Any good controller for PS4 with the left stick at the right place?

Any good controller for PS4 with the left stick at the right place?

I currently use the Nacon Revolution 2 and it's decent, but I'm tired of playing with the cable connected at all times.

Attached: nacon_revolution-pro-controller-2_test_04.jpg (900x500, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mixboxarcade/status/1018699300451201024
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>can't use 3.5mm jack while wired
sony makes some real dumb decisions sometimes

What? Thats not true.

>but I'm tired of playing with the cable connected at all times
I hate zoomers

yeah pic related is a DS4 with the stick in the right place

Attached: 8CTx6TCRS2YzYyP2J8gWwH.jpg (1024x653, 71K)

if you want to waste $200 get an astro c40 it's programmable and customizable
i have one and it's the best controller i've used

I've never understood the complaint about symmetrical sticks. How fucking tiny are your weird baby hands that a difference of a few millimeters makes any kind of noticeable difference?

>200 dollar controller
fuck off

>few millimetres
measure it again, dumbass

disinformation faggot

Get a USB extension.

Bottom symmetrical sticks are inherently wrong because the controller was not professionally designed like that. Sony at the time wanted to pull a fast one, if Nintendo was going to have one analog stick for the n64 then Sony has to have two. Seeing how the Playstation pad is just a SNES controller with grips and two extra shoulder buttons Sony just added the sticks on the bottom empty space instead of designing their own controller.

Literally the only controller Sony designed is the DS4 and it's kind of a piece of shit with poor battery life, obnoxious LED, and useless touchpad.

The peak of controller design is the Wii U Pro. You may not like it or the idea but it is peak performance for all game types.

But because 99% of the video game user base is braindead casuals we are stuck with knock offs of the Xbox design (which is stolen from Sega) and the PlayStation design.

Even Microsoft didn't know what they were doing as they slapped an extra stick where there was empty space on a Dreamcast controller.

Compare how ergonomic the gamecube controller is for 3D games.

>muh nintendo
This isn't the daycare centre, and its way past your bedtime. Fuck off.

Not that user but
>low IQ retard so delusional he thinks that the corporation which made VHS players and the corporation that made business servers knew a single thing about video game hardware design

Fuck off, zoomer.

Nintendo is a children's toy company.

All video games are toys marketed to children, you dingus.

>Bottom symmetrical sticks are inherently wrong because the controller was not professionally designed like that.

You have two hands and arms that are symmetrial to each other. There's no scientific reason why an asymmetrical controller would make sense, other than you being a bitter boomer who grew up with poorly designed controller.

Nintendo made a platform that couldn't even get PS2/Xbox ports because the shitty fisher price controller literally didn't have enough buttons, and whenever they did, games had to be dumbed down and had missing keybinds.

Please tell me what Nintendo know about controllers.

Attached: index.jpg (255x198, 7K)

>There's no scientific reason why an asymmetrical controller would make sense
Because the left stick and face buttons, the main method of input and movement, are in the resting position and don't cause thumb clashes because they sticks aren't too close?

>games had to be dumbed down
Such as?

Most games have your thumbs resting on each stick, which is symmetrical.

What is the absolute best d-pad for fighting games?

>Compare how ergonomic the gamecube controller is for 3D games
this is what nin-toddlers ACTUALLY believe LOL

>don't cause thumb clashes because they sticks aren't too close?
Are you 9 foot tall neanderthal? If the DS4 analog sticks are causing your thumbs to touch each other then that's either user error or you have unrealistic big hands.

>thumb clashes
How the fuck is that even possible unless you're deliberately using it like a retard?

>Such as?
lmao fucking cope toddler

Attached: 51CHDRR5H8L.jpg (354x500, 60K)

But it should be in the left place

>Most games have your thumbs resting on each stick
That's not a resting position especially not on the Dualshock. A resting position is where your hands fall naturally.

So nothing.

Despite your opinions on nintendo, the gamecube controller is literally the best designed controller for a console. Only braindead fanboys deny this.

So we can confirm sonyfags are manlets.

The correct term is "snoyboys"

Daily reminder that BMX XXX was censored on ps2 but not Gamecube.

Fuck that. Sonygro is better.

Yeah, nothing, including the huge list of games that even if they could run on GC's lacking hardware, wouldn't have worked because three whole fucking buttons were missing lmao

Fun fact: Sony themselves know their design is dogshit but won't change it because it literally defines the brand.

the default ones have the sticks in the right place

I like the gamecube, but it has a pretty poor controller. It only has one full analog stick, the d-pad sucks due to its size and placement, and the shoulder buttons are awful.

>tiny ass c stick
>literally missing a shoulder button
>joystick literally loses momentum inbetween the notches
>Can't comfortably press b + y or b + x because hurr durr let's make our face buttons resemble a fischer price toy and who needs combos anyway
don't make me continue please

>three whole buttons
my mistake, I double checked and the GC is actually missing FOUR buttons

Attached: 1530362080615.gif (250x255, 2.84M)

I don't get the complaints about the layout, but I mostly play fightan and emulators so I used the dpad more often. Even so, I preferred using my ds4 over my pro controller when playing botw. I guess it makes sense if you play a lot of shooters, but even then isn't your right thumb offset the majority of the time?

Attached: sfdbf.jpg (3264x2448, 694K)

>even if they could run on GC's lacking hardware
You do know the GC is stronger than the ps2, right? That and there's only one missing button which more often than not is inconsequential to games especially back then. You really have no idea what you're talking about do you, the controller has nothing to do with it not getting games.

>stolen from sega
Sega was actually a huge part of helping make the original Xbox. Stop making shit up.

>one missing button
>No Select, L3, R3, or L1
that's four buttons. I wouldn't expect a Nintendo fanboy to be old enough to learn to count, though.

Attached: gamecubeburnout.jpg (1366x624, 290K)

>I don't get the complaints about the layout
Nigga it's literally made for midgets and can we talk about the poor build quality of this thing? I bought a new one a few months ago and it's already drifting on the left stick.
I barely use the thing for games anymore as it is.

>Resident Evil 4

Oh boy the burnout image, the same one that links to a forum that says the real reason was complications at EA.

I play a lot of smash on dolphin netplay, and I disagree. Its perfect for smash, but for any other GameCube game, I choose another controller.
>terrible d-pad
>tiny surface area on c-stick
>face buttons strangely shaped making action games unfun
>tons of travel on the analog triggers
Funny thing is, all of this cons makes it the perfect controller for smash

>Select, L3, R3,
Tell me user, what games used these back then.

How's Burnout 3 run on your GameCube
Wait, you can't play Burnout 3? Oh...
Hey, you played those GTA games? Oh, wait..
How's SSX or Tony Hawk? Oh, half the trick list is missing? Yikes...
Oh, you got Mario? Huh, kind of weird to still be playing kids games but sure I guess

blablabla give reasons and stop saying bullshit.
And really, I don't know why is better the other way, just wanna know, cause I feel comfier with symmetrical sticks, I'm not a fag with loli hands.

Every single game that didn't get ported to GameCube

Attached: robbierotten.jpg (1078x1708, 994K)

>I'm not a fag with loli hands
You must be if you like symmetrical sticks.

I dunno. I have pretty small hands, but my friend is a massive fat ass, and I've never heard him complain. He actually prefers using his ds4 to play fps games on PC as disgusting as that sounds. Build quality has been fine for me too, but that's hit or miss. Only controllers I've ever had die on me were those shitty madcatz and my joycons.

Wrong answer, you could count on your hands the games that used them and almost all of them were first party Sony titles.

but look at this one,
th e left stick is just in bad place for using in a big hand, I have to use my claw-hand technique for using it. In other hand the right stick is at the right place to put my thumb without flexing my fingers.
Dunno maaaan

depends what you think is back in the day. select was very used in psx times. l3 and r3 not that much.

Yeah I'm drawing a blank for ps2 games that used it too.
Speaking of niche inputs, remember that dukes black and white buttons? What was that used for anyways?

Attached: hyperkin-duke-xbox-controller-9123-003.jpg (2000x1333, 261K)

flashlight in halo or something

>where you hands fall naturally
Which is on the sticks. Stop holding the controller wrong.

Tony Hawk, SSX, Midnight Club, Grand Theft Auto, Manhunt, Max Payne, Need for Speed, you know, only those hugely relevant multiplatform releases.

It was the Xbox's equivalent to L1/R1.

having the d pad in the upper position is objectively better because that allows you to articulate it with your index finger without removing either thumb from either stick / face buttons. You cannot do this with an asymmetrical layout.

Well no, I've tried both XBox style analog and PS style analog and PS is waaay better. Having your thumb at an acute angle makes it easier to hit the buttons, while having it at a larger angle gives you more room to maneuver the stick. Stick and buttons have different ergonomic requirements and the PS controller puts both in the correct place. Plus, it allows you to use claw grip and hit both buttons and stick at the same time. You must be some kind of autist if you feel the need to have your two palms perfectly symmetrical.

Huh, I remember playing halo back in the day, never realized they only had 2 rear buttons.

Attached: 1.jpg (444x318, 24K)

>Any good controller for PS4 with the left stick at the right place?
DS4.

Top symmetrical sticks are the peak in design like the Wii U and Pro.

Dpad and buttons are aligned for 2D games and fighters and the sticks won't get in the way.

Two analog sticks aligned to the top are perfect for FPS since the thumbs are in resting position on BOTH hands and the index fingers can easily reach each trigger. Your right thumb won't be stretched downward like a Xbox controller and both thumbs won't be stretched downward like playstation.

The plus and minus buttons, home and power are quickly accessible by any hand.

Sorry to break it to you all but the Xbox and PS designs are only standard because both companies at no point have ever redesigned a controller for video game interaction and control and only redesign their bad controllers for ergonomics because they were never meant to be that way and only get less uncomfortable with each new design.

Nintendo not only has a comfortable controller for each console (shit, even the virtual boy controller is absolutely perfect) but each controller is designed for game play and control in mind. Each time they make a new controller they improve on how you can control a game. We are now at the point that the left and right side of the standard controller can be broken apart so you no longer have to keep your arms in front of you in order to play.

However all of this stuff scares some people. They can't wrap their heads around newer and better control methods so they feel much safer with Xbox and Playstation "standard". These people are the major reason why the Switch Pro controller has the popular "xbox" layout for people who refuse to try new things.

I use a mixbox, and even today I'm still laughing at people who have difficulty pulling off kbd on Tekken in d-pads and arcade sticks. I literally did it right first try, and pulled of consistently in 5 minutes.

Get either a mixbox or a hitbox, they are the future.

Attached: D4-nUeeUEAMqdzo.jpg (935x859, 126K)

the Nintendo fan base is so mind bogglingly delusional. You are truly beyond all help. I'll pray for you.

>mixbox
banned in tournaments

>posts historical context and truths
>lmao Nintendo fans are so mentally ill
>proceeds to play gaystation and shitbox without considering what user said about controller design like a mindless dolt that can't see the bigger picture

Only on Capcom Tour. And I wouldn't count on staying like this for much longer.

cope

> People who prefer the symmetrical layout are all Sonyfags
> People who aren't broke or fanboys and play on various hardware all prefer the asymmetrical way

Mmmmhhhh

>t. Pre order ready for a PS5 and Googlebox
Yikes.

you have got to be trolling if you genuinely think the switch's tiny plastic dildos are in any way an improvement to video game control.

i play exclusively on PC so I can use whatever fucking controller I want with zero bias, and the DS4 is objectively the best controller.

Cope.

Attached: nogames.jpg (2016x1134, 767K)

twitter.com/mixboxarcade/status/1018699300451201024
Look at how easy kbd is to make on this.

When will the silly stick/d-pad players ever learn?

Attached: 4.png (285x371, 189K)

Cope.

lmao seethe

Halo absolutely used l3 and r3, i cant remember what options did and that was xbox. I want to say Metal Gear also used them and US Navy SEALs, which was practically the og online game for ps2. You cant seriously believe that l3 and r3 was invented in 2005 for Call of Duty 2

They compensated by having 2 extra face buttons, white and black, that got moved to the shoulder for the Xbox 360

Have sex.

dilate

I play on PC, I've gone through a ton of controllers and DS4 is the best I've held.

This. Also it has trackpad functionality making couchplay easier

>at the right place?
Asymmetrical controllers are top gay.

dualshock 4

>being poor

>Bind a bunch of comfy macros to holding the PS button and pressing the dpad/face buttons
>Can change volume, play/pause music, change tracks and change controller profiles without taking my hands off the controller

Attached: profiles.jpg (430x241, 39K)

What's the build quality on the Nacon Revolution? Does it hold up over time?

The Hori Onyx is currently the ONLY 3rd party wireless controller for the PS4 (That doesn't use a dongle) and it has an xbox-style layout

Attached: 71luPuvnEuL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 111K)

I can do all that in xpadder

yeah but does your lightbar light up when you hold the PS button and change color when you switch profiles?
yeah, didn't think so

thank god for that

>Any good controller for PS4 with the left stick at the right place?
yeah, the official one

I can make it rumble to tell me it's switched profiles

How do you quickly check which profile you're using?
Mine lights up green when its outputting 360, blue for DS4 output and pink for generic dinput

Can anyone confirm if any of the triggers or L1/R1 buttons break after a couple of month use?
Literally every single 3rd party expensive controller I bought had this problem, and I got tired of having them replaced for the same problem 4 time in a row. Never had this problem with OG dualshocks or xbox controllers.

Because I use an xbone pad the only two profiles I use are "PC Remote mode" which allows me to use it for general computer use and "Blank mode" when playing x-input games to disable the macros for gaming. So if I'm trying to use it in one mode and it's not working, all I need to do is input the right button combo to switch from one profile and the other, and the rumble works as feedback to tell me it's switched.

I could easily add a profile for dinput if I wanted to but I haven't come across a game that doesn't use xinput. I'm sure they exist, I just don't play them

>Left stick
>Right place

I'm waiting for a Europe release

>VHS players
You mean a VCR?

>not understanding homonyms

Attached: 1412423364245.gif (220x217, 338K)

what the fuck is this abomination

wot dud u just call me mum

xbox shill?

>Compare how ergonomic the gamecube controller is for 3D games.
Absolute garbage?