1559024696791.png (458x333, 126K)

> the Beginner's Guide
lmao opinion discarded. This game is trash. Literal 2/10 at best. This game's existence is the reason why AAA games never get below a 6/10. Because no matter how bad Fallout 76 and Anthem were, they still look good in comparison to shit like the Beginner's Guide. If you think the Beginner's Guide can even be compared to Edith Finch and Firewatch you're a drooling subhuman peasant that only pretends to know what a good story is.

Stanley Parable was amazing the first 10 minutes, especially that room, but it goes downwards from there.

>Or fuck even Oxenfree which came out almost the same time as Firewatch

B A S E D

It's not garbage. It's actually pretty good, except for two things - longevity and ending. Atmosphere, dialogue, story were super nice.

Duh monstur no real?

I dun fuck walk-talky gf??

Shit ending durrr

Attached: hsjabavsjd.jpg (415x470, 22K)

he didn't

Based. This is what OP and his posse of retards sound like

I wish it wasn't a walking sim and actually a game about Firewatching.

I got so hyped when they introduced the fire finder only to completely forget about it seconds later. God it would have been kino if it was a firewatch sim while shooting the shit with someone in the background.

the mundane realism exuse is inane because there is nothing realistic about the actual explanation. it's less plausible than scooby doo

>yeah maybe the game is shit but it was supposed to be shit because they wanted you to think about how shit it was

This.
How can anyone say that LOL SURPRISE IT'S A DEAD KID be somehow less nonsense than all the other possible red herring theories the game was alluding to? Not to mention it was complete fucking trash how the woman somehow didn't spot the research facility when it was so clearly in her line of sight.

The only good thing that came out of it was the PS4 theme.

the ending wasn't even the problem.
i didn't figure out everything, but from the second day on it was obvious your partner is just making shit up to entertain herself (kind of a hurtful gender stereotyp, if you ask me).
it's a boring, completely linear walking simulator with no gameplay that doesn't know what to do with its setting because it's made by inner city tards. theHunter has 10x the atmosphere as this game and it has gameplay to boot

Why would you play Firewatch when you can play the Long Dark instead?

The developer commentary was pretty cool and was implemented in a clever way too.

it's the entire setup of a dudebro killing his nerdy son with toxic masculinity by making him climb, and shirking any responsibility for the event to hover around the corpse, until he suspects that the firewatch will discover what happened, and then thinks to manipulate them
it's totally insane
the work's real point is about escapism

firewatch's art direction seemed interesting, but then you get up and personal with it and everything is extremely barren

You wrote all these words that were correct and then you closed with
>There are tons of shitty peretentious walking sims out there. This isn't one of them.
What in the fuck? user, the reason everyone bitches about the ending is because it ONLY works in the fart-huffing, pretentious "dude just go outside, stop playing video games lmao" context.
>Edith Finch
BASED

Which was really poorly conveyed through too much exposition and info dumps. It would have been better if the pov wasn't only just talking and walking from place to place.

How can Firecuck ever hope to top the absolute kino which was cutting fish heads while adventuring?

>Oxenfree
Aabsolutely terrible taste. I mean it, fucking awful. And don't you dare lump Outer Wilds as a walking sim.

>why did valve hire these people?
because some people were friends with other people and the faggots wanted a new job, because winning "award" and having Kotaku articles written about your game is not paying the bills.

I rather enjoyed it.

Attached: 4256235670.gif (250x250, 992K)

I don't like story driven games in general but I finished this one and had a good time.

>I don't like story driven games
wtf

i like story driven games and i hated this one

I've played several walking sims and thought Firewatch wasted its premise. The game felt tedious to me, thanks to the rock-climbing and other repetitive actions. Dialogue choices aside, the story hardly benefits from being told as a game. I wish the developers of story-driven games would realize the importance of gameplay variety for the sake of serving the story. Look at A Way Out and 11-11: Memories Retold. Or even two other walking sims: Jazzpunk and What Remains of Edith Finch. I found those games much more interesting since it doesn't feel like the devs were too lazy to design gameplay around the story when necessary. In my opinion, Firewatch could've easily tied light puzzle-solving into the story, smartly designed so they don't slow the pace too much. Either way that'd result in more variety and keeping the game fresh. Devotion, the Taiwanese horror game that got removed from Steam, has fewer puzzles than the devs' first game (which personally disappointed me), but it still shows how even some variety can go a long way in helping tell a good video game story.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hibike! Euphonium S2 - 13 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.32_[2016.12.28_13.00.33].jpg (1280x720, 394K)

I thought it was pretty good. Most video games have such epic stories it was nice to have something bittersweet. Escapism is a hard theme to do. I think they did a good job.

I liked it.

The only shit part is the ending.

Free roaming (or Whatever it was called) was comfy as fuck

This is me