What's the most immersive game in your opinion?

What's the most immersive game in your opinion?

Attached: Thief Gold Screenshot 28.png (1920x1080, 2.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G9jZ8Spe86M
nothings.org/gamedev/thief_rendering.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EcNNijfPHOo&t=4s
youtube.com/watch?v=h5VkIZfOins
youtu.be/Bd67viF7Q54?list=PLFqTvOsjFbRpUShtLy2nJBjl-3IohCEph
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: w3.jpg (323x433, 36K)

Modded Skyrim
Quake 1
Amid Evil
Dusk
Sometimes conquest Battlefield

Pathologic

Stalker

Attached: tlou.jpg (1196x1375, 1.42M)

Especially the Blood and Wine DLC.

Cringe
Based

Thief, but turn off that texture filtering

Attached: cragscleft.png (1364x768, 675K)

Never would i have imagined that a 2D game can pull me into its world better than any 3D game.

Attached: untitled-1-1490612292318_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

The art was created with texture filtering in mind, i'd rather play it as the artists intended.

infra

Attached: fafa.jpg (2560x1440, 1009K)

I don't think that's true, most of the textures were created when the game used software rendering (which didn't have texture filtering), also secret doors aren't secret at all if you have texture filtering enabled.

Attached: dark camelot.jpg (690x518, 65K)

Attached: days.jpg (1280x720, 180K)

you already posted it OP.
i also agree with

>I don't think that's true
Then you're underage.
>most of the textures were created when the game used software rendering
No they weren't.
> the game used software rendering (which didn't have texture filtering)
Yes it does.

how?
i was about to play thief 2 in the next days.

>after a very long climb up
>and an unfortunate right turn
>youtube.com/watch?v=G9jZ8Spe86M
>mfw

Attached: ee2.png (428x339, 87K)

Thief

as a slav I feel right at home.

>my only argument is that you are probably underage
Every pixel was calculated using nearest neighbor interpolation in software mode, texture filtering was a d3d feature.
nothings.org/gamedev/thief_rendering.html
I was talking about TDP/TG, Thief 2 relies on 3d acceleration.

>Easy

never heard of this. looks neat

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

It's not the best, but it's probably the most immersive.

Duskers is pretty tensely immersive.

King's Field 4

System Shock 1

Attached: 2018103210523.jpg (1680x1050, 160K)

RDR2 is nice and immersive

Attached: DrpcDMQWoAEFpWs.jpg (2362x1328, 2.47M)

is that odyssey?

this, all the other ones too. its the purest dungeon crawler without any bullshit stat micro management.

just minimalist exploration/combat in atmospheric environments

Attached: kf4_1.jpg (640x480, 52K)

yep

Attached: 2018103221550.jpg (1680x1050, 202K)

martian gothic (ps1)

Attached: 90.jpg (760x389, 42K)

Oblivion

good game, i enjoyed it a lot and was expecting nothing.

my niggas, although all the main KF games are pretty immersive.

That looks interesting. Is it a survival horror like RE?

that game was spooky

? I had Dark Project when It came out and it never looked the way you're portraying it. What shit rig did you have back then?

its like resident evil mixed with the interactivity of point and click adventure type games. i found the mix to be rly immersive

that's from a very early build, you can find videos of it on youtube

Oh, I’ve gotta play this. I miss those kinds of games so much.
Thanks, user.

That one.

based

Third person games can't be really immersive. That doesn't mean that they can't be good(the last of us is garbage).
Thief, Thief II:The Metal Age, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Arx Fatalis, S.T.A.L.K.E.R:Shadow of Chernobyl, Delta Force 2 and The Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind. This is from the top of my head.

the hud and the way the game constantly shows its workings with the detective mode, transitioning to cutscenes, etc, makes it feel like I'm on a railroad.

Bloodborne

Very based

Shadow Tower Abyss

That's a pre-release screenshot. It's hard to find screens of Thief with software rendering since it doesn't work properly on newer OSs so nobody uses it.

Attached: 1543204030305.png (800x600, 272K)

me too

Attached: 2018108200524.jpg (1680x1050, 279K)

fucking condemned

Attached: FPS_horreurTOP_1.jpg (640x914, 245K)

cringe

Late 90s to mid 00s FPS games.

:^)

I wasn't sure how I'd like it (although I'm a sucker for the Greek setting) and I really, really enjoyed that game.

Attached: 115418.jpg (3440x1440, 2.47M)

Not really "immersive" but the moment you get out of the jail in hypogean gaol and hear this song shook me up like never before

youtube.com/watch?v=EcNNijfPHOo&t=4s

Shadow of the colossus got me a few times.

Rune

The continuous/seamless nature of the level design reminded me a bit of half life.

Attached: fsfs.jpg (640x480, 42K)

Attached: Lost City.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

Attached: 1444528314345.jpg (2560x1440, 1.18M)

Unreal was the most surreal and immersive game I've played.

Attached: unreal.jpg (1024x576, 157K)

>ctrl+f Subnautica
>zero results found
Very surprised, its an easy pick.
Also some of those open world space pilot games.

I don't find TES or Fallout and so on games immersive, since you don't do much other than fight. They are vehicles for the combat. In The Witcher 3, you can't fight with different weapons, you can't sell magic potions, you can't set up traps unless the quest accounts for it, etc things that my mind moves through, so the game mechanics aren't enough to fit my immersion. Most RPGs are like that. In general RPGs aren't very immersive for me.

Thief is pretty good, a lot of what you think to do can be done, though some more interactive windows/cupboards etc would've been nice. Deus Ex also has this quality in most of its iterations.

the ost is soooo good and i really loved the environmental story telling with the bodies and diaries around the maps

youtube.com/watch?v=h5VkIZfOins

What a faggot reply.
> In The Witcher 3
>you can't fight with different weapons
Yes you can. There are axes, bardiches, clubs etc.
>you can't sell magic potions
They are poisonous to normal people and will kill them in a horrible and painful manner.
>you can't set up traps
You can set rune traps. Have you even played the game?

The Witcher 3 is not immersive because it is not in first person. You simply observe from above, you are not immersed INTO the world take everything in your face.

owo i can take ur cock in my face

pretty sure these guys also composed a few for deus ex

play the marathon games. early bungie fps series with pretty interesting world/story (imo)

Attached: dims.jpg (450x338, 80K)

What a faggot reply.
>you can fight with other weapons!
In the most gimped way possible, to the point where nobody does it, and there's no reason for it.
>potions are poison!
In all the witcher games there is a moment where you give a potion to a non-witcher. Pretty sure at least in one case they recover. Plus a witcher can make potions other than witcher brews specifically. As an alchemist, which all witchers are, you really don't get to do anything with that in game.
>the trap power
I mean actual mechanical or chemical trap. You know, in real life, hunters place down traps. This is how you kill beasts. And as a fantasy hunter, with alchemy and tracking, why THE FUCK are you not able to place traps? It would've been a great addition and actually make me read the bestiary more often. The current game is too often solved by just the same combat, and the tracking/ambush that a hunter would utilize isn't used.

Witcher defense force please fuck off. Its a great project, but also very flawed, and people who refuse to acknowledge this not be allowed to leave Poland.

The OST is god tier. Playing with a good pair of headphones in this case really improves the experience.

youtu.be/Bd67viF7Q54?list=PLFqTvOsjFbRpUShtLy2nJBjl-3IohCEph

t.a genuine faggot that spins when he gets proven wrong
>hurr durr there are weapons but they are not as good so they don't count
>hurr durr one person survived the potion after enduring horrible pains so your point doesn't count
>hurr durr mechanical traps i meant mechanical traps so your point is totally not there
Consider suicide.

>Thief, Thief II:The Metal Age, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Arx Fatalis, S.T.A.L.K.E.R:Shadow of Chernobyl, Delta Force 2 and The Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind.
Shockingly based and undeniably redpilled. Minimum 130 iq.

Attached: Unreal04.png (1920x1080, 2.99M)

>TECHNICALLY i am correct :D
Common sense hang yourself, my fine lad.

Choke on a thousand dicks and die faggot. Shitposting even of the ironic kind is still shitposting.

for me its stalker, squad, war thunder with the cockpit view

I never played this myself, but remember seeing this in game stores and it looked like next-level immersion

Metroid Prime is one of my favorite games of all time and I'd recommend it to anyone.

You are arguing that The Witcher games totally integrated all sorts of weapons and not just swords, and call others shitposters?
Every single person who played the game knows that T E C H N I C A L L Y you can use other weapons, but really you can't. No encounters demand them, no skills work with them, its mechanically horrible and the narrative specifically calls against it. You supposedly played the game you are passionately shitposting to defend, so you should know that. Stop pretending to be retarded out of mistaken nationalism for the one export your colony has, Kurwatz Kurwowitz.

adding Gothic to the thread
agreed

Attached: ss_0ba93e3cefa56122e66586a689509c8356487146.1920x1080.jpg (1024x768, 147K)

>that level with the mannequins

I can’t believe no one is saying this. I have never played a game world that felt more alive or interactive.

Attached: 7E339FA3-E852-40F2-A442-3D7A26FEE5D8.jpg (1280x720, 246K)

Masterpiece

Skyrim

stalker
darkwood
thief
pathologic

Attached: 1552936638036.jpg (1200x1196, 117K)

>ctrl f KINGDOM
>no results
what the fuck
KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE
The MOST immersive RPG to date.

>What's the most immersive game in your opinion?
Because I am playing it right now.
System Shock 2, man the whole station is spooky as fuck thanks to the sound design.

Gothic 2

the one you posted, STALKER, Des, Pathologic

Attached: 20180217110512.jpg (2016x1260, 530K)

same, genuinely didn't know about this beforehand

STALKER games.

I came here for this. A non-horror game has never made me this tense, and it's up there with the best of any adventure or action games with the feeling of relief and accomplishment you get from stumbling into some cool new area or turning the tables on your hunters.

this

and baoshock

Nothing is a secret with neither mode because the texel density varies between brush textures and mesh textures. In fact with filtering disabled it's easier to see the difference between pixel sizes.

Last game that i was genuinely interested and immersed in

>batman vision
>third person
>play as a pre determined character that does all the dialogue for you
Fucking hell you retards have shit taste, sure Garret speaks, but he only speaks to himself.

Don't care, still immersive.

Roaming around pripyat is very immersive, even if some of the zones are a bit empty.
Also, Deus ex, system shock 2 and Unreal

Attached: 20181011190259_1.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

thief series is amazing but the fan made missions is where it really shines.
some of the maps are so well made sometimes i load them up just to sit on a balcony and watch the rain fall down on the city

I can't believe someone actually thinks that a game that is so animation-centric and directly hostile to free player input is in any way immersive. How can you possibly feel like you're actually the character if the character barely obeys your commands? Assassin's Creed doesn't have controls. It has vague suggestions and the game decides which carefully managed animation mostly resembles what it interprets your input as and then it chooses that animation and you'll just have to deal with it. Visuals do not create immersion. Control does.

In no particular order:
Thief 1-3
DX and HR/MD to a (much) lesser extent
SS2
Dishonored 1/2
Arx Fatalis
MGSV
Dark Souls
STALKER: SoC (lost alpha)
Mass Effect
The Talos Principle

agreed. this game is great

Attached: Desktop_2018_11_01_00_39_42_075.jpg (1920x1080, 857K)

I don’t know why but I really can’t get into MGS.

Death Stranding

Attached: f.jpg (523x591, 39K)

Deathmarch
No UI
No fast travel

I played it this way for 60 hrs and then realised that i could never finish it like this. Unless you take this pill you will never really get how DENSE this game really is.

>Finally give in and buy Oblivion
>liking it alright
>about 6 hours in I get to this point where I'm a vampire, and it's impossible to cure myself
>google it
>apparently it's a bug
>reccomendation is JUST GO BACK TO AN EARLIER SAVE
Yeah no I only keep one save file like a normal human being. This game was fucking trash. Returned it the next day

catacylsm:dda

>and it's impossible to cure myself
There is a quest for that though, have you tried it?

rimworld
it requires an imagination to become immersed in it, something most turbospergs here lack

recently it would have to be Alien Isolation

Even though its horror its still comfy as fuck

when a game holds your hand that hard, it really isn't immersive

fore me? its gothic 1 (one)

It's the same composer for both games

Holy shit, yes. First play through was like 40h. Will play it again to 100% it, when it is getting cold outside and I have the time. What a unique experience that game is, still can not believe it was made.

Attached: Infra.jpg (1920x1080, 1.48M)

it was bugged. Apparently its a common bug

it also lacks any complex mechanics and production chains. df is better in every way. you are a casul if you disagree and >muh randumb things >muh pawns

I still don't get what makes something immersive? Isn't it kind of a subjective thing? Some people might have a harder time feeling immersed if the game isn't first-person, some might not...

I've felt pretty immersed when playing Daggerfall. A bit too much, in fact, that after spending an entire day playing, I wondered "wtf am I doing? I'm getting more shit done in this fake fantasy world than in the real world" and had to stop for a bit.

Same shit happened to me when it came out. Had like 30h clocked into it and never played it again after that shit. Fuck Bethesda and their shitty bugfest games.

Its one of my favorite games but turbosprinting everywhere while constantly sucking down energy drinks and never sleeping despite time passing pulls me out of it.

90% of it is sound design and lighting

>baby's first RPG

Metro 2033/LL. Based slav simulators

oh ive played DF for a lot longer than id care to admit, but having to remember a billion shortcuts takes away from the immersion, for me at least, which is what this thread is all about

vtmb

Stalker and Morrowind

Attached: Morrowind Vivec.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

Condemned was great.

I don't get immersed. Never did, never will.

Sorry to hear that, user.
I hope you still have fun while playing regardless.

I do, thanks

GOPNIK Shadow of Cheeki

>not going full exosuit Duty