VR hype

Biggest VR hype from years back.
I wanted to laugh at the cringy videos form years back who told us that VR is so revolutionary and everyone was acting like its sucking their dick and they are getting orgasms.

I remember being pissed of about this crap when it was spamed everywhere.
Now I can not find anything about it.
Can someone give me links to the most hyped videos/articles?

Attached: 1000_F_231722399_tHIPORf07c7zF8rbO9kfm1E4owQoDLjx.jpg (1000x664, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
youtube.com/watch?v=MOJfu5xLQ-s
youtube.com/watch?v=TokSLPB5_Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=mrSEhzwGohU
youtube.com/watch?v=_ikjjU8Lms4
streamable.com/duth8
youtube.com/watch?v=ofZOo4IISiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-xNN-bJQ4vI
youtube.com/results?search_query=360 Video
youtube.com/watch?v=1octhtJQfC8
youtube.com/watch?v=4WbRAkNU6Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=lXL8-k28nos
youtu.be/wae9YzQXJAQ?t=1630
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-06-03-uk-charts-blood-and-truth-is-the-first-vr-game-to-claim-no-1
store.steampowered.com/app/1065970/VRSpiceWolfVR/
youtube.com/watch?v=PED2W6yHcEA
youtube.com/watch?v=L8JUWUKXV08
youtu.be/_TdQkDnOUWw
youtu.be/VZyhQZSTIGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ofuk17AaZqU
youtube.com/watch?v=UYJKxQX1ZSc
youtube.com/watch?v=kC__6EcjXmg
youtube.com/watch?v=aWpL5pNWkzU
youtu.be/YiYvqmzKd-s?t=39
streamable.com/ossln
streamable.com/8g453
streamable.com/bu10x
streamable.com/d2zue
streamable.com/oefeh
streamable.com/n57yj
streamable.com/gyvjo
streamable.com/m9v5q
streamable.com/kg6qs
streamable.com/88nny
youtube.com/watch?v=3MlNWYyVdh0
uploadvr.com/blood-and-truth-uk-retail/
youtube.com/watch?v=gn4nRCC9TwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nsTfvYMSrcY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based. Maybe all the people who said it was revolutionary took down the articles to avoid the embarasment at having shilled for such an abject flop

This is what I also suspect.
Now I'm sad that I did not save the most retarded videos thrown at me by YT.

Who the fuck wants to strap monitors to his face?
>b-b-b-b-b I can tilt my head and
mouse look.

This will be the same way we will look back on Stadia/game streaming 5 years for now. It might not flop quite as hard as VR, but it's way overhyped and it isn't going to be what people imagine and hope it is.

I must have been on the opposite side of the internet from you, because I didn't hear any of the hype about VR and when I finally tried it, it was way better than I was expecting.

>I must have been on the opposite side of the internet from you
Was it not 2010 and 2011 or something like this when people where acting like VR sucks their dick while talking about it?

If someone saved these videos or articles I be glad.
The future demands a warning and demonstration of journalistic shilling extreme internet whoring edition.

To warn future generations of how the media operates and hypes up crap.

Oculus was a classic tech scam. They sold worthless VR shit to facebook and ran with the money.

it isn't completely worthless, and it came with a bunch of patents which a tech company will need

>it isn't completely worthless
Same is true for tulips.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

You really think facebook will make its money back on their perches?

Found some medium retardation from 2016:
>VR will revolutionise
>Education of kids
It will be exactly like teachers playing educational videos in class. Boring and gay.
>Remote control for nasa.
WRONG! OBJECTIVELY FACTUALLY WRONG!
There is a delay and robots on mars are controlled by programmed instructions because there is like a 1 minut lag. Literally worthless also what is wrong with having a normal screen?
Why is strapping a screen to your face magic?
Literally pointless because its not possible to control robots on mars in real time. For that you need to invent something that travels faster then light and this is truly revolutionary.
>Muh sports and concerts
retarded not worth the time to put on this crap to my face, monitor superior.
>Gaming
Point and laugh here.
>movie watching
my_sides.jpg

desu i see it being useful for flight and racing simulations

Someone use even VR here?

ye, i use it as a beat saber machine

>beat saber machine
What is this?

vr users are contained in vr general, discussing anything vr on Yea Forums makes no sense because threads are being shitposted with cheap bait

>vr general
Is there even a "vr general" now? Or is is dead like VR itself?

>This will be the same way we will look back on Stadia/game streaming 5 years for now.
Haha, no. Even if Stadia flops because 5G isn't ready yet, they're going to keep pushing this shit. Game streaming is the golden goose as far as developers and publishers are concerned, it's literally a complete ELIMINATION of piracy.

Expect streaming plans that border on free to get people to switch, Sony are going to bundle theirs with PS+ next gen.

vr is worth it if:
>you already have a vr capable gaming pc
>your country has a decent second hand market
I got a full rift setup for less than what I spend on weed in a month and it still gives me interesting experiences after months of regular use

We've had head tracking for 20 years, VR hasn't even taken off in sim circles because most simmers prefer actually being able to see the rest of their room and their expensive peripherals. One thing I noticed instantly in a racing game is that not being able to see your hands and the true wheel position basically limits you to garbage 540 games at best, and trying to let your wheel return to center in rally becomes much harder.

If you have a button box, it's unusable in VR.

there is and there isnt. Its there, but its more like vrchat general and its 93% about anime girl player characters

Streaming won't take off like people expect it to because it's not a good deal for publishers. These idiot stockholders think they want streaming, but once it's actually here they'll be singing a different tune. Ask the music industry. Ask the movie industry. Music artists hate streaming. Most only put their music on it because making a tenth of a cent per stream is better than making zero dollars when someone pirates it. And in the movie industry, streaming is the last stop, once all other monetization options have been exhausted. First movies come to theaters, then bluray/dvd, then streaming last. And content doesn't always even stay on services for long. Stuff is constantly getting pulled from Netflix because Netflix can't offer them enough money to stay on the service. The same shit is already happening with xbox games pass. Games are constantly getting rotated out because Microsoft can't afford to pay publishers to keep their games on the service long term. If you're a doomer about streaming, remember this: publishers are in it for the money, and the money isn't in streaming. The industry is going to have a rude awakening when it realizes what the music and movie industry already know. Streaming is one of the worst business models if you actually want to make money as a content creator of any variety.

The "VR general" is basically just a thinly veiled discord circlejerk, filled with autists who "play" VRchat all day. There are very, very occasional posts about other games, and 90% of the time they're just one of those discord trannies trying to get a lobby together for some other title because VR is fucking dead and most MP games have no servers.

Flight sims are literally unplayable in vr since you need a shitton of keybinds.

Can someone explain to me why Discord is associated with trannies? I'm just in one discord group with some of my friends and we don't have any trannies. Where did this stereotype get started?

you can literally have virtual hands and use the actual cockpit controls

>and it still gives me interesting experiences after months of regular use
same here
>got my rift dk2 years ago, mostly for elite dangerous and racing sims
>upgraded to cv1 recently
>holy shit
>blade and sorcery
>beat saber
>pavlov
>tried vrchat, spending hours playing around with people and i can't even tell what's so good about it, it's just good
>every day is fun now, massive technological improvements with every new game, bonewerks soon

i never thought a pair of motion controllers could make me this happy

Attached: 1559333742129.webm (738x403, 2.87M)

>because it's not a good deal for publishers
It's a great deal for publishers. The same cut they're already getting from digital, which has decimated physical, and now they just need to get their games on the Amazon superserver.

Music streaming is the primary way the industry makes money. Video streaming isn't far off being at cable levels with all the different bullshit providers.

Both Google and Sony want to be the Netflix of games, and both have the clout to do it. These companies don't care about content creators.

Only if your game is built with vr in mind. Even then i vastly prefer a physical flightstick.

This.
Personally I think having a actual simulator style cockpit is more important with some optional switchable peripherals (exchange car to aircraft erc).
for the reasons you have stated.

The true revolution would be having a suit that mimics physical resistances so entering it would be having a fully physically resistance cockpit(while it not really existing) or place to move around in.

VR is literally only strapping monitors to your face.

Cool stuff that is not shilled like VR yet it should.
youtube.com/watch?v=TokSLPB5_Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=mrSEhzwGohU
youtube.com/watch?v=_ikjjU8Lms4

It actually moves you around giving the impression of turning.

Your monitor googles can fuck off.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

> The same cut they're already getting from digital
And that's where you're wrong. With streaming, the customer pays a fixed amount per month, which means there is a finite "pie" of money, and the more publishers put their games on the service, the smaller the cut they get. With digital downloads, there is no upper limit to the amount that a player might pay per month. Even if someone bought 1 full price game each month, that's $6month already, which is more overall inflow of cash than the $20 or whatever they'd be paying for cash.

> Music streaming is the primary way the industry makes money.
Only if you count Spotify/Apple/Google's revenues as part of the industry. Artists and even record labels, which are the music equivalent of publishers, get absolutely buttfucked by streaming

* $60/month

Streaming has huge costs in infrastructure. You need to pay for bandwith and electricity. Unless you can convince people to pay more it's gonna cut into your bottom line.

We're also much more sensitive to the nuances of physical touch than we are to vision. Haptics exists, it's just incredibly janky.

Those chairs are still not that good, though. An important feedback in driving if inertia. You can easily assess your momentum and direction while driving by feeling the inertia on your entire body when changing direction and speed. Those chair setups can't replicate that. You won't ever feel the weightlessness of a fall, for instance, unless the VR device can give you neural feedback, something not coming any time soon. Until then, VR is a meme.

Game streaming will always be expensive and cost more then buying the game and PC/console for consumers.
Unless you are streaming SNES games the streaming provider will need to buy the equivalent of 1 console for every subscriber.
Add the costs of having seats/consoles/PC for future subscribers and you are paying ridiculous money up the ass for it.

Then they need to have redundant servers and the scenario looks glim.

Then you need to factor in the cost to buy future consoles/PC and you are fucked this is why onlive died.
They burned money and ran out of money.

One PC can send 100s of songs or 100s of SNES games at the same time.
Can you imagine buying so many graphics cards to support so many customers and future potential customers?

I never understood the hate boner of some people for vr here.
I have no headset but when it was a nice experience when i tried it.
There's no downside, it just need better screen .

I also like to know this.
Looks like tranies form discord are controlling Yea Forums and playing it like their personal fuck toy.

>it just need better screen .
This is a pretty major downside when you consider screen growth over time, and just how little pressure there is on the industry to grow much bigger. 4K is pretty much the limit for most home users. Unless we get into 100" screens, from the distances most people view them, 1080p is enough for most of the market.

VR needs 16k per eye, minimum, running at high framerates, on rigs that are exponentially more powerful than current computers despite the fact Moore's law died over a decade ago.

Yeah, the streaming company has to purchase all the hardware AND all the games, and make all that back by renting it out to the end user at a pathetic $10-$20 per month. It just doesn't add up financially. Unless they're planning on charging $50 a month or something, in which case it's even more DOA than it already was

>have virtual hands
That clip thru the virtual controls and don't match the hardware you have.
This is the disadvantage of strapping a monitor to your face.

turns out real cars and airplanes are better simulated with you placing a monitor where the window is supposed to be and actually seeing the physical controls you have inside.

Attached: untitled-1.png (600x347, 301K)

>Unless you are streaming SNES games the streaming provider will need to buy the equivalent of 1 console for every subscriber.
Most people don't play video games 24 hours a day. The theory is, you need as many nodes as required for your peak load. The reality is, input latency will make it feel like gaming with a controller/keyboard that's submerged in molasses.

True these chairs are more about spinning you around and feeling the turns.

Something monitor googles simply can not do.

>The reality is, input latency will make it feel like gaming with a controller/keyboard that's submerged in molasses.
LCDs already did that, and most people didn't even notice.

Shitters don't care about quality. They care about convenience.

Streaming will be orders of magnitude worse than any sort difference screen tech could make. Even normies will notice this

Why do casuals ruin VR with shitty new hardware? Id pay 5000+€ if there was something strong enough. I want a gpu that doesnt suck at a Pimax. I want skyrimvr modded to max or something like Cyberpunk and not those ridicolus minigames

>Most people don't play video games 24 hours a day.
Ha!
look up steam charts of number of users online there is a noticeable spike. to yes you need to have the infrastructure to deal with this spike or you will have the.
"We are sorry we don't have any seats available"
message and be unable to play games.

You are also not factoring that they need to buy this hardware in advance.
And consider new users who will want to log in.
And needing to have replacement parts if one of the cards burns out.

so you have ridiculously costly or literally will not let you play games because no available seat scenarios.

Attached: De8oXux.jpg (480x345, 24K)

>>Streaming will be orders of magnitude worse
No, it won't. I've used current streaming to beat Bloodborne, it's absolutely noticeable for me and probably you, but 99% of people won't be able to tell the difference. The latency is far better than early LCD TV panels, and all modern games are already made with this shit in mind. You think reaction gameplay died in the PS3 era because every dev just decided to start making garbage? It died because devs realised they could no longer expect gamers to be playing with anything under a 200ms delay, and so reaction based input would be literally impossible for them to hit.

I do those last 2

pretty good. also yeah you can use it for educational purposes but

>trusting kids with expensive headsets

yeah maybe when they're 50 bucks or somethin

>I never understood the hate boner of some people for vr here.
See:

And this shilling of what is essentially are shit monitor googles.

>I have no headset
I also did in a store (remember this is why you support physical stores) was meh to holy shit vomit city when the video began to move fast.
And this was video, they made for VR presentation.

Its literally only a stupid monitor strapped to your face what is so great about it?

Attached: 1200px-NASA_logo.svg.png (1200x1004, 98K)

For those too lazy to look, steam peaked at over 16 MILLION players over the past 24 hours. That's 16 million gaming PCs. And the customer isn't paying for that out of pocket. The streaming company has to eat the cost.
You're cherry picking the worst of the worst. Most LCDs were nowhere near that bad. And in what timeline did reaction based gameplay ever die? It's been around without any major dips since the NES and will probably be around forever. If PS now was actually good you wouldn't have people clamoring for an actual PC port of Bloodborne.

>I do those last 2
Why?

Shit is hype af dawg

streamable.com/duth8

Attached: blocks_your_path.jpg (1134x597, 339K)

because there are gameplay experiences you cant have without motion control + headset movement

and movies are comfy to watch with friends in a theatre in vrchat/bigscreen. dont get me wrong good VR games are very far and few, but they do feel good when you get them like beat saber / gorn / sprint vector / etc. main issue is the lack of them for now

Anyone old enough to have even a vague memory of 90s VR hype, knew it was all bullshit. They used the same words, same phrases, same shovelware shit. And it all amounted to the same problem: people don't wanna strap shit to their heads for hours.

Only way VR works is with holograms like that movie 'Gamer'. Even then, most people won't have a dedicated room just for games.

>I've used current streaming to beat Bloodborne, it's absolutely noticeable for me and probably you, but 99% of people won't be able to tell the difference.
in bloodborne, yeah. despite common sense, bloodborne is a slow reaction game. i assume you're using this ps now thing, so you could try playing f1 game that's available there. you won't be able to drive at all, seriously, it just doesn't work. although you're right about many big titles being slow reaction ones, so i'm not saying stream vidya won't take off.

i hope it won't take off though, i wouldn't want my vidya to go down this way and get purposely simplified for streaming standards

honestly the "strap shit to your head" is the most minor annoyance of the thing. its shit like sensors/wire management thats the pain. you barely notice the headset

>you won't be able to drive at all, seriously, it just doesn't work.
Given the vast majority of people play with full driving assists on and just pre-turn the same lines every time, it wouldn't be hard for a controller using player to adapt. Actual sim driving, sure, but that shit hasn't been on consoles ever, for precisely this reason.

VR is absolutely incredible and its pretty much either poorfag cope ITT and the high barrier for entry that keeps it down. Skyrim VR alone is worth the price of the entire setup, watching movies, especially horror in bigscreen beta is unbelievably fun as well.

>VR is literally only strapping monitors to your face.

Confirmed for never actually used VR.

vrchat is good because its just pure social. good for people who live in the middle of fuck nowhere with nobody with similar interests nearby

No, seriously, try it. You'll be surprised. Turn on all of the assists, drive automatic, turn it into the most casual way of playing car games possible, and you still won't be able to drive because you can't correct your line of driving without sperging out (if you can't notice the car's reaction to your movement, you start giving it more and more of input, and then you end up turning too much). I've been trying for over half an hour to adapt, after this time i was still unable to keep it steady without occasional overcorrection.

Car vidya is the only example of non-streamable vidya i can think of, but it's a good one. Seriously, it just doesn't work, no matter what you do. I imagine you could probably adapt with time, but it could never become comfortable.

Attached: 1559322876544.webm (1000x546, 2.62M)

Sitting in a virtual cockpit in VR is so much more immersive to me that its absolutely no contest. It changes the feel of everything you see, the perception of scale is completely different, you feel like youre in a little room in a tiny plane flying over a huge world. Weather effects are amazing and menacing looking.
For actual sim junkies you might be right, but I refuse to believe that flight and racing games/sims in VR arent vastly more fun for almost everyone in the world.

I hope Index will save us from a PlebVR future whith nothing but shitty rhythm games

>and movies are comfy to watch with friends in a theatre in vrchat/bigscreen.
Literally worst resolution of picture this way.
Hey kids pay $800 to get a worst video quality and needing to strap on these peaces of gay shit to your head before watching.

>because there are gameplay experiences
>+ headset movement
Name 1.
1 with headset motion.
I actually want to know this.

why would index, a non-revolutionary, non-consumer VR headset do that?
If anything its the quest that might.

>vrchat is good because its just pure social.
And how is this different from simply using second life or any avatar controlled "game" like this???
>its just pure social.
Seriously!
There are hundreds of other chat services.
Why do you need to strap shit to your face for this?
Like for real! Why?

>Muh fee fees
>Muh immersive
These are clear signs of bullshit.

>Weather effects are amazing
Provable wrong. How is this different from monitors?

I sometimes feel bad for your poorfags.

>I sometimes feel bad for your poorfags.
Say what is so great about VR.
Its always fun.
>I sometimes feel bad for your poorfags.
you know what the funny part is?
VR is dying and it will be dead.

>t. never tried it

Next time try explaining it.
>t. never tried it
Actually did in a store.
Turns out its shit and vomit inducing frame rates in videos and this was only for videos.

i'm more or less a poorfag and i've got a rift. used cv1 with touch controllers costs me pretty much the same money i've paid for my not-entirely-crappy display. honestly, paywall is nonexistent in vr, it's ordinary vidya hardware money, the real issue is convincing people to buy it (because translating vr to flatfags is a difficult task)

Attached: 1554349597185.png (1040x1250, 344K)

Oculus quest is pretty damn fun since it's entirely wireless and the lack of tether really changes the experience vs even a single wire.

Still, the screendoor is still there and the refresh rate is low, but oculus quest gen2 having those problems fixed in 3-5 years will really make a it a worthwhile vr console (also plus the power upgrade or hopefully by then a home set that connects to your pc all wireless too).

Try explaining it to me.
And keep in mind that the pro VR gave us fantastical stupidities like
>VR will revolutionise
There is a delay and robots on mars are controlled by programmed instructions because there is like a 1 minut lag. Literally worthless also what is wrong with having a normal screen?
Why is strapping a screen to your face magic?
Literally pointless because its not possible to control robots on mars in real time. For that you need to invent something that travels faster then light and this is truly revolutionary.

fucking wow, I threw that out, but you actually havent. At least my arguments were anecdotal, you have nothing.
and youre so pissed off its obvious youre super emotionally invested in the subject. whats that even about, who would live their life like that?
what do I care if you stick to monitors, do what you want, loser.

>fucking wow, I threw that out, but you actually havent.
Threw out what?
What?
What are you even on?

>Some people on Yea Forums keep trying to say VR is a dead gimmick
>However in reality VR grew last year

I can see us 5 years from now with VR being bigger than ever and the same people will still try to say VR is dead.

It's not a minor annoyance. You're underestimating how easily 1st World people get annoyed. People get annoyed at having to use an escalator for fucks sake lmao. The longer it takes to set up a piece of entertainment, the more likely it is to fail.

No one wants to come home, just wanting to press ON then play. But instead having to set up all this gear, strap a screen to their head, and move their already-weary arms around. They just wanna press some buttons.

Fuck, even pressing buttons annoys people sometimes because it's too much "effort". How the fuck do you think people would choose more effort? You're really underestimating how prissy people are lmao. People want their entertainment and they want it now.

dont forget that mars robot argument, apparently we have to invent an FTL communication protocol before VR can work, lol.

Not him but you're dumb lmao

>what is so great about VR.
That shit is posted all over every thread that comes up about VR yet retards like you who never tried it will just continue to shitpost about how its just fake fun or a monitor to face etc.

>VR is dying
Classic.

>videos
You tried it with some shitty 360 video and now you act like you know how it even plays games? What next, was this on a movile phone? Fucking moron.

I thought it'd be more of a hassle than it actually is. My Vive just sits on a little mount right next to me, when I want to play I just turn on steamVR by tapping the button on the side of it or clicking it on steam, then I put it on and grab my controllers.

It's honestly less hassle than using my Switch, which constantly fucking dies because I don't charge it for weeks, so I have to wait 8 hours to trickle charge it.

I like VR (Rift) but I also dislike that I know that almost every single problem I have can be fixed with me just throwing money at them

Better resolution
Better colors
Better FOV
Better IPD adjustments
Better framerate
Better tracking

That would be nice.. oh wait all fixable if I cough up a grand for an Index. Goddammit.

so, do you want to throw money or not?

if not, have fun in your rift, wait for another gen, get used index for quater the price

>dont forget that mars robot argument, apparently we have to invent an FTL communication
This gets me every time.
And then we are still asking ourselves why do we strap monitors to our face to use FTL if we can have FTL with normal monitor setup.

Because FTL communication would be truly revolutionary on its own.

Attached: mars.jpg (640x640, 134K)

Not him, but I don't think we even need to wait an extra gen for that. I've stuck with my CV1 for 1.5 years, sticking with it for another year and a half until newer hardware comes down to a sane price might be a good plan.

>You tried it with some shitty 360 video and now you act like you know how it even plays games? What next, was this on a movile phone? Fucking moron.
I expected the store to present its best case for VR.
I'm not buying crap blindly.

Index doesn't fix most of those if you are talking about OG rift. It will have worse colours and the IPD range is less iirc, for example. Hope you didn't get scammed with the S, which is a straight up downgrade in everything but FOV and pixel count.

Should still be a massive upgrade and I can't wait for mine as someone going from OG vive and rift.

Hello VR friend do you have some good articles or videos reporting no how truly revolutionary VR will be? Because all the articles now are pessimistic all the time.

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking. I'm fine and happy with a Rift S as my first real headset, but at the same time it's hard for me to not have a little voice in my head going "...this could be so much better". Hopefully I trip over a bag of cash later today.

It's a Rift S. But like you said, even going from the OG Vive and Rift it's a massive upgrade.

>wasting money now on a gimmick.
Even if I'm wrong and the technology will get better with time you are the one paying for a inferior tech and getting the early adopter ass fucking.

I meant going from OG Rift to Index as the massive upgrade and mostly a downgrade from the OG to S aside from the FoV and pixel count.
I really structured that post horribly.

>getting the early adopter ass fucking
being an early adopter is top fun though. vr got kinda normie recently, but social circles are still full of cool nerds to hang around with

if you think a few hundred bucks is an ass fucking you have other things to worry about. The early adopter argument works with things like 500k electric vehicles or solar panels.

That's what I meant too, your post was fine.
OG Rift to Rift S is not much of any upgrade
OG Rift to Index = Massive upgrade
Rift S to Index = Massiver upgrade

I know, I'm stupid but not stupid enough to fucking blind buy Valve hardware for €1000. I wouldn't even buy a Steam Link or controller for a few bucks, let alone their untested (by the public) VR project for a grand+.

I don't need VR.
>a few hundred bucks
You see I can buy this or...
>Buy another HDD (the manufacturers are ass raping us now by not increasing capacity yet keeping prices the same for years)
HDD is so crucial.
My HDD addiction is hard and not negotiable.
>buy another server
Because god knows I need another server because core swapping is a pain.
>Another monitor or other peripherals

Attached: Tg4aQzD.jpg (3102x2368, 601K)

>Rift
Why do people buy facebook hardware?

I have a Vive pro for my racing sim rig. No regrets, the porn ain't bad either

>the porn ain't bad either
VR porn. WHY?

cause it's better than vive

really?

Not him but the Rift is genuinely much, much better than the Vive and WMR at the time. I have all 3 (Vives needed for project, have it set up with DAS right now as I'm getting used to it) and I much prefer my Rift thanks to the controllers, software (ASW is a must when crazy modding Skyrim), weight, wider sweetspot and much less obvious SDE. I'm also someone who doesn't mind the godray glare vs the vive frensel rings which were driving crazy when I first switched. The FOV improvement on the Vive is much nicer though and tracking is much more consistent vs a 3 sensor constellation setup.

But the hate for Facebook is understandable. I kinda went against everything I believed in at the time when I got it and ended up paying for it now that its so obvious that they want out of the PC market with the release of the S. Could have saved money on base stations too since the Vive actually has an upgrade path towards the higher end SteamVR headsets. Looking forward to leaving that shitty eco-system now with the Index.

Attached: mpv_2019-02-15_01-25-49.png (488x512, 387K)

yeah. good thing about vive is modularity, tracking (which is great in rift as well), and open input, other than that rift does everything better
>meme vive wands
>vive screen door effect
>vive price

zucc gives you a great deal for a reasonable price of your ideals

>But the hate for Facebook is understandable
I simply haves hate boner for facebook and want them to suffer and lose money.

I think the other aspect to this is that, at release, the rift was more 'oculus' than 'facebook'. Now there's a much stronger brand association, and it's clear that facebook are directly involved. I was happy to buy the og rift, but am much less likely yo buy a successor oculus product (not least since the S seems sub-par).

They should. Outside of the impact they had on the internet, the privacy concerns etc. they really fucked up Oculus and what it was about.
At the same time though, they funded a lot of the earlier VR games that are still very good and there are a couple of decent looking stuff coming up too. I would be a lot more butthurt now if it wasn't for Revive.

Either Index will usher in an age in which VR is a medium about huge virtual worlds with unmatched immersion and fantastic unique mechanics that can't be replicated in conventional games, or Quest will damn the medium into being a shitty gimmick for rhythm games and such.

VR and AR are still everyone's dream I think it's just that the technology that exists at this point is still shit and games are rare and usually shitty too.

it's entirely possible for both platforms to coexist, especially considering inevitable quest's pcvr support. normies will buy standalones and slowly convince themselves to play "big vr", enthusiasts will keep being full body tracked vrchat sluts while playing quality vidya instead of ripped off versions

i don't mind pcvr not getting all of the attention, just give it a reasonable minimum to move forward. if big vr stays as a nerd's toy, i'm happy

the bottleneck has been the software for a long while now. the tech is more than good enough

you cannot talk about vr on /vrg/ it's just a bunch of disgusting ERP faggots

just like all of /vg/

>They
Did you just use the singular 'they' ???!!!!
Because this is wrong!

ACTUAL VR would be great as fuck the problem is that
>VR is literally only strapping monitors to your face
This.

anyone else have to stop playing blade and sorcery after like 15 minutes because they need to fap or is it just me

I'm not so pessimistic about quest, especially if Carmack makes good at looking in to a tethered mode. The convenience of it is really impressive, I don't think quest is gen 2, but gen 1 in a slightly different domain.

pcvr on the quest is already absolutely decent. I tried alvr alpha 3 and everything but controller mapping was fine. apparently thats already been vastly improved. Im not sure where this is going to leave the rift S in a few months

>>VR is literally only strapping monitors to your face
of course it is you bumbling retard, what do you want?

boner stops popping out after couple hours of gameplay, but i understand you user. god, this feels wrong

>Index will usher in an age
Index won't. Limited production that is backordered for months and it actually is way too expensive for non-enthusiasts and I'm someone who was rushing to preoder like a retard on anouncement. Other headsets do that just fine for their price right now (outside of the Quest, fucking phone games) but it really feels like we need a new decent mid-end SteamVR headset with at least IPD adjustment for PCVR newfags. Its getting really hard to recommend headsets to them.

Agreed. Also a very good point.

No, me too. The blade fap is real. VR makes me fap quite a bit actually, there's some [ower fantasy trigger in it. But hey, so does driving fast irl.

>VR
I tihnk the word VR is meaningless and at this point so overused that we need to abandon it in serious conversation.

Because a technology that creates resistance for every part of your body would be essentially the real life holodeck. having resistance is the important part.

Sword fights and other collisions are impossible to model in monitor googles.

im not even into rough stuff irl or in porn, it must just be a power thing because every time i take 4x as long to kill the women than the men

are you a little stupid, or what? If anything its like strapping one monitor to your left eye and another to your right. Do you understand the difference and what this does for depth perception and scale? Maybe shut the fuck up?

There's actually no difference between one monitor vs 2 in this context, 2 panels are used because it slightly reduces the cost. You're looking at 2 different regions either way.

I honestly didn't know. Or rather I thought that it was a case of them being owned by Facebook but still their own thing. Come to the Oculus setup and whatnot and Facebook is right there front and center. Facebook integration galore. Granted I didn't have to sign up for anything except Oculus itself, but yeah reason why I'm not buying anything on their store because I expect to leave that all behind in the future.

My headset IS probably spying on me and my strange pornography right now though.

If they ever implemented or modded in proper moaning, pain, whimpering, screaming and whatnot it would be over, maybe some strangling and struggling. I would take the psychopath pill and become a full-time scumbag.

>of course it is you bumbling retard, what do you want?
Full immersion suit.
or
360 video
because these technologies have actual uses.

>360 video
what do you actually mean by this?

>Do you understand the difference and what this does for depth perception and scale
Why would anyone want dept perception?
This is a downside.

I've been contemplating sticking it to 100% men and making it a good manly fighting game. I've noticed that I get disappointed if a girl I'm working on just dies, and am beginning to question if it's healthy.

Not him but there is. 2 separate screens for each eye enable IPD adjustment and with my time with low end WMR with their fixed IPD (mine is 67), I can tell you that its a must. I can't focus on text for more than 10 minutes in desktop, for example, where as I have gone a couple of hours on the OG Rift. Palmer was hardcore shitting on the S on announcement about this very reason.

Still haven't been sold on this game. It looks so incredibly lifeless. Adding SSAO could help with that issue though like it did with Skyrim for me.

Probably the dumbest post in this thread.

>2 separate screens for each eye enable IPD adjustment
Technically this can be done in software if the screens are a bit wider, but yeah, you're right. This also works in reverse, I have an IPD below 60 like a decent 20-30% of people, and yet most IPD adjustments don't go that low because of the physical distance between the screens. If it was a single unit, it'd be far easier to get tighter IPD settings.

Use this. Use mouse drag to turn around.
youtube.com/watch?v=ofZOo4IISiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-xNN-bJQ4vI
Only works on google chrome because google/youtube hates other browsers.
Have a look
youtube.com/results?search_query=360 Video

what the fuck is your point? VR does this and then some because it provides actual depth

HEMA and VRfag here

VR is perfectly capable of making compelling melee combat. Sure you don't have the haptic feedback you do in real life, but it isn't really necessary. Visual feedback is enough to see if you've been parried or whatever, it works just fine. The brain naturally compensates for the "disconnectio"n between your virtual weapon and you real hand whenever such shit happens.
You only really would need such haptic feedback if you wanted to have a hyper-realistic experience in which you need to be able to read pressure signals in the bind or some shit, which probably doesn't interest most gamers anyway. At that point you'd might as well join a fencing/HEMA/Kendo club or so.

B&S really shows the potential for deep melee combat VR has, however I need to stress that the developer is a massive faggot who doesn't like challenge, thus that game will never be able to deliver on deep gameplay, hopefully someone else will step up to the task.

You do know that you can actually "watch" those videos in VR and move the view by moving your head, right? You even get depth perception and scale.
As mentioned earlier though, most of these are actually too low resolution/bitrate to be worth doing though.

>developer is a massive faggot who doesn't like challenge
i think he's just delivering for his target. i mean, let's be honest here, delivering a stress relief where you can grab enemies by neck and slam them on the floor like it's nothing is both more widely appreciated and plain easier to do than implementing realistic sword combat AI

>Probably the dumbest post in this thread.
Dude you close one eye to shoot more correctly in reality.
youtube.com/watch?v=1octhtJQfC8
Dept perception is a a defect like losing focus.

Attached: eye-conditions-1.jpg (460x460, 100K)

VR hasn't flopped. Rifts and Vives are being used academically. The technology is alive and well. Quest is selling hotcakes and the Rift S is going to strengthen PCVR big time with its convenience.

>You do know that you can actually "watch" those videos in VR and move the view by moving your head, right
yes and why do I need to strap shit to my head to do the same thing I can do with every other control in existence?

try driving without depth perception retard

Beat Saber has you dodge left and right to avoid walls, and Superhot vr has you duck behind cover and dodge bullets.

I doubt this.

Sword swinging and block are impossible in VR.
Do you readjust your hand to the virtual sword if you overawing and have your "actual sword" inside the guy?

>At that point you'd might as well join a fencing/HEMA/Kendo club or so.
The HEMA benefits for this are having practically 100% realistic HEMA combat while being 100% safe from injury.

Also there are other uses for this theoretically you can create any control mechanism you want like in a holodeck.

or you can go full /fit/ and decide to play a "game" where you lift wights to exercise.
This suit will let you do physically impossible things that normally would crush your spine or make you develop problems.
Also 100% safe because "drooping something heave on yourself" will have zero consequences and not hurt you.

>why use second life when you can just go on facebook?

Not a problem especially that depth perception doesn't work at these distances.
Its only for things in front of your face.
Depth perception is like loosing focus a defect or evolutionary thing to get stupid animals to understand something is going to hit them in the face you human have a brain to realize these things.

lack of depth and scale

>has you dodge left and right
We name this strafing and this was a thing in games since the 1990s
>duck behind cover
My god like no game has ever made this possible. Oh no wait its totally overused in all games.
These are not convincing points.
how is this different from what we have in all normal games now?

You asked for games that utilize head movements in vr and I gave you games that utilize head movements in vr

Like pointed out its a defect on the same level like losing focus or lens flairs.

Attached: Losing_Focus_01.jpg (4032x3024, 2.72M)

Have you ever used vr before? Looking at an image of a tower and looking at the same tower in vr are two completely different experiences.

>vr flopped
I mean, that's not really true but okay
I still play my rift cv1, pavlov is still gyn, and I like to use vrchat to harass desktop thots. To me, it's more or less worth the price, so long as you pick a good headset and dont just settle for the cheapest one.

Attached: 1559288354810.gif (500x375, 393K)

Why are you so hostile to VR when you clearly never even tried it? Do you just need something to hate on?

theres a literal fucking CYCLOPS in this thread saying depth perception is an evolutionary defect

Attached: 1513195286110.jpg (640x633, 39K)

Hold on a second you utilize head movement to "duck behind cover" and "has you dodge left and right" ??? !!! ???? !!!!

How is this beneficial or disable?
Seriously it looks worse then all the gimmicks of the past put together.
youtube.com/watch?v=4WbRAkNU6Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=lXL8-k28nos

Attached: 320px-Sega_Activator.jpg (320x171, 11K)

yep, bait-kun op had largely exceeded my most optimistic expectations. his dedication is commendable

>Sword swinging and block are impossible in VR.
You're straight up claiming that something that has existed for years now doesn't exist.
>Do you readjust your hand to the virtual sword if you overawing and have your "actual sword" inside the guy?
Yes, as I said the brain compensates for any discrepancies between sword and hand position, your natural reflex is always to move your hand back to the right place and games are designed to take advantage of that

>The HEMA benefits for this are having practically 100% realistic HEMA combat while being 100% safe from injury.
Do you realize how fucking hard and expensive that would be to pull off?
Your standards for VR are impossibly high for the current level of technology. You act like because you can't 100% perfectly simulate every aspect, VR is somehow worthless.
That's pretty fucking autistic

Many modern combat optics, both magnified and not are designed to be used with both eyes open

>I remember being pissed of about this crap when it was spamed everywhere.
youre the one spamming it right now

there was a media blackout mid 2016 and journos started attacking VR as if it was trump and then they just went silent so you wont find as many article anymore, and those were the ones putting cringy content

I'm asking questions.
>you clearly never even tried it
I did in a store. It was only video output and it was nothing more then vomit city if the video got to fast.
And the slow videos where not impressive.
Trust me I tried it with video.
>Why are you so hostile
Because pro VR is so obviously bullshit that they managed to say the single most disprovable thing imaginable like "we will use VR to control robots on mars"

>saying depth perception
Try shooting a real gun and tell me how it improves things.
Funny how this is a real thing.
>evolutionary
Yes because small retarded animals need to have a feeling screaming at them and telling them to get the fuck away if something is to close to their eyes.
You have a brain so you can understand that a car getting bigger means you have to get out of the way.

What video player do you guys use? I have a 20 gb .ts file that doesn't show up in DeoVR or Skybox.

Attached: 1551788598133.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>people taking random anti-vr shit as fact
why do you fucks even bother.
you try vr and are either:
>best thing ever
>its okay, kinda fun but not the best
>a neat gimmick but not worth the money
>its not there yet, maybe after a bit more time
every other opinion is literally just shitposting

>I had one shitty video experience in a store so VR is all bullshit and bad
Must be nice being so dumb that life is so simple.

whirligig
Has a free version hosted on its site.

Yea Forums has an agenda about gender
It seethes at things it doesn't like and will associate anything and everything with the thing they hate most.
So when people stop touching the burning stove that is Yea Forums, Yea Forums screeches and calls forth the boogeyman.
If you stay on Yea Forums, you get shitposts, if you leave Yea Forums, you get shitposts - it's a very self-sustaining system of eternal shitposting and they don't even settle when you're gone.
Shitposters have become mentally and emotionally cripplied. It is irrefutable. They can and will not reason nor do they desire anything good to occur. It is a festering hole they dig for themselves.
So now, people casually lurk from a safe distance so they don't get burned by the stove and enjoy what threads do have some good in them as well as find occassional humor in the depravity of others.

The more important part is that having your head in the game enables hand eye coordination. You need head tracking to know where your hands are and where they need to be moved in game. Most VR games use it, but since you only asked for one, I'll go with Eleven Table Tennis.

Gotta make those grapes sour somehow bro.
I know the 5 people who actually tried it will try to say they noticed the SDE on the Vive and such but you'd literally have to be focusing on the lens itself and not what's on it, and at that point, you're looking for shit to nitpick about

Considering that Sony's been selling VR sets at a very good rate, 4.2M in just over 2 years, do you think Oculus Quest will be able to affect this success?

Attached: 1457866311676.png (700x620, 134K)

the only thing i hate about my CV1 rift is that you need to have kikebooks software running just to use it, if i could avoid it entirely i would, but that being said the hardware itself is pretty great, the controllers are the best part

>ou need head tracking to know where your hands are
Wait what?
I need head tracking for what?
I mean I base it off me seeing the virtual hands in game.

I mean even if your head was ridge in place you still can do it. Its a nice feature to make it look more natural and human however even if you could not tilt your head it would not be a problem.

SDE/lack of clarity on the Vive is a problem that does become apparent, such as when trying to use some of the shittier sights on guns, or reading gauges in a cockpit.

Another reason for me to be excited about the Index, as according to the fat commie H3VR dev, it makes even the crappiest, tiniest 19th century irons crisp even when they're towards the edges of the FOV

I don't know you'd ever ADS in VR unless you had a scope.
There's 0 spread, you're holding the gun yourself, no need to balance mouse aim

The saddest part is people in this thread who clearly have never actually used VR themselves are trying to tell me how bad it is LOL

>I mean I base it off me seeing the virtual hands in game.
It is very common that you can't see your hands in game. Being able to know where they are because they are a part of your body is a fundamental part of VR gameplay. If your head is fixed, the game would have to move your hands to maintain there relative position with your head. It would feel really awkward and uncomfortable. Trying to apply this to a monitor would be like trying to control a puppet. It would be much less intuitive compared to doing the actions yourself.

You ADS all the time in basically every VR shooter, although it is satisfying as fuck to blast niggas from the hip using nothing but instincts.
Red dots and scopes (when implemented well) are really useful and fun to use in VR, irons are lagging behind with gen 1 visuals, but are apparently really nice on Index (which I haven't gotten to try yet)

>Being able to know where they are because they are a part of your body
And this has to do with til controls what exactly?
I imagine not having the ability to move your head would be different and having it is nice however for what purpose is this really useful?

It looks like a minor benefit.

This thread is just dudes who have never tried VR arguing about questions that were answered in 2016

Attached: Link in stitches.png (220x175, 79K)

What do you gain from VR flopping?

Why does VR still induce such a strong fox and grapes effect? It's cheap enough now that pretty much any non-neet can afford it.

>There's 0 spread,
Literally every game has some form of dogshit recoil, and they all suck dick. Imagine aimpunch every time you fire, that's what shooting in VR is like.

do you know where you are?

Pure unadulterated Autism.

If they cant fuck sonic the hedgehog (not blue arms) with full tactile feadback VR is a SCAM

>To warn future generations of how the media operates and hypes up crap.
lol people don't and won't care. They wanna be part of something everyone is talking about. Whether it's good or not is immaterial. You can't stop hype. People need and thrive on it.

it's kinda like ps3, according to vee ps3 had no games long after it got games. some memes just stick around, and shitting on vr is a prime meme because you can pretend to be retarded on the entire new level

Well that's kinda what recoil is
The other option would be to have guns remain 100% still when shooting, which is retarded and horrible for gameplay, or have spread which is super gay
You're the first person ever to be bothered by VR recoil
Also there are now recoiling gunstocks

I still want a VR set desu and i'm strongly considering pre-ordering the new one from valve.

Attached: yuzuriha-uniel-walk-forward.gif (579x434, 108K)

>strong fox and grapes effect
Actually believing the "fox and grapes" meme is real. Wew lad. This has nothing to do with money you can get the same attitude about F2P games where people don't want to even try it.

Face it VR shills salted the earth hard with their bullshit.
Want to tell everyone how you can use VR to control robots on mars?

Or do you admit that the VR shills did tell total bullshit?

And everyone can see these bullshits. So don't be surprised at the resistance people feel to VR.

>pre-ordering
i have bad news for you b

>>The other option would be to have guns remain 100% still when shooting, which is retarded and horrible for gameplay,
This would be my preference, futuristic recoilless weapons. Plenty of games do this, Quake comes to mind instantly.

>You're the first person ever to be bothered by VR recoil
I'm sure there are plenty of others, the problem is that VR has basically nobody playing it, so obvious mistakes like this aren't noticed.

>Also there are now recoiling gunstocks
Those aren't a solution in any sense. They add stock recoil effect for the sake of "immersion", you're gun is still going to be bouncing around completely irrespective of it.

I'm not entirely sure how you got the 'buy VR to control robots on mars' message, most of us are looking for the 'enhance cockpit simulators, and use 1:1 physics interaction with video games', or at the minimum 'see our waifus in 3D and ERP with some faggots'. Those latter two are going quite well.

If you're in it for controlling robots on mars I suggest you head to MIT and see what they're up to. (N.b. I have actually had a chance to play with some early VR looking at controlling robots for disaster rescue, but again, pre-proof of concept university lab stuff).

You have some links to these old videos?
I like to see them :3

Probably because some of us bought in at a more reasonable price point and can now see just how much you were lying.

VR is the 3DS all over again. Sub-par hardware with absolutely no games being hyped up by cultists. Every single new VR release feels like fucking Kid Icarus all over again, another turd that you pretend will be the new killer app.

I'm impressed at just how little VR has to offer. Using current VR is like trying to game on a console, it "works", but you can very easily see how a couple of generations down the line it's going to be orders of magnitude better.

>This would be my preference, futuristic recoilless weapons. Plenty of games do this, Quake comes to mind instantly.
Doing that with automatic weapons will de
Keeping a weapon on target for a prolonged period of time is stupidly easy in VR, not having to control recoil would massively reduce the skill factor

>obvious mistakes
You're the only obvious mistake here m8, people almost unanimously like recoil in vr

>use 1:1 physics interaction with video games
Of all VR titles, the only one that comes close to this is beat saber, because your beams literally just cut through everything with no resistance.

Good luck because its backordered till september and only coming to the EU and US.

This.
Also I think some can be severely delusional and keep on going on the propaganda of the days of old.

>>Keeping a weapon on target for a prolonged period of time is stupidly easy in VR,
Is it, though? Close range, maybe you can hit 60% LG. Long range? I seriously doubt it.

I would fucking love to play Quake in VR to find out, but hey, this tech is dead so we'll never know.

Attached: kisspng-twitch-tv-emote-streaming-media-video-games-real-l-5b75d0fedcd497.8775834415344478709045.png (797x797, 215K)

They're fairly limited, it's certainly the case that there's some suspension of disbelief.

I'd say games like Onwards aren't a mile away from airsoft, especially since casual airsoft guns are very light, and airsoft pellets basically don't hurt.

Cockpit sims get close of course, it's a wonder for flight and racing sims, and games like Vox Machinae do a good job too.

>recoil would massively reduce the skill factor
>Muh skill factor.
>Muh recoil
zoomer you learn to play a good game for once in your life.
Throw away the modern crap of recoil and reloads.

>Probably because some of us bought in at a more reasonable price point
wmrfag detected

Attached: swiss-cheese-fondue-woman-eating-laughing-showing-bread-melted-local-traditional-food-switzerland-pe (1300x957, 173K)

>>Cockpit sims get close of course,
Unless you have a 6DOF platform in your house and you've hacked together support for any title you want to play, I seriously doubt this. The physics level you get is from peripherals that aren't included with VR anyway.

I tried playing Ultrawings with Vive wands, within 20 seconds I wanted to kill myself. I know it's an impossible ask to get some kind of feedback from a virtual joystick, but holy shit.

I've got a Vive buddy, I'm not retarded enough to use W10, or dumb enough to go for inside-out tracking ever. Vive wand accuracy is already pretty sub-par and easily occluded, I can't imagine how poor it must be on other systems.

Well with HOTAS or a wheel of course, the idea of playing with vive wands is pretty idiotic. Vive wands are also utter shit.

>W10
What is this?
Windows 10?
Win 10 is spyware remember this.

>Vive wands are also utter shit.
Blame Valve, they're the ones who pushed this "gamers don't NEED controls in VR!" bullshit onto HTC. All so they could come to the rescue a few years later by tacking on the buttons literally every single game so desperately needed.

Aiming in VR is 1-1. There's no equivalent to mouse sensitivity, as there's no abstraction. It's hard to explain, what I mean is that in order to turn the gun X degrees, rather than having to move the mouse Y millimeters, you just turn the gun directly, it's very natural.
Because of this, putting your sights on target is stupidly easy, and turning to keep up with a moving target is also totally natural.

There's quite a huge back order, due to massive demand coupled with Valve not being a fully fledged hardware manufacturer at the moment.

That's not true. I'm and I can tell you that SteamVR tracking is fantastic and nearly perfect. You set yours up incorrectly and probably have reflective surfaces in the way. W7 is also missing system features that a lot of the VR runtimes use like ASW on Oculus, not sure about SteamVR.

VR is a gimmick, it is also a fad and one that is already over.

>vive
>not inside out

>I can tell you that SteamVR tracking is fantastic and nearly perfect.
It's mediocre and miles off 1:1.

I get it, you've only used consumer hardware, you don't understand what 1:1 actually means. You think a 0.3mm tracking error isn't noticable, you don't care too much when you see a controller start floating away because you put it in an occluded spot, you don't mind some jitter when your back and head cover the view from one lighthouse to one controller.

Lighthouses are easily the best home solution for tracking. But that doesn't mean they aren't still hot garbage. All it means is that everything else is just worse.

I'll probably upgrade to a 4 lighthouse setup eventually just to see if it makes any difference, but I think half the limitations are just sensor based anyway so it'll only improve occlusion.

Steam hardware stats disagree.

As an owner of a Vive I still find all the games to be pretty gimmicky and short except Beat Saber. Beat Saber single handedly saved VR for me. My absolute favorite rhythm games, I cannot play anything else.

See, as someone who actually enjoys rhythm games, I find Beat Saber absolutely intolerable. Sure, if your only experience is Guitar Hero, or worse, Osu!, you might find Beat Saber fun.

But it's not fun. It's trash designed for children, grow the fuck up and play IIDX.

>most hotly anticipated VR title this year comes out
>literally 20 minutes long
Sometimes I feel bad for VR fans. Then I remember they're all excited to spend 300 dollars on thumbsticks in a month or two, and I don't feel so bad anymore.

Attached: 1559549607655.jpg (1920x1080, 574K)

Yeah fuck dude, why don't they just make the same three controllers with the different lettered buttons and maybe different positions for analogue sticks and put out underpowered PC's in generic branded shells and flip their shit and dump endless amounts of money into THAT since it's not a flop to do nothing interesting and stagnate for decades.

Like don't get me wrong VR flopped, but it was at least an attempt to do something different. In comparison to what else you can spend your money funding in videogames, taking a chance on VR is pretty decent, better that than the same old shit being rehashed on consoles pumped out every three years

>Wanting Facebook to come out on top on a wealth extraction endeavor.

you serious it's only 20 minutes? wasn't this supposed to be season 3 or something?

Alright, what professional VR solutions that you have tried that somehow make lighthouses this bad? I had those problems when I was first testing the Vive but that was because I had forgotten about a mirror that was right behind me and all of that was sorted after I covered it up.

Your setup is bad if you are having all these issues.

Lmao.
What a fucking retard

But I'm sure the +.01% in this image is an insane number like 1,000,000,000 new users to you

Attached: vr adaption yikers.jpg (387x175, 12K)

Actually, had a faulty base station in one of the setups and was working off just one, that had issues too at the time.

is this a percent of total steam users? if so, that's better than i expected. 0.7% of steam users is probably more than population of smaller countries.

>Concurrent Steam Users:
>14,062,824

Beat Saber is a symptom of what's wrong with VR games at the moment.
VR should be about virtual worlds and shit. The ability to go to places that don't exist and do shit that is impossible or too dangerous IRL, and do so with an unprecedented amount of immersion.
It shouldn't be about using the capabilities of the input methods for gimmicky mini games, and the more proper games shouldn't be on such a shamefully small scale.

For example, a shooter like Arma, which has no VR equivalent, would benefit massively from VR. Remember those missions in OFP where you had to sneak across the country with Spetsnaz hot on your heels? Imagine that, but in coop with one or two buddies in VR. That would be insane.
Instead, what we have are shooters that mimic CS, which while somewhat cool in that you can do shit that is impossible with KB+M, it's ultimately too limiting and doesn't really play to VR's strengths.

Of course, the biggest problem here is that VR is mostly in the hands of small indie devs atm.

>Beat Saber is a symptom of what's wrong with VR
no it isnt
any popular games are retarded and there is no reason for VR to be different in that regard

>it's ultimately too limiting and doesn't really play to VR's strengths.
pavlov is great when it comes to gimmicky stuff. you can hear enemies talking through the radio because they have to speak out loud, you can accidentally defuse the bomb you've just planted as a terrorist because anyone can press the keypad buttons on a bomb, you can go akimbo, put suppressive fire without leaning out, you can even pull out opponent's mag from his gun if he's using a gun without mag release button. pavlov has its flaws, but i'd say it's doing extremely well as vr vidya

I have nothing against Beat Saber as it is, but it's a sad state of affairs when a game so basic is among the best things VR has to offer at the moment, when the medium is capable of so much more

That's the thing though, Pavlov lets you do all that cool shit that's only possible in VR, but having it stuck in that smallscale 5v5 framework squanders so much of the potential.
If that level of interaction could be translated into something approaching the scale of Arma (tall order as Arma barely runs well as it is, but I blame the awful engine for that), it would be fucking gold.

Beat Saber is a great game. I agree that VR lacks the fully realized virtual worlds in virtual games that it needs to have, but it's not "the" purpose of VR.
A symptom of what's wrong with VR nowadays is a look at the recently released VR games on Steam. Most of it is half baked Unity gimmick trash. But it's the same with normal non-VR games, you just notice it more because there aren't so many games on this platform yet.

>For example, a shooter like Arma, which has no VR equivalent, would benefit massively from VR. Remember those missions in OFP where you had to sneak across the country with Spetsnaz hot on your heels? Imagine that, but in coop with one or two buddies in VR. That would be insane.
This will come. Onward shows that there is a market for mil-sim games. People forget that the VR market we have now is like three or four years old, which is barely out of infancy. The Rift S is is a game-changer in that its inside-out convenience makes it much more viable to many more people.

>This will come. Onward shows that there is a market for mil-sim games. People forget that the VR market we have now is like three or four years old, which is barely out of infancy. The Rift S is is a game-changer in that its inside-out convenience makes it much more viable to many more people.
I actually would argue that Arma's strength isn't really its milsim-ness, but its sheer scale and flexibility of it. Realism somehow happens to mesh well with that to the point where it's attractive to non-milsim players too.
I mean hell, the most memorable moments in that game tend to be when shit goes out of hand, not that it doesn't happen in real life as well. (E.g. Generation Kill, a TV show in which many moments were actually toned down because they wouldn't seem real if they were shown as they happened)

Realistic gameplay translates well into VR too, of course, as realistic gameplay's generally intuitive, but that's besides the point.
The freedom a game like Arma grants you, combined with the immersion and neat interactions that VR can do would be an insane combo that would have an appeal way beyond milsimfags. Perhaps Bohemia's making a new engine for just that reason, here's to hoping they don't fuck up. (they will)

Also Onward is shit at being a milsim.

I feel like we're in the same Arma group. Are we in the same Arma group?
Onward isn't really milsim but it's a proof of concept that reasonably realistic tactical gameplay with real guns has a place in VR. I hope to get something on the scale of Squad, preferably with coop features as well. I think something on the scale of Arma is still years away.

>Of course, the biggest problem here is that VR is mostly in the hands of small indie devs atm.

The reason VR is moving so slowly is the same reason electric cars aren't popular and we aren't on Mars yet. We let our future be decided by dumb masses that seek cheap thrills and low-level escapism and don't care about solving any of the big problems.

All of those big problems require an investment and your average person doesn't see the benefit of investing in something they don't get an immediate return in. This means only enthusiasts buy into VR and thus its improvement is at a snail's pace.

Attached: mit2012-290x374.jpg (290x374, 21K)

>The reason VR is moving so slowly
>snail's pace
I don't entirely disagree, but i wouldn't phrase it this radically. I mean, rift dk2 got out 5 years ago, cv1 is 3yo, and during those three years we've got extremely precise tracking (compared to shitty trackir stuff that was available around before, i'm still in awe whenever i use my rift and realize that those two shitty ir cameras are doing it so well), higher refresh rate displays, people are doing full body tracking at home now, vidya is here and physics/interactions/gameplay evolves pretty fast. You wouldn't even dare to dream about all of this five years ago, and try comparing technology in I Expect You to Die to, let's say, blade and sorcery with this surprisingly intuitive b&s physics. Boneworks is going to make a difference as well, it's first big game that's this commited to provide detail and decent interaction system

I know it could move forward faster, but it's not really all that tragically slow either. Pushing VR forward isn't all that easy when no one really knows where it should be pushed.

At this rate foveated rendering will be done in another 10 years, and that's if all progress isn't wiped out by another recession

Used to be in Broma, years ago. I don't play Arma anymore, partly due to VR

I got VR to get more immersive headpats, I'd say it's serving its purpose well.

>At this rate foveated rendering will be done in another 10 years
I don't know about that. I expect Oculus's next higher end PCVR offering (the "Rift 2") to have eye tracking, and once it's in a consumer product that isn't priced out the ass like the Vive Pro, I don't see why it shouldn't start to trickle into games. If you look at the CV1 Rift and the Vive and compare them to the Index, that's already a pretty fat leap in a three year gap.

Based

Same, dry happy with my purchase

Actually the main reason that electric cars aren't popular yet is that they're more expensive to produce due to the technologies involved being newer and more complex than combustion engine powered cars.

Of course the main bottle-neck is battery technology, which has been at a near standstill for 20 years while companies try to find a more efficient way to store electrical energy than Lithium-Ion batteries. Since batteries are so limited with current technology it has required the invention of a significant number of devices designed to conserve energy and maximize efficiency to allow the cars to achieve acceptable travel distances with the batteries we have, integrating all of these devices and mechanisms into the car makes it much more expensive to produce.

As for Mars, we don't have anyone on Mars yet because there was no real profit in sending anyone to the Moon or Mars and developing that technology was costing governments a fortune. Once America won the dick-measuring contest there was no longer any real reason to pump billions into developing space travel tech any further until now that our technology level has reached a point where there's real money in sending shit to space due to our satellite infrastructure.

Basically, you are massively over-simplifying a complicated issue that has multiple causes, mostly related to practical viability.

it really feels great, doesn't it? it's a shame those feels are completely untranslatable, and normies are always like "lol two old men doing animes". well, at least until they try it on their own

But user, it is revolutionary.

>Ordered the Oculus Rift S
The Ugandan Knuckles cunts aren't still there, right?

Attached: 1559033041934.png (120x120, 9K)

That's true to the overall VR experience, not for getting pretend-headpats because you watched too much anime you fucking weirdo.

We're still here unironically.

Attached: find your way knuckles.webm (700x392, 2.97M)

Nothing bad about rehashing the same thing.
also remember that a lot of game types got simply abandoned over the years so I love to see a return to:
1) arena shooters
Remember them no reload, shit loads of guns?
2)games like contra 3
infinite ammunition 2D run and gun.

I like to see them even if they make them basically modern HD version of the old titles.

You want real innovation? Fuck man innovation is right around the corner even with today's hardware only no one is doing it on PC.

try this keyboard + joystic combo.
Basically a twin stick shooter you control with 1 arm (modern joysticks have thumb-sticks on top) wile the keyboard switches between fuck ton of weapons.

Shit loads of potential however only VR shit got hyped and shilled like crazy meanwhile no one is convinced to buy joysticks despite that they can be already used in modern games.

You realize oculus was a scam to be sold to the biggest rich idiot right? this is why the creators of oculus are rolling in their facebook money while zuck has only hot garbage he is trying to make profitable the same for the DOT COM bubble. Make something you know is worthless hype it up and sell it to a rich idiot who thinks its the future.

Boom modern business explained to you.

You can't fool me user. I've seen that one.

Echo Arena is fucking incredible.

VR is only a failure due to steep entry requirements. You need at minimum a GOOD PC and then a $500 headset AND enough space to use it.

Developers wont put more money into it because the user base is so small.

VR is great it just lacks content. VR is not a gimmick and it will be around for a long time even if it gets off the ground a little slowly.

Attached: 8a4.jpg (316x202, 7K)

It's pretty rare now, and most Knuckles edits at least have some effort or gimmick to them when you do see them. The meme itself died off almost a year back because it mostly consisted of desktop kiddies that were repeating shit they saw on youtube that got bored of the game a month or two later.

That's bullshit, for actual people who are serious prefer VR for flight sims, because you can actually move your head in a 1:1 sensitivity: youtu.be/wae9YzQXJAQ?t=1630

That's around 100k, so no.

>he's never been able to blind fire from behind cover

I remember seeing that vid, he says that's nowhere real enough.

Avatar 3D is fucking incredible.

3D is only a failure due to steep entry requirements. You need at minimum a GOOD PC and then a $150 glasses AND a 3D monitor.

3D is great it just lacks content. 3D is not a gimmick and it will be around for a long time even if it gets off the ground a little slowly.

Attached: creepy pepe.jpg (345x383, 37K)

Damn I wish I could unsee this because it makes me feel dread for the future of VR...

Honestly I see VR as a proper evolution of the concepts presented by 3D TVs and motion controls. It takes both of the concepts much further than they could have been taken without the context of VR.

>VR should be about virtual worlds and shit. The ability to go to places that don't exist and do shit that is impossible or too dangerous IRL, and do so with an unprecedented amount of immersion.
Impossible unless you use treadmill or something like it.
The teleport way of moving is silly in the extreme.
And shows you why all VR games are stand still in X spot simulators.

For fucks sake even Atari games did have more potential for different game types.

Not even compering the cornucopia of PC games strategy games and FPS play totally different from one another.

Attached: in-game04.jpg (800x600, 163K)

The resolution is still not there yet (this will be improved in the future), but controlwise, it's much better than TrackIR (it has lots of acceleration, which is necessary, since otherwise you wouldn't be able to look at your monitor if it were 1:1). The rest of the things he mentioned are limitations of DCS itself, they don't have all the "classified" functions and features that the real planes (which are still in active service) have.

>And shows you why all VR games are stand still in X spot simulators.
Pretty much everything I've played within the last 2 years has normal double thumbstick control, with the option to turn on smooth turning.

Are you stuck in 2016 perhaps user?

>when the medium is capable of so much mo
Tell everyone what the medium is capable off.
Don't be shy we wait.

You DO know those hardware surveys are optional, right? You also need to have the headset connected when you do it for it to register.

VR is a fa-
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-06-03-uk-charts-blood-and-truth-is-the-first-vr-game-to-claim-no-1

>Are you stuck in 2016 perhaps user?
Its always either this or never trying it and going off shitposts.

>growing market
>massive investment from big league companies like Facebook
>already used in universities and all sorts of companies for learning, visualization, proof of concept
>>>>thinking any of this is going to go away any time soon

Nothing big was released in the UK that week it took number one spot there. It's just funny seeing you guys make a big deal about sales in the UK where it could sell 1000 copies and be number one.

t. Live in the UK

Attached: 1544987668954.png (353x210, 111K)

>The teleport way of moving is silly in the extreme.
Yes, which is why every VR controller except the Vive wand has control sticks. Teleportation is basically dead at this point.
The treadmill meme is retarded. It's still abstraction because it doesn't account for the ingame surface. Regular stick movement (with rotation done by the body) feels natural. It's also basically harmless for immersion because it's intuitive and precise.

Are you stuck in 2015 or something?

anecdotal but I did the survey WITH my headset plugged in and it still didnt register.

>is the same reason electric cars aren't
Electric cars are old and obsolete technology. They existed before ICE and got abandoned.
The most hilarious fact is that electric cars run on coal powered electricity and their batteries are a real shit stain that poisons water.

Recycling centers really simply dump toxic battery acid into the river and poison everything.

However this is not a problem because we literally have bigger problems to worry about then non existent crap like global warming or poisoning rivers.

You ca not even begin to imagine how fucked this world is. The earth exploding from pollution and not having any life on it left is the win win utopia scenario here. And we live in a distopia.

>Unmatched degree of immersion
>Unique interactions, many of which are 1:1. Anyone who compares VR motion controls to the Wii and PSmove is a sour grapes poorfag who's never tried it
>Many of these interactions not only feel good, but are actually faster and more precise than with conventional input. For example, I'm decent at FPS, but I'd probably lose to my VR-using clone in a VR vs KB+M match, provided the range is kept within 200m because old Vive panels suck. VR aiming is crazy fast.
>There's lots of shit that you can only do in VR, or at least do it without a billion key bindings. A good example of this is the myriad of shit you can do with grenades that would be either impossible or require an ungainly amount of inputs with conventional controls
>True sense of scale and depth. Not only is this good for immersion, but it actually has practical gameplay benefits too. For example, precision landings in DCS Huey are so much easier it's ridiculous.
>Physical engagement, you're not sitting on your ass the whole time. That's a good thing you fat piece of shit
>You can detect manlets across the internet
It's really hard to list up all the benefits/possibilities because of the way they cascade into each other.

normies don't want to VR game user

you could make the entry price free and they still would rather play call of shooty

you could make call of shooty in VR and they would still game on monitors

normies don't like VR, they like pancake

I don't agree. I think the issue is most normies see some guy prancing about in a room with a black box on his head and think "ew that looks stupid", and judge VR based on that. I seriously doubt that once you drop a normie into Superhot VR he won't get his socks blown off. It's all a matter of the correct exposure, sadly not a lot of people have VR yet and the sheer level to which it elevates the gameplay experience can't be explained in simple words.

store.steampowered.com/app/1065970/VRSpiceWolfVR/

Worth it?

Attached: ss_367c524b19639831d4f6e52d7484135d67bf3315.1920x1080[1].jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

Every normie in VR has been wowed for all of 10 minutes and then proceeds to either lose interest entirely in VR afterwards or maybe they buy a set and it gathers dust now.

Normies can't escape their analog. It's impossible for them.

The other reason why electric cars aren't taking off is that there are enormous national energy supply issues, and it's still fairly questionable whether they're even environmentally beneficial.

Their one direct benefit is that they shift localised pollution out of cities, and that they are another way of buying carbon allowances (a la the paris agreement), as you can import electricity that's relatively dirty.

Whether or not it is more ecological to generate electricity, likely store, transmit, and then utilise in charging cycles of rare earth metal batteries is variable, and depends on quite a few things.

For one, it depends on composition of national energy supply and grid optimisation. If your losses are low, there is little need to store the energy, and your sources are partially or predominantly renewable, fueling electric cars is likely less polluting that running on petrol. However, the countries for which the above is true are few, Scandinavia is one of the only cases where rigorous analysis shows electric cars are ecologically positive. The UK potentially, due to very high grid efficiency (it's not on the pan-Europe grid, which has many issues), yet even for Germany it seems at present unlikely to pollute less to use an electric car - it does pollute elsewhere though. Ofc, in China, India, etc. it pollutes more due to their reliance on dirty and inefficient energy generation.

Lastly, you have the embedded carbon, it is much more polluting to make an electric car than a normal one, and the lifespan is questionable, so it's not necessarily the case that this energy investment events out over a long time span.

Thus, the intuitive position of electric = green isn't unlike the old one of diesel = green + economy.

Lastly, no national or international grids are yet able to cope with the electricity demands associated with even moderate uptake of electrical vehicles. /offtopic

I was a total VR skeptic until I went to a friend's place and he had me play on his CV1 Rift, and now I'm sitting here with hours upon hours in my Rift S. I don't see how it would be different for the majority of the population who are into gaming.

got to be kidding

> see some guy prancing about in a room with a black box on his head and think "ew that looks stupid"
and do you really think that anyone who immediately jumps into that conception based on nothing but looks has any sort of correct idea or expectation for what kind of value VR may add into their lives

no amount of marketing can hammer it into their heads, it would be easier to convert the entire middle east out of religion

electric cars are taking off

Then why do I see shit loads of teleportation FPS? Even today?

Don't knock VR, it has a lot of potential and it's pretty cool when used well. The full body stuff is lame, but everything related to the headsets and hands/arms is awesome and very immersive.

That said, the games aren't yet at the level of a hardcore gamer's taste. Maybe in a few more years.

You don't want to touch the fluffy tail?

In a very limited sense. They are gaining uptake as low-range city vehicles that, statistically, are driven far fewer miles than the average road car in Europe. I believe in the US uptake is higher, due to their relative low cost. In Denmark uptake is also higher as they essentially void tax on electric vehicles.

In most of Europe it's a niche within a bigger niche of hybrid vehicles. It's not taking off like e.g. the Prius.

You can see how it's different by the slow rate of adoption

The "muh money" argument doesn't hold true either. I see people broke as fuck with spinning rims and $300 shoes. If people want something they will happily go into debt to buy it.

No normies are dropping the money on VR. They would rather have a Macbook and use it to browse facebook.

Hmm this wants me to try out this service.
Do things like this often happen their?

It is though, and anyone who can't see that vr will only get better with the valve index release is retarded.
Even if most people don't get hyped over it they don't know what they're missing out on.
VR, as hardware and software get better will take in a life of it's own even if it's a smaller market share.
I believe that between consumers and businesses vr will be very useful in training medical students, law enforcement training, flight simulation, etc.

Saving it for the Index. Its basically a slightly longer anime episode for the price of 1 episode. From what I hear at least.

>>already used in universities and all sorts of companies for learning, visualization, proof of concept
is this another lie? in the same category like VR controlled mars robots?
Why the fuck do you need VR to visualize things? Don't these universities have monitors?

>>he's never been able to blind fire from behind cover
True however in reality how accurate can you be doing this?
So unrealistic gimmick.

If you move in VR you get sick so its never gonna take off ever.

>Why the fuck do you need VR to visualize things?
To see things in proper scale and 3D depth instead of on a flat screen you stupid fuck. Medicine students are studying fucking surgery in VR. It's not spread worldwide yet but there are several places where it's already used.

>>You can detect manlets across the internet
This is relevant to my interests user tell me how can I use VR to detect menlets.

this is dumb and gay but i would honestly like this for other anime as one offs. something like getting to sit in the stands at a tournament in dragon ball would be fucking kino, or one a ship during a fight in one piece

>Unique interactions, many of which are 1:1.
Tell me about 1:1 interactions, what are they.
>There's lots of shit that you can only do in VR, or at least do it without a billion key bindings. A good example of this is the myriad of shit you can do with grenades that would be either impossible or require an ungainly amount of inputs with conventional controls
Tell me about them.
I can imagine some uses for this.

If someone is short IRL, they'll also be short in a game like Onward or Pavlov

>Maybe in a few more years.
Early adopters get fucked every time.

nobody ever said it was accurate and you can look at combat footage of both US soldiers and insurgents blind firing for suppression's sake. I blind fire and pre-fire around corners in pavlov all the time and I always catch one or two players with it at least a few times per game.

Basically this. It's the biggest issue with VR. Even when developers add precautions to curb motion sickness, it's essentially impossible to last longer than a few hours at a time in VR without feeling discomfort.

>Medicine students are studying fucking surgery in VR
WEW lad what 3 world country?
Don't these universities have proper simulation bodies?
you know to work with real hands and feel the resistance not fucke surgeon simulator VR edition crap.

Your dumb nigger brain is a rehash.

Ginger and/or small amounts of alcohol do wonders for this

This.

It's pretty obvious the faggots don't care about games when they claim that the PSVR has nothing.

Attached: 1557710165172.jpg (750x750, 56K)

Different user, but they're used a lot for training. I was at a VR training facility for mining workers a couple of months ago, and it was essentially a very large tent, with a number of fixed-position objects. Those who needed the training, including for e.g. underground heavy vehicle operation, stuck on a vive with what I guess was TPCast and underwent the training there. It's a facility shared by several international mining companies, and apparently has been very successful and active for about 2 years.

There are serious professional use cases. They do many people emergency drill training in it and all sorts.

Furthermore, there is a lot of military training application.

I only get motion sick in VR when something bugs out. I have no issue moving around in any game otherwise. Sucks for the people who are prone to motion sickness but it's not a universal VR-killing issue.
>universities have an infinite supply of simulation bodies to practice surgery on all day every day

>Early adopters get fucked
>been an early adopter for half a decade
>it is not the wait cucks that are getting fuckt

I use VR, its pretty good. However half the people on Yea Forums are console plebs, half of the rest are poor, and half of the rest are cynical shits that only come here to celebrate failure and insult those that don't.
So a small minority is left to actually talk PC vidya, and VR is best on PC.

I played doom VFR where you gotta use teleport to move around and it was the most unfun shit ever.

I sincerely doubt that you can last 3-4 hours in one sitting and not feel some kind of discomfort, if not motion sickness, then joint / neck stiffness.

I do, but technologies are not there yet.

Colour is fucking incredible.

Colour is only a failure due to steep entry requirements. You need at minimum a GOOD TV and then make sure you are watching the correct programming.

Colour is great it just lacks content. Colour is not a gimmick and it will be around for a long time even if it gets off the ground a little slowly.

Attached: 1557819638975.jpg (526x473, 37K)

Anyone tried the new Oculus Quest yet? Seems like VR for normies, but i heard quality vise its pretty good considering its completly standalone

I've played Onward for 5+ hours a few times. I sometimes need to take the headset off and take a minute but it's not real motion sickness, just a moment to breathe from the half a kilogram that's snugly strapped to my head.
There are certain movements that are very disorienting. For example, turning around with the analog stick while turning around in reality as well is a good way to knock yourself out. But once you learn the ways you can fuck yourself up, you just stop doing them, and then there's no issue.

>Tell me about 1:1 interactions, what are they.
Actions that you do ingame by physically doing that thing.
Shooters provide easy examples.
1. Aiming. As was said earlier in the thread, all non-VR methods of aiming have a degree of abstraction. In order to shoot someone with a mouse, you move the mouse until the crosshair is on target, the movement is fundamentally abstract.
In VR you just point your gun at the motherfucker's head. It's so instinctive that I don't even really aim at close range and can get first round headshots anyway.
As I said earlier, VR me would kill KB+M me with ease. And that's saying something considering how powerful KB+M already is.
Also, keeping with guns, you can do shit like blindfire, shoot from the hip, shoot while lifting the gun over your head like an inbred jihadi on opium, etc. And do all that without any additional binds game mechanics or anything. You can aim down sights, use multiple different sights just by shifting your gun/head a bit, there are shitloads of possibilities that open up without making the game more complex to play. You can do all the shit Arma lets you and more, but without all the autistic keybinds

With grenades, you can also do some neat shit. I've gotten plenty of kills from a balcony just by casually dropping a nade off it for example. You can also be surprisingly precise because of depth perception and the huge amount of control you have. Long distance throws take a shitload of skill but you can still be consistent.

That's just a tiny fraction of what you can do in one specific genre

I wasn't that wowed by avatar 3D.

But I was for Pacific Rim. I could even tell what was happening on screen easier in the 3D screening.

aand I forgot to number the rest of my points. fuck me

I was doing some VR troubleshooting and saw a post on some forum that mentioned "when the touch is released" dated 2 years old
Reminded me just how young modern VR actually is
That being said I'm having a lot of fun and have more shit to do in VR than I have time for. lol at anyone who bought a HMD and can't figure out what to do with it because they're only capable of getting spoonfed shitty AAA games

Attached: 1538215460892.jpg (542x800, 148K)

they added full loco a long time ago i think i am pirating it

It's a shitty game compared to the normal one. Don't bother.

I was doing 6 hour stints in Alien Isolation and the only discomfort was from my feet hurting from standing for so long. Stop being a weak ass bitch

The VR games are weaksauce atm regardless if you're enjoying them.

I was agreeing with you until the end where you go full VR retard.
>flight simulation, etc.
Retarded and wrong.
These places have real simulator who copy the plane 100% not you fondling air with your 2 wireless dildos.
youtube.com/watch?v=PED2W6yHcEA
youtube.com/watch?v=L8JUWUKXV08
turns out this is the best solution and putting monitors into the windows places is also the best solution.
>law enforcement training
More retardation. Doing acts like air soft etc is the best solution.
>medical students
Have their own physical simulators.
Literally the only one who will seriously train people in VR are some African street shitter universities.

And people ask why everyone laughs at VR advocates.
If you write retarded shit like this people will laugh

Attached: colours-dildo-purple-5-dildos-strap-on-dildos-1_3.jpg (650x650, 41K)

every single inside-out tracking VR is garbage

people are whinging on reddit and forums about rift-s making it impossible to aim guns in VR fps and plenty of other tracking issues

inb4 inside-out apologists materialize and then shill their shitsets, you are just making things worse for yourself by tricking people into buying your garbage who will later return it and leave scathing reviews.

>VR games are weaksauce
Give me something better than R7, ABot and Omega Collection then. I'd love to hear it.

>With grenades, you can also do some neat shit. I've gotten plenty of kills from a balcony just by casually dropping a nade off it for example. You can also be surprisingly precise because of depth perception and the huge amount of control you have. Long distance throws take a shitload of skill but you can still be consistent.

You need a lot of room and careful observation of chaperone boundaries to throw anything in VR. Grenade tossing is a big contributor to VR-related damage.

It's not garbage but it's certainly inferior (outside the dead simple setup) but that's a worthwhile compromise for some.
The problem is Oculus cultists are happily glazing over its shortcomings and failures, the same ones WMRchads have been warning people about for months.
And then we have people like you who aggressively pretend it doesn't work at all which is patently false. Stop being a fucking cultist.

A good game, a kid's game, and a racer is really not enough.

I just bought this, what am I in for ?

Attached: Steam_2019-06-03_17-59-55.jpg (960x628, 116K)

Here is your typical VR experience, bruh
youtu.be/_TdQkDnOUWw

No you don't, as long as you mark the center of your room with either Turn Signal or a small rug and try to stay on it and have at least an arm's distance of clearance all around it you're completely fine. If you don't have that much you shouldn't be doing roomscale.

Headpats and tailstrokes I imagine

>is really not enough
The fuck are you talking about faggot? Not enough for what? Prove to me that you aren't a casual faggotron and tell me games that are more fun than those.

>1.
Is the benefit of this simplification not that it actually makes it easier to shoot people? Meaning you don't need to holster your weapons etc? Since IRL gun shooting is hard stuff?
>I've gotten plenty of kills from a balcony just by casually dropping a nade off it for
Exactly how? i imagine if these games actually did have a power gauge aka hold down longer to throw further you can throw better. since form what I understand you doped grenades on people, and quick taping a grenade in my system would do the same.

However I see the specific scenarios.

I can aim without a single issue in FPS games with my Rift S. The fags who can't aim properly are the ones who shove the scope far up their face so it looks just like it does in their cawadooty games. Inside-out will always be 'inferior' to sensors all over the room obviously, but it still works great and the convenience of it is a big deal to a lot of people.

>they'll also be short in a game
Can you not adjust the software to stretch the model?

imagine being legitimately angry at vr

>Not enough for what?
To be a strong selection of games.

>Prove to me that you aren't a casual faggotron and tell me games that are more fun than those.
Fun is subjective. I don't see how this would prove anything.

VR is only good for porn.
It will never be worth buying it for anything else.

Attached: VRchat.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

>To be a strong selection of games.
A single good game is a strong "selection" of games, casual.

>Fun is subjective. I don't see how this would prove anything.
Then fuck off casual.

It's interesting, some people really put a lot of time and effort into it

Attached: 1367871180197.jpg (788x761, 351K)

I'm now fascinated by this full motion sex dance chat application.

Bought my Oculus Rift last November, some of the games I've played made most fun I had with games since I was a kid. Robo Recall comes free with it and it basically plays like a light gun arcade like Time Crisis or Lethal Enforcers except it isn't an on rails experience.

Attached: robo-recall-execution[1].jpg (1387x913, 373K)

t. user whose lost all control of his life

youtu.be/VZyhQZSTIGQ

Not him but don't fall for the trick, that is a pre-made motion, playing it overrides the awkward body tracking pucks on your model.

I don't own a vr headset actually.
But objectively the whole point of VR is porn

This, it's seems odd to me how much effort people put into getting on it.
It seems like some people want it to fail, and they want it to fail so badly just so they can be right.

Where can I volunteer to play the role of active shooter in these drills

If you're fine with these games then good for you. For me, I need more than that to become interested. When there are several large studios working on big budget titles that are emulating a level of aesthetics that movies attain (basically, several more RE7's on the way), then I'll be interested.

It's an extension of the TORtanic mentality taken one step further, just like how MHW was wished upon by so called """"veterans"""" to flop when it revolutionizes the series further and sells mad bucks.

The combination of that and the fact Yea Forums is always filled with shitposters that don't actually own the games/ console/ gear they're talking about so the only way they can feel validated is by garnering attention and opinion to their side.

i agree with all of this but VR falls apart when your position in that virtual environment changes. all of that applies perfectly so long as you don't move out of a limited box - or at all- but a keyboard and mouse allows for that. that's the big enchilada

i think the limits of what you can accomplish in a limited 3d space have yet to be pushed. i can't find the video but MC escher esque non-euclidean geometry actually works in VR and allows you to have more space inside an area. monsters inc style doors or portal guns could make movement a lot less disorienting and allow for really novel gameplay opportunities.

We're still at the stage of getting excited that you can point a virtual gun at things. it might get there or it might just turn into corporate swill. we'll see.

No it isn't.
I made that webm from a 3 and a half minute pornhub video.

How are pirating options on VR? I just saved up enough money for a headset, but being an absolute poorfag i don't really wanna spend 30 bucks on a game il play for like 4 hours

you have all the upsides of holding a thing without the downsides of actually holding a weapon in your hand, so you can pretend to be revolver ocelot without worrying that you're going to shoot yourself in the head

This is the problem, people who don't play vr talking about shit they don't understand.
Porn is fine in vr, but it's not better than watching porn on a regular device, it's more like playing sims, you make them do weird things for your enjoyment and curiosity.
Social games like vrchat as the are the most fun.
Shooting and slicing games are also the most fun you'll have.
I haven't had a chance to use my headset in months because I've been out of state so Im not up to date on the latest games.
VR contagion looks cool.

Pretty extensive but not everything is ready for pirating. You won't be lacking in options though, that's for sure.

I think my favorite thing about games like this is that those "press x to perform cinematic finisher" moves that a lot of action games have, you get to actually perform them freestyle instead.
It's so fun to kill enemies with excessive flourishing. Blade & Sorcery makes me feel like a supervillain.

Attached: cinematic.jpg (1680x1050, 216K)

can you stick your dick in anime girls yet?

>MC escher esque non-euclidean geometry actually works in VR
Anyone who hasn't played Tea For God really needs to, it's free.

Kek, I thought that was just me

You can but then it'll just clip through them and you feel nothing but air in real life.

>Social games like vrchat as the are the most fun.
>social
>games
VRchat is not a fucking game, retard. It's about as much a game as Second Life. ie. not in the slightest.

Nothing about this can't be just as easily done without the dumb headsets for a fraction of the cost.

Legitimately this, i feel a loss of potential kind of sense when i see people showing off their VR sets and not doing anything with it other than stock VR games available.
VR chat alone is hundreds of hours in if you can take the time to learn a tiny bit of editing bones, vector etc of an avatar
Once you get used to it marathoning Yea Forums Yea Forums backlog is pretty fun in VR
Some obscure games with modding potential is a goldmine, even some not intended for VR having a mod to assist is a lot of hours potentially invested in VR experience.

protip: lurk /vrg/ and Yea Forums's not so called vr daily thread and skim them for tiny but useful bits of information to enhance the way you use your VR

Attached: 1544482532830.jpg (1024x543, 74K)

Probably a good thread to ask, is the oculus go a good buy? Can I connect it to my pc or is it just to watch porn videos in vr

yea but i want to see the assets in VR and look at the guns

It does have some games in it but for the most part I agree with this.
They really need to add interaction with other player models so you can have health bar functions and make boxing games and stuff.

Why not just use an actual building for simulation?

You don't know shit.
Vrchat has mini games in it.
Also it's interactive digital media, so it's video games.

There's a lot of minigames available, like the wild west shooting deathmatch, 3D room-wide puck pass, etc

It's SUCH a shame VRchat isn't a hub to play other VR games, if it can run low-memory mode in the background like the desktop widgets inside VRchat itself, it can potentially be filled with even more soul to actually play VR games on.

Thanks for the warning.
We all need to watch out for VR fanboy trickery.

VRchat is fucking awful for minigames, it's literally nothing but oddjob faggotry.

You'd be better off buying a CV1 second hand.

>Some obscure games with modding potential is a goldmine
Not even just obscure games: Doom and Minecraft have a shitload of mods, ones that even change the genre of the game entirely.

If you use an actual building it's the same scenario every time.
Also if you use real places in public you have to close them and down time costs money.
With this they can practice with places they'd never imagine and be confronted with new, essentially mazes, to traverse.
Also the guy in the video mentions statistics gathering.

>This is the problem,
Yea if only other people who we know did own VR so I can try it at their place.

However no one I know owns VR.

>shit they don't understand.
Maybe maybe.
However we can 100% know that no one will use VR to control robots on mars.
This is a simple fact of physicks.

and from this we know that its a fact that VR fanboys will make up the most retarded shit possible to shill their VR.

This is the bed you did shit in VR fanboys! The radioactive shit you made in your own bed.
Now live with it.

I'm not throwing money to try something I know is overrated and lies about from the mars facts.

I don't know what you're smoking but known breakdancers, yoga practitioners and pole dancers uses full body tracking and swears by them.

Just don't get anything else other than Vive trackers since they're the only super accurate ones with the market. more pucks= accuracy provided you can set your room to maximize puck visibility at all times AND making sure each puck is properly attached during big motions.
>no sudden motions
>don't fuck up calibration
>pay up some dough for the setup
and you got the recipe for webms like those. Richfags only

Attached: 659CD3FC127F407C8BE12BDA018801AB.jpg (480x480, 29K)

what does the PSVR have? i only know of No Heroes Allowed VR and that is a pretty basic RTS/base management sim with wagglan controls and a little girl you can't even look at from all sides because the PSVR usage radius is small

>Porn is fine in vr, but it's not better than watching porn on a regular device
how basic bitch r u

>>If you use an actual building it's the same scenario every time.
It's not difficult to build rooms out of moving walls.

Where do you live? There's a lot of demo-VR facilitated in the west of the world right now, and most of the well reputable chain electronic stores can offer demos outside the official channels.
locator.vive.com is one way

by the way i now see how gaslighting people on Yea Forums can actually generate discussion, thanks for the thread user

It still takes time to move those walls.
Once you have the gear on you can go through New scenarios instantly.
I can't imagine how much time it would have taken had they gone through the same amount of scenarios with physical courses.

>VRchat is not a fucking game
Not him.
Depending how you want to define a game VRchat is a game.

Its basically calvinball or one of these old CS servers where people don't shoot one another and serf or do other things.
>as much a game as Second Life
True and depending on your definition of a game it is a game.
Let me ask you this is minrecraft a game? Are minecraft servers a game?
Are the sims a game?
Is garry's mod a game?
Same for VRchat and Second Life.

Clickbait is sadly the only way to keep threads alive in 2019
However one might ask if it's even worth it if it leads to the exact some conversations over and over again
Everyone in this thread needs to do better

Attached: 1438462636211.jpg (1280x1261, 152K)

>doom
Holy shit, is there anything else besides lolthesda and minecraft being absolute worth it to mod and dick around in VR? Is Skyrim VR edition a must or is there a mod to get around it without paying todd for the hundredth time?

>Also it's interactive digital media, so it's video games.
Video games aren't just "interactive digital media" you uncultured fool.

Japanese-released VR titles is, to no one's surprise, hugely catered towards waifufaggotry in its own nation and out.
While it doesn't incentivize the general people to buy VR it does for said group of people and that's why these games keep coming out, because a silent minor/majority group of people keep buying them.

Also, does anyone know if SEISMIC games can be played with VR? full handmade 3D seems like a great way to blow a load off desu

SkyrimVR has near parity with SE now, plus some absolutely fantastic VR-specific mods. I don't bother pirating anymore because being a buyfag oddly keeps me from getting burnt out but it's worth picking up regardless of how you go about doing it. Just keep in mind that a couple modders have a stick up their ass about piracy and have crippled their mod accordingly.
Serious Sam has quite a few mods available including recreations of Duke Nukem 3D, haven't messed with it much.

>is minrecraft a game?
Creative mode isn't. Only the survival modes are.

>Are the sims a game?
Yes.

>Is garry's mod a game?
No. Stand-alones created (and separate) from Garry's Mod can be games, though.

>most hotly anticipated VR title this year comes out
you know valve announced something for this year, right?

VRchat is awful, and wanting to watch videos on a tiny virtual screen is the mark of a braindamaged simpleton.

Since this is VR general now.
How accurate is the show VR troopers to what is going on in VR chat and VR?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ofuk17AaZqU
youtube.com/watch?v=UYJKxQX1ZSc
>Forces of darkness empower me take me back to my virtual reality
How close is this to VRchat?
Because this fits Yea Forums.

Attached: VR.png (1273x897, 604K)

>Only criteria for game quality is how much of a time sink it is.

Sounds miserable.

>tiny virtual screen
I watch videos on a giant virtual screen with my friends who are all cute anime girls that I all secretly resent to some degree never go to /vrg/

>$22.49 for 20 minutes should be encouraged
You're outta your goddamn mind

Except Japanese VR stuff is non-existent. It's crazy how against the concept the country is, but it makes sense given their tiny rooms. Everything from Japan feels like a smartphone experience at best.

Like I said, most hotly anticipated title. Anyone who thinks Valve is releasing anything other than Artifact 2 is fucking retarded.

>artifact 2: VR
I doubt it. Might be some Portal offshoot though, which would suck.

Remember make your own fatality?
youtube.com/watch?v=kC__6EcjXmg
Devs love to be lazy and give you this.

When your game is just a cutscene, you might as well make that cutscene long.

It's a "giant" screen with a real world resolution that's sub 720p, with god rays and SDE out the ass. You could not fucking pay me to watch anything in current gen VR, maybe in 10 years I'll watch a 3D movie in it.

Anyone who thinks a 20 minute weeb game was more hotly anticipated anywhere other than Yea Forums than a full AAA VR release is fucking retarded.

Whatever it is, what people don't realise is that Valve are totally against real movement options. So it'll be teleporting garbage.

Number one on the list is F-stop, which looks like it'll get old pretty fast, and is well suited given it's just a shitty puzzler. Slap on some meme dialogue out of the Portal handbook and they've got an easy release, and it'll do well with the invalid crowd who enjoyed Portal 2.

>deracine
>that one waifufag blonde gaijin in a summer vacation type of VR deal
>spice n wolf VR
>F/GO mashu waifufag VR
There's way more, AND untranslated! how nice it must be for not being the target audience, but there is VR games to japan's name although it's weebstuffs

thats not stormland..

It's a joke, you faggot. VR has no fucking games, so a release like this can easily make it to the top 3.

I think the only games that anyone cares about this year are Boneworks and whatever turd Valve shits out after 3 years of development and 2 cancelled projects.

Or, you know, just enjoy it instead of looking at your damn watch all the time.

>actually defending a 20 minute moviegame
Jesus christ

>and you feel nothing but air in real life
At least until these games work with dick accessories like a vstroker.

That's all you can say.

Attached: 1021881819770.jpg (600x450, 41K)

>Except Japanese VR stuff is non-existent
They exist, however most of them are exclusive to their own VR devices or can only be played in VR Arcades
youtube.com/watch?v=aWpL5pNWkzU

>You can but then it'll just clip through them and you feel nothing but air in real life.
Meanwhile this alows you to feel it.
You understand why people don't like VR do you now?

Attached: VR BTFO.png (279x418, 124K)

No really. Your only argument is 'games must use up my time'. Cookie Clicker must be your GOTY if that's true.

yep, as beta as it feels and for how much improvement is needed it's still the most fun ive had with vidya over the past couple years, only subset of video games that feels like it is actually trying to do something different and new after years of stale horseshit from AAA's
multiplayer community is mostly richfag boomers too so its always laid back and a good laugh, refreshing change from the piss-filled ethnic kiddie pool mainstream games have become

This, plus Mario Kart VR, plus Bandai has been putting out a bunch of VR arcade shit in Japan only. Not to mention

>RE7
>Astro Bot
>Ace Combat 7
>ZOE2
>Last Labyrinth

are all Japan made. It's practically the opposite and Japan is the only country taking VR seriously right now.

I jkust watched
Jesus Christ!
is the PD so retarded they don't let cops train in real reality with prop guns. What are they doing standing next to the wall and screaming while getting in?
Why the need for VR?
And the clipping hands and floating pistols really take the cake.

Hi, Valve insider here. We've got Ricochet VR lined up for later this year and Firewatch VR possibly releasing in 2020. We're not giving Artifact any VR support because that would actually make it possibly worth playing and we want to give Oculus the chance to pre-empt us on VR card games. Hell maybe they'll team up with Blizzard on that so we can cede the genre entirely.

>Hi, Valve insider here. We've got Ricochet VR
Fuck you. Where's Ricochet 2?

VR card games are a gimmick that will never take off, didn't Sony try it back on the fucking PS3? VR is not suited to picking up lots of flat objects.

Ricochet VR would probably be the best thing Valve could announce, but it'll never happen. Anyone who thinks something like a VR patch for CS:GO or even TF2 will ever drop is out of their fucking mind, it'll never happen.

holy shit you retard. literally all of them. you don't understand anything.

Attached: Nip VR.webm (960x540, 2.64M)

Every day we stray further from god.
End us all now.

>didn't Sony try it back on the fucking PS3?
Holy shit they did. Eye of Judgement it was called. youtu.be/YiYvqmzKd-s?t=39

I don't think you, me or anyone can really claim what VR is or isn't capable of. There's a lot of innovation to be done and most of the actual VR is experimental and unpolished.
Brainlets with dysfunctional imaginations should just be silent.

>he will never watch Black Panther with anime girls and go ooga booga like cavemen
whenever a black person was on the screen

>he will never be CUHRAZEE and be dante in VR
streamable.com/ossln

>he will never be modded into the cockpit of a tie fighter
streamable.com/8g453

>he will never be the ultimate pugilist
streamable.com/bu10x

>he will never be his soul calibur waifu
streamable.com/d2zue

>he will never be a samurai
streamable.com/oefeh

>he will never enjoy on site procurement action and win the office game for his team
streamable.com/n57yj

>he will never blow away scrubs with a shotgun like doomguy
streamable.com/gyvjo

>he will never save his teammate with only a m1911 pistol
streamable.com/m9v5q

>he will never sit on santas lap and be abused
streamable.com/kg6qs

>he will never watch someone snore in vr
streamable.com/88nny

Attached: VRChat_1920x1080_2018-05-09_01-17-11.466.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

Coming April 12th.

Video games at their conception were images that you could manipulate through I/O.
They were simple, but they were video games.
You're telling me that something as intricate as vrchat isn't a video game?
Just because there is no clear objective in vrchat that doesn't mean it's not a video game.
That just means it's a sand box video game.

So does anyone here have any experience with the Quest yet? I was hoping it'd be a fun first step into VR, which would be more mobile than the HTC vive would.

>You're telling me that something as intricate as vrchat isn't a video game?
Correct. It's a plain old chat software, not a video game. Real estate virtual tours aren't video games either by the way, but you seem to be suggesting otherwise.

>Eyetoy is VR
Seriously hope you guys are just low-quality shitposting because the alternative is frightening

Attached: 1257618741175.jpg (858x539, 65K)

this post is why i can never take antiVR fags seriously anymore, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about and you look like a massive retard
VR is not $800 anymore unless you want the absolute best of the best
EVERY VR game, even fucking sim games, use headset motion, and like 99% of them use the hand motion too

>Spice
20 minutes of content for £18, fuck that
Surprised its not on nyaa yet

But what if they're fun?

"Fun" isn't in the definition of a game.

because VR manufacturers want money and are shilling their crap to government and getting money for it.
Well played corporations well played now the fat donut eaters are even less competent in a actual situations and their department throws money on this crap.

Attached: Kanojo Bongo.webm (700x392, 2.78M)

Video games don't have to be fun, fun is a meme
Now where the fuck are my force feedback vests that electrocute me

Attached: 1257218287863.jpg (425x450, 65K)

I bet I know which platform you game on.

youtube.com/watch?v=3MlNWYyVdh0

...how expensive do you think live exercises are? Are you retarded? Stop pretending to give a shit about adult matters like government waste you stupid third worlder.

fuck this god forsaken hellhole of a board what the fuck

That's not enough to make them video games you brainlet.

Hello newcomer, enjoy your stay and stop phoneposting

Interesting how do you define a game?
This is more a philosophical question because all of these things are under the category "interactive simulation" only where do the games start and the rest of interactive simulations end?
>>Are the sims a game?
>Yes.
This is a philosophically interesting choice.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution.
That's why I opt for rope instead of lead pellets.

>it's another "seething third worlder tells me I'm not having fun" episode

Attached: 1487170403310.jpg (640x640, 60K)

I think you're just retarded.
If it's not a video game what is it?
A video?
Why even call video games, video games?
Are video games even videos anymore?
Why not call them digital games?

>SEISMIC games
Is that the wolf girl game? What engine is it? VorpX might be able to hook it and if it's Unity engine, the VRGIN framework might be an option

Well, for sims, the same comment for Minecraft applies. The creative / builder modes in those aren't the "game" part. They are part of the product, but you are not game-playing while in those modes.

This is a philosophical discussion and I suggest reading pic related to get a better idea.

Attached: 51MLTJrDgpL._SX343_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (345x499, 24K)

>If it's not a video game what is it?
An editor software or design / drafting application.

>Why even call video games, video games?
That is indeed the question to ask if you're going to lump in non-games with the term.

>Anyone who thinks Valve is releasing anything other than Artifact 2 is fucking retarded.
Oh god I can't wait for the seethe, Yea Forums is going to burn, I'm-I'm gonna cum

Attached: jizz.jpg (977x768, 78K)

>VR is not $800 anymore
It was clearly a exaggeration to make a joke about paying money to get a inferior visual quality.

>If it's not a video game what is it?
an computer application.
Like web browser or chat program or photoshop.

>vr bad because people don't talk about it
The absolute state of Yea Forums

Attached: 1551741286647.jpg (720x540, 174K)

lmao there is not a single VR fps where blindfiring is not useful
It's how you counter being rushed while in cover

Any lightweight VR headset? The oculus go and the mobile one feel like they are sucking blood out of my head.

>This is a philosophical discussion
I know.
The real question is can interactive simulations without win conditions be considered games?
>I suggest reading pic related to get a better idea.
can I get the PDF from you?

What if I use Halo to make YouTube videos or Photoshop to play chess with each chess piece a layer to be moved?

WoW has been getting tons of twitch views lately
might pick it up

uploadvr.com/blood-and-truth-uk-retail/

Attached: 1549647884566.jpg (800x450, 27K)

>The real question is can interactive simulations without win conditions be considered games?
Short answer: not necessarily. A state of play and a game have a number of common prerequisites that such a simulation might not fulfill. This gets more complicated when there are mini games involved, but ultimately I think that is solved by simply considering the mini games to be games and the product outside of it simply an application, like an OS. Otherwise, we'd be calling Windows a video game because we can run video games on it.

>can I get the PDF from you?
I just have a physical copy. You can probably find something on Google fast enough.

The only thing I'm looking forward to are updates to B&S and VAM
Whatever Valve comes up with is just a bonus

Attached: 1465372021440.jpg (900x1100, 391K)

Welcome to philosophy its great!
>What if I
I stop you right there!
I actually planned on making my own card game like talisman only printing the cards is expensive and if you know how talisman works the cards are public knowledge so to save money one gigantic GIMP project will be created and cards will be inserted into the GIMP project and moved around in it to simulate a truly fantastical play space (bigger then a house).

Rapes the ram.
However the cheapest solution and it simply works.

Attached: 51WxAkLV2-2BL.jpg (500x311, 133K)

Cool stuffs. About to get a VR late this year, any advice senpaitachi besides lurking /vrg/?

Attached: 1474857816868.jpg (286x509, 12K)

In the first scenario, you're no longer playing a game. In The second scenario, you're playing a game of your own making, as stupid as it is.

>Short answer
I have a far more restrictive view of what a game is so anything that has no timer or win conditions in the style of multiplayer games like CS or DOTA or arena shooters is not a game excluding most single player "games" is they don't fullfile the criteria.

Dudes...what if real life was the video game all along?
whoaaaaaa

Attached: 1415100355670.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

How's Blade and Sorcery? What else can you actually do besides decapitating each limbs off every NPC that exists?

The game is pretty much a wave based slaughter simulator, there's nothing more to it. It's great for an one hour romp every once in a while but right now it's more like a fancy demo.

yes, you can also kill bandits using heads of their friends

Attached: 1559334059797.webm (938x512, 2.85M)

It's fun
>What else can you actually do besides decapitating each limbs off every NPC that exists?
Wrassle, climb stuff. Hit people with Jetstream Sam's katana.
Next update is going to be largely oriented towards enhancing modding capabilities, looking forward to that.

Don't be daft, I didn't invent chess.

Attached: IMG_20180720_142538.jpg (2592x1944, 811K)

Is this Oblivion?

I love how B&S is already freaking people out even though the gore is so unrealistic
Imagine if it had disembowlment, flappy jaws on corpses, blood that didn't look like Ragu, wounds that don't look like slices of cake
There's a mod to pop peoples' eyeballs out and smash in their noses but it's broken atm

i think so, bugs are definitely around

Attached: ggg.webm (600x328, 2.84M)

Attached: ppp.webm (850x464, 2.8M)

I can't wait for games to start use learning AI to calculate their movements

Attached: 1224627771016.gif (352x288, 354K)

you are tempting me.
Why is there no postal VR?
Remember postal 2?

Attached: 8.jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

That looks too problematic to ever have a sequel and I think you should lose your job just for mentioning it

>Why is there no postal VR?
because Postal 2 runs on Unreal Engine 2 and Running with Scissors have no budget to make a new VR version.
They couldn't even afford to make a PS4 port of Postal Redux.

It's a alright time killer until Asgards wrath comes out

Attached: AW.webm (940x528, 2.99M)

>problematic
What do you even mean by this?
> you should lose your job just for mentioning it
why?

yep, you would love this game

i haven't checked around too much, but seems like b&s is highly moddable. i saw firearms, i imagine someone will make suitable mods at some point

Attached: jk2.webm (738x403, 2.97M)

>all canned animations
yawn

Thanks for posting that, now I know I'm not missing out on anything

Attached: 1304969396454.jpg (312x312, 30K)

why not a game like it.
Make it more GTA psycho simulator and the main missions not shit and give 99% of the world map.

Agreed, valve working with HTC gimped them but having their own vr headset incentivizes them to push for games and support. Not saying vr is going to be successful but having companies like valve and Sony behind it helps a lot.

Maybe they'll use some combination of animation and AI so they look natural but can react to shoves and weird terrain. It will be spotty at first but we're long overdue for something better than the 'bounding box' stuff we used for decades.

Trespasser tried it once and while it didn't work well, the ideas sounded pretty neat. All physics with teeth and bullet models being the thing that causes damage.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 18K)

Gta 5 in vr is pretty crazy, I'd love an actual game built around vr that was a similar.

>but seems like b&s is highly moddable
It is though it seems everyone is more interested in porting mass quantities of weapons and capeshit references right now
The important thing is someone got tit jiggle working, now we need corresponding grab points

I can see this.
Only i love me some suburban local more.
if only the devs of postal 2 where not 100% out of tutche to why people play their game and did not make the main missions unbearable crap.

No problem

Attached: God of war ripoff.webm (1040x586, 2.28M)

Tresspasser was truly ahead of its time though it certainly carved itself a niche in history by being so jank. We have the technology now.

Hopefully Blood Trail turns out to be the modern version of B&S though given the speed of development it'll be a year at least before it starts being worth it

i like this gif

I have a soft spot for retarded AI
youtube.com/watch?v=gn4nRCC9TwQ

Attached: 1224627771017.gif (380x214, 1.76M)

Did you ever play postal 2?
youtube.com/watch?v=nsTfvYMSrcY
> Literally every home can be entered
> Full of people and items often with their own story
> Small town location.
> NPCs have real life walking and movement and occupation s in their locations.
>NPCs have their own personality and actual emotions; some will run away others will fight.
>If you damage or scare a NPC enough he will try to beg or run away even if he was hostile.
>Police will chase you like in GTA
>You can exterminate the police in a location so no infinite spawning police
>If you exterminate a squad of 3 police the last one can start to beg or simply run away
>NPCs react to corpses or violence
>If a hostile faction attacks you in front of police the police will start protecting you
>you can create traps
>You can realistically burn bodies
>Tazers!
>Cutting down peoples heads!
>Kicking decapitated heads!
>Police will actually notice what you have in your hands, walk with gun and police will harass you or try to arrest you, walk with shovel (weapon) or gas can (weapon) and its Ok
>So will other people
>Some are /g/ and open fire on you
>Others escape
>Burning stuff mechanic
>you can walk to a person and gause them in petrol and then throw a match at them to watch them burn and scream and run in panic
>fire arguable the best weapon
> Molotov coattails!
>You can deposit a Molotov like some candle that will explode after some time burning everyone around.
Dam I loved this game.

Attached: Molotov1080.png (1009x1001, 1.29M)

I can see why you might be disappointed because it's not "true" virtual reality like in fictional scenarios. It'll probably get there at some point though as long as the tech keeps progressing. Thinking of playing my old favorites in VR is the only thing that really makes me look forward to something with gaming now. I think current hardware is mostly maxed out on what it can do.

another fun thing to do in b&s is avoiding attacks, it feels surprisingly good physics-wise. shame that most bots can barely attack you even without you trying to lean back

Attached: 124.webm (920x502, 2.91M)

What kind of hype are we talking about?

Made part 5 just now for this thread.

Attached: Shinobu5VR.webm (960x540, 1.96M)

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

Attached: 45633468463478.png (1236x1236, 634K)

Another cope thread from autists who don't play VR.

Best VR Games
>From Other Suns (FTL in VR)
>Skyrim VR
>Beat Saber (with mods to replace the gay techno music)
>Job Simulator
>Vox Machina
>Robo Recall
>VR Chat (Yea Forums in VR)
>Superhot VR
>Payday 2 VR