Kushala Daora is unironically someones OC at Capcom. He is the shittiest monster EVER. Shitty to fight. Shitty design...

Kushala Daora is unironically someones OC at Capcom. He is the shittiest monster EVER. Shitty to fight. Shitty design. Shitty gimmick. Yet he gets into every single fucking game. Every Monster Hunter is blemished by this fucking OC being in it for literally no reason other than, "bro, he's someone at Capcom's OC, he has to be in!!!"

I can literally imagine the fucking retard at Capcom who thinks this is cool. Some Ken Penders autistic Japanese mother fucker who CONSTANTLY insists on Kushala being in every single Monster Hunter for some ungodly reason and they just can't say no because he's the CEOs son or something.

Attached: mhw-kushala_daora_render_001[1].png (778x670, 571K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V-cRxbs_g3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

btw Monster Hunter thread

Attached: file.jpg (600x600, 42K)

Every monster is someone's OC at capcom retard they made the game.

>This nigger got into MHW over alatreon
im still seething

Let's just get this out of the way.
>Constant fucking wind around him, so if you get close, you get wind pressured (fuck you dual blades or SNS players)
>Constantly blows out tornados which can wind pressure knock you back into OTHER TORNADOS and kill you INSTANTLY
>Even if you roll past his attack you get wind pressured AGAIN LOL
>Constantly in the fucking air (fuck you literally everyone but ranged players)
"b-but just fwash him!!"
>Flash bombs are inconsistant as fuck and seem to have a random chance of working in old Monster Hunter while in World, tempered+arch tempered versions can only be flashed 3 times
>Random ass attack that inflicts dragon blight for no god damn reason (?)
>BOUNCE OFF HIS WINGS, RETARD
>Only "positive" is that he "flinches easily" but this goes completely out the window if you're playing solo in classic Monster Hunter and goes completely out the window if you're playing multiplayer in World (World is so shit)
There's like a million other things I could list off. He's just a shit monster. There isn't a worse one and even if there is, they only showed up in one game before Capcom realized, "Yeah, nah, they're shit, we're not bringing them back," while in EVERY SINGLE FUCKING MONSTER HUNTER they feel the need to bring this fucking retarded Monster back because "bro he's classic" or, "the CEOs son is gonna throw a shit fit if he isn't in"

This.

I like the fight in that it's one of the few in the game you have to build specifically for. I used to hate it but it made me actually create a set specifically for him and that was something that had been missing for most of the game.

The whole game should be like that forcing players to learn everything. “maining” weapon classes is fucking gay as shit.

Like imagine if in every single fucking Monster Hunter they brought back Jhen Mohran or Caedus or one of those really fucking boring scripted fights that take fucking forever and require no skill and every single time someone was like, "Bro, it's classic"

No, it's not fucking classic. Kushala just shouldn't come back EVER.
Same. Alatreon is literally the exact some fucking thing, a generic ass fucking dragon, but at least:
>Gimmick isn't fucking annoying
>Cool lore
>Unique Arena in which you fight him
>Bigger than Kushala

OH SHIT, FORGOT ABOUT THAT

Literally no way to get around his wind in World besides:
>1. Making his set and getting the set bonus... LOLWAT
>2. Using the Rocksteady Mantle... which only lasts 90 seconds and if you end up standing in a tornado you die instantly
>3. Using a really shitty sup-optimal hunting horn that does no fucking damage
The Windproof skill literally has FIVE GOD DAMN LEVELS and requires FIVE LEVEL 3 SLOTS and EVEN WITH ALL FUCKING FIVE LEVELS some fucking faggot at Capcom decided that since Kushala Daora was his precious baby OC he needed "the strongest wind EVAR" that can "only be negated by his own set! LMAO"

Every single game he's in is a game that isn't perfect.

>Kushala in FU
>Simple to fight
>Wind press was manageable even without the skills to negate it
>Visible dust clouds help you estimate the ranges of where the wind press is
>Multiple methods to disable wind press. Poison, Thunder or Dragon to break the horn (which broke pretty quickly), or just staggering his head
>Would fly, but wouldn't always stay up there

>Kushala in World
>Poison does thing, head doesn't like to break, have to rely on Dragonblight to negate the wind for all of 2 seconds before he starts it again
>Constantly generates tornadoes because fuck you
>Flies constantly

Poor guy just gets made worse every game he's in.
And ironically Frontier has his best fight because they realized making him fly all the fucking time is absolutely terrible and they just have him fly for specific moves briefly.

Attached: Kushala_Daora_by_YellowAppleseed.jpg (1000x800, 54K)

Is blade master even possible against this faggot in world
Whar a god awful monster

Just headlock him like always

>Flinching a Monster or breaking any parts ever
>Playing Multiplayer
Pick one. Monster Hunter World is so shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=V-cRxbs_g3M
???
Are you trying to tell me you can't flinch a monster? I think the problem is with you and not world if that's the case

>bitching about Daora
lol

Attached: 1530712204186.jpg (225x225, 12K)

I've been able to flinch and break parts of even AT Nerg with at least half decent teams.

>Literally say in my post that it's impossible to break parts in Multiplayer world
>Posts a video of solo World
You're a fucking retard, man.
The flinch/break values are still scaled WAY TOO HIGH in Multiplayer. It's not balanced at all.

>lmao just overgear!

what's so hard about plesioth again?

>only monster in the game that actually fights smartly instead of unga bunga 1v1 me hunter
>WAHH THIS IS BULLSHIT LET ME SPAM MY HAMMER ON ITS HEAD WAHHH

I don't have a problem breaking parts or flinching or breaking parts in multiple player either, I dunno what to tell you
>just come unprepared lmao what's the worst that could happen?

poison him you dunce
daora's air aura vanishes when he's poisoned

Not anymore it doesn't

retards still can't deal with hipcheck

nothing, it's been filtering shitters for 15 years

Try fighting it in a good game (ie. not World)

it's really easy to kill daora in MHGU with a hunting horn

IT'S A GIANT METAL SPIDER
IT FUCKING SHEDS ITS SKIN
WHEN ITS REALLY OLD IT TURNS INTO A GIANT STATUE AND DIES

His biggest claim to fame is the hipcheck. Kush is annoying all around. Not particularly hard, just annoying.

>Surprisingly tall, hammers, charge blades, and HHs can rarely hits the head, Lance maybe, weapons with short range forced to hit legs
>Starts off in the water, if you dont have a frog it takes forever to jump out
>Tail spin
>Hip check has a horrible hitbox like every other Hip check, punishes you if you are even remotely close to it
>Fucking sleep inducing bite, why does it even have that
different complaints unrelated to difficulty
>armor is shit skill wise and looks like shit
>weapons are completely useless
Plesioth is just a shit monster.

Deviant hyper apex arch tempered 140 plesioth when?

>hops in water
>swims around
>swims around
>water gun
>swims around
>wriggles onto land
>tail spin
>walks in place
>hip checks
>hops in water
>swims around
>water gun
>swims around
>swims around
>swims around

I found Kush to be way easier this time around compared to FU.

Just use a flash bomb cat :)

Is it not still neutered by poison?

>>Wind press was manageable even without the skills to negate it
>>Visible dust clouds help you estimate the ranges of where the wind press is
>>Multiple methods to disable wind press. Poison, Thunder or Dragon to break the horn (which broke pretty quickly), or just staggering his head
>>Would fly, but wouldn't always stay up there
Sounds like casualized garbage

Flying in general is a mistake. Every single piece of shit that refuses to fucking land without being forced is a bad design. I don't remember Azurlos ever being a piece of shit back in FU, aside from rath world tour, but it literally never fucking lands ever if not flashed in world. Why? What's the point? Just have it fly for specific attacks then get the fuck back down. None of that "lol only the longest reach weapons can reach the tip of my tail and feet when I hover" shit.

>reusing the Ice Elder Dragon as the new flagship Ice Elder Dragon
I feel a little miffed.

Attached: 1539133612901.png (1400x1500, 625K)

The difference is that Kushala's difficulty in older games came from itself and its attacks, while in World it's based on shit like impossible to see wind pressure, roar to hit, etc.

wind res was pretty cheap skill in other games, sounds like World's new skill system made a hash of wind res

japanese just have shit taste.
they voted lao shan into their top 10.

Attached: 1556562799025.png (220x220, 40K)

Nah, hes not in world. Not noticeably at least. You need to use elderseal weapons, which as anons have said, only offer a short downtime on the aura. That being said
>hit him in the face you retards.
>if hes in the air hit his fucking feet, he flinches and falls after 4-5 toe tickles. Any weapon can do this. Maybe not db. Eat shit db.
>wind+5 negates all other wind except the aura and eye of his tornados. Stop running headfirst into his attacks.
>horn only breaks at

>Easiest elder
Not even close. Nerd is an absolute joke, you can literally flinch it forever. It's only a challenge if you're running it with other people, because world penalizes you for playing melee in multiplayer. The only challenging elders are Luna and Teo, but they're still less frustrating to fight than Kush at tempered. Kush is an absolute joke without flashbang limit, and a complete pain in the ass otherwise. The epitome of bad design. I'd rather fight a Nerg that never flinches or staggers than current Kush.

>the easiest elder by far.
Toaster and Val don't stun you whenever you try to hit them or constantly sit inside constant tornados for half the fight.

yeah kushala has so little health you can easily kill him with 3 flashbangs

Make him scream at least 50% less
Poison fucks his wind again
Windproof is 3 levels of level 2 deco

Fixed

Use poison, fuck up his horn, then kill him. It's like you've never hunted one.

Daora was always pretty much though especially in the old ones. World Archtempered is fun but a bit too easy.
>scream
>dodge then attack the head
>move slightly behind front legs to hit head and then shoot again as it turns towards you
>does wind blasts and opens itself up for huge combos
>in the air? Shoot in the tail or climb something and hit it
like you don't even need mantles for the archtempered version. Like a 7min run with mantles and about 10without.

>Everyone keep bitch about this guy
>mfw Lance
>mfw just rekt everything
I like him, maybe you guys just bad

Attached: 1557974167040.png (640x675, 165K)

Make way for the superior wind elder dragon

Attached: amatsumagatsuchi_by_mohammadyazid_d5wdoqh-pre.jpg (894x894, 100K)

He's the easiest monster in the game, you can just stunlock him with flash bugs and a greatsword

A fart in a box would be a superior windy elder. But Amatsu is great either way.

I miss his 3U fights, at least I could follow this fuck whenever he went for a swim.

Post the list.

world is trash, bring back REAL mh

Attached: 1430282834800.jpg (2500x3000, 268K)

yeah I loved frontier

Yeah, I loved it too before it went apeshit. Too bad MH zoomers don't remember that part. And now the tragic irony is that mainline is headed the same direction.

Attached: 1532627207155.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

>And now the tragic irony is that mainline is headed the same direction.
Not really, and one cherry picked webm enough to claim that

He is the only monster I refused to try the AT version in world.
He is fucking aids with wings

The worst part is the new Iceborne flagship is literally kushala but with ice now. What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 1529304875794.png (440x440, 198K)

Skipped third gen completely, though.

>And ironically Frontier has his best fight

Frontier Kush has fucking liberal application of defense down when it's HC. Shit is obnoxious, nobody wants to fight it on road.

What makes you think it isn't headed that way? Much like Frontier, mainline keeps power creeping armor skills. I'll be fair and say it was already too much in 4th gen, but World clearly takes the cake. How about monster attacks? They keep adding more that are bigger and mostly meant to be dodged for their entire duration rather than played around with positioning, let's look at Teostra's Nova, and now also Nerg's divebomb, Luna's nova, Rathalos' aerial combos. Name another game that has one specific attack animation that uses two monsters besides Frontier and World. How about moveset bloat on pretty much every weapon?

I disagree to a gross degree but it's 3:00 am I'm too sleepy to type a 200 word essay about why I think you're wrong so you win for now.
Hopeful we'll meet again in another monster hunter thread were I can persuade to see thing my perspective, but not tonight, good night

Attached: __ump9_girls_frontline_drawn_by_dokumi__sample-e328a95d745fcb2faacc22a83cfe3609[1].jpg (850x850, 76K)

hello cunts

Attached: cunt.jpg (980x653, 75K)

Literally pick ANY LBG with Thunder Ammo rapid fire and aim to the face
Even AT Kusha goes KO almost everytime you pull the gun trigger
Wind is literally no issue like this, he can't even physically counter attack you

You can kill Lunastra without ever letting her use the nova, elderseal was introduced for that reason. Otherwise you can also flashbomb to force her to use it when you feel comfortable.

Other than that, what's wrong with nerg's divebomb, teostra's nova? Not sure what you are referring to with Rath's combos either.

As for the Luna/teo nova it's just a gimmick specific to 2-3 quests, a twist on the usual territorial fights.

>sleep inducing bite
...what? this is literally the first time i hear about this

>You can kill Lunastra without ever letting her use the nova
You can kill most monsters without letting them do much of anything, but that's more a problem stemming from how much damage you can dish out and how low monster's thresholds are.
>elderseal was introduced for that reason
It didn't need introduction, you used to be rewarded for staggering elder dragons in the hitzone that comes with the highest risk of aiming for it, rather than being rewarded for picking the braindead dragon element weapon and just hitting as much as possible literally anywhere.
>Otherwise you can also flashbomb to force her to use it when you feel comfortable.
That doesn't stop it from being a shitty nuke attack that just occasionally makes you stand back and watch the monster do its thing while there is literally no possible reward for good positioning other than not getting hit. That is also what I'm criticizing about the rest of the attacks. While airborne, Rathalos attacks so quickly that there is no opening for attacking other than specific pausing animations inbetween its combos that scream "please hit me now".
>As for the Luna/teo nova it's just a gimmick specific to 2-3 quests, a twist on the usual territorial fights.
Just like Frontier has its gimmick shit. I want to play the game, not watch 20 second clips of monsters fighting or cuddling eachother, fuck off with this normie ecology shit.

When are we getting a water flagship or dragon again?
Last time was fucking Amatsu.

he/she cute

Sonic bomb you stupid nigger.

WHEN'S TIGREX

Hopefully never unless they rework its fight to actually be good.

OP is unironically someones OC at Yea Forums. He is the shittiest poster EVER. Shitty to read. Shitty image. Shitty faggotry. Yet he gets into every single fucking thread. Every thread is blemished by this fucking OC being in it for literally no reason other than, "bro, he's someone at Yea Forums's OC, he has to be in!!!"
I can literally imagine the fucking retard at Yea Forums who thinks this is cool. Some Ken Penders autistic German mother fucker who CONSTANTLY insists on OP being in every single thread for some ungodly reason and they just can't say no because he's the janitor's son or something.

Tigrex along with the Raths are peak monhun, only red tampon tigrex dips into faggotry teritory.

You mean good for World aka bad.

>You can kill most monsters without letting them do much of anything,

In Luna's case, it's not about stagger locking or killing it in 3 minutes. I've had 10 minute hunts in which she never managed to pull off a Nova.

>t didn't need introduction, you used to be rewarded for staggering elder dragons in the hitzone that comes with the highest risk of aiming for it

And it's still like that. Elderseal is meant to reduce the monster's aura.

>While airborne, Rathalos attacks so quickly that there is no opening for attacking

I don't use ranged weapons so it's not really my problem but still, if you have problems you can just flash bomb it. Also keep in mind that Rath used to have shit like the world tour, in which you had to wait 20-30 seconds doing nothing.

>specific pausing animations inbetween its combos that scream "please hit me now".

So just like MH has always been?

>not watch 20 second clips of monsters fighting or cuddling eachother,

Luna/Teo are together in 3 quests, and most of the time you'll be fighting her alone through investigations so where's the problem? Not to mention that you can flash them to interrupt it, or in the case of normal monsters keep attacking normally.

Also, I'd like to add that I feel X/XX were closer to Frontier than World. Some deviant attacks were really dumb to look at.

>every mh
he wasn't included in mh3u, that's why i like mh tri/3u so much - there isn't any elder dragons except for altreon which is the toughest fight ever and dire mrialis which is the easist one ever.

it was good attempt user

>there isn't any elder dragons except for altreon which is the toughest fight ever and dire mrialis
You forgot about Jhen and Ceadeus.

First off: they are big and epic, second: how the fuck are they even qualified as dragons,ceadeus is clearly a leviathan, jhen is some sand monster. They don't do magic and they arent dragons, so they don't get into the description

Wrong.

No, Tigrex was the worst monster, an absolute blemish, in the best MH, that being Unite.

>They don't do magic and they arent dragons
That could be said about most EDs like Lao or Fatty.

>tigrex is peak monhun
agreed
>along with the raths
commit suicide

lol rage mode.

Elder dragons is a catch all name for monsters so strong they alter the ecosystem around them or somesuch.

>implying it swims in rage

Fatty is clearly a dragon, he is an epitome of a classic dragon, lao is like a chinese myth dragon

And neither are "magical".

In my opinion World is one of the easiest MH games to date.
I played through the entire game solo without carting once.
This faggot's shitty tornado spam changed that.

It's either magical or something that looks like a dragon, that's what i meant. Kirin is a thunderhorse, that baloon cthulhu thing is a balloon cthulhu thing

Is that really an opinion though? I mean, it's a fact that its easier due to the higher weapon damage but lower monster HP.

>It's either magical or something that looks like a dragon
Oh like Teo, Luna and Nakarkos which are neither.

>In Luna's case, it's not about stagger locking or killing it in 3 minutes. I've had 10 minute hunts in which she never managed to pull off a Nova.
That's not any better. If you give a monster a gimmick only for it to never even be a thing because you picked the obvious choice of gear that rewards braindead attacking, then it's not a very good gimmick, is it?
>And it's still like that. Elderseal is meant to reduce the monster's aura.
Aiming for one specific hitzone that carries the highest risk of doing so is not even remotely the same as hitting anywhere but with specific gear. Same effect, completely different cause.
>I don't use ranged weapons so it's not really my problem
It is, because Rathalos' head is designed to be hittable for every weapon during its openings. This is the one thing I will commend about World's monster design, and your ignorance toward it is evidence of your lack of experience.
>if you have problems you can just flash bomb it
That's solving one problem by causing another. What's the point of its aerial behavior if you're just going to flashpod it to death anyway? Both extremes are poor design. Ideally Rathalos would be immune to flashpods while airborne, but its attack patterns and animations would reward all weapons equally for aiming at one specific hitzone and flinching it out of the air. The worst part is when I do this and for some reason the hacks at Capcom have given it an aerial flinch animation that means I'm not even being rewarded for hitting it while airborne.
>Also keep in mind that Rath used to have shit like the world tour, in which you had to wait 20-30 seconds doing nothing.
Nobody ever liked the world tour, or monsters digging underground for unnecessarily long times. Given that this was at the start of the series you'd think that we could completely avoid this poor design more than a decade later.

Git gud

>that baloon cthulhu thing is a balloon cthulhu thing
Yama-Jii isn't magic or a dragon. Neither is Kirin.

You remember how SOUL feels like Yea Forums?

Attached: mhfu lightning.webm (640x360, 953K)

Yeah his bite puts you to sleep, as does him flying out of the water at you

Teostra and lunastra are ltierally lion dragons though. Nakarkos makes you think he's a dragon, but it's actually a mollusk
Thunder is magic. Yamatsukami is something else, i agree.

I love this monsters desu. And rathalos.

I have half a mind to redownload MHW and try this

Attached: Frank's boat bitten.jpg (1200x940, 501K)

This takes me back. How does Crimson Fatalis summon meteors again?

Can Lunastra's nova heat damage be mitigated by guard up or anything else? Or do you have to superman time it everytime?

Why did you think it has sleep weapons?

>So just like MH has always been?
Most fights do not require the monsters to have specific pausing animations to give you room to hit them, and when they do it screams lazy design. Tigrex is one of the most controversial monsters for a reason.
>Luna/Teo are together in 3 quests, and most of the time you'll be fighting her alone through investigations so where's the problem? Not to mention that you can flash them to interrupt it, or in the case of normal monsters keep attacking normally.
I can't think of a single turf war animation that doesn't move one or both monsters so unintuitively to throw the entire concept of weakspots out of the window. Even flashpods are a crapshoot with how the heads move, and even if they are I'm forfeiting damage and now have to deal with both monsters unless I also fling some crap. Why do I have to jump through these hoops just for wanting to play the game?
>Also, I'd like to add that I feel X/XX were closer to Frontier than World. Some deviant attacks were really dumb to look at.
This is fair. I have just as much criticism for those games as I do World.

This.

>lion dragons
You know manticores are a thing and that they aren't dragons, right?

It's a good simulation of real-world hunting too. You don't just bring the same tools/weapons to every single hunt no matter the game, you have to plan ahead. You wouldn't use birdshot to deal with a full-grown grizzly, would you?

>Why do I have to jump through these hoops just for wanting to play the game?
Those hoops are the game. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

>Thunder is magic.

Attached: huh.gif (300x168, 285K)

>That's not any better. If you give a monster a gimmick only for it to never even be a thing because you picked the obvious choice of gear that rewards braindead attacking, then it's not a very good gimmick, is it?

It's not about the gimmick, it's about using the existing mechanics as the devs intended. Just like poisoning Kushala to reduce its aura, using sonic bombs on burrowing monsters, flash on flying, meat on tigrex/jho and so on. These are all options, you can choose however you prefer to play.

>Aiming for one specific hitzone that carries the highest risk of doing so is not even remotely the same as hitting anywhere but with specific gear. Same effect, completely different cause.

I use hammer on teo/luna so I'm always in the face. Doesn't feel any riskier than staying on the tail for example, and to begin with you won't do any damage if you don't attack head/wings.

>and your ignorance toward it is evidence of your lack of experience.

In World just like previous MHs, I pop of a flash as soon as a Rath takes flight.

>That's solving one problem by causing another. What's the point of its aerial behavior if you're just going to flashpod it to death anyway? Both extremes are poor design.

Options. You can play safe and fast and keep in grounded or let it fly around.

>Given that this was at the start of the series you'd think that we could completely avoid this poor design more than a decade later.

No matter how much you dislike Lunastra, nothing in World is remotely comparable to world tour/monster's behaviour in old games.

What is the point of your post? I've pointed out why that shouldn't be the game, and why it being the game is shit.

I don't think they have to do much with manticores really, it's more like those heraldic lion dragons.
It is cause it doesn't shoot it from it's mouth. It literally makes homing thunder come out from nowhere.

>Thunder is magic
Do you even know what game you're talking about?

Attached: 1514761566646.png (745x629, 463K)

Boost fire res or use a fire mantle. Astera jerky and cat/HH song that speeds up recovery are also good options.

Ok, farcaster it is then. Fuck this fight.

>Most fights do not require the monsters to have specific pausing animations to give you room to hit them

But all have long recovery animations from the attacks, even Tigrex with the air biting and such.

Well, zinogre makes thunder through his thunderbug friends, what about kirin. Astalos also charges himself. So does the khezu.

>through his thunderbug friends,
Which aren't magic you idiot.

Back at you. Why are you playing a game you don't enjoy?

>lao is like a chinese myth dragon
The only Chinese thing about Lao is his name

>it's more like those heraldic lion dragons
You're thinking of a manticore.

I know, dumbass, i'm talking about kirin.
Maybe. It looks like a fucking dragon. Manticore has a man face and scorpion tail

You're just bad, m8. Kushala is perfectly enjoyable.

>it's IMPOSSIBLE
>well, it's not impossible, the values are just scaled way too high up
You suck, face it.

While you're calling user a dumbass over magic lightning unicorns, what bugs produce lightning?

Thunderbugs, duh.

>It looks like a fucking dragon
Despite not having any real dragonic features.

and they do this how?

>I know, dumbass, i'm talking about kirin
Oh my god way to miss the point retard.

Hope you're ready to see Rusted Kushala in Iceborne. :)

>Most fights do not require the monsters to have specific pausing animations to give you room to hit them, and when they do it screams lazy design.

You know, as someone looking in on this conversation, I can't even tell what you're arguing at this point. I only have a lot of experience with MH1, MHF2, a little with Tri, and now MHW.

Monsters doing some kind of attack that leaves them open for a second is pretty much a staple of the series. I don't understand what you're arguing since I think it's that MHW has shitty design, but MH1 and MHF2 were filled with that shit. I can't remember much of Tri, but I don't remember it being different since I don't think I fainted once in my short time with it.

You're arguing that positioning should be rewarded, but the way positioning has always been rewarded is by positioning in a way that a monster whiffs its attack and that you get to do damage as it's missing and during its recovery animations. Your argument started out that MHW is trending towards Frontier levels of dumb MMO AoE bullshit, which I agree with, but I think you've argued yourself into a completely different direction for the sake of not agreeing with who you're talking to even though it doesn't make sense.

>It's not about the gimmick, it's about using the existing mechanics as the devs intended.
Yes, I am saying the the mechanics that the devs intended are worse than previously.
>Just like poisoning Kushala to reduce its aura
Definitely the worst one.
>using sonic bombs on burrowing monsters
Which used to come with the drawback of denying you access to good hitzones, especially Diablos and Monoblos.
>flash on flying
With how flying has evolved over the years it should no longer be a thing as I highlighted previously.
>meat on tigrex/jho
Comes with the trade-off of returning their stamina, which was good.
>Doesn't feel any riskier than staying on the tail for example
It probably would if elderseal didn't remove auras, chip damage was still a thing, and their hitboxes weren't extremely lenient. Like in older games.
>and to begin with you won't do any damage if you don't attack head/wings.
Yes, so where is the risk/reward? If you do higher damage there why doesn't the head feel riskier? Why isn't brainlessly hacking at the hindlegs until it falls over to hit the wings risky for cutting weapons?
>In World just like previous MHs, I pop of a flash as soon as a Rath takes flight.
Again, with how much the fight has evolved it should no longer be a thing.
>Options. You can play safe and fast and keep in grounded or let it fly around.
That's not good. In what world should playing safe be rewarded by going fast.
>nothing in World is remotely comparable to world tour/monster's behaviour in old games.
How is it not? Both result in the same course of action, that being waiting for the animation to finish.

>even Tigrex with the air biting and such.
Yes, I specifically mentioned it as a point of contention due to it being the worst case of this in older games. It wasn't good design there, it isn't now.

I remember thinking the dragon was already metal and higher than the rod

Attached: 1337837009251.gif (371x331, 2M)

I enjoyed the previous games, logically I would want them to continue and criticize the game that claims to be continuing those games when I didn't enjoy it like I did the rest. Is there anything wrong with that?

It has four legs and wings and breathes fire. What else do you need.
They charge up, bugs tend to do crazy shit like shock and stuff.
What was your point. You can somehow believe a monster that shoots stuff from it's mouth, it's harder to believe monsters that have thunder or wind aura or similar shit.

Values being fucked in MHW online is something I agree with. Coop used to be fun, now its the exact opposite. I prefer solo when going farming and that really shouldn't be the case because its ultra boring. But when hunts take longer with 4 people instead of solo, something is wrong.

>hurr git gud and find gud ppl
That translates to just stunlocking the mon with meta builds and never letting it do anything. Also unfun and not how it used to be, there used to be diversity in coop. Not anymore unless you want hunts to end 10 minutes later because nobody wants to overextend and actually use their weapons/tools.

>It is cause it doesn't shoot it from it's mouth.
No creature in real life causes lightning by shooting it from its mouth, you are aware of this?
Lightning is caused by charge differentials between the ground and the sky, and it actually starts at the ground and goes up.

Things I ant in iceborne
>gigginox
>dalamadur
>fatalis

Things I won't get in iceborne
>gigginox
>dalamadur
>fatalis

It being a reptile? Teostra is clearly a manticore, not a dragon. They're different things.

user, his point was that in the world of MH Kirin isn't magical if bugs can do the same thing.

>Monsters doing some kind of attack that leaves them open for a second is pretty much a staple of the series.
Yes. The only thing I'm arguing is that World does this poorly due to how obvious each opportunity is made. It's patronizing design.
>You're arguing that positioning should be rewarded, but the way positioning has always been rewarded is by positioning in a way that a monster whiffs its attack and that you get to do damage as it's missing and during its recovery animations.
Now we're talking. The only reason this offshoot of my argumentation has come this way is because I mentioned Rathalos' aerial combos. They do not reward positioning, they reward circle strafing repeated attacks and then unsheathing your weapon for one or two hits when it does its obvious idle roar after a combo.
>Your argument started out that MHW is trending towards Frontier levels of dumb MMO AoE bullshit, which I agree with
Yes, I've highlighted Rathalos' combos as something that can be likened to Frontier's dumb AoE bullshit because effectily they do the same thing of you doing nothing but running away for the entire duration and then landing some hits during the obvious recovery animation.

Lavasioth should just be replaced with Agnaktor, as a matter of fact Lavasioth shouldnt exist in the first place

>I enjoyed the previous games, logically I would want them to continue and criticize the game that claims to be continuing those games when I didn't enjoy it like I did the rest. Is there anything wrong with that?

I don't see how you can run through a series that is rife with asking the player to jump through hoops to deal with various challenges, and then gripe about a single example in World that actually asks the player to jump through any.

>nobody likes fighting this monster
>instead of fixing it, let's make it an event :)
The absolute state of Capcom

There are a lot of things that shouldn't exist like Khezu or Gravios.

>Yes, I am saying the the mechanics that the devs intended are worse than previously.

Outside of elderseal it's all stuff that has always been there.

>Which used to come with the drawback of denying you access to good hitzones, especially Diablos and Monoblos.

Not really. Ever used a lance/GL? you can it its stomach without worries. I imagine it applies to other weapons as well.

> If you do higher damage there why doesn't the head feel riskier?

Because you hit during openings, like it's always been. You don't go in front of Teo's face while it's sneezing/doing the flamethrower, you go to the side and wait for your opportunity.

>Why isn't brainlessly hacking at the hindlegs

I imagine you can get hit by tail swipes (especially Luna's bullshit one), claws, jumps explosions.

>That's not good. In what world should playing safe be rewarded by going fast.

Always been like this. In MH fast means stunlocking, be it through items (flash,sonic,traps etc) status or simply damage.

>How is it not? Both result in the same course of action, that being waiting for the animation to finish.

Both Nova and turf war are shorter than world tour, and you are still doing something (either avoiding damage or attacking monsters) instead of sharpening and waiting for Rath to come down. Previous games also had long downtimes with monsters escaping to the other side of the map.

>except the aura
that's literally the only thing that matters though.

No fuck this guy and his special wind that windproof doesn't work on. He's the only monster in the game you would ever bring windproof 5 for and it doesn't even fucking work.

>Always hit Plessy on the head
>Get to the 2 Green Plesioth quest in MFHU
>50 mins and I haven't done it
>Twice
>Turns out Plessy doesn't give a shit about getting his brain smashed in and has a soft belly
>I had been bonking every Plessy so far for no reason

I was not a happy chappy. Fuck Plessy and fuck black felynes.

No the easiest elder is Vaal Hazak. He literally stands still for 90% of the fight and all of his attacks have 300 years of windup time and then miss you completely.

For Luna's tail swipe, just get right in her ass to attack and when you see her getting ready, roll under her leg. You'll go right through to her side and be safe.

>tumblr nose

That guy claims he knows about Kush and yet also claims he can't do something about the aura lmao.

Get the 3 Kush armor parts bonus skill that says "negates all wind pressure". It also negates aura. The only thing left is eye of the tornado damage, that's never been a thing you can negate.

Yeah and that's shit. Because it makes Windproof a completely useless skill. What are you going to bring Windproof to, Lunastra?

>Get the 3 Kush armor parts bonus skill
>to get this you need to fight Kushala first

Attached: 1406385156075.jpg (1024x1024, 243K)

>to make kush less tedious you need to grind it!
These are the people defending World

Attached: 1539472014037.gif (230x230, 1.94M)

This isn't a binary situation of hoops or no hoops, there are good hoops and there are bad hoops. The only hoops that I want are the monster fighting hoops, and the risk reward hoops.

>Outside of elderseal it's all stuff that has always been there.
Sure, and elderseal is the most egregious due to how it interacts with the monsters and how prevalent those monsters are at the end of the game.
>Not really. Ever used a lance/GL? you can it its stomach without worries.
I said used to. Diablos used to have a hitzone so low you'd bounce with the highest sharpness at its stomach, instead of it being a soft spot now.
>Because you hit during openings, like it's always been.
Which brings us back to what I said about openings being different.
>You don't go in front of Teo's face while it's sneezing/doing the flamethrower, you go to the side and wait for your opportunity.
Yes, and at one point his hitboxes didn't leave a blind spot between its head and forelegs. At one point it was also riskier to wait for the flamethrower to end and snipe the head during the short recovery animation.
>I imagine you can get hit by tail swipes (especially Luna's bullshit one), claws, jumps explosions.
Won't happen as long as you don't stay between the legs.
>Always been like this.
Not even close to how it is in World. After its short falling animation Rathalos would start thrashing about unpredictably and spin its head out of your reach.
>or simply damage.
This is the ideal case, and ideally the flinching thresholds would be high enough, or the animations short enough to not allow stunlocking, as has usually been true.
>Both Nova and turf war are shorter than world tour
Fair enough, yet the world tour was far more infrequent, usually not happening once in an entire ten minute fight.
>Previous games also had long downtimes with monsters escaping to the other side of the map.
After first gen they weren't any longer than World, and now they run faster.

>Lunastra?
Absolutely. Apart from that? Nothing. Shit indeed.

>get 3 parts slowly by grinding
>never have to worry about aura again and farm it
Or yeah, you can just do a one n done because who farms in MH amirite? You'll never need a Daora gem again in the future, no sir.

>grind it
3 parts = 2 hunts in world, 3 hunts if you're unlucky. You're just outing yourself as never having played the game.

I play sword and shield and never leave her ass, so wind pressure doesn't affect me in that fight.

>Fucking tornadoes everywhere
>Can hardly see through them and they can block off hunters from even getting close to it
>Instantly spawns 3-4 of the fucking things upon wakeup when he's near death
>Poison doesn't get rid of his wind pressure
>To get rid of it, you need HIS armor to acquire the max amount of WP
>Even then, the WP doesn't get rid of the flinch from his aura
>Elderseal is the only way to get rid of it

I fucking hate Kushala in World.

Attached: 1425882158644.png (446x365, 195K)

Agnaktor is basically Lagiacrus skeleton - if they had to cancel Lagi don't expect clack boy

He’s boring but he hasn’t been bullshit since 3u fixed his hitboxes and(in that game) let you follow him in the water to kill him.

So let me get this straight, poison no longer works on Kush?

No, elderseal is what takes away his aura now. Lasts nowhere near as long as poison used to.

>2 hunts in world
That's still fucking grinding you moron. Even then the point is to do it to prep for Kush, what's the point if you already beat it twice?

No. The designers forgot that poison exists and are now pushing the elderseal meme onto you which does the exact same fucking thing.
I'm theorizing this is partially due to Nerg Sue needing to be cool and relevant.

>what's the point if you already beat it twice?
Read my post again to find the point?

That's absolutely ridiculous. That's not even making the fight harder.

>you need HIS armor
Just 3 parts, not the entire set. Go online and have someone carry your stupid ass 2 times max, you'll be able to craft them.

He's still weak to poison though.

He's just so goddamned tedious to fight. He roars as often as he does any kind of wind pressure, so you need hge and windpress if you want to do anything the entire fight. But then all your skills are taken up by hge and windpress, so you do fuckall damage.

>Go online and have someone carry your stupid ass 2 times max,
Not only are you defending World's shitty choices but you're a filthy casual who gets carried.

Oh right that post that says sweet fuck all.

That being said, he's still an absolute chore to fight. I like it when I have to prepare for hunts and not wear the same clownsuit or use the same braindead flowcharts for every monster, but Daora is obnoxious when it comes to this. I just don't enjoy fighting it in this game at all.
I'm about to go fight it real quick and see how effective Dragon Seal is on him so I can avoid the fucking WIND THAT PUSHES ME into the ground so often. I also dislike Azure Rath for being just as annoying to fight; especially tempered when only 3 flash bombs are available for bringing him back down to the ground before his wings are broken.

Attached: 1558647171315.png (1136x1500, 2.71M)

>defending
No, its shitty, windproof is the most retarded skill in world atm. But you looked like a total retard who couldn't even figure out how to get the set skill so I'm assuming you couldn't even solo him without it. And from your reply it seems I'm right.

>I like it when I have to prepare for hunts and not wear the same clownsuit or use the same braindead flowcharts for every monster
You and me both. The game does give you a way, but this way actually being a clownsuit is the worst thing I've ever seen in an MH game. 1st MH that forced me to use clownsuits honestly. I could get by with full sets in previous games because there were other ways to circumvent not having skills: tools, status weapons etc. Not here.

Being blind must be hard, my condolenses.

>But you looked like a total retard who couldn't even figure out how to get the set skill
Are you being retarded on purpose?
We're saying how it's fucking stupid that you have to grind the monster that you want to kill in order to get armor that helps you kill it.

>This isn't a binary situation of hoops or no hoops, there are good hoops and there are bad hoops. The only hoops that I want are the monster fighting hoops, and the risk reward hoops.
Right, but it's variety. Turf wars are risking time for potential damage opportunity. They're 'safe', generally not worth your time when you know what you're doing. It's little different than dropping meats to deal with jho, which is dramatically shittier now that it generally ignores placed meat. If you know what you're doing the status is probably not much if any damage gain. If you don't, but know about the meat it can be invaluable for the safe damage they afford.

>the quest literally calls Lavasioth "that monster no one likes\bothers hunting"

Kushala is baby toys. Animation canceling Yian Garuga is worse. If you're a Worldsperm, then this easily headlocked garbage is really simple!

Unlike dropping meats in front of Jho, turf wars happen through no influence of my own, though. Instead of initiating the safer but slower path by using an item I now have to use multiple items to stop it from happening, and with how much the animations move the monsters it isn't even guaranteed to work.

>grind the monster
30-40 hunts for a gem is a grind. MH4U GQ weapons is a grind. Kulve is a grind. 2-3 hunts isn't a grind.

The way windproof works/doesn't work is stupid. But don't act like its a the end of the world dedicating 1 hour of your 300hours in MH to make 3 armor parts, especially in world where you can craft armors twice as easily. You don't even have to make the parts that require gems.

It's always been like that.

You are 15 years late to complain about it.

>turf wars happen through no influence of my own, though
turf wars CAN happen through no influence of your own, but you can lure monsters to engage eachother. It's a huge time loss unless you're effectively trash, in which case the damage is real.

I know that does nothing for you, but if you're upset over the free damage because you literally could do more without the turf war turning a monster around, you're so far past progression that I'm flat out going to say you're perspective on the matter isn't practically relevant. The game is over. Sorry about your speed run times. Have fun.

>you're so far past progression that I'm flat out going to say you're perspective on the matter isn't practically relevant.
Don't you think my perspective is relevant precisely due to this? The previous games didn't need this casual trite.
It's not even me feeling like I'm missing out on dealing damage, and I don't know why you're bringing the speedrunning boogieman into this, it should be a given that being forced to watch the same shitty cutscene more than once within the same playthrough is unacceptable. I just want to play the game.
There is no reward in watching a short movie and seeing damage result from that, if I wanted that I would be watching actual movies instead of playing games, you cinematic nigger.

Not him but no it hasn't. No monster has ever required you to grind it to get its parts to defeat it.
That's purely a World thing.

>Every monster
You mean besides the ones that are based on real life mythical creatures?

OC's are also based on real life concepts. Everything is based on real life concepts, because that is how the human brain works. It can create derivatives that seem close to being completely new, but the truth is that we cannot create an entirely foreign concept from nothing.

Nothing in world requires you to grind it to defeat it. Kushala is not that hard. Many monster sets help you kill that monster. And that's what you wrote.

>Kushala is not that hard
No one is saying it is, if you've been paying attention the whole conversation has been about World being tedious. Those are two very different things.
>Many monster sets help you kill that monster.
Read the thread. In fact actually play World and you'll understand why the it's annoying.
>And that's what you wrote.
One, I'm not that user.
Two, that's not what he wrote.

>Kushala Daora is unironically someones OC at Capcom. He is the shittiest monster EVER. Shitty to fight. Shitty design. Shitty gimmick. Yet he gets into every single fucking game. Every Monster Hunter is blemished by this fucking OC being in it for literally no reason other than, "bro, he's someone at Capcom's OC, he has to be in!!!"
>
>I can literally imagine the fucking retard at Capcom who thinks this is cool. Some Ken Penders autistic Japanese mother fucker who CONSTANTLY insists on Kushala being in every single Monster Hunter for some ungodly reason and they just can't say no because he's the CEOs son or something.

Seething meleecuck.

Attached: 1558631792693.png (499x695, 387K)

>calling someone else shitter
>while implying you use ranged weapons

Attached: rajanggetout.jpg (1000x1150, 199K)

Stay mad, aimlet trash.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-24 Fujimi1016Ce_009 png (PNG Image, 2043 × 3000 pixels).png (601x1062, 345K)

Shut up Jerry

Is there ANY monster that isn't cheesed by ranged?

>Real life
>Mythical

Attached: 1515369497579.gif (700x600, 833K)

As in real life myths and legends. You know what I fucking meant.

Required implies it's difficult.
I've played at least one game from every gen of monster hunter. He's really not that annoying. Flash him or stunlock him.

>Real life mythical creatures.

Attached: 1520478728624.gif (600x500, 2.91M)

>"Playing" the game by standing far away from the monster out of the action and just plinking it
At that point are you even playing a game?

Aimlet trash, you can't aim, you play melee shit, you can't kill anything, you cart like a worm.

ME HUNTER. ME ANGRY AT FLYING ROAR-THING. ME GET UNGAGUNGA. CLUSTERBUNGA BOOM! BLANKET ROCKSTEADY, KNEES BENT BOWGUN IS HEAVY.

Myths are a product of real life, retard.

Myths aren't real and are an amalgamation of multiple re-tellings through generations. No one can claim ownership of a myth.

Nothing of what you said stands in opposition to what I said. You're not wrong either.

It means that even monsters based on "real life myths" are still one hundred percent original characters, as it is their own interpretation of said myth.

That is also true. It still does not justify the greentext.

Just use a bow(gun) retard. It's a 3 story tall giant dragon that shoots magic. Just bullshit it back. Honorable weapons are for honorable monsters.

I could aim but I could also just do something equally as entertaining like watch paint dry or grass grow.

>I could aim
No you couldn't, aimlet shitter.

sans it's an MHW thread. I stopped playing after getting the the one GS the rocket something. if i wanna get back in right now what should i aim for gear wise or am i still golden with nerg+ Atk boost out of the ass?

Behemoth armor but replace the chest with Damascus ß

How hard is it killing behemoth as GS solo?

Very hard. Due to its shit fight design it's one of the worst weapons for attempting the kill, and you're best off using the oldschool crit draw method.

you can deal damage while turf wars are occuring. They're perfect times to place bombs. Instead of being mad, have fun.

Part of the point is variety in investigations. Some end up better than others because they have better/worse/no turf war potentials.

but you know. end game everyhting should be perfectly formulaic where you can nothing personal behind mons just like the last time.

Just like the speed runners.

Have fun dude. Turf wars don't solve the game. You already concede it would be faster for you personally if they weren't. The ceiling is as high as ever. Enjoy looking down on the plebs or whatever