Bite size advance wars

>bite size advance wars
>hard as fuck
>gimmick that makes game seem easier until you realize it's way harder
>no rng bullshit

can we have an Into the Breach thread? i was late to the party and I've been playing the fuck out of it this weekend

Attached: ss_3a670d203ac5c1ab538099e014978565740eb406.1920x1080.jpg (1280x720, 271K)

>no rng bullshit
I'm guessing you just started playing the game, because there definitely is some RNG bullshit, especially when it comes to unlocking certain achievements or pilots.

Did they added anything since release?
Game was fun, but it was too short, even considering all the achievements

this looks good, how is the gameplay overall?

I just thought it was very unsatisfying when you "win" just by delaying the loss. I get it from a game mechanic point of view, it clicks nicely with the rest of the interactions, but as an abstract representation of saving a city it seemed weak.

They said in an interview they contracted Chris Avellone to write a plot, backstories, characters, etc, that they ended up scrapping. So I am sure they have extra stuff laying around that they could release as expansions.

>No rng bullshit
doubt [x]

Gameplay's excellent, very simple and very tight.
There are a lot of little synergies and strategies that the developer has contrived for you to discover, and you feel very smart about first figuring out.

No reason not to play this at least to see if you like it.

>no rng bullshit
I highly doubt that given the dev.

That's because Into The Breach is honestly more of a puzzle game.

>that pic
I don't know if you were out of movement, but you should have attacked the square to the right of the purple bug to push it onto the Vek spawn.

>hard as fuck
You do know they give you an easy difficulty, right?
I'm a fan, but I think the game itself is too limited. I'll see if there's going to be an update at some point, like with FTL's AE. Until then, I can't stay interested for as long.

I'd like to see someone finishing the game with 2,3,4 Island gold medals with every squad in less than 50 hours playtime.

The only gameplay related rng is the chance for the defense grid to not take damage, which under best circumstances shouldn't even be a concern, and is only at best a safety net. There aren't really crits, dodges, chance-to-do-something etc. that will save or doom you or an enemy. All damage and abilities will always work the exact same way in a given circumstance every time.

Outside of that, pilot and ability distribution from time pods or after saving an island are the only other rng elements available. This can admittedly affect gameplay based on what's available to you, but the gameplay itself has no real rng to speak of. Certainly nothing like FTL's make-it-or-break-it rng horror show, anyway.

redpill me on the game. why should I get it?

Play the game before shitposting. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, fucking teenagers.

How fucking new? use the god damn archives.

Stop shitposting this in every god damn thread.

The basic gameplan is getting all the squads and that should be at least 20 hours, what's the matter zoomie? can't hold your attention if it doesn't have an open world and 10 sidequests per minute?

>How fucking new?
about 2006? but this is nu Yea Forums. we got burned out of vidya aeons ago

>hey dude what is this game
>REEEE ARCHIVES FUCK DISCUSSION FAGGOT REEEE
holy shit how far on the spectrum are you?

Why the fuck is this game’s mech and enemies design so shit? The idea seems interesting, but it looks so dull. Does this game even have plot?

Lost interest after finishing the game once, like most games with procedurally generated elements it gets very repetitive.

Attached: 1551860371516.gif (900x676, 1.23M)

A while back, because you'd get FTL for free. Nowadays? I'm not sure.

Spoiler that spooky shit jesus christ user

Big bug things are destroying Earth after it already experienced severe flooding from who knows what (probably explained, I forget). 4 islands survived the flooding, but are on the brink of collapse due to the bugs tunneling from beneath them, causing infrastructure damage and seeking to destroy all remains of humanity. Time-traveling heroes go to various timelines in hopes of saving humanity in each of them, using various mechs of differing abilities and strengths to do so. Sometimes they fail, sometimes they succeed. Whether they win or lose, the time travelers return to their base of operations, ready to tackle another timeline. Thus the gameplay loop begins.

100% this. It's great.

There's more RNG, but it's telegraphed (like where the bugs are going to spawn).

This is the goddamn truth and if you think it's trolling get a reality check.

>that should be at least 20 hours, what's the matter zoomie?
I've done that well over; that isn't my issue.
I've put 400 hours into FTL, and this being only a fraction of that makes me want some more meat in it. Subset is perfectly capable of making games that are very replayable, but into the breach gets old after an hour and a half.

>>no rng bullshit
The game has more rng than xcom if you play with the unlockables mechs and, in any case, placement of enemies and buildings depends exclusively on that.