Why is marvelous still being retarded and staying only with sony mainly...

Why is marvelous still being retarded and staying only with sony mainly? Re:newal still a PS4 console exclusive and there literally no reason they can't release it on the switch.

Attached: p4gsekbrtm_1.png (650x820, 811K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/889510/SENRAN_KAGURA_Burst_ReNewal/
flickr.com/photos/senrankagurahd/albums
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nobody bought it and the series is dead. Reflexions and Peach Ball are probably only on PC just because they took next to 0 effort to make and even they know it's still not gonna make any money

No idea. Takaki was retarded for sure, but it seems not even booting him out has changed Marvelous' backwards mentality.

re:newal was shit even before it got censored in the west. charging for characters that already existed in estival and shinovi versus because Re:newal was a remake of a prequel game was such a shit move on their part.

>Re:newal still a PS4 console exclusive

Get PC. All weeb games get released on it now. No reason to have anything else if you're a weeb, except maybe a switch for Xeno.

Attached: 58570716_2016612698449038_2126827062919430144_n.jpg (640x632, 32K)

>Series is dead
user don't say that please

Attached: 35234234.jpg (620x452, 64K)

It's better to accept it.

I like my handheld and physical shit though, also omega life is coming out in english and is a exclusive to the switch, but I might get it on PC later down if it never get ported

the director left the studio and we've heard nothing about 7 since sony started censoring everything.

Reminder if Takaki wasn't a massive sonyfag and getting himself into exclusive contracts, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Attached: 3345432532.png (866x923, 1.07M)

The only answer is that they're retarded. They went through all the trouble they did with Re:Newal, went through zero trouble with Reflexions and Peach Ball, then said they had no plans for anymore Switch games. They want to lick Sony's boot, let them, but i think they'll find their plans for a longer life span for the series will fail soon.

Full retard doesn't even cover it. In their latest investor meeting they said they have an unannounced title they had to lower the sales forecast of due to forced censorship. You know, instead of releasing it elsewhere without censorship.

I mean, i can only assume that's due to contracts, but why not just do what the Omega Labyrinth devs are doing? Release the uncensored version on Switch and/or PC, and put out a heavily censored version out on the PS4? I know there is a lot of Sony loyalty in the Jap industry, but these fuckers need to grow a backbone.

Are japs cucks? Will japanese fans even buy the latest games knowing sony policy affected it badly?

I actually thought of that before, couldn't they just throw beams of light all over the PS4 version and just release it digitally only and release uncensored version for Switch and PC?

Attached: 453463453.jpg (1000x563, 101K)

>sales in decline since Estial Versus
>PS4 censorship policy causes SK7 to go on indefinite hiatus
>Series creator leaves the company and the project
It's over. I'm just going to assume they hold back the yoma menace and other strong ninja fill them with babies so a new generation of huge tiddy ninjas can defend mankind.

I'm going to assume they're only making it out of a contract obligation with sony.
Bonus points if they intentionally hand off a needlessly gory edgefest out of spite.

I genuinely do think it's loyalty at this point. They don't want to betray Sony, just on the off chance that they will change their minds. They seem like they'd rather lose money than have Sony mad at them. Like we were saying, literal retards.

They are into some cucking for sure.
Literally would rather ruin their IP and lose sales than have snoy be mad at them.

I can't believe my wife series is dead.

Attached: 32532423423.jpg (406x422, 45K)

>tfw you leave Yea Forums to see what other websites think of Sony and their current censorship
It makes me genuinely angry that people support it, why is everyone such a fucking pussy now?

Attached: 1546426421181.png (569x571, 46K)

Just reboot the series on the switch and put some fucking effort this time instead of rehashing Shinovi Versus again and then making you pay for half the characters that were in previous game.
Snoy's bullshit and the declining sales might be a nice wake up call for marvelous

Ignore opinions on twitter, gamefags and retardera, they are retards who can't come to the realization that anime is a fantasy and not real life, twitter also defend furfags and throw weebs under the bus so yeah don't listen to these fucking idiots.

Attached: 363523423.gif (316x385, 117K)

The average "gamer" will not only accept disgusting levels of consumer abuse, they'll defend it like their own family. There hasn't been a consensus of gamers pushing back since the original plans for the xbone. I'd even bet someone could do the same thing again and people would defend it this time. This is why the modern game industry is so atrocious, the consumer base is easy to exploit. I'd go so far to say they're enthusiastic about being exploited.

I rarely venture into discussion platforms and dont use social media, just thought I'd have a look for once. Whenever I seem to get comfortable, normalfags without fail will find some way to try and ruin my fun by forcing their standards onto the things I enjoy, it just makes me more angry and frustrated. You can't discuss it on Yea Forums either without an entire pride parade of these faggots entering a thread to spout their nonsense and sling their shit everywhere. Maybe I should just become the same kind of obnoxious cunt by plastering anime or something everywhere, voting with your wallet doesn't work and if there's really nothing I can do about it then at least I can try my best to piss these bastards off and make it more miserable for everyone, after-all, people seem to want to ruin everyone elses fun so why shouldn't I do it too?

The sad fact is that they can afford to exploit these gamers, the amount of casuals and children that spend money on the latest popular shit and don't care for anything else leaves them a ton of breathing room that they won't feel effects from these pushbacks in the long term, and hardly feel it in the short term.

>Re:newal still a PS4 console exclusive

store.steampowered.com/app/889510/SENRAN_KAGURA_Burst_ReNewal/

most of characters on steam were free for limited time, you only had to pay for yumi and that other whore

"Console exclusive" means it's the only console a game is on, disregarding PC.

re-read your own sentence. It really sounds like you were claiming Re:newal is a "PS4 console exclusive". Meaning it's only on PS4 and not PC or any other console.

You gotta reword your own statement.

I'm not OP and you're stupid. Console name + "console exclusive" means a game is on that console and possibly PC. Otherwise it's just console name + exclusive.

Not that guy, but that statement is fine. The fact that the word "console" is before "exclusive" gives it complete context. If it was just "PS4 exclusive", then it would be a different matter.

Honesty the only thing you can do these days is keep your money out of the industry. Even if they don't miss your money you can at least say you're not part of the problem.
On rare occasions I get the opportunity to support a dev/publisher like D3 for speaking out about Sony and making a Asian release with English language options to get around the localization scene, but that kind of thing is increasingly rare.

The game is on PC. Are you a series fan or some sort of Nintendo fan who only plays games if it comes to their shitbox?

I don't have a good gaming PC right now and I prefer handheld and physical goods, why are you trying to fling consolewarshit at me for having a preference? If it doesn't get ported, I'll just buy it on steam down the road.

Attached: 1559117041139.gif (422x428, 2.15M)

By supporting D3 we might get more lewd anime asian-english releases in future, maybe they'll even port OLZ to the Switch, that'd be great.

Attached: 3262342342.jpg (600x428, 85K)

PS4 console exclusive has literally meant also on PC for a while, if OP said PS4 exclusive that'd be different.

I've seen too many people ignore game series because it didn't come to their favorite box. There were people that played FF7, 10 or 12 first time on Switch, not because they were young but because it was the first time the game was on a Nintendo platform. This is fucking retarded. Anyway, having preferences is good and I hope you get what you want.

>Have to order games from asia just to get uncensored anime lewds

Fuck sony

Thanks user.

I don't seem to understand why this is a problem.

Buy it fags so maybe marvelous senpai will notice us.

Attached: 2532432423.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

It's justified though, different cultural norms so I dont see that big an issue with censoring some things like this. It's not like it effects actual gameplay.

Is best girl in it?

Attached: 1555348646161.jpg (1744x2198, 494K)

Carefully read it again then.

>Removing fanservice out of fanservice vidya
>Good
Epic.

It's not a big issue until they censor something you like (:

I enjoyed zanki zero and that got censored, literally didnt effect me one bit

Alright now what? Isn't having preferences good? kids are playing great games on the systems they like.

Did you guys bought this because of gameplay or fan service? because the game is utter garbage.

>Resetera when sonicfox

OMG HE SO BASED

Attached: r8jhgg7g9wq01.jpg (729x733, 57K)

>removing gameplay doesn't affect actual gameplay.

It's literally just the 5 girls you see in that artwork. It's some dogshit.

Attached: cac70d04-0faa-4dc5-ab51-2e4487a04649.jpg (744x1052, 124K)

Both.

I bought Reflexions hoping they'd see people wanted more, but they clearly don't give a shit.

>kids
You did not read it carefully.

but the gameplay is shit

M-maybe they'll announced re:newal port at E3

Money + cheap cashgrab remake while 7EVEN was in development hell + already a flop on PS4 + busy with other shit + Switch owners don't buy anime games blah blah PS4 vs Switch sales numbers
Just buy it on PC

Renewal was fun.

What the fuck were they thinking? Half the reason to buy is the variety, that's a hard pass

Attached: 1555350429870.jpg (872x1087, 159K)

Yeah I fucked up there, I'm tired from playing video games all day. Still not seeing the problem though, I can only imagine it being one if you're partial to console wars yourself.

who cares?
more Valkyrie Drive games when?

flickr.com/photos/senrankagurahd/albums

Attached: 43907191734_1628b16d91_b.jpg (1024x1024, 160K)

Because the need money and ps4 is where the money is. If marvelous were only with Sony, they wouldn't be porting Sony exclusives every chance they get. If these games stayed exclusives, Sony never would have done this. Sony has shown these greedy devs they need Sony to more than Sony needs them.

>imagine caring about games that never show nipples

They were expecting VD to become the next Queen's Blade in terms of being a multimedia franchise. Neither the anime or the games did that well, unfortunately.

Based Imulad

how do we kill CERO and free the nips and free the nipples on consoles?

They had contracts with Sony, they can't ignore the contracts just because Sony went full-retard.

You are aware right that third party games sell like absolute garbage on switch?

It's not even console wars. Just to follow my first example, I bet even a fart powered machine can emulate FF7 now. If you really wanted to, you could have played this game on anything by now. For another example is Monster Hunter. Fans of the game followed the games, platform fans shitflinged. This happened when the games went from PSP/PS2 to 3DS/Wii/Wii U, and then from there to multiplatform. This thing outs you as a console warrior.

Seeing a titty game announced at E3 would actually be fucking hilarious.
Yeah, i feel you. Not only do you get lame spin-off games and nothing else, you don't get the girls you want. Which retard thought that was a good idea?

Attached: bd373342-0a91-41c3-89cf-dacc9ec59ca7.jpg (895x1200, 198K)

People keep saying this, but there's not a single bit of proof. If it were true, why would third parties still be going out of their way to support the system?

As a fan since 2012 i think it had a good run. People should've given more attention to Valkyrie Drive since imo was better than whatever they shitted out after Shinovi versus.

Attached: DxI_JI3VYAAVYJZ.jpg (1024x1024, 178K)

They agreed to these deals with Sony already, though. The deals haven't changed just because Sony has changed.

>Bonus points if they intentionally hand off a needlessly gory edgefest out of spite.
>it ends up doing iron-man numbers

Attached: 1519686965767.jpg (851x480, 32K)

Attached: 1556917933077.gif (645x773, 41K)

I'll never not be mad that they were one step away from legit greatness in terms of gameplay, tone and plot with Senran Kagura 2 only to throw it all away for trash. Sony is only delivering the killing blow.

Yes, but the fact that the series has had spin-off on the Switch means they could still have done other things with the series that don't have anything to do with the contracts with Sony. They could censor those games all they want, then make a more risque SK game, an actual action game, for the Switch.

There is zero reason to believe exclusivity contracts for these tiny niche games exist.

They showed all the girls' tits in that anime season last year so I think that was their way of saying "yeah, this is gonna be over soon"

>why would third parties still be going out of their way to support the system?
Because some sales are better than no sales. But Switch owners don't buy anime games.

>[PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet (Koei Tecmo, 03/21/19) – 12,958 (New)
>[NSW] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet (Koei Tecmo, 03/21/19) – 7,075 (New)

>[PS4] Super Robot Wars T (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 03/21/19) – 88,093 (New)
>[NSW] Super Robot Wars T (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 03/21/19) – 44,051 (New)

>[PSV] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Falcom, 07/21/16) – 43,753 (New)
>[PS4] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Falcom, 05/25/17) – 27,741 (New)
>[NSW] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (NIS, 06/28/18) – 6,431 (New)

>[PS4] Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 02/22/18) – 46,411 (New)
>[NSW] Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match DX (Bandai Namco, 02/21/19) – 7,651 (New)

>[PS4] Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Limited Edition Included) (Sega, 03/21/18) – 62,921 (New)
>[NSW] Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Sega, 09/27/18) – 5,596 (New)

>[PS4] Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World (Limited Editions Included) (Koei Tecmo, 01/31/19) – 18,679 (New)
>[NSW] Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World (Koei Tecmo, 01/31/19) – 8,046 (New)

>[PS4] Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 01/11/19) – 41,510 (New)
>[NSW] Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 01/11/19) – 26,588 (New)

>[PS4] Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland (Limited Editions Included) (Koei Tecmo, 03/21/19) – 27,734 (New)
>[NSW] Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland (Limited Editions Included) (Koei Tecmo, 03/21/19) – 12,473 (New)

>Just make a Switch game lol? What's dev costs? Who cares if it doesn't sell lol?
You're an idiot if you think they haven't already thought of doing just that. Why do you think the Switch is getting cheap spin-offs?

It's retard speak for "sells less than it does on ps4", I'd imagine fans of niche series wouldn't mind switching platforms if Sony attacks their games though.

I thought Switch is next weeb machine

They showed the girls' breasts in Shinovi Master because anime is the only medium they can do with without being slapped with a restrictive rating.

The really bad comparisons are all late ports like Ys VIII, GuP and VC4. The others are still good sales and no reason not to make game multiplats, Atelier on Switch in particular has completely absorbed the sales it used to get on Vita.

>Just make a Switch game lol? What's dev costs? Who cares if it doesn't sell lol?
And yet they're still making them for PS4 despite the fact that sales of Re:Newal bombed due to the censorship. Really makes sense, doesn't it?

You don't even have to leave Yea Forums, there's plenty of anons here to support them, even if just for the sake of shitting on "weeb" games.

>And yet they're still making them for PS4 despite the fact that sales of Re:Newal bombed due to the censorship.
The japanese version isn't censored it got released before that, it bombed because people are tired of marvelous bullshit

It kinda is, but they still don't buy (enough) games for it to work out.
It's really tiresome for the billionth fucking time have to explain to Ninetndo fans that people buy Ninetndo consoles TO PLAY NINTENDO GAMES, not panty quest ecchi anime titles.

The really bad comparisons is DOA being censored on PS4 and still selling twice as much as the Switch version. Then retards ask "Why do they keep making games for PS4?" like they have a hard time reading sales numbers.

also:
>[PS4] Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings # (Koei Tecmo) {2017.12.21} (¥7.300) – 21.129 / NEW
>[PSV] Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings # (Koei Tecmo) {2017.12.21} 7.806 / NEW (Â¥6.300)
>[NSW] Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings # (Koei Tecmo) {2017.12.21} 6,684 / NEW(Â¥7.300)

>PS4] Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World - 18,679 (New)
>[SW] Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World - 8,046 (New)
>[Vita] Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World - 4,589 (New)

They know where the Atelier fanbase is, and it's not on Switch.

Renewal bombed in Japan way before it was censored over here.

>tfw only ryoubi bro online

Attached: 1555070664330.jpg (640x800, 101K)

>They know where the Atelier fanbase is, and it's not on Switch.
Right back at you then. Why do they keep making Atelier games for Switch? That includes the upcoming one, Ryza. I'm not advocating for developers not making PS4 games anymore, I'm saying it makes more sense for them to be multiplat like Koei Tecmo and many other developers are already doing. And if the PS4 version has to be censored, it can be uncensored on Switch (and PC in the west) so that the censorship doesn't have to be forced on absolutely everyone.

eps 2 and 3 though. hnnng.

>tfw no hanzo
I know it's most likely because they had all the focus on the first anime, but still, I'm still mad about the whole getting kidnapped thing to make Asuka into an edgy husk, but not really having any real consequence on the events of the anime.

Look, I wanna see the series proper on Switch as much as you do. However, have you considered it's because this policy was made public essentially overnight?

Plus exclusivity contract since that was the thing that had the uncensored Steam version delayed.

If it ever comes to Switch, it will be a few months before that happens. Should the series somehow survive 7 being a flop.

hey, at least we saw kat's boobs.

Senran died with Daidouji. The rest of you guys are just playing with the corpse of what is left.

Shinomas was overall just a fucking mess - I heard its story was a mishmash of rejected or prospective plot points for SK7. The whole thing just makes me mad, not even the tits could save it.

>Why do they keep making Atelier games for Switch?
I already told you: because some sales are better than no sales. If you can make a Switch version and have it land in the Top-20 that's obviously great. But the mongoloid idea I keep reading of "Oh wow Japanese devs are moving away from Sony, the fans are also moving to Nintendo" is the biggest pile of bullshit when the games sell 3 times as much on PS4 despite the Switch (the console) being way more popular and shitstomping the PS4 in sales.

What was censored? Was it just the touchy touchy stuff like PBS?

Okay then, I agree that opinion is stupid. In this case however Marvelous is being even more stupid by still keeping the games PS4-exclusive.

Yes, but that wasn't censored in PBS at all.

Yes, sadly the groping and intimacy mode was removed in the PS4 version. The Steam version still has it.

>D3
EDF 5 on PC when

Well, you have to consider the rumor that Sony helped pay for 7's development. And even if that rumor wasn't true, there is the possibility that 7 has an exclusivity contract.

Plus there's the fact it's been in development for a while so it's not like they can just say fuck it and outright cancel the game (I mean they could but at a possible loss).

I'm not trying to be a sycophant. I'd love to see the series proper make a return to Switch. However, I'm just saying it's not as easy as people make it sound.

Who even knows their reasoning. Could be anything from financial to bad performance to the Switch team already developing two spin-offs or secret stuff and didn't have time/money for a port.
And we'll see where 7even ends up after PS4 and the inevitable PC version. I think they're going to stay with PS/PC but you never know.

>And we'll see where 7even ends up after PS4 and the inevitable PC version. I think they're going to stay with PS/PC but you never know.
The issue is that as long as the games are PS4 console exclusives, they're going to butcher them during development like they're explicitly doing with 7even (if it even still exists), without the possibility of PC getting the uncensored version.

Weird, I was sure people were up in arms about PBS being censored.

I doubt they'll stick with Sony after 7 simply because it'd be too much of a pain in the ass dealing with them.

I can't imagine anyone willingly putting up with having to send their game in English even if it's never coming to the states or sending it on Cali time.

Maybe it was censored retroactively like MS2 was in China.

I curious to see what they do. After two beach episodes EV and PBS, Renewal flopping, the spin-offs being whatever and 7even being MIA they do seem pretty fucking lost. Nevermind Takaki leaving.

Whatever went wrong with 7even's development went wrong way before Sony started acting like cocksuckers. The game was supposed to be finished and out last year sometime but instead they haven't shown a single screenshot or even told fans what kind of game it is even after working on it for years.

and Marvelous leaving Playstation is something that should happen but I don't think they can because there's no place else to go. The Switch is the Switch and you can't sell to PC or Xbox owners in Japan. They're kinda fucked.

>after working on it for years.
>for years
Not even, they had the teaser for it in a 2017 game, but in an interview early last year they said they were still solidifying ideas.
When they showed the sample of Asuka's model on August, it would've surprised me if that was most of the actual job done.

Originally it was meant to come out last year in the fall though, he's right.

If they refused to do the thing people want, then the series deserved to die.

i wana suck asuka's cute pink nips.

Yeah, but the Fall 2018 date was given before the interview I'm talking about, meaning they went on and gave a release window without having much, or anything done about the game.

That still means that the initial development plan went wrong at some point before the Snoypocalypse like that user said.

Well, shit. You got me.

I think it's gonna be interesting if they chose to put someone else in charge of the series post-7even (if the series dies that is).

I think a good start back on the right foot would be doing an enhanced port/remaster of 2 for Switch/Steam. I think they should show off 2 despite the timeline involving 2 being 86'd cause they put a lot of love into that game.

I think it's the fact that they legit don't know what people want. They thought people wanted more wanton fanservice given SV's sales numbers (which by the way was a fluke given all the outside factors).

Either that or this nonsense with Sony was happening way before it went public late last year.

>Either that or this nonsense with Sony was happening way before it went public late last year.
Gal*Gun 2 was allowed to release on PS4 as late as March/April 2018 (JP/west). Then Omega Labyrinth Z got banned in June, so that's the timeframe we know of.

The theory seems to be that 7EVEN was pushed back and has been lost because Sony's new bullshit policies but the truth is that their problems started way before that. Again, to the point where they have overshot their initial release window by 3 quarters and still haven't even said what genre the game is let alone shown anything from it.

>SK2 getting reskinned Estival Versus'd
I'd rather see the series die.

I said remaster, not remake.

As in porting the game and prettying it up with all the DLC for Switch and Steam.

The anime made 2500/3000 average and the game sold 20000 on its first weeks, that's pretty good for a niche franchise about dykes.

Attached: 1456899277020.jpg (360x360, 32K)

Renewal didn't sell because of Sony and it was an inferior remake that changed the entire gameplay style of Burst to be more like the Vita games. They probably don't want to risk the cost of porting it to Switch and having it not sell there either.

>it still gets updated
Don't wanna redownload all of it again...

I wouldn't say it's inferior.

On the Hebijo route and I'd say Burst Re;Newal is pretty good.

Though I did get quite a few nostalgic moments playing it. Like remembering how much of a pain in the ass Mirai was in the original to that epic final showdown between Asuka and Homura (Destiny will always be the best SK track to me).

Wait, when did those two get PC releases?

Not yet, they were announced not long ago.

They were announced a couple days ago, not out yet.

>gameplay is not that good
>artwork is mediocre samefaces and samebody everywhere
>"""breasts""" are just balloons
>m-muh big tiddy ninjas teets are lief bundas hometonsxD
Stop forcing this shit already.

If they did they'd be illegal where I live so I'm fine with them just staying the way they've always been and not being censored by Sony.

>be illegal where I live
>t.american, brit or aussie

PBS was never censored.

Honestly, the series was better when it wasn't about just wanton fanservice.

>people outside Yea Forums don't care about my favorite kusoge """""game""""""""
Dios mio... the gordo of americas

>the series is dead
Thanks, in part, to liberals.

Attached: 1559417275448.png (979x1032, 79K)

have sex

Alright,sorry if I spread any misinformation.

I like this girl but

>Let's make it so this girl has permanent super armor
>Which makes parries near useless cause she can fuck you up even after you get the parry unless it's on the last hit
>Level 2 and 3 supers are also useless in this fight cause they'll mostly whiff

Attached: 4a5b9fe44c5e4f593ce8d1ed34b64b9f.jpg (640x748, 349K)

Yeah UK, I didn't know America was the same way.

>It's not like it effects actual gameplay.
Then why remove it?

Attached: 824f46767097ef253f0ea798c64e7eb4db3cf18c84ea321690be73223b9cc5b5.png (263x320, 109K)

I will never forgive Switch owners for ignoring VC4.

Attached: 20170930185802.png (583x557, 296K)

That was before Sony started their crusade.

>make a promising but flawed game 10 years ago
>it does decently but not great which is fine since there's ton of room for improvement
>release a handheld sequel that's a downgrade in pretty much every way, then another one that doesn't even get a western release, then let the series stay dead for years then release a game that plays pretty much exactly like the original flawed first try
>wow wtf why did this series fail????
Yea must be shit taste mate