Dead Cells

Dead Cells

Decided to revisit this game. Finally killed the boss by putting everything into purple and just placing two deployable skills.

What is your opinion about this one. So far I do feel like continuing with the added higher difficulty option.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 125K)

more like

It's very fun. The difficulties ramp things up pretty nicely. Currently trying to defeat 4BC.

I'm stuck on the first cell, any help? all tactic doesn't work anymore, I'm trying to learn patterns and parry everything, but still no win(even with all the mutation on parry)

Dead Incels

What are you parrying?

I'm in the opposite boat, first thing I did was learn to parry everything and now I can't play any other way for shit. So there's tons of items and mutations I never use.

Don't use shields, find yourself some bombs, prioritize extremely fast DPS.
I haven't played on 5 cells but on 4 cells runs I used to grab the freezing bombs, whatever weapons got me a +175% damage on frozen enemies, and just blitz through them before they even got the chance to attack.

Is it worth to max item rarity (the thing you gotta spend 1000 cells on) before switching to one boss cell from 0? Basically I have one boss cell but not even the rune that lets me jump really high.

>all tactic doesn't work anymore
Well shit, there goes my plan.

I'd recommend getting wall climbing and exploring every biome there is before going into higher difficulties.
Regarding the legendary forge: upgrade it to a point where you encounter a good amount of + tier or ++ tier items. It doesn't have to be 100%, just not 20% or so.

I play it on ps4 and it's not fixed after Rise of the Giant yet. Arbiters everywhere... I'm still missing the mutation you get in hpc after collecting moonflower keys from a path requiring 3bsc.

Uh oh. I'm playing it on Switch. Hopefully my version is okay.

>Arbiters everywhere
What difficulty?

I really really can't stand shields

Be like me, I never picked up one. #YOLO

Then don't use them.

Attached: 1393209695067.png (291x317, 22K)

I played it for a bit, but I still have my wedding tackle so I got bored with it pretty quickly since it's a speedrunning game and nothing else. Pretty shallow.

from the looks of it it would seem they're pretty much required for high level strategy

I reset my progress for the sake of FUN, but I think they changed how/where the wallclimb and floor smash runes are. I got them easy enough on my original run way before where the game is right now, any one have some obscure tips for me?

Bsc3+

Was shocked to meet them in Prisoners Quarter.

Smash rune is in Oussary, the fire biome, you get to it via the promenade: at the very end don't take the elevator and instead continue on, using the teleport rune to get through the closed door.

Oh yeah, that's normal. Next patch will nerf arbiters and only make them appear in the Caves level.
But since you're on console, I would recommend tanking through to 4BC where they don't appear in the Prisoners Quarters anymore. Also no bombers in Ossuary in 4BC either.
Patches take quite a while to release on console.

Thanks, I love that place, but I guess I haven't full explored it. Silly me.

Do you still need BC5 run to access final final boss?

I've already beaten game on 4bsc, actually have platinum = all bosses no damage and kill hand with cursed sword etc. I wanna get all mutations and blueprints now and max out S-tier legendary forge.

I think rogue lite formula doesn't work with 2D platformer. It's too repetetive and boring to replay same locations over and over again.

Yup. Door behind hand i 5bsc.

I played, I'd say about 20 hours so far. How long did it take for you to become repetitive?

>Claims it's a metroidvania but has garbage random maps and you don't need any special movement powers to beat the game
>Claims to be a soulslike but has simplistic floaty combat
>Claims to be a roguelite but has terrible itemization and permanent progression
The game is just a mishmash of genres that not only don't work well together, but aren't even implemented correctly

>couple percent of players will able to see content
that's cheap

I'm on 2Cells now and I'm about to give up.
The difficulty ramped up crazily, especially in the Giant DLC. Fucking stealthy instant multiple poison knife throwing assholes keep wrecking my day, as does the general increase in enemies that attack through walls or teleport follow you.

I dunno, I just feel it's getting too hard to be fun now.
I probably could do better if I really slowed down, used that detatch move more often, etc... but that's a real cheap, and slow, way of doing things.

Once you've unlocked all trophies you can make it a lot easier with custom mode (or before, if you don't care about trophies). Now you can even give your self flask refill after every level on 4bsc. 5 jumps and letting you start with desired IV-S equipment makes the early levels easier, they are usually the hardest in higher cells run.

Does using costom mode prevent you from getting new Boss Souls?

I enjoyed it greatly but I feel the difficulty scaling was way too weird, bosses were way too hard compared to normal mobs
I couldn't go past 2C, though I have to admit I'm not a great 2D platformer guy and only played maybe a handful of them these last ten years

I was extremely mad at the sandals/boots weapons being utter garbage, and the balance seemed a bit all over the place desu, but that was a while ago so who knows now

Are modding planned? Because that would make things interesting, possibly

I think it only locks trophies. Been a while since I got them all. Not even sure if custom mode was released at the time.

It's super fun, difficulty spike after getting the first blood cell is intense. Frost blast and twin daggers all day.